Type keyword(s) to search

The Arrangement - General Discussion

• Start Topic

Yay for the responses!

Vartan is always eye candy so I'm happy when he gets camera time.  Kygan are so bland that I cringe when other characters gush over their mesmerizing star power.  I'm willing to suspend disbelief in the spirit of fun and goofy melodrama - but really!

I'm glad the agent is back too.

Anybody projecting where this series is going, or are the showrunners making it up on the fly?

• Love 4

If Vartan wasn't on this show, I'd have never bothered with it in the first place, but I'll watch (and have watched) just about everything he's been in. So, The Arrangement can thank him for having me as a viewer ha.

However, I did actually enjoy this episode. I think the highlight was Leslie being back. And Leslie and Deann together. They have good chemistry, and I don't mean sexually. 

• Love 4

Ready to weigh in after 1.5 seasons... First, I LOVED Josh Henderson on the Dallas reboot. He was perfection as John Ross. I don't love him in this role. He's much better as a "bad boy." It might be his chemistry with the girl who plays Megan, but something is missing. Speaking of Megan: BORING. I don't think it's the way the character is written, I think it's the actress. (The actress who played Cliff Barnes' daughter and who married John Ross on the Dallas reboot would have been PERFECT in this role IMO). And finally re: the cons; the story continuity is all over the place. There's a way to do surprise reveals (and I suspect they're leading up to a biggie), but this isn't it. 

Now, the pros: I really love Vartan in this or any other show. In this show, he brings the right mixture of menace and charisma to his character, although again, I know they're saving up some big reveal regarding his past but they're not giving the audience enough reason to really care. Next, I really like the actresses who play Vartan's wife and Megan's former agent. They play well off of each other and I could easily see them as friends OR foes on another nighttime soap-type show. I also like the actor who played Xavier (aka "the only normal guy in the Universe") and the actress who plays Megan's BFF (or former BFF now that she's totally entranced by Vartan's character). 

I guess im disappointed because this show had so much potential. I'm still watching because I've already invested so much time. But unless something spectacular happens (and they replace the actress who plays Megan ?), in the end ny assessment will be "meh." (The fact that I can't remember most of the characters' names off the top of my head after 1.5 seasons speaks volumes..). 

• Love 5
14 hours ago, Cajungirl64 said:

I guess im disappointed because this show had so much potential. I'm still watching because I've already invested so much time. But unless something spectacular happens (and they replace the actress who plays Megan ?), in the end ny assessment will be "meh." (The fact that I can't remember most of the characters' names off the top of my head after 1.5 seasons speaks volumes..). 

Exactly why I'm still watching too (time already invested). This show is all over the place, making it a bit more difficult to follow. And as deaja indicated, most of the time it just puts me to sleep.

• Love 4

I'm still watching because of time invested and it leads into The Royals. I can't remember any character names other than Kyle and Megan, either. It's a very good premise and they have some good ideas, but the writing has been so boring. I don't even have any insults for it, and that's a bad sign from me.

• Love 1
On 4/26/2018 at 12:24 PM, Cajungirl64 said:

Ready to weigh in after 1.5 seasons... First, I LOVED Josh Henderson on the Dallas reboot. He was perfection as John Ross. I don't love him in this role. He's much better as a "bad boy." It might be his chemistry with the girl who plays Megan, but something is missing. Speaking of Megan: BORING. I don't think it's the way the character is written, I think it's the actress. (The actress who played Cliff Barnes' daughter and who married John Ross on the Dallas reboot would have been PERFECT in this role IMO). And finally re: the cons; the story continuity is all over the place. There's a way to do surprise reveals (and I suspect they're leading up to a biggie), but this isn't it. 

Now, the pros: I really love Vartan in this or any other show. In this show, he brings the right mixture of menace and charisma to his character, although again, I know they're saving up some big reveal regarding his past but they're not giving the audience enough reason to really care. Next, I really like the actresses who play Vartan's wife and Megan's former agent. They play well off of each other and I could easily see them as friends OR foes on another nighttime soap-type show. I also like the actor who played Xavier (aka "the only normal guy in the Universe") and the actress who plays Megan's BFF (or former BFF now that she's totally entranced by Vartan's character). 

The actor who plays Xavier is Ruffin Prentiss III. (Kinda hawt). He was also on "Power"  and "Elementary" . I think he is on a new show ... definitely too good for this dumpster fire.

• Love 3

I see it more as a psychological drama now. Which is interesting, it is a direction they are going more this season - which makes a bit slow, and that may not be for everybody.

