Type keyword(s) to search

All Episodes Talk: All Rise

Message added by Meredith Quill

Community Manager Note

Official notice that the topic of Sean DeMarco is off limits. If you have 1-on-1 thoughts to complete please take it to PM with each other.

If you have questions, contact the forum moderator @PrincessPurrsALot.  Do not discuss this limit to this discussion in here. Doing so will result in a warning. 

• Start Topic

Then she called me one evening and asked if she could "hold" $1,500 until she got her next paycheck.

I believe, from watching JJ and the TPC, that there are people (grifters, scammers and the overly entitled - "You have more than I do, therefore you owe me some.") on online dating sites who make a living that way, or at least increase their incomes. We know the number of people out there who are all  too eager to give money to a person they've never even met is huge. My mind will never stop boggling at that.

I've never asked any person, not even my mother, brother or husband, for $1500.

You may have said no to her, but I bet others have not. If her con didn't work, she wouldn't bother doing it.

• Love 7

Me neither!!  Many moons ago, when I was a sainted "single mother", a friend introduced me to a man who was several years younger, very well built (spent a lot of time in the gym) and was a lot of fun.  We went out a few times, (cheap dates), because he was working at low paying job and I was supporting two children.  One day, soon after a very sexy weekend (children with Dad) he called me sounding very sad.  He said "This may be the last phone conversation we have for a while, because Ma Bell is going to turn off my phone".  My response was "Oh, that's tight.  Maybe you can use your neighbors phone until YOU can get enough money to get YOUR phone reconnected".  We held the phone, breathed in each other ear for a while and then he said he would talk to me later.  Needless to say, the bloom was off the romance pretty darn fast after that conversation.  You see, I never asked him how much he owed on the bill, and he never said, because my initial response to him told him that I didn't care how much he owed on HIS damn phone bill.  I had two children and bills of my own.  IJS!!

Ma Bell!??! That was many moons ago!

Karate Ring - Two reasonable-looking people, well-spoken... until you find out that a marriage proposal sprung from this on-and-off relationship where the plaintiff didn't even want to tell the defendant where she lived!  I am not kidding!  "I won't tell you where I live, will you marry me? And here is my credit card." - the defendant took the ring and ran. 3 gavels.

Two batshit crazy kids in love.  This sounds fracked up!

• Love 2

If the 40-something Zorah can be so hypnotized by a big dick with a zero attached to it that she loses whatever sense she had, then she needs professional help

How did she get past the rest of him to discover the big dick?  Was it the scintillating conversation? The quick wit? He barely had the energy to answer JJ's questions, I don't know how he was giving her good loving.. unless she did all the work. 

• Love 6
(edited)

I'm eagerly awaiting the day when the first same-sex green-card marriage cases arrive in JJ's court, Teebax.  Even if the supreme court doesn't mandate it, so many states allow it now that we're bound to start seeing some. 

Edited by Sarcastico
  • Love 1

The seventies.  I'm a geezer ... lol

I remember Ma Bell and her Baby Bells.

Watching the first case now. Yep, she does look like a flower pot throwing type of gal! Did I just hear the Plaintiff say "After she comprehended me."  within the context of having the argument which precipitated said flower pot projectile????

After she comprehended me."

That's what I heard first as well, but then I rewound and it's actually "She  comeandputherhandson me."

Stop confessing your crime already!

"No one saw me do it!"  Okay, then, you little troll with what appeared to be a prehensile upper lip. Gee, I've ended relationships and have even been dumped before but for some reason vandalizing the ex-b/fs property never entered my mind. I enjoyed the genuine amusement JJ and Byrd got from this fool.

Rent Free Years

Why would anyone expect a mature woman to pay for her own accomodations? I had a serious problem with this case. I could only understand about one in five words that came out of Carolyn's mushmouth. The defendant - who allowed this parasite to squat in her house was a breath of fresh air and I think even JJ enjoyed the relief of listening to someone who could actually speak her own language.

Cute Lil Tire Kick

Plaintiff is a big crybaby. Albert was just messin' wid her. I know I always kick my friends' cars if I dislike the music they play. Doesn't everyone?

