Type keyword(s) to search

Current DCCs: My Boots Do the Talking

bigskygirl
  • Start Topic

15 minutes ago, Gabrielle Tracy said:

On the DCC website, there is a picture of a cheerleader on each side.  I know the woman on the right is Angela, but can anyone tell me who it is on the left?  She's stunning.

Samantha Melissa, cheered on the the 13 and 14 squad and was the cover girl for the swimsuit magazine. 

21 minutes ago, Gabrielle Tracy said:

On the DCC website, there is a picture of a cheerleader on each side.  I know the woman on the right is Angela, but can anyone tell me who it is on the left?  She's stunning.

Right is Jinelle, left is Samantha. 

I'd love for Madeleine to get ROTY especially as last years training camp was a bit of a disaster for her! But in all fairness im sure every rookie on the squad is deserving. It'll be Jen K that gets vet of the year obvs but I'm still going to hope somebody else gets a chance for a bit of recognition.  ☕️?

• Love 4
4 minutes ago, JC123 said:

I'd love for Madeleine to get ROTY especially as last years training camp was a bit of a disaster for her! But in all fairness im sure every rookie on the squad is deserving. It'll be Jen K that gets vet of the year obvs but I'm still going to hope somebody else gets a chance for a bit of recognition.  ☕️?

From the little that @dalgal214 has said about Jessica stepping up and being a great leader, I hope she gets it! Jenn has been great, but there are others that live and breathe the squad also. It makes sense now why Jenna 'rebelled' a little this year with her Dak romance and is now talking about retiring (I thought she would do 6 or 7 years). I do feel extremely sorry for all the 5th years but especially Jessica and Jenna. Both have given so much to the squad and don't get as much recognition as Jenn. 

Side note: Danielle is the only one out of the 4th and 5th years who's name does not begin with a 'J'... Fun fact for the day.. ;)

• Love 3
45 minutes ago, JayDKay said:

From the little that @dalgal214 has said about Jessica stepping up and being a great leader, I hope she gets it! Jenn has been great, but there are others that live and breathe the squad also. It makes sense now why Jenna 'rebelled' a little this year with her Dak romance and is now talking about retiring (I thought she would do 6 or 7 years). I do feel extremely sorry for all the 5th years but especially Jessica and Jenna. Both have given so much to the squad and don't get as much recognition as Jenn. 

Side note: Danielle is the only one out of the 4th and 5th years who's name does not begin with a 'J'... Fun fact for the day.. ;)

At least they're group leaders however. I think it was Melissa Kellerman who was a 5th year, yet not a first or second group leader. Maybe she didn't want to be one, but otherwise, that had to suck (in the words of Cassie lol). 

• Love 5

So I'm thinking, if all the second leaders stay, I would surely hope they all get bumped to first leaders. Melissa, Lacey, Jinelle, Erica. I would hope for Erica to be G1

Then I would guess second leaders would be between Holly, Amy T, Kashara, Robin, or Megan? 

And my vote for point is Holly with Erica at a close second  

• Love 1

I think point is going to be Holly. If not, Erica.

4 hours ago, Elizabeth9 said:

I'm in for Maddie for RotY.  She's come so far!

Seriously,  I'm eating crow again for saying Maddie will never be DCC material. Big heaping pile of crow with a side of crow and more crow for dessert. 

• Love 4
8 hours ago, RazzleberryPie said:

Not like they picked a rookie who couldn't do a jump split or pull Cassie out of retirement for it.  

Hahahaha I could just imagine if THAT would have happened!!!

• Love 2

Yes, Maddie is killing it in that video. She annoyed me her first year with all of the crying, but she's one of my faves now. She's set the standard for coming back stronger the second year. 

Question: Is the tall brunette in the back on the left side Tess? I feel like i can never tell her apart from the other girls. Also, I can't decide if I prefer the lighter hair or the darker hair on Milan. 

