Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers and Spoilery Discussion: They May Not Be Able to Travel to the Future Yet, but We Can

Saw some promotional stuff for 1.16... 

Please tell me I'm wrong, or are they really going to do this?  Look at this pic -
http://images.spoilertv.com/Timeless/Season 1/Promotional Episode Photos/Episode 1.16 - The Red Scare (Season Finale)/NUP_177214_0641.JPG.php
and tell me that the guy standing on the right side of the table is not Lucy's fiance [or at least, was her fiance, if she ever owned up & broke it off]?

I am dreading this, because with the way the photo lays out - and I do think, from what I can see of the side profile, it is the fiance - I can see fiance guy making a flippant comment along the lines of "is he (Wyatt) the reason we fell apart?", to Lucy separately if not in the same scene as that shot.  Ugh.  Just no, show.  Please surprise me and avoid all that cliched nonsense.

Edited by iRarelyWatchTV36

http://images.spoilertv.com/Timeless/Season 1/Promotional Episode Photos/Episode 1.16 - The Red Scare (Season Finale)/NUP_177214_1631.JPG.php
And this^ pic suggests a few things.  Not sure how I'd feel if turns out Mason & Denise have been secretly working together vs Rittenhouse/NSA and Mason was just being a giant dick to fool them and not suspect his true allegiances.  I've kinda liked not liking him, especially after how he treated Jiya in 1.15.

On 2/18/2017 at 4:09 PM, dbklmt said:

Looks like Rufus survives with more info on the Season 1 finale from the creators Eric Kripke and Shawn Ryan who also think it will be renewed for a 2nd season.

http://tvline.com/2017/02/17/timeless-spoilers-season-1-finale-rufus-renewed-cancelled/

Eh, the writers are always gonna think their show will be renewed.  I read something in the other thread, don't know if this is the same article or not, where they just came off sounding lame about the renewal question as in "we always go all out assuming a show or ours will be renewed" etc that says to me that they really know they are in serious trouble and are trying to cover it up the best they can because who is gonna say "man, I think we will be getting the axe" in some media interview. 

I doubt it will be renewed myself.

• Love 1
On 11/14/2017 at 4:47 PM, Lieutenant said:

Based of what is pretty easily discernible despite Matt's best efforts with a black marker (bless his heart, he tried), title for 2.01 appears to be "The War to End All Wars." 

WWI it is, then!  I'm really quite curious to discover what particular event/person they will be encountering. 

What kind of screen are you looking at this on that it is easily discernible? I just see a solid black line no matter what angle I use or how much I zoom. 

• Love 1
On 11/15/2017 at 6:41 AM, Maverick said:

I wonder if they picked WWII as a nod to the fact the season 1 promo had them at Pearl Harbor but there was never an episode set in that era. 

There was one.  "Party at Castle Varlar" was set in 1944 Germany at the height of the war.  The promo footage of Pearl Harbor was just that -- promo footage.  The show never intended to go to Pearl Harbor last season.

And WWI is suggested by the title, since THAT war, not WWII, was popularly referred to as "The War to End All Wars."

Edited by legaleagle53
  • Love 1

We have a new recurring character, a WWI soldier who is apparently recruited by Carol and Emma for Rittenhouse.

And in other news, this happened today:

If you zoom in on the pic on the right and scan around a little, you'll see that Hedy Lamarr is going to be a historical figure that the Time Team apparently interacts with.  So we're going to WW II-era Hollywood in Episode 2x03, it would seem.

Too bad we can't have a Timeless/Legends of Tomorrow crossover, since the most recent episode of the latter also featured Hedy Lamarr.

• Love 1
On 11/14/2017 at 4:47 PM, Lieutenant said:

Based of what is pretty easily discernible despite Matt's best efforts with a black marker (bless his heart, he tried), title for 2.01 appears to be "The War to End All Wars." 

WWI it is, then!  I'm really quite curious to discover what particular event/person they will be encountering. 

Hopefully it's Diana Prince and Steve Trevor trying to stop the Great War.

Edited by methodwriter85
  • Love 1
On 11/14/2017 at 2:47 PM, Lieutenant said:

According to a recent spoiler (linked in my post a couple of posts above), Emma and Carol meet a WWI soldier whom they try to recruit to Rittenhouse.  He's a new recurring character, and I'm very interested in seeing how that plays out.  We've never had a recurring historical character before.

