Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E03: A Matter Of Trust

Tara Ariano
  • Start Topic

Yeah, but we don't know for sure because nobody bothered to write it into the actual show. At SDCC, the journos kept asking Echo and Emily about PT -- lol, poor innocent journos who thought storylines kept going from one season to another -- and neither of them had no idea, because there was nothing in the scripts about it.

• Love 3
1 minute ago, Hiveminder said:

I don't know why they would need to write it into the show. Curtis has worked at PT since he showed up. Why would I assume he doesn't anymore?

He seems to be spending all of his time in the multiple Arrow caves. When does he go to work? Is it affecting his job? Does his new boss who isn't Felicity realize he's been awol a lot? That's pretty basic characterization 101.

• Love 10
1 hour ago, dtissagirl said:

He seems to be spending all of his time in the multiple Arrow caves. When does he go to work? Is it affecting his job? Does his new boss who isn't Felicity realize he's been awol a lot? That's pretty basic characterization 101.

Those would be good questions if I cared about Curtis, but I've seen no reason to assume there's been any change in his employment status. This show has always played it loose with regards to how the vigilantes fit their vigilantism into their day from the very first episode. I mean, how did Oliver manage to get back across the street from Adam Hunt's building, out of his leather costume, and back into his suit with enough time to greet the cops without a wrinkle in his suit or a stray bit of grease paint on his face?  Plot contrivance, that's how. 

• Love 3

But that's just it, the question is not really about just Curtis. It's about all these characters. The writers don't even bother to provide small details like where the heck people get their money — or why Felicity is still dressing up like a boss or where Oliver actually lives because his security detail can't be watching from out side the bunker — because they don't care about their characters enough. They're just there to move the plot. 

Edited by SmallScreenDiva
  • Love 19
33 minutes ago, SmallScreenDiva said:

But that's just it, the question is not really about just Curtis. It's about all these characters. The writers don't even bother to provide small details like where the heck people get their money — or why Felicity is still dressing up like a boss or where Oliver actually lives because his security detail can't be watching from out side the bunker — because they don't care about their characters enough. They're just there to move the plot. 

Yes, yes, yes! Those are very valid questions that we, as viewers, need answers to. It could be as simple as a throwaway line. Aside from Curtis and the Boobs, who I don't really care about, what does Felicity tell Mr Mayo? Sure she is still the majority shareholders but if you don't have a daily job WHY dress is a Roland Mouret outfit?** (Even though wowza!!) 

** actually scratch that. Sometimes when people lose their job they try to retain a semblance of daily routine. This dress though? Heart eyes. 

Edited by RussianRoulette
I want that dress! My husband is on the hunt
  • Love 2

It's all symptomatic of terribad characterization, almost non-existent character-driven moments, and the fact that this show still wastes 25% of its screentime on flashbacks that are still irrelevant to present time happenings. Are the flashbacks about four billion times better this season? Yes. Do they still rob precious time from the present time narrative that could be used to develop characters and relationships. Fuck yes. They're also still making it so the scenes don't have any time to breathe, because the show is still edited towards transitions to flashback land. Character moments, character development actively help balance the pacing of the show. Arrow doesn't seem to do that so much, because characters are not as important as plot.

• Love 18
25 minutes ago, SmallScreenDiva said:

The Felicity clothing stuff, and particularly the shoes, is really bugging me because a) yeah, she doesn't need to dress up like a corporate executive/hot model when the only people she's hanging out with are the generally casually dressed people in the Arrow Cave - including Oliver, who yes, sports the occasional business suit, but is also often dressing down to T shirt level, b) her wardrobe, particularly the shoes, is actively dangerous since it makes it harder for her to run/move, and no, I can't excuse this with "she's safe in the Arrow Cave," since we just saw the Arrow Cave attacked last season, Malcolm Merlyn apparently can just waltz into it whenever he feels like it, and as Rene just pointed out, the people who built the elevator presumably know that something is down there, so yeah, the Arrow Cave could be attacked at any time, and she should be dressed for it. For another thing, it's very possible that she might have to leave the Arrow Cave and go help rescue a Team Arrow person at any point - something, again, she did as recently as last season.  They've made a huge point that all four of these guys are new and not sure about what they are doing and therefore could easily be injured/killed. She should be dressed to be ready for that.

It was one thing when she was working for QC and PT, since she had to dress for the part there and presumably didn't have time to change into something before starting up her work at the Arrow Cave. It's another thing this season.  It's particularly aggravating because Arrow had her in flattering yet practical clothing in the first season and sorta in the second season, and even put her into the occasional casual outfit last season - jeans and so on. 

Thea's outfits are bugging me on the completely opposite level - about 75% of them are inappropriate for a mayoral office job and need to be less casual/designer.

