Type keyword(s) to search

All Episodes Talk: All Rise

Message added by Meredith Quill

Community Manager Note

Official notice that the topic of Sean DeMarco is off limits. If you have 1-on-1 thoughts to complete please take it to PM with each other.

If you have questions, contact the forum moderator @PrincessPurrsALot.  Do not discuss this limit to this discussion in here. Doing so will result in a warning. 

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, SandyToes said:

Yeah, dogs are dogs, and unpredictable, which is why I leash her when we see others on the path. And she's always leashed around the neighborhood. Pup isn't always perfectly well-behaved, and has been known to give as good as she gets But I try to be good to her, and my neighbors. And I watch Judge Judy.

Speac, I do the same thing before I let her out at night - mainly to give the raccoons and armadillos a chance to run!! 

I have yet to see an armadillo in our neighborhood but raccoons, opossums, and wood rats are common enough.  I hope they realize they had better scatter when the yard light goes on, the cats seem to be fear junkies and wait for the last moment to flea .  Funny thing is that our dog only seems to be bothered by cats and squirrels.  We moved to Texas from a desert area so a lot of the local fauna puzzles him on whether it is friend or foe.  

• Love 2

Today's new episodes -- the only new ones that showed up for me all week!  Kinda boring.  Six-year-old tosses dice at a TV and breaks it.  JJ can't understand why she didn't see a crack or mark on the TV.  Plaintiff tried to explain that the damage was behind the screen -- which it was, although "behind" probably isn't the term a repair person would use.  It resulted in a vertical line on the TV picture.  So even though there was no visible crack, the TV is toast.  The six-year-old miscreant was cute. Of course he didn't do it.  [wink]  Since when has a six-year-old owned up to anything?

In the other case, a woman who paid $2300 for a used fifth-wheel trailer in 2005 wanted $7K after it was destroyed in a fire.  Apparently her trailer was parked next to a motor home that caught fire, and her trailer also burned.  JJ wasn't having any.  JJ gave her about $1100 -- a reduced value for the trailer and about $400 for items the plaintiff could prove she'd purchased to stabilize the trailer.

I'm pissed at missing the cat episode!

• Love 2

Judy, you need to RETIRE!  What a cockamamie mind you have, not understanding newfangled technology.  Gawd, you make yourself look stupid when you make declarations like: The TV didn't have a ding, This little boy couldn't have broken the TV, etc.  Also, how can this woman allow her kid to LIE like that on TV?  And then, pretend that he is telling the truth!  That's not the way to RAISE YOUR BOY!

• Love 6

The six year old TV killer didn't strike me as cute, I felt he was sort of bratty (and heavily coached) and behaved more like a 4 year old than a 6 year old. Did my ears deceive me or did he really say when JJ pressed him on who threw the dice "some fool I don't know"? I agree that JJ is not up on newer technology, she still thinks of a TV as a CRT with a heavy guard glass layer in front of the actual glass screen. Large flat screens are pretty fragile, and on one of the court shows (PC maybe?) years ago there was a case in which a TV was damaged in spite not having visible marks on the front of the TV but a statement from a repair technician who fixed the TV who identified the cause as a frontal impact that did no visible damage to the front but the impact was transmitted to the actual screen behind it which is a lot more fragile.

• Love 4
45 minutes ago, Brattinella said:

Judy, you need to RETIRE!  What a cockamamie mind you have, not understanding newfangled technology.  Gawd, you make yourself look stupid when you make declarations like: The TV didn't have a ding, This little boy couldn't have broken the TV, etc.  Also, how can this woman allow her kid to LIE like that on TV?  And then, pretend that he is telling the truth!  That's not the way to RAISE YOUR BOY!

Good grief, not even new technology. We all know she goes over the cases before they're filmed. If she had a question on whether or not a TV could be damaged by frontal impact and not show any visible outside damage, a quick Google of "damage tv screen" would tell her, yes it can happen, and when it does the repair can often cost as much as a new tv. I do think plaintiff was out of line asking for $2000, when presenting evidence that a like new TV, with manufacturer warranty, is $750.

