Type keyword(s) to search

Grimm Spoilers and Spoiler Discussion

SimoneS

(edited)
7 hours ago, Lii said:

If this ends up being a Nick v Renard season, it's actually possible Nick might regain some of his former badassery, building from the end of last season. I'd be all in on that. Especially if Adalind stays off in her own plotline with the kids, like she always used to. Then I can happily fast forward her crap without wondering if I'm missing anything relevant to the plot 

My guess is that Adalind will be some tragic character who is stuck with Renard, pines for Nick, and ultimately sacrifices herself  (which is completely against her character in seasons 1-4 and, frankly, not something I want to see).  I would much prefer it if she just goes back to the dark side, teams up with Renard, and Nick fights both of them.  

I'm going to take a wait and see with this season, although I will say what little we've heard sounds promising (other than the love triangle and weepy Juliette).  Of course, it would be just typical for them to pull out a strong (half) season and then get canceled.

Edited by OtterMommy

The truth is Grimm has turned into a soap opera with the WTD (who's the Daddy) or WTM (who's the Momma)  babies (Diana and Kelly Jr.), love triangles/quads and the sloppy back and forth sex between Renard/Adalind, Renard/Juliette, Nick/Juliette, Nick/Adalind, not dead Juliette Eve as Renard/Rachel.  Nasty, heifers.

• Love 2

@Darklazr You're not wrong. These bitches. And by these bitches I mean these showrunners. Last season especially was straight up the season of skank.

@OtterMommy Now now, I thought we were going to close our eyes really tight and pretend weepy Juliette never happened. She died back in season 2 when she fell in the giant plot hole in the floor, remember? The trailer is fine, and the only Kelly on the show is a perfectly healthy, fully grown adult. Deep breaths. It's all going to be fine. Monroe is going to talk about clocks some more and we will definitely get a proper Christmas episode.

• Love 3

@Lii, I see a lot of primetime show runners (Shonda Rhimes, cough, cough!) denying that their shows are soap operas when they utilize a lot of the same techniques that I mentioned above.  Grimm jumped the shark when they had Juliette having sex with Renard and then Kenneth in the bed that she shared with Nick.  Nasty.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, Darklazr said:

@Lii, I see a lot of primetime show runners (Shonda Rhimes, cough, cough!) denying that their shows are soap operas when they utilize a lot of the same techniques that I mentioned above.  Grimm jumped the shark when they had Juliette having sex with Renard and then Kenneth in the bed that she shared with Nick.  Nasty.

Here is the difference though, Shonda Rhimes may be denying her shows are soaps, but they are actually very good soaps, and have been from their first episodes (well, Grey's is...I don't watch any others. Still, even with all its faults, it is a far better soap than any from the "golden age").  Grimm, however, is a very bad soap, or at least the last season and a half was. 

I don't necessarily think being a soap opera is a bad thing. I think being a bad soap opera is a bad thing.  Well, being a procedural that turns into a soap is also a bad thing.  

The spoilers for season 6 may be intriguing, but they definitely do NOT indicate a return to a procedural, which makes me think we're in for more suds.  I just hope they are better than the ones this show has given us so far.

• Love 1

That really is the whole point. Be a soap or don't. But be a good one, if that's what you are. Be a good representative of whatever your genre may be. Also, don't just switch genres completely from whatever it started out as because it's too expensive or difficult or whatever. Your fanbase didn't sign up to be jerked around like that.

• Love 2
(edited)

This might fit better in the Media thread, but it goes along with the spoilers we've been discussing.  They've released the Season 6 artwork...and it kind of strengthens my feelings about the spoilers for the season.  I do think that what has come out (well, most of it) is intriguing, but this poster with Nick's face half darkened kind of tells me that we should give up on ever seeing a procedural on this show again...

Also, the "its not over it" makes me think that they are trying to wrap things up...or maybe not....

Grimm6.jpg

Edited by OtterMommy
(edited)
10 hours ago, Lii said:

Ugh, I can't get the article to stop crashing halfway through, can you paste it here pretty please? I wasn't done vomiting yet. 