And look, I get that Arrow and Flash are using Felicity, Thea, Iris and Caitlin to show off designer clothing, which is helping with the show's budget. But the wardrobe choices for all four of them are often so inappropriate that they are throwing me out of the show. And it's unnecessary. Both shows do have scenes where designer clothing would be fine - I had no problem with Iris choosing a hot dress for her second date with Barry, for instance. That made sense in character. But in other scenes, they should be dressed for the scene.

It's particularly aggravating because Arrow and Flash are perfectly capable of doing this - as we just saw in their last two episodes. Susan was dressed professionally and appropriately for a TV journalist, and Evelyn's casual clothing was just fine and worked for her character, as was everything Jesse was wearing. And last year, Arrow did manage to find some professional and flattering yet practical clothing for Laurel (full credit to Katie Cassidy there, who I think had a lot of beneficial impact on Laurel's wardrobe). So it can be done, and it's aggravating when it isn't done.

• Love 18

The lack of casual wear - t-shirt, jeans, tennis shoes, flats, low-heeled boots - for women on television is one of my HUGE pet peeves. 

That is all. 

Edited by bethy
because there is more than one kind of acceptable casual shoe even if I only wear one
  • Love 16
27 minutes ago, quarks said:

It's particularly aggravating because Arrow had her in flattering yet practical clothing in the first season and sorta in the second season, and even put her into the occasional casual outfit last season - jeans and so on. 

They've actually had her in cute, practical clothing twice in the last 2 episodes, when Felicity was hanging out with the newbies in the HIVE base in 503 and when she was in the bunker with Oliver in 502. So yeah, it can definitely be done. 

Screen Shot 2016-10-19 at 11.02.48 AM.png

Screen Shot 2016-10-20 at 11.04.40 AM.png

Edited by SmallScreenDiva
  • Love 6
2 hours ago, RussianRoulette said:

Yes, yes, yes! Those are very valid questions that we, as viewers, need answers to. It could be as simple as a throwaway line. Aside from Curtis and the Boobs, who I don't really care about, what does Felicity tell Mr Mayo? Sure she is still the majority shareholders but if you don't have a daily job WHY dress is a Roland Mouret outfit?** (Even though wowza!!) 

** actually scratch that. Sometimes when people lose their job they try to retain a semblance of daily routine. This dress though? Heart eyes. 

I 've always assumed that Starling City has some amazing sales, and Felicity is their queen.

Re. the high heels - even though I hate movies and tv shows where women wear skyscraper heels while the guys are always comfy, I think it's unavoidable, because EBR is so tiny, and to get her in an eyeline with SA without getting out the apple crate each time, she has to be wearing heels.

Remember the fake wedding episode? Felicity was standing next to Oliver, having taken her shoes off, and I thought 'Wait, is she kneeling? What's going on?' Then I realized, she really is that short. There's not always going to be a handy stair to stand on, I guess.

1 hour ago, Tara Ariano said:

In case you missed it, here's the Previously.TV post on the episode!

2016-10-20-arrow-header.jpg

Just quoted for the screenshot of Baby Canary - what emotion! What expression! ACTING! She's being out-emoted by the hockey mask.

Re. the episode as a whole: eh. Just imagine an expansive shrug.

There's a weird sound problem at the beginning, when Oliver and Thea are arguing in his office (I think it's his office), where their voices are echoing like a motherfucker. Seriously, who did the sound for that part? Did they let the intern do it on a Friday afternoon, and everyone else went off to do whatever you do for fun in Vancouver?

More seriously, I noticed the same thing happening, to a lesser degree in LoT's latest episode. Nothing like breaking the willing suspension of disbelief and reminding the audience that you're filming in the same set with terrible acoustics!

I was tempted to ffd through the Diggle parts, like a poster said they do upthread, but then I powered through them, which I regretted when I came to the "Tell John Jr I love him" part. Fuck you, Barry.

I'd like for the cliche to be subverted, and the new DA to not be the bad guy - I want us to really never see it coming. Come on, MG - surprise us!

• Love 7
9 hours ago, bijoux said:

The Deadshot reveal got me not just because of Flashpoint, but because I do find it believable that he would still be alive given that we have never seen his body. I don't know, this storyline is progressively bugging me more and more. While I am all for Oliver jumping in to help Dig and Lyla going to him for a team up, I'm annoyed that I am apparently supposed to forget that Lyla is the head of Argus and has some serious clout. They're acting like she's, I don't know, Laurel. And this is not a dig against Laurel, but an ADA could realistically do nothing when it comes to the US armed forces. Lyla's position is vastly different. Or has she lost that along with baby Sara in the Flashpoint?

I cant bring myself to go back and check, but I have a vague memory of Lyla getting demoted after a bunch of her guys got killed at the end of last season.  Anyone else remember something like that?

• Love 1
13 minutes ago, bijoux said:

I don't, but that really doesn't mean it didn't happen. It's definitely possible.

I remember a moment last season with Lyla in the Bunker and thinking, yay, maybe she could move to the team full time but I don't really remember the context.