The 'cute' little boy reminded me more of a Dennis the Menace type then a little angel. I think the girl's mom shares the responsibility as she may well have been pushing the limit for how many children an adult day care worker can legally supervise, much less a 13yo.

If the boy's mom doesn't start cracking down, making him tell the truth and accept that his actions have consequences, I foresee a lot of trouble ahead for the boy. Yet another parent who refuses to accept that their little darling is a normal kid who sometimes does stupid stuff that requires mom and dad to dig into their pocket and pay for damage to others' property.

• Love 4

Just watched the contractor case. Joseph "Joe" and James "Jimmy" had some sort of convoluted land deal, along with the plaintiff's witness that reminded me of an episode of the Sopranos. I was on edge, because James "Jimmy" had such bad colour and looked so unhealthy I was afraid he'd keel over before our very eyes.

Surisa(?) suing her daughter, "Chrisheena" - Daughter, 22, who likes to get knocked up with every boyfriend she spreads for,(first baby daddy is, like, gone... somewhere.) is a liar who is out of control and thinks vandalizing property is the way to get even after an argument. Of course, she wants to be a nurse, in spite of her horrible character and awful grammar. I lost patience with mom sobbing the hallway and skipped that part.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, AuntiePam said:

In the other case, a woman who paid $2300 for a used fifth-wheel trailer in 2005 wanted $7K after it was destroyed in a fire.  Apparently her trailer was parked next to a motor home that caught fire, and her trailer also burned.  JJ wasn't having any.  JJ gave her about $1100 -- a reduced value for the trailer and about $400 for items the plaintiff could prove she'd purchased to stabilize the trailer.

Wow, don't even need sound to decide this one. I was watching from the kitchen and couldn't hear what JJ was saying, but just the crooked smirk on the plaintiff's face made me root for the defendant. Then I rewound and listened, yep gotta agree this lady sounds like a scammer. I didn't realize what a good an investment old trailers were. Then JJ really gets going - never registered, no insurance, nothing to show what she paid for it over a decade ago. And it certainly doesn't help when the plaintiff insists trying to present evidence after JJ says she doesn't want it, and interrupting when the defendant is being questioned. If the trailer had been insured for 5k, I think JJ may have listened, but a printed appraisal meant less than nothing to her.

Actually, kidding aside, I can understand the defendant's frustration, and by the end I had some sympathy for her. She was using the trailer as a vacation cabin rather than a trailer. It could very well have been packed with all manner of stuff they used when they came to the lake, ice chests, camping gear, grills etc (when I was a kid we used to cram a couple small dirt bikes in our camper). JJ was hearing any of that, to her it was just an unregistered, uninsured trailer. Actually, a quick Google search of used 5th wheel shows her price may have been pretty reasonable. Problem is she had no proof of value - of either the trailer or the contents.

If JJ ever looks out the window of her jet as she flies over the Az/CA border she'll see lots of RV's parked in storage waiting for the owner's to show up for a few days vacation. A whole sub-culture of people who show up for a few days up to the whole winter to enjoy the sun when it gets cold at home. I wonder how many of those are like the litigants on both sides of this case - unlicensed and uninsured and never driven on public roadways further than the storage lot to zero campsite on the lake.

Best part of the episode is when the co-defendant asks why she was being sued - guess we'll never know, because plaintiff tried to question JJ about the contents of the trailer and JJ was in a rush to leave through bench.

• Love 2

Then I rewound and listened, yep gotta agree this lady sounds like a scammer.

I was thinking, "Is she playing dumb, or is it not an act?" Anyway, she could have replaced everything in the trailer - and who knows if it was all old junk or not? I don't think I'd leave too many valuable items sitting for a year at a time to be ruined or stolen - simply by having insurance. And maybe registering the trailer before it burned up.

