Type keyword(s) to search

Current DCCs: My Boots Do the Talking

bigskygirl
  • Start Topic

All the women look to be in great shape for the calendar! I'm glad nobody seems to be struggling in that respect.

For some reason, that fake beach background cracks me up. What - like they can't properly visualize how well the suit looks on the cheerleader unless they stand her in front of a picture of a beach?

I'm good with most of the suits this year. They seem a lot more basic and only a few are microscopic. It seemed like there were so many of those last year. I was uncomfortable looking at those photos because it was like one wrong move and all of a sudden we're all armchair gynecologists. I really cannot explain how much I don't want to see these women's private parts. Yuko's is a standout exception. It's just inappropriate in every way. Too small, too ugly, the color and style do nothing for her.

Khalyn's suit is the ugliest swimsuit I've seen in a long time. Tasha's is unflattering, but Khalyn's is just ugly. Like, deliberately, boldly, in your face ugly. It's like her boobs farted and blew out the front of her suit. (Sorry, I know that was crass, but that's how that suit makes me feel. I know Kelli gets all into the idea of koo-toor swimwear, but Khalyn is too cute for that outfit.)

khalynswim.jpg

Edited by sleepyjean
  • Love 2
25 minutes ago, Jess14 said:

I hate Selina's swimsuit, both top and bottom.

I'm also not a fan of the top. That trend of a cut out on the bust is very popular now. Kashara had a suit with a similar style with better execution last year and it looked much better. 

Well at least Kelsey is a modest size up top. If she had a larger bust, that top would be slutty slutty slutty, instead of just a little risky.

I'm not a fan of nude colored clothing and accessories. Used to be we called that beige.

• Love 3

@sleepyjean I'm with you that Sears photo studio background is laughable. I mean I know it's because they want to have a better idea of the colors of the suit against ocean and sky as opposed to white walls but I mean cmon you can spend hundreds of thousands on calendar production and not drop $100 on a better background?!? 

I actually like the pattern of Khalyns suit, it's pretty and different but the cut of the bottom is just baaaaaad. 

• Love 3

Kelsey, Maggie, Mandy and Stephanie look amazing. If Tasha can't work that white suit, nobody can. It's just an ugly suit.

Milan probably looks the least flattering. 

Some of these girls would look better with some more coverage or something to make them look less hard and stringy in swimsuits. Give them some ruffles or something. 

• Love 2

Yes-- Maggie, Kelsey, and Cersten look wow! 

Least flattering -- for me, it's Yuko. I get zero sex appeal. I know Kelli gets lady wood every time she sees Yuko but all I see is scared little girl. 

I hope their stylist has those bottoms up on the hips more. I keep seeing the bottoms going straight across in so many pics. I think it's cutting off the girls and making them look boxy instead of shapely. 

• Love 2

Robin's photos are great as well. I reckon Kelsey and Kelli Q could carry off just about any style. Some of the cuts show too much tata for my liking, not the girls' fault, obviously. 

• Love 2

Agree on Raylee - I thought she was so meh when she made squad but ended up looking fabulous at the calendar shoot last year and just keeps getting prettier and more photogenic all the time!  Her hair, make up, figure...all on point.  Go girl!! 

Kelsey is flawless. Period. It would be a crime almost if she weren't to make it back and they couldn't use her photos. I am confident she's going to kill it tho at auditions (I know I am basically alone in this lol Team Kelsey!)

I was also really impressed with how stunning Maggie looks! I have always thought she is beautiful but i thought she was one of the best looking there yesterday! I expected Mandy to outshine her as the tall lean blonde but was more impressed with Maggie (tho mandy is such a barbie too) And Tess looked better than I remembered. 

Really excited to see Bess and Robin back  - I was so afraid they both might retired, love them both! 

Curious to see how it goes for Heather H and Maddie...I think they are both cute as buttons with great figures but just not sure if they'll look too young or not?  

• Love 10

Yuko's body is very long and lean, that swimsuit doesn't do her any favors. The bikini bottoms are wayyy too low.

10 minutes ago, LaurenBrook said:

Agree on Raylee - I thought she was so meh when she made squad but ended up looking fabulous at the calendar shoot last year and just keeps getting prettier and more photogenic all the time!  Her hair, make up, figure...all on point.  Go girl!! 

Kelsey is flawless. Period. It would be a crime almost if she weren't to make it back and they couldn't use her photos. I am confident she's going to kill it tho at auditions (I know I am basically alone in this lol Team Kelsey!)

