Type keyword(s) to search

All Episodes Talk: All Rise

Message added by Meredith Quill

Community Manager Note

Official notice that the topic of Sean DeMarco is off limits. If you have 1-on-1 thoughts to complete please take it to PM with each other.

If you have questions, contact the forum moderator @PrincessPurrsALot.  Do not discuss this limit to this discussion in here. Doing so will result in a warning. 

• Start Topic

But... but JJ asked her trusty tech aide, Byrd, about the e-signatures. He didn't know and neither do I. I didn't know last time this aired, and still don't. I just looked it up:

An electronic signature, or e-signature, refers to data in electronic form, which is logically associated with other data in electronic form and which is used by the signatory to sign.[1][2][3] This type of signature provides the same legal standing as a handwritten signature as long as it adheres to the requirements of the specific regulation it was created under (e.g., eIDAS in the European Union, NIST-DSS in the USA or ZertES in Switzerland).[4][5]

Nope. Still don't know.:( At any rate, the girl had only blank leases to show. Telling JJ there was a document with E-signature is not evidence. The sperm donor she calls her father? Parents who rip their kids off deserve a special and painful punishment.

Speaking of Byrd, I bet he wanted to announce, "NO relation!" in reference to the rather dumb Byrd plaintiff, who feels everyone should be responsible for and take care of his stuff and who kept insisting things were in the lease ("It says I'm not allowed to change the locks") and then conceding, "I guess it's not there."  His declaration that "All the tenants have the keys to all the units" also fizzled out to "I heard about it somewhere." Did he change his lock after hearing about that? He did not. Did he get insurance? Well, no. His agent refused to give him any. In the hall he does say, "I should have had insurance" but still insists the owner of the building should be responsible for paying for his stuff.

Oh, that reminds me - I heard a new excuse for not having insurance a week or so ago. Instead of saying, "I was working on it" or whatever BS, someone said, "I was building up to getting insurance."

I have no idea what that means, but I really liked that one.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, AngelaHunter said:

Oh, that reminds me - I heard a new excuse for not having insurance a week or so ago. Instead of saying, "I was working on it" or whatever BS, someone said, "I was building up to getting insurance."

We're probably trying to make more out of this than is required.  Perhaps this individual is too weak, too fraught with life experiences to obtain proper veHICKle insurance.  So, this individual is building up (physically as well as mentally) to take on the task of deciding which call to make - will it be Flo?  Or the General?

Life is hard people. 

1 hour ago, bad things are bad said:

I was building up to the process of proceeding to acquiring insurance. It had just lasped (sic) THAT VERY DAY

And I just bet THE VERY DAY your insurance "had lapped" you were proceeding to the broker's office to pay your premium with the pocketful of crumpled up dollars you had built up when the accident happened, right? We all believe you, even though you have no license it's okay because you only use your car for emergencies, like getting your nails done!

49 minutes ago, PsychoKlown said:

Life is hard people.

And cruel. Don't forget cruel. Our litigants have the worst luck evah!

• Love 3
19 hours ago, configdotsys said:

I have found-- to my sadness-- that I don't enjoy the show anymore. I used to watch her episodes in the evening after the 4 pm shows recorded and then watch more on You Tube because it was so entertaining. It took a long time, but I just don't look forward to it anymore. I still record it but delete any show with hurt animals and leave the rest to linger until I feel like watching and even then I'm only half watching, or cleaning or whatever. At least i still have some keepers from years gone by that I watch now and again. I'd be so happy if they re-aired the cheeseballs and the VFW ladies and a few others. I wish they'd release her shows on DVDs by season. I'd buy a ton of the early seasons on disk in a heartbeat.

She has 2 DVD's out.  I have both.  Full of early cases.  They came out years ago, and my husband got them for me for my birthday.

4 hours ago, AngelaHunter said:

But... but JJ asked her trusty tech aide, Byrd, about the e-signatures. He didn't know and neither do I. I didn't know last time this aired, and still don't. I just looked it up:

Nope. Still don't know.:( At any rate, the girl had only blank leases to show. Telling JJ there was a document with E-signature is not evidence. The sperm donor she calls her father? Parents who rip their kids off deserve a special and painful punishment.

