Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E05: Shady as F**k

• Start Topic

Well, damn!  I figured Issa and Daniel would make out, but I didn't see them going that far.  SMH because of Lawrence, but sweet Lord, Daniel's body is insane.  Knew something was going to happen in that dark studio with all that lust in the air, lol.  And that ass shot...I had to sit down.  Hope they used a condom.

As much as Issa messed up here, it just confirms to me even more that she and Lawrence need to end their relationship.  They're comfortable, but I don't think they're moving in the same direction anymore.  It's difficult, because both guys are appealing.

Surprised that Bank Teller didn't remember that Lawrence had a gf, but I do think he likes her. 

As predicted by many, Molly played herself.  Chris said it poorly, but he wasn't wrong.  Molly comes on too strong, no matter what guy she's dating.  Ugh at her going back to Jared the way she did.

I can't stand Molly's coworker.  Girl gets on my nerves.  

I love the soundtrack.  I recognized "Keep You in Mind" from BET Soul.

• Love 8
26 minutes ago, Amethyst said:

They're comfortable, but I don't think they're moving in the same direction anymore.  It's difficult, because both guys are appealing.

I think that described them in the beginning of the season but last episode felt differently.  Like they had a lull in their relationship and they worked through it which, ironically, may have made Issa more vulnerable.  That's not to say that they should stay together because what Issa did is pretty bad but I didn't feel they were on a doomed path any longer. Then again, perhaps I'm biased.  Daniel is hot but I just don't feel him and Issa.  He feels like a fantasy to her rather than the reality.

I love Molly.  She shoots herself in the foot when it comes to the early steps of a relationship but just a tad too pushy feels very real.  She either needs to curb that or fall in with the perfect guy who will go with her too.  Jared deserves better than how she treated them and yet if she dates him, Jared gets to stick around.

• Love 5

Daniel's ass and body was so distracting I forgot to be shocked about what the hell Issa was doing. I came to my senses the same time she did, staring at the lotion pump. 

I really like her with Lawrence but she clearly feels like she's settling. If it wasn't fine assed Daniel throwing a wrench into the mix, it would have been someone or something else becoming an issue. She needs to let Lawrence go. And I don't like the bank teller for him. She didn't forget he has a girlfriend but she was hoping he wouldn't remember.

• Love 7
10 minutes ago, Irlandesa said:

I think that described them in the beginning of the season but last episode felt differently.  Like they had a lull in their relationship and they worked through it which, ironically, may have made Issa more vulnerable.  That's not to say that they should stay together because what Issa did is pretty bad but I didn't feel they were on a doomed path any longer. Then again, perhaps I'm biased.  Daniel is hot but I just don't feel him and Issa.  He feels like a fantasy to her rather than the reality.

Last week was a good week for Issa and Lawrence, but I do think they're bored with each other.  It's not just the allure of something new (because new things get old) but Issa and Lawrence seem like they're at a standstill in their relationship, and they're growing apart.

• Love 3

I'm trying to justify my dislike for Issa cheating with being just fine with any plot device that gets Daniel nekkid.  Damn.

It's weird how so little we saw of the Doctor Molly was dating; just at the beginning of last week's episode.  And I was way more disappointed that didn't go far than with Chris.  There was just something about him I was not feeling so I was glad he is gone.  I do think she is treating Jared pretty shitty. 

I think the bank teller knew Lawrence had a girlfriend but figured he had already shown some interest to her approaches after their lunch together.  That barely laced frontage was screaming prowler and then the back?  Poppers my ass.  She just wanted popped.  I did like that Lawrence was simply not getting it; not just playing ego stroking games.

I think part of the problem is that Issa wants more and I think she actually wants it with Lawrence.  But they are in two different places and are barely able to bridge that gap that they get too big.  I don't think they are bored with each other so much as they are taking the strengths of each other for granted and no longer bother to mesh.  Daniel represents the past hopes in and is playing the wish fulfillment card heavy and hard.  He also is really the perfect fantasy.  All the past attractions and the current perfect chance to do over.  We all have those people or moments we let get past us and they always linger in a what if kind of way.  Daniel is giving Issa her what if moment and making it a can be opportunity. 

