Type keyword(s) to search

Sex And The City - General Discussion

Message added by Black Knight,

The HBO sequel series, And Just Like That, has its own forum here.

• Start Topic

But Carrie trying to get Nina Katz to understand pales in comparison to Carrie wanting to talk to Natasha.   You have sex with another woman's husband in their bed you should hang your head in shame any time you hear her name let alone want to talk to her.  Natasha handled things with a lot more class than I would have.

I stick with my narcissist diagnosis. I didn’t care for Carrie much before this, but here’s one line on the loathe list.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, Scarlett45 said:

I think she was familiar with Steve, he was emotionally safe in a way Robert as not (they just had not been together long enough to establish any real intimacy). I think the writers wanted Miranda married at the end of the series, and Steve as a consistent regular was a better choice than Robert.

Except at Brady's birthday party, Miranda made it clear that she loved Steve, even tried to not say it because of Debbie. But she did. And she also proposed, and seemed - for Miranda - almost mushy and giddy when she did so.

So - IMO only - it wasn't about making things easier and because they had a kid. I think they just love each other.

• Love 2
6 minutes ago, WendyCR72 said:

Except at Brady's birthday party, Miranda made it clear that she loved Steve, even tried to not say it because of Debbie. But she did. And she also proposed, and seemed - for Miranda - almost mushy and giddy when she did so.

So - IMO only - it wasn't about making things easier and because they had a kid. I think they just love each other.

This is true, but without Brady, Steve and Miranda wouldn't have been spending all this time together and consistently in each other's orbit again. They had already broken up and gotten back together once before. 

They may have been "friendly" or hooked up in between relationships, but I do think a big part of Miranda's love for Steve was seeing him as a parent and wanting him around because of the stage of life she was in.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
21 minutes ago, Scarlett45 said:

They may have been "friendly" or hooked up in between relationships, but I do think a big part of Miranda's love for Steve was seeing him as a parent and wanting him around because of the stage of life she was in.

Viva la difference.  😎 I just see it completely differently. Miranda did not have to even become involved once she discovered Steve had cancer (from Aiden). She could have just told Aiden to tell Steve that she wished him well. Instead, she was upset. She certainly didn't have to go with him to the doctor to "shop" for a new "ball". (Writing that made me laugh.) And she didn't have to sleep with him (and conceive Brady).

Miranda seemed to still be attached to Steve, and he to her. Steve even made it clear he didn't want pity during the one scene where Miranda being nice to him was driving him crazy. They ARE as different as can be. But it worked for them. Opposites attracting, as it were.

But I realize POVs are all different, so I said mine and will leave it here. 😊

• Love 3
(edited)
3 hours ago, WendyCR72 said:

Viva la difference.  😎 I just see it completely differently. Miranda did not have to even become involved once she discovered Steve had cancer (from Aiden). She could have just told Aiden to tell Steve that she wished him well. Instead, she was upset. She certainly didn't have to go with him to the doctor to "shop" for a new "ball". (Writing that made me laugh.) And she didn't have to sleep with him (and conceive Brady).

Damn, she would have been a heartless bitch if she didn't use her smarts to help Steve and just "wished Steve well" with cancer.  Of course she wanted to help.  They still loved each other as friends. Even if she didn't love him as a friend, cancer is a huge deal.

I see it the way @Scarlett45 does.  When Miranda was actually pregnant Steve and Miranda had no interest in each other.  They were bickering like old friends, even when Steve "proposed" out of a sense of honour.  It was only when Steve became a parent and they were forced to see each other that Miranda fell into those feelings for him.

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Useful 1
  • Love 8
7 minutes ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

Damn, she would have been a heartless bitch if she didn't use her smarts to help Steve and just "wished Steve well" with cancer.  Of course she wanted to help.  They still loved each other as friends.