• Love 2
29 minutes ago, HowdeeDo said:

Someone might want to check, but I think point has always been a group leader, at least for the past 6 or 7 years, so if the seconds stay - promoted to first then it would likely be Erica.

I believe that crystal Trevino was point in the years of season 5, and she was a second group leader with Brooke as her first, so if holly were to be a second it's possible that they would allow her to be point. 

• Love 1
7 minutes ago, Jess14 said:

Yes, Maddie is killing it in that video. She annoyed me her first year with all of the crying, but she's one of my faves now. She's set the standard for coming back stronger the second year. 

Question: Is the tall brunette in the back on the left side Tess? I feel like i can never tell her apart from the other girls. Also, I can't decide if I prefer the lighter hair or the darker hair on Milan. 

It's Simone, hard to tell because you can barely see her face. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, LaurelleJ said:

I believe that crystal Trevino was point in the years of season 5, and she was a second group leader with Brooke as her first, so if holly were to be a second it's possible that they would allow her to be point. 

I don't think there are any rules set in stone. They can choose anyone they want for any position at any time.

21 minutes ago, RazzleberryPie said:

I don't think there are any rules set in stone. They can choose anyone they want for any position at any time.

Agreed, especially since Jenn K was chosen to be a 2nd leader during her second year. For some reason I always thought that position was supposed to be for Veronica based on a comment she made during an interview, but who knows. Based on the current triangle configuration I would think Melissa, unless she is next to Jen k just not have three brunettes in a row. I still don't understand why Erica is not on the front row though. I think Holly is an amazing dancer, but if she were to be the point I almost feel like they would tell her to tone her dancing down, so as not to be out dancing everyone around her so much, and it would truly look like Holly and the DCC, as someone mentioned somewhere else. 

Has anyone actually paid attention to Holly during Pregame? I've never felt like she out dances others. How she dances during solos is not how she dances on the field. Maybe it's just me, but it's mentioned so much I expected her to be flailing and throwing her neck out with hair flips. She blends just fine.

• Love 4

When I look at holly dancing during the quarter change dances, she's really attacking the moves. Especially in the dances choreographed by Michelle keys, particularly to the new lady gags song. My eye keeps going to her. I can't really see holly during the pregame. 

If all the second group leaders stay, I think Melissa will be point. They partnered her with Jenn this year, I think to, for lack of a better word, 'mentor' her. Front group should be Melissa, Erica, Lacey, Jinelle, Amy T, Holly and Robin. Megan may be a great technical dancer, but she doesn't stand out for me when she dances with DCC. Mandy, Maggie, Kellie or Kashara may also be up there to lift the blonde quota. 

• Love 1
7 hours ago, JayDKay said:

If all the second group leaders stay, I think Melissa will be point. They partnered her with Jenn this year, I think to, for lack of a better word, 'mentor' her. Front group should be Melissa, Erica, Lacey, Jinelle, Amy T, Holly and Robin. Megan may be a great technical dancer, but she doesn't stand out for me when she dances with DCC. Mandy, Maggie, Kellie or Kashara may also be up there to lift the blonde quota. 

If Jennifer retires, Melissa is my guess for point dancer, as well.

8 minutes ago, Slate said:

If Jennifer retires, Melissa is my guess for point dancer, as well.

I wouldn't be mad if Melissa got it.  She always looks like she is having a blast and is such a great dancer.  All I want is for Erica to actually move into a position where I can see her!!!! Sorry, but in half the shots she is hidden behind someone - it's not a bad spot but she is just not tall enough. 

• Love 8

As much as I love love love Holly, I don't see her being point girl as a third year. My vote is for Erica or even Lacey. I'm not sure Lacey has point girl factor but she's a great dancer, loved the game day girl video of her dancing.

24 minutes ago, LaurenBrook said:

I wouldn't be mad if Melissa got it.  She always looks like she is having a blast and is such a great dancer.  All I want is for Erica to actually move into a position where I can see her!!!! Sorry, but in half the shots she is hidden behind someone - it's not a bad spot but she is just not tall enough. 