I don't trust him not to bug though.

I'm wondering if the men in The League as a whole have any of the same objectives as the women?  Molly sees it as the ultimate place to meet her match and mate and eventual marriage.  I wondered initially a few episodes ago if it would turn out that the men she meets are going to see it as their perfect opportunity to pick choose and take their time.  I wonder now if that is all the men are going to be like that.  Somehow I don't think she is smart enough yet to try and make things right with Jared and forget The League.  Though with Issa doing her shit with Daniel, maybe Molly will gain a little clarity and stability in her dating life.  Its kind of sad that Molly takes this League label and lets it cover things I think she might notice and pick up otherwise.  She is so all in at once it seems.  And she comes off needy and oblivious.  Plus she seems to mistake good sex with emotional intimacy. 

"Rap Rape Whistle" had me laughing pretty hard.  That whole scene in Molly's office complete with her basically kicking Issa out was hilarious.

I loved Lawrence's friend too.  The delayed reaction by Lawrence about the divorce and pre-nup being done at the same time was perfect.  I love the actor though that played the friend.  I thought he was fine when Lawrence called him at the bar previously and then saw him on Dirk Gently and I couldn't remember where I had seen him until he was back this week.  He is pretty funny on Dirk Gently as well.

• Love 3

So, let me get this straight. Chris was basically going to be a gigolo for Molly except without getting paid?

Hope they used a condom.

Unless there was some camera trickery or some fancy editing, it didn't appear that he did. He just dove right in--not that she objected obviously.

staring at the lotion pump.  

I didn't understand that moment. What was it about the lotion pump that got her attention? Did she read it as something another woman would've left there?

I'm wondering if the men in The League as a whole have any of the same objectives as the women?

Yep. The men might well be looking at it as merely a place to find an elite class of woman to screw while the women are looking for commitments leading to marriage or at least LTRs. Kind of like life in general. Maybe Molly should consider going to a matchmaking service...

Edited by Joimiaroxeu
  • Love 1

't understand that moment. What was it about the lotion pump that got her attention? Did she read it as something another woman would've left there?

When Issa and Lawrence were shopping in the last episode they came across the bickering married couple arguing over lotion dispensers and made fun of it. Seeing the dispenser reminded her of Lawrence.

• Love 12

I think Daniel represented a long-standing itch that Issa needed to scratch.  Her "what if?" has now been answered.  On a shallow note, while I think the actor has a great body, I don't think he's all that.  Nice teeth though. 

I also didn't mind that the bank teller was trying to get with Lawrence.  Sure, he has a girlfriend but he's not married so, in that sense, he's a free man.

Having said that, I do like Issa and Lawrence together and I hope they can work out their issues once they find out about their infidelities (because I'm pretty sure he's going to get with the teller in retaliation).

Molly bugs the shit out of me, and so I don't care about her dating life AT ALL.   

7 hours ago, Ohwell said:

I also didn't mind that the bank teller was trying to get with Lawrence.  Sure, he has a girlfriend but he's not married so, in that sense, he's a free man.

Free... yes legally. But it's just a bad idea. A man with a girlfriend isn't free from potential drama if he decides to explore other options. I'm guessing we'll have a good example of the kinda mess this freedom can lead to since Issa's decided to explore things with her "what if" after already reconciling with her man.  And trust me, I understand the need to scratch an itch when Daniel's got body like that. You're always gonna wonder if you made the right choice.  I'm excited to see where this goes. 

• Love 2
55 minutes ago, FoxyBrown said:

Free... yes legally. But it's just a bad idea. A man with a girlfriend isn't free from potential drama if he decides to explore other options. I'm guessing we'll have a good example of the kinda mess this freedom can lead to since Issa's decided to explore things with her "what if" after already reconciling with her man.  And trust me, I understand the need to scratch an itch when Daniel's got body like that. You're always gonna wonder if you made the right choice.  I'm excited to see where this goes. 

I'm assuming that bank teller would go into the relationship with eyes wide open, and would have sense enough to expect some potential drama.  All I'm saying is that she wouldn't be doing anything "wrong" because he isn't married.  