Speaking of Byrd, I bet he wanted to announce, "NO relation!" in reference to the rather dumb Byrd plaintiff, who feels everyone should be responsible for and take care of his stuff and who kept insisting things were in the lease ("It says I'm not allowed to change the locks") and then conceding, "I guess it's not there."  His declaration that "All the tenants have the keys to all the units" also fizzled out to "I heard about it somewhere." Did he change his lock after hearing about that? He did not. Did he get insurance? Well, no. His agent refused to give him any. In the hall he does say, "I should have had insurance" but still insists the owner of the building should be responsible for paying for his stuff.

I use E-Signatures every day at my job.  They're not hard.  You're e-mailed a document through any number of programs available.  When I send them out, I flag areas that need attention (signature, date, job title, etc).  The person who receives them uses the same software (they get access to it for free) to fill in the blanks - it actually shows up like those little tape flags do on paper documents.  They can choose from a number of pre-done handwriting sets, or they can scan in their real signature.  It's legally binding, and makes it easy for me to access a whole country full of people, and allow them to handle their paperwork without needing a printer and fax machine (or scanner).

• Love 5
1 hour ago, funky-rat said:

She has 2 DVD's out.  I have both.  Full of early cases.  They came out years ago, and my husband got them for me for my birthday.

I use E-Signatures every day at my job.  They're not hard.  You're e-mailed a document through any number of programs available.  When I send them out, I flag areas that need attention (signature, date, job title, etc).  The person who receives them uses the same software (they get access to it for free) to fill in the blanks - it actually shows up like those little tape flags do on paper documents.  They can choose from a number of pre-done handwriting sets, or they can scan in their real signature.  It's legally binding, and makes it easy for me to access a whole country full of people, and allow them to handle their paperwork without needing a printer and fax machine (or scanner).

That's good to know; thanks for the info!

• Love 2
5 hours ago, AngelaHunter said:

I electronically sign my lease every year. I just have to enter 4 digits of my social security number, then click the areas of the document I need to sign. Then, my name gets entered. It would be very easy for a parent to use this information to commit identity theft in this way. I believe the father did this. It's just a shame the daughter didn't know how to get evidence. She should probably sue the property company for damaging her credit report with no evidence that she actually owes anything because they can't produce a signed lease.

• Love 5

Oh my gosh yes! I should have known that, I love Parking Wars!  I remember her now.

PARKING WARS!!!!  Isn't that the episode where the lady (was she a dwarf? Was that the one?) took off in her ve-hik-kil with the boot attached, tearing the holy hell out of her wheel well? They are running PW reruns on FYI network on Sat nights and it's another of my guilty pleasures. 

Dwarmed, I know it's hard to believe, but a lot of people don't follow current technology at all. My co-worker is in her late 50s and just got a cell phone (that her son bought) and couldn't figure  out how to text message. I texted her the other day because I was sick and wasn't coming to work and she never even looked at the phone. 

My daughter just signed a lease yesterday via e-signature. The realtor was actually boasting that his business was all run electronically (rent is paid via a server) which I'm guessing is a big deal in the Midwest where they are moving. And I just electronically signed a homeowner's insurance policy last month. 

• Love 3
2 hours ago, funky-rat said:

I use E-Signatures every day at my job.  They're not hard. 

I'm not saying it's hard. Just saying there are people like me who have never used this and don't know what it is. I'm up on a lot of other technology, but just not this one. I'm a dinosaur! It happens!:)

16 minutes ago, ItsHelloPattiagain said:

Isn't that the episode where the lady (was she a dwarf? Was that the one?) took off in her ve-hik-kil with the boot attached,

I'm always amazed at people who fight with the cops when they're stopped in their car, or in this case (I've never watched this show) try to physically stop someone from booting their car. Do they really think that screaming and spitting at police officers or shoving a person who is repossessing their cars or booting them will work? That the cops might say, "Oh. Okay. You object to what we're doing. You're free to go."? Like, what is the deal with these morons? The last time a cop stopped me for going through a stop sign (that was new and hidden by tree branches) I said, "Yes, m'am. No, m'am. Thank you, m'am." and nothing more. I didn't jump out of my vee-hickle and start trying to fight her. For some reason I never thought that might help me avoid a ticket and in fact my politeness saved me about 200$.

• Love 2
(edited)
3 hours ago, funky-rat said:

I saw a bunch of eps from those DVDs on YouTube a while back. One of the disks is well over $100. now because it's rare and out of print.

1 hour ago, ItsHelloPattiagain said:

PARKING WARS!!!!  Isn't that the episode where the lady (was she a dwarf? Was that the one?) took off in her ve-hik-kil with the boot attached, tearing the holy hell out of her wheel well? They are running PW reruns on FYI network on Sat nights and it's another of my guilty pleasures. 

