Type keyword(s) to search

Current DCCs: My Boots Do the Talking

bigskygirl
  • Start Topic

44 minutes ago, HowdeeDo said:

I'm surprised they (all teams) don't announce it earlier considering the possible schedule conflicts and routines they have to learn specifically for PB. Only 6 teams have announced PBC so far. 

It's the week between the conference championship games and the Super Bowl, so in theory they should be keeping that free in general. 

2 hours ago, dalgal214 said:

Rams announced their PBC

Just wondering if she's a vet. Isn't it a whole new squad since they moved back to LA from St. Louis? Unless some of the vets moved with them.

36 minutes ago, MrsEVH said:

Just wondering if she's a vet. Isn't it a whole new squad since they moved back to LA from St. Louis? Unless some of the vets moved with them.

Me thinks anyone willing to move across the country for a part time/seasonal job deserves that honor!

We DCC:MTT "insiders" know the real reason behind Dak's recent slump.  

I mean, when you have to keep an important part of your life hidden away (looking at you, a certain petite DCC)  it throws your whole game off.  Am I right girls?

(Kidding of course. I don't really believe the star quarterback was secretly dating the head cheerleader, who was then reminded of the rules against fraternization with the players, and told to cool it. Now only allowed to stare longingly and wistfully at her man from the sidelines as she shakes her pom-poms.  Too Harlequin Romance for my taste.)

• Love 2
15 hours ago, MrsEVH said:

I'm so sad that I didn't even know it wasn't always the LA Rams ... what was LA's football team before the move then?

• Love 1
27 minutes ago, tobeyoungagain said:

I'm so sad that I didn't even know it wasn't always the LA Rams ... what was LA's football team before the move then?

LA didn't have a football team for many years, it was originally the Cleveland Rams and then they moved them to L.A. and then after many years moved to St. Louis and now they're back in LA. 

15 minutes ago, heatherrrrz said:

LA didn't have a football team for many years, it was originally the Cleveland Rams and then they moved them to L.A. and then after many years moved to St. Louis and now they're back in LA. 

Ah!  Got it ... sorry one more dumb one but what / who decides that a football team moves cities?

• Love 1
1 minute ago, tobeyoungagain said:

Ah!  Got it ... sorry one more dumb one but what / who decides that a football team moves cities?

I think the team owner

32 minutes ago, tobeyoungagain said:

I'd imagine they go where the money is with the chance to regroup and rebrand the team. We went to a Rams game years ago and not even half maybe even a quarter of the stands were full. If Cleveland keeps having "off" seasons the same could happen there too. 

Edited by HowdeeDo
  • Love 1
18 minutes ago, LaurenBrook said:

Yeah, I don't think Lacey looks sickly at all.  Jinelle sometimes looks a little borderline to me but Lacey, nah.  Her sister is built exactly the same...good genes and active lifestyle.  #girlcrush 

Agreed.  Her head just looks disproportionate in that picture. 

• Love 2
3 hours ago, tobeyoungagain said:

Typically team owner(s) decide they are ready to make a change, and work with the outgoing host city and the incoming host city to work up a plan. I know for STL the Rams had a contract with the stadium they played in (I use the word "played" loosely. ugh) and so part of the reason they left was the city of STL didn't want to contribute $$ to build a new stadium, and LA was willing to. Not to mention the Lou has always been a baseball town, and any good Missourian knows to root for the Chiefs. Stan Kroenke (owner) is married to a Mid-Mo gal and they live here in Columbia, so I can image ole Stan wanted a team close to home. Then he realized the Rams are terrible (save for the Kurt Warner years), and nobody wanted to go watch a game when they could go see the Blues play hockey across the street.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, spazette said:

Typically team owner(s) decide they are ready to make a change, and work with the outgoing host city and the incoming host city to work up a plan. I know for STL the Rams had a contract with the stadium they played in (I use the word "played" loosely. ugh) and so part of the reason they left was the city of STL didn't want to contribute $$ to build a new stadium, and LA was willing to. Not to mention the Lou has always been a baseball town, and any good Missourian knows to root for the Chiefs. Stan Kroenke (owner) is married to a Mid-Mo gal and they live here in Columbia, so I can image ole Stan wanted a team close to home. Then he realized the Rams are terrible (save for the Kurt Warner years), and nobody wanted to go watch a game when they could go see the Blues play hockey across the street.