• Love 2
19 hours ago, Irlandesa said:

I love Molly.  She shoots herself in the foot when it comes to the early steps of a relationship but just a tad too pushy feels very real.  She either needs to curb that or fall in with the perfect guy who will go with her too.  Jared deserves better than how she treated them and yet if she dates him, Jared gets to stick around.

It makes sense for someone as professionally successful as Molly is, too. Pushy works in corporate America. The way to get ahead professionally is to be pushy, be assertive, "take initiative," start doing the work for the next rung up the ladder and wait for someone to notice. You can't do that with relationships though - you can't push your way into a relationship promotion.

Issa, GIRL. (Daniel's face doesn't do it for me, but that body GODDAMN.) I agree that he's a fantasy. I think he'd cut and run when shit got real, and Lawrence is more of a ride or die kind of dude. But it may be that they've just grown apart - like they're in a "fish or cut bait" kind of place. I think this will be the end of them  I don't think she'll end up with Daniel, but I think this will break them up.

• Love 3
3 hours ago, Ohwell said:

I'm assuming that bank teller would go into the relationship with eyes wide open, and would have sense enough to expect some potential drama.  All I'm saying is that she wouldn't be doing anything "wrong" because he isn't married.  

I don't think marriage really changes things.  Either she's ethically compromised for going after someone involved in a relationship with another woman or she's not.  Living together and marriage may involve different steps but both they're both serious commitments.  And they'd be promises he has to keep. 

• Love 15
3 hours ago, Ohwell said:

I never understood this stance. No one should be going after someone else's man or woman. It is wrong. It's like people who joke that people getting married are just now off the market and not a single man/woman now. No one in a committed relationship is single. The moment I find out someone I might be interested in is attached, then I'm no longer interested. If you become single, as in actually single, then that's something different. 

• Love 21

The men might well be looking at it as merely a place to find an elite class of woman to screw while the women are looking for commitments leading to marriage or at least LTRs.

Molly is just inept at dating. It's as if she can't hear herself saying all the things that every girlfriend, auntie and self help book tells you not to say. I'm so rooting for her!

Damn Daniel! 

I get Lawrence taking a job so Issa isn't the only one working but it's as if he's lost all motivation. He can develop an app on his off days and off hours. When your life is stagnant you lose things to talk about, when you don't have anything to talk about with your partner things can get routine and boring.

Edited by Drumpf1737
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, Empress1 said:

Issa, GIRL. (Daniel's face doesn't do it for me, but that body GODDAMN.) I agree that he's a fantasy. I think he'd cut and run when shit got real, and Lawrence is more of a ride or die kind of dude. But it may be that they've just grown apart - like they're in a "fish or cut bait" kind of place. I think this will be the end of them  I don't think she'll end up with Daniel, but I think this will break them up.

Daniel got some stroke in his back ... And yes Gawd to that body, but Lawrence is cuter to me. I would be surprised if this didn't break them up, unless Issa flips the script and has Lawrence be the traditional 'woman' role and forgive her. I doubt it, though. They're clearly bored with each other. Or, at least Issa is. But Lawrence represents comfort. He's the job she's outgrown but is too scared to leave.

I'm not here for pushing up on people in relationships. Not only is it foul, but why choose to deal with all of that drama? Plus I think it shows a lack of self-respect and esteem. It's as if you think that you're not worthy of a man/woman who's completely into you and wouldn't have to stash you like some secret.

• Love 8
11 hours ago, Irlandesa said:

I don't think marriage really changes things.  Either she's ethically compromised for going after someone involved in a relationship with another woman or she's not.  Living together and marriage may involve different steps but both they're both serious commitments.  And they'd be promises he has to keep. 

11 hours ago, Racj82 said:

I never understood this stance. No one should be going after someone else's man or woman. It is wrong. It's like people who joke that people getting married are just now off the market and not a single man/woman now. No one in a committed relationship is single. The moment I find out someone I might be interested in is attached, then I'm no longer interested. If you become single, as in actually single, then that's something different. 

