Type keyword(s) to search

Current DCCs: My Boots Do the Talking

bigskygirl
  • Start Topic

5 minutes ago, tobeyoungagain said:

Have Megan or Melissa or Amy publicly stated their retirement?  I'm so curious why they're moving on?  Especially as the two Ms are such strong dancers!

Jobs and so they can be fat and free.*

*Jokes since they're both gorgeous and healthier than anything I've ever been close to. "Fat" by DCC standards. 

• Love 2
17 minutes ago, tobeyoungagain said:

Have Megan or Melissa or Amy publicly stated their retirement?  I'm so curious why they're moving on?  Especially as the two Ms are such strong dancers!

I don't think they've gone public yet. Shelly did confirm on the 2017 board though. 

1 hour ago, ByTor said:

Won't happen, they're all brunette.

Yeah, I thought about that. I guess they're gonna have to put Kashara up there. Unless im forgetting someone, she seems to be most senior blonde (and a good dancer) who is returning. 

20 hours ago, Dccfan126 said:

I totally agree. It just does not look good for the brand to be cutting 4/5/6 year vets. Manage people for crying out loud -- if they are past their prime, counsel them out. If they don't have it after the first year, cut them.

For whatever people thought about Jasmine, I actually thought that cut reflected so poorly on K&J as managers. How does a good manager let it get that far?

I'm not sure about Jasmine specifically because she never was their strongest performer but during her last audition she did seem completely lost. Then again it might have been bad editing, but she was missing counts, her solo wasn't good and I think even her interview wasn't that good. So my guess is that she finished her season just fine and then came back to audition just because Danielle was back too and wasn't that interested in it anymore. Kelli couldn't have prevented that.

8 hours ago, LaurenBrook said:

I wonder if they will want a blonde near the front though...with Amy and Melissa leaving, who is next best in blondes? KaShara or Amy L?? 

Will be sooo intrigued now to see who gets Vet of the Year award...

Can it be KaShara? Pleeease! I love watching her dancing!

• Love 1
5 hours ago, LadyMsJay said:

I wouldn't say it's necessarily "negative." To me, I just feel like if she did come back just for that, it really wouldn't be "deserved" per se only because it would sort of be by default. Like it wouldn't be something that was earned. Idk it just seems sort of desperate if that's the main reason she wants to keep coming back. 

..to ME.

According to some people, being picked for Pro Bowl Rep or Group Leader are two of the highest DCC honors out there. I do not understand why someone would want to come back just to be a Pro Bowl Rep since it is usually decided by a group vote and Kelli, Charlotte and Judy having the final say so in who goes. Jenna has been an assistant group leader, group leader, top of the group triangle and in Show Group. I say she has had a pretty good five year run. Plus it can backfire on a girl if Judy and especially Kelli and Charlotte find out a girl only came back for one reason aka Pro Bowl Rep or Group Leader. Angela learned it the hard way when she came back for her fifth year by saying she wanted to make Show Group after turning down appearance opportunities more than once. Like Kelli said, a girl cannot pick and choose certain things even with having seniority.

8 hours ago, LaurenBrook said:

I wonder if they will want a blonde near the front though...with Amy and Melissa leaving, who is next best in blondes? KaShara or Amy L?? 

Will be sooo intrigued now to see who gets Vet of the Year award...

I hope there are more blondes this year! 

• Love 2

I think triangle is going to be Erica, Holly and Jenna, unless Jenna has worn out her welcome and then who knows. Lacey behind the point. 

I don't think there's a quota for having a certain anything - hair color, skin color, hairstyle, etc. in the triangle. They've had three blondes before, so why not Three Non Blondes. pun intetnded.

Wouldn't surprise me either if they made Erica lighter, or moved up KaShara, especially if they rotate Jenna out of the triangle. Who knows. 

