Type keyword(s) to search

All Episodes Talk: All Rise

Message added by Meredith Quill

Community Manager Note

Official notice that the topic of Sean DeMarco is off limits. If you have 1-on-1 thoughts to complete please take it to PM with each other.

If you have questions, contact the forum moderator @PrincessPurrsALot.  Do not discuss this limit to this discussion in here. Doing so will result in a warning. 

• Start Topic

OK, I was completely charmed by today's Defendant, Anthony Ringering.  And clearly, JJ was just as charmed.  I've never seen her be so interactive with a Defendant and I agreed with her assessment that he was waaaay too sharp of a kid to be wasting away in McDonald's.  I hope he heard her and gives school another thought.  But JJ, you may not like them, but why did Anthony need to lose his earrings?  Earrings do not a thug make.  

Not sure who was telling the truth there.  Anthony was SO insistent that he had nothing to do with the hutch/tv damage that I was inclined to believe him but then the girlfriend had a pretty detailed story about the chair tipping into the hutch.  I would love JJ to do a "Where Are They Now?" kind of followup with some of the more memorable litigants.

• Love 3
21 minutes ago, SuburbanHangSuite said:

But JJ, you may not like them, but why did Anthony need to lose his earrings?  Earrings do not a thug make.  

Unfortunately, no one will hire him in his present incarnation.  Maybe a tattoo shop, or stay part-time at McDonald's.  Maybe when he gets a little more education, and some skills, THEN he can make a statement with his earrings.  Or maybe he is an "aspiring" something-or-other.

• Love 3
3 hours ago, Florinaldo said:

"Stupid people do stupid things for stupid mates". Men do it for women; women do it for women; men do it for men; women do it for men.

Probably true, but on this show, 95 times out of 100, it's women showering marginal/loser/ex-con/unemployed men with money, cars, bikes, bail or anything they want. We are not talking about these things being done for a long-term partner who has hit a rough patch, but for most of them time it's some guy they just met a few weeks or months previously on FB or CL or a prison pen-pal program. I have never had a friend or even heard of any woman I might know of doing such a thing. I have to conclude that the proliferation of "hooking up" online, and falling madly in love to the point where a woman will sacrifice her first-born for the attentions of some sexual predator wearing an ankle bracelet monitor has something to do with this mess.

• Love 1
9 minutes ago, popcornchicken said:

He’s apparently does roofing work now. Looks pretty responsible from his public Facebook page.

Cool!  Thank, popcornchicken!  I'm not on social media in any way so I never think to look for people there because I usually can't "see" their pages.  He seemed like a really nice young man.  I hope roofing is treating him well.

• Love 2
31 minutes ago, SuburbanHangSuite said:

Cool!  Thank, popcornchicken!  I'm not on social media in any way so I never think to look for people there because I usually can't "see" their pages.  He seemed like a really nice young man.  I hope roofing is treating him well.

Yeah, looks like he is doing pretty well.  Good for him!

• Love 3

Rerun from 2012, and JJ is correcting grammar like whoa:

"I was hanging with another female"

JJ: "No. You're a college student? Talk like it. Don't say hanging. Say 'I was friendly', something other than hanging."

"I was associating..." (and it's obvious this is a word in her vocabulary, not the usual litigant trick of trying to use bigger words than they're used to)

JJ: "Perfect!"

• Love 4

Looks like back in 2012, JJ used to spend a whole lot of time trying to correct young people; its a damn shame that she's seen too many of them NOT listen that she has dialed it back.

But some things  don't change - the flyswatter makes a triumphant return!

• Love 8

If I see another Spectrum commercial touting how great they are, I will throw a shoe through my TV. I have episodes from October all recorded and cannot find them. They sort one way: by season. You cannot sort your DVR shows by date recorded. I went through every folder and there are no episodes with an October record date. If I go to Delete Shows, then it shows all of my erasable JJ episodes from newest to oldest and the October episodes show up there. Fuck you, Spectrum.

• Love 9
1 hour ago, configdotsys said:

it shows all of my erasable JJ episodes from newest to oldest and the October episodes show up there. Fuck you, Spectrum.

Gee, I think your DVR problems are worse than mine. I have TPC,  JJ  and now "Hot Bench" set to "Record Series". It has always done this unfailingly with TPC and now with HB . With the 4 consecutive JJs, however, it usually decides it  it won't record one of them, but always skips an ep at a different time, so I never know what will be missing. Last week, it recorded every single ep every single day. Obviously it was luring me into a false sense of security and setting me up, because then it suddenly decided to skip a new ep.  When I furiously went into the menu to reset it, it asked me all innocently, "Do you want to record the series?"  leaving me screaming aloud, 'YES, you sonofabitch!" at a black eletronic box.

11 hours ago, Jamoche said:

Rerun from 2012, and JJ is correcting grammar like whoa:

"I was hanging with another female"

JJ: "No. You're a college student? Talk like it. Don't say hanging. Say 'I was friendly', something other than hanging."

"I was associating..." (and it's obvious this is a word in her vocabulary, not the usual litigant trick of trying to use bigger words than they're used to)

JJ: "Perfect!"

