Type keyword(s) to search

Coronation Street - General Discussion

• Start Topic

The Geoff story is awful to watch. I was really hoping Alya would really go in on him once she realized  he was writing the bad reviews. I need him to get found out soon. 

Ali, what happened to him? I thought he was handsome when he first appeared on the street. Wow, he looks like hell. And while I'm being superficial, Maria's hair look pretty bad too 😁.

Everyone on corrie seems so isolated.  There seems to be  little interaction with other characters except 2 or 3 per storyline. It feels like we go forever without seeing characters. Tim, Sally, Peter, Jenny, Rita,  Mary ect.

Edited by Coffeewinewater
  • Love 1

It's time to wrap up the Geoff storyline up, especially after he killed the chicken and cooked it for dinner.   Think the viewers get the picture by now.    For a moment, I thought Yasmeen finally opened her eyes when he was going after Alya.  

Same goes for Gary--that mess has gone on far too long as well. He needs to be found out as well. 

• Love 3

Spoiler

I can finally start watching Corrie properly again now people are sussing Geoff out! And from last nights episode, it seems we’re finally getting a real baddie In the form of Ray Crosby. Yes I know he’s been a wrong ‘un since he came in, but trying to force the Platts out of their home elevates him to proper Corrie villain status. 
I can’t wait for Geoff to be booted off the show forever, not because he’s a villain and I want to see him get his comeuppance, no, it’s because he’s an awful actor, has awful storylines, pulls the most ridiculous faces and the whole thing has been a badly acted and badly planned farce from beginning to end. Not to mention it gave ‘can’t act Alya’ WAY too much screen time. 

• Love 1

OK, Corrie writers - why does Abi, a mechanic, have perfectly manicured fingernails?   And why does she still have them, long after the accident which left her unable to use her left hand and thereby touch up her manicure?  

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

I'm liking the new Todd.  I've always been meh on Paul so I'm hoping we get a sticky, soapy love triangle here that Todd eventually wins.

It also occurred to me - when Todd was razzing Billy about never meeting Sean's son Dylan when they were dating, which IIRC is because Billy dumped Sean just before a trip to do just that to get with Todd - that Billy, for a vicar, has made the full round of the cobbles' gays lol.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 1

I think they're planning to do something with Todd's dad, they've now mentioned him a few times.  And we don't know anything about him, right, not even his name?  Sounds like a nice blank slate for drama for Todd and Eileen.

Leanne is so frustrating to me.  She is obviously going through something absolutely terrible right now, but the way she treats everyone around her is so awful, it's almost impressive.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 1

Todd is such a sneaky SOB, I kinda of love it.  And I love that you could tell Sean totally had his number watching Todd's interactions with Paul.  Sarah probably should have been more skeptical about Todd putting in a word for Paul actually, but I guess she's distracted by her love life problems.  I am liking that the relationships between Todd/Sarah and Todd/Sean are clicking with the new actor.

Carla and Adam?  So now she's slept with both Peter's brother and his nephew.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 1

Leanne admitting to Toyah that she liked to nag Nick and Steve about not pulling their weight with Oliver, but also secretly loved that she was the one in charge, the alpha in his life basically, was so classic Leanne you could stitch it on a pillow.  This story is incredibly sad and the actress is doing great work, but I also like that they're kinda keeping Leanne consistent IMO, if that makes sense.  I feel like some soaps might turn Leanne into a saint, but I don't think they're doing that here.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 5
17 hours ago, WinnieWinkle said:

Coronation Street actor Mark Eden dies aged 92

Long term fans of "Corrie" will remember the evilness that was Alan Bradley and his oh so satisfying on-screen death!  Very sad though to hear of the passing of the actor who played him.

Possibly the best baddie that Corrie has had to date. You can keep your Phelans and your Hillmans, Alan Bradley was a true psychopath. He both physically and mentally bullied anyone that got too close. I can’t believe he was 92! That would mean he was late 50s and early 60s while he was on Corrie, I must be getting on a bit because he didn’t look that old at the time 😂

This might be an unpopular opinion, but Carla and Peter don't really do it for me as a couple.  I like both the actors and I like the characters when they're with their families, particularly Peter (I'm a sucker for the Barlows), but they've just been around the block so many times, it feels tired in a way that other long-term couples like Steve/Tracy and Leanne/Nick, for example, don't.

• Love 2

I really liked the scene with the Barlows today debating Daniel possibly being a liver donor for Peter, airing the sides of the issues, but also doing some pitch-perfect sibling banter, plus nicely weaving in history with the talk of Samir and Tracy's kidney.

I am very bored with the Peter the alcoholic and Carla the woman that loves/hates him.  I'd love to see that resolved.

