Type keyword(s) to search

All Episodes Talk: All Rise

Message added by Meredith Quill

Community Manager Note

Official notice that the topic of Sean DeMarco is off limits. If you have 1-on-1 thoughts to complete please take it to PM with each other.

If you have questions, contact the forum moderator @PrincessPurrsALot.  Do not discuss this limit to this discussion in here. Doing so will result in a warning. 

• Start Topic

Total Prius Recall:  What a liar!  "I was nervous!"  So he lied about having gone to a nearby hospital, St-Joseph's hospital, and having been diagnosed with a concussion, and acted as if he could produce supporting medical evidence if the case was recalled!  Oops JJ, I guess I lied!  Can I have some money now?  How about an angry goodbye from a disgusted JJ?

Diamonds Are JJ's Best Friend: JJ needs bifocals, even I could tell that the stones were not set at the same depth, and I don't own a single piece of jewelry.

Where Is The Money From?: I don't know why JJ required such a heavy burden of proof, heavier than usual, from the plaintiff, and at first wouldn't see the text messages.  Maybe the sushi wasn't fresh.

They Must Have Connected At The AA Meeting: The 44 yr old defendant looked like a drunken vagrant and the plaintiff like an old, lonely ex-alcoholic.  He is back living with his parents after mooching on this old lady for months. 

• Love 3

IIRC, def said plaintiff called her and asked how she was going to pay her rent when she had a car payment due. Maybe I'm wrong but to me that sounded like plaintiff knew what was in the account and how much the car payment was.

JJ said def didn't have enough of an imagination to make up something so specific and I think she was right.

You are right, it is possible the plaintiff did snoop but I don't think 'the defendant wouldn't have the imagination to come up with something like this' is actual proof.  Yes, it is possible but it is all based on the defendant saying what the plaintiff said and JJ believing it because she couldn't possibly imagine such a thing.  Proof would have included asking if she reported it?  Wouldn't the defendant been so offended and wanted to get the plaintiff in trouble so as to make a complaint to the cu?  Proof would have been did you close the account?  When in relation to the conversation?  If someone is snooping in your account, you close the account.  Neither of these were ever asked of the defendant by JJ.  I don't like she couldn't come up with something so elaborate, so must have happened.  Defendant was a caught liar and was very evasive/misleading in her testimony about the dogs and the damage.  Why is she being believed when it came to this statement?

And, is it automatic that having not made the car payment she would not pay the rent?  Maybe would prioritize the rent payment. Why was the plaintiff checking on her car payment?  What would that get her/what is the motivation for the snooping?  What is the correlation between the two that we are supposed to infer?

Similarly, I didn't like the case where the father driving his children to school ran into a teenager and because he was an adult and had his children in his car, couldn't have been speeding, so must have been the teenager's fault because she is a teenager; like no adult drives recklessly with their kids in the car.  Ridiculous!

Edited by Bazinga

The 44 yr old defendant looked like a drunken vagrant and the plaintiff like an old, lonely ex-alcoholic.

I've had plenty of guys doing work on my house. Strangely, I have not yet ever invited any of them to move in - rent free - and thought it would be nice to give them a credit card.

Of all the miscreants today, I think Timothy, the snaggle-toothed, high-pitched, 44 year old loser gigolo who lives with his mommy and daddy because he's..you know...a fucking loser, was my favorite.  I'm sorry JJ gave the dumb, ridiculous plaintiff anything at all.

Not to say I didn't enjoy Mr. Ramos! I understand perfectly how being nervous would make a person start telling elaborate lies. Who doesn't do that? It was kind of fun when he had admit that he's a big fat liar in front of 10 million people, but then expected JJ to believe everything else he said. Bug off, Ramos. Next!

The Kia loan battle? Yes, here's another "nervous" person, but her lies strangely make her say "borrow" when she really meant "IT WAS A GIFT!" No sympathy for plaintiff but I do think - and hope - that she learned a valuable lesson and to stop being such a stupid sucker.