I really love Shauna (the lawyer friend), Terrance (I think his story is the most interesting oddly) and the wife DeAnn (she was a great bad guy on Continuum!).

I think Kyle is a great actor. When he has the space, you really feel what he is feeling. Even though it usually is a bit terrifying...

Looking forward to the next episodes, and glad that there is some discussion open up!

-

• Love 1

I'm actually a little bummed there's only 2 episodes left! LOL at them clubbing in Paso for her 'bachelorette'. There's no clubs like that in Paso Robles, but whatever, I'll let it slide. ;) I actually kind of liked her gray sweatshirt with the flowers. 

• Love 2

I thought this episode was good, though I'm bummed they spent so much of the season spinning wheels. I wish we'd seen more of Kyle's dark side (other than the fight he's mostly just been a petty whiner).

• Love 1

I really don't know what to think with this Kyle reveal.  Part of me wants to think it's a test, but it does explain the stuff with the cop that I had totally forgotten about until the previouslies. 

My favorite part of the episode was realizing that Terrance and DeAnn live at the Hummingbird Nest Ranch, along with that gang of weirdo's from The Last Man on Earth, and it's also where the doomed wedding of Scheana and Mike Shay took place on Vanderpump Rules a couple of years ago.   So for a good part of the episode, I amused myself by imagining what it would be like if Terrance was in the same room with Tandy, Melissa, Carol, Gail, and Scheana, and how long it would be before he killed them all.

• Love 4

I suspect that it might be Shaun that told Terrance where the couple was. Kyle knew Megan was going to see them. He was surprised when Megan was angry that night. He should have been expecting her to be upset. Shaun seems to idolize Terrance. I think she was saving her place in his life. If Kyle and Megan left the Institute where would that leave Shaun?

• Love 2
2 hours ago, LakeGal said:

I suspect that it might be Shaun that told Terrance where the couple was. Kyle knew Megan was going to see them. He was surprised when Megan was angry that night. He should have been expecting her to be upset. Shaun seems to idolize Terrance. I think she was saving her place in his life. If Kyle and Megan left the Institute where would that leave Shaun?

I definitely think it was Shaun. She was never really on board with Megan's plan anyway. If IHM goes down then she loses her job. She seems to really like what Terrance and IHM are doing. I think Shaun might have a crush on Terrance. I felt like they were hinting at that in earlier episodes. At least I got that vibe from their interactions. 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, LIFLA said:

I definitely think it was Shaun. She was never really on board with Megan's plan anyway. If IHM goes down then she loses her job. She seems to really like what Terrance and IHM are doing. I think Shaun might have a crush on Terrance. I felt like they were hinting at that in earlier episodes. At least I got that vibe from their interactions. 

Unfortunately I agree... I mean yes IHM seems to be doing some good and maybe with better leadership could be helpful yo the world.. But that can't be terrance.. He's actually worse than I thought he was... Lest we forget he was cheating with Lisbeth.. I assume that's gonna come out if we get another season... I feel for Shaun if she's protecting her Job and future good work @ IHM ThenThen Megan letting Adam tell his story could ruin all that.. And if Megan was just gonna walk away from it all as long as she had kyle then Shaun may as well protect herself. Its not like Megan ever really seemed to care how any of this affected Shaun... But if she did this for Terrence.. Who its obvious is bad news even if she doesn't have all the gory details age has some.. Then that's just sad and a ruination of a character 

• Love 2

That was quite the finale. Whoa. 

When Megan first got to the hotel room, I wondered if the plot was going that she was paranoid and imagining the danger of Terrance.

Shaun, Shaun.... lots of people called it though.

I don't understand what Meghan thinks came between she and Kyle to essentially end their romance even though they got married.  The moving of Aaron and Julie put her over the edge that way?

That was a lot packed into one episode. I'm finding myself hoping it gets renewed for a third season, even if I'd rather see MV doing something else...

On a shallow note, I found myself getting distracted by Megan's hair - this episode it looked even greasier than usual. The highlights also look crappy. I thought she was supposed to have a different wedding dress?

Who are we supposed to be rooting for here? Cause I'm still rooting biasedly rooting for Terence, since both Kyle and Megan annoy me. Oh and Leslie for her comedic relief. 

I think this show has a good chance for getting renewed for a third season. What else does E! have going on anyway besides the K's and that Royals show?