Also, loving Asha and Nina.  Will they date?

And I know no one else likes him, but I like Gary.  He is imperfect with more good than evil.

• Love 1
On 1/17/2021 at 12:39 AM, PDXlulu said:

I am very bored with the Peter the alcoholic and Carla the woman that loves/hates him.  I'd love to see that resolved.

It feels like they're reaching a point of no return, because how many times can we hear "One more drink will KILL Peter!" and it not happen.

• Love 2
On 21/01/2021 at 7:34 AM, TeeVee329 said:

It feels like they're reaching a point of no return, because how many times can we hear "One more drink will KILL Peter!" and it not happen.

It won't if only because they don't want Ken to lose another kid. I do think maybe a break would be a good idea and in real life a long stint in a residential treatment facility might be recommended. A break up with Saint Snarla is definitely in order they are not only boring even their "drama" is dull. Sorry I don't watch soaps for half hearted conversations in therapy speak. I have always felt like Chris Gascoyne and Alison King seriously dislike each other and it bleeds into their scenes as a resigned lack of effort lately. 

I keep thinking Leanne might be able to get through to Peter actually. Its worked before and with losing Oliver shes got the ammunition. Leanne screaming "How dare you give up when my Oliver never had a chance" might land in a way other guilt trips wouldn't. Although the way they keep the stories in such separate bubbles these days Leanne will probably have one line about the whole thing.

I also think it will Adam who will end up being a match. That's part of why they did the whole story line of Adam sleeping with St Snarla in the first place.

As I said upthread, I'm kinda liking the aspects of the story involving the Barlows as a family, but the Peter/Carla part just feels so repetitive.

In other news, Debbie NOT killing Ray and that being the real secret is kinda a good twist on the soap standard.

Tracy's little "I'm losing the will to live here" as she bailed on watching David and Gail squabbling about the house really made me laugh.  They've actually done a good job softening Tracy lately, but still letting her be a bit of a spikey B.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 2

Off current topic, but WHY is that ex stepdaughter of Jenny’s even in Corrie!? 
awful actress, awful character. She could have been a really good addition but she’s dreadful. Not even the kind of character you love to hate, she’s just awful. The girl playing her is better suited to likes of hollyoaks ‘acting’. All looks and no talent 

• Love 1

I’m watching in Canada and Carla has just met Lucas.  They’re talking about their past when he had a girlfriend and Carla warned him about her and they almost slept together.  Was he in the show before?  Or is this made up history?   Anyway, he is very handsome!

ps I agree about Jenny’s step daughter, not enjoying her so far.

• Love 3
11 hours ago, Tiggertoo said:

I’m watching in Canada and Carla has just met Lucas.  They’re talking about their past when he had a girlfriend and Carla warned him about her and they almost slept together.  Was he in the show before?  Or is this made up history?

I think that was supposed to have happened when Carla left the street/Alison King wasn't on the show in 2016-17.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, politichick said:

I have become positively obsessed with Coronation Street. Wish people were here talking about it!

I love corrie,  yeah this thread dosen't get too much traffic. 

There are many groups on Facebook but they can be combative especially if the topic of Fiz ,Tyrone and Alina comes up lol.

I enjoying that storyline because it a good ol' soap opera storyline .

Nick's son sam is adorable. I feel bad Nick left him behind for Leanne. 

• Love 2

I hate the Fiz, Tyrone, Aline storyline.  Mostly because I usually can’t stand Fiz and enjoy Tyrone and this has made me dislike Tyrone.  As for Aline, I know this is petty, but I can’t stand her squeaky little voice.

I too love Sam.

• Love 2

I'm a big Corrie fan and also wish this thread had more activity.  Used to watch on Hulu wish is 2 weeks behind.   Glad to have found it on Britbox (along with Emmerdale and Eastenders;  though Eastenders episodes have been missing for the past week).   Hate the Tyrone/Alina storyline as well.  Don't get why Alina would be attracted to Tyrone;.   Sort of understand Tyrone's motivation since Fiz was away for so long and then is such a downer. 

• Love 1
26 minutes ago, Tiggertoo said:

I hate the Fiz, Tyrone, Aline storyline.  Mostly because I usually can’t stand Fiz and enjoy Tyrone and this has made me dislike Tyrone.  As for Aline, I know this is petty, but I can’t stand her squeaky little voice.

I too love Sam.

I haven't thought much about Fiz and Ty in so long the charactershave become so boring. Tyrone is usually a good guy. I bet the actors love having a juicy storyline. 

Alina's voice is incredibly annoying.  That and Peter's beard lol.

Speaking of Sam, what a sad little birthday that was.