I see it the way @Scarlett45 does.  When Miranda was actually pregnant Steve and Miranda had no interest with each other.  They were bickering like old friends, even when Steve "proposed" out of a sense of honour.  It was only when Steve became a parent and they were forced to see each other that Miranda fell into those feelings for him.

Not really (i.e. Miranda being cold if she did not step in for Steve). Steve wasn't a hermit or the Hunchback. He had friends, and his mother (as this was a couple seasons before her dementia). It didn't fall to Miranda to have to become involved. She did by choice.

And, as I said, Miranda did not have to sleep with Steve. Or shop for his ball. (LOL!) She didn't have to be the one to nurse Steve after surgery, either. So we obviously see things through different lenses.

They were connected (IMO) well before Brady was even part of the equation.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
(edited)
3 hours ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

Damn, she would have been a heartless bitch if she didn't use her smarts to help Steve and just "wished Steve well" with cancer.  Of course she wanted to help.  They still loved each other as friends. Even if she didn't love him as a friend, cancer is a huge deal.

I see it the way @Scarlett45 does.  When Miranda was actually pregnant Steve and Miranda had no interest in each other.  They were bickering like old friends, even when Steve "proposed" out of a sense of honour.  It was only when Steve became a parent and they were forced to see each other that Miranda fell into those feelings for him.

Miranda definitely had a very tender side. I'm sure she would have been there for any one of her friends in the same situation. I agree that cancer is a huge deal even if it happens to someone you don't love. I've gotten upset finding out different people have cancer. You don't like the thought of anyone dealing with something so scary and thinking of the worst outcomes. 

Spend enough time with someone, and you will often catch feelings imo. It could be someone very different than the person you picture yourself with. 

Edited by RealHousewife
  • Love 4
20 minutes ago, RealHousewife said:

Spend enough time with someone, and you will often catch feelings imo. It could be someone very different than the person you picture yourself with. 

You can also fall for people in "heightened situations" that you wouldn't normally fall for.  Playing together with a cute baby all day has got to be one of those 😆

• Love 4

On my way home from work yesterday the song No Ordinary Love by Sade was on Pandora.  My first thought was oh that is the song that played when Samantha and Richard danced at the rooftop pool.

And I couldn't help but wonder (I say in my best Carrie voice) why Samantha fell for Richard.  I think she thought he was a good match for her. He was older. Was well established.  He treated her well (until she found him between another woman's legs).  I think she let her guard down and unfortunately she got hurt.  My heart always breaks for her when she breaks the heart after catching Richard cheating.  

What do my fellow posters think made Samantha fall for Richard?

• Love 3
19 minutes ago, ifionlyknew said:

On my way home from work yesterday the song No Ordinary Love by Sade was on Pandora.  My first thought was oh that is the song that played when Samantha and Richard danced at the rooftop pool.

"No Ordinary Love" is my favourite but it was actually "By Your Side" by Sade.  

• Love 4
(edited)
24 minutes ago, ifionlyknew said:

What do my fellow posters think made Samantha fall for Richard?

Samantha was really challenged by Richard.  Not necessarily in a good way.  Usually men are all about her but Richard was unimpressed and didn't even want to hire her.  It made Samantha vulnerable right away and she was even crying at work.  So I think she really wanted to impress him and when she did, she was put in a bad position of really wanting to win him over.  Then when Carrie got engaged they both found out that they both hated commitment and just loved sex and fun.  Samantha was charmed that he "seemed" like the kind of guy she wanted.  Unfortunately she fell for him harder than she probably ever thought she would.  

He was also exciting, rich, and powerful and could whisk her away on his jet so yeah she liked that too.... 

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 4
5 minutes ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

"No Ordinary Love" is my favourite but it was actually "By Your Side" by Sade.  

Damnit.  I knew it was a Sade song.  LOL

3 minutes ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

Then when Carrie got engaged they both found out that they both hated commitment and just loved sex and fun. 

She even said she caught monogamy from her friends.

Also Richard let her believe he was going to be faithful. After they kicked that blond hostess out after the failed threesome.  

