Type keyword(s) to search

Current DCCs: My Boots Do the Talking

bigskygirl
  • Start Topic

Dont know if this was covered before ...how did Lacey rank getting the bottom row ... I thought it was seniority for that????

They seem to have filled the bottom two rows with mostly show group. And then tall leggy blonde Calia in the middle.

Edited to add mostly.

Edited by PrincessLeia

First two rows aren't exclusively show group because Angela and Danielle aren't on show group. Just looks like most of the favorites to me, excluding a few like Jen K. I'm surprised she isn't closer to the front.

7 out of the 9 are show group. So no, it's not exclusively show group, but that's quite a bit from show group. Plus Kelli's fave Danielle and 5 year Angela.

Could be a coincidence. It's just strange how it's not by seniority.

Edited by PrincessLeia

I doubt it. Because whenever they make appearances, they are in their uniform or in some type of DCC gear.

I only mentioned being in 'other clothes' due to the long and painful sequences shown in many past series about fashion "do & don'ts", haha, so I assumed that they must have lots of "out of DCC uniform" things to do. But I don't know!

I don't understand the fuss over Dermablend. I have a hip tattoo that Dermablend doesn't even begin to cover.

I've never actually seen that product. But could hardly believe sequences on the show where a girl has used it to cover up a whole tattoo and its left no trace of what's underneath - totally amazing!! But maybe not so much then, lol

I've never actually seen that product. But could hardly believe sequences on the show where a girl has used it to cover up a whole tattoo and its left no trace of what's underneath - totally amazing!! But maybe not so much then, lol

Well, there is the other possibility...that I suck at applying it! :)

I doubt it. Because whenever they make appearances, they are in their uniform or in some type of DCC gear.

Some of their DCC outfits don't have long sleeves though.  I am thinking about those football "jerseys" they have worn in the past.  Those have short sleeves.  And their breast cancer performance dresses have short sleeves too, yeah?

I never actually noticed tattoos on any of the girls.  Now I will need to figure out the season with Ashley Kelly and check out the uniform fitting day! :D

I am tattooless and clueless so ... wouldn't any kind of cover-up run once they were performing, sweating, and - in the case of a tramp stamp - rub off onto the white shorts?

They've shown sequences during uniform fittings of girls that have covered up tramp stamps with dermablend. (TCC Ashley Kelly ?). A wrist tattoo would be a cinch in comparison!

Didn't her mother try to cover  it up with fabric paint or something like it?

Edited by MrsEVH

Dermablend does cover tattoos, but it has to be done correctly for it to work. There's also Tattoo Camo and Kat Von D makes a cover up called Lock-It.  I know Dermablend and Tattoo Camo are both waterproof, so should hold up for games (and the shorts are low-to-the-butt enough that most tattoos won't be rubbing against the white). Don't know about Lock It.

ChicGirl: Ashley Kelly's fabric paint didn't look good. LOL  (But I thought it was cute her mom did it for her. :)  )

Edited by Kaedee

If you pause it at the right time during the photo shoot, you can see that they moved Lacey.  She was originally about halfway back in the middle, and Danielle was were she ended up.  They moved Danielle to the middle and then Lacey to Danielle's spot.  That's quite a move from halfway back to front!

There has been much talk as of late about how current rookie classes don't equate to past rookie classes of glamazon DCCs. There's also been talk about how, given the show's appeal, girls are not making the team when in earlier seasons or if the show wasn't on the air, they probably would. And in recent years, girls who shouldn't be making the team HAVE, including Morgan, Ashley Pro, Kaitlyn Rae and Breelan. IMO there are so many blenders currently on the team, including Raylee, rookie Amy that was never properly introduced (with a weird squinty face... if Chandler didn't make it for her looks alone last year, how did this girl?), Victoria, Clare, Rachel Le Ann (never got her appeal or why she's returned year after year), and Ashley Nicole (she is a DCC poster girl, on show group, and yet I've never gotten the feel for her being an amazing dancer, just blends).

I miss glamour girls Katy, Shram, Veronica, Ashton Torres, Emma, Jackie Bob, Nicole Hamilton, Lauren, Meredith O, Abigail, Alex Hermes, Samantha, Melissa Kellerman, Trisha Trevino, Whitney Isleib, and even Sydney.

