Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E10: Drag My Wedding

• Start Topic

Best LSFYL song ever.

And when RuPaul said "womp-womp" and bumped up one of her boobs I almost fell out of my chair. Well actually I just let air out of my nose kind of louder than usual but you know what I mean.

• Love 3

I kinda feel like Joslyn got screwed by being paired with someone so completely unwilling to get into the challenge.  There is always at least one problematic makeover person, but I cannot remember one being this level of uninvolved.  It's a shame, especially since I don't think Joslyn should have been in the Bottom 2.

Tops to me was easily BenDeLaCreme, followed by Bianca Del Rio, then Darienne Lake,  Adore was easily bottom 2, and I would have put Courtney there also.  If someone who wasn't a Judge's Pet had outshone their bride like that, they would have been read ten times harder (I'm thinking of Pandora, Alexis, or Dida) and possibly would have been sent home for it.

I always hate the makeover episodes, because I feel like there is so little to talk about other than "Drag Queen 1 did a great job on hers" or "I cannot believe Drag Queen 2 thought that was a good makeover!"  That and a good chunk of the eliminations seem to have more to do with getting rid of someone who has overstayed their welcome in the judge's eyes as opposed to actually putting the worst two in the bottom.  Ah well.

As far as the queens left, I think this is still Courtney's to lose, with Bianca and BenDeLaCreme also in the top 3 (although I still expect Bianca out at 4th because my favorites never make top 3) with Adore still nipping at their heels despite her recent struggles.  Darienne is the most likely next to go, but then again, I felt that way about Phi Phi and Tatianna at this point, and they both made it further.  Kinda hoping to be wrong (I like Darienne), but think her lack of a second win means the writing is on the wall.

• Love 1

I already posted on TWoP so I'll just paraphrase what I posted here.

I wasn't really feeling the main challenge at all and I'm still not entirely sure why.

Glad Bianca won, I thought she and Ben De La did the best. I must add love for the one groom's callbacks to previous seasons' contestants' catchphrases during her vows, I actually LOL'd as she read them aloud.

Sad to see our little glitter kitten black horse go. Womp womp, girl, womp womp. I did not like the bride transformations for Joslyn, Adore and Darienne, imho all three failed. Adore's "going to church" LSFYL was not (for me) church at all other than kicking off the shoes. I like her but think Ru's soft spot for her is keeping her around past her expiration date.

"Remember when you were really little and you sometimes stayed up way past your bedtime? And everything that happened past, say, 11 PM started to seem like it was happening in another dimension, because you were so tired and none of the TV shows were familiar? That's how watching this mini-challenge made me feel. Did it happen? Was Bianca really wearing those granny glasses? I just don't know." -- Mark's recap, speaking for ALL of us I think. Everyone go read the recap! :)

Tiny comment/correction -- a  lot of people are saying "gay marriage" and it's better to say "same-sex marriage" because that will include bisexuals. For example, Alan Cumming is married to a man, but is still bisexual -- see what I mean? :) Just something to try to remember -- I forget sometimes too but I'm working on it!

Gotta say, I actually really liked Adore's LSFYL. The look on her face, the fire in her delivery -- she got me. I knew that she was going to win anyway since it was well past poor Joslyn's time (I love the girl, but let's face it), so it almost didn't matter, but that was a very committed performance.

And yeah... most of the "transformations" this week just made me uncomfortable. Most of the guys turned queens just looked... yeah. Not so good. I think Darienne didn't do any work teaching her queen how to stand -- the hunching of the shoulders really killed that look for me. Men, women, whatever in between, you always look better with your shoulders back and your head held high. I think Dela was the only one who worked on the walk, or at least, the only one that it SHOWED.

Adore's queen looked worse and worse every time I saw her on screen. Between the dress and the wig and the jacket, everything seemed like it was just plopped on.

I think Darienne didn't do any work teaching her queen how to stand -- the hunching of the shoulders really killed that look for me.

Thank you! I kept shouting "Stand up straight!" at the TV. She looked completely neckless and hunched.

Bianca so deserved that win.

Adore's daughter was a disaster and her look was equally bad.

Wondering if Joslyn's daughter is closeted, reactions were OTT for my tastes. Joslyn looked good though.

IMO, Adore's take on Think was horrible. Too much flailing and over exaggerated vocalizations did not correspond with the song. Instead of looking like she was channeling the song, Adore looked like she was channeling desperation. The LSFYL only demonstrated to me that Adore is favored, because between the look and that performance she should have Sashayed.

Having said that, Joslyn was just as in over her head as Adore and her departure evokes only minimal sadness.

• Love 1

Looking around online, it seems like Adore's LSFYL is controversial -- some people loved it, some hated it.

One thing I noticed, though, is that during the Untucked, the feeling in the untucked lounge while they watched the LS (so far as I could tell) was that Adore was winning. Joslyn's couple looked uncomfortable and miserable and defensive, while Adore's couple looked cheerful and satisfied. When Adore was declared the winner, Josyln's couple's defense of her seemed more... well, defensive, like I said, rather than indignant, as if even they knew that she had lost. I know that this was, of course, edited too, but.... Maybe there was something to seeing the whole unedited LSFYL that would make it more clear why Adore won.