• Love 6

In the Be Quiet case, the defendant kind of reminded me of Lisa "Left Eye" Lopez (R.I.P.) in both looks and 'tude. The flower pot through the car window is just a gateway to her burning that dude's house down (flashback to Andre Rison's mansion). That case gave me good laughs -- it was so fun to see JJ and Byrd laugh; "It runs deep. Chevy runs through me."; every word the defendant said; the fact that the plaintiff thinks they're getting back together.

The cute-kickin' Mr. Harris needs to get his misophonia in check.  I get it- he doesn't want to hear something, but he needs some coping skills. I have a feeling that people don't feel any safer having Mr. Harris as their security guard.

Give someone your credit, but don't let them know your address --- where's the logic?

• Love 3

As one who has previously always rolled her eyes over the many dog cases on JJ, I now have a new found empathy for them. I was out walking my dog, Zelda, a 10-year-old Australian shepherd rescue whom Mr. Ouisch and I had sort of foisted upon us about two months ago by a friend of a friend. Zelda's owners were moving to an assisted care facility that didn't accept dogs, and since Zelda was not used to being home alone all day, and Mr. Ouisch and I both work from home....well, here we are.

Today I was walking her in our neighborhood, in our city that is so prissy that police will actually pull over and ticket you if you are not carrying a waste disposal bag while walking your dog, when this big golden retriever bounded off of a porch and ran over to Zelda and me on the next door neighbor's city strip (the public patch of grass between the sidewalk and the curb) where I was just bending over to scoop up Zelda's, um, Number Two. Golden Retriever's owner was on her porch with two very young children and half-heartedly called her dog's name while simultaneously chastising her kids to stop hitting or stop this or that. This unleashed dog was off of her property ("out of her control" as JJ would say) and vigorously sniffing Zelda's nether regions. I was nervous because Zelda is still new to me and I don't know how she reacts with other dogs, especially large unleashed ones. Zelda circled around excitedly, returning sniffs with the retriever and wrapping her leash around my legs in the process. I was off-balance anyway, since I'd been semi-squatting to scoop her poop, and I got knocked over. I called out to the owner "Can you help me out here?" and she didn't budge from her porch, she simply called her dog's name once again and returned her attention to her similarly unruly kids.

Luckily, I wasn't hurt (other than the bruises I'll see later), and the two dogs didn't fight or anything, but I can now better appreciate the frustration of the plaintiffs over the apathy of some dog owners and will glance with a skeptical eye at those who state "he was never out of my control...."  

• Love 12
(edited)

Be Quiet!!! - "Please!  Be quiet!  Stop confessing your crime already!  This is a half hour show!  I need to pad it!  Yes, I heard you when you confessed the first time.  Let the plaintiff talk... stop interrupting with your confessions!  It's getting harder and harder to pretend this case needs more back and forth before being adjudicated!"  Mr Strudel was home, I turned to him and said: "just looking at her face, I know she is a flowerpot-throwing kind of gal."  Not 15 seconds later, JJ said: "just looking at your face I know you threw the flowerpot."  No one saw me when I gave 3 gavels, so it's like I didn't, right?

So for those of you watching this episode later in the day or on the weekend, my recommendation is to watch it with no sound first, and just enjoy the visual show that is the loverly Miss Jasmine.  No subtitles, no captions,  just enjoy the show.  Even funnier to know she's 21, not 9. 

Real life is always funnier than the stuff people try to make up!  Plaintiff got bonus money!  And we get an "It is what it is" from sweet young idiot.

Perfect recap, ToasterStrudel!

And I love that the plaintiff's hair in the music/car case matched the defendant's shirt!  How cool is that?!  Dang!

Edited by SandyToes
  • Love 3

Lisa "Left Eye" Lopez

I had to look that up, but you certainly  hit that nail on the head:

Mf4pzCj.jpg

"It runs deep. Chevy runs through me."

I forgot about that. This guy has clearly never watched this show if he thinks JJ is going to listen to all the details and history of his dreary car love.Next!

but I can now better appreciate the frustration of the plaintiffs over the apathy of some dog owners and will glance with a skeptical eye at those who state "he was never out of my control...."

I appreciate it too. My last dog - an Aussie cattledog mix -  I adopted when she was nine years old. She was a total sweetheart with all people and even my cats, but not with other dogs. I was walking ON LEASH her when someone's huge Airdale came bounding off their property and across a two lane street to get to us, while his owners stood like dummies on their lawn, saying, "Come" "Sit"  or something. My dog was not thrilled, nor was I. I had to tell the idiots, "Could you PLEASE get your dog??" before they actually stirred themselves to move. The words I hate the most coming from morons who are too dumb to own a dog? "It's okay! He/she is friendly!" Yeah, well, mine is NOT!

