Type keyword(s) to search

S34: Hali Ford

Jabu
  • Start Topic

I still wish we got the video they made at Ponderosa.  Old school Survivor Ponderosa's probably would have shown it.  Now we just see Survivors show up, reflect, complain, whine, and eat (and sometimes ignore each other).

• Love 2

I like that Hali is not even bothering to give a BS answer as to why she is a  game changer. As she said she thinks they were crazy to cast her with this group. Love it. One of things I was wondering about is whether or not she and Sierra were going to align this season. That answer appears to be no as they are apparently not friends at all. 

• Love 2
8 minutes ago, LanceM said:

I like that Hali is not even bothering to give a BS answer as to why she is a  game changer. As she said she thinks they were crazy to cast her with this group. Love it. One of things I was wondering about is whether or not she and Sierra were going to align this season. That answer appears to be no as they are apparently not friends at all. 

They're not?  The Worlds Apart cast seemed to be tightly bonded post-season.  Did something happen between Hali and Sierra to which we're not privy?

16 minutes ago, Michel said:

They're not?  The Worlds Apart cast seemed to be tightly bonded post-season.  Did something happen between Hali and Sierra to which we're not privy?

Personally, I think that cast wasn't as close as they wanted people to think.  Or at least, they were until the season aired and all the shit hit the fan between the Dan drama and Will.  There was a lot of talk about it being one of Probst's favorites ever, and the closest cast ever.  I think that all went to their heads.  Hali/Jenn seem tight (I saw a post of those two hanging with Malcolm on Jenn's twitter).  Joe/Sierra/Mike/Tyler all seem extremely tight, and I think Joe is still somewhat tight with Jenn.  Like any season, they might be friendly with certain groups of each other within their cast, or visit each other when they happen to be in that person's respective state. 

Maybe it's because Hali was one of 3 people in that cast that had a job and didn't have time to spend weeks on end hanging with everyone.  I do know that Sierra was one of the people Hali was hoping to rope into a girl's alliance, but Sierra stuck with her BC.  I doubt she holds a grudge, though.

Edited by LadyChatts
  • Love 1

This is what Sierra had to say about Hali in her interview with Gordon Holmes:

Holmes: What’s your relationship like with Hali?
Thomas: Pretty much like it was in the game; non-existent. (Laughs) I love the girl. I think she’s gorgeous, sweet, all of the above, but we don’t communicate.

• Love 2
19 hours ago, LanceM said:

This is what Sierra had to say about Hali in her interview with Gordon Holmes:

Holmes: What’s your relationship like with Hali?
Thomas: Pretty much like it was in the game; non-existent. (Laughs) I love the girl. I think she’s gorgeous, sweet, all of the above, but we don’t communicate.

Who knew? LOL!!

My only information about the Season 30 cast is Max......who I can't stand. For the longest time there all these pictures of him, Tyler, Mike, Joe & SIerra going here and there and sitting on top of each other shouting WE ARE CLOSE. I don't think Hali and Jenn were in the click or were just busy with their own lives. It will be interesting to see how they get along with each other. It's not like they hate each other. They just don't hang out which is pefectly fine. It happens in life, too.

• Love 2
On ‎2‎/‎9‎/‎2017 at 8:05 PM, LanceM said:

Since we know this theme will play out throughout the season in endless TH and extra vids, I wonder if Hali will flat out refuse to play along, thus getting an invisible edit as a result (unless she does something amazing where they can't ignore her, which I'm hoping for).  I've enjoyed reading her interviews for this very reason.  Unlike some other questionable casting choices (including her WA alum) who are totally towing the line of why they deserve to be called Game Changers and all the fantastic stuff they are going to do to prove it, I like Hali's approach to the game.  If anyone will really utilize this second chance, I know it'll be her.

• Love 4

I don't think that will be an issue with Hali because honestly I doubt she will be go to person in confessionals to talk about theme. Whereas Kelly was most definitely the go to person to got to for a comment about her second chance. Her problem is going to be that there are so many big personalities out there that she might get lost in the shuffle.

