Type keyword(s) to search

Current DCCs: My Boots Do the Talking

bigskygirl
  • Start Topic

She did not make it this year...sounds like she got as far as she possibly could but a spot for someone her weight/height/etc. did not open up.  What a MAJOR accomplishment for her though - wow!! Can't say I'm surprised because I'm a Jacie fangirl lol but that is still such a competitive audition.  I feel like she is still free-lance writing a lot? 

• Love 3
36 minutes ago, LaurenBrook said:

She did not make it this year...sounds like she got as far as she possibly could but a spot for someone her weight/height/etc. did not open up.  What a MAJOR accomplishment for her though - wow!! Can't say I'm surprised because I'm a Jacie fangirl lol but that is still such a competitive audition.  I feel like she is still free-lance writing a lot? 

Bummer!  I hope a spot opens up next year then.   She's awesome! 

• Love 3

oh that's so annoying for Jacie. Although it's testament to her that it's not because they didn't want her, that has to be a small positive. I don't really know how the rockettes work, will she automatically get a place if it opens up or will she have to go through the whole process again? 

53 minutes ago, LaurenBrook said:

She's been doing the features on the girls for Star Magazine and everything has been pretty well written. I'm sure she can use those for her portfolio and get a job writing. She should write a tell all!

hmmmm, this is going to sound btchy but I'm honestly not intending that to be the case.  I'm just curious / impressed at how these girls manage to survive (w/out a husband or partner) on a freelance writing salary or a barre instructor salary or a dance instructor salary.  I know where I live that would most definitely not fly and I couldn't even afford rent with that

9 hours ago, MrsEVH said:

Was Brittany Evans the only DCC (since MTT began) who was under 5 years to be selected as PB cheerleader?

I don't think Megan Fox did 5 years either. 

5 hours ago, Jazzmom said:

I just viewed the Rockettes on the Today Show, and DCC is a step above the Rockettes.  The performance was underwhelming to say the least.  I am more impressed by the DCC now!  They "rock it" in showmanship & style!  

Yes, I would love to see Danielle go to pro bowl!  She has the all american style!!

Rockettes and DCC are apples and oranges. Rockettes are about precision and unison, while DCC is about high kicks and power.

• Love 4
31 minutes ago, RazzleberryPie said:

Rockettes and DCC are apples and oranges. Rockettes are about precision and unison, while DCC is about high kicks and power.

I could totally see Jackie doing Rockettes for this reason. She always had more of a robotic movement during performances; I don't mean this negatively - girl can work it! Her style to me screams drill team and she's just so bright, I'd love for her to make it. Hopefully she tries out next year. 

Didn't Lauren and Olivia (Kitty Olivia) also try out or have Rockette ambitions at one point? Respond in the former DCC thread, don't want the mods to hate me. :P

5 minutes ago, HowdeeDo said:

I could totally see Jackie doing Rockettes for this reason. She always had more of a robotic movement during performances; I don't mean this negatively - girl can work it! Her style to me screams drill team and she's just so bright, I'd love for her to make it. Hopefully she tries out next year. 

Didn't Lauren and Olivia (Kitty Olivia) also try out or have Rockette ambitions at one point? Respond in the former DCC thread, don't want the mods to hate me. :P

Answered you over there.

You may have been "underwhelmed" because the rocketed are allllllll about technique. DCC is all about being big, powerful, sexy and eye catching. 

Jacie was denied, but plans to reaudition next year.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, dalgal214 said:

You may have been "underwhelmed" because the rocketed are allllllll about technique. DCC is all about being big, powerful, sexy and eye catching. 

Jacie was denied, but plans to reaudition next year.

That's the thing....the technique was lacking this morning on the show...it looked like synchronized swimming and not done that precisely!  But then again, DCC sometimes doesn't look that great in some of the side line dances.  

• Love 1
On ‎11‎/‎9‎/‎2016 at 1:15 AM, HowdeeDo said:

Smart move to capitalize on them since most of them teach yoga/barre anyway.

I would totally join just to take classes from them lol... yes it's true!

I wonder if they are getting paid to teach or if they have to "volunteer" some hours per month?

• Love 1
45 minutes ago, tobeyoungagain said:

I would totally join just to take classes from them lol... yes it's true!

I wonder if they are getting paid to teach or if they have to "volunteer" some hours per month?

I'm pretty sure expecting them to do this for free would be illegal. With the scrutiny NFL teams have been under regarding paying cheerleaders it would be pretty ballsy to try it. 

Mot also brings up something I've always wondered and maybe @ShellyB can answer. Are the cheerleaders paid to do the USO tours? Are the staff who accompanies them? And who pays their expenses on the trips? 