• Love 1
13 minutes ago, morakot said:

THANK you! I thought I was the only one who saw that. (Mind you, still more passionate and effective than the previous DA...)

It completely distracted me during the beginning of the scene when he tells how Oliver stole his girlfriend. At first I thought he was leaning against the wall of the elevator and just straightened up awkwardly, but then he kept moving like that. 

Maybe his girlfriend just didn't want to have to hide her laughter every time she saw him walk anymore. 

• Love 12

I have one request of this series (okay, a thousand, but just one for now) - NO MORE R NAMES! Every time they said "Rory" I heard "Roy" and got confused because I thought they'd named them the same and it made no sense to me. Then there's Rene, Ray (and I confess that every time Stein calls him Raymond I think of Ronnie Raymond). And Flash recurring villain Roy G. Bivolo and it's enough R's, okay?

• Love 11

And in LoT: don't forget Mick Rory, who frequently gets called by his surname, and how Arthur Darvill gets referred to as Rory because of his role on Doctor Who. Thankfully, one imagines that Ruve is gone for good, or else we would have a real problem.

• Love 5

Yeah, whenever I see someone write Rory I have to stop and look at the context, because in the Arrowverse there are two guys (Rag Man and Heatwave) with the name and one actor (Arthur Darvill) associated with it, so I don't always know at first which one they are talking about.

I'll admit they got me with Deadshot. I wasn't thinking about Flashpoint, I just assumed that because we didn't SEE him die or see his body, there was  no reason they couldn't bring him back. Even though I should have known better considering the only reason they killed him in the first place is because of the SS movie and I doubt that edict from DC has gone away.

Wild Dog has shown himself to be tough (seriously, an arrow to the leg and he's up and bouncing around rooftops in short order? He and Roy could start a club) but impulsive. If anyone from the Arrowlings dies it'll almost certainly be him. Evelyn...is just there. I'm not entirely sure why. If she were still acting as the Canary I'd say it was to fulfill Laurel's dying wish but that doesn't seem to be the case here. Curtis, I have to degree with some of you. I know the actor is doing his best but the more I see him the less I care. Rag Man is the only one I am particularly interested in and he also seems to be the only one they do not want to spend much time with, especially since his recent talk with Felicity might drive him away. Not that it was entirely her fault (partly, yes, but most of it falls on Dark) but I would find it difficult to hang around someone who helped incinerate my hometown.

• Love 1
On 10/20/2016 at 10:02 AM, ComicFan777 said:

I think one thing that bothered me was that it never crossed Oliver's mind that Rory being from Havenrock might be difficult for Felicity - at least not that I noticed.  I know that she doesn't talk about personal things with him, but as soon as Curtis heard Rory was from Havenrock, he asked Felicity specifically about it.  I had hoped that Oliver was perceptive enough to wonder if this might be difficult for her when he asked Rory to join the team.  For the last few episodes, we've seen Felicity be really mindful and thoughtful of what might be troubling Oliver, and she prompts him to open up to her.  It would be nice to see it reciprocated in the future.

Not just difficult, but potentially dangerous to Felicity.  Ragman first entered the show as someone who was killing people (Amertek execs) he considered responsible for the destruction of his hometown and death of his family. So did Oliver ever stop to consider that Rory would inevitably find out about Felicity's role in nuking Havenrock and maybe go after her life?  Also, Felicity only knew that Rory was from Havenrock because she overheard his conversation with Oliver via comms, which means that Oliver never told her about Rory's origins. That shows an unacceptable level of thoughtlessness on Oliver's part for a woman he supposedly loves.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 14
11 minutes ago, tv echo said:

Also, Felicity only knew that Rory was from Havenrock because she overheard his conversation with Oliver via comms, which means that Oliver never warned her about Rory's origins. That shows an unacceptable level of thoughtlessness on Oliver's part for a woman he supposedly loves.

Did he somehow not know she was listening? I thought that's why he asked if she was okay when he got back to the lair. 

I agree that it was kind of thoughtless, but he still did the right thing. Felicity wasn't going to be any safer with Rory running around NOT on the team - and it's not like Rory had any way of knowing that Felicity had any hand in Havenrock unless Felicity had told him herself - which she did, knowing full well what Rory was capable of.

• Love 2

What if Oliver actually saw that Felicity was in avoidance mode supreme and also did it to get her to react and process her trauma? It would still be a hell of a risky decision, but could maybe make for interesting TV.

• Love 1
29 minutes ago, bijoux said:

What if Oliver actually saw that Felicity was in avoidance mode supreme and also did it to get her to react and process her trauma? It would still be a hell of a risky decision, but could maybe make for interesting TV.

I doubt it was anything other than an oversight on the writers' part to how it would look, because all they wanted was to a) get Rory on the team and b) kick off Felicity's Havenrock arc - and in true Arrow fashion probably wanted to do both in as little time as possible. 