• Love 1

It looks like I'm going to be the unpopular opinion but I hope Jenna gets point instead of Erica. I don't know, I guess I don't see what the big deal is about her . She's beautiful and a great and all but not really any better than any others But again that's my opinion 

• Love 3

I hope it's Erica, I'm so over Jenna. I was unsure about her when she made the squad, because she looked so so young, but then she really grew on me and became one of my favorites. Now she kind of annoys me and I was sort of happy she was retiring. She comes across as too much 'look at me, I'm so cute'. I'm sure she is a great person and she seems liked by almost everyone, but I don't want her in my face all the time.

• Love 5

Re: Clip of Yuko, Stephanie and Kelsey dancing - Stephanie clearly the best.  Yuko just doesn't have DCC dance style or look - she's too skinny and "quiet looking" (just a very meek presence) and her hair is way too long for her body frame.   IMO Kelsey is just not a good dancer - she makes a lot of mistakes, doesn't put strong enough accents on her moves and is lacking ballet technique.   I think she is on the squad for her outstanding looks and try out persistence/story line.   She may not make it back - if not, my guess is it was Judy's decision. 

Re: pic of the 3 recreating the older poster - I just cannot stand Certens hair - the style is so soccer mom and reminds me of that feathered hair sprayed style from the original poster!

• Love 5
On 3/9/2017 at 5:34 PM, RazzleberryPie said:

Yuko is just proof that no matter what they say, and how many checklists and rubrics appear, they pick whoever they darn well please. Yuko pleases them for whatever reason.

She seems like a lovely girl, and is very pretty, but she does not dance DCC style. I agree with whoever said she looks like a little kid, who doesn't' have full control of her moves, trying to tag along and keep up with her big sisters. That has nothing to do with her size/height either. It's dance maturity.

I wouldn't be surprised at all if Kelsey is cut and Yuko stays. Might even make show group. 

IIRC, Yuko was/is on showgroup this year.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, AnnMichele said:

No, she wasn't according to Kelli's list she posted over the summer. 

I wonder if this list reveals how the judges ranked them. Interesting that Jenna and Holly are at the top. 

23 minutes ago, PBSLover said:

I don’t have psychic abilities but something is telling me Holly is going to be point.  

I want it to be Erica, but think Holly, too. Erica is far more photogenic (never takes a bad pic, always in shape, while Holly makes faces and can look really thick) so that might give her the edge, but Holly is a showboater and they love her.

• Love 1

I honestly don't see them giving point to a 3rd year when they still have some rockstar 4th/5th years.

16 minutes ago, heatherrrrz said:

I honestly don't see them giving point to a 3rd year when they still have some rockstar 4th/5th years.

It's happened before (Crystal Trevino). I think it could go either way. Just going to see what happens, but I'm definitely team Erica with Holly and Jenna behind her. I would vote for someone else over Jenna, but I just know they're not going to kick her out of the triangle.

If they're going by seniority rather than dance ability they'll put Erica/Jenna up and maybe rotate. But they still need to put Jinelle further up in the triangle, but she's always buried in there so idk if she's really that great of a dancer.

When is the last time that the point girl was not a group leader? Seems like the two go hand in hand somewhat, and I don't see Holly being a group leader yet, though I do think she'll be a second. I still think Jenna is the most obvious point girl. Not because of seniority but because of her position in the triangle last year. In some ways, it seems to be more of given than Jenn being point girl was this past year, but perhaps there is some behind the scenes turmoil. In that case, Erica wouldn't surprise me as point. I would much prefer her over Holly, whose time will come I'm sure.

ETA: was Crystal a group leader when she was point? I honestly can't remember.

Edited by Jess14
53 minutes ago, AnnMichele said:

https://instagram.com/p/BRpJe3mA6GK/

I'm just gonna leave this right here. 

Erica/Holly 2017 Jenna is cute, but doesn't "pop", but having all three in the triangle will be visual goals. 

Sidenote, why the hell are they still at Valley Ranch? (timeline was November, then January, then...?) Jerry Jones, upgrade ya girls to the Star already! 

Is that Cersten to our right? I want her to be a Doctor, but won't be mad if she's a DCC one more season and they move her way up.

Erica is so effortless and never looks like she's holding back or trying too hard.