Here is a short interview with Dalton Ross where she once again says she doesn't know why she is here. Some other highlights.

Ironically, I like Sarah the Cop [ED NOTE: Possible Law & Order alliance!], Tony’s little sidekick in the last season. So if they’re pitted against each other, which I hope they are, I’m gonna go for Sarah. But if they’re together, that’s kind of a turn-off for her as an alliance person, so I’ll probably go with Malcolm. He’s kind of the go-to alliance guy.

Note to Dalton Ross: "Law and Order" is about cops and prosecutors not cops and public defenders. Just sayin'

http://ew.com/tv/2017/02/12/survivor-game-changers-hali-ford/

Edited by LanceM
  • Love 2

There is definitely no bigger target than Tony this season.  

I just go back to SC, and while I agree about Kelly, it seems everyone was prodded constantly about this being their second chance and how much it meant to them, how they were improving to come to terms with what went wrong the first time, etc.. But now that I think about it, Hali might actually make it fun and give TH like "game changer?  Where?  Me?". Of course you are right that they might focus on the bigger characters (and maybe people that actually did change the game in some form).

Here is Hali's interview with Gordon Holmes. She really is at a disadvantage in that she literally doesn't know most of these people because she didn't watch a lot of their seasons.  She seems to want to like and want to work with Aubry and Cirie which I am all for her doing.  She once again stresses that she doesn't want to work with Sierra at all.  

http://my.xfinity.com/blogs/tv/2017/02/17/survivor-hali-dont-intention-working-sierra-trust-pretty-much-gone/

Edited by LanceM
  • Love 2

Hali not having a TV reminds me of Kelly Wigles saying she never watched Survivor after her season (hell, she didn't even watch her own season) because she didn't have a TV, either.  I'm also a little nervous about her chances, but since she doesn't seem to have a huge target on her back going in, I hope she can skate by for awhile and sink her teeth into the game where she can start making moves.  I'm glad she doesn't want to work with Sierra.  Her biggest mistake might be to play too fast, too soon.  That and getting on the wrong side of numbers early on.

I know she's a lawyer, but I loved this line:

Holmes: You’re a lawyer now? You passed the bar?
Ford: Yes I did.
Holmes: So, you’re white collar now?
Ford: (Laughs) I don’t know. I work for criminals, so I don’t know what that makes me.

Shirin did an interview with Inside Survivor about what she thinks of Hali and Sierra's chances this season.  She also mentioned the S30 tattoos, and I wondered what the heck she meant. 

http://insidesurvivor.com/shirin-oskooi-talks-hali-and-sierra-25605

Edited by LadyChatts

So it sounds like there is no love lost between Hali & Sierra. Just like life not everyone gets along. Although, I thought the whole Dirty 30 (who I pretty much hate) cast are bff and practically stuck together like glue. I'm hoping she sticks to her guns and doesn't work with Sierra. I'd like to see a real rilvary to see who will outlast who. I'm sort of torn on that question. It's really up in the air. I honestly couldn't say who is going to last longer, play better & end up in a better alliance. Hali or Sierra? Only, 19 more days until we find out. Not that I'm counting or anything. LOL!!!

• Love 2

No love lost and if rumors are to believed it has more to do with something that happened off the island namely an issue between Jenn and Sierra that involved a certain man-bunned individual that they all played with on their season. But again, if you believe rumors.

On another note I was just reading Varner's interview with Gordon Holmes and he had this observation about Hali at pre-game Ponderosa which I liked.

Hali is a wild card. But, I find her to be… I love the social justice in her. She’s reading the book “Roots” at Ponderosa. She takes time out of her day to have conversations with the help. And I love that. 

Edited by LanceM
  • Love 4

That's what I like about Hali.  She probably would have killed it in an old school season.  She's real.  Life goes on for her after Survivor.  She's not obnoxious like some of her S30 castmates.  She seems extremely genuine and like a girl who really just likes the game and adventure, and not about making Survivor her profession.  I'd love to see her deliver Sierra a nice blindside and kick her out of the game (I really want Sierra to be a casting fail because I don't want to concede she got good at this game).  