• Love 5
20 minutes ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

Samantha was really challenged by Richard.  Not necessarily in a good way.  Usually men are all about her but Richard was unimpressed and didn't even want to hire her.  It made Samantha vulnerable right away and she was even crying at work.  So I think she really wanted to impress him and when she did, she was put in a bad position of really wanting to win him over.  Then when Carrie got engaged they both found out that they both hated commitment and just loved sex and fun.  Samantha was charmed that he "seemed" like the kind of guy she wanted.  Unfortunately she fell for him harder than she probably ever thought she would.  

He was also exciting, rich, and powerful and could whisk her away on his jet so yeah she liked that too.... 

You said it better than I could've said. I think she and Richard had similar lifestyles and goals, and well as the amazing sex, so it was easy for her to fall for him. He intellectually stimulated her which not a lot of guys did (Samantha was a smart woman). 

She wanted to believe he would be faithful, but Richard didnt want that. I think he probably told himself he did because Samantha was a catch, and like Big did later, Richard probably knew that he was getting older and "hunting" was going to get tiring. I kind of think Richard wanted to get caught- refresh my memory, did Samantha have a key to his place? Why would you cheat on your partner where they have a KEY unless you wanted them to perhaps catch you? (unless you knew they were out of town or something)

I think he may have stayed faithful for a little while to not lose Samantha again, but he wouldve found a random attractive and acted on it just because he could. Samantha couldnt put herself through that again.

• Love 3
16 minutes ago, Scarlett45 said:

Why would you cheat on your partner where they have a KEY unless you wanted them to perhaps catch you? (unless you knew they were out of town or something)

Yes. Richard owned hotels. He could have cheated any number of places and not got caught. Clearly Samantha suspected or why would she have followed him? 

I've posted before I absolutely loved her throwing the drink in his face when he asked her to meet him in a restaurant to apologize.  Kim Cattrall looked simply gorgeous in that scene.

• Love 6
3 minutes ago, ifionlyknew said:

Yes. Richard owned hotels. He could have cheated any number of places and not got caught. Clearly Samantha suspected or why would she have followed him? 

I've posted before I absolutely loved her throwing the drink in his face when he asked her to meet him in a restaurant to apologize.  Kim Cattrall looked simply gorgeous in that scene.

Samantha was a smart woman, and although she had fallen for Richard, she had lived long enough and had enough objectivity to know leopards do not change their spots. When she caught him and he said "I love you, its just sex."- he wasn't shocked to see her AT ALL. 

I think Richard was kind of a punk- he wanted to have his cake and eat it too. He wanted to have the amazing sex with Samantha, and the emotional stability of a long term relationship with the ability to scratch his itches on the side, yet he wasn't man enough to actually tell Samantha that. Maybe they could've had an open relationship, but again I think Samantha was too emotionally attached to him for that to work.

• Love 2
5 minutes ago, Spartan Girl said:

I still think Samantha shouldn’t have given Richard another chance. Why couldn’t they have just left it with her throwing the drink in his face? “Dirty martini, dirty bastard.” 🍸  That was PERFECT.

Yeah I agree. I didnt like that she hooked up with him after she was with Smith.

• Love 7
(edited)
6 hours ago, Scarlett45 said:

I think he may have stayed faithful for a little while to not lose Samantha again, but he wouldve found a random attractive and acted on it just because he could. Samantha couldnt put herself through that again.

I recently posted that the scenes between Richard and Sam in Season 5 are actually sweet because they're actually in love.   Richard was definitely loyal the second time, but Sam couldn't trust him.  I get that you're saying that Richard would be unfaithful again, but I guess it's the romantic/Charlotte inside me hoping that Richard wouldn't.

5 hours ago, Spartan Girl said:

I still think Samantha shouldn’t have given Richard another chance. Why couldn’t they have just left it with her throwing the drink in his face? “Dirty martini, dirty bastard.” 🍸  That was PERFECT.

