Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E10: Hostile Hacienda

• Start Topic

14 hours ago, motorcitymom65 said:

You could be right about LVP and Erika never getting to a friend place because of Yo. We will never know in the end. Maybe they will end up being friends. 

I still don't understand the mindset that there is some major beef between Erica and LVP. Erica has said multiple times that she and LVP are friends who are still getting to know each other. I know that it makes for high drama to have them be adversaries, but there is nothing to support that assumption.

It seems like production and certain recappers want them to be at odds, but there is nothing in the footage to show that to be the case. Aside from Erica's "sniper from the side" and "spinning a web" comments last year, which LVP laughed off and dismissed, there was no issue between them. 

The only issue this year seems to be some drama about the color pink. But for some reason, I keep seeing all of these posts about them not being friends. According to Erica, they are friends. And while I personally find her boring, there is no reason for me to think Erica is lying about that. I mean LVP would come right out and say they have issues by now if that was really what was going on.

It's as if everyone wants them to be mortal enemies when it is patently clear that they not only get each other but actually enjoy each other's company.

• Love 9
1 hour ago, MatildaMoody said:

I still don't understand the mindset that there is some major beef between Erica and LVP. Erica has said multiple times that she and LVP are friends who are still getting to know each other. I know that it makes for high drama to have them be adversaries, but there is nothing to support that assumption.

It seems like production and certain recappers want them to be at odds, but there is nothing in the footage to show that to be the case. Aside from Erica's "sniper from the side" and "spinning a web" comments last year, which LVP laughed off and dismissed, there was no issue between them. 

The only issue this year seems to be some drama about the color pink. But for some reason, I keep seeing all of these posts about them not being friends. According to Erica, they are friends. And while I personally find her boring, there is no reason for me to think Erica is lying about that. I mean LVP would come right out and say they have issues by now if that was really what was going on.

It's as if everyone wants them to be mortal enemies when it is patently clear that they not only get each other but actually enjoy each other's company.

At the Reunion, Erika said she believed Rinna over LVP.  So that is the basis of some of the speculation.  Her husband's comments for which he never apologized.  Erika' comments to Kathryn about Erika were pretty severe-especially coming from someone who had just met her.  She piled on LVP at the Reunion.

LVP doesn't laugh off and dismiss, she files it away.  Erika is also the genius that took the Mohamed story to Yolanda causing a months long silence between long time friends Mohamed and LVP.  It s not as if when a new season starts all hard feelings are put aside. 

I don't want them to be mortal enemies but there is a history, albeit short, that Erika will sign off with Eileen and Rinna in spite of evidence to the contrary.  Erika is just strategic.  In spite of being pro-Kim last year, and being exceptionally open and genuine to Kim this year, as soon as Rinna started her anti-Kim campaign, there was Erika making excuses for Rinna.  

I don't think LVP and Kyle have ever been anything but kind to Erika and they have pushed through this year with the same behavior.  Erika claims of friendship now, but where will she stand if being asked to choose between a Rinna and a LVP or at the Reunion? 

• Love 3
5 hours ago, AndySmith said:

Cocktail party attire is a bit more open to interpretation and less flexible than Great Gatsby party attire, since one is a bit more specific than the other. FWIW, I felt Rinna was a bit under-dressed and too casual at Dorit's party, unless my memory of what she wore was off, but thought Ericka was fine.

Then again, from what others told me, Rinna's look was fine for a cocktail party.

Obviously Dorit didn't subscribe to your opinion which does not make Dorit wrong.  Rinna was wearing a black outfit with cut outs.  I believe what the situation was is that Erika had a party the week before and look stunning, Dorit showed up in accordance with the dress code of the evening but when it came time for Dorit's party, Erika didn't put much effort or thought into her choice of outfits.  (Or maybe it was her style squad.)

• Love 3

as soon as Rinna started her anti-Kim campaign, there was Erika making excuses for Rinna.  

When did did she do that?

I don't think LVP and Kyle have ever been anything but kind to Erika

Kyle, yeah. LVP made a few passive aggressive comments here and there (like the one about the "crown" at the Gatsby party), but, that is LVP.

Obviously Dorit didn't subscribe to your opinion which does not make Dorit wrong

It needed to be pointed that obviously Dorit and I disagree? It any case, it doesn't necessarily make Dorit right either. If there isn't a specific dress code like there would be for a costume party, you should expect some leeway from your guests in terms of what will be worn. Dorit's party was specifically a Studio 54 party, Kyle's party was a Great Gatsby party, which means there are defined expectations of what you are expected to wear. A cocktail party, on the other hand, can be much more broad.

Edited by AndySmith
  • Love 4
8 hours ago, lunastartron said:

This seems contradictory to me. If Eden should have gone to Kyle directly because that's who the discourse involved - well, isn't that what Kathryn did? She informed Lisa about the content of the dialogue she had with Erika because Lisa was the subject of the discussion. 

