Type keyword(s) to search

Current DCCs: My Boots Do the Talking

bigskygirl
  • Start Topic

(edited)

^^^ @QuiteContraryMoni I am truly sorry if I offended you, and I apologize for that.  

I must admit that I am confused and my feelings are a little hurt now, as I am not sure what you are referring to when you say "chill out."

You posted that you "freaking love [@PBSLover] ", and then added, "for so many reasons."

I also like many of @PBSLover's posts, and I used your post as a jumping off point to express one of the reasons I like them.  In retrospect I should not have usurped your post to express my own unrelated opinion on one of the reasons why I like @PBSLover's posts.  I am sorry for that.

Edited by California Girl
On 2/26/2017 at 6:50 PM, QuiteContraryMoni said:

BACK PEDAL ALERT.

So I totally forgot. Amy T is the engineer isn't she?! And she actually helped develop a spinal implant, and it's got a sack that fills with gel to mimic the thingy between your vertebrae (thingy is the technical term, I can use lay terms if you'd prefer), and it's made of a material that the body doesn't reject. This she did in college. She comes from a family of male engineers.

I've been terribly critical of her, but I will say, I LOVE that her family taught her to think and not just be daddy's pretty dumb blonde. She is stunning, and this accomplishment alone is something to crow about. Throw DCC AND whatever B-ball team she danced for into the mix and damn! That's impressive. I may have to rescind some of my hagging and ragging about her. She's made some impressive strides in her life it seems like.  What have I done? Made some impressive strides to the fridge. OK Amy, I see you girl. <3

Yep, Amy T has it ALL!  I want to be her when I grow up!

• Love 1
On 2/16/2017 at 1:59 PM, raindancer said:

are they supposed to be something kind of like a lip ink/stain?  I've found that those can be really difficult to get right - also, they can be really sticky, too, especially the ones that are supposed to be able to double as a cheek stain.  The only one that didn't work that way for me was Benetint back in the day, and I couldn't wear that because it dried my lips, and also simultaneously bled color.  Armani has a new lip-ink line (Lip Magnet?) though that is AMAZING - and they have a Tasha-pink shade.  Thought of her the minute I saw it ?

giorgio-armani-lip-magnet-502

Wow, I love that color!

• Love 1
25 minutes ago, QuiteContraryMoni said:

COMPLETELY. You're a ginger?!? SO awesome. Yall are the unicorns of people you know. Rare and real. I ADORE HOLLY TOO! I just think her look is so contrived right now. I'd love to see her a little more country and a little less rock n roll. Not sure how old you are, but that's a Donnie & Marie reference. Never mind. Bottom line: I AGREE LOL!!!

Yes, Ginger and 36! ? Off topic, but I love the Christopher Guest and Bob's avatars mixed with our DCC talk. Favorite things! 

@ATLGirl- you might have to share that DVD! Ha! Just kidding I know that's probably a copyright infringement I know zero about.

Also, I really hope Kelsey is not a "one and done". Love her personality on the field and her IG. She seems funny and like she's remained humble.

• Love 2

Ginger here, also. Subtle, but it's there. Anyhow, I have five ginger cheerleaders this year. Pretty cool! ?? Didn't expect that to happen. 

I always thought Loren looked pretty natural. Holly not so much and she is an adorable brunette. They sure don't like to stray from that established "look." 

• Love 3
1 minute ago, QuiteContraryMoni said:

Wait, the joke photo you attached or the actual photos of Holly? I think Holly is lovely and she's a fave of mine. I think they set the makeup gun on clown for her pics. Not cool.

Oops, her actual photos

1 hour ago, missmansfield said:

She is unrecognizable in those pictures!

My perception of these photos is that she is wanting to change her image...like "i am a woman now", " watch me grow". She definitely doesn't look like a young cheerleader in these photos.  I like the photos! 

• Love 3

Ginger here, also. Subtle, but it's there. Anyhow, I have five ginger cheerleaders this year. Pretty cool!

How many of them ended the year with their hair the same color it is in their cameo?  I just don't understand the point of making so many redheads when they clearly can't figure out how to maintain the color?  I especially don't get why they made Milan one of them, when they were already so short on blondes this year. I'm glad they changed her back. 