As for the broken TV, it really doesn't matter if JJ believed the kid did it with the dice. Plaintiff told her downtrodden-looking 13 year old to take 10 kids into the bedroom and she did. I didn't catch why she was trying for 2K  (I was too dazzled by the wild assortment of wigs, tats and nails) but. Mom said the TV was from her son-dad and only cost 768$ so I thought half and half was fair.

• Love 3
15 minutes ago, AngelaHunter said:

As for the broken TV, it really doesn't matter if JJ believed the kid did it with the dice. Plaintiff told her downtrodden-looking 13 year old to take 10 kids into the bedroom and she did. I didn't catch why she was trying for 2K  (I was too dazzled by the wild assortment of wigs, tats and nails) but. Mom said the TV was from her son-dad and only cost 768$ so I thought half and half was fair.

She said her son's dad paid $2K for it, their one-year anniversary gift.  She didn't have a receipt, but she had a printout from Amazon (?) showing that the same model could be purchased -- refurbished -- for about $700.  So JJ gave her half of the $700, because the woman's daughter was at least partly responsible, because she wasn't able to control the kid. 

If I had a $2K TV, it wouldn't be in my bedroom. 

• Love 3

If she had a question on whether or not a TV could be damaged by frontal impact and not show any visible outside damage, a quick Google of "damage tv screen" would tell her, yes it can happen, and when it does the repair can often cost as much as a new tv.

I bought a TV the end of last year right before the New Year's College football games. I couldn't get the stand to screw on so I went to my neighbor's house, carrying the TV. He tried to screw the stand on but at one point the TV slipped and banged against the ground on the side. Like BOUNCED into the air. I was so pissed but I took that TV home and it started right up without any problems. And it was a cheapo from Walmart. So I was suspicious about the dice case from the beginning (and the little dice thrower was such a handsome little boy but what a little fart, right)

I totally understand about the trailer lady case. She didn't have a title and the defendant was an ex-cop. She  could have been a scammer for sure. She could have just randomly showed up saying she owned some trailer. During the hallterview the defendant mentioned how he settled with other people. 

The whole crowd was straight out of The Get Fresh Crew/Old Lady Gang over at Real Housewives of Atlanta. 

You folks crack me up. I kept thinking the delusional cat feeder reminded me of Aunt Esther on Sanford and Son.  I don't think the defendants were cat haters either. We have a roaming cat which one of my neighbors feeds all the time. She doesn't take ownership of the cat so the cat poops all over the place which she doesn't pick up (and I have a dog which I have to pick up after). She doesn't take the cat for shots. And whenever I come outside that cat is hanging out under my car so my dog goes batcrap crazy trying to get after it. I have to walk by her place and it's covered with cat poop in the dirt where her kids run around and play.  

I really did enjoy my mental images of those two ladies playing "toss the cat poop" over the fence. I imagine Aunt Esther and her crew were smearing cat poop on their own cars and doorways trying to collect some dough (probably to buy more cat food). 

• Love 4
3 hours ago, ItsHelloPattiagain said:

I bought a TV the end of last year right before the New Year's College football games. I couldn't get the stand to screw on so I went to my neighbor's house, carrying the TV. He tried to screw the stand on but at one point the TV slipped and banged against the ground on the side. Like BOUNCED into the air. I was so pissed but I took that TV home and it started right up without any problems. And it was a cheapo from Walmart. So I was suspicious about the dice case from the beginning (and the little dice thrower was such a handsome little boy but what a little fart, right)

Dropping a flat screen and throwing something at a flat screen are going to cause totally different damages. Dropping it so it falls pretty much flat is like having someone step on you foot wearing sneakers--the weight is distributed over a big area.  Throwing dice would be like someone stepping on your foot with stiletto heels.  It's going to hurt.

• Love 3

We bought a big-screen tv a couple years ago, online from WallyWorld.  It arrived at the house, and there was a TINY damage spot on the box, but looking at the TV you could see no damage at all.  Until we hooked up the cable, and the power, etc and turned it on.  It was totally destroyed, crackle pattern all over the screen.  At least we didn't have to ship it back, just took it back to the store for a replacement.  Which we checked before leaving, tyvm!