I see absolutely no similarities in the two. Eden was almost stalking Kyle in her need to make sure, in her own words "she will know me". As others have pointed out Kyle was more patient with her than most others would be, yet she still make it clear on two occasions that she needed for Eden to back off. Even loony dim-witted Eden seemed to get that Kyle found her intrusive. So Kyle was wondering what the deal was with Eden, and Eden knew that she was wondering. Just seems normal to go to Kyle and explain what the deal was, and do it with a one-on-one encounter. Kathryn and Erika were new friends who had a nice lunch where they were discussing the others. Erika made a comment about LVP, who Kathryn doesn't know and has no relationship with, and Kathryn runs to LVP and betrays words that were said to her, and does it in front of a group of people. Not sure how the two things are in any way comparable. With the exception of part of my point - they both wanted to get in front of LVP with information that they had because they either think/know she has some power and wanted to make sure to get on her good side with some sort of a show of loyalty. 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, motorcitymom65 said:

I see absolutely no similarities in the two. Eden was almost stalking Kyle in her need to make sure, in her own words "she will know me". As others have pointed out Kyle was more patient with her than most others would be, yet she still make it clear on two occasions that she needed for Eden to back off. Even loony dim-witted Eden seemed to get that Kyle found her intrusive. So Kyle was wondering what the deal was with Eden, and Eden knew that she was wondering. Just seems normal to go to Kyle and explain what the deal was, and do it with a one-on-one encounter. Kathryn and Erika were new friends who had a nice lunch where they were discussing the others. Erika made a comment about LVP, who Kathryn doesn't know and has no relationship with, and Kathryn runs to LVP and betrays words that were said to her, and does it in front of a group of people. Not sure how the two things are in any way comparable. With the exception of part of my point - they both wanted to get in front of LVP with information that they had because they either think/know she has some power and wanted to make sure to get on her good side with some sort of a show of loyalty. 

Well Kathryn knew LVP every bit as well as Erika.  Kathryn did feel uncomfortable with Erika's revelations.  Kathryn and LVP had a dislike of Faye in common. They weren't discussing the others, Erika went for it with her opinion of LVP.  Kathryn said she liked LVP and Erika went the other direction, so maybe Erika needs to take responsibility for her unfiltered comments.

I would agree Eden was trying to make nice with LVP. Kathryn not so much.  I don't care for Eden, but I will say she makes these weird associations with anyone who knew her father.  She elevated LVP to the "friends of Vidal" status based on LVP's encounters with her parents.  One thing is clear, Eden went to LVP because she wanted to clear her name and not tarnish her father's name.  I am not making this up when Eden lost a poll to Dorit for RH you most like to see return, she posted #sorry dad.  That is just plain weird.

You do understand Kim and Kyle had made it pretty clear they wanted nothing to do with Eden.  According to Kim's tweets which are remarkably clear, Eden game over and in her beautiful gown, kneeled on the grass and spoke with Kim and Kyle.  Eden had her chance and out of some sort of bonding loyalty to Rinna, she pulled her punches.  Remorse, the following day because Rinna did not stand up for her and LVP telling her to back off.   I will say this for Eden after two curious interruptions at parties (one at Game Night and one at the BBQ) she did have the smarts not to screw up Kyle's big party.

Since this is all on camera what difference does it make?  If they were brave enough to say it on camera, they should not care how it gets back to the person the were speaking poorly about.  It might be refreshing if the perpetrator just once got out in front of it an went to the person and either or apologized for their comments.  Erika was literally screaming in Rinna's face to divulge who started the Munchausen comments about Yolanda.  So it is not as if she has clean hands or isn't contradictory. 

I believe Kyle is the one at the helm this year.  She is just letting LVP co-rule. ;-)

• Love 4
3 hours ago, AndySmith said:

When did did she do that?

Kyle, yeah. LVP made a few passive aggressive comments here and there (like the one about the "crown" at the Gatsby party), but, that is LVP.

It needed to be pointed that obviously Dorit and I disagree? It any case, it doesn't necessarily make Dorit right either. If there isn't a specific dress code like there would be for a costume party, you should expect some leeway from your guests in terms of what will be worn. Dorit's party was specifically a Studio 54 party, Kyle's party was a Great Gatsby party, which means there are defined expectations of what you are expected to wear. A cocktail party, on the other hand, can be much more broad.

At this point LVP needs to accept the fact there are women in this group that just don't care for her personality.  She is disinclined to change and even whining for entire season about LVP being dismissive is not really going to register. 

The dress code was stunning and it was Dorit's birthday party-same as Erika the week before.  It was mentioned in the episode-stunning and Erika is still arguing that because of who made the T-shirt it was acceptable.   Erika's look was more stunted than stunning.  It is just a respect thing.  If you wear a gorgeous gown to your party, )that wasn't anything like Studio 54) and your guest show up as you requested, would not the good guest thing to do be to reciprocate? Stunning to me, and apparently Dorit is more than that shitty looking T-Shirt dress.  It just makes it look like Dorit's party wasn't as deserving as Erika's.

Gigi Hadid wore the same dress to run errands, so there is a certain level of what the dress was designed for. 

I don't think Dorit should have said anything to Erika at her PK's birthday party and it seems to be the way these two operate towards one another.  Tit for tat. 

• Love 6

Erika has a nice set of double standards. I find her complaints about women to be sexist, and somewhat hypocritical since she engages in the same type of stuff she complains about. 

• Love 20

At this point LVP needs to accept the fact there are women in this group that just don't care for her personality.  She is disinclined to change and even whining for entire season about LVP being dismissive is not really going to register. 

I'm not sure what that has to do with someone throwing passive-aggressive barbs, and why that is considered being nice or whatever, but ok then...