Rachel Le Ann (never got her appeal or why she's returned year after year)

I'm glad you said this, I thought I was the only one. i also never understood the appeal of the Trevino sisters (maybe they're very nice people, I just don't find them pretty at all). Also, as long as I'm being mean, after seeing Holly in the last episode of MTT, where her gut was slightly hanging over the waistband of her shorts even after losing 8 pounds, I better never hear Kelli or Judi call anyone out on weight. Seeing what Holly looks like, it makes it all the more ridiculous when Chelsea and all the others were called out for weight.
  • Love 2

I have seen photos of Amy A, and I don't know. I think she is a butterface with a poofy nose. ITA about the Trevino sisters. Crystal looked almost cross eyed and Trisha just isn't a pretty girl. She's photogenic, I'll give her that regarding her cameo photo....but in video not so much.

The one I am most surprised made it was Kaitlyn Rae. I really think she made it on looks alone.

I hope Ashley Pro re auditions and I also hope that Breelan does, too. In Ashley's case, I think she needs both a little bit more in the way of maturity and self confidence. It annoyed me that Breelan came back to auditions performing and looking like she did. Not at all sorry to see Jasmine go. That whole annoying Jasmine/Danielle thing going on was over played and over worked. Plus, she sucked at the auditions.

• Love 1

I have seen photos of Amy A, and I don't know. I think she is a butterface with a poofy nose. ITA about the Trevino sisters. Crystal looked almost cross eyed and Trisha just isn't a pretty girl. She's photogenic, I'll give her that regarding her cameo photo....but in video not so much.

The one I am most surprised made it was Kaitlyn Rae. I really think she made it on looks alone.

I hope Ashley Pro re auditions and I also hope that Breelan does, too. In Ashley's case, I think she needs both a little bit more in the way of maturity and self confidence. It annoyed me that Breelan came back to auditions performing and looking like she did. Not at all sorry to see Jasmine go. That whole annoying Jasmine/Danielle thing going on was over played and over worked. Plus, she sucked at the auditions.

Whose Amy A?  There's a Amy T and Amy L on the squad.

Are you referring to FV finalist Amy (Rockford) Agins or TCC Amy Andrus (yes Maam) who got cut in season 7?

I'm not upset about Jasmine's cut either, but I don't think her friendship with Danielle was overplayed by any means. They came from the same squad so of course that would be a focus their rookie season, but it wasn't really mentioned after their rookie year until Jasmine was actually cut. And of course Danielle would be upset about her cut.

• Love 2

I think Chelsea was called out primarily for being a bad dancer and just overall, a bad human being.  I'm so glad she got the boot!!!

Kelli originally liked Chelsea, because somebody, dont' remember who - maybe the seamstress? - said she looked like Kelli. I never got that, but OK. She was a decent dancer, but not the best, she did gain some weight, but she ultimately was cut for smarting off and being 'toxic.' I guess all that combined, plus things we didn't see, caused her cut.

Brittney was the "heavy" one I never got/saw.

Holly is adorable. Soooo talented.

Brittany just naturally that a squarer, thicker waist and a larger frame. Even washboard toned, she'd be more 'straight' than 'hourglass'. Standing next to a slimmer framed Chandler, Brittany did indeed look 'big'. Not fat, IMO, but big. Same goes for Nicole Bulcher. She never looked fat or jiggly to me, but was just taller and larger framed, so put her next to a super slim girl, and she'll look bulky. That can all be fixed with placement AND by raising the shorts back up to where there were in the version right before these. Still modern, but not diapery looking.They balanced the sleeves better.

There was one Blake Shelton video on here, where both Brittany and Kelsey looked really thick in the middle .I was surprised. 

New Holly is built like Brooke Sorenson - more muscular, and yes, Holly is going to have a really hard time with maintaining DCC size.

I thought Crystal was snooty, but gorgeous, and Trisha is one of the most photogenic ones they've had. In person, pretty, in photos, stunning. I don't think that's all photoshop either. Some people are just very photogenic. But I get why a lot o people didn't like their looks.

Kaitlyn is like Courtney this year. Cute, but very young looking, and that kind of cute that looks overweight really, really quickly. I didn't get the appeal of either of them looks wise. While we're at it, Jasmine seemed like a nice person, but i didn't think she was that pretty, either. 

