Type keyword(s) to search

All Episodes Talk: All Rise

Message added by Meredith Quill

Community Manager Note

Official notice that the topic of Sean DeMarco is off limits. If you have 1-on-1 thoughts to complete please take it to PM with each other.

If you have questions, contact the forum moderator @PrincessPurrsALot.  Do not discuss this limit to this discussion in here. Doing so will result in a warning. 

• Start Topic

You always have to use your own insurance.  The companies decide between themselves which driver is responsible, and which company will pay out.  At least that's how it works in my jurisdiction.

Right- but I think Sparger is saying on JJ we have seen litigants get their money anyway.  JJ was waaaay too hard on plaintiff and didn't really admonish the non-insured as usual.  This one really felt like a JJ pre-determination for some reason we don't know.

• Love 2

Right- but I think Sparger is saying on JJ we have seen litigants get their money anyway.  JJ was waaaay too hard on plaintiff and didn't really admonish the non-insured as usual.  This one really felt like a JJ pre-determination for some reason we don't know.

JJ's rulings almost always seem mood-based to me, and also based on whether or not she likes a litigant. I agree that she has handled other similar cases differently than she handled this one. 

I also think JJ would have been more sympathetic if the plaintiff hadn't danced around the question. When JJ asked her if she'd submitted to her insurance, the plaintiff started yammering about an accident she had when she was young. I think if she'd given a more sensible response JJ may have been more sympathetic. The other thing the plaintiff could have done was gone through her insurance and then gone to JJ's show to sue for the deductible. She seemed flighty to me, and JJ does not like flighty.

Edited by teebax
  • Love 2

Also hated the rear end case where the women was pissing off JJ with her "I have insurance, I'm sure you do also, I'm sure everyone here (gesturing like a showcase showdown model) has insurance. She was obsessed with rubbing her hair. She even did it when she was passing by Byrd when JJ kicked her out after dismissing her case.

She thought she was channeling Erica Kane (RIP All My Children)  Perhaps some litigants think Judge Judy is the equivalent of Schwab's Drug Store (you old people know what I'm talking about, all the old timey movie stars who were suppposedly "discovered" at the soda fountain)

I second going through your own insurance, not only because the insurance companies duke it out (or if there's no other insurance company, they do go after the person at fault - I got my deductible back once from State Farm after they sued the other person for the loss) but it also protects YOU. What happens when the person at fault with no insurance decides to call YOUR insurance company and claim YOU hit him/her and that's it's YOUR fault? Then some Scammy McScammerson tries to collect from you. Honestly no good deed goes unpunished. 

And people need to call the damn cops. I hit a guy that turned right in front of me once and then he staggered out of the car holding his back. Called cops and called insurance. Time goes by and State Farm takes the guy to court (had no insurance and no license, whoda thunk it?) and the guy's MOTHER shows up in court as a witness to the accident, telling how I viciously struck her son's hoopty with my old skool minivan and she saw the whole thing. Back in the day when I used to believe in the honesty of people (!) I was horrified some bleached blond dried up alky bimbo-mama showed up and LIED in court. 

• Love 5

And people need to call the damn cops.

Ah to be true..... BUT, here in the Dallas-Ft Worth area the majority of the cities/towns will not respond if it happens on private property.  Most will not respond on public property if there are no injuries(requiring an ambulance) or major traffic tie ups.  Lesson learned personally.

I have been hit 3 times by no license/no insurance drivers.  The insurance company will try to recoup,  but "blood turnip" rule kicks in and they have no incentive to work very hard at it.  I am never without uninsured coverage, even as my vehicles age.

• Love 2

Google Eyes is a man.  I think someone posted a screen shot a couple of pages above.

Oh, wait a  minute--is there an audience member named "Googly Eyes"?  I've never seen her.

I was referring to the plaintiff in the rental case! 

Yes, please post a picture of the audience member! 

I'm the one who gave her the nickname, but I have no idea how to post her picture.

She has dark brown hair in a "Buster Brown" kind of haircut, assuming you're old enough to know what that means; bangs cut straight across, the rest ear length, very straight.  Blue (googly) eyes.  In the Scratchy Car-Fight segment, she was sitting in the front row behind the plaintiff and wearing a grey top with a black cardigan.  She was a little more subdued than usual, probably because she was in the front row and didn't have to lean around someone in front of her so the camera would catch her.