On the other hand, if if paves the way for the return of Ian Fleming and Lucy's grandfather Ethan as recurring characters, then I'm definitely up for it!

Edited by legaleagle53

timeless-season-2.jpg

Coming off last season’s shocking revelations — Lucy’s mom is Rittenhouse! Flynn’s been arrested! Something is happening to Jiya! — Lucy, Wyatt and Rufus aren’t wasting any time getting back in the time-hopping lifeboat. And if it isn’t clear from the trio’s period-appropriate attire, the episode’s title confirms to when the season opener will travel: “The War to End All Wars,” better known as World War I.

The hour will also introduce a new recurring character: Nicholas Keynes (played by UnREAL‘s Michael Rady), who is an American soldier in WWI. After getting badly injured during battle, Keynes is carried to a farmhouse, where he is cared for by Emma (Annie Wersching) and Carol (Susanna Thompson), who want to save his life. Though he seems helpless at first, Keynes is much more formidable than he initially appears.

Timeless Trio Readies for Season 2's Opening Time Trip — 2018 FIRST LOOK

On 12/14/2017 at 2:20 PM, CooperTV said:

Timeless Trio Readies for Season 2's Opening Time Trip — 2018 FIRST LOOK

From the article:

Timeless Season 2 is slated to premiere on a yet-to-be-announced date next year on NBC. (Spring or summer 2018 were floated as likely launch periods by creators Eric Kripke and Shawn Ryan.)

So we're still 6 to 8 months away? I'm going to forget what happened in season 1 by then!

Edited by Moose135

A little more info about the upcoming season, including a little more detail about the World War I episode and an upcoming episode set in the 1930s: Lucy turns her back on her Rittenhouse heritage.

This part is about the upcoming 1930s episode:

Meanwhile, season 2 is also set to feature an episode focusing on Robert Johnson's hit 1930s song, "Cross Road Blues." While very few details have been revealed about this storyline, the speculations indicate that Team Time will go back to in time to meet the enigmatic American blues musician and clear up the mystery surrounding his death. Johnson died at the height of his career, only two years after reaching success.

Time to start my Google research!

Can't wait for the Robert Johnson episode, since I always found his story fascinating. A little bait of background info:

He died after being poisoned with strychnine (which he actually survived, but it was the pneumonia that killed him) supposedly by the husband of a woman he had been sleeping with. Given the effects of strychnine, causing spasms and seizures, it contributed to the devil legend, in that the devil was claiming his soul.

The most famous story about him selling his soul to the devil at the crossroads seems to come from the fact that he met Son House and Charlie Patton and played with him and they told him he'd be better off as a harmonica player, but a little over a year later, he met them again and they were blown away by his guitar skills.  Another interesting fact was he appeared to be literate, which was unusual for a poor black man in that time.

• Love 1
6 hours ago, iRarelyWatchTV36 said:

And absolutely rocking it - like she did in all her 'period pieces' in S1.

Can't wait to see the full product when the episode airs.

I've got to agree.  Abigail can pull off period costumes like nobody's business outside of Legends of Tomorrow.

Come to think of it, that would be a perfect crossover for this show, if the networks would allow it (yeah, like THAT'LL happen!).  Have the Legends run across the Time Trio and BOTH groups work together to try to take down Rittenhouse once and for all.

• Love 2

I'm quite excited to see them do both Hedy Lamarr and Marie Curie! The potential in both thee women are so great, and I'm glad to see them featuring such amazing historical women. The name William Randolph Hearst doesn't ring a bell for me, so i guess I need to get my research on before March 11!

2 minutes ago, allonsyalice said:

I'm quite excited to see them do both Hedy Lamarr and Marie Curie! The potential in both thee women are so great, and I'm glad to see them featuring such amazing historical women. The name William Randolph Hearst doesn't ring a bell for me, so i guess I need to get my research on before March 11!

Here's your homework assignment, then:  William Randolph Hearst

On 1/22/2018 at 7:03 PM, legaleagle53 said:

More information about some of the years we'll be visiting this season.  How do 1692, 1917, 1941, and 1981 grab you?  http://ew.com/tv/2018/01/22/timeless-season-2-premiere-date/?utm_campaign=entertainmentweekly&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_medium=social&xid=entertainment-weekly_socialflow_twitter

1981 and my mind immediately went to the assassination attempt on Ronald Reagan. Or maybe the wedding of Charles and Diana.

