Type keyword(s) to search

S34: Hali Ford

Jabu
  • Start Topic

6 hours ago, LanceM said:

That whole scene at the reward when she solved the puzzle was great. One thing I didn't notice last night until someone mention it today was right after Jeff came over to confirm that they won, the tribe starts cheering and Hali puts her legs together and gives a salute. Cracks me up when I watch it. I also loved how happy she looked ( I wonder if she knows she is on the outs) and the way that Michaela picked her up and gave her a hug.  I think those two being on the outs might actually help them at least in the short term as I imagine the 2 opposing alliances will be gunning for each other and they will become the swing votes.

I LOVED seeing that. It was the cutest thing I had seen in a while. Fingers crossed those girls can work together and make a little run. 

• Love 5

Michaela also gave Hali a little push to go and get the immunity idol from Jeff on behalf of the tribe. I think Hali's whole tribe knew that her "meta" suggestion is what got them the win and if they don't (or if they forget), it looks like Michaela will tell them.

Hali (and Michaela, Aubry, and Troy) might all struggle if the players who started out on Nuku stick together. Of the seven players who have left the game so far, only JT started on Nuku. On the other hand sometimes players in the extreme minority can take advantage of cracks in the larger alliance. I also suspect that Brad Culpepper is fond of her (he gave her credit for doing a good job of defending herself at Tribal Council, Debbie's jealousy of "Princess Hali"), plus, he and Sierra have played more days with Hali than they have with Andrea, Sarah, or Ozzy. If the original Nukus do pick off the remaining original Manas, my guess is that Hali will be the last one to go.

• Love 9
17 hours ago, seltzer3 said:

I know this episode was totally dominated by Varner and Zeke.  But Hali got metamorphosis!  Impressive.

Yeah, she had it figured out, the tribe listened and they won.  And they all gave her mad props afterwards which was pretty cool. 

• Love 4

Princess Hali went out in a blaze of glory.  She is all sorts of awesome, and I believe is so much better at this game than she's ever been given the chance to show.  Too bad she wound up on two seasons of idiots.  I don't get why people don't like her out there, or why she was such a threat.  I'm glad she at least made the jury, so I can watch her on Ponderosa all season.

• Love 2

The thing that most impressed me tonight was that confessional she gave where she sadly talked about how nobody wanted to work with her and even though she knew Michaela was on the outs as well she still wanted to work with her because as she said she thought Michaela was a good person. She could have easily not told Michaela that her name was being thrown around and it probably would have been smarter game wise for her to do but I don't think she would have been true to herself had she done that.  I do think what hurt Hali the most playing this time around is the fact that with the exception of Sierra she didn't know any of these people and I am guessing unlike the others she did not pre-gaming at all. 

And on a completely shallow note she looked quite stunning sitting there in the jury box tonight.

Edited by LanceM
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, LanceM said:

The thing that most impressed me tonight was that confessional she gave where she sadly talked about how nobody wanted to work with her and even though she knew Michaela was on the outs as well she still wanted to work with her because as she said she thought Michaela was a good person. She could have easily not told Michaela that her name was being thrown around and it probably would have been smarter game wise for her to do but I don't think she would have been true to herself had she done that.  I do think what hurt Hali the most playing this time around is the fact that with the exception of Sierra she didn't know any of these people and I am guessing unlike the others she did not pre-gaming at all. 

It was really sad watching her tonight.  She seemed resigned to the fact that she was going, and sad that she didn't understand what she did wrong.  I got shades of Ciera from her at TC, where she was telling everyone to vote the threats out while they could.  I also agree that pre-gaming might have been her undoing (she might get into that more in interviews), but frankly, I like her more for that.  I know pre-gaming is inevitable with nothing to stop it in these seasons, but it's taking the fun out of it.  I like that she really just wanted to play a fresh game from scratch.  

And I also like how she didn't want to desert Michaela, either.

• Love 1

The real question is did she go to Cirie/Andrea etc and try to get herself attached to that group.  If not, she kind of sucks at the game, because it's an obvious move.  Sierra hated Michaela transparently, so try to get yourself on board the other alliance and work from there.

Edited by enlightenedbum
  • Love 3

Hali just can't catch a break.  Twice now, she's the first juror, and both times due to horrible gameplay from others!

I hope she gets a third chance, and next time with a cast of actual smart people.

• Love 2

The Ponderosa's aren't up on Youtube yet (if CBS posts them there at all) but they are on All Access.  To sum up Hali's: she weighed 118 lbs going in, and now weighs 115.6.  She thinks this vote was more strategic vs her last time being juror #1, which she thought was a fluke.  And she still doesn't understand why they targeted her, except that she wasn't going to just go along quietly as a number (then she gets cute and says maybe she's flattering herself too much).  She's looking on the bright side as having extra time to do side projects, hang with fun people, and vacation in Fiji.  She's voting for the mover and shaker in the game, so whoever gets her vote has to have had an impact on the game.  Typical no collar, she says she gave up two jobs to do Survivor, and Survivor was like giving the finger to job security.