On the subject of Jenn/Joe/Hali, they did seem somewhat close after the season ended.  But I noticed he never seemed to interact with Jenn anymore, and I wondered if something happened.  

Edited by LadyChatts
  • Love 4
9 hours ago, LanceM said:

No love lost and if rumors are to believed it has more to do with something that happened off the island namely an issue between Jenn and Sierra that involved a certain man-bunned individual that they all played with on their season. But again, if you believe rumors.

Ooooh, juicy! What supposedly happened?

• Love 2
On 2/18/2017 at 9:36 AM, peachmangosteen said:

Ooooh, juicy! What supposedly happened?

Just vague rumors about some sort of love triangle between Joe, Jenn and Siera where ultimately Joe dumped Jenn for Sierra. No idea if is true or not but that has is what out there. It wouldn't shock me though.

• Love 1
On 18/02/2017 at 1:12 AM, LadyChatts said:

This is an interesting read for insight into what it was like being out there with Hali and Sierra day-to-day, though I'm not sure I have enough respect for Shirin as a player to take her predictions all that seriously. She really seems to think Sierra has a lot of unrealized potential and is predicting that at both Hali and Sierra will make it to the merge and that one of them will make it to the end. I actually think the merge prediction is a safe bet (as long as neither one ends up on the outs with her tribe to start with, I don't think either of them will be early targets), but I'm really having trouble picturing how either of them gets to Final Tribal Council, given how they both played the first time.

• Love 2

Interview with Josh Wigler.

https://parade.com/552328/joshwigler/survivor-game-changers-hali-ford/

"except for the stuff I had planned. I wanted to do an all-girls’ alliance. I wanted to stage a coup. Who wanted Dan in the game? Everyone was just lame. Everyone lamed out. I don’t feel like I accomplished anything. I got rid of Max instead of Shirin, and I think that was my biggest move in the game, and I’ll own that, but it wasn’t instrumental. I don’t think I have anything to really hang my hat on."

We hear you Hali.

I never knew she had known Tina prior to going on the show.

"I knew her from before I went on the show. She went to my church. She’s the whole reason I ever got interested in this. When I was nine years old, me and my neighborhood friends would get together to watch Survivor because Tina Wesson was on. That’s when I decided that I was going to go on."

Is it just me or is Jeff Probst a little creepy here?

"If someone asked me who I wanted to be the Bonnie to my Clyde, I’m picking Hali. All day. We will rob banks together, and we will die in a bloody shootout."

This quip from Sarah made me laugh.

" I like Hali. She steers clear of the Dirty 30, from what people can see. But does she really? I don’t know."

• Love 3
(edited)

I love this girl so much.  I'm really rooting for her to do better than her WA counterpart.  At least she doesn't go on and on about how she's going to make a big move this time, just that she wants to improve her game.

There really is no love lost between her and Sierra by the sounds of it.  I question if Sierra would have had any chance (outside of sitting next to Dan and Will) winning WA.

Hali Ford (Worlds Apart): Sierra left a bad taste in my mouth because that’s how I went out: Sierra not doing what I told her to do. I spent the last couple days of my game on the beach [working on an alliance] with the girls. Everyone was on board. We had been sitting around and sneaking food together, canned cherries and whatnot. I thought it was going down. Sierra had been psychologically abused by these people. She kept going back like some kicked puppy to these guys. What the heck, Sierra? I don’t know if it was out of fear or strategy or what. We were going to take over the game.

Edited by LadyChatts
  • Love 1
On 3/6/2017 at 7:44 PM, LanceM said:

Interview with Josh Wigler.

https://parade.com/552328/joshwigler/survivor-game-changers-hali-ford/

"except for the stuff I had planned. I wanted to do an all-girls’ alliance. I wanted to stage a coup. Who wanted Dan in the game? Everyone was just lame. Everyone lamed out. I don’t feel like I accomplished anything. I got rid of Max instead of Shirin, and I think that was my biggest move in the game, and I’ll own that, but it wasn’t instrumental. I don’t think I have anything to really hang my hat on."