"Grimm" Season 6 is anything but a neat package of endings as S6 tease says Nick Burkhardt (David Giuntoli) has a dark side. With such a change in Nick Burkhardt, Adalind Schade (Claire Coffee) and Juliette Silverton (Bitsie Tulloch) may need to team up to save the Grimm from what might be a Pandora's Box.

"Grimm" Season 5 finale saw Juliette Silverton peek through the psyche of Eve when Nick Burkhardt tried to save her from death with the Crucifixion stick. Nick Burkhardt was also saved by the Crucifixion stick when Black Claw shot him multiple times in "Grimm" Season 5.

NBC will air the "Grimm" Season 6 premiere on Oct 9. What consequences do think will the magic stick have on Juliette Silverton (besides becoming a rival to Adalind Schade), Monroe and Nick Burkhardt in "Grimm" Season 6?

Insert projectile vomiting emoji here:  X

Edited by saoirse
10 hours ago, Lii said:

Ugh, I can't get the article to stop crashing halfway through, can you paste it here pretty please? I wasn't done vomiting yet. 

My vomiting has ceased for the moment, so here are my thoughts:

1) Nick will have to go dark / bad in order to justify him taking not dead Juliette Eve back.

2) Adalind, not dead Juliette Eve and Diana will all work together to SAVE dark / bad Nick, cause, reasons and we have to justify their powers versus the title character being a, Grimm.

3) Renard's turn to the dark / bad will be justified, because not dead Juliette Eve Renard #2 smoked the hat and he  was NOT clued in by his subordinates (Hank, Nick and Wu) and he will be redeemed before the show ends.

4) Diana will magically morph into a thirty something before dying and saving the entire planet and letting us in on a little secret that Momma Grimm is alive.

5) Adalind, not dead Juliette Eve and Diana will help cure Wu's wolf like tendencies.

6) Hank will eventually forgive the therapist and end up dead down the road, because, reasons.

7) Renard will end up as Mayor

8) Adalind, not dead Juliette Eve and Nick will become sister wives and raise Kelly Jr.

9) Monroe and Rosalie will end up with triplets.

10) I will now find something chocolate to ease my queasiness. 

On ‎7‎/‎23‎/‎2016 at 0:40 PM, Darklazr said:

4) Diana will magically morph into a thirty something...

8) Adalind, not dead Juliette Eve and Nick will become sister wives and raise Kelly Jr.

Great list!  Now that you've had a chance to quell your nausea, allow me to jumpstart it again by combining your #4 and #8.  Since Diana isn't related to Nick, the love triangle becomes a quadrangle when 30-year-old Diana falls for Nick.  She becomes part of Nick's concubine of sister wives.

(edited)
18 hours ago, SnarkyTart said:

Great list!  Now that you've had a chance to quell your nausea, allow me to jumpstart it again by combining your #4 and #8.  Since Diana isn't related to Nick, the love triangle becomes a quadrangle when 30-year-old Diana falls for Nick.  She becomes part of Nick's concubine of sister wives.

Ha!  Diana will steal her mother's DNA, smoke the hat and screw Nick in the same bed that he shares with her mother and not dead Juliette Eve.  Diana will then show off her pregnant belly with Nick's baby much to the horror of UNCLE Sean, a dead eye not dead Juliette Eve and a resigned Adalind that she created this mess!

Edited by Darklazr
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, Darklazr said:

I am sure whatever the show comes up with will be sleazy AF.

I'm not disagreeing with this, but I live in hope that they will try and walk back a bit from what they've given us for the last 2 seasons or so.  If you look at the average rating per episode, it went UP for the first 3 seasons, dropped a bit for the 4th, then fell through the floor to the basement in the 5th.  I just feel like they (the show runners) have got this idea into their heads that they have to be provocative and "edgy" to keep viewers, when the ratings have shown the opposite is true.

Also, I really wish that NBC would shit or get off the pot on how long the season is going to be.  If it is only going to be 13, then make that official. This "we can always increase the order" crap is just giving KGC a long enough rope to hang themselves.

On 7/26/2016 at 3:03 PM, OtterMommy said:

I'm not disagreeing with this, but I live in hope that they will try and walk back a bit from what they've given us for the last 2 seasons or so.  If you look at the average rating per episode, it went UP for the first 3 seasons, dropped a bit for the 4th, then fell through the floor to the basement in the 5th.  I just feel like they (the show runners) have got this idea into their heads that they have to be provocative and "edgy" to keep viewers, when the ratings have shown the opposite is true.