• Love 2

Maybe they got married?

Wouldn't someone say "My husband" and not "My son dad" in that case? At least, that's what my married friends say. I never say, "My step children dad." I always say "my husband", but that's just me.

Maybe first hook up.

Can't be, since the kid was older than nine months. Maybe first hookup after she squirted out the kid?  Ah, another JJ mystery, although most the bizarre things litigants do is always a mystery to me.

Or he got out of jail

That makes the most sense, I guess. What kind of TV these days costs 2K anyway? I wouldn't know since I don't have one of those.

• Love 1
On 6/21/2016 at 10:28 AM, stewedsquash said:

I got the carbon monoxide windows, special carbon monoxide windows from Home Depo!, case yesterday. Ugh, I again Googled carbon monoxide windows and came up with zilch. 

Heh, I think she was talking about those safety windows that let you crack the window about an inch and then it locks in place, so you can get airflow without leaving the place open to burglars (or to keep your kid from opening it further and falling out to their death). If you are counting on an open window to avoid CO poisoning in your house, you have bigger issues. I would have love to see JJ grill her about that one.

• Love 3

I think these may be new episodes!!

Ep 1, Case 1 - The first case featured two tragic-looking goth sisters/hardcore fans of the Goonies movie who went to something called the Goonies Festival. The defendant, Megan Bucholz, was loud and had a 'tude that wouldn't quit (she must have rooted for the Fratellis). I guess sis Brianna (Whitnick) was too busy looking for One-Eyed Willy's treasure while at the festival, and Megan couldn't find her. So, Megan got angry, tossed Brianna's backpack out of the car, and drove away. Megan's tanty continued back at their apartment, where she gathered up Brianna's stuff and tossed that out too. In the midst of all of that, Megan said she discovered wax drippings on Brianna's carpet -- she wanted to sue for that. JJ gave Brianna some money, and she told Megan to get lost with her countersuit. The girls claimed they weren't raised together, and they have no interest in each other now.

Ep 1, Case 2 -- Kamal Fleming described an argument he had with former friend, the shifty Vonteris Mitchell. I think Von may have broken off one of Kamal's door handles by accident. Kamal got mad (Von's attitude in court/hallterview makes me think she may have had a "who gives a shit" reaction to breaking part of his car), and Von upped the game by threatening to choke Kamal and refusing to get out of the car. When she finally got out of the car, she decided to rip off another door handle and throw it in Kamal's face. JJ awarded Kamal a little over $300 -- how is he going to have his car repaired with that pittance? That won't even cover the labor. I hope he has a neighbor who tinkers with cars.

Darn, my work phone rang -- I missed all of episode 2, and it looked like a good one! I was able to catch the first bit of Britni Bates vs. Robert McCeney -- they used to date and lived together (in separate rooms), and they adopted a dog together. The dog's name is Chastity. Living in separate rooms....dog named Chastity --- you're going to think there's a theme, right?  Wrong, Britni just popped out a baby two weeks ago....there's no hubby or boyfriend, just a janky looking female roommate.  JJ had to decide if Chastity should live with Britni or Robert. 

• Love 1
(edited)

Oh, poor Britni. That girl has waaaay more problems than a dog.  That she called her "daughter."  Even though she has a real, live, two-week old human daughter. And was that the roommate or the grandma?  Either way, Britni does not need a dog in her life right now. Especially a big one, that would be sharing attention with a newborn.  Just dumb all the way around. In my neck of the woods, you have to have a license to catch a damn fish. Shouldn't there be something before babies come poppin' out?! Some verification that you at least have the sense God gave a grapefruit?

Second case.  Wow.  Talk about two people who deserve each other. She was just bizarr-o. The way she stood, and her dress, presented quite an odd picture.

New cases, but I'm likin' the older ones better.