Hmmm........I find it interesting that no mention is made of Daniel having just fucked Issa, knowing she has a boyfriend.  I guess it's only the woman who is in the wrong is she goes after another woman's boyfriend.  Got it.

• Love 2

While both Daniel and Tasha were wrong, I believe it's the responsibility of the people in the relationship to maintain the integrity of the relationship. Tasha doesn't owe Issa anything and Daniel doesn't owe Lawrence anything. Their partners do. 

So to me, the bad behavior list is like this, from worst to best: Issa, Daniel, Tasha, Lawrence (who did nothing wrong).

• Love 4

Personally, I think they're all wrong as hell, with the possible exception of Lawrence. (Not sure yet if he has integrity or just isn't that tempted by Boobs McBatteries.) Cheating is skeevy, whether you're the one in the relationship or not. 

Just curious, Empress1, why you consider Tasha (is that her name?) less culpable than Daniel? Is it because he actually went through with having sex with someone else's partner, or some other reason?

• Love 3
23 hours ago, Ohwell said:

Hmmm........I find it interesting that no mention is made of Daniel having just fucked Issa, knowing she has a boyfriend.  I guess it's only the woman who is in the wrong is she goes after another woman's boyfriend.  Got it.

Do you, though?  Speaking specifically about my reply, I was responding to your comments about Tisha and Tisha alone.  Throwing Daniel into this argument when neither  you or I said anything about him feels unfair. 

Another thing I didn't say was that Tisha was in the wrong.  I basically said that I didn't think Lawrence's marital status should make a difference in how we perceive her actions.  

For the record ,  as I said, it's ultimately up to Lawrence and Issa to honor their commitment to one another. And while I don't know if I'd go as far as saying either were wrong, I have no problem saying I don't think it's necessarily cool to actively pursue people in other relationships.

But with Tisha, I'm not sure if she knew he had a girlfriend or if she just thought she was responding of vibes he was putting out.

• Love 6
On Tuesday, November 08, 2016 at 10:03 AM, Ohwell said:

Umm saying no one should be going after someone in a relationship implies that he's wrong too. I thought that would go without saying.

• Love 4

Molly turns me into one of those people who talks to the screen.   Noooooo, girl, you did not just say that?!! fishing rod reel it back it right quick.   Ooooh yall when Chris said it sounded like you could use a win?   I swear I turned into Miss Millie and reared back along with Molly and just eyeballed him.    When she's on the phone with Jared and officemate (what's her name btw?) comes in and says is that Chris?  I thought, that's not real life.  Don't no grown woman see that you're on the phone and then start talking?

Can we please talk about the Jared matter?   So we know that he's supposed to represent this thing that Molly doesn't have to work so hard to achieve in a relationship right?  She's been looking around and he was here all the tiiiiiiiiime.  Yes?  Do we think the only reason she's fighting it is because of the educational then economic disparity?  Does it bother her, her or bother her that she thinks her friends are/will be bothered?  Do we think she should keep fighting it?   If he cleans up well do we think she should try *fixing him* or leave him be until or unless he says conversate one day?   Women who marry (excuse the term) beneath their station - thoughts?

I might be mashing episodes so forgive me if so, but Molly getting her boss to talk to ole girl about not fitting into the office *culture* and the look on the girl's face when she passed the conference room was everything.   My dude was all:  don't you feel bad for her?  I said absofuckinglutely not.  Molly tried to pull her collar and that lady chicken necked and finger wagged her into minding her own business.   Enjoy that. 

Tasha.  I'm not a big fan of obvious so she lost me with the first tig bitties display but when you add her voice/way of speaking?  Nope.  Though I think it is/can be problematic to pursue someone you know is in a relationship, the accompanying issues concern me more (1) you know they're unavailable and you don't care (I don't even mean this in a you have a responsibility to the innocent party, as someone said upthread, that's their partner's job) I mean that you want to be with someone who would willingly and easily hurt the person they (supposedly) care about* by being with you?  (2)  because of one, how would you ever even build trust?   (3) the things you have to do/say to be unfaithful or help someone else be unfaithful is grimy and that grime gets all over your *relationship*.    The way each of Daniel and Tasha look, they wouldn't have any trouble getting a fully available man/woman of their own.   Matta fack, have them meet.   