The dress code was stunning and it was Dorit's birthday party-same as Erika the week before.  It was mentioned in the episode-stunning and Erika is still arguing that because of who made the T-shirt it was acceptable.   Erika's look was more stunted than stunning.  It is just a respect thing.

Sorry, but "stunning" is not a dress code, nor is it a theme. People have different definitions of stunning, and that can lend itself to different looks and styles for a cocktail party. Whereas having a Great Gatsby or Studio 54 party is a specific theme.

If you wear a gorgeous gown to your party, )that wasn't anything like Studio 54) and your guest show up as you requested, would not the good guest thing to do be to reciprocate? Stunning to me, and apparently Dorit is more than that shitty looking T-Shirt dress.

I'm not sure how that argument even makes sense. Basically what you are saying is that, if a guest didn't follow the guidelines to the specific theme you set for your party, so you need to reciprocate by...doing what, exactly? You and Dorit might think it is shitty, but that doesn't mean everyone has to agree with it. While it might not appeal to you or Dorit, millions of others can find it appealing. It might not fit in with your opinion of stunning, but again, stunning has wide range of definition and can apply to many situations.

Gigi Hadid wore the same dress to run errands, so there is a certain level of what the dress was designed for. 

Not really. "Famous wore a fancy dress to run errands!" doesn't discount what the dress was designed for (rich people running errands in high-end fashion is becoming more and more common, so that argument doesn't really hold up), unless you had a conversation with either Thierry Muegler or David Korma and they confirmed it for you.

• Love 4
37 minutes ago, AndySmith said:

I'm not sure what that has to do with someone throwing passive-aggressive barbs, and why that is considered being nice or whatever, but ok then...

Sorry, but "stunning" is not a dress code, nor is it a theme. People have different definitions of stunning, and that can lend itself to different looks and styles for a cocktail party. Whereas having a Great Gatsby or Studio 54 party is a specific theme.

I'm not sure how that argument even makes sense. Basically what you are saying is that, if a guest didn't follow the guidelines to the specific theme you set for your party, so you need to reciprocate by...doing what, exactly? You and Dorit might think it is shitty, but that doesn't mean everyone has to agree with it. While it might not appeal to you or Dorit, millions of others can find it appealing. It might not fit in with your opinion of stunning, but again, stunning has wide range of definition and can apply to many situations.

Not really. "Famous wore a fancy dress to run errands!" doesn't discount what the dress was designed for (rich people running errands in high-end fashion is becoming more and more common, so that argument doesn't really hold up), unless you had a conversation with either Thierry Muegler or David Korma and they confirmed it for you.

Reciprocate as I used it would mean you would dress as to how the host requested.  Dorit dressed as requested by Erika and Erika did not.  This isn't a tough concept.  T-Shirt dresses are casual, they are not stunning.  Had it been dressier maybe, solid colored and worn with fabulous jewelry.  This particular dress it is just a throw on wear to the pool, watch a kids' soccer game, run errands type of thing.  If Erika thinks it was a stunner then it says more about her taste than Dorit's. 

I think stunning means dressed up.  Stunning doesn't necessarily mean stunned-which apparently Erika was when she went with the stylists' suggestion.  Erika has been very critical of how the other women dress-see last year's Reunion.  She considers herself very fashionable this particular occasion not so much so.

Do you mean Thierry Mugler and David Koma?  I have no clue what they have to do with the conversation.  I believe Moschino-which has never been a dressy or cocktail dress brand.  I believe the show the dress Erika wore came from the show where the models were carrying cleaning supplies.  The good news-is the brand can be found at Target. 

ETA It is Moschino not Mossimo.  Same thing though casual clothes and accessories.

Edited by zoeysmom
  • Love 4

Dorit dressed as requested by Erika and Erika did not.  This isn't a tough concept.  T-Shirt dresses are casual, they are not stunning.

I guess we'll have to agree to disagree then on the T-shirt dress and what stunning is. To each their own.

Do you mean Thierry Mugler and David Koma?  I have no clue what they have to do with the conversation.  I believe Mossimo

My bad, I got the dresses mixed up. The dress from Dorit's party was Moschino, which, even better news, is a step up or three from Target. Dorit, at the very least, would know that.

24 minutes ago, AndySmith said:

I never said anything about nice.  I said it is LVP's personality.  It is okay to just not care for a person because of their personality.  LVP's attempts to explain her personality have not been widely accepted.  She is who she is. Erika and Dorit are prime examples-neither cares for the other's personality.  Doesn't mean everyone in the group has to take a side or try and make it nice. Just trying to stop making people someone they are not.  Kim doesn't like Rinna because she thinks she is phony, RInna just plain doesn't like Kim (unless of course she is telling her she loves her), which kind of validates Kim position she is phony.  Kim is not someone I would invest any energy in, because I find her unapologetic and mean. LVP is dismissive of others' feeling according to Eileen.  Eileen is probably not going to change that in LVP nor does LVP care. 

It is like when these women say they have no regrets-if that is so why do they apologize endlessly to one another or keep demanding apologies?   

