Type keyword(s) to search

Psych in the Media: "We actually started an urban legend..."

BW Manilowe

On 12/6/2017 at 8:42 PM, bettername2come said:

Do we know anything about a DVD release? I'd like to put it on my shelf next to the musical.

I would assume there will be 1; they did an individual 1 for Psych: The Musical, besides the Musical eps being in the season DVD, & presumably, the Complete Series DVDs. They just haven't announced a release date yet.

On 12/8/2017 at 6:31 PM, BW Manilowe said:

I would assume there will be 1; they did an individual 1 for Psych: The Musical, besides the Musical eps being in the season DVD, & presumably, the Complete Series DVDs. They just haven't announced a release date yet.

Let’s hope it included in a Blu-ray complete series collection.

If the next Psych movie is another holiday themed movie, James and Steve want it to be Halloween!

The movie has a Christmas theme to it, something which Franks said came about because USA “felt very strongly” that it should be a holiday special. While it wasn’t their idea, they weren’t opposed to it. “Christmas is a holiday that traditionally brings people together and we like to think that’s what our show did too,” Roday said. “We’re certainly not anti-Christmas or anti-holidays. The more reasons for people to be willing to put their differences aside, the better. Especially now.”

At San Diego Comic-Con this summer, Franks said that they’d like to do a series of these films — but if the next one is also holiday-themed, they’re hoping for Halloween. “For years we were trying to do a Halloween episode and we were never airing on Halloween,” he said.

“We would always do our horror episodes but we never actually got to air them close to Halloween,” Roday added. “We feel like we’re due for a Halloween special.”

Roday and Franks wrote “Psych: The Movie” together, with Franks directing — however, Roday has plenty of directing experience himself, most recently on the gruesome grindhouse series “Blood Drive.”

“If we do a Halloween special, James and I are going to have to do a mud wrestling match for the director’s chair,” Franks said. “Because James is an expert at it and it’s something I’ve always wanted to get my giant toe into.”

Roday, however, said he’d defer: “It’s not a mud wrestling match. He always gets first dibs. He made the show. Without him there’d be no ‘Psych,’ there’d be no Shawn Spencer.”

Franks shrugged it off, pointing at Roday. “Without him, there wouldn’t be Shawn Spencer.”

• Love 1
3 hours ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

Roday, however, said he’d defer: “It’s not a mud wrestling match. He always gets first dibs. He made the show. Without him there’d be no ‘Psych,’ there’d be no Shawn Spencer.”

This is just one of the reasons I ❤️❤️❤️ James Roday. And he’s a very good actor and I’m bummed he didn’t do anything acting-wise post Psych

21 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

This is just one of the reasons I ❤️❤️❤️ James Roday. And he’s a very good actor and I’m bummed he didn’t do anything acting-wise post Psych

He’s tried but the pilots never got picked up.

At least a large, potentially new audience will be exposed to the series. Hopefully with an even bigger fan base, the other 5 psych movies have a better chance of being made - if not by dark and gloomy USA, then by sunny  Hallmark. Crown media is expanding, I'm happy to have them involved with my favorite series ever...Murder She Wrote being second lol

Edited by jette
  • Love 1

Hallmark Movies and Mysteries has psych on its list of shows. It premieres at 8a CST on Jan 1st. When Monk showed up in their afternoon programming, I was wishing for psych instead, so I'm delighted. 

Maybe there are psych-Os at Crown Media and they'll leave the dialogue alone...how do you censor psych's dialogue? Each episode would be 10 minutes long if you take out all the suck its lol

So I saw a tweet from some guy asking Roday if he needed ? ? to make future movies possible, but he just said for him to keep his “dough” and just keep the love coming. Of course I let Roday and Hill know how much they are loved and we all want more movies! I’m optimistic!

• Love 1

I'm thinking this thread should be merged/moved to the media thread, but, no biggie.

Season 8 sort of ended with the flashback episode last week. Then this week, ION went all wonky! We have Season 1's "Scary Sherry," "Then a season six episode, followed by a season seven episode, and then another season eight episode. I suspect we'll get back to season one next week, and hopefully in order!

4 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Season 8 sort of ended with the flashback episode last week. Then this week, ION went all wonky! We have Season 1's "Scary Sherry," "Then a season six episode, followed by a season seven episode, and then another season eight episode. I suspect we'll get back to season one next week, and hopefully in order!

Are they doing themed episodes? TNT does that sometimes. That might explain why they're jumping around.

• Love 1
12 minutes ago, DittyDotDot said:

Are they doing themed episodes? TNT does that sometimes. That might explain why they're jumping around.

Up until last week, they were up to season 8 and airing them in order. Ever since I learned that it was available on Amazon Prime, I've been watching it there, you know FULL EPISODES. And the syndicated ones just recorded on my dvr queue.

• Love 1
11 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Up until last week, they were up to season 8 and airing them in order.

Right, but if they finished the series they may have done what TNT sometimes does with airing a set of themed episodes after they finish airing the complete series. Like, maybe they were doing Halloween episodes or something?

37 minutes ago, DittyDotDot said:

Right, but if they finished the series they may have done what TNT sometimes does with airing a set of themed episodes after they finish airing the complete series. Like, maybe they were doing Halloween episodes or something?

Hmmm...I'll have to go back and check, but I think it might have been a Jules theme. "Scary Sherry" and the other one I remember was the season six one where William Shatner showed up (Blech). And I'm totally blanking on the others.

Hallmark Mysteries and Movies channel now shows 3 hours of Psych a day.  They are pretty much in order.  I always enjoy the earlier seasons and episodes more than the later ones.  I really think it was a mistake to make Juliette and Shawn a couple.