I think it's nice that the writers gave Samantha glimpses of good relationships before Smith:  first James, then Maria, then Richard.  She had relationships that almost worked except for some major thing (small dick), (vagina), (trust).  

5 hours ago, Scarlett45 said:

Yeah I agree. I didnt like that she hooked up with him after she was with Smith.

Well yeah she was just a commitment-phobe asshole in that moment!  Not excusing it, she was just bad!

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 1

Samantha could have taken a page from Charlotte—when one of the perfect husband guys told her he’d go out for BJs (she wasn’t going to do it) but then tried to take that back, she took off. He’d shown her who he was and she believed him.

• Love 1

Remember back a bit when I stated I could see Samantha and Smith staying together despite her being a lifelong single soul? When I suggested that, my thoughts were not of  how [I think] the world  should live but rather they were partly shaped by Samantha's first go-around with "catching  monogamy" or rather a desire for it...  with Richard. I think back to how they were when leaving Brady's christening and the other three looked on and Miranda said "he's such a player"  and Charlotte said "IDK, maybe things will work out between them". 

I also was thinking  that as with  Big, it's not unthinkable that 25-30 years of  the single life in NYC may have been enough for Samantha. Then of course Smith came along who was a far superior man to Richard who was what, twice his age?

and by the time  Smith sent those damn blooming Tulips or Paperwhites or whatever they were to reassure her when her libido ebbed (post chemo), I was a goner!💔

I get it though... some people chose the single, unmarried,   uncommitted path for a lifetime because that's what makes them happiest and it's as valid a choice as any other and they don't have to explain it or justify it. I get it.

I looked  up the actor who plays Richard because every time some time passes since I did it last, I forget the actor's name. It's James Remar. I've liked him in just about everything I've seen him in. Amazingly, he has 172 acting credits! That's more than twice as many as Robert Redford has, and 50some more than another actor  who's better known by his face and not so much by his name I looked up recently,  Richard Jenkins (Six Feet Under, Olive Kitteridge, Wolf etc).

Edited by T Summer
typos
  • Love 5
On 7/29/2021 at 10:48 AM, ifionlyknew said:

I thought it was ridiculous for Carrie to even care what Nina Katz thought of her.  I understand she didn't like Nina telling other people about her but hey that is life.  And we were to assume Carrie was a (minor) celeb in NYC so I get why Nina probably thought hey this is good gossip.  Unless Nina was exaggerating or embellishing what she was telling people was what Aidan told her which I assume was the truth.  Yes there are two sides to every story but we saw it play out onscreen and Carrie didn't have the best track record with how she treated Aidan.

But Carrie trying to get Nina Katz to understand pales in comparison to Carrie wanting to talk to Natasha.   You have sex with another woman's husband in their bed you should hang your head in shame any time you hear her name let alone want to talk to her.  Natasha handled things with a lot more class than I would have.

Oh that Nina Katz episode...Carrie was so ridiculous in that episode. I love the Sam/Miranda storyline in that episode, and LOVE how they both bring Carrie back down to reality while she's complaining about Nina Katz (like an insecure 13 year old). I also LOVE how Stanford checks her whining and reminds Carrie that she has never once asked him about his new relationship with Marcus. Episodes like this (where MULTIPLE other characters check Carrie's selfishness IN THE MOMENT) needed to happen more often 

• Love 5
On 7/30/2021 at 4:48 PM, Ms Blue Jay said:

I recently posted that the scenes between Richard and Sam in Season 5 are actually sweet because they're actually in love.   Richard was definitely loyal the second time, but Sam couldn't trust him.  I get that you're saying that Richard would be unfaithful again, but I guess it's the romantic/Charlotte inside me hoping that Richard wouldn't.

I think it's nice that the writers gave Samantha glimpses of good relationships before Smith:  first James, then Maria, then Richard.  She had relationships that almost worked except for some major thing (small dick), (vagina), (trust).  