• Love 4
1 hour ago, AndySmith said:

Was the dress code "stunning"? I missed that. What the fuck does that even mean? I would be without a clue. And who cares what someone wears to their stupid birthday party? To the point that you would remind them of it later? It says A LOT about Dorit. Personally, I didn't like what Erika wore, just because I didn't think it flattered her at all. It looked like a sack to me and I love her shape. But who cares? Someone came to my Christmas party this year wearing a hoodie. An old hoodie. She has been to my annual party every single year, so she knows that most folks dress up a bit (I make zero demands on my guests, this is just how most folks show up). Didn't bother me one single bit. She said she had been running errands and decided she wanted to be comfortable for the night. I was just happy she came to my home to celebrate the season. Geez, is this really a thing with some people? 

• Love 8

They have been there. One of the more recent ones was at the Gatsby party, where Ericka was complimenting LVP's headpiece, and LVP made a variation of her opening tagline for this season, ie, the crown is staying on me. Which, ffs, LVP, just take the compliment...I wouldn't say if Ericka sees LVP as a loyal friend, but she can get along with her in a social setting.

The only person I feel kowtowing to LVP is probably Rinna. I think Eileen moved on a while back and stopped caring.

I don't think Ericka has been underhanded with Kyle. I think the reason they are getting along quite well this season is, Ericka appreciates the lack of drama Kyle has had this season. And, they do somewhat bond over some of their similarities. They both had careers when  they were younger (though neither was a superstar), put their careers on the back burner when they got married, and are both now moving forward again with their careers at a later stage in their lives.

• Love 3
Just now, motorcitymom65 said:

Was the dress code "stunning"? I missed that. What the fuck does that even mean? I would be without a clue. And who cares what someone wears to their stupid birthday party? To the point that you would remind them of it later? It says A LOT about Dorit. Personally, I didn't like what Erika wore, just because I didn't think it flattered her at all. It looked like a sack to me and I love her shape. But who cares? Someone came to my Christmas party this year wearing a hoodie. An old hoodie. She has been to my annual party every single year, so she knows that most folks dress up a bit (I make zero demands on my guests, this is just how most folks show up). Didn't bother me one single bit. She said she had been running errands and decided she wanted to be comfortable for the night. I was just happy she came to my home to celebrate the season. Geez, is this really a thing with some people? 

Well when you here someone looked stunning on the red carpet-do you think they are wearing something nice or a beat up hoodie?  It is not that hard to figure out.  I don't think Dorit should have commented and one way to avoid the comment is not to engage in the behavior.  It is a respect thing.  I will say I expect more from Erika who brags about not having done her hair or make up in years.  It was the first time Dorit and PK had an opportunity to introduce the cast to their friends and their party.

Had Erika not commented on what a lousy hostess Bethenny was (and she is) and then made a big deal out of Kathryn's behavior at her house, it probably would not have resonated with me.  Don't talk about others' disrespect and then display the same behavior.  I am just hoping it never comes up again.

• Love 6
13 hours ago, lunastartron said:

But  I guess you DO cut off a person you barely know in a social setting with dismissive and/or low-on-listening-comprehension remarks like "you are an American! You're from Connecticut!" (when the person you barely know has made no assertions to the contrary) and "you've been forty for a week!"

Dorit was being incredibly disingenuous at the Malibu luncheon. The women were discussing how great it was that Erika was finding success at her age and Dorit, knowing full well how the music industry works and I'm sure understanding the meaning of the discussion, first insists that there isn't anything strange about Erika finding pop success at her age (what a crock of shit) and then went so far as to call Erika "a young girl." Was it technically "complimentary?" Kind of, on the surface. But it was, in a way, taking away from what there others were saying about the achievement of Erika's unlikely success. And it was also pure BS. This was proven when Dorit revealed her true feelings in a TH that Erika was doing a hobby and didn't have the star allure of Boy George. She was being all ass-kissy in person and then far less supportive behind her back. IMO, the "40 a week" comment came in response to Dorit repeatedly dragging the conversation down with her disingenuous nonsense.

• Love 6
3 minutes ago, AndySmith said:

They have been there. One of the more recent ones was at the Gatsby party, where Ericka was complimenting LVP's headpiece, and LVP made a variation of her opening tagline for this season, ie, the crown is staying on me. Which, ffs, LVP, just take the compliment...I wouldn't say if Ericka sees LVP as a loyal friend, but she can get along with her in a social setting.

The only person I feel kowtowing to LVP is probably Rinna. I think Eileen moved on a while back and stopped caring.

I don't think Ericka has been underhanded with Kyle. I think the reason they are getting along quite well this season is, Ericka appreciates the lack of drama Kyle has had this season. And, they do somewhat bond over some of their similarities. They both had careers when  they were younger (though neither was a superstar), put their careers on the back burner when they got married, and are both now moving forward again with their careers at a later stage in their lives.

There really isn't a crown.  I think even Erika is bright enough to catch the joke.

Obviously Rinna has smoked any kowtowing to LVP away last season.  She did quite the opposite and tried to run her off the show.

What career did Erika ever have when she was younger? She has two IMDB credits from her before RHBH. This is new to me-she was a cocktail waitress, who married a rich guy.  Kyle was a bona fide child actress and had several roles as an adult.  Little know fact about Kyle she was a lead in a sitcom during her teens.  She played a character named Lizzie. Kyle was on 106 episodes. What I saw that they had in common is that they both married and a child quite young.  In their late thirties-forties they both branched out into their own careers, I want them to be friendly because I never saw a reason for Erika to judge Kyle so harshly last year.  I think she saw weak in Kyle instead of Kyle's resolve to weed out what matters to her.  Seems Erika gets it now. I also liked that Erika has always been kindly to Kim.  She had no dog in the fight and has always been cordial and generally supportive of Kim's present situation.  Miracles happen because Kim is actually nice to Erika.  I believe that means a lot to Kyle.