Also, I really wish that NBC would shit or get off the pot on how long the season is going to be.  If it is only going to be 13, then make that official. This "we can always increase the order" crap is just giving KGC a long enough rope to hang themselves.

I stopped watching Once Upon...when it started back up in the Fall of 2015, because the show was just off the rails, convoluted and sleazy AF.  I still think Grimm looked around at the other supernatural type shows and then just threw in all kinds of sleaze as you stated to be "edgy" when it wasn't needed.  I fully expect Nick/Juliette, Renard/Adalind, Monroe/Rosalie and Hank/Zuri to end up as the final couples when the show pulls the plug.  If this is the final 13 episodes for Grimm, I hope it goes out with a bang.  At least we can all come here and talk about how awesome the show could have been if they had looked at s1 - s3 and gotten back on track.

• Love 2

Not super spoilery, but it fits better here than anywhere else.

It looks like they've been filming this season a little out of order.  From what I can see from IG posts (mostly from Elizabeth Tulloch), they've filmed 601 and 603 consecutively....but not sure about 602.  Now, logistically, this might be because David Giuntoli was directing both those episodes and perhaps they scheduled things so that he could get prep for those episodes at once and then slip back into just his actor role. 

For those of you more in the know, is this common in TV filming? This is all just curiousity on my part.  I was thinking of tuning back in to watch these two episodes just to lend proverbial support to DG as a director....

1 hour ago, Darklazr said:

I know daytime soaps block tape and shoot multiples episodes in one day if that helps!

Yeah, I knew things like that happened with soap operas because they have to work within union schedules, etc.  As far as I know, Grimm has always filmed in sequence--I think they film each episode in 8 days with a 1 day break between episodes?  So, the fact that they went out of sequence is interesting here.  Of course, it could just be so that DG would have time to prepare for both episodes.

On 8/10/2016 at 3:23 PM, OtterMommy said:

Not super spoilery, but it fits better here than anywhere else.

It looks like they've been filming this season a little out of order.  From what I can see from IG posts (mostly from Elizabeth Tulloch), they've filmed 601 and 603 consecutively....but not sure about 602.  Now, logistically, this might be because David Giuntoli was directing both those episodes and perhaps they scheduled things so that he could get prep for those episodes at once and then slip back into just his actor role. 

For those of you more in the know, is this common in TV filming? This is all just curiousity on my part.  I was thinking of tuning back in to watch these two episodes just to lend proverbial support to DG as a director....

I stand corrected on this.  Apparently DG is only directing 603 and they filmed that episode first-they are currently filming the season premiere.  I must have misinterpreted it when they said something like he would be directing the first episode to be filmed versus the first episode of the season.

Shooting schedule on a tv show that shoots on location can be impacted by many things.  If, for example, they wanted to use a particular venue but didn't get permission for the week they were filming a particular episode, they may just change everything around.  Actor availability (maybe they wanted a particular guest star that had other commitments), weather, etc.

• Love 1
4 hours ago, WearyTraveler said:

Shooting schedule on a tv show that shoots on location can be impacted by many things.  If, for example, they wanted to use a particular venue but didn't get permission for the week they were filming a particular episode, they may just change everything around.  Actor availability (maybe they wanted a particular guest star that had other commitments), weather, etc.

True...but it looks from what has been posted by several cast members that most, if not all, of this episode was filmed on a set (spoiler....lots of Spice Shop scenes).  Of course, I don't know how many other shows film at that sound stage or how the whole scheduling of space, sharing of space, etc works.

A show has use of a sound stage for the duration of filming the season. Some sets are built and stay in place for the whole season. Others are set up as needed and then packed up and stored. One production does not share a space with another production.

Filming episodes out of order works at the beginning of the season because writers typically start work in June and have several scripts completed before filming starts in July. This year Grimm started filming a month later than usual, I believe. As the season progresses the writers lose their lead and filming out of order becomes more difficult because scripts for later episodes are not finished yet.

• Love 1

As I've said, I have yet to watch the season 5 finale (well, I have yet to watch anything in season 5 past the episode with Uncle Felix) so I'm not sure if this is something that happened in the finale or if it is an actual spoiler.

