Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E07: A Hard 7 at Best

Timber Creek Lodge is, once again, double booked – this time with international models and Hawaiian hotties. Jamie struggles to make it through the last guests, as things quickly begin to unravel.  Mark and Jenna face their biggest challenge after a guest shows Mark special attention and more. Emotions run high and professional lines are blurred as Blake’s snowboarding Instagram posts get him into hot water and Colston finds he may have bitten off more than he can chew.

I missed last week's episode because of the telecast change so I don't know everything about Mark's 'assault'.  It did seem Jamie was handling it as best he could as manager of the staff but accommodating the guests.

Jenna needs to pick a lane.

These last groups are ridiculously boring.  Hey you want to be on a TV show?  OK.  And anything that may be interesting about them ends there.  Notice I say 'may' because apparently there's not.

Joey Gibbons' ego wants a show.  2.0 isn't working either.  Do you think there will a 3.0 next season?  I think it's done unless Joey basically pays Bravo to air anything he produces.

• Love 3
9 hours ago, biakbiak said:

I don't know that I have ever seen the combo man bun and braids before!

For the first several minutes I wondered why the bro-mance group brought a woman along.

9 hours ago, breezy424 said:

Hey you want to be on a TV show?  OK.  ...  Joey Gibbons' ego wants a show. 

You have to wonder about the "guests."  In the real world it wouldn't be OK for the staff to disparage the guests, behind their backs or any other way, when you know the comments will be aired and they will likely be seen by said guests.  That makes me wonder if they're all friends/acquaintances of Gibbons.

• Love 1
5 hours ago, TattleTeeny said:

Why on earth would someone think it less conspicuous to climb out a window than to use the door? It's not like Jamie was inside the guest house, so what difference did that make? 

Especially as the staff quarters appears to be a free standing structure. So, production much? And Jamie just happening by? Cynthia's call time was apparently 7am with Jamie ambling by at 7.03 if memory serves. Speaking of production driven, we've had 2 lots of double ups: Rocker Chicks + Family Values Family and now Brocation + Girls Gone Wild. I don't think so. And no 'luxury' experience I'm aware of would stuff 2 disparate bookings into 1 house. So I'm calling BS on all of that. Definitely wouldn't happen on Below Deck. Cpt Lee would jump overboard. 

I cheered for Louise at the tip meeting. Go girl. No WAY should Mark have got a tip, even if they shared them. It was solely on him that he lost out bar his one coin. And watching Jenna's accent last week change from LA vocal fry to Texan drawl was ridiculous.

Jenna's behavior made me cringe, with her 'I lost my phone' spying on skeevy Mark. This show has got more ridiculous as it has progressed and I had such high hopes after the change from Apres Ski. Actually, I think Apres Ski was BETTER. At least they were believably trying to provide guests with a high end travel experience. Gibbons Life better rebrand if they want to attract guests in future. Colston in bed with 2 guests, Mark in bed with another, Cynthia pouring alcohol poisoning quantities of shots because Blake is crying on the phone to his girlfriend over a Snapchat GTFOOH! At the very least, especially after last week, Joey could be looking at law suits. The Texans could have been very difficult after Mark's tantrum, which was set in motion with Jenna's previous inappropriate mingling and disclosure with the guests. 

I doubt there'll be a reunion, although I think they had Mark with Stassi on WWHL. Maybe Mark and Jenna will show up next season on Vanderpump Rules. Jenna is doing her best to channel those mean girl moron hosebeasts (Katie, Stassi, Scheana) so it'd be a good fit.

• Love 2

Even the VPR gals aren't as vacuous as Jenna…though they are problematic in other ways.  That "search" for her phone was so obvious.  Way to show you aren't jealous, Jenna!  I wonder if she thought she was irreplaceable; IDK why she'd care when she clearly thought Mark  a) was not as great a catch as she thought, and b) traded down.

Jamie catching Cynthia was so producer-driven…this show sucks at making those moments seem natural.

Louise was on fire this episode!  Loved her not giving up her share of the tip AND telling the other staff members to wait on the guests because she had to take a shit.

• Love 4
10 hours ago, TattleTeeny said:

Why on earth would someone think it less conspicuous to climb out a window than to use the door? It's not like Jamie was inside the guest house, so what difference did that make? 

Lol especially when there are service entrances/exits and two people actually live in the house. Why not just go through their room and fake an early morning gab sesh?

• Love 1
14 hours ago, urusai said:

In L.A., dozens of girls would be more noticeable than Jenna. Sorry but she's not that special a snowflake.  Maybe in Texass.

Nah, that bleached blond is a dime a dozen in Texas.

• Love 1

I would absolutely watch Jenna on another season of this show, if only to marvel repeatedly at how up her own a** she is. She always rankled a bit, but I really should have known how terrible she'd be when she started referring to herself in the third person on the first episode.

I find Joel weirdly endearing, though his taste in shirts is questionable at best.

Tipping a quarter is the most hateful thing I've seen on these shows, and it's saying quite a bit when the guests outstrip the staff in this manner. I hope Debbie whatsherface sits on a handful of tacks. What a horrible woman.

Lastly, Jamie needs a spinoff. I would watch Jamie in anything. I find him so lovable.