Holly and Raylee look great with auburn hair, but I wonder how many years it's going to take them to figure out Holly's look. They haven't quite nailed the cut. Stephanie's color looks good. I don't care for Claire's color at all. I suppose it's better than the nondescript brown she came in with, but I don't think they've quite figured out her best look either. 

• Love 3
(edited)
4 hours ago, LilRedHerring said:

Yes, Ginger and 36! ? Off topic, but I love the Christopher Guest and Bob's avatars mixed with our DCC talk. Favorite things!

Have you heard of the Guffman Club? We meet weekly at Burger King in Blaine, Missouri. You'll know it's us by the bowl haircuts and hand-knitted bare midriff vests.

ETA -- Gawd, I'm in the wrong thread again. You guys are always getting me excited and off topic. I hate you and your ass faces!

Edited by Oranaiche
  • Love 3

I'm a ginger too lol, but legit with freckles and everything ?It is annoying when they call themselves red heads.

Holly looks like a 40 year old newsreader from Ohio. I also clicked on the Instagram of her makeup artist...  ????

• Love 2
(edited)

Wow, I guess I'm pretty stupid.  I thought the "she is a queen" thing was referring to the makeup artist or photographer, not herself! :)

Edited by ByTor
2 hours ago, ByTor said:

Wow, I guess I'm pretty stupid.  I thought the "she is a queen" thing was referring to the makeup artist or photographer, not herself! :)

It is possible that these photos were posted for both personal professional reasons, as well as to promote the work of the makeup artist and photographer.

(edited)
10 hours ago, Jazzmom said:

My perception of these photos is that she is wanting to change her image...like "i am a woman now", " watch me grow". She definitely doesn't look like a young cheerleader in these photos.  I like the photos! 

Good point @Jazzmom.  This reminds me a bit of when Miley Cyrus undertook a professional makeover a while back by revealing her more racy, outspoken, and controversial persona, to transition from Disney teen sweetheart to independent, adult woman.

10 minutes ago, heatherrrrz said:

I think Jenna said she did her own makeup for that shoot

@heatherrrrz, what/who is the fitzcrittle they refer to in those posts?  Got it, he is the professional photographer.

Well she could go into that. As a makeup artist myself, that smoky eye is nicely blended. The lip is to die for. 

I wonder what would happen with a girl who made the team didn't know how to do makeup well...like do they give them lessons?

Just now, QuiteContraryMoni said:

Remember the girl that k&j were bitching about being muddy and they said "how many times have we told her to do her makeup"? Who was that? It's funny. The vikes cheerleaders have a make-up artist each game day. 

Ugh I don't remember!

6 minutes ago, QuiteContraryMoni said:

Remember the girl that k&j were bitching about being muddy and they said "how many times have we told her to do her makeup"? Who was that? It's funny. The vikes cheerleaders have a make-up artist each game day. 

Megan (sp?) Martinez. 

• Love 1
(edited)
30 minutes ago, QuiteContraryMoni said:

The vikes cheerleaders have a make-up artist each game day. 

I think the Eagles do too.  I guess they have to make sure their faces look pretty to balance out those ugly UGLY uniforms.

55 minutes ago, California Girl said:

It is possible that these photos were posted for both personal professional reasons, as well as to promote the work of the makeup artist and photographer.

I wasn't referring to why she posted them, it makes no difference to me.  I just thought the queen stuff was crediting the photographer for good work, not that she was necessarily doing any promoting.

Edited by ByTor

The vikes cheerleaders have a make-up artist each game day.

I think the Eagles do too.  I guess they have to make sure their faces look pretty to balance out those ugly UGLY uniforms.

I believe the Chargers do as well.

What I think is nuts is that the Vikes cheerleaders HAVE to wear RED lipstick. Icky!!! I read in some article that the DCCs aren't allowed to wear red lipstick but one of the girls (natch, I can't remember the name) wears like, a matte raisin red and it looks amazing.

I like red lipstick on cheerleaders. The right shade makes the teeth look whiter.  Raylee looks great here! The Bengals cheerleaders used to wear orange lipstick and it was pretty bad.

Dallas-Cowboys-cheerleaders-AP_128526569938 Raylee.jpg

1 hour ago, LaurenBrook said:

I think Candace should try out next year LOL 

She blends right in!! 

Oh my gosh yes!!! I loved Candice on this past season... REALLY hoping Tony doesn't leave the Cowboys for the SOLE reason that I LOVED her as a guest judge. #GoSports 

• Love 5
(edited)

Did any DCC participate as regular dancers in Lady Gaga's halftime show at the Super Bowl?

