Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E14: Borrow or Rob

• Start Topic

I think the show could improve if majority of every episode wasn't about the deciphering of a tattoo on Jane's body. Maybe the writers could take the show in a new direction instead of the same story line over and over again.

Yuck. I do not like Reade's new cocaine snorting girl. I don't like the path that they are taking this character- I would much rather him pine for Zapata. 

I liked this case. Rich.com cracks me up. I didn't like that the team split up and Jane, Nas and Roman were doing their own thing. I also loved Boston- maybe he can get out early and become a part of the team next season.

Borden is really scary now. I thought he was going to murder the tech guy. Who would have thought this is the same guy who was happy with Patterson and making her breakfast in bed. I miss that Borden- a lot.

Edited by twoods

I was annoyed when I saw Rich Dotcom in the promo last week but I ended up enjoying his presence this time, due to him finding (every) religion and actually being helpful (while still being a pain in the ass). I appreciated that they did something a little different with him, had him be (more or less) Team FBI and showed us his history as well. Plus, having him and Weller pretend to be together was absolutely worth it. Weller's such an uptight alpha male, so it was good to goof on him a bit. I enjoyed Boston as well, and he and Patterson were a surprisingly good duo. It was amusing to see Weller allow Rich to help him out of the car but when Boston did it for Patterson, she was like, nope! But they seem to have warmed up to each other, enough so that Boston knows her first name.

I liked seeing Jane and Roman (and Nas) following the Sandstorm trail while the others handled a tattoo. I didn't remember anything about Taylor Shaw's mother so I didn't know she was still alive for Roman to kill (and in broad daylight after an accident; no onlookers?). Jane was smart not to tell Weller but I bet Roman will let it slip when Weller doesn't seem angry with him. I wish it would remain a secret because there's nothing to be gained there, except for Weller hating Shepherd (and Roman) even more. Speaking of, I'm both glad and surprised that Shepherd blackmailing Weller didn't seem to amount to anything. Like, she acted like she had him under her control but she doesn't at all. She wanted to kill that guy anyway, so she accomplished something, I suppose.

They cut to Borden right after Nas said someone worked hard to erase information about whatever this Truman protocol is, so are they suggesting Borden was behind that? That tech guy who got in the car with Borden, I wonder what his motivation to work with Sandstorm is. He seemed like a passionate believer in the cause. (I also wonder why Sandstorm would tattoo something on Jane's body that led the FBI so close to one of their operatives.)

So Dr. Sun, the new therapist, was the one who voiced concerns about that mole Nas was close to? I wonder if we'll ever find out who it was. But does that mean Dr. Sun is more or less trustworthy? She gave me shady vibes but it would be too much if another psychologist was a mole. I'm surprised Patterson would even consider opening up to someone Nas recommended, after she'd eavesdropped on all of them.

Reade and Zapata continue to have ridiculous, disappointing plots. And Jane and Oliver seem to be doing very well, which makes me both happy and concerned, as being connected to Jane is a dangerous thing.

I always enjoy Weller butt-monkey episodes. When Rich DotCom was saying how there was only one FBI agent he could work with I was really hoping they would go there and they did! I was a little disappointed that Weller's having to pretend to be gay was limited to holding hands with Rich but I still thought it was hilarious. And Weller went along with the whole thing a little too willingly... Maybe that's why he's so wound up all the time. Feeling a little trapped, Weller? Like you're stuck... in a closet?

Weller and Jane had a great moment in this episode where they were talking about her going on a date and Weller was fully okay with it! Not only does this dovetail nicely with my theory above, it also advances Weller as a character and a human being! However, we have the seeds of angst in this episode with Roman being responsible for the cold-blooded murder of Taylor Shaw's mother. So he'll be right back to pissing and moaning over that whole situation soon enough I expect. And Jane, WTF? She insists on telling Weller herself and then completely neglects to do it! And she still won't tell Roman that she rather than Shepherd wiped his memory. Jane, your dudes are going to be righteously upset when they find out you lied to them!