Anyway, Elizabeth Tulloch posted a picture of her and David Giuntoli and Suzanne Bonamici (the congresswoman from my district) and, in this picture, both ET and DG are in costume and Nick's, well, a bit shot up in the chest.

Anyway, it looks like Nick gets shot up at some point (as I said, it may have already happened....).  My guess is that is how the dark side of the magic stick comes into play.....

2 minutes ago, OtterMommy said:

As I've said, I have yet to watch the season 5 finale (well, I have yet to watch anything in season 5 past the episode with Uncle Felix) so I'm not sure if this is something that happened in the finale or if it is an actual spoiler.

Anyway, Elizabeth Tulloch posted a picture of her and David Giuntoli and Suzanne Bonamici (the congresswoman from my district) and, in this picture, both ET and DG are in costume and Nick's, well, a bit shot up in the chest.

Anyway, it looks like Nick gets shot up at some point (as I said, it may have already happened....).  My guess is that is how the dark side of the magic stick comes into play.....

Hey, like you I didn't watch the Season 5 finale (yet, but I am planning on to eventually) but then again, if Nick did get shot at the end of the Season 5 finale, this won't be the first time he was able to come back from the dead. 

• Love 1
12 hours ago, TVSpectator said:

Hey, like you I didn't watch the Season 5 finale (yet, but I am planning on to eventually) but then again, if Nick did get shot at the end of the Season 5 finale, this won't be the first time he was able to come back from the dead. 

Big YUP!

The more I hear about this, the more it just sounds like a rehash of the Zombie Nick episodes.  Those weren't particularly inspired, but they did provide some chase and action scenes and then everything was tied up neatly with just one or two loose threads (you know, Nick doing his gray thing) because, well, this is Grimm.  

My guess is that Evil Nick will be over and done with by the end of episode 3 and then we can go back to things that really count....who will Nick bang next?

It really isn't surprising (but then, with this show, what is?).  Season 3 was the most successful, at least in terms of ratings, so when the morons behind the show think that should "go back to the roots," that means to them to go back and do what they've already done.  

On 8/18/2016 at 5:42 PM, OtterMommy said:

http://www.oregonlive.com/tv/2016/08/grimm_season_6_two_stars_are_e.html

I almost put this in the media thread, but there are some spoilery bits...and non-spoiler bits...and Sasha's amazing suit.

The big take away is that NBC says they still haven't decided if season 6 is the last season, if they will keep it at 13 episodes or extend it to 22, or when it will debut.  

Lawd.  What a cluserxxxxxxx.  Maybe the writers will do better flying by the seat of their pants versus knowing in advance they have 22 versus 13 episodes for s6.

Okay - here is my spoiler. They were filming on SE Milwaukie avenue next to Brooklyn park today, and I went to look during my lunch break. The set designers had transformed this appliance shop to Wuerstner's refrigerator repair. The sign maker did a great job, aging the signs to make it look like there was some moss buildup and dirt, or it was an old sign. Another thing I just noticed is that I swear the cross street was "SE Mark st" but on the map, this is Rhine street, so perhaps they altered this for the shot.

https://www.google.com/maps/@45.4974953,-122.6533669,3a,75y,180h,91.11t,0.35r/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sdkRwwkWmuQnkkhsYgKEg-g!2e0!7i13312!8i6656

Anyhow, I was lucky enough to see them film a shot where Bud Wuerstner was jumping out of his orange pickup truck parked where the van is in the streetview link above. He runs to the garage and pulls open the door. Right away, Monroe is pushing out an icebox style freezer from the garage and they both lift it into the truck. Then Bud looks to the west, gets a scared look on his face, and rushes back into the garage to slam the door shut.

On their set, next to the stop sign, there was a fake SWAT or S.E.R.T. militarized vehicle with actors wearing helmets holding battering rams. There were also various police cars parked to the side, and a black Chevy Tahoe with some unidentified people wearing suits as though they were government agents or the verrat or mafia or something.  Milwaukie is a fairly high traffic street, so I wonder if people driving along were wondering what the deal was. A staffer came over and said that everyone standing there would be in their next shot involving the SERT vehicle. Half the onlookers were designated extras. Some decided that the ice box is probably where they were hiding a dead body.