New Holly is built like Brooke Sorenson - more muscular, and yes, Holly is going to have a really hard time with maintaining DCC size.

Alot of the rookies will. Especially the way they pretty much restricted themselves just for Training Camp.

• Love 1

I was in Dallas this weekend and went to the game (my husband is a big Cowboys fan). It was interesting that each group was often doing a different dance on the sidelines or that one or two groups would start a dance, while the others were not dancing at all. I would say that Jennifer's group probably danced the most. If a song played for more than 2 seconds, she started a dance.

I didn't think Holly had the DCC look in the finale episode, and I still don't after seeing her on the big screen. She's definitely has a heavier build than some of the other girls, but I really think that the hair color and cut are doing her no favors. The red looked good right after the makeover, but the color is awful now, and I think the extra inch or 2 length that she came into training camp with worked better for her IMO.

The camera guy seemed to really like Jenna, Chantal, Kelsey, Kinzie, and Danielle. They were up there multiple times, as were the group leaders of course. I thought Mary looked stunning on the big screen the couple of times that she was shown.

I also agree with someone up thread that Rachel is not cute. I've never really understood her appeal.

• Love 1

It was interesting that each group was often doing a different dance on the sidelines or that one or two groups would start a dance, while the others were not dancing at all. I would say that Jennifer's group probably danced the most. If a song played for more than 2 seconds, she started a dance.

I wish I could say that I'm surprised, but I'm not.

I was in Dallas this weekend and went to the game (my husband is a big Cowboys fan). It was interesting that each group was often doing a different dance on the sidelines or that one or two groups would start a dance, while the others were not dancing at all. I would say that Jennifer's group probably danced the most. If a song played for more than 2 seconds, she started a dance.

I didn't think Holly had the DCC look in the finale episode, and I still don't after seeing her on the big screen. She's definitely has a heavier build than some of the other girls, but I really think that the hair color and cut are doing her no favors. The red looked good right after the makeover, but the color is awful now, and I think the extra inch or 2 length that she came into training camp with worked better for her IMO.

The camera guy seemed to really like Jenna, Chantal, Kelsey, Kinzie, and Danielle. They were up there multiple times, as were the group leaders of course. I thought Mary looked stunning on the big screen the couple of times that she was shown.

I also agree with someone up thread that Rachel is not cute. I've never really understood her appeal.

We were also visiting the Big D and saw the game courtesy of season ticket holding friends. I have to say that I really enjoy watching the women perform. Jennifer's group does appear to dance the most. She truly is a terrific group leader.Without a doubt, several girls are right on the edge weight wise. I personally agree with Jess14's opinion on rookie Holly. Her figure simply does not look attractive in those DCC shorts. Whenever she bent down while performing, her belly was full and visible. I was surprised to see her on the field since she is clearly the heaviest woman on the team. At the age of 18, I'm afraid she is fighting the inevitable. Add in her inability to take a decent cameo, group or team photo plus, her terrible hairstyle = poor girl can't win for trying.In person, it's obvious who the cameraman prefers. Jacie, Danielle, vetHolly, Jennifer, Erika, Kinzie...are simply gorgeous women. it must be incredibly hard on Holly whenever she's in uniform standing next to any of these ladies. It sucks since Holly is one hell of an amazing, talented dancer...still -on that freakin huge screen....Holly's appearance does NOT cut it.

FYI -The most gorgeous woman (based on the men in our group) All-☆star and goddess Emma. Week 1 she filled in & rocked "Thunderstruck". She is one of those total package DCC's...along with Jacie, Danielle, Jennifer & Kinzie.

I also agree on Rachel's appeal ( more like lack there of). Some of the photos I've seen of her in calendar shoots her face looks awkward. I think Rookie Holly looked beautiful during the interview segment of the show. The brown hair was a bit longer and really brought out her eyes more than the red. Also her makeup was more natural and it made her look fresh, the makeup they have on her now ages her.

I wonder what Rookie Holly would look like blonde!

I wish they'd given her a more sassy cut, she looks very dowdy. I'm not keen on her red hair either.. do DCC not have other shades of red? It always seems to be the same colour no matter what the girl's skin tone.