I just...how would Oliver know that Felicity was having any issues with Havenrock whatsoever? Seems like since the finale she's been going about her life as usual, and she specifically mentioned that this is the kind of thing that she doesn't talk to Oliver about anymore, so yeah...insensitive, but not totally shitty (like, Oliver not going to visit her in the hospital? Utterly, totally shitty).

And I love Felicity - the things I love most about her are her strength and her unwillingness to take any kind of shit, especially from Oliver. I dislike the idea that she needs to be coddled or babied or tiptoed around when she's perfectly capable of sticking up for herself and saying if something makes her uncomfortable. Especially not when it doesn't seem as if she's given any kind of indication to anyone that this is something she's struggling with - and when she's the one who decided on her own to let Rory know about the part she played in Genesis. I mean, Oliver probably feels like the rest of us do - that she didn't have a choice, and those deaths aren't her fault. He has no way of knowing she doesn't feel that way - or that she's mired in guilt about it.

Edited by apinknightmare
  • Love 8

Oliver was the one who told her she didn't have to be funny for him when she tried to make light of the Noah debacle, so he's well acquainted with her coping mechanisms and could (should) be able to spotthat she's not dealing with Havenrock, but sweeping it under the rug. I don't think it's how it will play out and completely agree that the writers just did it to get their chess pieces into the desired spots. I just feel it could work if they gave thought to it.

• Love 9
13 minutes ago, bijoux said:

Oliver was the one who told her she didn't have to be funny for him when she tried to make light of the Noah debacle, so he's well acquainted with her coping mechanisms and could (should) be able to spotthat she's not dealing with Havenrock, but sweeping it under the rug. I don't think it's how it will play out and completely agree that the writers just did it to get their chess pieces into the desired spots. I just feel it could work if they gave thought to it.

I think it's one thing to know something's probably bothering a person and to recognize they're deflecting, and another to guess at it when they haven't indicated there's anything wrong in the first place. I think it makes sense from what we know of Oliver that he might not think about Felicity harboring any guilt and beating herself up over it, since that's the kind of thing that he would do. 

I'll wait to judge until we see how the arc plays out - if Oliver's allowed to be there for her at all - but as of now I think I prefer him just not considering that it would be an issue because she hasn't acted as if it is one, rather than trying to rattle her by bringing a Havenrock survivor on the team to get her to open up about it, haha. But I agree with you - I'd like it if there were a little more to it than there seems to be.

Edited by apinknightmare
  • Love 7
19 minutes ago, bijoux said:

To be completely fair, at that time, Oliver was living with Felicity and had more opportunity to tell when something's bothering her. Felicity had her guard down around Oliver back then, but now she's build up huge walls between her and Oliver in terms of how she feels. So I won't fault Oliver in not knowing. 

• Love 3

We also really don't know if Felicity has been having trouble dealing with Havenrock, but has been hiding it super well from everyone, OR if she repressed it completely, and has just been triggered by Rory showing up. Because that hasn't been shown.

• Love 10

As usual, the writing on this show is about as subtle as a sledgehammer but I enjoyed it far more than the previous two.  I said this show was being destroyed by the mysticism bullshit and I stand by it. I like the actor playing Rags Man but, really? A man in thousand year old rags that can use them to attack people? Give me a break. It's so ridiculous. In the team takedown at the end, I was enjoying it until the stupid rags floated in. It's just so dumb.

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Gregory Smith is moderately better than BamBam but still not a director I would watch a show for.

I was happy not to be dizzy by the end of the episode. Also, I appreciated getting a break from being intimately acquainted with the actors' nostrils. But Gregory's staging of scenes is rather amateurish, IMO. It's like watching a HS play. It might be because he has to deal with so many characters but there was a whole lot of people just standing around, only moving when they have to deliver a line. I really wish Berlanti wouldn't use Arrow as his dudebros workshop. Viewers deserve better. 

• Love 4
(edited)

Between 502 and 503, Season 2 of Vixen (animated web series) was released on CW Seed. Therefore, I'm posting my transcriptions from that Vixen season as well as this episode...