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, sas616 said:

I'm a big Corrie fan and also wish this thread had more activity.  Used to watch on Hulu wish is 2 weeks behind.   Glad to have found it on Britbox (along with Emmerdale and Eastenders;  though Eastenders episodes have been missing for the past week).   Hate the Tyrone/Alina storyline as well.  Don't get why Alina would be attracted to Tyrone;.   Sort of understand Tyrone's motivation since Fiz was away for so long and then is such a downer. 

Tyrone did sleep with Gemma before, I had forgotten about that, until i was recently reminded about that. Can't wait for Evelyn to come back.

• Love 1
(edited)

I have never been a huge Sally fan , but I do like her much more lately.  I did giggle when she told Abi, " I was always so happy on my wedding dayS." 😁

Edited by Cozytea
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Cozytea said:

I have never been a huge Sally fan , but I do like her much more lately.  I did giggle when she told Abi, " I was always so happy on my wedding dayS." 😁

I used to go on and off Sally. She came into the soap a bit sassy and mouthy, then turned into a dull housewife, then I felt sorry for her over the Natalie affair and Greg’s abuse-eventually she turned über snobby and finally she became the Sally we know and love today. She’s the best she’s ever been in my opinion. 
Gail however, is a completely different story. She used to be quite tough and savvy, and these days she’s gormless and a bit dense. 
As for the Alina storyline... hate it hate it hate it. But then I can’t stand fizz so anything that puts her front and centre is a bad idea in my eyes 😂

1 hour ago, Tallulah7606 said:

I used to go on and off Sally. She came into the soap a bit sassy and mouthy, then turned into a dull housewife, then I felt sorry for her over the Natalie affair and Greg’s abuse-eventually she turned über snobby and finally she became the Sally we know and love today. She’s the best she’s ever been in my opinion. 
Gail however, is a completely different story. She used to be quite tough and savvy, and these days she’s gormless and a bit dense. 
As for the Alina storyline... hate it hate it hate it. But then I can’t stand fizz so anything that puts her front and centre is a bad idea in my eyes 😂

Yes, I couldn't stand snobby Sally. Being with Tim has helped, love them together. 

Oh my god Gail has changed so much. The earliest episodes I watched she was with Martin and was working with Alma in the cafe. Yes, she was smart and together. Her character never was the same after Richard. That was the last I remember her being stong and confident.  Even though i loved that she helped Becky out Tracy about Steve's baby ,I'm pretty sure that was after  Richard but im not sure.

She is nothing like that person any more so embarrassing. 

When I say I love the Fiz, Ty, Alina storyline I mean its a realistic story that many can relate too.. 

Tyrone is a moron, to think that Kevin and Abi should just make room for Alina and to think Kevin would want to have his stag party at some young hip bar....Kevin is older  than Tyrone, nothing about Kevin screams hip lol.

5 hours ago, Cozytea said:

Kevin is older  than Tyrone, nothing about Kevin screams hip lol.

You know what really bothered me about this storyline? People calling Tyrone “middle aged” 😂 that was a shock to the system! I’m a bit older than Tyrone and I still consider myself young! 

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
16 minutes ago, Tallulah7606 said:

You know what really bothered me about this storyline? People calling Tyrone “middle aged” 😂 that was a shock to the system! I’m a bit older than Tyrone and I still consider myself young! 

I'm older than Tyrone,  I'm 47, and i forget im old sometimes lol. 

Yeah i dont think Tyrone is middle aged 🤷🏾‍♀️

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

I'm American and have watched Corrie off and on for maybe 5 years now. Used to watch on Hulu, but now on Britbox. I wanted to watch the last year, but between Geoff and then Oliver being sick and dying, I just couldn't. I've been back watching since March and am really into it again for the moment!

I love Seb and Nina. I really don't know why as I was fairly indifferent to both characters before, but I'm loving them as a pair. 

I can't say I really like the Alina/Tyrone/Fiz story, but I enjoy it well enough because it's good soap. Seems like it's been a while since we had a old fashioned cheating storyline. I don't hate Ty and Alina together but I don't know that it will last either. I wonder if she'll end up pregnant. If it were an American soap, she would for sure. 

I hope Peter gets a liver soon. I mostly like him and Carla together, and have enjoyed the Barlow family meetings. If Leanne wants Si to stay away, she probably should have gone into hiding further than a bus ride away. 

I'm ready for the Harvey story to wrap up, which probably means we'll be stuck with it for the next year 😆

• Love 2
(edited)

Love Nina and Seb together.  I usually didnt care for Seb  but together they work.

I'm so horrified by their attack.  Absolutely frightening.  I teared up as Roy was speaking to Nina. I actually cried more more when Abi said one minute everything is normal then it's not.  Something happened in October that changed my life for ever. And when i look back i think of how just everything was just normal then bam.