ETA: A GoFundMe page?  Huh?!  OMG.  What has happened to us, that people think the way to pay bills is to just ask to be a charity case and have other people fork over the money? Am I that old? She wants $10,000 for a mortgage!  Just because!  And how does she plan on making the monthly payments? Oh good heavens.  Maybe, some day, somewhere, someone will discover what causes babies to spontaneously appear, and these poor, unemployed, surprised young women won't be forced to ask others (or JJ or Byrd) to fund them.    Pardon me, as I step off my soapbox now. I have "adoptive mom syndrome." Ooh, maybe I can start a fund...  (No disrespect intended - there are absolutely valid reasons for such funding.  Just not sure this is one.)

ETA again:  How cool was it that the festival those people attended was for "Goonies."  Would not have been such a fun case if it had been, say, a "Roman Holiday" or "Gone with the Wind" festival.  hee.

Edited by SandyToes
the need to personally rant and rave
  • Love 4

JJ is very cross with the first case, which is a bunch of blank-eyed idiots with lip piercings, suing about slashed tires and smoke bombs in a very confusing night of vandalism and stupidity. I suspect they agreed to be on the show in hopes of getting the producers to pay for the damages because they sure as hell have no money, and the producers thought they'd be more entertaining than they were. But the trick to that is to make an actual convincing case that you think you can prove the other side is in the wrong, not just flat out say you don't care. All dismissed.

Second case: plaintiff is a scruffy guy with very large gauge ear plugs (spotting a theme here), renting a room from the defendant who is very buttoned-down - the sort who gets upset when someone "disrespects" their "military service" (like I totally believe that happened) and in the halterview admits he thinks it's totally fine to tell his renters how to run their lives. It only takes 5 days for the cultures to clash. Why the defendant doesn't just let plaintiff out of the lease I have no clue, and neither does Judy. Plaintiff gets his money back, JJ gets her sushi lunch.

• Love 2
42 minutes ago, SandyToes said:

ETA: A GoFundMe page?  Huh?!  OMG.  What has happened to us, that people think the way to pay bills is to just ask to be a charity case and have other people fork over the money? Am I that old? She wants $10,000 for a mortgage!  Just because!  And how does she plan on making the monthly payments? Oh good heavens.  Maybe, some day, somewhere, someone will discover what causes babies to spontaneously appear, and these poor, unemployed, surprised young women won't be forced to ask others (or JJ or Byrd) to fund them.    Pardon me, as I step off my soapbox now. I have "adoptive mom syndrome." Ooh, maybe I can start a fund...  (No disrespect intended - there are absolutely valid reasons for such funding.  Just not sure this is one.)

Yes. Has your "sic-nif-i-cant" other popped off? Never mind insurance to pay it yourself, like the rest of the fools do. Go on a begging site, and get strangers to pay to plant him. Have an urge to breed more and need to get your violent felon baby daddy sprung from the clink? GoFundMe! What horrifies me more than these shameless, amoral leeches are the people actually giving them money! I wouldn't give any of them a glass of water if their feet were on fire. Oh, well, as P.T. Barnum said, "There's a sucker born every minute."

• Love 2
(edited)
1 hour ago, CoolWhipLite said:

Aw, sorry guys -- I don't know how I missed that gem the first time around!

Yes, but an excellent recap nevertheless.  Thank you!

Edited by Albino
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, SandyToes said:

Oh, poor Britni. That girl has waaaay more problems than a dog.  That she called her "daughter."  Even though she has a real, live, two-week old human daughter. And was that the roommate or the grandma?  Either way, Britni does not need a dog in her life right now. Especially a big one, that would be sharing attention with a newborn.  Just dumb all the way around. In my neck of the woods, you have to have a license to catch a damn fish. Shouldn't there be something before babies come poppin' out?! Some verification that you at least have the sense God gave a grapefruit?

I'm still baffled by her relationship with the "older" gentleman and alleged dognapper.  Were they a couple or was she just renting a room and occasionally bopping him?  

I'd like to blame her tearful interview at the end on post-partum hormones, but honestly I think she's naive and...well...dumb.  And her mother, nodding and smiling proudly at the fact that her daughter jumps from one man's bed to another and another and now she's the doting grandmother to an adorable baby girl!  Good going mom.