Vixen 204 - Animated version of Felicity Smoak debuts (not just her voice):
Mari (over comms): "Felicity? This is how I talk to you, right?"
Felicity (over comms): "Loud and clear. Speaking of clear, the house is empty."
Mari (over comms): "We got to the big lion thing. Where do we go next?"
Felicity (over comms): "Around the back. Wow. This place is big. Keep an eye out for -"
Mari (over comms): "Guard dogs."
Felicity (over comms): "How'd you know?"
Mari: "Good doggies. (Enters house) This room must be worth a fortune."
Kuasa: "Forget that. Look for the totem."
Mari: "There. (Kuasa knocks her back) What are you doing?!"
Kuasa: "I'm sorry, little sister. But you have no idea what it feels like to be this weak, and now I'll never have to again."
Felicity (over comms): "Uh, guys? Everything okay out there?"
Kuasa: "Umm, the spirit totem was always meant to be mine. But I guess I'll have to settle for this one."
Mari: "You lied to me!"
Kuasa: "I couldn't do this on my own."
(Mari and Kuasa fight, destroying and flooding the room.)
Felicity: "And... there goes the security system."
(Mari and Kuasa continue to fight outside, when police cars drive up to the mansion.)
Kuasa: "I'll let you handle them." (Runs off)
Mari (to two guard dogs): "Sic 'em." (Chases down street after Kuasa.)
(Kuasa is suddenly grabbed and lifted up into the air by Ray in his Atom suit.)
Ray: "Hey there, I'm the Atom. But you can call me Plan B. Turns out your sister doesn't trust you as much as you thought."
Mari: "Better hold on tight. She's slippery."
Ray: "C'mon. All this leading edge tech and you don't think I'd make it waterproof?"
(Kuasa gets loose and drops to ground, but Laurel as Black Canary enters and knocks her down with her staff.)
Laurel: "Sit down. Stay awhile."
Kuasa: "Looks like you won again, little sister. So now what?"
Mari: "Now you help us. Like you promised. Eshu killed our father and destroyed our home. You want revenge? Well, I do too. Even if I have to work with you. You have the water totem, which means we need your help to stop him."
Kuasa: "You will all fight him?"
(Ray and Laurel nod.)
Mari: "And we'll win. Together."
Felicity (over comms): "Hey, guys. I hate to break up the family reunion, but we've got a problem. Your fire guy's in Detroit. And he's kinda doing a rampage-y thing."
Mari (to Kuasa): "Avenge your village. Save mine." (Holds hand out.)
(Kuasa takes her hand and stands up, as the sisters clasp hands.)

503 (A Matter of Trust) - Oliver Queen’s voiceover intro:
Oliver (voiceover): "My name is Oliver Queen. After five years in hell, I returned home with only one goal - to save my city. Today I fight that war on two fronts: By day, I lead Star City as its mayor. But by night, I am someone else. I am something else. I am the Green Arrow."

503 (A Matter of Trust) – Felicity and the four new recruits are monitoring, via surveillance on computer monitor, Oliver's interrogation of a criminal:
Rene: "So what are we looking at here?"
Felicity: "Carl Roberto. Frequent flyer at Iron Heights. Seems like the only thing he's good at is getting arrested."
Curtis: "He's not much of a challenge for the Green Arrow." 
Felicity: "He's not looking for a challenge. This is about teaching the four of you what happens out there and how to handle it."
Evelyn: "Well, I'm up for any lesson that doesn't involve him punching us in the face."
Rory: "Wait. He hits you guys?"
(Oliver drops Roberto with an arrow to the leg.)
Rene: "Oh, man. Dude's going to get it now."
Felicity: "Always assume that the target is armed. Always assume that they're dangerous."
Oliver (to Roberto😞 "Stardust."
Rory: "Who's Stardust?"
Felicity: "It's not a 'who.' It's a 'what.'"
Rene: "Latest designer drug. Makes PCP look like children's aspirin."
Oliver: "I want your supplier."
Roberto: "I can't. He'll kill me."
Oliver: "What do you think I'm going to do?"
Rory: "His interrogation technique is a little unrefined."
Evelyn: "He's not going to kill him, is he?"
Felicity: "That's a - that's a terrific question."
Roberto: "You're not going to do it."
Oliver: "Give me a name, and I won't have to."
Roberto: "Word's out on you, man. You'll kill, but only when you have to."
(Oliver pushes Roberto to dangle over the edge of the building.)
Roberto: "Son of a bitch!"
Oliver: "Oh, don't worry. You'll live."
Roberto: "All right! All right. His name's Sampson. Derek Sampson."
Oliver: "Where can I find him?"
Roberto: "I don't know. I pick up a package on a different corner each night, and never from him."
Oliver: "Give me the package."
Roberto: "The Stardust? Sure, it's in my pocket. Good idea. You really could use a high, chill out a bit."
Oliver: "I'm not going to kill you, but I can't guarantee you'll walk away from this." (Cuts Roberto's rope and he falls to the ground.)