Madeline - she's improved and matured so much, but usually still looks like she's trying really hard.

• Love 4
51 minutes ago, heatherrrrz said:

Cersten's hair looks so weird when it's straight and parted to the middle.

WHOA! I wouldn't have even known that was Cersten unless you guys pointed it out. So used to seeing all the curls.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, heatherrrrz said:

Cersten's hair looks so weird when it's straight and parted to the middle.

1 hour ago, ATLGirl said:

WHOA! I wouldn't have even known that was Cersten unless you guys pointed it out. So used to seeing all the curls.

Maybe she had it relaxed or had a keratin treatment recently. When I did keratin, I couldn't curl my hair or even put it in a ponytail for a few days.  

• Love 1

Does anyone know the what the song in that video is called? It's stuck in my head now...

Updated: I see Erica tagged the song. "Coming out strong" by Future/the Weekend.

Edited by TiaGrace
Updated

Ok guys please correct me if I am wrong, maybe I am getting the wrong impression. But just saw on Jenna posting on twitter about next years calendar shoot and unless I am seeing things I see Danielle and Jen Kat (I think its Jen) in there. I thought that the calendar shoot was for returning vets and I thought Danielle and Jen said they was "done" and retiring from DCC? Or is this a pic from last year as it seems I also see Kat rogers? Maybe I am seeing things when I take a break at work!!! 

Also who is that right at the back? Like the one right under the lights looks like a brunette/blonde? (shes the one 2 places to the left of Robin? whose just peeping her head above Holly) Is that Kelli Quinn? I think I am seeing things and I am sure I am wrong.

Weird how everyone (by the looks) is wearing a bikini and Jenna is wearing a 1 piece suit.  

Edited by Dcc fan
10 minutes ago, Dcc fan said:

Ok guys please correct me if I am wrong, maybe I am getting the wrong impression. But just saw on Jenna posting on twitter about next years calendar shoot and unless I am seeing things I see Danielle and Jen Kat (I think its Jen) in there. I thought that the calendar shoot was for returning vets and I thought Danielle and Jen said they was "done" and retiring from DCC? Or is this a pic from last year as it seems I also see Kat rogers? Maybe I am seeing things when I take a break at work!!! 

Also who is that right at the back? Like the one right under the lights looks like a brunette/blonde? (shes the one 2 places to the left of Robin? whose just peeping her head above Holly) Is that Kelli Quinn? I think I am seeing things and I am sure I am wrong.

Weird how everyone (by the looks) is wearing a bikini and Jenna is wearing a 1 piece suit.  

That photo is from last year's calendar shoot. This year's shoot is next week, according to some of the girls' Instagram posts. The girl that's to Robin's immediate left is Raylee and Stephanie is to Raylee's left. Hope this helps!

Edited by AnnMichele
6 minutes ago, AnnMichele said:

That photo is from last year's calendar shoot. This year's shoot is next week, according to some of the girls' Instagram posts. The girl that's to Robin's immediate left is Raylee and Stephanie is to Raylee's left. Hope this helps!

Thanks I wasn't sure and thought I was seeing things!!!

10 hours ago, Slate said:

Didn't we get to see pictures of swimsuit fittings in the past? Anyone seen pictures or know when fittings are?

We did, usually Judy or Kelli posted pictures and then the girls snapchatted as well. If they're going in 8 days, they probably would have had fittings already. Maybe the whole creeper issue has scared them away from it.

Guesses for who gets featured in calendar? I say Kelsey, Holly, Jinelle, Jenna, Khalyn, Tasha, Kashara, Simone, Erica, Mandy, Maggie, Jessika, Tess, Yuko(?). Uncertain on the last three. Maybe Kelsey, Holly and Erica with a good shot at front/back covers.

I don't think Holly got swimsuit calendar besides back cover this year so I would think she gets probably either back cover again or featured in calendar. Erica was front cover this year I think, so probably won't be featured as cover again. Kelsey definitely has a good chance of getting a photo in the calendar. Maggie is another one. I don't think Tasha or Jessika will. Kash probably.