I love Sam's character arc throughout the show. One of the myths is that Sam was "commitment-phobic" and was only about sex--not true. Sam had MULTIPLE serious relationships on the show. I LOVED her and James--their first date at the Jazz club, how he walked her home and she didn't invite him up (KC had some fantastic acting in that episode), how she randomly blurted out "I miss James!" in Season 2 when the girls where singing "The Way We Were", etc. I certainly enjoyed watching Sam's relationships play out on screen as opposed to Carrie's 

Sam's character embodied what I felt the message of the show was--that women don't HAVE TO want marriage/family to feel fulfilled in life, and can live their lives on their own terms 

• Love 11
51 minutes ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

I never noticed this before the reboot was announced, but Carrie really does say "And just like that" in the regular series while she is narrating.

If she isn't saying that she is saying "I couldn't help but wonder".

• LOL 3
  • Love 4

When I was looking up the actor who played Richard I ran across this: SATC season 6 extras,  a farewell pt 1 . What SJP says @ 10:00 may explain why the show remained so Carrie centric.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7TytB2Ww7E

For those that don't want to play the video, @ 10:00 SJP says "if the show was a heart and you broke it  in half, one half would be the four women and the other half would be Carrie alone and her life in the city with her friends"

Some of the video is not workplace friendly.

I guess it makes sense with the series having been based on   Candace Bushnell and her books,  SATC and The Carrie Diaries... but JEEZ. I think when we watch it we tend to think we're watching a show about the four women, don't we?

• Love 3

Seriously, this is a like/hate rewatch for me. I never liked Carrie, Carrie's bs, Carrie and Big, etc. But I always liked the others. Especially Samantha, I thought Kim Catrall did such a good job of taking a stock character and making her such a person. I'm probably out for the third film since she's out, the other two movies kinda sucked anyway.

• Love 5

Kim's line delivery is so genius. Plus you can only believe that Kim IS Sam with the way that she acts, even though she's not.  It's like there's no acting there.  Kim BECAME Sam.  She was just so committed to the role, even when the show/movies tried to make her look totally ridiculous or crazy.

SJP can be cute and charming and all, but it was obvious when she was not comfortable with something Carrie was doing or saying.  When Carrie says "Fuck you" and then "Fuck me" to Big during their affair, I don't buy it coming from SJP one bit.  She made it so clear she wasn't into saying it.

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 7

John Oliver said no way SATC reboot can work without Samantha.

Charlotte and Miranda depended too much on their takes and reactions to things Samantha would say.

I don't think it's a hardcore serious criticism by Oliver, he was trying to be amusing.

• Love 1
4 hours ago, buttersister said:

Seriously, this is a like/hate rewatch for me. I never liked Carrie, Carrie's bs, Carrie and Big, etc. But I always liked the others. Especially Samantha, I thought Kim Catrall did such a good job of taking a stock character and making her such a person. I'm probably out for the third film since she's out, the other two movies kinda sucked anyway.

This isn't a movie; it's a 10 (?)-episode revival.

• Useful 1
42 minutes ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

Kim's line delivery is so genius. Plus you can only believe that Kim IS Sam with the way that she acts, even though she's not.  It's like there's no acting there.  Kim BECAME Sam.  She was just so committed to the role, even when the show/movies tried to make her look totally ridiculous or crazy.

SJP can be cute and charming and all, but it was obvious when she was not comfortable with something Carrie was doing or saying.  When Carrie says "Fuck you" and then "Fuck me" to Big during their affair, I don't buy it coming from SJP one bit.  She made it so clear she wasn't into saying it.

It really was. Samantha was probably the funniest of all the characters. Kim comes across very confident like Samantha IRL, but she's much more soft and ladylike. I can't picture her talking about graphic things openly like Sam. lol 

Did you or someone else say SJP was uncomfortable swearing? I thought I saw that somewhere here. I hadn't heard that until recently, but I remember Kristin saying she couldn't play Carrie because of the cursing. I always think it's interesting what people are okay with. I know people who are shameless flirts, have provocative humor, will watch anything racy, but the word fuck shocks and offends them. It's one reason I take it easy most of the time in real life and often censor myself here. I never want to offend anyone, but among adults in most settings, I don't get the big deal with any word unless it's a slur. 