We hear you Hali.

Indeed, no one wanted Dan in the game, including the viewing audience. Wish her plan had worked out. And Max was free to go any time as well, so if that's her big move, I appreciated that one. 

Hali Ford (Worlds Apart): Sierra left a bad taste in my mouth because that’s how I went out: Sierra not doing what I told her to do. I spent the last couple days of my game on the beach [working on an alliance] with the girls. Everyone was on board. We had been sitting around and sneaking food together, canned cherries and whatnot. I thought it was going down. Sierra had been psychologically abused by these people. She kept going back like some kicked puppy to these guys. What the heck, Sierra? I don’t know if it was out of fear or strategy or what. We were going to take over the game.

I guess I can understand where Sierra was coming from a bit with her reasoning. Jenn/Hali were tight, Shirin became part of that group, but Sierra's only "alliance" was the BC tribe and there was still a majority of BC people. Had Sierra rocked that boat too early, she could have been left on the outside. And if she had pulled off an IC win at the right time, she could possibly have made to FTC that way. 

But from Hali's point of view and from the Monday morning quarterback point of view that knows how Sierra's game ended up, I can see where Sierra's choice seemed stupid. And made for boring TV, so I'm not sure how she got asked back. I would much rather have watched Jenn and Hali stay in the game over Dan and Will. 

• Love 5
(edited)

Wasn't enthused by her casting, but good on her for not getting smoked by Ozzy in a swimming challenge  (and it looked like the margin was basically the same before and after, actually).  I am pro-athletic women on this show, and that's a solid start.

Edited by enlightenedbum
  • Love 5

I was surprised that they sent Hali to swim against Ozzy, but equally happy and impressed she held her own against him.  Loved every minute of her this episode.  Given the chance I think she's going to do some damage.

• Love 6
(edited)

So this is what Jeff had to say about Hali to TVGuide:

"She bats her eyes and sort of plays as though she doesn't quite get what you're saying, and then thinks about it for a little bit. It's all a sham. Hali's uber smart and is playing you all the time." And she won't hesitate to double-cross her fellow castaways if they're not careful."

Tonight we heard Hali say that she plans to just lie in the grass like a cobra and just bide her time until it is time to strike.  I am thinking she makes atleast one big move this season.  

I agree, that she also held her own that swim against Ozzy. There was no way she was going to beat him but she kept pace with him.  

I am also loving that her and Sandra teamed up,though it probably won't last given the tribe swaps.

Edited by LanceM
  • Love 4

In case anyone was wondering who Eliza was going to trash this season the answer is Hali.  Apparently she is quitte miffed that Hali is on this season because she is not a game changer or something and she made the cardinal sin of dropping the snake in the challenge.  

• Love 2
(edited)

As if I needed another excuse to love Hali.  And another reason to really hope Hali surprises everyone, because I want Eliza to have to back pedal.  Is Andrea still a member of wine and cheese?  Maybe Hali voted her out and Eliza is pissed about that.  Or maybe she took a spot that was supposed to go to one of Eliza's clique members.  If she read her interviews, she'd realize even Hali thinks it's a joke she's on this season.  

I just went and checked her twitter out, and she's pretty bad.  Eliza was on a season called Fans vs FAVORITES.  I do like how someone called out the casting of her clique partner Francesca being cast for FvsF 2 and she didn't have a response.  Eliza didn't do jack in the first two seasons she was.  She trusted a guy who believed a stick with a face was the HII and never bothered to check it until she needed to. She coasted by during her seasons, and lucked out thanks to the tribe swap for FvsF.  Also, how is Sarah, Brad, Sierra, Zeke, Michaela, Caleb any more of a game changer? And what didn't Tai do besides save a chickens life and not play the idol for Scot.  Everyone can get lucky having a move fall into their lap.  