• Love 4

"Byrd, do we have a book that goes up that high---2011 Toyota Prius??"  WTF?  I think the production company would be okay with getting the show a new book (God forbid Byrd has to give up his book and handy highlighter and move into the digital age at kbb.com).

JJ needed to use Language Line services with Elena Popova.  She was clearly confused (and, based on her hallterview, she also needs some help with the semantics of appropriate language, as she announced that she had wanted to KILL Ramos).  When those two met, Mr. Ramos must have thought that she'd be easy to manipulate...he couldn't even control himself when she was trying to answer Judge Judy.  "Just say yesssss," he mumbled into his shirt, although he had already been scolded by JJ.  Watch out, she may beat you up again!  So, what happens with the cases that reconvene later?  Do the litigants and their witnesses get a second trip/hotel to come back with their paperwork?  

Nancy Nock really should have been suing her hairdresser.  Her occasionally mowed lawn has more style than that semi-mullet 'do.  That woman was letting Timothy live there at no cost for at least 7 months.  What the hell was she getting out of the deal??  I don't even want to know....because it can't just be lawnmowing and moving her son's stray tools.  No doubt, they were drinking buddies...but I'm glad the rest of their story was not revealed.  

• Love 1

When those two met, Mr. Ramos must have thought that she'd be easy to manipulate...he couldn't even control himself when she was trying to answer Judge Judy.

I got that "easy to manipulate" impression too. Why do so many loser North American men get Russian women, seemingly thinking they'll be docile and obedient because they often have no family or friends in their new country and don't speak the language well? I don't know if he ordered her directly online or got her after she was actually here, but Mr. Ramos found out the hard way that she's not so easily manipulated when he got the shit beaten out of him. Oh, another thing - he was CHEATING. No matter how often I see it, I'm always amazed when we see someone like him who can actually find multiple women who want him. WHY they want him, I have no clue.

• Love 5

Total Prius Recall:  What a liar!  "I was nervous!"  So he lied about having gone to a nearby hospital, St-Joseph's hospital, and having been diagnosed with a concussion, and acted as if he could produce supporting medical evidence if the case was recalled! 

I would have been nervous too if I was lying in court - especially if I had made up a concussion. ESPECIALLY if Ms. Popova (I heard that in my head in Judge Judy's voice and it came out as a New Yawk accent saying "popover" lol) got a hold of me. Me thinks there was no evidence because: a) she beat him up good but hit him in a way where he had no bruises, just a whole lotta pain or b) she beat the crap outta him and he was embarrassed to show any pictures of how cute little sparkly blonde Ms. Popover popped him one in the head ***cues little birdies flying in circles ovah his head***

• Love 3

The plaintiff twice admitted that she knew things about the defendant's account right in front of JJ.  "She doesn't have her car with us!"  Twice.  She was snooping.  No doubt.

Yes, to me she absolutely accessed her info.  She was snooping.  I would have awarded her $1,000.

• Love 1

Eh, I am on the side that just because you fib about one thing doesn't mean you fib about everything.

But how does anyone know what's a lie and what's not? I would have a problem believing anything from someone who could look me right in the eye and lie like a rug. Having them say, "Oh, well, I was lying before, but now I promise I'm telling the truth. Just trust me on that." Right..

• Love 2
Of all the miscreants today, I think Timothy, the snaggle-toothed, high-pitched, 44 year old loser gigolo who lives with his mommy and daddy because he's..you know...a fucking loser, was my favorite.  I'm sorry JJ gave the dumb, ridiculous plaintiff anything at all.

Yeah, he seemed kinda sad. I gotta wonder how you get to 44-years-old and are still living off other women and your parents and you're saying you work for yourself as a construction worker. It's like, dude, come on. And did he say he's a parent? Eesh.

And Luis lying his ass off to that extent was funny. Dude, you already cheated on Anna Karenina, now you wanna go and make matters worse even after she's already been shunned after you two returned from Italy to be together once she left her husband. That's that bullshit.