503 (A Matter of Trust) – Felicity asks the recruits what they learned from watching Oliver’s interrogation technique:
Felicity: "So what did we learn?"
Curtis: "Don't piss Oliver off."
Evelyn: "Like we needed that lesson."
Felicity: "Information, okay, is the currency of our business. When Oliver gets back here, he's going to ask me to analyze the drugs so we can find out where it's being manufactured."
Rory: "I hate drugs. Not in a recreational sense. I have a life, like anyone else. It's just - I saw what all the gang violence did to my hometown."
Felicity: "Um, I'm going to make DVDs of tonight's surveillance footage. Oliver wants you to study them like a football player would break down a game tape."
Rene: "And then he'll let us get on the field?"
Curtis: "I'm guessing not."
Rene: "That guy is seriously overestimating my patience."
Oliver (entering): "I am, because I didn't think that you had any patience, Rene."
Rene: "Cute."
Oliver (handing drug packet to Felicity): "Let's analyze this and see if we can figure out where it was manufactured."
Rene: "Look, analysis and forensics is cool and all, but that stuff takes time. I know the neighborhood where this dealer's slinging out of. I think I can guess where the Stardust is being made."
Oliver: "Rene, we don't deal in 'maybes' and guesswork."
Rene: "Or maybe rich boy Mayor Queen doesn't know the streets so good."
Oliver: "Everyone get back to your training. You impress me in here, then maybe I'll let you impress me out there. (To Felicity) Text me when the analysis comes back."
Felicity: "B-and-E at a shipping center on 8th and Amsterdam. Gunman armed with an AR-5."

503 (A Matter of Trust) – Oliver confronts Rene Ramirez about disobeying his orders and going after Derek Sampson on his own: 
Rene: "Everything okay, boss?"
Oliver: "A Stardust dealer was killed last night by a vigilante."
Rene: "Lots running around the city these days -"
Oliver: "Wearing a hockey mask!"
Rene: "Hey, short fry was there, too!"
Evelyn: "Thanks, Rene."
Curtis: "Rory and I didn't, though, just for the record."
Rene: "Okay, I ain't going to deny I was there, but neither were you, man. This guy was all sorts of nutso, loco! It was either him or me!"
Oliver: "You never should have been in that position."
Rene: "So you saying this city isn't better off with one less dealer on the streets? Have you told the mayor that?"
Oliver: "You have no ability to think big picture! Stardust is still out there. The D.A.'s office had a plan - they were going to flip Sampson, and then he was going to give up the suppliers. They can't do that anymore!"
Rene: "How about you put an arrow in my other leg, and we'll call it even?"
Oliver: "Last week you said you needed to be able to trust me. Fine. Well, I need to be able to trust you. If I can't, then why am I wasting my time with you?" (Leaves)
Felicity (to Rene): "Never in my entire life did I think that I would meet somebody more stubborn than him. I would have lost that bet." (Leaves)
Rory: "Is this normal behavior around here?"
Curtis: "More than I like to admit."

503 (A Matter of Trust) – Curtis finds out that Rory Regan is from Havenrock:
Rory: "Good night. I'm headed home."
Curtis: "Oh, uh, give me a sec. I'll join you. Not home, I mean... (Shows his ring) I'm a happily married man. Happy. I meant, join you out."
Rory: "I figured. Besides, you're not my type."
Curtis: "Are you gay?"
Rory: "No - which makes you not my type."
Curtis: "Of course. Yeah... I was - heh. Yeah, speaking of which, you were talking about home, hometown. You not from Star City?"
Rory: "No. Havenrock."
Curtis: "Havenrock... You know, I just realized that- I remembered that I - oh, yeah, I promised - promised Felicity I would help her with some things. "
Rory: "Yeah. No problem. Good night."
Curtis: "Night."
Rory: "Good night, Felicity." (Leaves)
Felicity: "Night. (To Curtis) Yes?"
Curtis: "You knew, didn't you? About Havenrock?"
Felicity: "He told Oliver. I overheard."
Curtis: "Does he know? Rory, I mean."
Felicity: "Know that I destroyed his hometown with a nuclear missile five months ago? No, it hasn't come up."
Curtis: "You didn't destroy anything, Felicity. That was Damien Darhk."
Felicity: "Darhk... sent the missile to Monument Point. I sent the missile to Havenrock. I killed tens of thousands of people."
Curtis: "To save millions."
Felicity: "Tell that to Rory's family."

503 (A Matter of Trust) - DELETED SCENE: Felicity and Curtis take a break:
(Curtis is asleep in his chair and snoring.)
Felicity: "Curtis. Curtis! Wake up!" (Claps her hands)
Curtis (coming awake): "Wha - what, I'm not drooling."
Felicity: "I'm striking out on finding Reynolds. I'm guessing from your snoring, you haven't had much luck on hearing him."
Curtis: "Do I snore?"
Felicity: "Oh, yeah."
Curtis: "What time is it? Oh, crap. Paul has no idea why I haven't called."
Felicity: "Can you just go home? Get some sleep."
Curtis: "Are you sure?"
Felicity: "Yeah. Maybe we'll both have better luck with some sleep."
Curtis: "Okay. (Packs up his laptop) See you later. Think about what I said about Rory."
Felicity: "Okay."
(Curtis leaves. Felicity then hears a noise and goes to investigate.)