2 minutes ago, MaryWebGirl said:

I'm pretty sure expecting them to do this for free would be illegal. With the scrutiny NFL teams have been under regarding paying cheerleaders it would be pretty ballsy to try it. 

Mot also brings up something I've always wondered and maybe @ShellyB can answer. Are the cheerleaders paid to do the USO tours? Are the staff who accompanies them? And who pays their expenses on the trips? 

Good questions!  I am curious if they always fly business and if so, who pays for it?  I know when I was working in a start-up and had to fly to Asia (eg, long long flight), we had to sit in coach cause there was 5 of us and it would have been too costly for budget.  Here there are way more than 5

I was looking at the USO pics on the DCC site and noticed Kelli Q is not in them.  She probably couldn't go because her profile says she a elementary school teacher.  I wonder how the girls on SG or DCCS in general balance their work/school around games and appearances?

54 minutes ago, MrsEVH said:

I was looking at the USO pics on the DCC site and noticed Kelli Q is not in them.  She probably couldn't go because her profile says she a elementary school teacher.  I wonder how the girls on SG or DCCS in general balance their work/school around games and appearances?

Most of them seem to be students (I presume a lot are taking minimum hours and online classes) or have a spattering of part time, flexible hour jobs like dance teachers, fitness instructors, MLM sales, receptionists, vague 'marketing' jobs, etc. 

I just think she's naturally curvy. Her hips/thighs have always looked like that, but it looks good on her! Not a short hair fan...wish they'd let the girls change it up and not stick with one style for years. :/

Did anyone else see the picture on twitter from the DCC page of Raylee? it was posted about 2 hours ago. Either it's a very unfortunate shadow or she has severe under cleavage. I have no idea why they would choose to post it.

• Love 1
9 minutes ago, GAgirl said:

Did anyone else see the picture on twitter from the DCC page of Raylee? it was posted about 2 hours ago. Either it's a very unfortunate shadow or she has severe under cleavage. I have no idea why they would choose to post it.

The line looks to be a shadow from the vest.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, DancingDina13 said:

So who were the players Jenna and Holly were dating? I thought Jenna didn't go on USO tour because of Sydneys wedding ? 

Scroll back a few pages, Jenna > Dak and Holly was just hearsay, can't remember who it was. 

8 hours ago, heatherrrrz said:

I definitely think Holly cut her hair, in the photo Sam posted it looks shorter and darker. I liked it longer though =/

Me too ... her face looks better with a longer cut.  Why do they insist on making Holly less attractive than she is ... she does look stocky there.  Guess it's just angle??

On ‎11‎/‎12‎/‎2016 at 2:56 AM, BritFan said:

Looks like Holly has cut her hair.. it looks a bit darker too, no?

Who is in the front line (in beginning)?  There looks to be 5 or so of them?  Where's Megan?  Please don't tell me they featured her and all her glory?

56 minutes ago, California Girl said:

Tony Romo.  The man is a class act and a great example to athletes everywhere.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/here-is-the-heartfelt-speech-tony-romo-gave-to-concede-the-job-to-dak-prescott/

Nothing more to say.

Awww, that's too bad!  I still wish they'd consider replacing Melissa Rycroff with Candace Romo. So much more "style" lol!

1 minute ago, Bunnygirl said:

Awww, that's too bad!  I still wish they'd consider replacing Melissa Rycroff with Candace Romo. So much more "style" lol!

Rycroft, sorry.

• Love 7

That romo story is like a movie plot line playing out in real life - star quarterback gets injured, novice rookie quarterback has to fill in and does so well now the star is going to be replaced...   If Romo was a few years older, and had he actually won a few Super Bowls, I think this would be the exact plot of the movie any given Sunday ;).  Candace Romo even looks a little like the quaterback's wife in that movie.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, MyFavShows said:

That romo story is like a movie plot line playing out in real life - star quarterback gets injured, novice rookie quarterback has to fill in and does so well now the star is going to be replaced...   If Romo was a few years older, and had he actually won a few Super Bowls, I think this would be the exact plot of the movie any given Sunday ;).  Candace Romo even looks a little like the quaterback's wife in that movie.

Let me tell you, no one deserves this chance more than Dak. Everyone here in Mississippi (and I'd imagine his home state in Louisiana) are thrilled. He showed promise at state, but he's really evolved into a magnificent player with the Cowboys staff. The fact that he stepped in after the first line QB got injured in high school, college, and now the NFL is story enough. 

Edited by HowdeeDo
  • Love 3