Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E31: P.S. I Love You Part 1 / S05.E32: P.S. I Love You Part 2

• Start Topic

15 hours ago, SoupThrower said:

hen worst of all...she gives a shitty present to Jim and Cindy who have done a lot for her.

How is Kelly even welcome in the Walsh house after what she did to Brenda?

My parents have their faults, but they would definitely have my back in that situation.

• Love 4
9 hours ago, Jaclyn88 said:

I feel like Kelly's face is the most stank face i've ever seen. Even though she thought kevin and suzanne were scammers, she was so nasty to erica. Fast forward to a scene where brenda was with erica and she was so sweet to her. Then kelly meets ray and automatically doesn't like him for no reason. She is always just being nasty to everyone. How all these guys want her and the girls want to be friends with her is beyond me.

This! I'm halfway through rewatching season 6 and she is such a sanctimonious bitch every damn episode, even before she becomes a coke head.

• Love 2
9 hours ago, bethster2000 said:

How is Kelly even welcome in the Walsh house after what she did to Brenda?

My parents have their faults, but they would definitely have my back in that situation.

My guess is that Brenda told Brandon not to tell Jim and Cindy. Because that makes no sense if they knew and were nice to her. 

• Love 3

Brenda and Kelly technically made up after what happened, so I think it would be really inappropriate for Jim and Cindy to forbid their kids' friend from their house out of loyalty over teenager drama. Same reason they still welcomed Dylan. Man, if my parents banned every friend of mine who betrayed me and whom I then had a back-and-forth friendship with in high school my doorbell never would have rung!

• LOL 1
  • Love 4

I could never get on board with Matt because he is a horrible attorney (and I play an attorney in real life).  He makes so many bad career and case decisions based on Kelly's sanctimony... and don't get me started on the misappropriation of client funds to buy her an engagement ring.  When he whines about being suspended for 30 days, I want to kick him in the teeth.  Attorneys who willfully misappropriate client money for personal benefit like buying an engagement ring (and sometimes those who just really screw up their accounting) get disbarred.  I know I shouldn't expect anything resembling real life on this show, but I just could not suspend my belief long enough to take Matt seriously at all.  

• Love 3

Not really sure why kelly dated a lawyer if every case he did was not "moral". The guy is a freakin defense attorney, but couldn't defend anyone because kelly was always bitching about him taking on cases because she believes in something different than what he is defending. I would have loved matt to just say.. kelly stfu already this is my career. I know yours consists of folding shirts but mine doesn't so hop off. They really did her character a disservice by making her impossible to be around.

Brandon was the same exact way as her with the newspaper. His job was supposed to be journalism, yet everything that steve or someone else wanted to put in the paper was too "immoral". That's why I liked steve. He gave 0 fucks and was a normal human being.

• Love 4

Jim and Cindy were nice to everyone no matter what they did to their kids. I'm not saying they should stoop down to a teenagers level, but they welcomed kelly and dylan into their home with open arms after they were assholes to their kids. Dylan continuously was nasty to Jim for no reason, yet there he was the next night at the dinner table.

2 hours ago, gesundheit said:

Brenda and Kelly technically made up after what happened, so I think it would be really inappropriate for Jim and Cindy to forbid their kids' friend from their house out of loyalty over teenager drama. Same reason they still welcomed Dylan.

I agree with this re: Jim and Cindy. HOWEVER, Brandon never once calling out Dylan and Kelly for treating his TWIN SISTER like shit is all kinds of not normal. My brother would have given them both verbal thrashings. He was just all, "well, I'm not sure what to do when Kelly asks about you at the Pit." Um, You're her BROTHER dickface, you should have your again TWIN SISTER's back.

But back to the ep, I agree Tori's acting was surprisingly on point. But Oh Lord in heaven, the styling on her ... it's just so, so, so hideous and does Tori Spelling no favours. I get she's skinny and can "wear anything",  but between the crator Boob job and the wonky nose and the plastic helmut hair, it's like they're trying to make a plain girl just plain ugly.