• Love 3

Luis & Elena reminded me of Enrique Iglesias and Anna Kournikova while they were dating.  Not exactly a meeting of minds, not a whole of communication going on,  just lots of noisy sex.  Oh, and I thought Luis was hot.

See, AngelaHunter, I'm still here!

Edited by Sarcastico
  • Love 2

Quote is not working for me...

Regarding the 44 year old gigolo Timothy. Does anyone think JJ went too far in her comments and may in fact have opened herself up to slander litigation?

Her comment at the end (something like) 'you lived rent free for 7 months... you put the money you saved up your nose... or whatever orifice you prefer...

On what basis did she make that statement?  If it was in the plaintiffs statement it was 'heresay' and not substantiated.  Did she break HIPPA laws? 
This was not discussed during the case.  Is it because it was unsubstantiated or because it was irrelevant to the case? 

Either reason should mean that JJ can't parting shot it when it was just nasty.

She wants to get after the VP of the credit union for knowing her bank did not carry the other ladie's car loan - JJ 'up your nose' comments to me were far more heinous and perhaps actionable.

Thoughts...

• Love 1

I thought he had a look of disbelief that she went there. 

Isn't that the definition of gratuitious - it wasn't brought up during the case, it was thrown out randomly after she ruled and was leaving. 

She must be privy to a lot of other details about the cases from complaints or random rants of both sides.

Is it all fair game if she doesn't like you? 

Pig or Human?:  I'm confused.  Was there an actual pig, or was this a pig/human hybrid with a cat?  I swear I saw a picture of an actual pig yesterday in the teaser.  I was disappointed not to see photos of the mess of kitty litter and beer cans.  Do pigs like beer?  The plaintiff was super-nervy and entitled, JJ really shut that down but it kept coming back.  Whack-A-Mole!

Off The Tow Truck Straight To Minnesota: Both Mr Strudel and I were in tears laughing at the huge, jiggly plaintiff going on and on about how sentimental she was about "always wanting" whatever piece of scrap metal the defendant was advertising on craigslist.  Some people want to be brain surgeons, some people want to be wise and kind, this one wanted a big hulking mass of Chevy from the sixties, in separate pieces in someone's garage.  It's just a car ffs, get a grip.  But the funniest bit that had us in stitches what that the defendant asked for $500 to "get the car in running order" and delivered it with a tow truck asking for the rest of the money.  We were picturing him asking for the cash while the car is being lowered off the hook: "eh, it's running now!"  And the rims were extra!!!  Not included! LOL someone slap me, I can't stop laughing.  She wanted to drive it to Minnesota... kill me now.

Pride Karaoke: Kenya White was quite a charmer and I bet he had good moves and a great singing voice at the karaoke.  Too bad he assisted his friend in burglarizing the plaintiff's car.  The plaintiff was dressed quite plainly for being such a tragic fashion victim... Louis Vuitton... Hermes... Prada... What, "Georges" from Wal-Mart gets no love?

Polyamory, Maybe?: That's another one JJ decided to shut down because drama! I wondered why this group of disparate individuals would end up divided over an abandoned washing machine and a "very nice" coffee table that was "acquired for free."  The only explanation I came up with is that they were all boinking each other at the same party and they all got VD.  I'd be upset too!  Crabs are nasty.

• Love 4

Both Mr Strudel and I were in tears laughing at the huge, jiggly plaintiff going on and on about how sentimental she was about "always wanting" whatever piece of scrap metal the defendant was advertising on craigslist.

Oooh, your reviews always get me so revved up to watch!

This reminds me of the dizzy plaintiff whose "dream car" was an '89 Chevy wagon that didn't run for which she paid 250$. I guess this kind of yearning for junkers is not as uncommon as I first thought.

Pig or Human?:  I'm confused.  Was there an actual pig, or was this a pig/human hybrid with a cat?  I swear I saw a picture of an actual pig yesterday in the teaser.  I was disappointed not to see photos of the mess of kitty litter and beer cans.  Do pigs like beer?  The plaintiff was super-nervy and entitled, JJ really shut that down but it kept coming back.  Whack-A-Mole!