And to whoever said being a spectator in JJ's court is their dream job, I think I'd be bored to death after a couple of cases.  I even saw someone falling asleep behind the defendant a few days ago.

• Love 2

I'm the one who gave her the nickname, but I have no idea how to post her picture.

She has dark brown hair in a "Buster Brown" kind of haircut, assuming you're old enough to know what that means; bangs cut straight across, the rest ear length, very straight.  Blue (googly) eyes.  In the Scratchy Car-Fight segment, she was sitting in the front row behind the plaintiff and wearing a grey top with a black cardigan.  She was a little more subdued than usual, probably because she was in the front row and didn't have to lean around someone in front of her so the camera would catch her.

And to whoever said being a spectator in JJ's court is their dream job, I think I'd be bored to death after a couple of cases.  I even saw someone falling asleep behind the defendant a few days ago.

Thanks, Puffaroo.  I think I may have already deleted Scratchy Car Fight.  Maybe not, though!

(edited)

Unlicensed Eyelash Extensions - Aw go home, if you're on such a tight budget and extensions are a "treat" - it's still $100, give me a break.  Boohoo they were a bit crooked.  Fun to see Byrd pretending to know what Groupon is.

Two Schnooks Meet Jesus - Mom kicks out these two bums that are well into adulthood, and they move on to stay at some Christian sucker's place and do not give him his money back for a loan to pay for rent in an apartment.  Defense: he did it for Jesus!  Did you also drive his car without a license for Jesus?  Cretins.

Estranged Pot Head - That was a long winded story about why the dad (plaintiff) didn't care for his son (defendant).  Yes, the mother died and the son was an a-hole, but he was 20, which means it's a teachable moment.  It's hard for young people to deal with death and disease, some of them need to be taught.  But destroying the house he was renting from his father for a grow-op?  UNFORGIVABLE!

Turn Back Time - An odometer is turned back, Justice is served!  Brought to you by Carfax.

Edited by Toaster Strudel
  • Love 3

Toaster, I just want to thank you for your recaps. I have car pool duty this week and part of next and I've missed all but 4 or 5 minutes of the new JJs.

(edited out double message within the post. Sorry!)

Edited by Milz
  • Love 3

There was a rerun this morning where a woman was suing her father.  He had kicked her out of his house (she claimed because she got mad when he yelled at her for not sweeping his house even though he didn't own a broom).  One of the things she was suing him for was because she claimed he knocked over a table with her computer on it and "knocked off all of the software".  Um, whuh?

But the woman would NOT stop talking and JJ dismissed her case.

• Love 3

Unlicensed Eyelash Extensions - Aw go home, if you're on such a tight budget and extensions are a "treat" - it's still $100, give me a break.  Boohoo they were a bit crooked.  Fun to see Byrd pretending to know what Groupon is.

Two Schnooks Meet Jesus - Mom kicks out these two bums that are well into adulthood, and they move on to stay at some Christian sucker's place and do not give him his money back for a loan to pay for rent in an apartment.  Defense: he did it for Jesus!  Did you also drive his car without a license for Jesus?  Cretins.

Estranged Pot Head - That was a long winded story about why the dad (plaintiff) didn't care for his son (defendant).  Yes, the mother died and the son was an a-hole, but he was 20, which means it's a teachable moment.  It's hard for young people to deal with death and disease, some of them need to be taught.  But destroying the house he was renting from his father for a grow-op?  UNFORGIVABLE!

Turn Back Time - An odometer is turned back, Justice is served!  Brought to you by Carfax.

I thought we were in sweeps. These episodes sound boring as hell. Correct me if I'm wrong, Toaster.

• Love 2

Hey, teebax, we think alike!  I so appreciate our Brave Little Toaster sitting through the episodes for us, and the recaps are pure gold. Now if we could only get a "gavels up!" or "gavels down!" to help us decide whether to watch or not....  I may decide to go weed the garden or clean a toilet or something instead.

And JJ was absolutely on a "Case dismissed!" roll on this morning's repeats! People just would. not. shut. up!!  Wow.

• Love 3

Now if we could only get a "gavels up!" or "gavels down!" to help us decide whether to watch or not....  