Edited by LadyChatts
  • Love 2

Eliza has a nasty tendency to be a mean girl.  She especially loves fat shaming, which was on display tonight too.

Though she did a lot in her seasons, especially the first.  Turning on Ami, for example.  Also a secret challenge badass and the best puzzle solver the show's ever had.

• Love 2

Yeah I saw that too regarding Francesca being on a season of "favorites". Of course Eliza doesn't have an answer to that because she is friends with Francesca. That is what this is all about. She is pissed that Hali is on this season and one of her friends is not. Simple as that.

Apparently Jeff thought Malcolm was swimming against Ozzy. lol

Gordon Holmes‏ @gordonholmes  4h4 hours ago

More

Behind-the-Scenes Tidbit: Probst couldn’t tell who was swimming for Mana at first and kept calling Hali "Malcolm." #Survivor500

• Love 4
2 hours ago, LanceM said:

In case anyone was wondering who Eliza was going to trash this season the answer is Hali.  Apparently she is quitte miffed that Hali is on this season because she is not a game changer or something and she made the cardinal sin of dropping the snake in the challenge.  

Best reason I've heard yet to root for Hali.

• Love 9
(edited)
3 hours ago, LanceM said:

Yeah I saw that too regarding Francesca being on a season of "favorites". Of course Eliza doesn't have an answer to that because she is friends with Francesca. That is what this is all about. She is pissed that Hali is on this season and one of her friends is not. Simple as that.

Apparently Jeff thought Malcolm was swimming against Ozzy. lol

Gordon Holmes‏ @gordonholmes  4h4 hours ago

More

Behind-the-Scenes Tidbit: Probst couldn’t tell who was swimming for Mana at first and kept calling Hali "Malcolm." #Survivor500

And yet that makes me love Hali again.  Probst probably didn't think one of the smaller girls out there would go up against Ozzy and actually do well.  And going back to Eliza's idiotic reasons for not liking her, who cares if she dropped the snake during the 2nd IC?  Even Caleb admitted that snake was a lot heavier than they were expecting.

Edited by LadyChatts
  • Love 3

I love Hali, and I love that she's playing so well so far!  Her name hasn't come up once yet, and I don't think it will now that Tony's gone.

I hope she keeps up the good work.  I wanna see her go farther this time than she did in Worlds Apart.

• Love 4
(edited)
17 hours ago, LanceM said:

Is FFSDT invisible to Eliza?!

EDIT: If Hali will keep on looking like she did last night throughout the whole season, I will add her to my all-time girl crushes of Brenda Lowe and Chelsea Meissner.

Edited by slowpoked
  • Love 2

More nonsense. This time from Andy Dehnert who writes a Survivor blog on Reality Blurred, and also frequently tweets with the above mentioned Eliza, had this to say in his blog today.

https://www.realityblurred.com/realitytv/2017/03/survivor-game-changers-the-stakes-have-been-raised-recap/

"I have no idea who Hali is or why her tribe kept her over Ciera. If they were concerned about strategic threats, they had two winners to choose from; if they were concerned about strength, they had Hali to vote off. The fact that Hali outlasted anyone is already a stain on this season."

Absolutely ridiculous. I think this commenter though really gets to the real issue:

"Don't get all the Hali hate...there has been plenty of time for people to complain about who was cast...now lets just see what they got...I could see her pulling a Wentworth....she is much more deserving than Caleb for instance... and she is actually pretty strong challenge wise..so seeing people use weak as a reason she should leave is just an excuse for basically saying they would prefer their favs stay around...which is fine..I"m a Ciera fan..but lets not act like Ciera is stronger physically or challenge wise than Hali..thats just a false narrative"

Anyway, she did get some nice press:

http://www.vcstar.com/story/entertainment/2017/03/08/ex-deputy-public-defender-returns-survivor/98913464/

""Going into the first game, we were all newbies, but this time there is a clear varsity team ... and I was on the JV team," Ford said with a laugh. "I knew I was going to have to scramble this season just to stay afloat. But I also came into this game in an advantageous position because I am not one who has a big target on their back."