• Love 9

Thank you all so much for the vicarious thrill of your reportage!  Someday they will replay this episode and I can't wait!

Teebax, I had to ask my hubby what "Can I hold a dollar?" means! It means ROBBERY.  So, "Can I hold 1500 dollars?" is frickin ridiculous!

I didn't have to hide in the shelter, the weather God once again smiled on me and my phobia and turned the bad stuff away from me.  I did get to watch nothing but our local weather guy.

Thanks again! Hugs!

• Love 9

And I think Zorah was still keen on him. She was so proud of herself for getting him a $9/hr job at her current workplace. Such a dummy, she said, "Well, now he makes $515 a week!"  And JJ sternly said, "$515 gross." Zorah responded that, yes, it's "so much more than he was making before." Come on, Zorah, learn the difference between gross and net.

Sorry, I couldn't get the quote thing to work. 

I understood when they were working together his excuse for needing money was that they cut his hours down to one (?!) so even if the wage rate were the same $515 comes out to 57 hrs.  I suspect that's biweekly to avoid offering benefits to those over 30 hours.  Even Zorah left so it sounds like a shitty place to work and I'm glad they found better situations.

In 'Murica these days with our part time economy it often comes down to how many hours you can get even if the wage rate is similar.  If you're poor you're often dealing with gross wage numbers since that what counts for taxes or getting health care or help putting food on the table and the net amount is only meaningful to yourself personally.  I think she probably knew the difference.

I loved how the audience laughed the first time defendant mentioned his wife then Zorah claimed she cut it off with him because he was married and she'd never do that.  Well of course she did.  Hell, when my son was young I didn't even date other than trying to make things work out with his father every couple of years, but I digress.

• Love 3

I don't know how it happened but I have 21 episodes to watch. Yay?

Jackpot!

I just downloaded about 35 of the old 2001 eps from YT. Oh, boy. Yeah, I'm kind of pathetic I guess but I still wouldn't give Mr. Reape any money.

• Love 1

Handicapped Parking Bandits - A whole family of rotten, lying, gaslighting scumbags on the defendant's podium today.

Finally got to see this 5gaveler. Wow. ToasterStrudel had it spot on. What a mess.

I love when folks really, really get what's coming to them. Satisfying, indeed. Another family whose children will probably one day be back on this show.

• Love 4

Thank you all so much for the vicarious thrill of your reportage!  Someday they will replay this episode and I can't wait!

Teebax, I had to ask my hubby what "Can I hold a dollar?" means! It means ROBBERY.  So, "Can I hold 1500 dollars?" is frickin ridiculous!

I didn't have to hide in the shelter, the weather God once again smiled on me and my phobia and turned the bad stuff away from me.  I did get to watch nothing but our local weather guy.

Thanks again! Hugs!

That goes into the contemporary dictionary. 'cuz if someone came up to me and said "Can I hold a dollar?" I'd tell them "Unless something's wrong with your fingers, I guess you could."

Glad everyone is making it through tornado season okay.

• Love 3
(edited)

Something tells me that the 9 Dollar Man was giving Lip Service to someone other than Judge Judy. So according to the other posters here, if my calculations are correct he was making about 9 dollars an inch. I had his statement paused on my TV screen and Mr. Fuffle walked by and stopped to read it, he said "that guy didn't write out that statement Zorah did it for him." We came to the conclusion that Zorah was still getting a Dicking from the 9 inch man. We are sure his Dickings are heartfelt.

Miss Jasmine was absolutely priceless I couldn't stop laughing. You were right, scenes like this cannot be written.

Miss Jasmine's facial exspressions reminded me of Zendaya when she was a guest on Fasion Police and Joan Rivers was making sexual innuendos about other celebrities. If these jokes are going to bother someone then why do they go on Fasion Police, I just don't get it.

Mr. Harris was a real kick in the pants, he reminded me of Mushmouth from the Fat Albert cartoon show where he speaks in Ubbi Dubbi.

I have been a TWOP lurker for a longtime and most recently Previously TV, I would like to thank you all for keeping me smiling with your updates and critiques. This past month has been a treasure trove of snark with Judy, Dr. Phil, 19 Kids, Teen Mom OG and the like. I just had to come out of the closet.