Also, we see a lot of choreography posted on these boards, and some of us in our lives as well, but I really enjoyed the choreography of Justin Timberlake's song-and-dance opener at this year's Oscars.

3 hours ago, LaurenBrook said:

I think Candace should try out next year LOL 

She blends right in!! 

So would she not talk to her husband for a year? Haha she'd be quite the exception to the "no fraternization" rule.  

• Love 2
10 hours ago, ByTor said:

I think the Eagles do too.  I guess they have to make sure their faces look pretty to balance out those ugly UGLY uniforms.

I wasn't referring to why she posted them, it makes no difference to me.  I just thought the queen stuff was crediting the photographer for good work, not that she was necessarily doing any promoting.

Awww, I really like the Eagles cheerleaders uniform(s)

BWAAHAA I freaking LOVE that you tagged me!! I wanna see!! Is her insta public??

I think so. I'm technologically stupid, otherwise I'd post it for you. Tasha lee Cruz is her name. 

Ive never thought she looked 40 before, but she totally does in this pic. She looks like a friend of mine. ? Who is 40. 

• Love 1
24 minutes ago, AnnMichele said:

Their current uniforms are a definite upgrade from prior years l  

eagles%20bodysuits.JPG

Yikes. 

Whoa, those are definitely not the uniforms I saw on their website.   Those are absolutely atrocious.  What are they thinking!

• Love 2
17 minutes ago, missmansfield said:

Whoa, those are definitely not the uniforms I saw on their website.   Those are absolutely atrocious.  What are they thinking!

These are old uniforms, and like most fashion trends they were probably 'stylish' back then. 

1 hour ago, missmansfield said:

In completely unrelated news am I the only one who thinks Justin (JA's) new husband is SO much better looking than Brad Pitt?

Yes, yes, and yes. Justin is WAY hotter ( and younger) than Brad. And Jennifer has no need or use for an ex that did her soooo dirty. 

• Love 3
1 minute ago, TiaGrace said:

Yes, yes, and yes. Justin is WAY hotter ( and younger) than Brad. And Jennifer has no need or use for an ex that did her soooo dirty. 

It's a close race between those two - Brad and Justin - but I totally agree with the latter half of your statement.

• Love 1
12 minutes ago, QuiteContraryMoni said:

YES woman. Brad made his bed, and he can go lie in it with his whores....of which he has a plethora. One of the many sources for this info (because I like to cite my sources rather than blindly, ignorantly join the unwashed masses in a witch hunt) is the 'Crazy Days and Nights' website. He's a HUGE lady bit purchaser. I know certain people on here have an inside scoop to the entertainment industry too!

I love you. For SO Many reasons. I am a fellow CDAN fan! 

8 hours ago, missmansfield said:

In completely unrelated news am I the only one who thinks Justin (JA's) new husband is SO much better looking than Brad Pitt?

totally with you on that one!!

• Love 3
12 hours ago, AnnMichele said:

eagles%20bodysuits.JPG

Yikes. 

I'm sorry, I didn't realize the Eagles cheerleaders were also super heroes...

12 hours ago, AnnMichele said:

eagles%20bodysuits.JPG

Yikes. 

I mean, this is so ridiculous I kind of love it? XD Except for the shoes/socks...

The girl second from the right is serving some Mia Wallace as an NFL cheerleader realness.

• Love 3
(edited)
17 hours ago, missmansfield said:

Yes, you are.  Brad is way hotter.

15 hours ago, QuiteContraryMoni said:

YES woman. Brad made his bed, and he can go lie in it with his whores....of which he has a plethora. One of the many sources for this info (because I like to cite my sources rather than blindly, ignorantly join the unwashed masses in a witch hunt) is the 'Crazy Days and Nights' website. He's a HUGE lady bit purchaser. I know certain people on here have an inside scoop to the entertainment industry too!

????? Well, that’s a surprise.  I love Brad and always will. And there is more to the Brad and Jen story than anyone knows so I cast no stones.

Edited by PBSLover
  • Love 2
19 hours ago, QuiteContraryMoni said:

I'm going to guzzle a bottle of listerine now.

I am just waiting for the camel toe to be featured!  Hear in Japan they are found of that and make underwear featuring a large one!

• Love 3