Yes! And she was yelling, "Get my keys, Oveda!" I wish they would replay the Lost Pilot episode. That is the one in which the boot above was taken from. Fun fact: Richie B, the PEO with the gelled hair's father was driving a tow truck in that Lost Pilot. That pilot was filmed 10 years before PW was made into a show and put on TV.

Edited by configdotsys
  • Love 2

OMG OMG. The two "ishas" in the road rage case? I don't know if def. isha was as stupid as plaintiff isha, but plaintiff was so spectacularly stupid and thick that def didn't have to say a word. "She backed into me! I got 1300$ from insurance and spent it but didn't take my car to have it fixed for five months! There was more damage (of course we're sure she had no other accidents in the meantime because she goes to church and would never try to pull a scam) so def should pay me more money because that must be her fault too! I was communicating with my mechanic for five months! We were texting! Def had a baby in her car and I was coming from CHURCH. Doesn't that matter?? Wait!  Look at my texts with my communications with the mechanic!!!"

Yes, isha! Def should pay you more money because you're a church-goer! Methinks your braids are too tight. Loosen them up. Maybe you'll be able to think. Hmm. Probably not. My head hurts.

• Love 4
On 7/5/2018 at 4:47 PM, QQQQ said:

It's been awhile since I've watched JJ on a regular  basis, but I can see a marked decline in her ability to ask the parties cohesive questions and follow their responses. Granted, most of these people are nitwits but it's like JJ is intentionally trying to misunderstand what they are telling her. 

I’ve used Esignatures on my tax returns for several years. 

• Love 2
11 hours ago, stewedsquash said:

If she had taken the car to the body shop and had the insurance adjuster meet there, the adjuster and body shop person would have gone over the damage and she would have probably gotten the correct amount at the start.

She didn't go to the body shop because she didn't have to -  she was in constant communication with the mechanic!! Isn't that enough? And she's pious! Don't you understand that? Shouldn't that mean I win my case? What's wrong with you people? LOOK AT MY TEXTS! And I bet she didn't even bother looking up "nexus" when she got home.

11 hours ago, stewedsquash said:

I hated the Paris case.

Hate x 2. Mommy with the Woody Woodpecker 'do really needs to cut back on the "Marbrets" at least to maybe three packs a day. "Mellow" (damned near comatose)boy gets student loans and a Pell grant, drops out of school and spends it all on a trip to Paris (why not? Taxpayer funded trip! Whoo hoo!) with his strangely worn out looking 18-year old girlfriend but the thing is, he gets these grants and says things like, "Me and her went... " and "I seen" and "they seen." School has not done well by him so far. Maybe it will in the future.

• Love 6
4 hours ago, AngelaHunter said:

And I bet she didn't even bother looking up "nexus" when she got home.

I bought a 2003 Nexus from my cousin's baby daddy's hairdresser's friend's car lot cos they would let me pay weekly. But that car needed dem big tires and new shiny rims (which I rented from Big Wheelzzz around the corner from the lot) and then it stopped running two weeks later. I needed a PMV valve (or a PAV valve or some kinda thingie like that) so it would pass inspection but when I conversated with the mechanic he said the car was running again. Now five months later it needs work!!! It only has 180,000 miles on it, but the guy said his granny drove it to the Piggly Wiggly once a week and to church on Sunday!!

• Love 9
(edited)
5 hours ago, ItsHelloPattiagain said:

(which I rented from Big Wheelzzz around the corner from the lot)

There's your big mistake. You should "rent to own" big ass wheels!

5 hours ago, ItsHelloPattiagain said:

It only has 180,000 miles on it,

You should definitely get your money back. I know you never had a mechanic check it out before you bought it for cash with no receipt, but the car is only 15 years old and nothing should go wrong with it. Must be someone else's fault.

Edited by AngelaHunter
Sorry, really drunk. Had dinner guests, drank too much wine but no one became to tussling or smashed out my windshield so it was a good night!
  • Love 7
On 7/10/2018 at 1:39 PM, ItsHelloPattiagain said:

Dwarmed, I know it's hard to believe, but a lot of people don't follow current technology at all

I have no problem with that, in general. But if someone is in the position to judge facts and make a binding decision, that person needs to do the necessary research to understand those facts or refuse the case due to their inability to understand it. Instead, JJ just dismisses any facts she can’t understand, as if they’re irrelevant or made up, and makes decisions anyway. Then, she treats the litigants as if they’re bothersome grandkids who woke nana up from her nap. She’s getting paid more than any judge on earth and loves to talk about how many years of schooling went into preparing for that job, yet she can’t be bothered to even pretend to do that job anymore. She has a staff that she could use to do that research and explain things to her. She has producers that could skip cases based on current tech. I’m all for her dismisssing litigants’ ridiculous lies, but not dismissing basic facts because she ‘doesn’t use that machine.’ She just ends up looking like a moron. 