• Love 5
2 hours ago, chessiegal said:

Question. Google tells me Netflix added the movies in 2020, but I'm not finding them on Netflix. Was it for a limited time and now they are gone?

It comes and goes on Netflix. It is currently gone. It is on HBO Max.  It is also on other streaming services but you have to pay for it.

4 minutes ago, ifionlyknew said:

It comes and goes on Netflix. It is currently gone. It is on HBO Max.  It is also on other streaming services but you have to pay for it.

Thanks. I saw I can rent or buy them on Amazon Prime. I didn't record them when E! ran their marathon. I'll wait until they come around again.

On 8/2/2021 at 7:05 PM, T Summer said:

When I was looking up the actor who played Richard I ran across this: SATC season 6 extras,  a farewell pt 1 . What SJP says @ 10:00 may explain why the show remained so Carrie centric.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7TytB2Ww7E

For those that don't want to play the video, @ 10:00 SJP says "if the show was a heart and you broke it  in half, one half would be the four women and the other half would be Carrie alone and her life in the city with her friends"

I guess it makes sense with the series having been based on   Candace Bushnell and her books,  SATC and The Carrie Diaries... but JEEZ. I think when we watch it we tend to think we're watching a show about the four women, don't we?

With each new season, I waited for the episode opener to change to reflect the ensemble cast, and every season it was the same old Carrie in her damn tutu being splashed by a bus that somehow goes from full to empty. 

• Love 5

I hadn't realized just how vomit-inducing Carrie was in Season 5 until this thread made me think about it. The Nina Katz episode, the Atlantic City episode, the one where he brow beats Sam into coming to her book release party (only to take multiple shots at Sam's chemical peel mishap), the hypocritical judgment of Sam during the whole 'Worldwide Express delivery guy blowjob' fiasco, etc. She really is BAD that season 

One thing is for sure, in order for "And Just Like That" to be any kind of hit with the audience, SJP is gonna have to make some real changes to Ms Carrie Bradshaw--if she thinks the judgey, pretentious, self-centered, version of Carrie from the series (who displayed strangely non-progressive views on the sexual spectrum and sexuality in general) is gonna be a hit with the viewing demographic of the 2020s....she's in for a rude awakening

• Useful 1
  • Love 8
6 minutes ago, BlueMoon81 said:

the hypocritical judgment of Sam during the whole 'Worldwide Express delivery guy blowjob' fiasco, etc. She really is BAD that season 

Yes she is. I was put in my place once when I was told I was acting like Carrie did with Sam about the World Wide Express Guy- I went "WUT??" and changed my behavior with QUICKNESS.

I mean I would be mortified to walk in on my friend having sex, but I wouldn't keep bringing it up!

• Love 5
45 minutes ago, BlueMoon81 said:

the one where [Carrie] brow beats Sam into coming to her book release party (only to take multiple shots at Sam's chemical peel mishap),

Omg this is sooooooooooooooo annoying.  Even though the ENTIRE PARTY IS FOR CARRIE AND HER BOOK LAUNCH, she INSISTS that Samantha should be her "Plus One" even though Sam tries to tell her she can't come.  Then when Samantha does show up, Carrie is horrified and tells her to leave.  UGH, UGH, UGH!

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 5

WTF does that even mean?  So we see each of the women with their own stories and then we see Carrie sometimes alone and sometimes with her friends who are the aforementioned women. That is just word salad for SJP saying she is the star of the show.  

On 8/4/2021 at 2:12 PM, Jillybean said:

With each new season, I waited for the episode opener to change to reflect the ensemble cast, and every season it was the same old Carrie in her damn tutu being splashed by a bus that somehow goes from full to empty. 