I am in love with this idea. Toaster? Your thoughts? I already know if I see pit bull in a Toaster recap I can skip it. A gavels up or down would be awesome.

• Love 4

son was an a-hole, but he was 20, which means it's a teachable moment.  It's hard for young people to deal with death and disease, some of them need to be taught.

Yes, I was thinking the same thing. A 20 or 21 year old guy is not going to deal with his mother's slow death.It's just too traumatic. I think that's perfectly normal, and Dad should have cut him a break for that. However, now Sonny is a 27 year old douche, who lives in Daddy's house and destroys it so he can grow weed for his "condition". I"m with JJ and do not want to know why said douche needs all that weed. You're on your own Sonny-Boy.

Another Dirty Sanchez, although the dirt was the interior kind, and his big-mouthed stupid girlfriend, Delilah. Why are these two, great big, healthy hogs sponging? Why, because they can! First from Mommy, who wisely gave them the boot, and then from the hapless Caleb.

Caleb, darling, you seem like a very sweet guy. I know nothing about being a "Christian" but really, if you want to do good works, then drive cancer patients to chemo sessions, rescue homeless animals or be a Big Brother to a boy with no father. Does being a Christian mean you should let two hulking parasites who BOTH have jobs use and abuse you? I hope Caleb learned a valuable lesson and won't continue being a fool.

Eyelash lady? She needs a few things, but eyelashes should be at the bottom of that list.

• Love 5

yawn, JJ going off on another medical marijuana rant.  It gets old.  There is no point in anybody every going on her show if they're involved in medical marijuana, because she is prejudiced in advance, and will rule against them every single time.

• Love 3

You’re going to love this move…

At my hospital there is a 2 year waiting list for parking (offsite even). In 25 years I have never had on site parking and have to take a shuttle from my parking to my work.

Geez, that's pretty crummy that your employer has never improved that situation.  I always say They can't put patients first if they put staff last."  (Same goes for schools....they can't put students first if they put teachers last.)  You must have a very warm winter coat to get to work!

• Love 2

I didn't feel much sympathy for the asshole defendant son. He reminded me of my brother. While my mother doesn't have cancer, she was diagnosed with severe fibromyalgia, along with some other health issues, when I was 16 and my brother was 20. She had a talk with us, saying that because of her constant pain, she was going to need some more support and help around the house. Bro's response? "Ugh, get over it, everyone has aches and pains and bad days." He treated her like absolute shit. If my mom was dying and he pulled that shit, I wouldn't have been able to be held accountable for my actions.

As for the pot thing, I am as pro-pot as they come. Love the stuff, and it has done remarkable things for my health. I also think it should be legal across the board recreationally, just like alcohol. But the guy did go and completely destroy a bedroom to turn it into a grow house. Dad probably wouldn't have had an issue with an MMJ card and a plant here or there, but a remodel of a whole room for that entire purpose? Whole other ballpark from growing weed with a lamp in your closet.

• Love 7

When the father-son case began, I was feeling a tiny bit sympathetic for the son....I figured that he may have been an immature 20 when his mother was ailing, and he just dealt with it through avoidance.  The father said that he met a new "companion" right away, so I wondered if the son had hard feelings, or maybe the new companion was not nice to the son.  But no.  Once the story about the elaborate DIY home renovations was revealed, I wasn't feeling as bad for the son.  However, I still think it's unfortunate that he lost his mom through death, and he has lost his dad through both of their stubbornness and his own foolishness. I must say that JJ gave the elder Weingarten some good advice during the case.

JJ's Spoken Gem of the Day: HEY BUENO!

I hope tomorrow's episode lives up to today's teaser, in which a litigant, with bottom lip trembling emotionally, said, "I asked him, 'What did you say to my African Queen?"

• Love 3

Once the story about the elaborate DIY home renovations was revealed, I wasn't feeling as bad for the son.

Exactly. Had he been renting from a landlord, not his father, he'd have found he couldn't just shrug his shoulders and walk away from the huge mess he made, just because he wanted to.

....I figured that he may have been an immature 20 when his mother was ailing, and he just dealt with it through avoidance.