I was also really impressed with how stunning Maggie looks! I have always thought she is beautiful but i thought she was one of the best looking there yesterday! I expected Mandy to outshine her as the tall lean blonde but was more impressed with Maggie (tho mandy is such a barbie too) And Tess looked better than I remembered. 

Really excited to see Bess and Robin back  - I was so afraid they both might retired, love them both! 

Curious to see how it goes for Heather H and Maddie...I think they are both cute as buttons with great figures but just not sure if they'll look too young or not?  

You're never alone with Team Kelsey cause I'm on that Team too lol love her.

Heather H and Maddie, even Allie and Milan look like teens at the pool.

You're never alone with Team Kelsey cause I'm on that Team too lol love her.

Heather H and Maddie, even Allie and Milan look like teens at the pool.

I like Kelsey too. And I agree about Heather, Maddie, Allie, and Milan. But I think it would be weird for Kelli to have them on the team for a whole season and then decide their look isn't right for the DCC. I could see a couple of them getting cut if they get outdanced, but not on looks. Especially since their bodies are still on point. There's something to be said for those really young girls. It's not as difficult for them to maintain because they don't have their adult bodies yet.

Edited by sleepyjean
  • Love 5
7 minutes ago, sleepyjean said:

I like Kelsey too. And I agree about Heather, Maddie, Allie, and Milan. But I think it would be weird for Kelli to have them on the team for a whole season and then decide their look isn't right for the DCC. I could see a couple of them getting cut if they get outdanced, but not on looks. Especially since their bodies are still on point. There's something to be said for those really young girls. It's not as difficult for them to maintain because they don't have their adult bodies yet.

I don't see them being taken off the team for looks, but I don't see them posing sexy in the calendar either lol. Holly is only a year or so older than some of them and she looks 10x older.

Not going to lie but Chantal's fake chest just look so painful. Reminds me of the mom in the movie Mean Girls - remember her?  As far as twins go, Kyndall is a much prettier version of Chantal.  Too bad about the dancing / performing!

• Love 3
14 hours ago, bigskygirl said:

I am sure they can find the right swimwear and poses.

Speaking of poses...the way Jessika and Milan are posed makes them look so wide, which I'm sure they are not.  And Yuko's pose makes her look like she has back fat, which again, I'm sure she does not. Unpopular opinion, I do not like Amy L's hair at all.  I think Kelsey, Cersten, and Madeline look great!

• Love 1
17 minutes ago, tobeyoungagain said:

Not going to lie but Chantal's fake chest just look so painful. Reminds me of the mom in the movie Mean Girls - remember her?  As far as twins go, Kyndall is a much prettier version of Chantal.  Too bad about the dancing / performing!

Chantal's always look new, Tasha's definitely don't but you can tell hers are fake.

All of the girls are looking fit and ready for calendar! Can't wait to see real pictures from their trip.

Maggie, Mandy, Robin, Kelsey, Tess, Jinelle, Stephanie, and Simone were the standouts to me.

Edited by Slate
  • Love 1
13 hours ago, woodscommaelle said:

I'm neither here nor there wth Holly but she looks beautiful in that yellow suit.

Agreed! It's one of my favorites. 

I like most of what @California Girl posted for us - thank you!! My only real beefs are with the overly skimpy bottoms. Stephanie's in particular. Her body is so killer and they can do her better justice. 

Mandy is so fab and Maggie too...here's hoping they don't give her too much black eyeliner for once. 

• Love 2
16 hours ago, LaurelleJ said:

They all look great and calendar ready. This year I'm expecting great photos from Kelsey and Raylee. I think Raylee is hands down one of the most gorgeous women on the squad. I saw another suit on Yuko that looked better than the one she is pictured in above. K & J do a great job in matching the suits with the girls as far as colors with skin/hair tones. 

Same! She and Mandy are sooo beautiful to me!

15 hours ago, Gabrielle Tracy said:

Wow, Kelsey looks fantastic in her swimsuit photo.  All the random straps on that bikini would give most people unsightly bumps and fleshbulges but she looks great in it!

She really does. It's so flattering.

15 hours ago, MrsEVH said:

What's with their feet? All of them have discolored looking feet.

Either discolored or just beat up lol

• Love 3

Heather H., Holly P, Tasha, Milan

C7aRhV5UwAEWK2L.jpg

Amy L., Mandy, Maggie

C7cUBwUV4AAzpAM.jpg

Jessika, Maggie, Mandy, Chantel, Kelli, Heather H.