Also agree about Brandon. For once he had the right to be pissed off. Of course he acts like a homophobic and sexist pig, but barring those comments, he really did need to tell Kelly to go pound sand. Oh, and I hate to side a teeny tiny bit with Kelly, but no way Brandon would have proposed if Dylan hadn't offered her a trip around the world. So in a way, it was a contest between them with Kelly as the "prize" and that's bullshit. The second Dylan offered her the trip, she should have been either (1) "look, asshole, you know I'm with Brandon now, so no, I CAN'T go around the world with you" or (2) Brandon's lousy in bed, lemme dump him right quick so I can go with you. But instead she chose to mack on Dylan and string Brandon along because it was so "complicated."  And instead of buying a fucking engagement ring, Brandon should've been like, make up your mind and y'know, discussed it with his girlfriend instead of marching his short self over to Dylan's. But whatever, they're all awful so blech. 

I find Luann weirdly articulate at times for someone who is supposed to be portrayed as this completely low class drunk - "People close to one another are bound to have disagreements." "Whatever you do, please be discreet." It's weird. It's not only her accent that varies (is she southern? Okie? what?!) but her tone is sometimes more Emily Gilmore than working class heroine. Not saying that poor people can't be well spoken but her lines often don't jibe with what we know about her.

I always thought Dylan was as dumb as a pound of rocks to call the freakin' FBI in the home of a mobster. Also, you're rich, why are you taking the bus? Rent a car? UGH, this show. No one takes the bus for "fun." diot. Oh, and I think we never see Charlie again, right? (Not saying I'm sad about that).

That GIF of Man!Donna! is everything. Though I can't argue with Val being season MVP, I feel like Man!Donna! should get an honourable mention.

• Love 4

I find Luann weirdly articulate at times for someone who is supposed to be portrayed as this completely low class drunk - "People close to one another are bound to have disagreements." "Whatever you do, please be discreet." It's weird. It's not only her accent that varies (is she southern? Okie? what?!) but her tone is sometimes more Emily Gilmore than working class heroine. Not saying that poor people can't be well spoken but her lines often don't jibe with what we know about her.

I would say it's more that Luann sometimes offers good advice, than her being well spoken. 

I also kind of feel like Jim and Cindy would never have agreed to sell their house without first assuring that Brandon and Valerie had a place to stay.  It seems kind of crazy that they are essentially giving the kids two weeks to pack up the house, find a new place and move out. 

• Love 2
8 hours ago, Jaclyn88 said:

Jim and Cindy were nice to everyone no matter what they did to their kids. I'm not saying they should stoop down to a teenagers level, but they welcomed kelly and dylan into their home with open arms after they were assholes to their kids. Dylan continuously was nasty to Jim for no reason, yet there he was the next night at the dinner table.

I always liked Jim & Cindy. They were good parents. IMHO, it was mistake to write them off the show & move them to Hong Kong.

The weird thing about it being so laughable when Ray pushes "Donna" down the stairs is that, when this episode originally aired, wasn't it back-to-back with the Melrose Place finale where Jake's brother (played by Dan Cortese) is horrifyingly abusive to Jo? The MP story line was done so much better, partially because, as I recall, instead of showing the abuse, the shot was just of a closed door but we could still hear the yelling. I still don't understand how they did such a bad job on the 90210 plot when they clearly knew how to make it affecting, as they did on MP.

• Love 2

ITA swimmyfish - I remember watching MP in real time (as I was also a broke GenXer  living in LA so totes my demographic!) and being legit horrified by that scene but I also remember watching the 90210 scene and just ... laughing. It makes me laugh everytime because it's so damn ridiculous and obvious. So strange that they couldn't have done better. Sometimes I wonder if the producers really resented Tori Spelling (see, having to write her as the virginal Saint to please the Old man, avoiding storylines that would upset the Old Man (she should've totally boned D'Shawn, etc.) and as a result they did all these passive aggressive things just to troll her and Papa Spelling. Like hiring a guy with a beard in a bad wig to act as her stunt double. Just Sayin'

• Love 2

I do like drunk Brandon.  I don't get why no one in The Gang can drink like a normal college kid.  I mean, yes, I binge drank but it seems that either you have folks like Dylan who get drunk off of one airplane bottle or Kelly who is wasted off of the vodka watermelon or you have folks who never drink but do hard drugs!

I think the parents could have added a lot to the mix.  Sadly, they all seem like dopes who can't even make it to major life events. 

• Love 2

First of all, 31 episodes per season. Yikes! Second, how are the Walshes selling a home they were leasing? At least according to the end of season 1(ish) where they were going back to Minnesota and then changed their mind at the last minute. (Remember, the company was leasing the house, so they had no ties?) It's sad that I remember more about this stupid show I didn't even watch than the people who wrote it.

• Love 3