He had my sympathy for that part. 20 is very young to lose your mother, especially in such a horrible, drawn-out way and facing the facts can be nearly impossible. My brother was way older than that when our mother was dying, and he tried to avoid it. I was very angry at first that it was left to me, but then just realized some people can't take it. It didn't mean he didn't care.

I'm sure Weingarten Jr. cared too that he was losing his one and only mother, and his father should have known that and understood instead of turning his back on him.

• Love 3
Baby, I laid out in floor when they showed her name and said "Passed drug test" underneath. I was done!

I'm a few days behind on my DVR, so apologies, but I couldn't let this completely pass without comment. That caption was the highlight of a case/episode FULL of highlights. I fell straight out. Between that and the 72 year old crackhead, JJ damn near made me late for work today. Maybe I shouldn't watch sweeps episodes in the mornings as I get ready. Just fantastic.

• Love 5

When husband called insurance and told them he got sued they said don't respond, turn it over to them, that is what they were there for, with their own lawyers to protect the insured customer.  That guy wouldn't quit though. It went on for many years.

I think JJ thought that the plaintiff was trying to scam in the case we are talking about. I also got the impression that she was not on the up and up and probably didn't have insurance either.

That's exactly right.  They owe you a defense as I said in another post, and if you file an answer with wrong or incomplete information or not asserting the right defense under the law, the insurance company is pretty much stuck with that. 

I think this was one of those cases where JJ had read the filing documents and knew more than we did.  Plaintiff mugging for the camera and the fact that no one disputed that at the scene they decided to each pay their own damages and not report it leads me to believe that even though it was a rear ender, plaintiff did something incredibly stupid such as texting while driving or braking for no reason.  Maybe defendant could show skid marks showing she kept a proper distance, etc. In fact it takes quite a bit of evidence not to call a rear ender 100% at fault.

Often an insured doesn't want to report an accident because they've already had accidents but part of the contract is that you have to report them timely so she could jeopardize her right to a defense potentially. And it destroys the credibility of the insured.  If the insurance company gets a prompt report they can get usually get a statement from the other party up front and I can't stress how important that is to protect yourself.. 

• Love 1

Father suing son kinda lost my sympathy when he told JJ that after his wife's death he was "beyond grief" and, as a result, had to find a new "companion" ASAP. In my experience, it's always the men (especially older ones) who seem to need a new companion after their wife dies, more so if they were married for many years. My father-in-law had been married 50 years when his wife passed; about one year later he's "keeping company" with some new lady in his life. My Dad passed away in 2011, and Mom is still happily single (they'd been married 51 years). She theorizes that widowers remarry so quickly is because they don't like having to cook and clean and take care of themselves.

I know the Googly-Eyed Lady with the Bangs y'all are referring to in the audience; in fact, Mr. Ouisch (who only occasionally watches with me) pointed her out to me one day. "What the hell is up with that weird-looking broad?" he asked, with his usual flair for insightful character analysis.

Overall today's cases were a little meh; I'm looking forward to some intrigue with the African Princess case tomorrow.

• Love 3

I hope tomorrow's episode lives up to today's teaser, in which a litigant, with bottom lip trembling emotionally, said, "I asked him, 'What did you say to my African Queen?"

If this litigant's name is Charlie Allnut and his girlfriend's name is Rose Sayer.......I'm gonna have a stroke!

• Love 3

One of the best movie lines of all times:  "Mr. Allnut.  What is your name, Dear?"

Back to JJ.

I'll have another stroke if the reply to "What did you say to my African Queen?" is "The same thing you said to my Queen Louisa!"

• Love 2

In my experience, it's always the men (especially older ones) who seem to need a new companion after their wife dies, more so if they were married for many years.

What's that expression? "Women grieve and men replace?" I've seen it often enough to believe it.

Today's eps sound promising. Is it African Queen or African Princess? I do hope it's the former.

• Love 2
don't respond, turn it over to them, that is what they were there for, with their own lawyers to protect the insured customer.  That guy wouldn't quit though. It went on for many years.

and now we know who uses all those lawyers that advertise on JJ!

What's that expression? "Women grieve and men replace?" I've seen it often enough to believe it.

Oh yeah...both my father-in-law and my mother died on the same day (and even more special, they lived 1500 miles apart...fun week). Exactly 2 weeks after my mom's funeral, my dad calls to tell me he's getting remarried (he did get remarried, but to a different woman, and not until a year later, thank GOD). My MIL had absolutely no thought of seeking companionship, and died 4 years later, living alone. 