• Love 5

Perhaps I've had my Sunday morning Bloody Caesar a wee bit too early (it is, after all, the day The Walking Dead lights up my sad little life again), but every time i see "stunning", all I can think of is GordonfuckingRamsay describing a dish.

• Love 5

There really isn't a crown.  I think even Erika is bright enough to catch the joke.

I don't think it was meant as a joke, but mileage varies.

Obviously Rinna has smoked any kowtowing to LVP away last season.  She did quite the opposite and tried to run her off the show.

I don't know why we have to keep rehashing stuff that happened last season. I'm talking about this season. I felt this season Lisa has been working overtime to get back into LVP's good graces, which is why I said she was kowtowing to her this season. If you want to keep rehashing stuff that happened in previous seasons, there is a previous seasons thread for that.

What career did Erika ever have when she was younger?

You missed the entire point I was trying to make, just to say that Ericka had a shitty career when she was younger, compared to Kyle? Not sure why it has to be competition, but fine, you win.

I didn't like what Erika wore, just because I didn't think it flattered her at all. It looked like a sack to me and I love her shape

She did say she had spent the last few days throwing up and that she had a stomach bug. That dress might have been comfortable for her more than anything else.

Edited by AndySmith
  • Love 1
2 minutes ago, AndySmith said:

I don't think it was meant as a joke, but mileage varies.

I don't know why we have to keep rehashing stuff that happened last season. I'm talking about this season. I felt this season Lisa has been working overtime to get back into LVP's good graces, which is why I said she was kowtowing to her this season. If you want to keep rehashing stuff that happened in previous seasons, there is a previous seasons thread for that.

You missed the entire point I was trying to make, just to say that Ericka had a shitty career when she was younger, compared to Kyle? Not sure why it has to be competition, but fine, you win.

I feel like much of this season's angst is predicated on Rinna's slaughter of LVP last season and yes the producers think it important as they keep showing flashbacks-all the way to Season 1.  There isn't a fresh cast every year and for the newbies they are pulled in by past actions and behaviors of the others.  I have seen Rinna apologize to LVP for being rough on her.  Nothing more.   To me, it is more like selective avoidance between the two.  I will never agree that after slamming someone into the ground, the slammer declares they have moved on and the other person needs to respect it. 

No I didn't miss your point.  I agreed after having children young and in their late thirties and forties they branched out and found careers.  There is just no comparison to Kyle's work  in television and film and Erika's.  I was trying to separate the wheat from the chaff.   Erika did not have a career in her childhood or teens.  Two performances one in 1996, and one 1997 -when she was in her twenties. 

• Love 6

There is just no comparison to Kyle's work  in television and film and Erika's.  I was trying to separate the wheat from the chaff.   Erika did not have a career in her childhood or teens.  Two performances one in 1996, and one 1997 -when she was in her twenties. 

The issue is why it was even needed to make that pointless comparison to begin with, which absolutely had no bearing on what I was talking about. That was her career, her job, the way to pay her bills, whatever. Not every choice of word needs to be argued to death.

• Love 4
8 hours ago, Granimal said:

Dorit is the queen of repetition. Keep trying to work in that "bag of pills" story. Or the T-shirt dress. Or repeat your Lucy joke. When all else fails, bring up Boy George. You're still boring. I won't even get into her undwerwear obsession. I'm not surprised Jagger has delayed speaking with Dorit- or PK for that matter. Smart guy. I'd keep it up for as long as I could, if I were him.

Also, judging by "does it make money?" metrics- her swimsuit line is probably a hobby. As is managing Boy George. Oh my.

EJ is coming for that crown. She IS big with the 20/30 set.

Dorit is not a name I'd pick for a swimwear brand.

$295 seems a bit high as an entry level for a unsexily branded "Dorit" 2 piece. 

Dorit looked quite different in those days, before she parked her domain name.

UPisYSZ.jpg

• Love 2
22 minutes ago, zoeysmom said:

I feel like much of this season's angst is predicated on Rinna's slaughter of LVP last season and yes the producers think it important as they keep showing flashbacks-all the way to Season 1.  There isn't a fresh cast every year and for the newbies they are pulled in by past actions and behaviors of the others.  I have seen Rinna apologize to LVP for being rough on her.  Nothing more.   To me, it is more like selective avoidance between the two.  I will never agree that after slamming someone into the ground, the slammer declares they have moved on and the other person needs to respect it. 

No I didn't miss your point.  I agreed after having children young and in their late thirties and forties they branched out and found careers.  There is just no comparison to Kyle's work  in television and film and Erika's.  I was trying to separate the wheat from the chaff.   Erika did not have a career in her childhood or teens.  Two performances one in 1996, and one 1997 -when she was in her twenties. 

I do agree that things tend to flow from one season to the next and it can be hard to seperate it all out.