Can we have a spinoff where Patterson gets all dressed up and goes on heists? And good to see that her medical problem consisted entirely of needing a dramatic moment to end the previous episode on.

So Reade was on the verge of making the right choice but decided he'd rather not pour all that valuable coke down the sink. Does the FBI not drug test its employees? Next we'll see him getting hauled into the office because of his drug test results and he'll tell them some shit like he just ate a bag of poppy seed bagels. And they'll be like "yeah, bagels smothered in cocaine!" Can't wait to see where this gripping plot goes. Wait, did I say gripping plot? I meant dripping plop.

1 hour ago, Johnny Dollar said:

How to fix this show:

• More hot Patterson
  • Less snorty Reade
  • More Richdotcom
  • Less stick-up-his-ass Weller
  • More smiling Jane
  • Less Nas
  • More important stuff for Zapata
  • Less Shepard and Sandstone
  • Roman?  Still unsure. 

More Rich...Weller will have something up his ass...

Are most members of the secret society gay? WTF How does the FBI use irradiated water to track people?? Satellite?? Does Jane have the Inverse Square Law tattoo? Rich would have to get a lethal dose for something orbiting the earth to find him...

I never liked Rich DotCom before, but I found him to be surprisingly very, very enjoyable this episode. Pairing him up with Weller was gold, and made both characters better! I also liked Boston a whole lot more. This was a good episode. Borden is showing sides to his character that I never, ever, suspected before. Jane is starting to keep too many secrets - it won't be pretty when it's all out. I enjoyed that Roman and Jane were out on a mission - more of that, please. Reade's personal storyline continues to go downhill.....

• Love 3

Rich: The Talmud states that whoever saves a life, it is considered as if they saved an entire world. Stopping this war will save thousands of lives, and therefore, thousands of worlds. That's quite enough for me.
Weller: O_o

Oh my God, college-aged Rich looked like a Backstreet Boy. I commend whoever came up with that idea. Rich's appearance this week was much more welcome than his previous appearance. He works really well off Weller, almost manages to make the guy interesting. 

I feel for Jane and Roman. Roman still has all these warm family-feelings for Shepherd but he's finding out what a monster she was and what a monster she raised him to be. His sister isn't giving him what he's looking for and everyone else thinks he's a psycho. Jane's just trying to save and protect her brother; now that means having to keep from Weller that her own brother murdered Taylor Shaw's mother. That's messed up. My poor murder babies.

Not surprised that they brought back Rich Dotcom, but I continue to find him amusing, especially how much he gets on Weller's nerves.  If anything, Weller pretending to be his "plus one" was probably the most likable he's ever been.  I did like that there wasn't a twist over Rich trying to escape, and he seem to just actually want to help.  Not bad, Dotcom!  Even if it ended with you getting shot... twice.

Boston's return was decent too, and the way he and Patterson hated on each other.

Meanwhile, the trio of Jane, Roman, and Naz zip around and check out all of Shepherd's past houses in hopes to dredge a memory.  Instead, Roman gets one from flowers in Jane's place, that have him remember that he killed Taylor Shaw's mother.  Naturally, Jane is keeping this from Weller and the rest.  I'm sure that will end well!

Reade and the cocaine plot is so damn stupid.  I'm almost missing Zapata's gambling addiction arc.

• Love 4

I always liked Rich Dotcom - he brings some seriously needed comic relief to the show. This was probably his best outing because (as others have already mentioned) he even managed to make Mr. Sourpuss himself likeable. The plot was a bit convoluted but if I got everything right then this time we even got some sort of explanation how Sandstorm got its hands on that particular tattoo information. I guess Riley told them about Munson's plan and they turned it into a tattoo riddle.

Nice trolling with Patterson's first name! Speaking of Patterson: I agree with Weller, okay persons don't just collapse.