• Love 4

So why didn't Megan let Shaun listen to the tape of Terrence plotting her Murder... Even if she wants to stay at IHM cuz if the good work she's doing ( which Megan never really seemed to care about)  she'd at least know that Terrence was not a good guy.. That's the type  of information you give a friend in a potentially dangerous situation (seeing as she's getting more and more sucked into terrence's orbit)  looking fwd to Megan vs.  The man baby kyle

• Love 3
(edited)

I'm rooting for Megan, as we presumably are supposed to be, and I like the alliance she's formed with DeeAnn and Leslie. 

It seemed fairly obvious what DeeAnn was up to when she asked Terence to go over the plan. That recording needs to live somewhere other than Megan's and DeeAnn's phones. I'm not sure, however, why Megan doesn't go ahead and use the recording to annihilate Terence since it was her goal to destroy IHM.

What's happened with Shaun is no surprise. She has seemed gullible and (inexplicably) mesmerized by Terence for a while now. 

Megan spending the night with Xavier seemed out of character and I can't figure out why it happened unless it was simply to provide the impetus for Kyle to decide he wants revenge on her. 

As with last season, I liked Megan's final line. I think Christine Evangelista does a great job with the character. 

Edited by Jillybean
  • Love 5

I had a feeling DeAnn was going to betray Terrance. It does not seem like a good idea to piss him off like she did, knowing what he is capable of. I guess the voice recording is supposed to protect her and Megan but I wouldn't be surprised if Terrance could find a way to get rid of it for good then get rid of DeAnn and Megan.

I am not really rooting for anyone on this show. No one is really that likable to me, especially not Megan or Kyle, or their relationship. However, I did feel bad for Kyle this episode. He seems to really love Megan, but I never felt like Megan really loved Kyle. By the way, isn't cheating strictly forbidden in their contract? I guess at this point "Kygan" (yuck) is too big to break up, but then the clause about cheating is pointless then, no?

Did Shaun forget that Terrance drugged and kidnapped Megan and held her against her will at the facility for weeks/months? The whole reason she wants to take down IHM?

I do love the Leslie/DeAnn/Megan trio though. More of that in Season 3 (if there is one).

• Love 5

I don't understand what Meghan thinks came between she and Kyle to essentially end their romance even though they got married.  The moving of Aaron and Julie put her over the edge that way?

I think it was that she thought he was lying to her again.  The constant lying seemed to be her theme.

Did she get the ten million dollars upon their wedding?  If so, that is probably why she went through with the wedding, even though the relationship was finished.

How does Terence have a hold over her because of her stepbrother?  I don't see what he could do - yes, he could publicly accuse her of it, but he has no evidence, and he got rid of the guy who was convicted of the murder.  Surely she could spin any revelations as revenge on his part for pulling Kyle away from IHM.

So why didn't Megan let Shaun listen to the tape of Terrence plotting her Murder... Even if she wants to stay at IHM cuz if the good work she's doing ( which Megan never really seemed to care about)  she'd at least know that Terrence was not a good guy.. That's the type  of information you give a friend in a potentially dangerous situation (seeing as she's getting more and more sucked into terrence's orbit)

Did Shaun forget that Terrance drugged and kidnapped Megan and held her against her will at the facility for weeks/months? The whole reason she wants to take down IHM?

Yes.  But Shaun seems so dazzled with him, perhaps it wouldn't matter to her.  People seem to fall under his spell, like Kyle did.  Everything that Terrance did was okay, in furtherance of the goals of the Institute.  But murder?  Who knows. 

• Love 1
(edited)
12 hours ago, treeofdreams said:

Shaun seems so dazzled with him, perhaps it wouldn't matter to her.  People seem to fall under his spell, like Kyle did. 

The least charismatic, most wooden cult leader ever. 

This whole show makes less and less sense as it goes on (and on, and on.)  If they wanted to rip off TomKat, why not just go whole hog and make Kyle be secretly gay (or bi)? None of this really makes sense. The only reason you need a fake spouse is to cover up something with your sexual/romantic life. Not an anger issue or a history of prostitution or whatever Kyle is supposed to have that must be kept under wraps at all costs. 

Terrence leaking to the press that Meghan spent the wedding night with that other dude is a "calculated risk?" WHAT? That makes zero sense. If you're supposed to be trying to protect this fake marriage illusion/Kyle....why on earth would you purposely leak that? The show can't even figure out, never mind follow, its own internal logic.

I don't mind Josh H. in general but I feel like he's honestly outlived his usefulness. Give me a show where Meghan, DeAnn and Leslie just plot to take down Terrence and it'll be 10 times more interesting. Hopefully that's exactly where S3 is headed. But that ending didn't give me any hope they have a clue what they're doing. Kyle threatens to be a total control freak with Meghan and she has prime evidence right on her phone that she could expose Terrence/take down IHM, and she doesn't mention/use it? WHY?