503 (A Matter of Trust) – The team learns that Sampson is still alive, and Oliver rejects the help of the new recruits:
Felicity: "Hey, Rory, thanks for coming back. Oliver should be here any second."
Rory: "What happened?"
Curtis: "First metahumans, then magic, and now you can add into the mix zombies. The guy that Rene killed is kind of still walking around."
Felicity: "Sampson is not a zombie. According the coroner's toxicology workup, Sampson's body was infused with a mixture of chemicals that must have put his body into a state that fooled the paramedics. It was only a matter of time before he woke up."
Curtis: "And kicked Oliver's ass."
Felicity: "He didn't kick Oliver's ass, and can we please not say things like that when Oliver could enter in, like, any second? (Oliver enters) Like now, see?"
Oliver: "I need to find this guy before he hurts anyone else."
Felicity: "I'm tapped into all satellites and C-C feeds. What happened?"
Oliver: "Physiology changed. Enhanced strength, and I don't think he can feel pain."
Evelyn: "Felicity thinks it's from exposure to whatever chemicals were in the vat that Rene dumped him into."
Oliver: "Any way to reverse it?"
Felicity: "I could run some tests, but it would take time, and I'd rather keep my eye on the 'find Sampson before he hurts anybody else' ball."
Curtis: "Well, good thing I was a biochemistry major in college. I'll get on it." (Leaves)
(Oliver's phone beeps and shows message from Star City District Attorney Adrian Chase.)
Oliver: "Text me as soon as you have anything. We can't let the cops get to him first."
Rene: "I want to help, too."
Oliver: "I think you've done enough."
Rene: "I'm sorry about before, but I get it now. I'll do whatever you need."
Oliver: "What I need is to trust that when I do ask for your help, you're not immediately going to make the problem worse."
Rory: "He said he was sorry. Let us help."
Evelyn: "Yeah. We could canvass the city."
Oliver: "After what happened the last time you went looking for Sampson? Pass."

503 (A Matter of Trust) – Felicity convinces Oliver to accept his new team’s help:
Felicity (entering): "I didn't know you were still here. Ohh. That looks painful."
Oliver: "It's par for the course."
Felicity: "How'd things go at City Hall? (Oliver sighs) Ooh, that bad, huh?"
Oliver: "Channel 52."
Susan Williams (on monitor): "Unfortunately, Mayor Queen doesn't seem to have the first clue of what's going on within his own administration -"
Felicity: "I already don't like her."
Oliver: "Well, I can't keep my people in line as mayor or as Green Arrow."
Felicity: "'Heavy is the head that wears the crown.' Shakespeare. Or Tupac. So is this Green Arrow brooding or mayor brooding?"
Oliver: "What's happening with Susan Williams is just politics."
Felicity: "Green Arrow brooding. That's excellent, because I have more experience at that."
Oliver: "Rene didn't listen to what I said, and he created a superhuman."
Felicity: "Well, I used to have a dog. Lucky. He was adorable but peed on everything. My trainer told me that next time it happened that I should roll up a piece of newspaper and smack myself on the head because it was my fault. Lucky was just doing as dogs do."
Oliver: "You're pushing this 'Wild Dog' codename thing a bit too far."
Felicity: "My point is, when you're in charge, everything your team does is on you."
Oliver: "Even what Rene did?"
Felicity: "He was right about being able to locate Sampson's operation. If you listened to him instead of shutting him down -"
Oliver: "Right. Then none of this would have happened."
Felicity: "And we both know why you shut him down."
Oliver: "Because I don't trust him."
Felicity: "Like you said, if you don't - if you won't, why are you wasting your time?" (Beeping sound)
Oliver: "What's that?"
Felicity: "I'm running an algorithm to ping in case anything unusual happens."
Oliver: "Unusual? That's casting a pretty wide net."
Felicity: "Well, all my other nets are coming up empty. Break-in at Allman Industrial."
Oliver: "That could be anyone."
Felicity: "Well, do you know anyone besides Sampson who can get shot by security guards and then just shrug off the bullets?"
Oliver: "What'd he steal?"
Felicity: "I don't know. It's going to take a lot of time and typing. Their warehouse is the size of three football fields."
Oliver: "Let me know what you find out."
Felicity: "Okay. Wait - wait. Where are you going?"
Oliver: "To get the team."