Lots of the people here used to post in the JJ thread on TWoP. Some have kept their handles, others had minor revisions due to registration issues.  But we're still one big snarking family. So stay delurked and join in on the fun. :-)

Edited by Milz
  • Love 11
(edited)

Welcome Curt Fuffle!   Since "kerfuffle" is part of the drinking game, do we have to "drink!" every time Curt posts???

I'm in.  Just sayin'.

Watching a repeat "Sober Living"  where the plaintiff just keeps digging and digging and the hole just gets deeper and deeper...

Edited by SandyToes
  • Love 3

Drunken Negotiations - A bunch of drunken yahoos hit a parked car, switch drivers after the accident, and the driver that crashed the car frames the replacement driver.  We have a useless video!  Look forward to "I borrowed my car to her" being corrected, and watch Taylor Fagan's facial expression of "busted!"  So busted.  No insurance as usual. Three gavels.

Cable Bill - Argh, some idiots can't have cable bills in their own name because they screw the cable company.  Go home.  One Christmas Special gavel.

Blind Turn - That teenager looked like my grandmother.  What's up with the old look?  I hate huge SUVs, but I like Victorian mustaches; the plaintiff walked off a silent movie set after fastening a woman to a railroad track.  Two gavels.

Gimme a Break - A six year old car crash and a 2 yr old utility bill for two non-married?  You guys know where that one is headed... one gavel.

• Love 5

That teenager looked like my grandmother.

That alone should be worth the price of admission. I've seen teens here who look like they could be my contemporaries but never my granny.

Hi Curt Fuffle! Glad you're de-lurking. There can't be too much snark.

. So according to the other posters here, if my calculations are correct he was making about 9 dollars an inch.

And some fine snark it is!

• Love 4

I'm thankful for your recaps today --- my episode of JJ ran for 2 minutes and then Breaking News interrupted.  Fox Orlando thinks I need to hear about dumbass George Zimmerman having a gunfight with some (Caucasian) enemy of his. A mid-day gunfight....great, I'm betting JJ, Byrd, you, and I pay for him to toodle around, eat, have shelter, entertainment, and firearms.

• Love 6
(edited)
QuoteQuoteQuote

Blind Turn

I was surprised when Burl Ives, who fooled me when he appeared to be intelligent and well-spoken, brought pictures that guaranteed he was going to lose. He may very well have won otherwise.

QuoteQuoteQuote

Cable Bill

This cast of characters, including Leslie Brown who seemed to be a giant female impersonator, thinks CABLE is a non-negotiable necessity in their shady, non-bill paying lives? Whatever.

QuoteQuoteQuote

Drunken Negotiations

What a bunch of "I borrowed her" misfits. Oh, Gwen! Who told you that the later Mamie Van Doren look was a good one for you? I'm sorry but it's not compatible with your foolish giggling about - well, everything actually - and your five chins? The plaintiff/defendant in the hall? "Jerry's a big guy. I'm just a little person." No. No, you're not. The moronic Jerry may be marginally taller but I'm willing to wager you outweigh him by a considerable margin.

I was wishing JJ would have been more forceful with the silly, smirking Jerry about his idiotic laughter. Each giggle made his large and flabby moobs jiggle in a way that induced nausea.

QuoteQuoteQuote

A six year old car crash and a 2 yr old utility bill for two non-married?

This one pissed me off. Those two, boyfriend/girlfriend, can't afford anything and have to go and live with Mommy and Daddy, yet thought it was a good idea to have FIVE kids between them. Oh, and NOW she decides to go to school. I wonder how much that's sucking from the public trough.

Oh, and I forgot to say how much I adore it when Byrd saunters over and snatches papers from litigants.

Edited by AngelaHunter
  • Love 5

Perhaps this is out of line, but the statement "I'm in school" is in NO WAY equivalent to "I have a job".  This lady said I'm in school, so I'm making a difference, and I'm exempt, etc, etc.  Blerg!

• Love 6
(edited)

Mamie Van Doren

Ha!! No kidding. Has anyone figured out what that weird (creepy?) relationship was?  The halterview, "She normally drives us around when we're drunk" ?!? Taylor didn't look old enough to be hanging out at bars to start with, and to be palling around with Jerry? yick yick yick. And this is the first time I've ever seen a litigant told to switch sides of the courtroom!