Jane and Reade were given joint-custody of the stupid ball this episode. I'm sure Jane keeping secrets from Weller and Roman will end well. As for Reade (and to a certain extent Tasha) at this point I wish show would kill them off - it looks as if the writers have zero ideas what to do with them. Sure it sucks for the actors but getting stuck with pointless side-plots can't be much fun either.

• Love 1

I didn't care for Rich Dotcom in his earlier appearances, but I thought he was funny here.  The secret society was interesting.

I cannot for the life of me remember who Boston is.  I'm assuming we have seen him before, based on the reactions of everyone.  Can someone remind me where he previously appeared and what the context was?  I found it kind of funny that his name is "Boston Crab".

I liked Weller having to work with Rich and Patterson and Boston.

I have to say though, I'm not crazy about how they are using Jane at the minute. All she's getting to do is try and soothe Roman and keep secrets that are clearly going to come back and bite her.

At least she's faring better than Reade though (really don't see the point of this terrible drugs plot and I'm not sure I buy coke would be the drug of choice for a stressed FBI agent) and Tasha (no plot at all).

• Love 1

OK, this was just FUN. They need more characters who aren't TERRIBLY SERIOUS all the time and I loved Rich.Com messing with Stubbly throughout (like when Stubbly realised HE was going to have to play Rich's date). But for all my dislike of Stubbly, he really was willing to play along as a "bear" to Rich.com.

On ‎18‎/‎02‎/‎2017 at 1:19 AM, thuganomics85 said:

I did like that there wasn't a twist over Rich trying to escape, and he seem to just actually want to help.

I have to admit, I was expecting there to be a reveal that, while he WAS prepared to bring down Terrorist R Us, he was also going to try to escape. But he was doing it out of love (which I wasn't expecting), unless he's playing a really long game.

On ‎16‎/‎02‎/‎2017 at 6:05 AM, twoods said:

Borden is really scary now. I thought he was going to murder the tech guy. Who would have thought this is the same guy who was happy with Patterson and making her breakfast in bed. I miss that Borden- a lot.

It seemed a bit of a personality shift - it's previously been implied he was only reluctantly going along with all the killing in search of a higher purpose. Now he seems as sociopathic as the rest of Sandstorm.

On ‎16‎/‎02‎/‎2017 at 7:26 AM, dwmarch said:

Can we have a spinoff where Patterson gets all dressed up and goes on heists?

I bet Ashley Johnson loves these opportunities to get into her glad rags (and she looked hot, IMO).

• Love 1

First time posting for this show - I've only discovered Blindspot a few months ago and have been catching up ever since. I've enjoyed reading all of your posts about the show and theories, etc... I have to admit, whoever thought Patterson was the mole and explained why, you had me believe that she was! 

Onto this episode - I love me some Rich DotCom! The actor (which I know from "The Listener") has great comedic timing. He was such a teddy bear in The Listener, and when I saw him portraying a criminal, I didn't think it would work... But he makes it work very, very well. This appearance from DotCom is probably my favourite. Having him bring Weller as his +1 was just hilarious and awesome to watch.

Patterson and Boston made a great pair.  It was nice to see Patterson in a bit of a different setting.

Borden has become freaking scary real fast. 

I don't trust Nas. Not sure why. 

Memory wiped Roman bores me, for whatever reason. And why has Jane not told Weller about Roman's latest memory? I think her attachement to her brother is clouding her judgment. My theory is that she probably didn't want to tell Weller Roman killed Taylor Shaw's mother because she wants Roman to have what she has; freedom, acceptance and somewhat of a normal life. If she tells Weller, Roman will never get out of jail/FBI.

• Love 1

This show is so much more fun than the Blacklist. How come that one got 10+ seasons and a spinoff and this cancelled after 5 seasons? Sometimes I don't understand the world. I guess the Blacklist hast James Spader going for it, but that's literally it, nothing else.

Rich Dotcom is always a treat. Can't wait to see him again.

• Love 1