And of course, poor JF had been in the bottom enough times, so like I said above, it probably didn't really matter who won the LS -- it was her time. :( Bye, glitter kitten!

Edited by Nerdlove

I noticed that too, Nerdlove. Adore's couple was cheering and whooping while Joslyn's couple was sitting there glumly.

I think I'm done with mini-challenges. I don't mind them being irrelevant nonsense, but for some reason it bothers me that the winner is chosen randomly.

• Love 1

The thing that got me about this episode was why in the world did they do the critique with the drag brides standing there? That didn't seem necessary, and felt downright mean given the context -- here, let me marry you, and then have you stand there and hear how bad I think you look.

Also, not that I don't believe there's no way Joslyn's guy didn't know what he was signing up for, but the laughter on the mainstage over his fears also came off as insensitive and kind of ignorant. The NBA (and its farm system) are only a baby step up from the NFL when it comes to having rampant hetero culture and that's not setting the bar real high. No matter what's in his head or how badly he expressed it, while I don't know what kind of flack he's going to catch, he will catch some, and that's sad and wrong. Don't laugh at it.

Eh, this just rubbed me wrong. I did love Bianca and the way she bonded with her guy. Dela did a great job, even if the editors all but ignored her this week. And all the vows were very sweet. But I came out of this episode feeling off.

• Love 2

As far as the mini challenge goes, this one was a bit random.  The winner could've been anybody & as it turns out it didn't even matter who got paired up with who because they did the ole' switcheroo with the grooms.  I like the mini challenges that have a significant prize like the year suppy of eyelashes or a phone call from home.

The main challenge, as I said on the old TWOP site was more of a Drag U episode than RPDR.  Too much time was spent on the wedding and not enough on the actual queens in the workroom.  I read on another site that the couples shown were already married, so I guess it makes the critque ok.

I think Courtney did a good job on her "bride's" face.  He is done in the same tasteful style Courtney favors for herself.  I got the impression that Courtney doesn't sew any more than Adore does, and that's ok, but the dress was pretty bad imho.  I feel like Courtney is getting the same "treatment" as Detox did last season.  We are being herded to thinking she's a shady bitch, when really, she's a pretty nice person.  From a few posts I've seen on Facebook, even Courtney is a bit take aback at the way she was portrayed.  

We are being herded to thinking she's a shady bitch, when really, she's a pretty nice person

This is my number one reason for suspecting that Bianca wins this thing. It would be a walk in the park to make her seem at least as shady as they're making Courtney seem - if not more so.  Just leave in the many, many witty/bitchy remarks she makes, and leave out all of the self-effacing, supportive, helpful stuff that is making us all love her.  Editors do that, and give a little more of sweet Courtney being sweet (which, given how everyone feels about her, there is plenty of on the cutting room floor) and bang, we all have a different favorite.  I'm perfectly happy with a Bianca win, if that's what happens, but I could easily see it going the other way, if editing were different.

Good point, Heckkitty. I remember Courtney saying to Darienne, "Or you could get a man right now, the way you look right now" and something similar to Adore about her "hog body" ("maybe you are strangely proportioned, and maybe that's all right."). So certainly we've even seen her being super sweet. I guess there's something enchanting about seeing someone like Bianca, who is so incredibly capable of cutting the mightiest giants down to size with just a perfectly timed remark, choose instead to be kind to someone. Maybe that's why Bianca is getting to be such a favorite with so many -- she has the power, but doesn't always use it. That, and the fact that she's immensely talented.

I noticed that too, Nerdlove. Adore's couple was cheering and whooping while Joslyn's couple was sitting there glumly.

Joslyn's couple just seemed really intense and focused and I assumed it was because he's a basketball player - really intense fans of any sport can get really into games and concentrate soley on what is on screen until the end.

In what way, Evilandproud?

I was a lot more freaked out by Brandon's behavior during the show. There was something sort of "off-kilter" about him, something unsteady that *might* have resulted in a scene more unpleasant than the vomiting. (Which was already really unpleasant. Thanks, editors, for including all those lovely sounds! That's what I tune in to RPDR for -- highly mic'd vomiting!)

• Love 2
(edited)
6 hours ago, kieyra said:

Any theories as to why this episode is missing from S6 on Hulu?

Was that the one that had the Female/S****** mini challenge?

Edited by Sile

Of all the episodes, this is still my least favourite. I never liked the "make over" episodes all that much, but having someone where who obviously doesn't really want to do it and has apparently been talked into this by his wive is just uncomfortable to watch. Thankfully they wisened up later on and started to pick people who were already kind of familiar with a TV setting for this kind of episode. 

On 7/12/2020 at 7:38 PM, kieyra said:

Any theories as to why this episode is missing from S6 on Hulu?

I don’t know how valid this is, but I’ve read on Reddit that the wife (Brittany) was pissed at her husband (Brandon) for having cheated on her. And as revenge, Brittany signed Brandon up for this episode. Brandon might have threatened to sue World of Wonder, which might be why the episode was removed. Though that doesn’t explain what kind of case Brandon had if he signed a contract… 

Edited by jsm1125