5 minutes ago, methodwriter85 said:

1981 and my mind immediately went to the assassination attempt on Ronald Reagan. Or maybe the wedding of Charles and Diana.

Maybe they want to prevent the launch of MTV?

• Love 1
9 hours ago, legaleagle53 said:

I don't see what the point would be, since Wyatt already made it clear that he's finally accepted Jessica's death, has given up trying to save her, and has moved on.  How would she be brought back if he was the only one who was ever interested in doing so?  I seriously doubt that Carol, Emma, and Rittenhouse give a damn.

Could be any number of reasons that they have yet to reveal ( @bros402‘s icky theory notwithstanding) but I’m sure there is one. Jessica’s death is still suspicious in that Wyatt made it so the killer wasn’t born and she died the same way anyway, which means either that guy was lying and didn’t kill her, or it was a hit and someone else ended up getting hired instead.

So yeah, as soon as Wyatt and Lucy hook up, that woman will be back from the dead. I’ve watched tv before, I know how this goes.

• Love 1
6 hours ago, kariyaki said:

Could be any number of reasons that they have yet to reveal ( @bros402‘s icky theory notwithstanding) but I’m sure there is one. Jessica’s death is still suspicious in that Wyatt made it so the killer wasn’t born and she died the same way anyway, which means either that guy was lying and didn’t kill her, or it was a hit and someone else ended up getting hired instead.

So yeah, as soon as Wyatt and Lucy hook up, that woman will be back from the dead. I’ve watched tv before, I know how this goes.

The guy was lying.  His other two alleged victims never died; only Jessica did, so he was never the one who killed her.  I can see it being a Rittenhouse hit, however -- but if that's true, why and how would Rittenhouse deliberately undo its own work?  It's too simplistic to say that they're doing it just to mess with Wyatt and/or Lucy -- not when it's clear that Carol is the one calling the shots for Rittenhouse. If her motive is to bring Lucy over to the dark side, she has much more direct ways of doing so as Lucy's mother.

Edited by legaleagle53

fun compilation of interviews from the whole cast, but be warned, there are some major spoilers within.   

Goran is The Best.  Can we keep him forever?  Also, seriously relieved they aren't dropping the journal thread.  That's one of the biggest mysteries for the show, imo.  I honestly want to know more about how Lucy got the journal to Flynn and why, over Rittenhouse's evil plot of the moment ™.  Garcia and Lucy's fated connection across time has me hella invested. 

OK, this is awesome.  Check out some of the historical figures we're going to meet over the next ten weeks, including one who's been on everyone's wish list since Season 1:

So the show will dive into important historical figures such as “grandfather of rock and roll” Robert Johnson; Nobel Prize winning scientist Marie Curie and her daughter Irene; the actress who invented WiFi, Hedy Lamarr; the first African-American Nascar driver, Wendell Scott; the first unofficial female NYPD officer Grace Humiston; Benjamin Franklin’s mother Abidah; the leader of the National Women’s Party, Alice Paul; and the most famous conductor of the Underground Railroad, Harriet Tubman.

I daresay that Wikipedia is going to get quite the workout between now and mid-May!

Thanks for the Spoilers everyone. I think it would be kind of funny- if they went back in History and met someone they had met in a previous trip- but have it be years later. Haha. 

Can't wait for the new season! I just re-watched the whole First Season to refresh! 

On 3/10/2018 at 1:26 AM, SiobhanJW said:

Thanks for the Spoilers everyone . I think it would be kind of funny- if they went back in History and met someone they had met in a previous trip- but have it be years later. Haha. 

Can't wait for the new season! I just re-watched the whole First Season to refresh! 

I would really love that to happen with Harry Houdini, specifically. The actor was so cute and charming! I wouldn't mind checking in with Harry once a season at all. 

• Love 1
On 1/6/2018 at 12:48 PM, legaleagle53 said:

I've got to agree.  Abigail can pull off period costumes like nobody's business outside of Legends of Tomorrow.

Come to think of it, that would be a perfect crossover for this show, if the networks would allow it (yeah, like THAT'LL happen!).  Have the Legends run across the Time Trio and BOTH groups work together to try to take down Rittenhouse once and for all.

Oh please, no! Legends is such dreck - I would hate to see this show ruined by that one.

So anyone else think Jessica will now show up as Lucy & Wyatt are dancing around their attraction- and clearly by those photos acting on it? 

I think she's part of Rittenhouse- maybe she's one of the sleeper cells?