In fact, it’s not just the tech cases anymore, but anything case that’s a bit complicated. I think she totally screwed up on a dog case today. The breeder was supposed to get breeding/showing rights to a dog in exchange for not charging a purchase price. Then, the guy who got the dog decided to breach that agreement. JJ made him pay the purchase price of $2100, but not the $3200 surgery bill for the dog. I assume the breeder only paid that money in reliance on the contract they had for her to breed/show the dog. She certainly wouldn’t have paid vet bills for a puppy she had sold and had no claim to. Ultimately, it cost the breeder $1100 to give this guy a dog. JJ just dismissed it with her usual ‘I don’t care’ because the surgery happened years ago. She didn’t look at the big picture of how those expenses were tied to their agreement. It seems like her mental capacity is waning and she can only handle very simplified cases. I’m sure nobody in the production company wants to ruin this cash cow by admitting that. I wonder if we’ll get to the point where she just looks confused and annoyed at every case before dismissing it and walking off the bench. We’ll get half a dozen cases per episode that way!

• Love 7

Sorry to serial post, but just watched Perryman vs. Herzenstein and I am confused. Ms. Perryman, who is pretty, polite, well-spoken and put together, rents her house out to Noah Herzenstein (who pays no rent), who is a fugly, dirty-looking, whiny, pansy-assed, revolting, blobby little loser AND lets him use her car, on which he racks up tickets (which he never paid) to the point of the car being towed.

JJ asks Ms. Perryman, "Were you two dating?" MsP: "No." I think I might have screamed, "Are you fucking kidding? Ewww!" But yet she  - who has FIVE children - did everything in her power to help out this palllid slug. I have no idea why. Of course Herzenstein thinks other people (like a mother of 5) should be totally invested in his welfare and let him live for free in her house. She knew his situation (that he's an utter loser) so of course he should live for free. I think the slime was oozing out of my screen in this case. Oh, he also destroyed her house with his parties. Believe it or not, there are WOMEN who find Herzenstein a hot number and want to be with him. Really! We didn't get the pleasure of seeing any of these sadsack women, but I can just visualize them. Bwahahahaha! Women who want Herzenstein! Can you imagine? 5K for the plaintiff. "Do you know how much MONEY that is?" squeaks Herzenstein as JJ leaves the bench. Poor little loser, appeared here and made an utter fool of himself for nada, zilch, zero. But he still thinks he's cute.

Just must add that, "He/she knew my situation" is now the primo excuse for shafting everyone from friends to landlords to car dealers. Of course, you narcissistic, dumbass little millennials - your "situation" takes precedence over any contract or agreement to pay your debts. The world is your mommy.

• Love 8

@AngelaHunter I was thinking the same thing about this loser... WHY? I don’t get it. I think he got exactly what he wanted, totally undeserved attention on national tv. He was posing so hard I thought he would sprain something. Yuck. 

• Love 7
18 hours ago, ItsHelloPattiagain said:

I bought a 2003 Nexus from my cousin's baby daddy's hairdresser's friend's car lot cos they would let me pay weekly. But that car needed dem big tires and new shiny rims (which I rented from Big Wheelzzz around the corner from the lot) and then it stopped running two weeks later. I needed a PMV valve (or a PAV valve or some kinda thingie like that) so it would pass inspection but when I conversated with the mechanic he said the car was running again. Now five months later it needs work!!! It only has 180,000 miles on it, but the guy said his granny drove it to the Piggly Wiggly once a week and to church on Sunday!!

13 hours ago, AngelaHunter said:

You should definitely get your money back. I know you never had a mechanic check it out before you bought it for cash with no receipt, but the car is only 15 years old and nothing should go wrong with it. Must be someone else's fault.