*so the alternate perspective I promised I'd tell ya'll is:  there is no consciousness in the moment of infidelity, you're not considering your partner or how they would feel because cheating is inherently selfish, so intention simply doesn't apply.   <--- bunch of bullshit but I promised him I'd say it.

More opposing thoughts in the Wilder household:  one of us thought Lawrence and Daniel's butt shots were completely and unnecessarily obligatory.  The other thought they were pivotal to demonstrating varying levels of comfort/awkwardness and intimacy and advanced the plot.  lol.

We talked about whether or not Issa and Lawrence will break up.   He said how is Lawrence supposed to find out he cheated?  I said the guilt kind of looked written all over her face, she's gonna tell him.   He said she won't, she just changed her mind about them being together.   And they both love the couch.   What ya'll think? 

I'd stop dead in my tracks to watch Jidenna do anything.  I'm torn.  That s curl/light bright/green eyes thing is a solid no thanks, but African men that I can't tell are African?  inexplicable swoon.  

Busted out laughing moments:

black and yellow, black and yellow 

rap rape whistle

Achilles dick

• Love 2
10 hours ago, ZaldamoWilder said:

Can we please talk about the Jared matter?   So we know that he's supposed to represent this thing that Molly doesn't have to work so hard to achieve in a relationship right?  She's been looking around and he was here all the tiiiiiiiiime.  Yes?  Do we think the only reason she's fighting it is because of the educational then economic disparity?  Does it bother her, her or bother her that she thinks her friends are/will be bothered?  Do we think she should keep fighting it?   If he cleans up well do we think she should try *fixing him* or leave him be until or unless he says conversate one day?   Women who marry (excuse the term) beneath their station - thoughts?

Honestly, I don't think her standards are wrong; she wants someone on the same educational/social/financial level as she is.  Many people have certain standards for what they want in a partner, whether it's looks, financial status, religion, whatever.  Imo, it becomes a problem when that's all you consider.  Take college for example.  There are utter morons who have degrees, and intelligent people who don't have them.  Do you, I guess.  

Molly's problem is that she forces the hand too early and most guys end up running.  And degree or not, that's bad.  It's easy to get swept away in the romance and lust, but it also takes more than a few dates to know if you really belong with someone.  There's nothing wrong with feeling things out.  I wonder if she could filter out guys from the League who are only looking to casually date, and better her chances for something serious.

Molly's plots can be written kind of dodgy at times.  How long were she and Jared dating?  A few weeks?  I'm assuming she discussed LTRs with him?  If so, it really does make Jared look better than the rest because he stuck around.  I also find it hard to believe that Molly wouldn't know about the college thing sooner.  There's no ironclad rule for dating, but that's pretty basic "date conversation" stuff in the beginning; childhood, family, schooling, career, etc.  And for someone who gets to the bottom line very quickly, it seems OOC for Molly not to know a detail like that.  She probably assumed he had attended college.

Fwiw, I don't think Molly would have cared that much in the end.  It was her friends' reaction that planted the doubts, and spurred her on to date guys in the League.  Not trying to hate on Molly, because I get where she's coming from.  She's worked hard to get where she is and ultimately wants a partner to reflect her success.  When her bougie friends went all judgy, Molly learned firsthand how other people might react to her new boyfriend.  

As for your other question, I don't see how Jared needs "fixing."  He's an attractive, affable man who can hold a conversation, and he really likes Molly.  He doesn't feel one way or the other about college; it wasn't for him, but he doesn't judge those who did go and gain something from it.  I liked how he conducted himself there, because he could've been a total ass, or gone on the defense.  That implies that he's fine with who he is.  But if Molly did try to change him, I can see him breaking it off then and there.

So we know that he's supposed to represent this thing that Molly doesn't have to work so hard to achieve in a relationship right?  She's been looking around and he was here all the tiiiiiiiiime.  Yes? 