So much this. Erica is a great dancer and she is beautiful. She photographs so well. I would love to see her at point. Hiding her behind the 50 yard line girl is a waste. If Melissa does become point I could see them placing holly and Erica on her sides since they seem to like to mix up hair colors. 

• Love 4
24 minutes ago, LaurenBrook said:

Yes, I agree about Erica's spot too.

Both Erica and Melissa have such beautiful smiles. Smiles that could light up a room!

They also have great energy and are fun to watch.

So many great girls to choose from!

• Love 2

I think Melissa is an outstanding performer, but I'd rather see Erica at point because she's more natural and exciting as a dancer. Melissa pulls those open mouth faces that Kelli harped on a few seasons ago and it just irks me. I'd of course prefer Holly at point but I don't think they'll give it to her this year. 

Point - Erica, Holly/Melissa on either side. Lacey and Jinelle just behind them since they're taller. 

Edited by HowdeeDo
  • Love 2
8 minutes ago, LaurenBrook said:

Do we think Jinelle will be back tho?? I honestly have no idea what her goals are since she is so quiet on social media.  I feel like if Jennifer retires she will too.   

I'm thinking Jinelle retires this year.

If Jinelle and Jenn k retire and Melissa, Erica, and Lacey stay, one of the 2nd year to 3rd year girls will become group leader without being a 2nd leader first. The last two to do it, Holly A and Whitney, were both 4th years when it happened. Think Holly could step up? I could also see Robin, Amy L, or maybe Megan if she isn't plagued with this seasons problems. 

Edited by LaurelleJ
6 minutes ago, LaurelleJ said:

If Jinelle and Jenn k retire and Melissa, Erica, and Lacey stay, one of the 2nd year to 3rd year girls will become group leader without being a 2nd leader first. The last two to do it, Holly A and Whitney, were both 4th years when it happened. Think Holly could step up? I could also see Robin, Amy L, or maybe Megan if she isn't plagued with this seasons problems. 

I think there are def girls in that class that could...I'd assume it'd be someone who was on SG though at least one year but who knows. 

Agree that it should probably be someone with at least one year of SG under their belt. Amy T, Jax, that rookie class was one of my favs. As far as ROTY, Madeline, Mandy, or Maggie because unlike past years I just don't get the obvious standout like other years. 

• Love 1

How old is Holly? If she is still one of the younger ones on the team, I could see them thinking that one of the older girls with more experience on dance teams would be a better group leader, though I think she will at least be a second. Amy T seems like a likely choice to me, or Megan. I could definitely see Mandy being a group leader in the future (of course, I predicted that Hannah would be a point girl one day, so I'm don't have the best track record on predicting DCC stuff lol).  

• Love 1
On April 18, 2016 at 7:05 PM, sleepyjean said:

All of their attire and equipment (poms, props, bags, etc) are provided by the DCC organization and they have to return it at the end of each season. I don't know if they have to return footwear, though.

I remember someone (who claimed to be in the know) back in the TWOP days wrote that beauty treatments are comped, but they are expected to tip and send a thank you note.

Do we know if Jinelle is "enhanced"? If she isn't, she has a very unusual and rare body type. You don't see too many women as lean as that, where what little body fat they have is all concentrated in the bust. Not that there's anything wrong with buying boobs if you want them.

It's possible Jinelle is natural. I'm super skinny with a 32D bust. I have no idea where they came from. I have been asked quite often if I paid for them. Nope.

• Love 2
14 hours ago, MrsEVH said:

Besides Jenn, Cassie, and Mia are there any other current/former DCCS that were Junior DCCS ?  Wasn't Caila one ?

Cersten was. Also the Latina girl from the very first special who got cut the next year was one. I'm sure there are way more but it seems like something they don't mention too often.