Edited by LadyChatts
  • Love 2

I just watched it and the Ozzy one as well.  They actually showed the two of them going into town to get some food that Ozzy used to make dinner. I don't think they have shown players actually leaving Ponderosa in quite some time.  I am surprised she only lost 2 pounds I would have thought she lost more though I guess she must have ate a lot at the merge feast. Also, nice to see they had a guitar there for her to play. Hopefully one of her projects involves writing another song like last time.  The bonus clip this week is the naming of the tribe and the painting of the tribe flag which as it turns out Hali designed. She obviously gets her artistic talents from her mother whom Hali stated is a very talented artist.  I remeber back in season 30 someone posted  a link to her studio in Knoxville where her mother paints portraits of people including one of Hali herself.

• Love 2

I don't even remember the last time they showed them leaving Ponderosa.  I wish they would, from a few pics that have come out over the season of Ponderosa trips, they look like fun.  I'm still bummed we didn't get the music video the WA cast shot.  It was interesting that Ozzy lost so much more weight, when he's won more rewards and was catching fish.  I would have expected his weight loss to be more on par with Hali's, but I guess body type and activity might have been factors.  I love that Hali is taking advantage of her time and doing cool things with her time, like art projects.  I never knew that about her mom until now.  In the Ozzy video, she mentioned she isn't even dreading anyone being voted off and coming to Ponderosa like you usually do.  Her and Ozzy seemed kind of weird with each other, but I'm wondering if they've ever met before.  They were never on the same tribe together, and Hali doesn't seem overly connected in the Survivor community.

Edited by LadyChatts

Last I remember for sure was Nicaragua, lots of field trips in that one.  Maybe South Pacific?  I have a memory of Cochran on a zip line which might be a reward from the show or it might be from a Ponderosa trip.  (PS if they are denying me Ponderosa this season that is a cruel cut indeed.)

I like Hali speaking up for herself (how funny that Sierra thought she was so scary because she was "confident", she must have an idol etc) and going to Michaela.  But it just seemed like there was nothing for her to do.  It seems like everyone was too chicken to make an actual move (i.e. against an OriginalNuku) so it was a choice between non-moves (OriginalMana), and Cirie won.  Although I like so many OriginalMana players, it really seems to me to be one of the least successful tribes of all time.

• Love 1

I thought that there may be a slight chance of Hali actually being a bitter juror but it was nice to see her recover in Ponderosa. Seemed like she thought about how she would spend time there before she left. I really want to see her art project in person!

• Love 1
2 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

I am beyond pissed that they're only putting Ponderosa on CBS All Access. Such bullshit, CBS! If anyone finds an alternate way to watch it please pm me!

Echo echo.

5 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

I am beyond pissed that they're only putting Ponderosa on CBS All Access. Such bullshit, CBS! If anyone finds an alternate way to watch it please pm me!

If you search Hali ponderosa on youtube the second result is the right one.

• Love 1

Here's one of Hali's interviews.  I was most curious about her thoughts on Sierra:

http://cartermatt.com/250981/survivor-game-changers-hali-ford-interview/

Apparently Sierra is really great at reading you and your demeanor!

She didn’t know anything! That was just bizarre and [out of] left field.

Let’s talk about Sierra for a minute. Earlier this season I spoke with Caleb, and he said that he made an argument that you and Sierra were super-close because you guys have matching tattoos. What was your relationship with her pre-game? Was it just one of those things where you see each other here and there when your cast gets together?

Yeah, that’s pretty much it. We’re not friends at all. I like her and I respect her as a person. She’s kind of a badass! I think she’s awesome. We just don’t have that chemistry. Jenn and I from my season are still great friends and we really get along. With Sierra, the conversation just runs dry.

Edited by LadyChatts
1 hour ago, LadyChatts said:

Here's one of Hali's interviews.  I was most curious about her thoughts on Sierra:

http://cartermatt.com/250981/survivor-game-changers-hali-ford-interview/

Hali seems like a genuinely good person it's nice the way she tempers the conversation about Sierra so it doesn't come across like she's trashing her. I wish she'd gotten dealt a better hand in this game, but it looks like she's going to enjoy her Ponderosa time. 

• Love 3

When Hali spoke with RHAP she said she wanted to work with Sierra. She said they aren't great friends but hardly enemies. They just don't click but that it was Sierra who wanted nothing to do with her. She would work with anyone except her.  She said she really doesn't understand it. I think Sierra wore better with guys. She did last time and is doing it again. She has also pulled in Debbie, too. Hali and Sierra are just missing the friends with benefit gene in the game of Survivor. It would be funny if Sierra made the Finals and lost by one vote due to Hali. Payback is a bitch. LOL!!!