Damn, Vanessa Carlton just wouldn't stop talking about those thousand miles she traveled, or that ordinary day with the ordinary boy who looked up at the sky, or whatever the fuck it was that she kept blathering on about. Girl, shut up! And am I the only one who thought the defendant looked like Joyce DeWitt?

Off The Tow Truck Straight To Minnesota: Both Mr Strudel and I were in tears laughing at the huge, jiggly plaintiff going on and on about how sentimental she was about "always wanting" whatever piece of scrap metal the defendant was advertising on craigslist.  Some people want to be brain surgeons, some people want to be wise and kind, this one wanted a big hulking mass of Chevy from the sixties, in separate pieces in someone's garage.  It's just a car ffs, get a grip.  But the funniest bit that had us in stitches what that the defendant asked for $500 to "get the car in running order" and delivered it with a tow truck asking for the rest of the money.  We were picturing him asking for the cash while the car is being lowered off the hook: "eh, it's running now!"  And the rims were extra!!!  Not included! LOL someone slap me, I can't stop laughing.  She wanted to drive it to Minnesota... kill me now.

For real. She was putting me off. She had a hungry ass personality. Damn. I don't believe she thinks with her head or her heart; she thinks with her stomach. But she seemed like if her plate isn't on point it fucks up her whole understanding. And is it just me or did the plaintiff look like George Zimmerman, you know, with a bald head and slightly cock-eyed. I felt like one eye was on me and the other was counting to potato.

Pride Karaoke: Kenya White was quite a charmer and I bet he had good moves and a great singing voice at the karaoke.  Too bad he assisted his friend in burglarizing the plaintiff's car.  The plaintiff was dressed quite plainly for being such a tragic fashion victim... Louis Vuitton... Hermes... Prada... What, "Georges" from Wal-Mart gets no love?

It got some love yesterday when I wore my damn checkered shirt from GEORGE. But I fucked up and listened to some Iggy Azalea before I went to bed and so woke up in a bougie bitch type of mood so I wore Merona by Tar-zhay. I know...I already know...

Edited by 27bored
  • Love 6

"Byrd, do we have a book that goes up that high---2011 Toyota Prius??"  WTF?  I think the production company would be okay with getting the show a new book (God forbid Byrd has to give up his book and handy highlighter and move into the digital age at kbb.com).

JJ needed to use Language Line services with Elena Popova.  She was clearly confused (and, based on her hallterview, she also needs some help with the semantics of appropriate language, as she announced that she had wanted to KILL Ramos).  When those two met, Mr. Ramos must have thought that she'd be easy to manipulate...he couldn't even control himself when she was trying to answer Judge Judy.  "Just say yesssss," he mumbled into his shirt, although he had already been scolded by JJ.  Watch out, she may beat you up again!  So, what happens with the cases that reconvene later?  Do the litigants and their witnesses get a second trip/hotel to come back with their paperwork?  

Nancy Nock really should have been suing her hairdresser.  Her occasionally mowed lawn has more style than that semi-mullet 'do.  That woman was letting Timothy live there at no cost for at least 7 months.  What the hell was she getting out of the deal??  I don't even want to know....because it can't just be lawnmowing and moving her son's stray tools.  No doubt, they were drinking buddies...but I'm glad the rest of their story was not revealed.  

Every time JJ asked him what else he did for the plaintiff, I was waiting for him to say "O.K, I fucked her every Saturday night and twice on Sunday"

• Love 5

I missed the first few minutes of the first episode, and I turned on the TV to hear Judge Judy saying to the woman in the pink sweater, "You let a pig and a cat move in."  JJ kept referring to the "pig and the cat."  When she asked if the pig paid any rent, I thought she was being facetious.  Then, the pink sweatered defendant said that the pig was house-sitting.  Wait a minute....  Toaster Strudel, I'm with you.  WTH species is the pig?  Is it a messy guy who really didn't want his name mentioned, even if they promised to mute it?  Or was it an actual pig that travels around town with his pet cat?