I also think that with regard to moving on, Lisar and LVP have done a good job of that up until this point. It's not just about the fact that Lisar apologized, it's that she doesn't keep revisiting everything all the time. She was a very good sport about the whole "puppet" deal at Kyle's party, and I've seen her be nothing but nice to LVP for the entire season. I am not sure what else might be expected of her. They are going to be wary of each other. No matter what side of things people came down on or who they believed, the result is that both Lisa's feel like the other person did them wrong and getting back any real trust between either of them will be hard. And then of course you have the most recent events.  Andy said on WWHL that he didn't ever remember seeing LVP as happy as she was to learn that Lisar had been talking about Kyle and Kim.  She is for damn sure not over what happened last year and will no doubt anxiously await the opportunity to make Lisar pay in whatever way is possible. 

• Love 7
48 minutes ago, PhilMarlowe2 said:

Dorit was being incredibly disingenuous at the Malibu luncheon. The women were discussing how great it was that Erika was finding success at her age and Dorit, knowing full well how the music industry works and I'm sure understanding the meaning of the discussion, first insists that there isn't anything strange about Erika finding pop success at her age (what a crock of shit) and then went so far as to call Erika "a young girl." Was it technically "complimentary?" Kind of, on the surface. But it was, in a way, taking away from what there others were saying about the achievement of Erika's unlikely success. And it was also pure BS. This was proven when Dorit revealed her true feelings in a TH that Erika was doing a hobby and didn't have the star allure of Boy George. She was being all ass-kissy in person and then far less supportive behind her back. IMO, the "40 a week" comment came in response to Dorit repeatedly dragging the conversation down with her disingenuous nonsense.

I do think Dorit was being a little too cutesy with her questions.  I also think some of the fault lies with these women talking about Erika Jayne having NINE number one singles.  So I looked up the top artists and their #1s https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_artists_by_number_of_Billboard_Hot_100_number-one_singles  I guess they forgot Erika Jayne.  Dorit sitting there has to be confused because Boy George, who I do believe has had a career more successful than Erika Jayne has only had only one number one hit, but many that didn't reach  number one. 

As far as age, I do believe Dorit was trying to toss the age thing out because Boy George is 55 years old.  I don't think it was malicious but the young girl thing was ludicrous. 

I just think when Dorit, much like the undersigned looked up #1 hits it took on a new meaning.   It is a hobby for Erika Jaye when you compare expenses to earnings.  Obviously, Boy George's career produces more cash. 

• Love 7
1 minute ago, PhilMarlowe2 said:

You give Dorit far more of the benefit of the doubt than I do. I think she was just being phony. And coming off the heels of Pantygate where she was also phony ("Let me give you this hilarious gift and pretend I am joking around when in reality I am kind of slut shaming you!"), I think Erika was probably annoyed. I was certainly annoyed watching it. And I don't even dislike Dorit anymore. But I do think she had a terrible opening stretch.

I am with you-and I also think Dorit was trying to recover and it was way too obvious.  We all know Erika doesn't respond well to British humor (as these folks describe it). I do think they ended on a good note with they were over until Eileen had to bring it up again and again.  I would really like to see Boy George and Erika having a bit of fun.  Just a terribly lost opportunity for Erika Jayne.  Erika seems honestly and sincerely enamored with Boy George. 

• Love 4
23 minutes ago, Kokapetl said:

Lisa had Mohamed. Camille had her tennis pro. Taylor had her psychiatrist. Kim had Pumice. 

It's irrelevant until we see party after party of gyrating gay "friends" anyway. The lack of genuine friends is the most damning part of Erika's lifestyle. 

A psychiatrist is not a friend. "Pumice" was Kim's boyfriend, not a friend. Mohamed is friend to both Ken and Lisa, and I am quite sure Tom and Erika have straight male friends as a couple (in fact, we saw them pal around with the LA police chief at lunch). The tennis pro is the man I mentioned - Nick, the family friend Kelsey appointed to look after Camille - and Camille got a lot of criticism for her friendship with him. We have not seen "party after party" of gay friends gyrating away. There was the one barbecue. And, yes, there were gay men at the Studio 54 party in addition to other types of people as well. Personally, I don't think there is anything "damning" about Erika's lifestyle.

Edited by PhilMarlowe2
  • Love 7
1 minute ago, PhilMarlowe2 said:

We've never seen Kyle have a straight male friend, and she threw that "tops and bottoms" gay mixer in Season 5, so is she also under command not to talk to straight men?

Yes, and probably a whore to boot. I'm almost sure that Mauricio has bought her a trinket or two.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, walnutqueen said:

Hon, you can have plenty of pretty trinkets without sucking saggy old man balls (or sucking up to little old ladies, for that matter).  Cat food,  Vet bills. Cigarettes (Virginia Slims 120s are my crack). Housecleaning. Plumbing. Electical. Yard cleanup.  The list is fuckin' endless  ... My point is, nobody gets away for free.  Some choose to sell their souls, or their dignity, but we all have to work for it, one way or another.

Hahhahahaaa--oh, I know it. But it hasn't come to that; for all the complaints I have about my job, somehow the paycheck is luckily (magically?) not one of them. All I know is that all this talk of whorin' for trinkets is reminding me of Les Mis for whatever reason! (Also, as the one who does the dusting in this place, I hereby declare I already have too many damn trinkets!)

Who the hell is this Pumice character?