• Love 1

and now we know who uses all those lawyers that advertise on JJ!

Oh yeah...both my father-in-law and my mother died on the same day (and even more special, they lived 1500 miles apart...fun week). Exactly 2 weeks after my mom's funeral, my dad calls to tell me he's getting remarried (he did get remarried, but to a different woman, and not until a year later, thank GOD). My MIL had absolutely no thought of seeking companionship, and died 4 years later, living alone. 

My Busia was the opposite. Dziadzia died in March of 1988, and she remarried to a lovely man named Charlie three years later. Charlie, on the other hand, had been a widower since 1981. He was just waiting for the right little lady to come into his life, I guess.

Little Trashcan League - Whoa.  This one went from 0 to 100 in 1 second, and over nothing.  So some kid needed more pitching practice but mom had enough waiting in the bleachers for the whole fake "supportive mom" ordeal to be over.  Time to go home dammit, Timmy! The pugilistic defendant immediately started to run her mouth at the dude (coach?) because Timmy wasn't coming fast enough.  "You give your own kid extra practice!" It wasn't long that Miss Attitude fetched her boyfriend who looked absolutely delighted with the sweet, sweet memory of punching a middle aged couple in their faces, knocking one unconscious, and bashing the other into the ground, proudly recounting the blow-by-blow.  He truly savored the experience. 10/10 would beat these people up again if opportunity knocked. Three gavels, would give 4 if they had clued into enhancing the experience with the kid's baseball bats.  No jail time?  For shame.

$300? $350? $500? $850? SOLD! - This was funny because the plaintiff sent her BF off on vacation with her friend (she couldn't for child care issues) to watch over him, and the BF and his lady bodyguard fell in love.  To the plaintiff's credit she looked like she was genuinely over the loser.  Two gavels, because other than that, she was coldly suing the mistress over the plane tickets that she paid for.  She kept her dignity, good for her.

Who Will Take Care of YOU? - Serious question.  If you get a stroke and your only choice is one of these two litigants to take care of you, which one should it be?  Dibs on the defendant!  The guy was cool and funny and genuine and I totally believed him.  I'm not so sure about the plaintiff.  Three gavels for that moment when JJ asked "well who bashed the patient's skull in, then?" and the plaintiff shrugged, but the defendant pointed to the plaintiff with a huge smile and dramatic pointing motions.  I just loved that guy.  He can change my Depends and make me laugh.

Parvopup - JJ gets to preach about puppies.  The only entertaining thing was the plaintiff's drama "but he could have diiiied!" and the pointless lawsuit. One gavel.

• Love 8

$300? $350? $500? $850? SOLD! - This was funny because the plaintiff sent her BF off on vacation with her friend (she couldn't for child care issues) to watch over him, and the BF and his lady bodyguard fell in love.  To the plaintiff's credit she looked like she was genuinely over the loser.  Two gavels, because other than that, she was coldly suing the mistress over the plane tickets that she paid for.  She kept her dignity, good for her.

The most astonishing thing about this case was that JJ came thisclose to apologizing for speaking harshly to the boyfriend when he spoke out of turn. When she said, "I could have said that more nicely; you seem like a nice young man" (a nice young man who hooks up with his girlfriend's girlfriend, but whatever) I briefly wondered what show I was watching.

• Love 5

Well, shit.  That was depressing.

Nice to think about violent savages abusing patients who can't even tell who gave them a fractured skull and committed who knows what other atrocities upon them. I liked how def. said he wasn't going to report the first case of abuse he saw and at first said the patient fell, until he got the truth squeezed out of him. Is there no one looking out for the welfare of these unfortunate people? Very very scary anrd sad indeed.

Ms. Smith, the "African Princess" apparently doesn't take kindly to someone who "disrespeck me". Holy shit. It was slightly amusing how the defendants seemed quite proud of their barbaric behavior. Ms.Smith, your wig might be too tight.

Am I the only one who thought that "Etonia" looked like a working girl who came to court straight from her street corner? Both parties talked about "Spring Break." This doesn't mean they're in school, does it? I really hope not, since they not only murdered the English language, but mutilated it after death.