"I don't caaaaaare" -- JJ hissed that more times than a teenager during the second case.  Man, she really didn't care.  I was surprised by her big share at the beginning of the case...Can you imagine JJ back in the day, going on a date with a boy who drove a Chevy Impala?!  God help that boy if he ordered the wrong flavor at the malt shop or suggested that Judy wore a shorter poodle skirt.  She would declare a pox on his house and his family, call him a hustla, bark "G'BYE!," and swiftly walk away.

I'd love to see Kenya White doing karaoke.  I bet he'd be fun.  And I think the High Fashion Underbite's jewels and (p)leather goods came from Canal Street in NYC...or their local equivalent.  

The people in the last case: all weirdos.  

• Love 2

ToasterStrudel - I was a little disappointed at the "jiggly" lover of old beater cars. Her very thick layer of firm fat stretching her skin meant she didn't jiggle at all! So firm and so thick was the layer under her chin she had trouble looking down. Her constant apologies and "sorrys" for blabbing out of turn was so irritating. STFU!  However, watching her get all choked up, chins a-quivering,  in the hall about that rust bucket made me forget my disappointment.

The "Aweful Battle of the Twinks" was kinda boring, until Mr. Pui said that the giggly Kenya had stolen from him in the past. I have to say that whenever MY friends stole my stuff (as if!) I dropped them from my Friend list, but the idealistic Mr. Pui did not. Best part was hearing him start to say, "I should be allowed..." and the rest would have been "....to leave my car window open with my wallet , credit cards and money in it." Sure, Pui, you're allowed. Just don't expect it to be there in the morning, you fool.

QuoteIs it a messy guy who really didn't want his name mentioned

Yes, a guy. Plaintiff in this case was such a bitch I wanted to slap her myself.

QuoteThe people in the last case: all weirdos.

Yep. A 32 year old  chinless, snaggled-toothed man and his wife whining about a free coffee table. Fuck off.

Edited by AngelaHunter
  • Love 1

I'd love to see Kenya White doing karaoke. I bet he'd be fun. And I think the High Fashion Underbite's jewels and (p)leather goods came from Canal Street in NYC...or their local equivalent.

Of COURSE he did. He was clearly vain and shallow and if he really had the money to buy an Hermès shirt, he most certainly could have afforded to pay an orthodontist to fix those jagged, Jack O'Lantern teeth of his and correct that bulldog underbite situation.

And could he stop saying "actually" every other word?! So damn annoying. "I actually drove. I actually said. He actually came over." That JJ didn't call him out on his mis/overuse of the word left me baffled. I believe he said "actually" more than the "basically" guy she reamed out last year.

But, yay! Kenya White seemed like the most fun criminal JJ has ever had on the show.

ETA: It made me crazy in the '67 Impala case that JJ repeatedly called the thing a "60-year old car." I had to rewind the show to double check the year thinking maybe I misheard '57 as '67 but nope! You are a-wrong, Judge Judy!

Edited by Guest

JJ's producers would hate to read this, but you guys are miles more entertaining than the actual cases!

"Chins a-quivering" is one of the funniest things I have ever read on here. I didn't realize how large the plaintiff was until they showed her from the side. I don't know if that Impala could have fit all the junk that was in her trunk. Did she say she flew to Texas? I'd hate to sit next to her on a plane. If only she were as determined to partake in an exercise routine as she was to owning that car.

Regarding the landlord/tenant case, count me in as one who really thought Miss Passive-Agressive had moved an actual pig into the staged house and then took off for two months. Truth be told, had that happened it would've been an instant classic. And her trying to object was hilarious to me. Again I ask, do these fools never watch the damn show before they go on it? JJ said the landlord was being nice. I think she was being stupid. If all the other roommates could manage to move out, Miss Objection could have too.