That might have been in her contract. That only she be featured in the opening.

I'm pretty sure after season 1 or 2 we never heard Carrie say things like giving head or up the butt.  For a sex columnist she became a prude.  

16 hours ago, BlueMoon81 said:

I hadn't realized just how vomit-inducing Carrie was in Season 5 until this thread made me think about it.

There was definitely a smugness with her. I was never really a fan of Carrie but this season made me actively dislike her.

When her and Samantha were looking at something to wear on her book cover this happened:

Carrie: I don't usually dress like a high-class hooker.
Samantha: That is not a hooker look.
Carrie: Please! This screams hooker. What respectable New York woman would be caught dead wearing this?
Samantha: I have one in red. Am I a hooker?

And then they talked about the World Wide Express guy again.  I thought Carrie was just awful in this episode.  When one of my best friends has done something I thought was unseemly or whatever Carrie thought it was if it isn't hurting anyone I am going to keep my opinions to myself.  

• Love 4
14 hours ago, pinkandsparkly13 said:

How was that hypocritical of her? 

Because Carrie said over and over that Samantha showing up for her was the most important thing (no matter how Sam was feeling after the chemical peel gone wrong or what she looked like), and then Carrie asked her to leave. So it wasnt the most important thing or it was? So Sam should've gone even though she felt she looked awful and felt bad unless her face was offensive to Carrie? 

Thats why it was hypocritical of Carrie.

4 hours ago, ifionlyknew said:

Samantha: That is not a hooker look.
Carrie: Please! This screams hooker. What respectable New York woman would be caught dead wearing this?
Samantha: I have one in red. Am I a hooker?

And the thing was Carrie did often dress like that!

I am far more conservative fashion wise than my friends (not style, but amount of body covered), if they tried to put me in shorts or something I would look at them "dont you know better" and we might joke about it, but where is Carrie coming from with that?

• LOL 6
  • Love 1

I think the hypocritical comment was about Carrie judging Sam's sex life.  Probably because when Carrie had the affair with Big, Sam said "I don't judge. Not my style."  So Sam wanted Carrie to regard her in the same judgement-free way.

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 11
3 minutes ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

I think the hypocritical comment was about Carrie judging Sam's sex life.  Probably because when Carrie had the affair with Big, Sam said "I don't judge. Not my style."  So Sam wanted Carrie to regard her in the same judgement-free way.

I remember that. Samantha was very sweet to Carrie. If I messed up, I’d probably most want to confide in Sam. 

• Love 11
15 minutes ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

OH YES. 

Especially since Samantha was single, and The delivery guy was likely single- while I would've been shocked to run into that, they were doing what the wanted. While Carrie had a boyfriend and was sleeping with her married ex, she wasn't in a position to criticize Sam. Glass houses and all. 

• Love 7
7 hours ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

That's one of my favorite scenes of the show. Carrie was in a complete shitstorm of her own making, yet Sam wasn't gonna give a scintilla of judgement to her friend. 

Not only did Carrie judge Sam terribly in that episode, she did it REPEATEDLY throughout the show. When Sam informed the girls she was getting back with Richard, Carrie said "here's a title for the column....Desperate Women who will Believe Anything."--i never recall Sam judging Carrie when she got back with Aidan. And even in that Worldwide Express guy episode, Carrie tried to slip in the "no she just signs the delivery sheet and sends him on his way", as some kind of THINLY veiled shady "joke" at Sam. Sam should've shot back "So should I have browsed through his fridge until his wife came home and then ran out like a coward???". Carrie was THE MOST Judgmental character on the show for me

• Love 10

But you are occasionally mistaken for one...

With regards to Sam and the delivery guy, the only thing she should be judged for was not locking the door...

• LOL 4
  • Love 3
On 7/30/2021 at 9:35 AM, ifionlyknew said:

She looked fire!

z5s083onqsp61.gif

iA0Lzk.gif

• Love 6