Corey and Kelly are horrible.  I have never like kelly but why would she do this? Corey has alwasys been disgusting and his character would do this but Kelly while she had her issues, this seems so bizarre. 

Edited by Cozytea

I teared up watching today too. Abi saying how Seb's a grown man, but he's also her little lad was so heart breaking. I knew this was coming because of spoilers, but damn if it wasn't a gut punch anyway. 

I appreciated that they made a point of saying that Kevin spoke with Roy before seeing Abi, and that Carla came to be with him when she heard. Poor Abi being told he'll probably be fine and then to that end 😔 Love her and Kevin, and how they even mentioned Jack hoping he gets better. 

I really, sincerely hope they don't kill either of them off. 

Corey needs to get off this show immediately, and if they're even considering trying to rehabilitate Kelly and keep her around, then they need to seriously rethink that. I don't want either of them around. 

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, Jenniferbug said:

Anyone watch today? 

Also for those looking for more active discussion, Reddit has a Coronation Street subreddit that is small but active on episode days. 

Yes, I'm in bits. I didn't expect that.  😪

37 minutes ago, Cozytea said:

Yes, I'm in bits. I didn't expect that.  😪

Me too. I hate it. He and Nina were such a bright spot on the show. 

Corey and Kelly can burn in hell, I have no interest in either ever being rehabilitated to remain on the show. 

• Love 1

Heartbroken. Utterly heartbroken. Sebs character was so beautiful and pure, one of the very few young characters that Corrie has actually got right in recent years. Abbies pain was difficult to watch, really well acted but my god did I sob!! 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Jenniferbug said:

Me too. I hate it. He and Nina were such a bright spot on the show. 

Corey and Kelly can burn in hell, I have no interest in either ever being rehabilitated to remain on the show. 

I agree about Corey and Kelly,  I can see the show trying to rehab Kelly but I don't want to see that . I think I'm so shocked because people kept saying both Nina and Seb would recover so i just assumedthey would. I never heard about anyone leaving the show.  I think Corrie kept this quiet because I see a lot of people are shocked.

Abi falling to the ground made me break down😪

• Love 1

I was shocked to.   They finally gave Seb and fun storyline where he really shined.   And they kill him off.  Sure hope Corey and Kelly (and others) are found out quickly.   They should not drag this out like the Geoff storyline.   It won't take much to find out the truth re Corey's so-called alibi.   Asha was with Amy and I don't see Amy keeping quiet.  Summer witnessed Kelly slapping Nina and she'll eventually tell the truth.

• Love 1
1 minute ago, sas616 said:

I was shocked to.   They finally gave Seb and fun storyline where he really shined.   And they kill him off.  Sure hope Corey and Kelly (and others) are found out quickly.   They should not drag this out like the Geoff storyline.   It won't take much to find out the truth re Corey's so-called alibi.   Asha was with Amy and I don't see Amy keeping quiet.  Summer witnessed Kelly slapping Nina and she'll eventually tell the truth.

Did Summer see kelly slap  Nina? I thought she left before that? I dont see summer being ok with kelly slapping Nina. She definitely would have confronted Kelly about that. 

I also hope this dosen't drag out too long. 

• Love 1
20 hours ago, Cozytea said:

Did Summer see kelly slap  Nina? I thought she left before that? I dont see summer being ok with kelly slapping Nina. She definitely would have confronted Kelly about that. 

I also hope this dosen't drag out too long. 

Maybe I'm wrong and Summer didn't see it.   Maybe it was just the group heckling Nina and Seb that made her leave.  I must go back and rewatch the scene.

• Love 1
22 hours ago, sas616 said:

Maybe I'm wrong and Summer didn't see it.   Maybe it was just the group heckling Nina and Seb that made her leave.  I must go back and rewatch the scene.

Yeah, I went to rewatch it, summer left before Kelly slapped Nina. The slapping actually made me gasp. Ugh, that Kelly. I wish corey and his gang of sumbags would get their punishment  and we could see the street deal with this horrible attack.  

I loved Mary trying to get Asha away from Corey.  

• Love 1
(edited)
2 hours ago, Tiggertoo said:

Damn, I was so excited to see activity in the Corrie board.  Now I’m spoiled for something really sad!

Sorry. 

Maybe thats why there isn't a lot of activity on this board.  I have worried about posting thoughts on here in the past.  I know Canada is 2 weeks behind the UK but so many people stream  it here in the states that we are up to date with UK viewers.  

Again sorry. It really is excellently done so still worth watching. 

I love the show Line of Duty but im only on season 4. I watch gogglebox on YouTube  and they showed the last few minutes of the of the series finale on there 😄. I'll still watch.

Edited by Cozytea
  • Love 1