The Pride boys reminded me of another recent case in which someone took a relative stranger home with them from a gay bar and got robbed. It might have been on People's Court. Gay or straight doesn't matter; that's some dangerous behavior right there. Do you know how much vetting, public records checks, and Google searches you have to pass to get an invitation to Casa Teebax? Hell, I have a few relatives I don't trust enough to have over to my house! The next show we see some of these fools on might be on the ID Channel. Don't bring strangers home (or to your hotel room) with you.

Edited by teebax
  • Love 5
Of COURSE he did. He was clearly vain and shallow and if he really had the money to buy an Hermès shirt, he most certainly could have afforded to pay an orthodontist to fix those jagged, Jack O'Lantern teeth of his and correct that bulldog underbite situation.

Yeah his grill did look like a bad neighborhood. Just gang signs all over that motherfucker. But, he had good taste. If I didn't have a mortgage, I would go buy me a shirt from Hermes just so I can flex for no reason.

• Love 2

Yeah his grill did look like a bad neighborhood. Just gang signs all over that motherfucker.

Brilliant. Totally stealing this.

I gotta say, the TWoP thread was tons of fun, but the LOL-factor has increased exponentially over here. Keep up the fine work...I need some laughs. Third DVR in the Comcrap graveyard. All JJs gone.

The "Actually" guy was making my molars ache the way he kept hitting that word. Kenya cracked me up when JJ smacked him down over something and he uttered that indignant "Ooo!" through pursed lips.

(I accidentally hit a "quote post" thing somewhere and don't know how to delete the box up there.....)

Edited by CuriousParker
Removed quote box. :)
  • Love 4

"Chins a-quivering" is one of the funniest things I have ever read on here. I didn't realize how large the plaintiff was until they showed her from the side. I don't know if that Impala could have fit all the junk that was in her trunk. Did she say she flew to Texas? I'd hate to sit next to her on a plane. If only she were as determined to partake in an exercise routine as she was to owning that car.

I'm not a big fan of fat bashing -- but what got me about her was that nose-in-the-air stance she took.  What in the world?  And she just couldn't shut up.  Don't these people WATCH a few shows before they appear on JJ?!?

• Love 3

e9e1174e329696df2c68fa512f2fee14.jpg.

There is ample room on the front seat, but what were the chances that this would make it to Minnesota with a 450 lbs front load?

LOL.

Yeah if she slid her ass in that car it would've been cursing ass out the whole time. It would look like she was trying to do hydraulics and her car conked out half way through and said "bitch you got me fucked up".

• Love 1

What was Mr. Actually wearing around his neck?  I could not tell if it was some kind of necklace or the top of a shirt.

Yes, he had some beaded necklace on.  I'm sure it was Versace, Hermes, or Cartier....which means he made it himself with supplies from Michael's Arts & Crafts.

• Love 1

The "Actually" guy was making my molars ache the way he kept hitting that word. Kenya cracked me up when JJ smacked him down over something and he uttered that indignant "Ooo!" through pursed lips.

Mr. Actualllaaaaaay (didn't we have a post about vocal fry a couple of days ago?) was just substituting Actuallay for Literallay which as we know is sooo overused-sed-ah **gotta say it for it to make sense***

Kenya was so sparkly that he was 'bout ready to bust off my TV screen. The whole story sounded like they were auditioning for Real Housewives (and Friends) of Atlantah. 

Toaster Strudel, is that a picture of the front seat of your car? Cos I like your dice :)

• Love 3

Mr. Actualllaaaaaay (didn't we have a post about vocal fry a couple of days ago?) was just substituting Actuallay for Literallay which as we know is sooo overused-sed-ah

I thought that maybe he had ackshully watched this show before, knew he'd get his ass ripped for a million "basicllys" so switched to the A-word.

ETA: Teebax, you're right. It was TPC, but this case was even better because the plaintiff whined that the bar pickup was stealing his stuff RIGHT IN FRONT OF HIM. But, the thief apologized so he was invited over for the next 6 days straight.