Edited by taragel
  • Love 4

The scene plotting the murder was very well done. It was one of the most intense scenes I've seen on the tv this year. Outstanding

I was pretty sure it was Shaun who hid them although I don't think she will be the blind follower they are showing now. Being a laid back lawyer she would probably prefer a more legal official solution than a media take down.

Meghan never forgave Kyle for having a part in her trip to the facility. And although Kyle participated in the interrogation he helped the guy get away this year. I guess they're trying to show he's redeemable.

DeAnn was disgruntled from early this season with the tie on the door then having her relationship with the son reduced when Terrance recruited him. And in season one of her talks with Meghan had a women finally in charge in Hollywood theme.

Need more of Meghan's agent who wants to krav maga  everyone.

• Love 2

I took Terence's comment to Shaun to mean that he wants to move her into DeeAnn's role, probably having a relationship as well as running IHM together. I would expect her to want both. 

• Love 2

I had hoped, when Megan said she wanted to "burn the whole thing down", that she would expose things like the facility and her kidnapping and being held prisoner.  But that seems a no-go.

I love DeAnn teaming up with Megan; perhaps together they could burn it down.

Megan against Terrance, Megan against Kyle, could be really interesting, and show some serious power on her part.  DeAnn helping her, even better.

Is this series leading up to being a Woman Power theme?  I could co-sign that.

• Love 1

I know we're supposed to be rooting for Megan but I just can't anymore. I was done with her the second she slept with Xavier.  I hate cheating storylines, and I hate that her first instinct was to jump right into bed with someone else. 

• Love 5

This show is so weirdly paced. “Someone is poisoning Megan!” Followed by a weird time jump followed by it never being mentioned again.

All the loose dangling plot lines and the thing they end the season with is a cheating subplot?

4 hours ago, deaja said:

This show is so weirdly paced. “Someone is poisoning Megan!” Followed by a weird time jump followed by it never being mentioned again.

All the loose dangling plot lines and the thing they end the season with is a cheating subplot?

I agree. They mentioned it like it was some huge thing that IHM was doing to her, and suddenly it all went away. I think it was probably Terrance doing it because it stopped as soon as she did those sessions with him. But it is weird that they never mentioned it again.

Also, they revealed that Terrance slept with Lisbeth but nothing ever came of it. As far as I remember no one knows what happened between them except those two. I assume they are going to bring it up sometime next season? Why even bring it up yet if nothing comes of it? I assumed it was going to be revealed when Kyle left Terrance and IHM but nope, nothing!

I almost feel like they decided to go in a different direction with the show last minute.

• Love 2

Thanks to you guys, I won’t waste 2 hours on the last 2 episodes of the season.  Terrance always wins...bla bla, lather-rinse-repeat.  It’s boring.

I’m guessing no reveal of Kyle boning the detective?

No answer on the stomach pains?

No answer on Lisbeth’s bizarre dementia-like behavior?

Now I read that Megan slept with the costar?  What are we to believe was the turning point when she stopped loving Kyle?  

• Love 2

There are many loose ends so I hope there is a 3rd season. 

I don't like:

Shaun & Terrance.  He's evil and looks like he has cachexia for no reason. 

Kyle & Megan becoming bitter enemies.  WTF?  

Megan and Leslie trusting DeAnn so much.  She's shady too.

I have to say, though, that I really like that the whole premise is based on Scientology and it being twisted AF. 

13 hours ago, MVFrostsMyPie said:

I feel more bummed than I should, but I enjoyed watching MV play en evil guy. 

I agree, but hopefully he will land a better show soon.

Oh well. It doesn't really come as a surprise. It's a shame, though, as I thought the show was just starting to again find its course that it had lost earlier in the season, but it was obviously too late.

There were a lot of loose ends, but I don't think they would have been tied even if the show got renewed. And come to think of it, Megan's crazy-eyed "Kyle, you think you can control me? Good luck with that!" actually... was not the worst way to end it. 

• Love 4

Bummer!!  I have to say that next season would've strayed VERY far from the first and second so perhaps this is best.  I don't want to see Megan and Kyle despising each other and deal with her sleeping with I forget his name already.   

• Love 1

Cancelled-sniff sniff. No more pretty people.

As mentioned a third season it could've really picked up some steam and compared to some of the shows out there it was not that bad. Also another show moved out of a time slot where it made it's bones not the greatest idea early in. On Sunday it was going up against too many established shows, Saturday night not so much.

Lee Remini still queen of scientology shows.

• Love 1