Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E07: LCFlutter

At the Farm, Owen teaches the trainees about enhanced interrogation techniques, and turns the tables on his students by putting himself in the hot seat. Meanwhile, Shelby goes undercover. In the future, a new president is sworn in, and Miranda makes a tough choice.

Owen should have capped on all the students at the review the next day (I am assuming, at some risk, that the Farm has reviews of their training), and stated that the alias he gave them was false, and they all fell for it.  No one checked it out.

I'm getting suspicious of the three rescuers at the end, there.  The terrorist with the hammer sounded a lot like the Catholic student, and they sure got in there fast.  I notice that no one is removing masks to check the identity of dead guys anymore. 

Speaking of the Catholic student, how did he ever pass the psych eval?  He is wired so tightly he would break within an hour of regular interrogation, much less torture. 

Why is the President resigning?  The death of his wife, or something else?

That was a pretty good landing for a 10' high jump off that roof, Alex.  No loud impact, no rolling to take the stress off your legs.  Just a "howdy" to Lydia.

• Love 1

Yeah, I think the three rescuers-or at least one of them- is involved.

So, anyone else thinking "Stanford prison experiment" while watching Owen get tortured?

I imagine watching your spouse get beheaded in front of you would probably cause most people to resign.

• Love 1

Was he resigning? I thought he was invoking the 25th amendment which is temporary.  (I have extensive knowledge of how it works due to watching The West Wing.)  I wasn't paying the closest attention though, so maybe I misunderstood.

4 hours ago, marcee said:

And how is the FBI so gullible that they find the phone in Miranda's luvah's bag and they jump to the conclusion that he's the culpable party?

1 hour ago, Dowel Jones said:

Remember the first season on how they train FBI agents?  That should explain the gu-gu-gu gullibility of the entire agency.

No wonder it's so easy for the terrorists.

• Love 1

I thought it was an interesting technique by the show to make watching the episode feel like torture. The actor playing Sebastian is awful! He is playing angry, rather than conflicted, which is what we are to assume the character is feeling. Plus, he has NO chemistry with Tovey, who is doing the heavy lifting. Frankly, up until that moment back in their room, he just came across as delusional.

12 hours ago, Dowel Jones said:

That was a pretty good landing for a 10' high jump off that roof, Alex.  No loud impact, no rolling to take the stress off your legs.  Just a "howdy" to Lydia.

She had also just run eight miles in an earlier scene and seemed quite fresh. Alex is obviously Wonder Woman.

12 hours ago, Dowel Jones said:

I'm getting suspicious of the three rescuers at the end, there.  The terrorist with the hammer sounded a lot like the Catholic student, and they sure got in there fast.  I notice that no one is removing masks to check the identity of dead guys anymore. 

Probably all of them are EVIL except Ryan, Alex, Shelby, Tovey's character and one of the twins. BTW, we didn't get anything present day on the twins following last week, did we?

• Love 3

I watched all the episodes from ep 2 to 7 last 2 weekends, and I am confused as fuck about this show,

Does the government know that there are still hostages inside? Should they send in the swat or special troops to kill the terrorists. 

I don't get Lydia is she one of the terrorists? Where is Owen in the present time? 

Yea I think so too that one or all of the farm recruits are bad except Lee RIP, Alex & Ryan.

• Love 2
7 hours ago, deaja said:

Was he resigning? I thought he was invoking the 25th amendment which is temporary.  (I have extensive knowledge of how it works due to watching The West Wing.)  I wasn't paying the closest attention though, so maybe I misunderstood.

The 25th Amendment covers both temporary absences by the President AND what happens if the President died or resigns. I think he was resigning, but I guess it could be either.

Edited by KaveDweller
3 hours ago, piequinn35 said:

I watched all the episodes from ep 2 to 7 last 2 weekends, and I am confused as fuck about this show,

Does the government know that there are still hostages inside? Should they send in the swat or special troops to kill the terrorists. 

I don't get Lydia is she one of the terrorists? Where is Owen in the present time? 

Yea I think so too that one or all of the farm recruits are bad except Lee RIP, Alex & Ryan.

It still doesn't make sense if you watch it weekly either.

• Love 7

Here is what I think I know...

1. Lydia has her own agenda, has the drives.

2. One of the twins is working with the terrorists.

3. Owen is in prison.

4. Shelby is on Alex's side.

5. Dayana is probably bad. ( since we know she doesn't feel pain after seeing her pour the boiling water over her hand and therefore could handle whatever the terrorist would do to her)

6. Sebastian and Leon's loyalty is completely up in the air

7. Harry is probably good but it could just be that Russell Tovey is pretty much the best actor they've got and I could just be projecting. Maybe he's the ringleader.