Edited by TattleTeeny
  • Love 3
9 hours ago, zoeysmom said:

I don't think LVP and Kyle have ever been anything but kind to Erika and they have pushed through this year with the same behavior.  Erika claims of friendship now, but where will she stand if being asked to choose between a Rinna and a LVP or at the Reunion? 

It will be interesting to see how Erika reacts to what looks to be the coming smackdown of Rinna by Kyle.  That will say a lot I think.

Erika needs LVP and Kyle a hell of a lot more than they need her which is not at all.  I think that accounts for Erika's friendlier tone and lack of insults toward LVP this season.  LVP is a well established favorite with 1.37 million Twitter followers.  Erika's still a newbie with Twitter followers of 160K.  And Erika's not driving any ratings boost either as ratings have been on the decline the past couple of seasons.  The jury's still out on Erika as far as this juror is concerned.

• Love 7

Kim and Pumice had that boat/bridge sculpture, and they missed the marlin fishing boat in Hawaii. And their alarm didn't go off, and Pumice had to work and Kim lost her passport. And packing and unpacking. 

They met when they both reached for the same chicken in a grocery store.

Edited by Kokapetl
  • Love 1

Oooohhhh! The one who barked, "WE DON'T CARE!" at the dinner when they were scolded for being missing/late?! I don't know why that "we don't care" was so funny to me at the time but it was.

They met when they both reached for the same chicken in a grocery store.

Maybe they left the store together and went home to make sweet, romantic...

hand-mixed chicken salad.

• Love 5
1 minute ago, TattleTeeny said:

Oooohhhh! The one who barked, "WE DON'T CARE!" at the dinner when they were scolded for being missing/late?! I don't know why that "we don't care" was so funny to me at the time but it was.

Maybe they left the store together and went home to make sweet, romantic...

hand-mixed chicken salad.

Oh, that was good.  

• Love 1
7 hours ago, zoeysmom said:

Reciprocate as I used it would mean you would dress as to how the host requested.  Dorit dressed as requested by Erika and Erika did not.  This isn't a tough concept.  T-Shirt dresses are casual, they are not stunning.  Had it been dressier maybe, solid colored and worn with fabulous jewelry.  This particular dress it is just a throw on wear to the pool, watch a kids' soccer game, run errands type of thing.  If Erika thinks it was a stunner then it says more about her taste than Dorit's. 

I think this is the problem - Ericka thinks it is stunning BECAUSE it is a designer dress.  I agree with Dorit that it was not, but it was rude of her to mention at her second party.  As far as the other comments between Dorit and Ericka, I didn't sense a lot of bitchiness or ill-will, even if that was what was taken from them.  Dorit was just stating a fact when she said that Ericka Jayne was a hobby.  The "you're from Connecticut" remark was in response to Dorit beginning a statement with something along the lines of "Americans are so . . .", and I felt Ericka was just giving her a tease in response.  And the same with "You've been 40 for a week!"  Both of those are things I could hear myself saying to someone (I have actually used line #1 with a friend of mine who lived abroad for a couple of years when she gets going ;). Of course I do tend to offend the more delicate doilies in my circle when I think I'm just kidding around.  I have to be especially careful with one at book club every month, which is good because it keeps me from drinking too much wine and getting a little TOO hilarious :)

11 hours ago, motorcitymom65 said:

I remember that my opinion last year was that Kathryn was a little too quick to just offer up Ericka's comments to LVP for no reason, and IMO she was just trying to get in good with the queen bee (perhaps trying to beat the other new girl to it by throwing her under the bus.). Whereas with Eden I think she had somehow finally gotten a clue that Kim and Kyle had had it with her, so she was looking for LVP to intervene and help her.

5 hours ago, TattleTeeny said:

I really don't see "shame" when I watch Erika.

Me neither!

5 hours ago, motorcitymom65 said:

I do agree that things tend to flow from one season to the next and it can be hard to seperate it all out.

I also think that with regard to moving on, Lisar and LVP have done a good job of that up until this point. It's not just about the fact that Lisar apologized, it's that she doesn't keep revisiting everything all the time. She was a very good sport about the whole "puppet" deal at Kyle's party, and I've seen her be nothing but nice to LVP for the entire season. I am not sure what else might be expected of her. They are going to be wary of each other. No matter what side of things people came down on or who they believed, the result is that both Lisa's feel like the other person did them wrong and getting back any real trust between either of them will be hard. And then of course you have the most recent events.  Andy said on WWHL that he didn't ever remember seeing LVP as happy as she was to learn that Lisar had been talking about Kyle and Kim.  She is for damn sure not over what happened last year and will no doubt anxiously await the opportunity to make Lisar pay in whatever way is possible. 

If there's one thing Rinna has done right, it's how she has handled LVP this season!  LVP makes a dig just about every time they're together, and Rinna throws a laughing remark back in her face without acting offended, forcing LVP to smile and act like she's joking too. That's how I wish so many more RH conversations would go, rather than everything having to be "discussed" or become a "thing".  Whenever Rinna does that I think of her as the winner in their exchange.

Edited by princelina
  • Love 4
13 minutes ago, Almost 3000 said:

I think "chicken, chicken, chicken" grocery store guy and "gay mastiff" Hawaii baggy of pills guy are two different men.

Didn't the "chicken, chicken, that's my chicken" guy show up at her house when her kids were over and she pretended that one of the grandkids was her baby? She invited him over for the barbecuing of the chicken? 