Starts at 14:12

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UbPoklbCUyQ&list=UUSIjoCRJRAcaDa3ghHIHXnQ

Edited by AngelaHunter
  • Love 1

Ugh, today's rerun had JJ on one of her rants about people's names.  Why the hell is it any business of hers what people call themselves?  I've already ranted (probably on twop) about how she refuses to recognize hyphenated last names and demands that people choose which ONE of their last names she should deign to call them by.  And now today, there was a plaintiff who called himself "Junior", and JJ was all outraged because "Junior" isn't a name.  It reminds me of a teacher I had in third grade who refused to call kids by their nick names.  Heaven forbid she call me Rick.  I had to be Richard.

• Love 1

ItsHelloPattiagain, wanna come for a ride?  I just sprayed it with Axe body spray and I've mapped out an itinerary to the Grand Canyon on my Rand McNally atlas!  Bring your favorite LPs.  I pimped it with a turntable where the radio should be.  You'd know how to replace a transmission if we were stranded on Highway 89A, right?

Mobile Puppy Mill: Who the hell has a 5 yr old un-spayed mongrel bitch to pawn off to this friend, and that friend, and that acquaintance, lets it breed with every un-neutered bastard in the neighborhood, and doesn't take it to the vet, ever?  I'm glad this nearly-feral animal found some sucker to pick up its poop in the park and have its tubes tied.  From the hallterview, it was pretty clear that the plaintiff didn't want the couch-surfing dog back, but rather the negligent friend that kept the 3 little mutts was the one with the interest and wanted the old bitch to have more puppies for her dog hoard.

Pitbulls Make Me Jumpy Too: A torts exams!  JJ had fun giving us all a law lessons.  Defendant was deluded that the plaintiff was suing for "money" since all of it is going to the judgement someone got against her.  Fucking loose pitbulls.  Put these demons on fucking leashes, and muzzle them.  This was a public service announcement. 

Martin Luther King Orphan Massacre:  Sure, the plaintiff wanted to drink to MLK's health an extra day, but I believe the defendants did beat the hell out of her.  The long-braided, foul mouthed uncle should not be allowed near minors.  His paramour did have anger issues.  Bunch of losers.  Think of the children!  That they should have to witness this insanity... the defendant's crocodile tears in the hallterview didn't move me.  Regardless of her wrongs, if you beat the crap out of your sister-in-law, don't expect her to give you "visitation."  Your can put away your violins.

Edited by Toaster Strudel
  • Love 3

Hey folks,

Please stop with the fat shaming.  I'm sure you don't intend to offend anyone, but it is offensive to some and it may hurt some of your fellow member's feelings.

Carry on with the snark but please leave the fat shaming out of it.

As always, if you have any questions, shoot me a PM.

Thanks.

First episode, first case -- that whole story sickened me.  If you can't take care of a dog, take it to a vet, get it fixed, keep it from running away, keep it happy and healthy, then don't get a dog.  Period.  That dog went from one selfish, negligent person to another...no one (except the neighbor who found the dog) gave a crap about that dog or the puppies.  I have no tolerance for people who treat pets like shit.  Oh, and feisty green jacket/yellow pants friend, shutup.  I loved Deneika Reynolds, so prepared with a boombox and a transcript.  I have a pretty good ear for accents, but WTF did this mean (from first dog owner's hallterview)? "You have done very good by the dog, and you deserve."  Huh??  It was proven that she didn't treat the dog well, so the sentence itself (and her attitude when delivering it) looks like she's agreeing with JJ's ruling.  That can't be it...I guess she was deaf to everything that was said, and she believed that she was a good owner.  Stupid ass.  I will JJ never planted an idea about getting one of the puppies.  That woman and her cronies shouldn't even take care of a Chia Pet.  

Dogs, especially pit bulls, not on a leash?  I have no patience.  Latoya acted like there was about 10 minutes between the time the dog spotted something to charge and when he got to the woman (on the car).  I'm glad JJ sniffed that BS from the jump.  