Edited by ottilie
9 minutes ago, ottilie said:

Okay - here is my spoiler. They were filming on SE Milwaukie avenue next to Brooklyn park today, and I went to look during my lunch break. The set designers had transformed this appliance shop to Wuerstner's refrigerator repair. The sign maker did a great job, aging the signs to make it look like there was some moss buildup and dirt, or it was an old sign. Another thing I just noticed is that I swear the cross street was "SE Mark st" but on the map, this is Rhine street, so perhaps they altered this for the shot.

https://www.google.com/maps/@45.4974953,-122.6533669,3a,75y,180h,91.11t,0.35r/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sdkRwwkWmuQnkkhsYgKEg-g!2e0!7i13312!8i6656

Anyhow, I was lucky enough to see them film a shot where Bud Wuerstner was jumping out of his orange pickup truck parked where the van is in the streetview link above. He runs to the garage and pulls open the door. Right away, Monroe is pushing out an icebox style freezer from the garage and they both lift it into the truck. Then Bud looks to the west, gets a scared look on his face, and rushes back into the garage to slam the door shut.

On their set, next to the stop sign, there was a fake SWAT or S.E.R.T. militarized vehicle with actors wearing helmets holding battering rams. There were also various police cars parked to the side, and a black Chevy Tahoe with some unidentified people wearing suits as though they were government agents or the verrat or mafia or something.  Milwaukie is a fairly high traffic street, so I wonder if people driving along were wondering what the deal was. A staffer came over and said that everyone standing there would be in their next shot involving the SERT vehicle. Half the onlookers were designated extras. Some decided that the ice box is probably where they were hiding a dead body.

Yay!  A real spoiler!  This is either 601 or 602....

And if you want to know what is in the icebox....(not a spoiler....)

Edited by OtterMommy
  • Love 1

weird. By their rushing movements, it seemed like he was doing something other than delivering an ordinary freezer, but isn't it a basic safety practice that you shouldn't leave someone inside one, where they will run out of oxygen?

didn't want to linger, watching their sequence of scenes. I did wonder what Bud was supposed to be surprised by, looking down the road. It could not have been that he suddenly noticed the SWAT team waiting on the corner. But, it is likely that the SWAT team is playing a role in the next scene. Also, I noticed that one regular staff sergeant (forget his name) who is one of the only remaining muggles.

At the end of last season, we were left with the cliffhanger that Renard's daughter stabbed Bonaparte, the warlock-black claw leader guy right after Renard had switched sides to supporting black claw (after he had killed poor Marwan a few episodes before?). My whole presumption is that because Nick clearly has the upper hand with his stick, he will need to declare that he is now the one who calls the shots to Renard, who returns to the office of mayor. There were quite a few murders and events in Portland that evening which will need to be explained, but Nick will have a hard time explaining to the general public what really happened, revealing the existence of magical creatures, and that the mayor is part of black claw.

But after that, it is hard to tell. Renard could realize he needs to make an alliance or evade Nick, and he will have the problem with his black claw allies.

FYI - I recently was driving through Sisters OR and gave a ride to some hitchhikers with a sign- they were doing the Pacific Crest Trail and needed a ride from where they were getting supplies back to the trailhead. They spoke about how everyone thinks the PCT is popular because of Wild but not necessarily so. I told them about Buddymoon, as a movie to add to the genre, but coming from another angle and they hadn't heard of it. I described it as a movie where the main characters weren't necessarily acting.

Edited by ottilie
8 minutes ago, ottilie said:

But after that, it is hard to tell. Renard could realize he needs to make an alliance or evade Nick, and he will have the problem with his black claw allies..

In the Oregonian article above, it is pretty clear that Renard is very much the big bad, at least at the beginning of the season.  I mean, that makes more sense than pretty much anything that happened in season 5, but it still seems cheap considering he was at least nefarious in season 1, turned in season 2, Nick's fairy godfather in seasons 3 and 4, and now evil? I would rather have a pissed off Adalind as the big bad...but whatevs.  I'm just hoping for something watchable this season.

But.. the power seems to lean towards Nick because he has the wand. Of course, maybe Renard somehow steals it away from him, and becomes powerful that way. And he could raise a wesen army to do his bidding.