8. Miranda is evil except it's such a retread of last season it's laughable. The only difference is the viewer knows it instead of being "surprised" it was Agent Dime Eyes. She's probably not bad at all somehow and that's why Will is willing to help her. Which also means the twin helping them is not bad either. Somehow. For...reasons.

In summation...so very confused.

Edited by Lilac2000
  • Love 3
11 hours ago, mythoughtis said:

How do we know Owen is in prison? Did I miss some important scene because I half-watch?  Half of these CIA people, friends, and family all merge together in my head as it is. 

I'm pretty sure Lydia mentioned this to Alex last week, but I half-watch too, so I could be wrong.

Totally knew the "interrogation" mission was going to end with the cadets torturing Lydia, in order to finally break Owen.  But unless they actually checked it, how do they know that really was his true alias?  Maybe that happened off screen, but I thought it would have been mentioned on some level.

I almost feel bad over how much I'm laughing over how much little faith Shelby and Nimah have in Alex now.  Granted, I don't think Ryan is much of a prize agent-wise either (or a character for that matter..), but he at least is taking baby steps, while Alex seems to be putting all of her eggs into the "Charm Owen" basket, which until the very end, was getting them nowhere.  Your hair isn't that good, Alex!

Meanwhile, back in the present, it's Alex being held prisoner (and getting Priyanka Chopra into a tanktop and all sweaty), and having to watch Dayana get tortured.  She breaks, and is then suddenly saved by Doyle, Chen, and Leon.  Yeah, at least one of them is going to be one of the terrorist.  And I definitely suspect Dayana is in on it.  She clearly can handle a lot of pain, so that stab wound is probably nothing for her.

Finally, Miranda sets up the guy who I don't even know his name to take a fall for her.  Oh, and Haas is now going to be in charge, so I'm hoping she'll return soon.  This season needs a dose of Marcia Cross.

The actor playing Sebastian is awful! He is playing angry, rather than conflicted, which is what we are to assume the character is feeling. Plus, he has NO chemistry with Tovey, who is doing the heavy lifting. Frankly, up until that moment back in their room, he just came across as delusional.

I keep wondering why they are dedicating so much time to it.  Am I supposed to be fascinated by whether or not the guy is gay?  Am I supposed to find them to be an interesting couple?  They aren't. 

• Love 3
16 hours ago, Squirrely said:

Wait, doesn't Shelby know it's Miranda? Didn't she get an email from the hacker who offed himself? I'm so lost, and still not sure why I care.

I was thinking the same thing; then I remembered that Shelby went to someone (another hacker type) last week who convinced her it wasn't Miranda, then told Miranda he'd convinced her. 

Edited by rur
  • Love 2
10 hours ago, rur said:

I was thinking the same thing; then I remembered that Shelby went to someone (another hacker type) last week who convinced her it wasn't Miranda, then told Miranda he'd convinced her. 

That was Will from last season. I wonder what the terrorists' mission is that so many people who were on the "good" side last year are on their side. There had better be an explanation. Maybe I'm naive, but IRL, normal people don't just suddenly start helping terrorists kill people.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, KaveDweller said:

That was Will from last season. I wonder what the terrorists' mission is that so many people who were on the "good" side last year are on their side. There had better be an explanation. Maybe I'm naive, but IRL, normal people don't just suddenly start helping terrorists kill people.

True- but Quantico, the show, can be counted on to do the opposite of real life.

We know the terrorists themselves are evil, so we are left to decide  if the ' previous good guys' are now bad or if there is some kind of undercover infiltration going on. At this point, there isn't a single CIA trainee or trainer that I care about.  I'm not even sure why I watch this show since I don't care about Alex,Booth, Miranda, Shelby or Nimah either. Where Is Caleb ? 

Edited by mythoughtis
  • Love 1
On 11/14/2016 at 2:33 PM, NorthstarATL said:

I thought it was an interesting technique by the show to make watching the episode feel like torture. The actor playing Sebastian is awful! He is playing angry, rather than conflicted, which is what we are to assume the character is feeling. Plus, he has NO chemistry with Tovey, who is doing the heavy lifting. Frankly, up until that moment back in their room, he just came across as delusional.

She had also just run eight miles in an earlier scene and seemed quite fresh. Alex is obviously Wonder Woman.

Probably all of them are EVIL except Ryan, Alex, Shelby, Tovey's character and one of the twins. BTW, we didn't get anything present day on the twins following last week, did we?

Is that what Sebastian was trying to do?  I didn't understand what they were trying to go for.

On 11/17/2016 at 6:39 PM, KaveDweller said:

You forget these characters are morons, Alex herself is constantly duped.

• Love 2

The show continues the tradition of getting rid of a character in the past when their future self is killed. So long Leigh...

The "got to leave because of my kids" thing has been used twice now (Natalie and Leigh). I hope the writers retire that excuse.