I love how Toaster tucks little Easter Eggs in the recaps. I couldn't imagine what the Christmas reference was going to be about in the cable case (although I probably should have.) Just great!

Edited by CuriousParker
Removed Spoiler Tags
  • Love 3

Perhaps this is out of line, but the statement "I'm in school" is in NO WAY equivalent to "I have a job".  

Why not both?

I don't know why so many litigants think you can't work and go to school. I worked, at least part-time, the entire time I was in high school and college. Unless you're lucky enough to have parents who can pay for it or a full scholarship, I can't think of a reason not to work while attending college. Hell, I had the GI Bill, which covered almost all of my expenses, and I still worked while in college. It was nice to have spending money and not worry about my government check coming in late and leaving me short.

I think JJ's litigants don't understand that you can be more than one thing at a time. You can be partially disabled and work. Maybe you can move furniture, but you can work in an office. Yet all the litigants we see who collect disability wouldn't dream of attempting to do any type of work. You can be a student and an employee. I've never worked at a place that said I couldn't take classes during my free time. You can be lovers and not be parents. I know contraception is such a radical concept, but some folks don't procreate with every person they date!

Anyway, we're not exactly dealing with two-step thinkers here.

• Love 8

I think JJ's litigants don't understand that you can be more than one thing at a time.

Many of JJ's litigants spend their lives trying to figure out how to do nothing at all and still get paid. In that endeavour, many of them can claim absolute success. Today's single mother, student and Sec.8 recepient is a shining example.

I love how so many of the able-bodied non-workers get that big grin when JJ tells them "GET A JOB!" as though her suggestion is as preposterous as if she told them to "Go swim the English Channel!", not that any of them would know what that is.

• Love 3

how to do nothing at all and still get paid

Perfect.  The aim of so many people today.    We of a past generation remember working AND going to school.   Being a professional student/Section 8 recipient/Single Mom *choir note* seems such a noble choice.  Better than hawking your wares on the corner, I guess.

• Love 3

Ha!! No kidding. Has anyone figured out what that weird (creepy?) relationship was?  The halterview, "She normally drives us around when we're drunk" ?!? Taylor didn't look old enough to be hanging out at bars to start with, and to be palling around with Jerry? yick yick yick. And this is the first time I've ever seen a litigant told to switch sides of the courtroom!

I love how Toaster tucks little Easter Eggs in the recaps. I couldn't imagine what the Christmas reference was going to be about in the cable case (although I probably should have.) Just great!

I loved drunk girl's halterview comment about how laughy McIdiot was a "big guy" and she was a "tiny person"...I actually rewinded back to see her next to him...I think they would be evenly matched in a fight! Self delusion at its best!!

• Love 3

I love how so many of the able-bodied non-workers get that big grin when JJ tells them "GET A JOB!"

How does anyone know that those people are able-bodied?  But in America and JJ's libertarian fantasy land, visible disabilities are the only valid disabilities.  And those, apparently, abundant office jobs oftentimes require a certificate and degree, so it would be kind of hard to work in an office while going to school.

JJ can be entertaining, but I just cringe and fast forward when she goes on a Glenn Beckian MAH TAX DOLLARS rant.

• Love 8

I just have to share that I saw the seat-belted cheese ball episode for the first time on YouTube this weekend.  It was pure joy and entertainment.  Thank you to whomever posted the 2001 episodes.

BTW, I guess I'm a super special multi-tasker as I am working on my doctorate and continuing to hold a FT job, as are most of my cohorts.  We would fail the entry exam to be a JJ litigant.

How does anyone know that those people are able-bodied?

The ones I'm thinking of, like today's sainted single mother and the young guy the other day who won't work because he has high blood pressure and another who hasn't worked for 30 years because of a bad back but moves furniture for cash, bitch with "angoraphobia", woman who can't do any job at all - bad heart/back -  but CAN have and care for six children on the taxpayers' dimes, and on and on and on. I know very well there are legit disabilities. I have a friend who is only 42 and completely disabled with MD and worked all her life prior to this. It's tragic.  We just very rarely see them here.

laughy McIdiot was a "big guy" and she was a "tiny person"...I actually rewinded back to see her next to him...I think they would be evenly matched in a fight!

I disagree! I'd place a bet that "tiny person" could take Jerry two falls out of three, easy.