5 hours ago, OtterMommy said:

In the Oregonian article above, it is pretty clear that Renard is very much the big bad, at least at the beginning of the season.  I mean, that makes more sense than pretty much anything that happened in season 5, but it still seems cheap considering he was at least nefarious in season 1, turned in season 2, Nick's fairy godfather in seasons 3 and 4, and now evil? I would rather have a pissed off Adalind as the big bad...but whatevs.  I'm just hoping for something watchable this season.

Renard turning bad happened AFTER not dead Juliette Eve smoked the hat, turned her self into Renard#2, raped Rachel and he got his kid back.  It makes no sense why Hank, Nick, Wu, Monroe, Rosalie and not dead Juliette Eve have not figured out the sequence of events leading to Renard siding with BC.  Heck, I figured out and it should be easier for the characters!

11 hours ago, Darklazr said:

Renard turning bad happened AFTER not dead Juliette Eve smoked the hat, turned her self into Renard#2, raped Rachel and he got his kid back.  It makes no sense why Hank, Nick, Wu, Monroe, Rosalie and not dead Juliette Eve have not figured out the sequence of events leading to Renard siding with BC.  Heck, I figured out and it should be easier for the characters!

Again, I didn't watch much of this season and only followed with recaps and what you all have said here, but it really, really doesn't make sense.  I mean, what is the motivation????  It sounds like the show is telling us that the motivation is that Renard is a Zauberbiest and Hexen/Zauberbiests lust power. I could actually get behind that, but that WASN'T his motivation for seasons 2-4 after it being his motivation in the first season.  Also, if that is the true root, Eve wasn't exactly out for "power" as much as she was out for what she considered justice (and HexenJuliette was, I guess, acting out on her resentments).  The mess that is Adalind screws that theory even more because she was just as power hungry when she wasn't a Hexenbiest (seasons 2-3) and then somehow was meek and mild when she was technically still a hexenbiest but "suppressed."

This is why I think a pissed off Adalind is a much better antagonist, especially ending the series.  Nick rejects her romantically (and that doesn't have to mean he picks back up with Eve/Juliette/Whoever the hell she is) and takes Kelly away for, let's face it, some pretty good reasons:  Adalind may be his mother (if they decide to stay on that road), but she did put Kelly in danger by taking him with her to Black Claw away from his father (by the way, that's kidnapping) AND it doesn't sound like Big Sis is going to be playing nice with him.  So now Adalind has a reason to go after Nick that is not "well, she's a hexenbiest and she's mean and evil" and is also a reason that he can't really Grimm his way out of*.

I have a feeling from the news that NBC is still waffling that they are waiting to see what the show runners have thought up for this year and if it is worth investing more than 13 episodes in.  If I were the head honcho and NBC, I would either cut the cord on this show now or get rid of KGC and pull in someone who can at least tie things up well.  I'd also force my sports commentators to take mandatory training on gender sensitivity, but that's another forum....

Edited to add: * That's not exactly what I mean.  What I was trying to say is that it would put the show in the position of ending the series with Nick in a conflict due to WHO he is, not WHAT he is...which I think would be a smart move and a good way to tie "Nick the Man" and "Nick the Grimm", something that HE'S struggled with throughout the series, finally together.

Edited by OtterMommy

Renard's only motivation to join BC and run for Mayor happened AFTER the smoking hat routine pulled by not dead Juliette Eve and Rachel showing up at his home with Diana.  The Captain was happily helping his friend run for Mayor and then Rachel put the moves on him while they were working on a TV ad.  Yes, Renard can't seem to keep it in his pants after the antics with Adalind, Catherine, Mia and not dead Juliette Eve.  

Off topic, sort of.  Elisabeth left Portland to go find Kelly and it has been almost 18 months since she left town.  Is the show going to bring Renard's mother back before the series end or is she just wandering the US looking for a woman that is already (supposedly) dead?

If NBC was smart, yes they would replace the current show runners, but I don't see that happening.  So, hopefully someone at NBC is taking a hard look at when the ratings dropped after s3 and into s4 and make the show runners either fix their mess, pronto, or they will not extend after the initial 13.  