• Love 5
3 minutes ago, ByaNose said:

When Hali spoke with RHAP she said she wanted to work with Sierra. She said they aren't great friends but hardly enemies. They just don't click but that it was Sierra who wanted nothing to do with her. She would work with anyone except her.  She said she really doesn't understand it. I think Sierra wore better with guys. She did last time and is doing it again. She has also pulled in Debbie, too. Hali and Sierra are just missing the friends with benefit gene in the game of Survivor. It would be funny if Sierra made the Finals and lost by one vote due to Hali. Payback is a bitch. LOL!!!

That'd be sweet.  I also love how it proves Max Dawson wrong when he was saying they really were friends, but pretending they weren't for strategies sake.  In her pre-game interviews, Sierra openly said she works better with the guys.  Maybe she's intimidated by the women, and figures an a majority female jury might lean towards awarding someone like her the win over a couple of alpha males. 

So I just watched "Beyond the buff" which includes an interview with both Ozzy and Hali and Ozzy mentioned that his favorite moment with Hali at Ponderosa was watching her write the lyrics to her "Know your Rights" rap that she ended up making with Malcolm. He described her as running around like a wild stallion as she was coming up with the verses.  I wish they had shown this or maybe we will see it in an upcoming episode.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/other/survivor-beyond-the-buff-breaks-down-episode-3408-and-3409/vp-BBA68qq?pfr=1

Anyway, I liked this interview she did with Josh Wigler.

https://parade.com/564588/joshwigler/survivor-game-changers-hali-ford-exit-interview/

I love her honesty about her Survivor abilities:

Hali: I think some people are naturally adept at Survivor. It’s where they shine in life. Like, Sandra just kills at Survivor. She’s so good. She’s such good TV, she’s great socially, she’s good strategically. Cirie is the exact same. That’s not me. My strengths are elsewhere. I see Survivor as playing with my left hand. Pretty much all of that is honest. Do I think if I could get to the end, I could argue my way to the million dollars? Yeah, I think I could. I think I did an okay job surviving the first half. I think I navigated some tricky situations that wouldn’t have worked out if I was completely inept at Survivor. But that’s a fair assessment of me. I’m not an awesome bulldozer of a Survivor player. If I was a winner, I would me more like a Michele winner. And that’s no offense to her. I think she’s a good winner. It’s just that sweeter, softer kind of win.

Thus made me chuckle. I am sure the two must have interesting conversations to say the leeast.

Wigler: What’s next for you, Hali? When does your next music video drop?

Hali: I don’t have any in the works right now! (Laughs) I’m a public defender and it’s my dream job. I’m dating a prosecutor. It’s a nice little TV relationship. It’s really fun. I don’t know. I’m loving my life right now. I’m so incredibly blessed. But as soon as some hot topic comes around, I’m sure I’ll be out with a new rap. I’m also looking for anyone who wants to collaborate. Hit me up.

Edited by LanceM
  • Love 5

There are some bonus clips this week with the current jurors giving their thoughts so far.  Hali compares Aubry to a disco ball, because she's not a light and reflects everything you throw at her.  She asks who is Aubry, and what's behind all those mirrors Aubry is putting up.  She doesn't consider her a goat, and likes her as a strategic and social player.  Sarah was her #1 until tonight's vote, but she wasn't interested in her performance.  She's still voting for who does the most with the cards they are dealt, and is looking at the bottom feeders now.  

This is why I miss Hali.  Her and Michaela sitting at TC would be gold.

• Love 3
(edited)

This is new this season, right? I don't recall them ever doing this previously.  I wonder who her number one is at this point?  If I had to guess it is probably Andrea or maybe even Michalea both of whom she didn't mention in this clip but I know she likes.

Edited by LanceM

No, they haven't.  The only thing they've ever done is the jury speaks videos right before the FTC.  But I like it!  I hope they do it in future seasons.  

I don't know if she really has a number one now, just that she's looking for whose playing the best overall game, and making moves to get themselves to the end.  With Hali it appears to be a toss up.

Oh what a cool thing. I like this. Too bad they're keeping non-All Access members from viewing this stuff. Although I just remembered they sent me an email about getting a free month and I did it so I can actually watch these lol.

They did more of the jury comment videos this week.  I wish they had started these sooner in the season!  For the first vote, Hali was impressed with Brad and Troy for seeming to turn the tide and get Andrea out, who was definitely in control and running things.  Though she wondered if Cirie was the true master mind behind the vote, and wanted to take Andrea's place as queen bee.  No one expected Michaela to get booted at Ponderosa.  She said she's been blindsided at every vote.  Her picks right now are Sarah and Cirie, based on making moves.  

• Love 1

Are the extra videos not available on the All Access app or something? I can't find them on my Roku. Although I just checked the site and I can not for the life of me figure out where exactly all the extra vids are. The CBS site is so poorly put together.

I couldn't find them on the website through my laptop.  On the app, if I click on Survivor, there's 3 options right above where you stream the episodes (episodes, clips, photos).  They are under clips.  However, that's going through my phone.

• Love 1