Actually we here in StL had submitted a proposal for a new stadium that met the requirements the league set forth, we had made a good faith effort it was ignored by the league. No most people weren't attending games anymore but it wasn't because they could go watch the Blues (some of us aren't huge hockey fans and even those that are are just frustrated year in and year out that the Blues can't seem to make it past the first round or so of the playoffs).  And you're unlikely to find many Chiefs fans on this side of the state, there are some, people who chose to root for them after the football Cardinals were taken from us. Most everyone I know was a Rams fan and was incredibly disappointed when the league screwed us over and now stick to NCAA football, though Mizzou made this year tough too. Sorry, sore subject.

@twinkietwin94 my comments were made mostly tongue in cheek, not meant to offend. If this Missouri gal offended another, it certainly wasn't the intention. I know where I'm at (Columbia), that is how the story was reported, and for the most part our local news affiliates aren't terribly unreliable but it sounds like they missed the mark on this one. As for Mizzou.....I can't even begin to broach that topic. Suffice to say its been a painful few years.

• Love 1
50 minutes ago, spazette said:

@twinkietwin94 my comments were made mostly tongue in cheek, not meant to offend. If this Missouri gal offended another, it certainly wasn't the intention. I know where I'm at (Columbia), that is how the story was reported, and for the most part our local news affiliates aren't terribly unreliable but it sounds like they missed the mark on this one. As for Mizzou.....I can't even begin to broach that topic. Suffice to say its been a painful few years.

No real offense I just tend to overreact bc the Rams were the reason I fell in love with football. I lived in CoMo for 10 yrs. I knew the football this year wouldn't be great but ugh! I wouldn't be surprised with Kroenke's connections to Columbia that it was reported that way there. I only watch anything NFL anymore when the Cowboys play so I can try to catch a glimpse of the cheerleaders, hubby laughs at me craning my neck to the side as if I can then see around the sideline people to see the girls LOL

While the money talks loud enough to drown out practically anything else, doesn't the NFL bureaucracy have something to say about teams switching cities?  I seem to remember hearing that a team can't just switch cities, the deal has to be finalized, then the NFL bigwigs get involved (if they aren't already) to approve the deal.  I've been hearing grumblings that the teams (and, by association, the NFL) has all this money to throw at players (among other things), why are they sticking the cities with the bill to build a stadium with all the extras?  Then the cities turn around and charge a ridiculous amount to the fans who do show up in terms of ticket prices, food and seating selection.

If any of this is incorrect, blame it on me not paying close enough attention to how these things work. 

20 hours ago, tobeyoungagain said:

I actually DO remember this from my football watching days!  The Oakland Raiders moved to LA sometime during the 80s and played there for about 10 years before moving back to Oakland.  Just checked to make sure i wasn't imagining this, they were in LA 1982-1994.  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_the_Los_Angeles_Raiders

Edited by ByTor
19 hours ago, EricaShadows said:

While the money talks loud enough to drown out practically anything else, doesn't the NFL bureaucracy have something to say about teams switching cities?

Yes!  And do you know who had the the most impact for the Rams move to LA?  Jerry Jones!  You can do a Google search.  I believe it was a big story in ESPN magazine.  

Edited by PBSLover
  • Love 1
23 hours ago, QuiteContraryMoni said:

Well girl, time for you to come over to America's team. You picked a great time to join. We're actually winning.

I've always been a DCC fan since I was a little girl wanting to be a cheerleader for Halloween. I'm just loathe to give the NFL any further attention than what I give to the DCC after what they did to StL.

I thought it was super cute that the girls who danced with them in the halloween halftime got personal messages on cameo cards from the girls.

Lots of comments on Facebook so far saying Danielle or Holly. If that's the case, they'll take Danielle, even though I'm a huge Holly fan they may just use her popularity as points for group leader next year because tenure. 

Edited by HowdeeDo

I wouldn't be so sure about that.  Why bother including someone with less seniority rather than the most senior ones only?  Holly & those silly "I'm so sexxxxayyyyy" faces of hers work my last nerve, but if she wins fair & square she should go.