• Love 7

I just have to share that I saw the seat-belted cheese ball episode for the first time on YouTube this weekend.  It was pure joy and entertainment.  Thank you to whomever posted the 2001 episodes.

BTW, I guess I'm a super special multi-tasker as I am working on my doctorate and continuing to hold a FT job, as are most of my cohorts.  We would fail the entry exam to be a JJ litigant.

Good for you! That's on my bucket list.

I shared the cheese ball case with my parents this weekend, and they loved it. That's a classic!

Perfect.  The aim of so many people today.    We of a past generation remember working AND going to school.   Being a professional student/Section 8 recipient/Single Mom *choir note* seems such a noble choice.  Better than hawking your wares on the corner, I guess.

My mother used to say: "People who want to work find work. People who don't want to work find excuses."

• Love 6
(edited)

There was a case with a woman who was on SSD (disability not the low-income based SSI) and was in the program that allowed her to try and return to work without effecting her disability. You can make a certain amount on SSD anyway, but JJ doesn't seem to know it. She accused the woman of being a scammer, and ruled against her because she was working and collecting disability and she and Byrd were not going to support her.

The plaintiff kept trying to explain it was a program from SSD to help people return to work, but JJ wouldn't hear it, kept talking over her, and almost had the woman in tears for even collecting the benefits. I think she had something like cancer, or an organ failure and subsequent replacement, but something that was clearly a disability. In my America, we help people who need it.

I know she sees a lot of scammers, and I'm sure she did in family court too, but there really is no reason to be as nasty as she is as soon as she hears disability. Any more, it seems like she is hateful right off the bat with a lot of litigants, and as an audience member, I am not given a reason for it. It is frustrating and could be editing, but they need to let us get up to speed like they used to so we know if we agree with her or not. She's more exhausting then some of the litigants.

Edited because it just weirdly posted the same 3 paragraphs 4 times. I know that I think my opinion is worthy, but I really don't think you all want to read it that many times. :)

Edited by Christina
  • Love 13

Best I can tell from remembering it, he decided to get Cable in the summer so he could record a Christmas show (that has been shown a million times and will be shown a million times more I'm sure) in the winter. 

Yeah, a real winner there. :P

• Love 2
(edited)

I know she sees a lot of scammers, and I'm sure she did in family court too, but there really is no reason to be as nasty as she is as soon as she hears disability.

Exactly!!  We all know she sees many liars and scammers, but she is well paid to listen to what the litigants have to say before dismissing them as just another liar "taking her money".  There are circumstances when SSD and SSI are deserved.  Granted, from what is presented on this show that doesn't seem to be the case but since these are the people chosen to appear on the program, the least she can do is hear them out.   The ones that are full are crap will be quickly found out and the ones deserving the assistance they are receiving will not be treated like scammers,

Edited by momtoall
  • Love 4

Exactly!!  We all know she sees many liars and scammers, but she is well paid to listen to what the litigants have to say before dismissing them as just another liar "taking her money".  There are circumstances when SSD and SSI are deserved.  Granted, from what is presented on this show that doesn't seem to be the case but since these are the people chosen to appear on the program, the least she can do is hear them out.   The ones that are full are crap will be quickly found out and the ones deserving the assistance they are receiving will not be treated like scammers,

I agree that she is hard on people, even some who don't deserve her wrath. But then we all know how she is. Where are they getting these people who would willingly go on the show, knowing how JJ is? Being mean and impatient is her whole shtick. I've said it many times: if for some reason I chose to go on a court show, hers would be the last one. While it would be nice to get more information about the backstory before she goes on a rant, that's not gonna happen on JJ.

I watch The People's Court, and MM manages to hear cases without even bringing up her litigant's sources of income. So it can be done.

I think this is a great discussion and love that we have a forum where we can discuss these issues. I'd love to discuss it more, but I have to go to work. :-)

• Love 5

Many of JJ's litigants spend their lives trying to figure out how to do nothing at all and still get paid. In that endeavour, many of them can claim absolute success. Today's single mother, student and Sec.8 recepient is a shining example.

I love how so many of the able-bodied non-workers get that big grin when JJ tells them "GET A JOB!" as though her suggestion is as preposterous as if she told them to "Go swim the English Channel!", not that any of them would know what that is.