My late in-laws had horrible credit.  When I first started dating my husband, they were getting their cars from a place called "Credit Car".  The kind of place where for only $999 down and 4 years of $99 WEEKLY payments you too can own a 1975 Ford LTD with 200,000 miles! (this was early 90's).  They would have the cars for a few months and then they would break down or have mechanical issues, and they'd drop them back on their lot, feeling they didn't have to do anything because they were paying on the cars.  Credit Car would continue to give them cars (because 4 or 5 months of payments paid the value of the junkers several times over), but the one horrible boat of an old clunker they had broke down in front of their house.  Not wanting to pay for a towing bill, they called Credit Car and told them to come get it.  They didn't.  The car sat, and was ticketed a number of times, and finally towed by the city, and impounded.  My late in-laws refused to pay the fines, stating Credit Car should pay them for failure to come get their junker.  They were threatened with jail, and had to work their fines off doing community service because they couldn't afford them - especially after they tripled for letting them go so long.  Then Credit Car came after them for not returning the car.  It all could have been solved with a $30 tow, but you could never tell them that.  It was always someone else's fault - not theirs.

On ‎7‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 5:03 PM, AngelaHunter said:

I'm not saying it's hard. Just saying there are people like me who have never used this and don't know what it is. I'm up on a lot of other technology, but just not this one. I'm a dinosaur! It happens!:)

I wasn't implying you were a dinosaur, but then again, you're not running a court show where you should have this knowledge because it's a legally binding signature.  ; )

• Love 4
5 minutes ago, funky-rat said:

I wasn't implying you were a dinosaur, but then again, you're not running a court show where you should have this knowledge because it's a legally binding signature.  ; )

I wuz just funnin', (No, I'm not. I AM a dino!) but in order to use the legally binding e-sig (or anything really) in court to win a case, the litigant needs to have some proof that it exists. JJ didn't look at the physical evidence and say, "I don't understand it so I'm throwing it out." She really wanted to help the girl, but it was impossible when she brought not a shred of evidence and her loving daddy denied everything. That was the problem, not the lack of knowledge about what e-sigs are.

• Love 2
5 hours ago, AngelaHunter said:

That was the problem, not the lack of knowledge about what e-sigs are.

It was both. A printout with an esignature would just show her name printed on the form, not handwriting. It wouldn’t prove who actually ‘signed’ it. That’s what makes esignatures so great for identity theft. I’m not sure what evidence the plaintiff could produce to prove her case, unless she could get witness testimony from the apartment complex about who they met with. It’s true, JJ couldn’t help the plaintiff because she had no evidence. However, if JJ understood the technology better, she might be able to give better advice on what evidence was needed, rather than acting like the plaintiff made up the idea of an esignature. 

• Love 1
(edited)
56 minutes ago, dwarmed said:

However, if JJ understood the technology better, she might be able to give better advice on what evidence was needed, rather than acting like the plaintiff made up the idea of an esignature. 

A better understanding of the technology is of no help, unless the plaintiff has evidence. It's up to them to provide evidence. JJ dismissed  the case without prejudice so plaintiff COULD get whatever proof she needed. She told plaintiff to get the evidence and that's the best she could do. IMO (and I could be wrong as I often am) no judge is going to school a plaintiff on what requirements are necessary. That's what lawyers are paid to do and what the person bringing the suit is obliged to do. A judge can only go by what is or is not in front of them.

Edited by AngelaHunter
  • Love 4

It certainly isn't a judge's obligation, but JJ often takes upon herself to school plaintiffs on what evidence is required. Almost every day, in fact. I just wish she would take it upon herself to be more informed. I dread the day when she ends up sounding about as intelligent as her litigants.

• Love 2
16 hours ago, dwarmed said:

It was both. A printout with an esignature would just show her name printed on the form, not handwriting. It wouldn’t prove who actually ‘signed’ it. That’s what makes esignatures so great for identity theft. I’m not sure what evidence the plaintiff could produce to prove her case, unless she could get witness testimony from the apartment complex about who they met with. It’s true, JJ couldn’t help the plaintiff because she had no evidence. However, if JJ understood the technology better, she might be able to give better advice on what evidence was needed, rather than acting like the plaintiff made up the idea of an esignature. 

I just changed my insurance company last spring, and did it all online with my broker. He had an e-signature system that I did have to sign and initial the documents, by using my computer mouse to sign my name. (If I were on a tablet I suppose I could have used a stylus/my finger to do the signing too). I discovered my sig made with a mouse still looks surprisingly like my handwritten sig. 

So yeah, just because it's an e-sig doesn't mean it is type written; I think as the systems modernize (and tablets are becoming more common), e-sigs with actual sigs are becoming more common. 