I thought she met the bull mastiff at the mailbox or walking the dog or something.

Edited by SweetieDarling
  • Love 7
On 2/10/2017 at 4:24 AM, motorcitymom65 said:

Someone asked about River on Twitter. Kyle said River isn't thrilled with the cameras and the crew and usually goes into another room when they are filming. 

Smart dogs. lol

The whole thing with these women getting their daughters into modeling. Trying to live through them, pimping them out early to find rich husbands, or exploiting them so they can take payments for services when going to Dubai.  Like many that have gone before.   

Edited by This2getsold
  • Love 3
5 minutes ago, SweetieDarling said:

"chicken, chicken, that's my chicken"

That season this kept getting stuck in my head because Bravo repeated it so many times as part of their "wacky" Kim storyline. That's when I really started to find Kim annoying before it turned to outright dislike.

• Love 1
On 2/7/2017 at 9:52 PM, AttackTurtle said:

My son didn't have much of a vocabulary at Jagger's age and even today is extremely shy at six years old. I truly feel for Dorit because as much of a space cadet as she is, she's being open about her son's development delays and I speak from experience....it sucks.  

I can speak from experience, too. It's a heartbreak, it stinks, and it hurts when people are judgmental about it. It's so hard to hear "your child should be doing this or that" or "your child can't do this or that." Of course, when therapists tell you these things, they are not being judgmental, just stating the facts, but it doesn't hurt any less.

• Love 6
6 hours ago, TattleTeeny said:

Women are whores for getting married? That makes even less sense than the antiquated notion that we're whores for fraternizing with the menfolk to whom we're not married. Blech, gross.

I must have missed the episode about her contract to "never socialize with straight men." But even if there an actual contract for anything of the kind, it would be her choice. Big damn deal. 

I really don't see "shame" when I watch Erika.

YAWN.

6 hours ago, Kokapetl said:

Well it's implicit. If there were an episode where Old Man Girardi told her not to socialize with straight men, it would be explicit

Shes a whore for her weird booty of hockable trinkets. 

I'll be explicit. I think she married the old man for his money. 

Your comments are so right on.

• Love 1
On 2/7/2017 at 9:07 PM, KikiBda said:

Finally got an account, I read every week!  Hello all!

• Rinna is a nut, she will lie but thankfully they can address things after viewing the show on blogs and reunion.
  • What the heck with Erika saying 'you don't know what I deal with every night!' While crying ?
  • Is the show not on next week?

It's scheduled for the next several weeks. I had to check when they started with the "upcoming in the next episodes" bit, because I was sure it meant yet another hiatus, but, no, they'll be back!

I've been wondering what's up with Erika's quote ever since the first time I saw it at the beginning of the season. One thing's for sure, when PK pointed at her and said she was "cold on purpose" or words to that effect, that was not the same scene as the one where she is crying. The clothing and people's positions are all different. Another red herring!

• Love 3

Erika thinks, and has said, that just because there is a 'designer' label in the back, it's appropriate and 'cool'.  Yeah, no.  And it says a lot about Erika.  The dress she wore to Dorit's first party was a prime example of someone who is willing to overpay,  well overpay, for a designer label.  I've stated this before:  Dorit was over the line when she made the comment to Erika about the dress at PK's birthday party.  That says a lot about her as well.

• Love 8
7 hours ago, breezy424 said:

Erika thinks, and has said, that just because there is a 'designer' label in the back, it's appropriate and 'cool'.  Yeah, no.  And it says a lot about Erika.  The dress she wore to Dorit's first party was a prime example of someone who is willing to overpay,  well overpay, for a designer label.  I've stated this before:  Dorit was over the line when she made the comment to Erika about the dress at PK's birthday party.  That says a lot about her as well.

Last night at the Grammys Ross Matthews mentioned Heidi Klum's T-Shirt dress, quite the dress and quite the body: 

heidi-827d8388-e1cf-44c4-8d10-2e1231270e

• Love 2

Oh brother Rinna:  http://www.allabouttrh.com/2017/02/13/lisa-rinna-dishes-lying-kyle-richards-conversations-eden-sassoon/

Game Night was in August and NYFW was in early September.  Rinna and her lying mouth.  If you are going to spin at least make it believable. She was talking about Kim to Camille during NYFW.  Rinna did the same thing to Kyle, after giving her permission to tell Kim, what Brandi had said about her-she clams up and claims she no longer wants to talk about it. 

Rinna is circling the bowl when it comes to accountability and credibility.  She knows damn well what she said, and why she said it.  It is not Eden;s fault for telling LVP, it is not LVP's fault for telling Kyle, it rest on Rinna's shoulders to admit what she said, without qualification.  Not cute to keep posting a zippered mouth emoji.  Grow up.

• Love 9
22 hours ago, zoeysmom said:

Do you mean Thierry Mugler and David Koma?  I have no clue what they have to do with the conversation.  I believe Moschino-which has never been a dressy or cocktail dress brand.  I believe the show the dress Erika wore came from the show where the models were carrying cleaning supplies.  The good news-is the brand can be found at Target. 

ETA It is Moschino not Mossimo.  Same thing though casual clothes and accessories.

Actually you weren't really wrong ;) Mossimo is there regularly, but Moschino and Missoni had limited-run collections at Target. Marvelous! ;)

• Love 3