C7bEzb3VwAADxYW.jpg

Allie, Tess, Heather H.

C7c_du6VwAAC_hk.jpg

15 hours ago, HowdeeDo said:

Is it just me or do some of the bottoms look way too low? Yuko and Selina for example. 

The bottoms are too low and straight across, it makes the women look boxy.  I prefer some rise to a bikini.

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, RazzleberryPie said:

Tess looks amazing too. I always forget about her. 

Wheres Kashara?

Kashara was there earlier in the day. She was in snapchats and Instagram stories with Lacey. 

• Love 2
36 minutes ago, AnnMichele said:

Kashara was there earlier in the day. She was in snapchats and Instagram stories with Lacey. 

KaShara and Jenna.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BR4li4SA_1E/?taken-by=dccheerleaders&hl=en

40 minutes ago, RazzleberryPie said:

Tess looks amazing too. I always forget about her. 

Wheres Kashara?

Tess looks great as a swimwear model, but does not stand out as a DCC.

Edited by California Girl
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, heatherrrrz said:

Simone is in my eyes, a gorgeous Hawaiian beauty.

I meant looks.  She's certainly not a bad looking girl, but nothing special IMO.

Some of these girls are so skinny that they have no chest and the swimsuits don't look good on them. Amy L is super adorable, but has no chest so the bikini does nothing for her.

26 minutes ago, heatherrrrz said:

Some of these girls are so skinny that they have no chest and the swimsuits don't look good on them. Amy L is super adorable, but has no chest so the bikini does nothing for her.

No chest and no hips, which makes them look like they have straight waists. I don't think that stringy over muscled look is cute unless you're a body builder.

• Love 3

I wonder if taking amazing photos at the calendar shoot can help a DCC who is on the line make the team again?  

My advice for some of these young women would be to let loose and have fun, and try not to look constricted, stiff, or self-conscious when taking photos for the calendar shoot.  Kelsey knows how to pose more naturally, you can tell she does some catalogue modeling.  And Holly P., Lacey, and Maggie are naturals at seeming completely themselves and at ease.  Tess looked like playful in the one where she is facing backwards and looking behind her.  But some others have more of the I-don't-know-where-to-put-my-arms, face-to-the-camera, posing-for-my-fourth-grade-class-picture look.  Better work on those poses with family or friends before the calendar shoot, because I imagine that bad photos (like Caila's last year, albeit because of weight) can hurt a candidate on the margins. 

Edited by California Girl

No offense to Kelli, but WTH!!! I'm sorry, but she does not look healthy to me at all. She looks older to me than the rest of the girls. A little meat on the bones and a different hair color and style might brighten her up. I am not saying she is ugly or not DCC material, but it looks like they took the cuteness and attractiveness right out of her. 

I take back everything I wrote yesterday about being pleased that the bottoms weren't so tiny this year. Apparently they were saving the micro bikini bottoms for today. I guess lots of people find those tiny bottoms sexy. To me it just looks like they're wearing a child's size and it's distracting. And I third the opinion that the horizontal cut across the torso cuts the women in half and makes those who are less curvy look downright rectangular.

It's just like with the cut of their shorts. There is a lot of middle ground between granny cut and ultra low rise. Please find it.

Edited by sleepyjean
  • Love 2

Heather H looks really awkward to me. She looks so young and her posture is really strange and not flattering, especially in the one of her with Holly, Milan, and Mrs. Potato Head (I have somehow forgotten her name, don't really care though).

• Love 8
7 minutes ago, sleepyjean said:

I take back everything I wrote yesterday about being pleased that the bottoms weren't so tiny this year. Apparently they were saving the micro bikini bottoms for today. I guess lots of people find those tiny bottoms sexy. To me it just looks like they're wearing a child's size and it's distracting. And I third the opinion that the horizontal cut across the torso cuts the women in half and makes those who are less curvy look downright rectangular.

It's just like with the cut of their shorts. There is a lot of middle ground between granny cut and ultra low rise. Please find it.

I think it was just yesterday, I don't see any photos from today.

2 hours ago, heatherrrrz said:

To be honest I think it's nice to see how many smaller breasted women they have...IMO it's better than the over-inflated balloons on the chest look.

• Love 5

I don't feel qualified to judge the appearance of any of these gals because I haven't worn a bikini since I saw six. And if I did, it would be like Godzilla invading Tokyo. People running and screaming in all directions.