• Love 6

I thought new roommate Nick(ie) was a guy, but not the babydaddy, and assumed the witness was the mother/babygrandma. The way she spoke about the precious little bundle of joy that was about to take a backseat to a dog had JJ ruled differently would have been waaay creepy if she was just a roommate.

• Love 4

The rerun today? If this were my show and someone on the staff picked out for me that herd of  muttering, moronic, muddin' mental midgets from Minnesota (I'm including squat, bulldog-faced mom in there) that person would be fired pronto. It took three tries to get Moron No.1 to learn to say, "I saw" and it was far from appetitzing watching the other mutants' tongues flapping out of their gaping pieholes to lick their lip piercings.

Give me shady shysters! Crooked contractors! Creepy car dealers! Patricia Bean! Anything but gangs of morons so stupid it's painful listening to them struggling to form a thought.

• Love 5
7 hours ago, Albino said:

I'm still baffled by her relationship with the "older" gentleman and alleged dognapper.  Were they a couple or was she just renting a room and occasionally bopping him?  

And her mother, nodding and smiling proudly at the fact that her daughter jumps from one man's bed to another and another and now she's the doting grandmother to an adorable baby girl!  Good going mom.

Awww...i felt bad for the grandma when she proudly said "she's our precious" about the new baby girl and JJ coldly shut her down with "i didn't ask you a question."  JJ could have easily said "I'm sure she is" without skipping a beat and continued with the case.

• Love 2
(edited)

LO-retta?? OMG. What was with Loretta? Like, basically - ZOMG.

I saw that ep after watching a horror movie and Loretta was scarier.

And her mother, nodding and smiling proudly at the fact that her daughter jumps from one man's bed to another and another and now she's the doting grandmother to an adorable baby girl!

My exact thoughts. Her daughter, who, at 19, hooked up online with man probably older than her father, gets knocked up with some other guy and is now is in court fighting to get her dog-daughter back. Yes, exactly what she needs most now - a husky and its needs for maximum exercise. Def. is a better home, but he's a creep with a liking for dumb teenaged girls.

Edited by AngelaHunter
  • Love 4
15 hours ago, Albino said:

I'd like to blame her tearful interview at the end on post-partum hormones, but honestly I think she's naive and...well...dumb.

Agree 100%.  I had thought about hormones, too,, and that may be part of it, but based on grandma's input, I think the apple didn't fall far from the tree.  Which may explain a lot.  But doesn't make it any easier to wrap my brain around. Still boggled about wanting $10K for a mortgage. Never mind how she would pay for insurance, electricity, garden hoses... I hope some other family member saw this and steps in.

And I also agree with bringing on more crazy loons. My TV hasn't had a shoe thrown at it (or dice!) in a while now and it misses the action.

• Love 3

ETA: A GoFundMe page?  Huh?!  OMG.  What has happened to us, that people think the way to pay bills is to just ask to be a charity case and have other people fork over the money? Am I that old?

Oh, sister, don't get me going on those GoFundMySorryAss pages. My son-in-law's cousin had four kids by three different baby daddies, all of whom are being raised by other people (three by SIL's parents and those kids ended up with my SIL and daughter for a couple of years) - all those kids were taken away by the court (one at birth). Do you know Cousin started a GoFundMyDelusionalSorrySelf page to try and travel to a different state so she can try and get custody of her new boyfriend's kid?? (boyfriend is on parole and can't go over state lines?) The urge to slap her silly is so white-hot that I would have to stick a pencil in my own neck if I saw her in person again to keep from ending up in the pokey. 

I'm a big dog lover but I don't really think my dog is my daughter. She did get a new harness recently but I passed on the party dress for her. And Britni's ex boyfriend gave off those Jared-From-Subway vibes to me. 

Yesterday was pet peeve day on JJ for me- there was the white woman who tried talking all "street" like she was Lady Hood Rat. Another one of my pet peeves (Another one of Cousin's bad behaviors, see above rant). 