That's my issue.  I think that's implied, but it feels more clichéd than earned.  Jared's college status and his bond with Molly aren't mutually exclusive.  Jared is good for Molly because they vibe well together and enjoy each other's company.  But I'm getting a whiff of "Tyler Perry" in the whole thing; the rich and successful League guys end up being jerks and the blue collar guy ends up being the One.  It's just too one-dimensional for me.  Too bad for Molly and Jidenna, because they were interesting pair, and it was nice to see Molly have another option besides Jared.  I didn't like Jidenna's savior complex on their last date, but he was headed down the same road as the other guys.  I hope Molly sees how she may be unintentionally sabotaging her relationships, instead of just running back to Jared.

11 hours ago, ZaldamoWilder said:

I might be mashing episodes so forgive me if so, but Molly getting her boss to talk to ole girl about not fitting into the office *culture* and the look on the girl's face when she passed the conference room was everything.   My dude was all:  don't you feel bad for her?  I said absofuckinglutely not.  Molly tried to pull her collar and that lady chicken necked and finger wagged her into minding her own business.   Enjoy that. 

I'm torn on this one.  Rasheeda had told Molly that she didn't "switch it up" in law school or in the interview.  If that was the case, then I think the hiring people pulled a bit of a bait and switch on Rasheeda.  Why hire her if they didn't like her personality?  

No beef with Molly here.  She handled the situation perfectly, and it was kind of her to warn Rasheeda about her behavior.  But rme at the hiring managers acting brand new when Rasheeda showed her real self during the interview.  Hell, for all Molly knew, Rasheeda's personality was part of the reason she was hired.  

• Love 2
9 hours ago, Amethyst said:

But I'm getting a whiff of "Tyler Perry" in the whole thing; the rich and successful League guys end up being jerks and the blue collar guy ends up being the One.  It's just too one-dimensional for me.  Too bad for Molly and Jidenna, because they were interesting pair, and it was nice to see Molly have another option besides Jared.  I didn't like Jidenna's savior complex on their last date, but he was headed down the same road as the other guys.  I hope Molly sees how she may be unintentionally sabotaging her relationships, instead of just running back to Jared.

I do think that some of the people Molly has dated have been jerks.  But while I didn't like the savior complex, as you say, of the last guy, he wasn't being a jerk.  He was likely feeling pressured by how fast Molly seemed to be moving and that may have led him to back off eventually but I don't think that would make him a jerk.

I think it makes for an interesting conundrum.  Yes, Molly ends up sabotaging relationships because of how fast she pushes but that's not sabotaging a relationship by being a bad person.  It's sabotaging a relationship by not playing the dating game correctly.  It's not completely unlike the code switch conversation she had with Rasheeda. 

So she could try to act differently.  But there's something to be said about finding someone who you vibe with and isn't put off by quirks.

9 hours ago, Amethyst said:

But rme at the hiring managers acting brand new when Rasheeda showed her real self during the interview.

Rasheeda may think she didn't "switch it up" in the interview but I don't quite believe her.  Pretty much everyone has interview behavior that is hard to keep up in the day-to-day job.  People feel more comfortable at work.  Make jokes.  Talk about things they don't address in an interview.  And yes, she may have shown some personality in the interview but  it was likely  dialed down to an extent because of the circumstances.

• Love 3
On 11/12/2016 at 9:37 AM, Irlandesa said:

I do think that some of the people Molly has dated have been jerks.  But while I didn't like the savior complex, as you say, of the last guy, he wasn't being a jerk.  He was likely feeling pressured by how fast Molly seemed to be moving and that may have led him to back off eventually but I don't think that would make him a jerk.

IA.  I didn't think Jidenna was a jerk at all, just that some of the other guys Molly dated were jerks.

Rasheeda may think she didn't "switch it up" in the interview but I don't quite believe her.  Pretty much everyone has interview behavior that is hard to keep up in the day-to-day job.  People feel more comfortable at work.  Make jokes.  Talk about things they don't address in an interview.  And yes, she may have shown some personality in the interview but  it was likely  dialed down to an extent because of the circumstances.

I think that could have been the case.  Unfortunately, Rasheeda is a bit of an unreliable narrator.  She may have subconsciously dialed it down for the interview.  Or if she didn't, the hiring managers thought she would dial it down eventually, and she never did.