• Love 5

I was on a work call for most of the African Queen case, but I managed to hear her say, "I gave her a 1, 2, 3."  Obviously, the African Queen does not need to have her King fight for her honor.

In the next case, I was so distracted by Ms. Nelson's wide-set eyes and janky teeth, I just couldn't focus.  "Three-fithy"=350.  Why do people allow children to suck their thumbs into childhood (and older)???  It messes up their teeth, the roofs of their mouths, their speech....plus, it's dirty and gross.  {Can you tell that it's a pet peeve of mine?}  My next question: Who the hell sends their friend on a trip to share a hotel room with her boyfriend??

As a former SpEd educator, I tell you there is nothing more heartbreaking, disappointing, and frightening than the staff situation at group homes.  It seemed like Mr. Terry Green is one of the good guys.  His comment in the hallterview was a good one -- it take a certain type of person to have the job; if you aren't that person, get a different job.  Sadly, some people in those positions have a sick enjoyment of having power over people in need, and they manipulate and maltreat clients....that's when they're not sitting on their fat asses watching reruns of Cops instead of taking care of the medically fragile children in the house (true story).  I wish Mr. Green hadn't waffled on his reporting of the all of the situations (and reported to the correct person - the house manager, not the staff nurse), but the politics in those places can be intimidating...but sorry, when it comes to being abusive or negligent to children or people with disabilities, politics be damned, that's my philosophy.  Jatouras Simon pissed me off.  He got away with it, but he will have to answer to what he has done someday, for sure.

I was a bit iffy with the last case.  Why wasn't the girl's vet record of parvo and the other infection enough proof for JJ?  And JJ treated her like a stupid ass, really....sure, puppies rarely chow down in their new homes, but who's to say the lethargic dog didn't have an illness?  I hope breeder Arlene Chandler takes the show's appearance money and goes to the dentist.  Proof that we should all brush our teeth regularly and adopt, don't shop.

• Love 4

The most astonishing thing about this case was that JJ came thisclose to apologizing for speaking harshly to the boyfriend when he spoke out of turn.

That came second to her asking Burt if her glasses where one her head.

Then in the puppy case we get a visual of JJ laying on the floor begging a new puppy to eat the chicken she cooked for it.  'Been there, done that, made that mistake.'  What is that?  JJ made a mistake?  

This is a whole new JJ to new.

• Love 4

Both parties talked about "Spring Break." This doesn't mean they're in school, does it? I really hope not, since they not only murdered the English language, but mutilated it after death.

When I lived in Palm Beach County (Florida), there was an annual Spring Break of sorts that was put on by BET...I forget where exactly they had it, maybe Riviera Beach.  They called it Spring Bling, and it was reported to be a really popular event that drew people from around the country.  But it wasn't based on being a student and having the actual "spring break" in the college semester.  I think people just had to be either 18 or 21 and over to get a ticket.

• Love 1

I know the Googly-Eyed Lady with the Bangs y'all are referring to in the audience; in fact, Mr. Ouisch (who only occasionally watches with me) pointed her out to me one day. "What the hell is up with that weird-looking broad?" he asked, with his usual flair for insightful character analysis.

She was there again today, in the front row behind the Parvo Pup plaintiff (hooray for alliteration!).  I suspect her deal is that she's an actor, trying for a distinctive look.  She's achieved it.

• Love 2

I hope breeder Arlene Chandler takes the show's appearance money and goes to the dentist.  Proof that we should all brush our teeth regularly and adopt, don't shop.

No kidding? Those rotted looking sticks were just nasty. A better bra wouldn't have hurt either.

I don't really have a problem with someone making an informed purchase from a reputable breeder. However well Arlene means, a reputable, responsible breeder has a waiting list of buyers, is not cash-hungry and would NOT sell a puppy that's less than eight weeks old. The larger the breed, the longer it needs to stay with its mother. Twelve weeks would be the very minimum age for a Doberman.

Plaintiff seemed totally clueless and I can just picture her getting hysterical over the puppy refusing to eat, flapping around, making a big fuss and scaring it to death by shoving food at it, ensuring its further refusal to eat.

• Love 3

Did the defendant in the nonverbal adults case say that the plaintiff "has a reputation for abruising patients"?