Personally, it would be kind of awesome if uber powerful Diana set things in motion that 2016 reverts back to 2011 when Marie came to town and Nick is the only one retaining those memories.   How would Nick the Man, Grimm and Detective handle all of these memories?  Will Nick tell Juliette the truth from the beginning or end the relationship, because he knows she will end up as a hexenbiest?  Will Nick tell Marie everything that happened since 2011 and that he found the magic stick!..lol.. and knows his mother Kelly is still alive?  

14 minutes ago, Darklazr said:

Off topic, sort of.  Elisabeth left Portland to go find Kelly and it has been almost 18 months since she left town.  Is the show going to bring Renard's mother back before the series end or is she just wandering the US looking for a woman that is already (supposedly) dead?

Also, didn't Renard say at least once or twice how much he wanted Elizabeth to be in Diana's life or whatever?  Well, wouldn't now be a good time for Renard to give his mother a call.  I mean, as you pointed out in the plot holes, she is his ICE person....

2 hours ago, OtterMommy said:

Also, didn't Renard say at least once or twice how much he wanted Elizabeth to be in Diana's life or whatever?  Well, wouldn't now be a good time for Renard to give his mother a call.  I mean, as you pointed out in the plot holes, she is his ICE person....

Renard told Juliette back in s4 that he had no idea where to find his mother, because we all know she was off looking for Kelly and Diana.  Yes, plot holes.  Ugh.  This show drives me bonkers.  I will never understand why Renard did not hide Adalind and Diana at Henriette's home after he rescued the baby from Viktor's clutches and then slip them out of the country to his mother's estate.  Hell, Renard could have waited until things calmed down and slipped away from Portland with Adalind and Diana never to be seen or heard from again.  However, I loathed to stick my sexy pants Renard with Adalind and Diana.  Groan.

8 minutes ago, Darklazr said:

Renard told Juliette back in s4 that he had no idea where to find his mother, because we all know she was off looking for Kelly and Diana.  Yes, plot holes.  Ugh.  This show drives me bonkers.  I will never understand why Renard did not hide Adalind and Diana at Henriette's home after he rescued the baby from Viktor's clutches and then slip them out of the country to his mother's estate.  Hell, Renard could have waited until things calmed down and slipped away from Portland with Adalind and Diana never to be seen or heard from again.  However, I loathed to stick my sexy pants Renard with Adalind and Diana.  Groan.

Replying in the Everything Wrong thread....

oh - a woman with the appropriate type of camera for joining the paparazzi went out to the Würstner refrigerator repair set. It was neat that they continued to film scenes involving the freezer loaded into the truck but it isn't clear what is in it. She captured a pretty good scene where police cars are racing from the scene. I would say that the biggest spoiler here is that mayor Renard is clearly still acting in the role of police captain still (so he hasn't quit his job?) because he appears to be directly the SERT team to raid the business

http://thepdxgirl.com/?p=1418

• Love 1
4 hours ago, ottilie said:

oh - a woman with the appropriate type of camera for joining the paparazzi went out to the Würstner refrigerator repair set. It was neat that they continued to film scenes involving the freezer loaded into the truck but it isn't clear what is in it. She captured a pretty good scene where police cars are racing from the scene. I would say that the biggest spoiler here is that mayor Renard is clearly still acting in the role of police captain still (so he hasn't quit his job?) because he appears to be directly the SERT team to raid the business

http://thepdxgirl.com/?p=1418

Well, wasn't he just still the mayor-elect at the end of season 5?  If he hasn't been inaugurated, it would make sense that he'd still be a police captain (although he'd be transitioning out of that role....)

And, on a completely different note...I just watched that video and I do not envy Bree Turner.  It was HOT here the day they filmed that and she looks like the only actor who wasn't able to strip down between takes.  That sweater looks like murder on a day like that....

Also, it is good to see that they've rolled Franco out again.  Considering he is probably the only character left on the show who isn't "in" on the whole Grimm/Wesen thing, I hope that the actually use him  more.  At this point, I'd be happy with a show just about Bud and Franco.

Edited by OtterMommy

Because my children are obsessed with the filters on Snapchat, I've stated following some of the cast there as they do send out snaps (is that the right term?  I feel so old....) from the set and it looks like, from what Claire Coffee is posting, that there are some courtroom scenes coming up in about 602 or 604....