On 11/12/2016 at 0:38 AM, Amethyst said:

As for your other question, I don't see how Jared needs "fixing."  He's an attractive, affable man who can hold a conversation, and he really likes Molly.  He doesn't feel one way or the other about college; it wasn't for him, but he doesn't judge those who did go and gain something from it.  I liked how he conducted himself there, because he could've been a total ass, or gone on the defense.  That implies that he's fine with who he is.  But if Molly did try to change him, I can see him breaking it off then and there.

Agreed but she knew all of that when she friend zoned him.  From her perspective she may think she can turn him into the kind of guy whose "flaw" cannot be detected, as that educational thing seems to be part of the litmus in her circle that determines how suitable a mate a man is (on paper).

On 11/12/2016 at 10:37 AM, Irlandesa said:

This.  I think of an interview as the most reserved part of a job, it's hardly a setting that would present an opportunity to turn up. 

• Love 1

This might be a stupid thing to nitpick considering the major stuff that happened in this episode, but Issa and Molly kept saying they didn't know who posted that video. Why didn't they try contacting the user on YouTube? I know there's no guarantee that they would reply or take the video down, but it's a start and it seems a little more productive than trying to track down every person who was in the club that night.

• Love 1

I feel like we finally learned something about Lawrence's business... kind of. He has some kind of background in computers and he was pitching an app... that did a thing. But more than that, I feel like we actually spent time with that actor and he got to be charming and it got me a little more invested in his relationship with Issa. But then they did one of my new least favorite things in a show with a couple that's having trouble or where one person wants out. It's so dramatically uninteresting. There are two people in the relationship. Both people will have a chance to cheat, though the level of culpability, etc. varies. One person says yes. One person says no. If the protagonist is the person who says no, then they get to have all the righteous indignation and be redeemed even if they were emotionally cheating or doing some other shady stuff unrelated to having an affair. If the partner is the one who says no, then there are more possibilities but it usually leads to a lot of guilt and secrets and then a breakup. It doesn't even matter who cheats. I'm so bored with this construct. This is not how real life works. Also, bank teller girl, I'm not interested in shaming anyone but even if you were going with the intention of flirting, why are you dressing like that in a Best Buy? Jesus.

I still have no idea where they're going with that one student... I think they said her name was Denise? What is her deal?

Daniel is hot but I just don't feel him and Issa.  He feels like a fantasy to her rather than the reality.

Yeah... I feel like he's objectively attractive but not in a way I find appealing which might be why I find him dull. I don't really go for bodies that are so built and muscular they look like action figures. It weirds me out. I feel like other female protagonist shows would go all out on the fantasy... make it explicitly about her wanting some kind of fairytale or rom-com romance. Or he would just contract Perfect Boyfriend Syndrome all of a sudden. But that's not what's happening here. I think she's using him as a tool for her own dissatisfaction. Sure, he's supportive about music, but not to an excessive degree and not in contrast with Lawrence probably if she gave him the chance. And yeah, he went to work to apologize and to Career Day and he was romancing her a bit on the couch but none of that reads as pure fantasy. And in the studio, I felt like it was inescapably clear that he was putting the moves on her knowing she's in a committed relationship. 

I'm wondering if the men in The League as a whole have any of the same objectives as the women?  Molly sees it as the ultimate place to meet her match and mate and eventual marriage.  I wondered initially a few episodes ago if it would turn out that the men she meets are going to see it as their perfect opportunity to pick choose and take their time.  I wonder now if that is all the men are going to be like that.  

I don't know how the show will play it but I think it's safe to assume some guys will actually want to settle down. Right now what it seems to be doing is exposing the fact that Molly has her own issues. It's not that she hasn't been dating in the right caliber... or league, if you will, of guys. They aren't all jerks. She's scaring them off. 

Agreed. He didn't put it the best way and Molly certainly didn't take it well but I don't even think the gesture was that bad. He interpreted her pushing him about the party as her being desperate to have a plus one. So he thought he'd show up and play the part... maybe so her co-workers wouldn't feel sorry for her or something. If Molly had been that pitiful it might have seemed like a sweet gesture but instead it made her feel pitiful.