I think as far as looks and who is or is not a "glam girl," much of that is up to the eye of the beholder. Personally, I think there's a lot of glam girls on DCC right now: Danielle, Jacey, Holly A, Ashley, Caila, Erica, Jessica, Kinzie, Stephanie...  I think the DCC has always had a balance of Glam Girls, Sporty Girls, Girl-Next Doors and girls I didn't think were attractive at all. I never got the appeal of Ally Traylor, the Trevino sisters, Kamilah Brett, and some others.  But even if I didn't think they were traditionally or uniquely attractive, I would concede they were put together well, and that has an attraction all its own.  

• Love 1

I agree with that 100%. I believe that while not every Dallas Cowboys Cheerleader is beautiful to everybody, they are each beautiful to somebody. Even Ally Traylor. Girls like Abigail Klein, who just about everyone agrees was absolutely beautiful, are few and far between. I doubt there's been anyone since that everyone here would agree on. Although I think Caila might be headed in that direction.

Edited by sleepyjean
  • Love 1

I haven't been much of a fan of short hair on a DCC. I don't care for rookie Holly's hair nor did I care for it on Teri Lynn and Jordan Baum. However, when Jordan grew her hair long, her look changed entirely for me. She looked great with long hair! I wonder how much long hair would change Holly's look.

I agree that "glam girl" is in the eye of the beholder. I must say, though, that when you see the girls' social media pictures with their non-DCC friends, you do see a difference between how "well put together" they are compared to their friends. With that, I mean hair and make up. I'm so sorry if I came off mean!

• Love 1

I haven't been much of a fan of short hair on a DCC. I don't care for rookie Holly's hair nor did I care for it on Teri Lynn and Jordan Baum. However, when Jordan grew her hair long, her look changed entirely for me. She looked great with long hair! I wonder how much long hair would change Holly's look.

I agree that "glam girl" is in the eye of the beholder. I must say, though, that when you see the girls' social media pictures with their non-DCC friends, you do see a difference between how "well put together" they are compared to their friends. With that, I mean hair and make up. I'm so sorry if I came off mean!

Agreed on both points, and honestly, Holly should slap whoever decided on this hairstyle for her. I think she looked much better when she first came to try-outs. I don't think she needs hair down her back, but an a few inches longer than it is now would look good IMO.

One girl who I'm surprised is not talked about more is Mary. I think she is gorgeous and the prettiest one from her rookie class. As has been said though, beauty is in the eye of beholder.

Agreed, Tobybelle.  DCC really teaches these ladies how to be polished and work their individual assets.  I think most of the current DCCs are very gorgeous. The only ones I don't think are really "pretty" are Amy L and Jaclynn. But even then, they're handsome and put together.  So all the DCCs are very attractive ladies!

That's just like Crystal Trevino. Her rookie season I was like "..meh"..but her hair definitely changed me. Just like Mia and Jackie. I think if Holly's hair had more volume and length, it would definitely transform her.

Look at Tobie P - a brunette the first season and then a blonde.  Or Starr Spangler, who had thin hair and was a blonde, and at the beginning of the second season was a brunette with a lot of volume (or extensions).  They gave Kristen G short bangs during her makeover and she looked so much better during her second and third years with longer layers.  Loren's hair went thru how many changes her first year.  They bought out Paige's curly hair during her first season and then went back to straight hair.  It takes time to find each girl's style.

I agree with that 100%. I believe that while not every Dallas Cowboys Cheerleader is beautiful to everybody, they are each beautiful to somebody. Even Ally Traylor. Girls like Abigail Klein, who just about everyone agrees was absolutely beautiful, are few and far between. I doubt there's been anyone since that everyone here would agree on. Although I think Caila might be headed in that direction.

Kali Nicole was Abagial Klein level pretty IMO - I recenly saw the season 7 finale w/ her in it and wow, was she a stunningly gorgeous DCC - I can't believe they cut her after seeing how she looked in the uniform again. Holly A probably has the most mass apeal looks-wise on the current squad IMO. I think Calia has the best body on the squad by far, but her face isn't as universally pretty as Holly's. I think Kelsey is one of the prettiest too.

Edited by MyFavShows