They would probably think "I don't get that on my cable"

• Love 8

Many of JJ's litigants spend their lives trying to figure out how to do nothing at all and still get paid.

I think JJ goes off on the ones who seemed so PLEASED that they have figured this out. She's had some on the show that have received compassion (a few, at least), but I think it's the ones like the single gal this week who was just so proud about it.  I deal with a lot of "these types" in my non-JJ life, and it drives me crazy. I'm also a former special ed teacher, so have seen the other side as well.  And people like my mom, who applied for disability and was denied, and really needed it when she was no longer able to work.  But anyway - I watch JJ to feel better about my own life: Good to know I'm not as wacko as I sometimes feel!  And I recorded goofball Jasmine this week for when I need a laugh.

Anyway. Anyone have details on the "cheese ball" case, in case someone wanted to find it? Sounds like another "can't miss" episode. 

Lordy, I need to get a life....

• Love 2

I saw a rerun last night with a 25 year old plaintiff who gave 1250 to the oldest 22 year old I ever saw! Unless I misheard, but where to these old/young people come from. I'm a year younger than the 59 year old a few days ago, and I thought she was actually near 80!

• Love 2

I think JJ goes off on the ones who seemed so PLEASED that they have figured this out. She's had some on the show that have received compassion (a few, at least), but I think it's the ones like the single gal this week who was just so proud about it.  I deal with a lot of "these types" in my non-JJ life, and it drives me crazy. I'm also a former special ed teacher, so have seen the other side as well.  And people like my mom, who applied for disability and was denied, and really needed it when she was no longer able to work.  But anyway - I watch JJ to feel better about my own life: Good to know I'm not as wacko as I sometimes feel!  And I recorded goofball Jasmine this week for when I need a laugh.

Anyway. Anyone have details on the "cheese ball" case, in case someone wanted to find it? Sounds like another "can't miss" episode. 

Lordy, I need to get a life....

Here is a link to the cheese balls case:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NPG6nKP487s

• Love 2

Look forward to "I borrowed my car to her" being corrected, and watch Taylor Fagan's facial expression of "busted!"

That was so awesome . . watching her lying face pink up as she was being lambasted by JJ (Iever since I heard JJ talk about how people get flushed when they lie, I watch for signs of increased blood flow in the neck and face - it's like a light-up lie detector!!!) She thought she was so clever taking pictures of the laughing defendant driving (apparently they all had feathers in their underpants because they couldn't stop laughing, including Beth-The-Bounty-Hunter over there) 

• Love 3

Slumlord?  - I am not sure what the landlord plaintiff was doing there with his shitty records and his shitty proofs, but the defendants didn't look like the tidy, rent-paying sort.  So who really knows?  Meh.  One gavel.

Peanut Mouth - Lucille Ball's loopy sister goes through many senior romances, on and off, buying and selling furniture.  She wants two couches and some stupid rugs back.  In addition to a peanut-shape mouth, she had squinty eyes and bizarre facial expressions, and couldn't answer questions without the assistance of her new senior boyfriend.  Two gavels for the visuals.

A Very Good Friendship - This is a variation of gift vs. loan: yes, this is blessing vs. gift vs. loan - why?  Because the litigants met on Christian Mingle.  The defendant was a really slick swindler, so much so that JJ had to ask: "Smith, is that your real name?"  Ouch.  That'll teach him for meeting women online with a financial interest rather than a romantic one.  Three blessed gavels.  Amen.

Lost Jewels - Aye, these nice Southern ladies with the craft jewelry sure were tedious.  You'd figure she'd show off some of her craft by wearing it but no, they dressed plain and no craft jewelry.  Yawn.  One gavel, and it's not because I lost the other gavels in storage.

• Love 9

I agree that she is hard on people, even some who don't deserve her wrath. But then we all know how she is. Where are they getting these people who would willingly go on the show, knowing how JJ is? Being mean and impatient is her whole shtick. I've said it many times: if for some reason I chose to go on a court show, hers would be the last one.

When I have read the articles/posts about people who have went on JJ, been treated poorly, and lost, they always think they are going to win, she is going to yell at the other party, and that they were not given a fair shake. I think the opportunity to receive the money and the chance for JJ to yell at the other people is what keeps them going.

I remember one defendant who won, and she still complained. I really think in that case, she was putting on a show and thought the Plaintiff, her daughter (I think) would be paid. Also, people are delusional.

• Love 3