• Love 1

I was just watching Psych on Amazon Prime (thank you for writing that it was streaming.)  I've been watching off and on since Christmas  and just started Season 8.  Carlton is reduced to a uniform and with his hair combed down, Timothy Osmonson looked very similar to General Flynn and with his hair dyed black could totally play him in a movie especially if Sam the Eagle is unavailable.   I hope this isn't partisan.

19 hours ago, seacliffsal said:

Hallmark Mysteries and Movies channel now shows 3 hours of Psych a day.  They are pretty much in order.  I always enjoy the earlier seasons and episodes more than the later ones.  I really think it was a mistake to make Juliette and Shawn a couple.

The couple works, it’s just the show ran too long and they made it more serial and less crime of the week. Also the whole dumbing down Jules and Shawn acting smug during the big revel hurt the later seasons.

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, Skyfall said:

Also the whole dumbing down Jules and Shawn acting smug during the big revel hurt the later seasons.

The big reveal happened toward the end of season seven, and there was only one more season after that, so no multiple seasons were hurt. They started dumbing down Shawn and making him a loser moocher around season six, which I hated.

I'll stick with ION and Amazon, because as has been shown, Hallmark is bleeping out a whole lotta stuff, not to mention cutting more stuff than ION does.

• Love 1
On 1/9/2018 at 4:33 PM, DittyDotDot said:

Quoting you again because I feel like an ignoranamus! I hadn’t realized that my dvr decided to also record the Hallmark Mystery Movie Channel as well! So ION is airing season 6 out of order in the wee hours and season 7 in the 7-9AM slots!???

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
  • Love 1

This barely counts, but I'm watching 20/20 and it turns out Sarah Edmondson who I recognized as Gina Raypack, the girl Shawn calls by accident in Shawn Takes a Shot in the Dark, was in Allison Mack's sex cult. 

Edited by bettername2come
  • Love 1

This past week's People Magazine (Royal baby on the cover) has a nice article about Dule's recent wedding in Guatemala.  Photos include one of him and James Roday who attended.  Other pics show Jaleel White there as a guest, too.  For the West Wing crowd, Allison Janney was also in attendance.

• Love 3
7 minutes ago, doodlebug said:

This past week's People Magazine (Royal baby on the cover) has a nice article about Dule's recent wedding in Guatemala.  Photos include one of him and James Roday who attended.  Other pics show Jaleel White there as a guest, too.  For the West Wing crowd, Allison Janney was also in attendance.

giphy.gif 

you could have provided a link to the article!

But upon reading who attended...

giphy.gif giphy.gif

• Love 1
On 4/27/2018 at 7:31 PM, bettername2come said:

This barely counts, but I'm watching 20/20 and it turns out Sarah Edmondson who I recognized as Gina Raypack, the girl Shawn calls by accident in Shawn Takes a Shot in the Dark, was in Allison Mack's sex cult. 

According to Deadline, Sarah and her husband (who was also in the sex cult) are going to star in a documentary series about the NXIVM cult. The article says that Catherine Oxenberg's daughter India is a member of the cult.

(edited)
On 6/12/2018 at 6:43 AM, andromeda331 said:

No!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It may only be temporary on Hallmark Movies and Mysteries. They always have a Christmas movie marathon during July, for Christmas in July... like "all Christmas movies, all the time", literally, for the whole freaking month of July. Hopefully it'll be on again once their schedule goes back to normal (or should go back to normal) at the beginning of August.

As for Ion Television, Psych is still listed in their website's Shows section, so maybe it's just off their schedule temporarily too.

Edited by BW Manilowe
To add info.

From TV Line: New Psych Movie on Hold--Here's Why.

Basically the hangup involves making scheduling & availability work out for everybody at the same time, now that James is a regular in the new ABC show A Million Little Things & Dulé's been promoted to a series regular on USA's Suits--the show which gave Prince Harry the woman who's become his wife, & gave the rest of the world, & the rest of the British Royals, HRH Meghan, Duchess of Sussex.

1 hour ago, BW Manilowe said:

It may only be temporary on Hallmark Movies and Mysteries. They always have a Christmas movie marathon during July, for Christmas in July... like "all Christmas movies, all the time", literally, for the whole freaking month of July. Hopefully it'll be on again once their schedule goes back to normal (or should go back to normal) at the beginning of August.

As for Ion Television, Psych is still listed in their website's Shows section, so maybe it's just off their schedule temporarily too.

It was taken off the schedule in May. I’d rather watch this show than any of those treacly movies.

1 hour ago, BW Manilowe said:

From TV Line: New Psych Movie on Hold--Here's Why.

Basically the hangup involves making scheduling & availability work out for everybody at the same time, now that James is a regular in the new ABC show A Million Little Things & Dulé's been promoted to a series regular on USA's Suits--the show which gave Prince Harry the woman who's become his wife, & gave the rest of the world, & the rest of the British Royals, HRH Meghan, Duchess of Sussex.

To be frank, I really don’t really care about Meghan Markle or who she married. 

I’m sure James and Dulé will give us another movie when they can. Until they do, I have the series that I can rewatch again and again.

From TV Line: Spoilers (Their Word, and NOT Really Accurate) About the Second Movie 

The linked article is from their "Ask Ausiello" column, which tends to deal in spoilers; the information they use--in the opening Q&A pair--isn't spoiler-y though. All they say is Lassie is supposed to have a bigger role in the second film, because Timothy Omundson was too ill, at the time, to do more than a "cameo" appearance in the first film (which pretty much all of us had already heard when they were promoting the first film--he was very missed in the first movie &, should the second movie happen, they were already planning for Omundson to have a bigger role in it). Then they say the script for the sequel is already written (which we didn't already know), & they hope to be able to film during hiatus periods for James & Dulé's new shows (which was also mentioned upthread).