• Love 7

Dalton Ross also got a jab in at her expense, saying she should have been voted off over Tony.  Even joked about Jeff not showing anyone the votes and just reading Hali's name, even though they all voted for Tony.  I love Michaela, but why not go after her for not even making the merge?  She got herself voted out by telling Jay she was going after his alliance buddy Michelle.  I'm hoping when Sierra has to go to TC and they vote off a big character, they go after her.  I get Hali's casting.  Sierra not so much.  And she's doing exactly the same thing she did during WA.  Aligning with the guys and probably hoping they'll make the moves and she'll just go along for the ride.  Hali I think will try and actually do something.

Also, do people forget how these seasons work?  Wasn't Sugar more of a hero than Candice?  Tina more of an AS than Amber?  I didn't realize you actually had to fit the title in order to make it through.  If that's the case, we would only need 2 weeks for this season since only about 4 people fit the 'game changers' title.  And I love Ciera as much as the next person, but voting her mom off is about the most overrated thing that has ever happened on this show.  Had she orchestrated some huge blindside against her mom, then I'd be impressed.  I don't know if I trust the editing, since the show seemed to speed by last night, but Ciera and Tony dug their own graves.  Plus, everyone practically said pre-show they wanted both of them gone.  And now everyone's shocked it happened?

All this negativity just makes me root for Hali more than I thought I already could.  Here's hoping she really sticks it to them.  And if she doesn't, it's not like she'll care.  She's not out to make a living being a reality TV show contestant and seek approval from the masses.

Edited by LadyChatts
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, LadyChatts said:

Dalton Ross also got a jab in at her expense, saying she should have been voted off over Tony.  Even joked about Jeff not showing anyone the votes and just reading Hali's name, even though they all voted for Tony.  I love Michaela, but why not go after her for not even making the merge?  She got herself voted out by telling Jay she was going after his alliance buddy Michelle.  I'm hoping when Sierra has to go to TC and they vote off a big character, they go after her.  I get Hali's casting.  Sierra not so much.  And she's doing exactly the same thing she did during WA.  Aligning with the guys and probably hoping they'll make the moves and she'll just go along for the ride.  Hali I think will try and actually do something.

Also, do people forget how these seasons work?  Wasn't Sugar more of a hero than Candice?  Tina more of an AS than Amber?  I didn't realize you actually had to fit the title in order to make it through.  If that's the case, we would only need 2 weeks for this season since only about 4 people fit the 'game changers' title.  And I love Ciera as much as the next person, but voting her mom off is about the most overrated thing that has ever happened on this show.  Had she orchestrated some huge blindside against her mom, then I'd be impressed.  I don't know if I trust the editing, since the show seemed to speed by last night, but Ciera and Tony dug their own graves.  Plus, everyone practically said pre-show they wanted both of them gone.  And now everyone's shocked it happened?

All this negativity just makes me root for Hali more than I thought I already could.  Here's hoping she really sticks it to them.  And if she doesn't, it's not like she'll care.  She's not out to make a living being a reality TV show contestant and seek approval from the masses.

Yes, that's kinda annoying. I get why people are questioning Hali's inclusion, but it's not like she's the only questionable inclusion in this season. That's the problem with calling this season "Game Changers" - it's such a stretch that fans are automatically going to ascribe that show title to every single player and wonder why some of them even made the cut. They should have just made it a more generic term. Or, since it looks like there's close to an even split generation-wise, just call it GenX vs. Millenials Returnees or something.

Dalton Ross's jab is rich, considering when Probst introduced this season, he himself said "Oh it's just a name to call this season. It's just a hook. You can call it whatever you want, it's still the same game, etc."

Plus, Hali seems to have more Wentworth potential than any other previous UTR players. Especially SDT. When SDT was cast, some fans were immediately crowning her as the next possible Wentworth. *rolleyes*. I think Hali is much closer to potentially being a Wentworth than SDT.