503 (A Matter of Trust) – Oliver gets the new recruits for their first field mission as a team:
(Evelyn and Curtis are sparring.)
Curtis: "You won't get me this time."
Evelyn: "I've won 8 in a row." (Punches him)
Curtis: "Aah!"
Rory: "Are you sure you were an Olympian?"
Curtis: "Having quick reflexes is not the only quality in an Olympian. Okay, there are other things like determination and stubbornness."
Evelyn: "I guess a sense of fashion isn't one of them. Come on, man. Where did you get that jacket? It's retro in all the wrong ways."
Curtis: "Wait, you don't know 'Fair Play' Terry Sloane? Terry Sloane? Mr. Terrific? The greatest wrestler in the history of wrestling. He was so good that he wore an outfit with the words 'Fair Play' written across it. Like, I'm so good, I don't even need to cheat to beat you. He's kind of my idol."
Rory: "Did you have a little crush on him, too? Hey, that's besides the point."
(Oliver enters and approaches Rene who's punching the punching bag.)
Rene: "Something on your mind, boss?"
Oliver: "You have a good natural form."
Rene: "Because it's not natural. I've been working on it for years."
Oliver: "Rene, if I've been too hard on you, it's because I want to make sure that you're taking this as seriously as I am."
Rene: "I wouldn't be here if I wasn't taking it serious."
Oliver: "You were right about Sampson's operation. You have a knack for this, and I should have trusted you."
Rene: "Whoa. That almost sounded like an apology."
Oliver: "I'm still learning, too."
Felicity (entering): "All right, guys, hug it out. You should really see this. I found out what Sampson stole from Allman Industrial. A Molecular Transmodality Processor."
Oliver: "What?"
Curtis: "It replicates chemicals based on their molecular structure."
Evelyn: "What would Sampson need with that?"
Oliver: "The vat that you dropped him in."
Rene: "It was full of Stardust. When we were fighting, a pipe burst, and some liquid drained from it into the vat."
Rory: "Sounds like he stumbled on the recipe for making a superhuman killing machine."
Oliver: "And now he's going to use the -"
Felicity: "Molecular Transmodality Processor.
Oliver: "To make more of them."
Curtis: "And he'll need the original mixture, which means that he'll return to - oh. I've always wanted to say this - the scene of the crime."
Oliver: "If Sampson is building an army, then I'm going to need mine."
Rene: "For real?"
Oliver: "For real."
Curtis: "Suit up! Oh. I thought we were all going to - like, it was going to be a nice moment where we all say it at the same time. Is that just your thing? That's you only? Okay, yeah. That's you. That's just him, for the record for everybody."

503 (A Matter of Trust) – Oliver and his new team take down Derek Sampson and his minions:
Officer: "This area's closed off, pal. Crime scene."
Sampson: "Yeah. I know." (Brushes off bullet and takes down officer) Move in. Y'all going to be fearless. Painless. Unstoppable."
(Oliver shoots arrows at minions and Sampson.)
Sampson: "Let's do this." 
(They fight.)
Curtis (over comms): "In position. 10 seconds."
Felicity (over comms): "Make sure to activate the pressure sensor before the detonation."
Curtis (over comms): "So the spark ignites the entirety of the pipeline. Yeah, I know. Now let me concentrate."
(Minion holds gun on Curtis.)
Minion: "Why you smiling, dirt bag?"
(Rory as Ragman takes down minion.)
Curtis (to Rory): "You are a freaky kind of scary."
Rory: "It's the whispers, right? It just does that. I have no idea how. Your mask looks cool, by the way."
Curtis: "Why, thank you. Actually, it still feels a little weird on my face."
(Rene shoots minions. Evelyn picks up dropped explosive device and hand it to Curtis.)
Evelyn: "I think you dropped this, Mr. Fair Play."
Curtis: "Thank you."
Sampson: "Thought we've been over this. You can't hurt me."
Oliver: "Just because you can't feel your tendons being sliced doesn't mean you don't need them."
Sampson: "Too bad my guys still have you surrounded."
Oliver: "No. I trust that my guys took care of them."
Felicity (over comms): "Okay, Curtis. Ka-boom time."

503 (A Matter of Trust) – Oliver takes the four new recruits to the Arrow Bunker for the first time:
(Oliver is in the elevator with the four new recruits.)
Rory: "Where exactly are we going?"
Rene: "Did the people who built this elevator know your secret, too?"
Evelyn: "You know, I've been meaning to ask... What kind of a vigilante wears a hockey mask?"
Oliver: "I think it's cool."
(Elevator doors open to the Arrow Bunker, where Felicity is waiting.)
Curtis: "Okay, everyone, just breathe normally. I know this is a lot to take in so -"
Felicity: "He fainted the first time he saw it."
Curtis: "I had the flu. I had the flu, y'all... So this is the Bunk - the Cav - okay. I like to call it the Arrow Cave."
(The new recruits look at the four glass costume cases.)

503 (A Matter of Trust) – Felicity confesses to Rory that she redirected the nuke from Monument Point to Havenrock:
(Curtis approaches Rene, who is staring at the glass costume cases.)
Curtis: "Never gets old. (Phone beeps) Paul! I was just about to call you. I'm on my way home from work now. No, I never said that. Well, traffic was crazy -"
Evelyn: "So if Curtis is married, what's the rule on dating while vigilanting?"
Felicity: "Uh, just one sec. The short answer is, don't. (Runs up to Rory who's leaving) Rory, wait up. Can I talk to you?"
Rory: "Everything okay?"
Felicity: "Yeah. No. There's something that I need you to know about Havenrock. Havenrock was not the intended target. Monument Point was. Someone redirected the missile to reduce the number of casualties. That someone was me. I am so sorry." 

Edited by tv echo