• Love 10
(edited)

Shoes a'flyin'!!!  OMG, Barbara Mitchell!!  I kept waiting for Judy to hold her in contempt and throw her in jail.  Man, oh, man. I hope the "landlords" bring a copy of the tape, with all BM's (ha!) threatening vibes as she stomped out of the courtroom.  Oh, for this to have been real court!  And now goofy, drunk baby momma Polly.  "What is wrong with you?!?!" shouts Judy.  Grab the flyswatter! Whack!

ETA: And today's afternoon repeat gives us Stephanie Sias. She gets a shoe!!  Woo hoo! Banner day!

Bratinella, I do love you. But I had to get out paper and pencil to create a flow chart for your sorry relations.  Blood pressure shooting sky high! (Probably not the best time to be creating a final exam... Poor students. Oh well!)

Edited by SandyToes
More shoes to fling!
  • Love 2
(edited)

the white woman who tried talking all "street" like she was Lady Hood Rat.

The scary LO-retta!

Loretta: "He gonna say, "You gon' give me 200$. You ain't gon' have me out here lookin' bogue."

JJ: "Could you repeat that, in English?"

My son-in-law's cousin had four kids by three different baby daddies, all of whom are being raised by other people (three by SIL's parents and those kids ended up with my SIL and daughter for a couple of years) - all those kids were taken away by the court (one at birth). Do you know Cousin started a GoFundMyDelusionalSorrySelf page to try and travel to a different state so she can try and get custody of her new boyfriend's kid??

Ah, the picture-perfect JJ litigant.

Edited by AngelaHunter
  • Love 2

Oh, my!  Horrible mother with 4 kids, 2 living elsewhere.  She hires a babysitter off FB.  She pays her 60 bucks but owes her 200 more.  Wants the babysitter to wait for the COUNTY to pay it!  Oh HELL NO!  Plus, her 3 yr old daughter is a nightmare, even her mom admits that!  "I don't feel like I owe her anything...".  ARGH!  You texted her that you DO owe her 200 bucks.  I feel sorry for all moms that have to deal with this shit.

SandyToes, which of my sorry relations are you referring to?  There are only a few I would put in that category. :)

• Love 2

SandyToes, which of my sorry relations are you referring to? 

Ah. I see now, upon closer inspection, that these people are your son-in-law's sorry relations. Humble apologies!!  Whew!

• Love 2

Britni - FB stalked (I know it's bad and probably not allowed for discussion here).  The pictures tell the story of how she came to be the person she is now.  Overweight teenager who had a man pay attention to her.  I wrote my own story for her -- low self-esteem, a bit of attention, and other events that bring us to the halterview calling her dog her daughter.  

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Brattinella said:

Oh, my!  Horrible mother with 4 kids, 2 living elsewhere.  She hires a babysitter off FB.  She pays her 60 bucks but owes her 200 more.  Wants the babysitter to wait for the COUNTY to pay it!  Oh HELL NO!  Plus, her 3 yr old daughter is a nightmare, even her mom admits that!  "I don't feel like I owe her anything...".  ARGH!  You texted her that you DO owe her 200 bucks.  I feel sorry for all moms that have to deal with this shit.

I loved how JJ kept asking her "Does that mean you don't owe her the money?" over and over.  And the answer is always "No".  

Slightly off topic and possibly flameworthy, but how do these young women get so overweight at such a young age?  It's bad at any age - and I've been overweight - but to be 20 or 30 something and be so very round and double-chinned is sad. Not just these two, but so many litigants seem to have this problem. Fast food?  Poor nutrition? Just don't care?  It's almost epidemic.  At least on Judge Judy.  :(

• Love 5

but how do these young women get so overweight at such a young age?

I'm often shocked at the huge incidence of true morbid obesity in a lot of the very young people we see here. The def has FOUR kids, one of whom is a "nightmare" and can't be taken out. How can she run after and care for all those kids in her condition? Plaintiff ( who needs to be paid in cash so her benefits won't be messed up)was the same, and they're so young! JJ couldn't stand looking at the goofball boyfriend, so waved him away from the podium as though he were an irritating insect.