She was there again today, in the front row behind the Parvo Pup plaintiff (hooray for alliteration!).  I suspect her deal is that she's an actor, trying for a distinctive look.  She's achieved it.

Is she the one who looks like Velma from Scooby-Doo?

• Love 4

Did the defendant in the nonverbal adults case say that the plaintiff "has a reputation for abruising patients"?

Yes. We've heard that before and concluded it's shorthand for "bruise" + "abuse" = Abruise.

I have to wonder what kind of education these health care workers are required to have.

• Love 2

I have to wonder what kind of education these health care workers are required to have.

The jobs that those litigants have require a high school diploma.  :(   I was in grad school with someone who managed multiple houses, so that position requires a Bachelor's degree, and her Master's was a nice-to-have in that position (and hopefully, it helped her get an even better position...she was a hard worker and had to put up with a lot of foolishness with staff).

Edited by CoolWhipLite
I was on a work call for most of the African Queen case, but I managed to hear her say, "I gave her a 1, 2, 3."  Obviously, the African Queen does not need to have her King fight for her honor.

I almost threw my remote at the TV. Fuck you and your damn "African Queen". Obviously she has a mouthpiece on her, and instead of running to tell her man she should've called the rest of the Autobots to Roll Out because I know that bitch was two seconds away from transforming into a goddamn Chrysler 300 or some shit. Grown ass woman running to tell low-budget Lil Scrappy to put them paws on 'em. 

• Love 8

I was a bit iffy with the last case.  Why wasn't the girl's vet record of parvo and the other infection enough proof for JJ?  And JJ treated her like a stupid ass, really....sure, puppies rarely chow down in their new homes, but who's to say the lethargic dog didn't have an illness? 

Because parvo kills. Granted, I am getting my info from Wikipedia, but its not an illness that a puppy gets and lives without a major vet bill and a lengthy stay at the animal hospital and even then the dog usually dies. And it's highly contagious so the other puppies not having it is incredibly suspicious and frankly suggests the dog got parvo (if it did get parvo, which I doubt) while with the plaintiff.

And JJ was treating her like a stupid ass because she was suing over a contract that clearly states what recourse she did and didn't have. The plaintiff was basically whining "I signed the contract and then THIS happened and that means the contract isn't really a contract, even though I agreed to the terms and it's NOT FAIR I am being held to being a grown up theoretically capable of signing a contract when I want to whine how it didn't end up the way I wanted!" Trust me - I deal with this shit every day.

• Love 5

The jobs that those litigants have require a high school diploma.

I am just, well, speechless.  Seriously disabled and defenseless people are at the mercy of any just old person without intensive training, degrees of any kind or even a psych test to see if they're suitable for such a job? We saw the result of that today with the brutal assault on the patient, about which no one seemed to give a shit. Maybe assault isn't seen as too serious if the victim can't talk.  Vet techs have way more credentials. This is simply horrific and really disgusting.

"I signed the contract and then THIS happened and that means the contract isn't really a contract, even though I agreed to the terms and it's NOT FAIR I am being held to being a grown up theoretically capable of signing a contract

So many people seem to think contracts don't apply to THEM, if they change their minds or decide later that the contract isn't FAAAIIIIR!

We see that constantly with fools who buy 15 year old cars on CL, then want their money back when something goes wrong with it. "I trusted him!" they wail, making themselves look even more idiotic.

• Love 3

I am just, well, speechless.  Seriously disabled and defenseless people are at the mercy of any just old person without intensive training, degrees of any kind or even a psych test to see if they're suitable for such a job? We saw the result of that today with the brutal assault on the patient, about which no one seemed to give a shit. Maybe assault isn't seen as too serious if the victim can't talk.  Vet techs have way more credentials. This is simply horrific and really disgusting.

I am so very happy I missed this episode.

• Love 1

They get on-the-job training.  Some of the privately funded places prefer people with prior training (like a 2-year certificate, or training from one of the med tech schools that advertise during the day).  I've seen some staff members be very caring and compassionate and see their job as more of a "vocation" than just a paycheck.  They are a blessing.  And then I want to kick the asses of people like Mr. Simon.  But a call to DCF can get rid of problems like Mr. Simon, which is what Mr. Green should have done, especially if he's a mandated reporter in his position.