• Love 1

That was hard!  I voted for Danielle, Jenna and Jessica because I suspect it's all 3's last years.

Brittany Evans was only a third year when she made PB.  There were 4 four years, 2 fives and a six year girl(s) that year.

Edited by Elizabeth9
  • Love 2

Danielle, Erica and Jenn K!! I love Holly P to death but I think she still has some time.  I really hope it is Danielle...can't help voting for Erica because I just adore her.  Her post about her dad on IG...SOBBING.  She has the most precious heart. 

• Love 3

They normally pick the higher up vets for PB so having a 2nd year chosen is very unlikely.  Honestly, I don't think the popularity vote even matters - I'm sure they already know who they want.  This is probably just to get everyone more involved and hyped for the final announcement.

• Love 5

Maybe they only put 2-year+ vets up as eligible candidates?  It definitely would be interesting to know how they weigh the votes--online vote, DCC, and Kelli and Judy.  Surely they wouldn't hand this entirely over to the social media vote.  I voted for Jessica, Danielle and Jenna, since I feel like PBC has been and should be a more senior vet.  I'll be happy for whoever is chosen, but I agree that Orlando sounds way lame after Hawaii. 

As for the Cowboys Xmas party pics, I thought most everyone looked lovely.  I thought Raylee's dress was very classy even though it was understated and could use a bit o' bling in the accessories department. Jessica was stunning, and she is so cute with her hot tall man.  Mandy's dress looked more like a ballerina outfit than a cocktail dress.  (I am a fan of hers, but not the dress, and often not the makeup, or what I sometimes think are her botox-arched eyebrows.  I just think she's so pretty and talented that she doesn't need so much makeup and that she's too young to "need" botox.)  Ally and Heather looked fabs in their sparkles--Heather sexied up her cute factor with that V neckline, and I think Ally is one of those ladies who gets prettier and prettier the better she learns how to do DCC-glam makeup and overall styling (Stephanie, Jinelle, and Jenn all fall in that category for me).  I agree with others that Tasha looked pretty in her dress and makeup, but I thought her tan looked even more intense and ridiculous than usual.  That picture looked like someone took a strange shade of brown pencil and colored only on her. 

Edited by M1977G
Stupid auto correct
  • Love 5

I voted for Danielle, Jessica and Melissa. I hope Danielle or Jessica get it, but included Melissa in case it's her last year. If she's been interning with Scottish Rite this year, she very well might be headed off to med school in 2017. If that's still her plan, anyway. Who knows? I just like that girl. 

Love Erica too, if only bc she tends to wear Chucks when other girls wear stilettos, but I think she's staying another year. 

I do like Jenna too, but just forget about her sometimes. Hopefully she pulls a Sydney and stays and stays and stays. 

I've noticed a few tan fatalities this season, Stephanie and Tasha have always stuck out. Kelli Q has some pictures that make me go Hmmm too. It could just be lighting but I don't understand the whole "tan is attractive" thing. You're wearing white shorts...even if you let it dry properly I wouldn't even risk it.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, kalibean said:

I voted for Danielle, Jessica and Melissa. I hope Danielle or Jessica get it, but included Melissa in case it's her last year. If she's been interning with Scottish Rite this year, she very well might be headed off to med school in 2017. If that's still her plan, anyway. Who knows? I just like that girl. 

Love Erica too, if only bc she tends to wear Chucks when other girls wear stilettos, but I think she's staying another year. 

I do like Jenna too, but just forget about her sometimes. Hopefully she pulls a Sydney and stays and stays and stays. 

I like her too ... she's gorgeous, great dancer and clearly smart and ambitious... all the qualities you need in life!

• Love 1
1 hour ago, HowdeeDo said:

I've noticed a few tan fatalities this season, Stephanie and Tasha have always stuck out. Kelli Q has some pictures that make me go Hmmm too. It could just be lighting but I don't understand the whole "tan is attractive" thing. You're wearing white shorts...even if you let it dry properly I wouldn't even risk it.

I think it's more about 'tanning makes you look thinner'...and more ripped.  

• Love 3