• Love 2

Didn't see any comments about the keyed truck but good grief, a 19 year old that doesn't know what "exclusive" or "subsequent" means is truly sad. It reminded me of that case with Shamada and I can't remember her name in a hotel room where the TV got broken and supposedly she didn't want to go watch a game with wet hair. He said she went through his phone and found pictures of some other girl. At the beginning, JJ asked if they were in an exclusive relationship and both said yes. Then later the gal said they were never boyfriend/girlfriend and was unable to articulate what they were.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Taeolas said:

I just changed my insurance company last spring, and did it all online with my broker. He had an e-signature system that I did have to sign and initial the documents, by using my computer mouse to sign my name. (If I were on a tablet I suppose I could have used a stylus/my finger to do the signing too). I discovered my sig made with a mouse still looks surprisingly like my handwritten sig. 

So yeah, just because it's an e-sig doesn't mean it is type written; I think as the systems modernize (and tablets are becoming more common), e-sigs with actual sigs are becoming more common. 

The e-signature software we use allows you to choose from a set of pre-done handwriting styles, or you can scan in your actual signature to the software.  Most people choose from the pre-done - one that most closely resembles their handwriting, but I do get some that scan it in.

1 hour ago, configdotsys said:

good grief, a 19 year old that doesn't know what "exclusive" or "subsequent" means is truly sad.

You think that's sad? I remember JJ taking about five minutes to explain to a college student what "a couple"(of things) means. He thought it was any number between 2 and 20. Now that's sad.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, configdotsys said:

It reminded me of that case with Shamada and I can't remember her name in a hotel room where the TV got broken and supposedly she didn't want to go watch a game with wet hair. He said she went through his phone and found pictures of some other girl. At the beginning, JJ asked if they were in an exclusive relationship and both said yes. Then later the gal said they were never boyfriend/girlfriend and was unable to articulate what they were

Her hair was wet? Hmmm.  Were these the two who only "talked" and "showered" together, but weren't, you know .....?   Of course, this could also apply to about a third of the cases we see here.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, SandyToes said:

Her hair was wet? Hmmm.  Were these the two who only "talked" and "showered" together, but weren't, you know .....?

... "Dating"? Why, no. Just because you stay with someone, sleep with them and shower with them, no one should assume it means you're dating! It hasn't gotten that far yet.

• Love 5
32 minutes ago, AngelaHunter said:

... "Dating"? Why, no. Just because you stay with someone, sleep with them and shower with them, no one should assume it means you're dating! It hasn't gotten that far yet.

You forgot "talking" to someone, which I assume means pretty much anything but talking.

• Love 3

There's your big mistake. You should "rent to own" big ass wheels!

As unbelievable as it sounds, there was a place that had "rent" and "rent-to-own" rims near one of my old workplaces. I worked in an office in a several story outside building and could look out and see guys pulling up in hoopties of the most unfortunate hooptified kind trying to acquire rims for their vee-hickles. One guy had an old cop car painted some kind of ghastly iridescent greenish/yellowish color (think that weird color of an oil slick on water on the street, or possibly that greenish tinge of old lunch meat) with rims fit for a monster truck and a big ass speaker in the trunk. I could feel my fillings jangle when he would pull up blaring some kind of heavy bass-filled music. 

"Dating"? Why, no. Just because you stay with someone, sleep with them and shower with them, no one should assume it means you're dating! It hasn't gotten that far yet.

Depends if you're "talking" or "friends with benefits". Or "hooking up". Or whatever. The majority of the time the chicks think they got they hooks in dat man, when the dude is thinking he's got free hookups as long as he looks cute. The worst is seeing those ex-cons on JJ with two women fighting over them. I just wanna shake them and say "what is WRONG with you?" 

• Love 3
(edited)
4 hours ago, SandyToes said:

Her hair was wet? Hmmm.  Were these the two who only "talked" and "showered" together, but weren't, you know .....?   Of course, this could also apply to about a third of the cases we see here.

They went to a hotel for the weekend because it was the guy's birthday. She said they showered together but he said they did not and that while he was in the shower, she went through this phone and saw the message. The woman texted a picture and "Happy Birthday, my boo." And he wrote back, "Thanks, I love you." And she replied, "I love you to, baby." JJ said that would get her angry. The gal insisted she never went through his phone and he broke the TV by hitting it three times with a Honey Jack Daniels bottle. And besides they weren't boyfriend and girlfriend so why would she be made about someone else texting him. The guy said she threw the JD bottle at him in a rage after seeing that stuff on the phone, he ducked and it hit the TV. The dude was incredibly calm. 

