Type keyword(s) to search

Coronation Street - General Discussion

• Start Topic

On 10/18/2023 at 7:34 PM, politichick said:

Still not watching, Cobbles fans? There's so much to discuss!

Yes, me! 
but I’m having trouble with replies. Hallways through typing the site refreshes the page and deletes everything I’ve typed. 

So I’ve given up until it sorts itself out. 

I’ve probably just got time to say the stories have taken yet another ridiculous turn and there’s more holes in them than a moth eaten T shirt 

• Like 1
Spoiler

Thank goodness the Aadi/Courtney debacle has come to its inevitable end. I always thought it was really stupid. Talk about pussy whipped!

Ryan and Daisy are also making me sick. I want to like her but she always has to go overboard and do whatever floats her boat at the moment.

I don't understand why the police and banks can't trace the Underworld money. Can't they at least say it's in the works?

Joseph's wealthy grandmother is coming for an extended stay and of course Chessney and Gemma are going to get their knickers all twisted when Linda wants to help. I get they have their pride, but the way they're living is pretty sad, especially with all of those kids. I'd love to see the sleeping arrangements. Gemma is on anxiety meds because their life is so stressful because of money problems and Paul's health; she should be glad of any help she can get.

Spoiler

So sad that no one's watching and commenting. I haven't a single soul with whom to discuss this frustrating but beloved soap.

Damon's back and Sarah is as dumb as ever, giving him an alibi.

Jenny is driving me mad. She thinks she knows it all and won't listen to Daisy's ideas. Talk about ungrateful. She'd still be in Rita's spare room if it weren't for her.

Absolutely CANNOT stand this Bobby character. Worst addition ever!

I really, really hope that Ed is done with gambling and where the bloody hell is Aggie! I keep googling the actress's name and come up with blanks.

Also loathe Cassie and now she's got her sights set on Kevin. She's trouble with a capital everything.

15 hours ago, politichick said:
  Hide contents

So sad that no one's watching and commenting. I haven't a single soul with whom to discuss this frustrating but beloved soap.

Damon's back and Sarah is as dumb as ever, giving him an alibi.

Jenny is driving me mad. She thinks she knows it all and won't listen to Daisy's ideas. Talk about ungrateful. She'd still be in Rita's spare room if it weren't for her.

Absolutely CANNOT stand this Bobby character. Worst addition ever!

I really, really hope that Ed is done with gambling and where the bloody hell is Aggie! I keep googling the actress's name and come up with blanks.

Also loathe Cassie and now she's got her sights set on Kevin. She's trouble with a capital everything.

Spoiler

Still watching here, I’m just spending so much time eye rolling that I have nothing positive to say. 

this whole Rovers purchase is insanely ridiculous-it’s like the writers are 12 and don’t understand how property purchases work. 
I work for a high street bank, and I can 100% promise you that that purchase would not go through! For anything over a certain amount, you have to provide a paper trail of evidence as to where the funds have come from. For example, if you say it was a gift, then the person who ‘gifted’ it has to provide bank statements to prove where they themselves got it from, or prove accumulation of funds saved over a period of time. 
Without any of this evidence, the sale would not go through and a fraud report would be initiated and fully investigated, funds would be frozen while the investigation was going through….. it’s beyond ridiculous. 

And don’t even get me started on Daisy repeatedly harping on about how Jenny is owed compensation-why should Carla be the one paying the compenstaion?? Steven was an employee! Not a business owner 

2 hours ago, Tallulah7606 said:
  Reveal spoiler

Still watching here, I’m just spending so much time eye rolling that I have nothing positive to say. 

this whole Rovers purchase is insanely ridiculous-it’s like the writers are 12 and don’t understand how property purchases work. 
I work for a high street bank, and I can 100% promise you that that purchase would not go through! For anything over a certain amount, you have to provide a paper trail of evidence as to where the funds have come from. For example, if you say it was a gift, then the person who ‘gifted’ it has to provide bank statements to prove where they themselves got it from, or prove accumulation of funds saved over a period of time. 
Without any of this evidence, the sale would not go through and a fraud report would be initiated and fully investigated, funds would be frozen while the investigation was going through….. it’s beyond ridiculous. 

And don’t even get me started on Daisy repeatedly harping on about how Jenny is owed compensation-why should Carla be the one paying the compenstaion?? Steven was an employee! Not a business owner 

Spoiler

the actor who plays bobby is a standup comedian who came second in "Britain's Got Talent" when he was 14.

i wonder why they don't just do a temporary recast for Aggie.

The only good thing about Corrie right now is David.  Also, glad to see Steve in the past few episodes.     

Not looking forward to Paul's story--looks like it will be coming to an end soon. 

Not happy to see Damon back.  Didn't like him the 1st time around.  No doubt Sarah will be sucked into his vortex again.  If she does, she deserves him. 

Cannot stand Bobby.   He should be kicked to the curb.  If he's supposed to bring the humor, epic fail.

I’m watching Canadian time, so these are all future events for me.  I don’t even know who Bobby is.

I assume the actress who plays Aggie must be sick or something.  She’s been gone for ages.

I spotted Eileen the other day, just for a moment.  Hope to see more of her. 

In Canada, we’re just leading up to Christmas.  Daniel has just discovered that Daisy cheated on him.  And it’s Hope birthday.  Honestly, very boring right now. The highlight is Evelyn rescuing a dog from an abusive owner. Oh, and Asha rowing with her girlfriend.  I hate those nose rings so much. 

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Tiggertoo said:

I’m watching Canadian time, so these are all future events for me.  I don’t even know who Bobby is.

Think yourself lucky.

• LOL 1
On 1/3/2024 at 10:18 PM, sas616 said:

The only good thing about Corrie right now is David.  Also, glad to see Steve in the past few episodes.     

Not looking forward to Paul's story--looks like it will be coming to an end soon. 

Not happy to see Damon back.  Didn't like him the 1st time around.  No doubt Sarah will be sucked into his vortex again.  If she does, she deserves him. 

Cannot stand Bobby.   He should be kicked to the curb.  If he's supposed to bring the humor, epic fail.

I loathe Bobby and definitely agree he's an epic fail. He tries to act like he's too cool for school, but he's just a user who is not funny AT ALL.

Sarah is a fool and I really don't care for her. 

Also, can't wait to learn what Brittany is up to and Lauren, as well.

On 2/9/2024 at 11:08 AM, Shrek said:

Did Britbox stop showing this? There has only been one episode in 7 days.

I've been watching it on Britbox in Boston, but they did miss episode 17, which I watched on dailymotion.uk. 

8 hours ago, sas616 said:

Nearly every time there's a Sunday episode, Britbox doesn't post it.   Happend again.

FWIW, I think the episode that aired on Sunday in the UK is the same episode that we got on Britbox on Friday.  

I don’t know if it’s just a temporary thing, but they seemed to have toned Bobby down a bit, he’s much more tolerable now, even bordering on ‘almost’ likeable. I just hope they keep up this more human side of him and bin the terrible jokes and obnoxious personality 

Oh, don’t make me go to Reddit.  Ugh.   (I know I will.)

Bobby has improved enormously.

A lot of people on Twitter are upset over the Roy is a murderer storyline.  But I imagine the actor is enjoying the challenge.  Also, interesting to see how loveable Roy is portrayed as creepy on social media.  I think that part is well done. 

• Like 2