1 hour ago, LaurenBrook said:

Do we think Jinelle will be back tho?? I honestly have no idea what her goals are since she is so quiet on social media.  I feel like if Jennifer retires she will too.   

I wonder what happened to the boyfriend she left in Australia. They were dating for 5 years before she moved to Texas. Maybe she thought she'd only be a DCC for 1 season.

I think Holly is 19 or 20, and there are so many options for SL but I don't see Megan as one of them with her weight issues this year. If she reauditions and it isn't brought up then I will be thoroughly confused since there are vets cut these days for less noticeable gains. 

ETA: This isn't to say I want her to be cut. She's a phenomenal dancer and I think she brings a lot to the squad, I just don't see her dance abilities making up for her gain. 

Edited by HowdeeDo
  • Love 2
1 minute ago, HowdeeDo said:

I think Holly is 19 or 20, and there are so many options for SL but I don't see Megan as one of them with her weight issues this year. If she reauditions and it isn't brought up then I will be thoroughly confused since there are vets cut these days for less noticeable gains. 

I'm glad I'm not the only one who noticed Megan's weight (there's nothing wrong with her body outside DCC land). I'm wondering what's the story there. Remember in season 8 when Chelsea, Danielle, Kim and Jennifer were called in to Kelly's office for weight and told not to show up to cameos? There were no where near having the issues that Megan has. I hope Megan doesn't get cut. 

• Love 1
Just now, Teriyaki Terror said:

I'm glad I'm not the only one who noticed Megan's weight (there's nothing wrong with her body outside DCC land). I'm wondering what's the story there. Remember in season 8 when Chelsea, Danielle, Kim and Jennifer were called in to Kelly's office for weight and told not to show up to cameos? There were no where near having the issues that Megan has. I hope Megan doesn't get cut. 

It's been talked to death here ever since the first photos of Gameday I believe. There was mention that Kitty noticed it and wrote something about it to K&J but of course we don't know what all went down as it wasn't aired. I think Megan is just unfortunate that her genes work against her of sorts and she gains in the most telling places. Same with Holly, girl is always in the gym but still has curves and can at times photo in bad light. 

• Love 3
On July 9, 2016 at 6:09 AM, Runnergrl37 said:

Dalgal- I know this the "current" board but have to ask and if you know can you give us a hint.  What happened with Courtney cook?  Kaitlin Larae?  sounds like you would know the answer to this.   

They both had some mental issues to work through. Courtney withdrew right before TC and went back to Utah and Kaitlin was cut from TC for missing rehearsals, wrong attire, ect. 

On August 28, 2016 at 1:18 PM, MyFavShows said:

Haha - that's true, but I'm sure they are a lot more entertaining to read than the reports for actual jobs though ;).  Wonder if they'd ever put a girl on probation or suspend them from games for mean behavior?

Well, they did cut Chelsea in season 8 for being toxic.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, MaryWebGirl said:

Cersten was. Also the Latina girl from the very first special who got cut the next year was one. I'm sure there are way more but it seems like something they don't mention too often.

Deanna Hernandez;  I remember her. She almost got cut but then Kelli changed her mind. She did get cut the next year (2006) along with Melissa R (Jersey girl) for weight.

2 hours ago, HowdeeDo said:

It's been talked to death here ever since the first photos of Gameday I believe. There was mention that Kitty noticed it and wrote something about it to K&J but of course we don't know what all went down as it wasn't aired. I think Megan is just unfortunate that her genes work against her of sorts and she gains in the most telling places. Same with Holly, girl is always in the gym but still has curves and can at times photo in bad light. 

I was speaking of recent pics of her. But to be honest she probable only weighs 120 pounds.

4 minutes ago, Teriyaki Terror said:

I was speaking of recent pics of her. But to be honest she probable only weighs 120 pounds.

what'd I'd give to only be 120 pounds and be in the discussion of being soft looking around the middle lol