Second episode, first case -- Did Snoop Dogg/Lion's uncle say, "Ma'am you soundin' real cranky"??  HAHAHHA.  He was totally chill when he said it, so I think JJ didn't hear him.  Then, "I ain't trippin' yeah" was his response to "Do you understand, Sir?"  Well, Lodi Dodi, he likes to party.  But Snoop was the only one in the whole family that didn't pull smug faces...the others were non-stop, even that sad-looking witness on Snoop's side.  And I wanted Lakeshia to stop pulling the Single Mom Card.  But JJ put her right on Front Street when she reminded Lakeshia how much she enjoyed those free weekends every month because of the Defendants.  I think those two women got into fisticuffs in the parking lot.  I feel bad for the kids -- they miss out on getting the love of their late father's family.  

• Love 1

I was happy with JJ's ruling on the poor dog that had been shuttled from home to home, but something confused me.  They said that the second woman had had to get the dog chipped in order to keep her on base, so why was it so difficult to track down an owner when the defendant found the dog?

I also wonder if the base requires shots, too.

• Love 1

ItsHelloPattiagain, wanna come for a ride?  I just sprayed it with Axe body spray and I've mapped out an itinerary to the Grand Canyon on my Rand McNally atlas!  Bring your favorite LPs.  I pimped it with a turntable where the radio should be.  You'd know how to replace a transmission if we were stranded on Highway 89A, right?

Grabbin' my vintage copy of SugarHill Gang for the ride - got my snacks (Bugles and Yoohoo) and my highlighter for the atlas. And don't worry about no tranny, my uncle's cousin's babysitter's baby daddy got a transmission in the back of his El Camino that he bought with last year's tax return and a set of chains to drag us out of whatever ditch we're gonna end up in - but I do have quarters for the Vibrating Bed cos we're going to be staying in the hotel-motel-Holiday Inn after the car gets towed. You gots a credit card, right? We can rent a car and I'll just keep it an extra day or 30. You won't mind cos I'm expecting a big settlement cos of twisting my neck at The Walmart last summer. 

• Love 5

I was happy with JJ's ruling on the poor dog that had been shuttled from home to home, but something confused me.  They said that the second woman had had to get the dog chipped in order to keep her on base, so why was it so difficult to track down an owner when the defendant found the dog?

The military bases I lived on required dogs to be chipped and vaccinated. Of course most military assignments are for 15-36 months long and then you move on. So the chip may show an address but the first dog sitter may not have lived there anymore and there was no record of where they went. (Especially if they detached from the military.)

I'm sure she was able to track them down because of the chip, I just don't think the plaintiff gave two fucks about that little dog, if she had she never would have sent it to live with two other people-people who neglected that poor dog, to never get it neutered or take it to the vet in five years should be criminal, I'm glad Brownie got lucky and is now with a family that loves her.

• Love 1

Old case on early this morning:  check-cashing scammer:

Plaintiff gave skeevy defendant her tax refund to direct deposit, but she never got the money.  Defendant produced her bank statements and had a slew of other people's tax refunds deposited.  She was running a mini check cashing operation, except taking the money for herself and her husband.  Then she cleverly closed the account after April 15.  Why-oh-why is this criminal agreeing to go on Judge Judy?

Meanwhile, on yesterday's People's Court they had a very similar check cashing scam!

• Love 2

Ugh, did not like the 67 car lady. She was fine as far as being a large person, relatively pretty in the face, wore her clothes well but I hated the way she held her head up. I don't think it was "I am looking down on you" but just a weird stance

She was definitely not wrapped too tight.

Edited by CuriousParker

I don't like to criticize anyone's appearance as a rule (heck, I'm no oil painting myself), that that tax refund scammer lady looked like an adult survivor of Fetal Alcohol Syndrome. Or something. She worked for three months at a gas station, her husband worked for nine months at Wal-Mart, and she didn't find it unusual that they received half a dozen refunds from the IRS. Right.

Looked like she was pregnant; she already has two young children so I'm surprised JJ didn't give her patented "You need to find something better to do with your time" advice.

Edited by Ouisch
  • Love 1