And it's only the first episode. Even Wentworth herself didn't do much in the early episodes except for finding the idol. People only sat up and noticed her when she blindsided Savage 2 episodes into the merge.

Edited by slowpoked
  • Love 3

I think I can make sense out of those in the photo. Jenn and Hali are obviously tight. Francesca, Max and Peih-Gee I believe are also close (and Max also played with Hali and Jenn), Neal and Nick played pretty recently, and Christina (if that's who the woman in between Max and Nick is) seems to show up everywhere.

• Love 1

Someone told Eliza that Hali was watching the premire with the same group she does (except it's not, besides Francesca), and asked if she would watch with her when she got back to the US.  She's traveling abroad right now.  Anyway, Eliza just gave a simple 'no', but I feel like the tone is there.  I dared to peek at her twitter, and Hali being there really seems to be under skin.  

I do think this theme, and Jeff's presentation of it, is stupid, and really doesn't do anyone any favors.

• Love 2

Hali I believe is friends with Peih-Gee as well. I remember back in season 30 were there were pictures of Peih-Gee hanging out with Hali and Shirin  at one of their viewing parties as they all lived in the San Francisco area at the time.

On 3/9/2017 at 0:41 PM, LanceM said:

Eliza's game deteriorated over time, but her comments are so off base and so partial that I'm thinking that while she may like to play the game, she really is not a lover of the game.

6 hours ago, LanceM said:

"Don't get all the Hali hate...there has been plenty of time for people to complain about who was cast...now lets just see what they got...I could see her pulling a Wentworth....she is much more deserving than Caleb for instance... and she is actually pretty strong challenge wise..so seeing people use weak as a reason she should leave is just an excuse for basically saying they would prefer their favs stay around...which is fine..I"m a Ciera fan..but lets not act like Ciera is stronger physically or challenge wise than Hali..thats just a false narrative"

Anyway, she did get some nice press:

http://www.vcstar.com/story/entertainment/2017/03/08/ex-deputy-public-defender-returns-survivor/98913464/

""Going into the first game, we were all newbies, but this time there is a clear varsity team ... and I was on the JV team," Ford said with a laugh. "I knew I was going to have to scramble this season just to stay afloat. But I also came into this game in an advantageous position because I am not one who has a big target on their back."

Yes, it's funny that this "weak in challenge" untruth got traction at all. But them I remember the same argument being used against Parvati, of all people, in her second season: anyone who had seen her first season should have known she was no slouch in challenges!

I love Hali's interviews, she has a fun personality and is not blinded by any theme or current mojo. I like her confidence and her "realness" (and it's no wonder she's getting on well with Sandra, they have that in common; as does Courtney, so I think more than ever that there is more than game play in these pairings).

• Love 6
19 hours ago, enlightenedbum said:

Hm, public defender, surprisingly good in challenges, not a great player but invited back anyway in a subjective producer picked category, cute but slightly weird looking somehow...

I see why Eliza hates her.

17 hours ago, NutMeg said:

Eliza's game deteriorated over time, but her comments are so off base and so partial that I'm thinking that while she may like to play the game, she really is not a lover of the game.

You know, the more Eliza speaks, the less I like her.  Which is a shame, since I liked her so much in Micronesia (haven't seen Vanuatu).

• Love 5

To me, it feels like a competitive lawyer jealousy/snobbery on the part of Eliza (the elder Legal Aide lawyer) over Hali (the younger Public Defender lawyer).  Eliza comes across as a petty Mean Girl.

• Love 7

Maybe Eliza's jealous that she can't make rap videos about the constitution. 

This is the woman who got angry because Andrea voted out Francesca during FvsF2, and Fishbach voted out Monica during SC (all members of the Wine and Cheese clique she belongs to).  She also continually shoots down the men and misogynist behavior on this show, yet seems to be okay when it's one of the ladies getting trashed that she doesn't like. 

At least Sandra likes Hali:

@SandraDTwine What do you think about @hali_ford ?

@Zayn_MySun @hali_ford love her with all my heart

• Love 3