19 minutes ago, ItsHelloPattiagain said:

One guy had an old cop car painted some kind of ghastly iridescent greenish/yellowish color (think that weird color of an oil slick on water on the street, or possibly that greenish tinge of old lunch meat) with rims fit for a monster truck and a big ass speaker in the trunk. I could feel my fillings jangle when he would pull up blaring some kind of heavy bass-filled music. 

I'm on a Parking Wars kick in my mind it seems. This reminded me of the guy who had to go through all kinds of hell to get his car back and he just kept talking about the rims. When he finally got the car back, he said, "They ain't gettin' these 22s!"

LOL @ fillings jangling. Mine jangled just reading that.

Edited by configdotsys
made sense out of no sense
  • Love 2

Depends if you're "talking" or "friends with benefits". Or "hooking up". Or whatever.

There is also "boo'd up" which may or may not mean the relationship has progressed to a point beyond "talking."

56 minutes ago, configdotsys said:

And he wrote back, "Thanks, I love you." And she replied, "I love you to, baby." JJ said that would get her angry. The gal insisted she never went through his phone and he broke the TV by hitting it three times with a Honey Jack Daniels bottle.

Three times? Are we sure it wasn't two or four? I envy you your accurate recollections of such moments in time.

• Love 2
16 hours ago, configdotsys said:

The gal insisted she never went through his phone and he broke the TV by hitting it three times with a Honey Jack Daniels bottle.

Honey Jack Daniels? 

That must have been some celebration...I'm keeping the Honey Jack for our 20th anniversary.

(edited)
2 hours ago, PsychoKlown said:

Honey Jack Daniels? 

That must have been some celebration...I'm keeping the Honey Jack for our 20th anniversary.

Ha. And after the first time she said it, she referred to it every other time as a "beverage bottle." 

Edited by configdotsys
  • Love 1
(edited)

"Grey Gardens" suing Veal, for rent and a stolen tablet. Def, her husband and three kids found themselves homeless and plaintiffs took them in. Def decided that although her entire family had no home and no money what she really needed was an expensive tablet, which idiotic plantiff agreed to buy for her. Of course def and her husband were never expected to pay a dime in rent because other people should support the whole gang and apparently Veal's SSI check -with which she promised to pay the modest sum of 200$/mnt in rent never arrived, but they did buy their own food - McDonald's, Burger King and other assorted fast food crap - but plaintiff says she bought no food for anyone else. Veal loses and in the hall righteously declares, "Never again!" She must mean that never again will she and her brood parasitize people who are exceeding generous or exceedingly dumb. Whatever.

Edited by AngelaHunter
  • Love 3

I'm on a Parking Wars kick in my mind it seems. This reminded me of the guy who had to go through all kinds of hell to get his car back and he just kept talking about the rims. When he finally got the car back, he said, "They ain't gettin' these 22s!"

Configdotsys I am as well. I have been watching those Parking Wars reruns religiously the last few months. What I love is when the rims cost more than the cars. 

20 hours ago, AngelaHunter said:

"Grey Gardens" suing Veal, for rent and a stolen tablet.

I'm crying with laughter right now. "Grey Gardens" is one of my favorite documentaries (and movies). I sent my daughter the meme of Little Edie (the real Little Edie, not Drew) dancing around with her head wrap and teensy American flags for 4th of July. 

On 7/13/2018 at 6:21 PM, AngelaHunter said:

There is also "boo'd up" which may or may not mean the relationship has progressed to a point beyond "talking."

Boo'd up? That's a new one! I will have to find some way to work that into conversation with my grown daughters. Sometimes I just use scatological language just to watch their faces. Once I texted one of them "true dat" and  I thought they would not be able to stop laughing. Now, get me my liniment and rub that sore spot on my back, will ya? 

• Love 5

Boo'd up? That's a new one!

You're not paying attention. One gentleman used that phrase to convey to JJ that although he and the young lady in question may have had an intimate if sporadic relationship, it was not a serious nor an exclusive one and in summation stated, "We wasn't boo'd up." That says it all for me.

"Grey Gardens" is one of my favorite documentaries (and movies).

I saw that by accident  about 16 years ago, at a rather distressing time in my life and sat, transfixed, and watched the whole thing. Haven't seen it since, and do not wish to do so. Like... whoa!