That said, I do feel qualified to judge the swimsuits themselves. The teeny tiny size of the bikini bottoms combined with the horizontal cut is just not flattering. Frankly, I didn't really "love" any of them.

As one of Yuko's few fans (perhaps the only one), I feel they really cheated her with that suit. She has a thin frame and that choice was wrong for her, just like Tasha's one-piece suit was wrong for her. 

And can they just let them pose without hitching a thumb into whatever string/fabric/beads are on the sides? They seem to think this is sexy but it just looks stupid to me. 

• Love 4
8 hours ago, heatherrrrz said:

I don't see them being taken off the team for looks, but I don't see them posing sexy in the calendar either lol. Holly is only a year or so older than some of them and she looks 10x older.

Holly does seem more mature than her age, but I think a lot of it is her hair. I've watched again her auditions/pre-makeover episodes, when she still had her brown and slightly longer hair... She looked 18 but in a cute way! For me that hair color, combined with the short hair makes her look way older but not in a good way. She's sexy and beautiful either way, but for me the reasons why she doesn't photograph well during games are 1. the hair that make her neck somehow appear shorter 2. the faces she makes. Bring back her natural hair color and let her grow her hair a bit please!

3 hours ago, bigskygirl said:

No offense to Kelli, but WTH!!! I'm sorry, but she does not look healthy to me at all. She looks older to me than the rest of the girls. A little meat on the bones and a different hair color and style might brighten her up. I am not saying she is ugly or not DCC material, but it looks like they took the cuteness and attractiveness right out of her. 

I'm not sure if it's the DCC's fault.... I mean she's totally fit and compared to her I look like a whale (or maybe a whole family of whales combined), but it doesn't seem attractive to me. And she already looks older than she is, but that haircolor + the tan + thinness make her look way older.

• Love 1

I am in the minority, but I like Holly's hair cut and style. to me, it is nice to see a girl without the same cookie style hair (long, over processed, wrong type cut the majority of the girls have.) I would like to see a different hair color on her, but I think she is cute and adorable. A little variety is nice.

I do remember Kelli saying too thin can age a girl. Has she taken a look at some of the girls including Kelli because some of them look a little too thin. I know they need to look and be fit to be in the uniform, but some girls do not look healthy. I know they preach healthy and safe eating and exercise habits, but they do seem to rake the girls over the coal if they *God forbid* they gain a pound or two.

In the pic of Heather, Holly, Tasha and Milan, Holly's top is hideous. So is Tasha's. I don't think Heather H has the 'DCC' look. 

I love the pic of Madeline. She should model for Athleta. 

Edited by woodscommaelle
  • Love 2

I feel like a total creeper looking at Heather H, she just seems so young! She's one who I can see maturing into a gorgeous woman, but right now she just makes me feel like the creepy loner who gets a table for one at Chuck E Cheese.

• Love 4

In that shot with Allia, Tess, and Heather H, I LOVE the suit that Tess is wearing.  It's gorgeous.  I'd buy it in half a heartbeat.  Now, if I just had the BODY to put it on. . . alas.  However, I noticed with Heather H, her shoulders seem to be naturally "up", almost likes she's constantly shrugging.  In addition, she seems to be pushing her head forward and tilting her chin down.  If she stood straight, relaxed her shoulders, pushed her head back and didn't tuck her chin in so much, then we could see her better.  Right now, it looks like she's trying to play peekaboo with us or she's trying to hide behind her hair.

• Love 1
5 hours ago, Oranaiche said:

Heather H looks really awkward to me. She looks so young and her posture is really strange and not flattering, especially in the one of her with Holly, Milan, and Mrs. Potato Head (I have somehow forgotten her name, don't really care though).

Is Mrs Potato Head Tasha?

16 hours ago, LaurenBrook said:

waving the flag for Team Kelsey with you - she is darling, and I loved her interviews - she always seemed to have a gracious, upbeat attitude, and you can see she has a great sense of humor.  Beyond that, she is insanely gorgeous and she seems to be working really hard so I hope it pays off for her and she ends out being a five-year girl (if that's what she wants).  I'm also really hoping Cersten comes back, and I loved Maggie and the Heathers.  Actually I can't think of any girl I don't hope makes the team again - I'm hoping whoever it was that had the attitude early on checked it hard and fast, and had a great rest of the year along with the rest of the team, and they all get to cheer together with the new rookie class.

• Love 9