Something I just love: When JJ drags Byrd into the case; "Look at this Byrd," and his expression is all like, "Leave me out this stupid shit from these morons." Such was the case with Ms. Robedo (who appeared to be in Wednesday Addams makeup) whose former lover-boy (who proprosed to her but didn't bother with a ring) needed thousands of dollars for a lawyer because he's a loser who like to drink and drive. Bank statements proving she gave him 3K? Why, she doesn't have those with her today! Go get them. Brings back some stuff that proves nothing, and when asked to point out the 3K, says, "Oh, well... he owes me the money. Take my word for it." Buh bye! Loser/creep BF in the hall, "Girls are crazy!" I have to agree with him. Any of them would be crazy to give him a dime for his iPhone, his lawyer or his 65" TV. They were gifts.

• Love 6

I totally agree when JJ and MM dismiss cases because the dumbass plaintiff forgot to bring the evidence and I give both of them mental high fives because it seems like they might be trying to teach said dumbasses a lesson by not awarding them anything, but I still hate when an obvious low life user gets to walk away without paying anything back.  It just reinforces the dirtbag's behavior.

• Love 9
5 hours ago, DebbieW said:

I still hate when an obvious low life user gets to walk away without paying anything back.  It just reinforces the dirtbag's behavior.

But, if every JJ audience member had a paddle and were free to use it as the dirtbag left the courtroom, think how entertaining this could be.

In all seriousness though it really chaps my fanny when someone gets away scot free from paying what they're supposed to pay especially when they wear a smirk on their face as they exit the room.

Marauding chihuahuas attack!!! 77yo little old lady out walking with little grandbaby trips and falls when pack of yappers attack her ankles. Can't help but laugh, but the truth is a when a 70 plus years old person falls that can put them on an express elevator to the undertaker. Luckily, in this case it's just bruises and broken glasses instead of broken hip. Anybody understand WTH defendant's daughter's story was. The way I understood it, she was in the living room watching the dogs through the door, yet when she answered the door and went out the dogs were in the fenced backyard. Hmmm, maybe the 'living room' is actually a family room in the back of the house. We'll never know, JJ cut her off and told her to sit down (well, I wasn't buying the story either.) Could well be that JJ had already read a copy of the animal control report, which quotes lovely daughter saying the gate had blown open and the dogs had gotten out. Then mom starts in doing her auctioneer impression. Didn't buy what she was selling, either. Certainly didn't help that she was fined by animal control for her dogs being loose, and for having over the maximum number of dogs. Oh, and mom's story seems at odds with the report a couple times, too, I paused it when JJ was reading it and caught the daughter's lies and mom's discrepancies. Apple didn't fall to far from the tree with these two. Claims to have home owners insurance, but doesn't know the carrier. Couldn't file a claim with her insurance because old lady didn't give her name. You mean her name wasn't on the animal control complaint or the court papers when she was served. Oh, and the ever popular claim that plaintiff wouldn't provide proof of damages, but showed up in court with the broken glssses, receipt for new glasses, doctor's report of injury, etc

Good news from case is that plaintiff, while scared, wasn't badly hurt. And, sounded like animal control made defendant neuter/spay the unaltered dogs - hard to tell as I had trouble keeping up with the speed talker. Did it bother anyone else when JJ asked what happened to the extra two dogs and defendant said she "got rid" of them?

• Love 4

Did it bother anyone else when JJ asked what happened to the extra two dogs and defendant said she "got rid" of them?

It made me sick, as it always does when someone says they "got rid of" a pet. You get rid of a skin condition, a debt, or trash - not living creatures. Once again, others, including the dogs, have to suffer because of a stupid idiot owner and this owner's stupid, idiot, giant dumb daughter.

As for myself, if anyone asked who insures my home I would reply with a broker's name, not "I'm not sure." Disgusting woman.
Not having home owner's insurance boggles my mind, but not hard to believe with this lowlife, backyard breeder. Ugh.

• Love 6