I didn't mean to disparage the plaintiffs in this case, since I believed every word they said about the parasitic Veal, who thought they would be easy to take advantage of and to lie her way out of paying them but Grey Gardens aren't to be messed with!

• Love 2
15 hours ago, ItsHelloPattiagain said:

Boo'd up? That's a new one! I will have to find some way to work that into conversation with my grown daughters. Sometimes I just use scatological language just to watch their faces. Once I texted one of them "true dat" and  I thought they would not be able to stop laughing. Now, get me my liniment and rub that sore spot on my back, will ya? 

There are actually two recent R&B songs. Anthony David's "Booed Up" and Ella Mai's "Boo'd Up." I like Ella's song a lot better. I'm a huge R&B fan.

• Love 1

Gee, I never saw the case of "Uhura" (I guess her mother was a big fan of Star Trek: TOS but didn't realize that "Uhura" was the character's last name) Davis and her son Jycari who at first I thought was Uhura's husband since they looked the same age, suing the slippery, weasel-like defendant, Albert, over a 10-year old GTO. Probably missed it the first time due to the mass shooting of that week, or maybe it was raining or snowing and the show got pre-empted for an extended weather report. Not really interesting, other than the names.

I did get a chuckle from the repeat of the Purple Mattress-loving, health-minded, High-End Juice Squeezer who lives in a 'residence', he says, but really he lives at home with his siblings (plural meaning one brother) and Mama or whatever. His conniving g/f got him to buy her stuff, including a car and the Purple thing (he had to squeeze a lot of lemons to buy that) before she dumped him. No wonder the audience was in hysterics. Mr. Juice's profound and insightful summation of the ill-fated love affair, in the hall: "We had our differences. She's a little more... um... ah... different than I am."

• Love 2
3 hours ago, AngelaHunter said:

We had our differences. She's a little more... um... ah... different than I am."

Even better, I think he kept saying, "We always had our indifferences." I think she was more indifferent than he was... after she got what she could out of him.

• Love 4

JJ said she never spoke to her husband about mattresses.  Sometimes you hear stuff like that and you realize how out of touch she can be and how judgemental she is about others who don't do as she does.  She asked Byrd if he ever talked to his wife about mattresses and he went off script and said yes.  Whatever points she was trying to make were effectively nullified.  I can't speak for anyone else but I've often spoken to people about mattresses and never found anything weird about it but I do think it's weird if a married woman says she never spoke to her husband about it.

• Love 2

JJ friends, I am in London on vacation and turned on the Telly today to discover a darling version of JJ. And he (the judge) keeps his precious doggie in his chambers just like JJ does. He is truly a kinder, gentler version of JJ. I will take my further discussion of Judge Rinder to Small Talk, complete with pics!!! my iPad is slow with pics so give me a few moments to post over there.

• Love 7
2 hours ago, gingerormaryann said:

JJ said she never spoke to her husband about mattresses.  Sometimes you hear stuff like that and you realize how out of touch she can be and how judgemental she is about others who don't do as she does.  She asked Byrd if he ever talked to his wife about mattresses and he went off script and said yes.  Whatever points she was trying to make were effectively nullified.  I can't speak for anyone else but I've often spoken to people about mattresses and never found anything weird about it but I do think it's weird if a married woman says she never spoke to her husband about it.

There are now at least 6 new mattresses, one is the Purple Mattress, but they all have the same attributes; they are filled with air, they are lightweight and there is some sort of pad on top.  AND they are all mucho expensive and are 'perfect beds'.  There may be as many as a dozen just like them.  We talk about mattresses all the time because we need one.  JJ will never need a new mattress, because somebody else on her staff takes care of that.

• Love 3
13 minutes ago, AngelaHunter said:

Hope you're having a swingin' time in Jolly Old, Spunkygal. Don't offer to put anyone on your phone plan while you're there or invite strangers to share your hotel room just because you have a big heart!

Oh, too late, Dearie! 

• Love 5
4 hours ago, gingerormaryann said:

JJ said she never spoke to her husband about mattresses.  Sometimes you hear stuff like that and you realize how out of touch she can be and how judgemental she is about others who don't do as she does.  She asked Byrd if he ever talked to his wife about mattresses and he went off script and said yes.  Whatever points she was trying to make were effectively nullified.

Yes, she spoke as if it was suspicious and made up, just because she doesn't do the same thing. She's not really representative of a normal life. I love Byrd not playing along with that. Talking about brand preference for all kinds of items is super common... among people who don't have a staff to handle everything and have to make purchasing decisions carefully.

• Love 5