How disappointing when the next words from the college student were, "Me and her went... "

• Love 10
13 minutes ago, AngelaHunter said:

Gee, I think your DVR problems are worse than mine. I have TPC,  JJ  and now "Hot Bench" set to "Record Series". It has always done this unfailingly with TPC and now with HB . With the 4 consecutive JJs, however, it usually decides it  it won't record one of them, but always skips an ep at a different time, so I never know what will be missing. Last week, it recorded every single ep every single day. Obviously it was luring me into a false sense of security and setting me up, because then it suddenly decided to skip a new ep.  When I furiously went into the menu to reset it, it asked me all innocently, "Do you want to record the series?"  leaving me screaming aloud, 'YES, you sonofabitch!" at a black eletronic box.

I feel your pain. My cable box decides on its own to skip recording some JJ episodes and I have the record series, new and repeat episodes, never delete options all on. Worse, there are so many instances of the description not matching the show for repeat episodes. I almost erased Miss Toga of the 2 Fences and the episode with the two teens who threw rocks at cars and the plaintiff wanted the defendant's mom to pay half the restitution because the descriptions for those shows said something else. 

• Love 3
On ‎10‎/‎6‎/‎2017 at 7:34 PM, AngelaHunter said:

Probably true, but on this show, 95 times out of 100, it's women showering marginal/loser/ex-con/unemployed men with money, cars, bikes, bail or anything they want. 

Must tell this - today my husband bought a new jeep.  I co-signed.

The finance person at the dealership had a special paper for me to sign that spells out all the drawbacks to co-signing. 

I told him it was okay, I knew my husband for more than two weeks and I know all the pitfalls because I watch Judge Judy.

Finance person had a big guffaw - my husband looked confused. 

13 hours ago, PsychoKlown said:

Must tell this - today my husband bought a new jeep.  I co-signed.

I assume you have "exhuberant amounts" of credit and that your husband (sic-nificant other) doesn't have arrests/convictions for domestic violence or bank fraud,  isn't on parole, has no warrants and doesn't owe 50K in back child support to a plethora of baby mammas?

You're good to go!

• Love 8
4 hours ago, AngelaHunter said:

I assume you have "exhuberant amounts" of credit and that your husband (sic-nificant other) doesn't have arrests/convictions for domestic violence or bank fraud,  isn't on parole, has no warrants and doesn't owe 50K in back child support to a plethora of baby mammas?

You're good to go!

Should I have asked him that before co-signing? 

2 hours ago, PsychoKlown said:

Should I have asked him that before co-signing?

Well, no - not if you have a burning desire to appear before JJ and stand there with tears squirting from your eyes like bullets as you wail, "But I truuuuusted him!" or "I have a good heart!"

ETA: So I'm always a day late and dollar short lately, but does no one give a damn about the high-pitched plaintiff, who forked over about 7K to... some guy named Kevin, a sloppy, neck-tatted  so-called "landscaper" (can't see him out there, slaving away in the summer heat without dropping dead from heat stroke) to weed, water and hydro-seed his property while plaintiff was in India. Seven THOUSAND dollars, folks! Where can I sign up? Supposedly he earned it in one month of nose-to-the-grindstone work. Turns out he not only did not do that, but took naive (dumb) plaintiff's car home with him. Hey, plaintiff left his keys with Kevin (as we all would do with some anonymous character we just met and who wants our money) so Kevin naturally assumed that meant he could take and use the car. Luckily for silly plaintiff, Kevin managed to avoid wrecking the car.

Woman renting a room in her house, presenting her fake lease with a bunch of crap written in afterwards: Why didn't she just advertise she would rent only to nuns? No smoking, no drinking, no boys and who knows what other restrictions (hands on TOP of the bed covers, please?) she thinks she can place on someone paying money to live in her house.

Edited by AngelaHunter
  • Love 4

OMG.  I am soooo ready to scream at the idiot (former) dog owners!  "My poor 5 kids!!"   Oh, get the hell off my TV.  Holy smokes that's got me going.  Poor Dodger is soooo much better off!

ETA: Ok.  An adult beverage later, and the previews** and I'm all better now.

** JJ:  "You hit her!"

Idiot Def: "I did not!"

JJ: "Then you shouldn't have pled guilty!"  hahahahahaha!!! 

I love Judy. That is all.

Edited by SandyToes
  • Love 8
On 10/8/2017 at 9:32 AM, AngelaHunter said:

You're good to go!

and this is a wild guess, but they probably have at least one checking account between the two of them.

• Love 2
On ‎10‎/‎8‎/‎2017 at 5:41 PM, AngelaHunter said:

Well, no - not if you have a burning desire to appear before JJ and stand there with tears squirting from your eyes like bullets as you wail, "But I truuuuusted him!" or "I have a good heart!"

Not really.  No burning desire.  But I do have a hankering for a weekend away.

20 minutes ago, jilliannatalia said:

and this is a wild guess, but they probably have at least one checking account between the two of them.

Yes.  And not once has he ever asked me to cash a fake 'cashiers check' for $931.52

It's dawning on me what a keeper I have.  I should probably get a tattoo of his name across my chest or better yet, his picture on my chest and his name tattooed around my neck. 

Ain't love grand!!

13 minutes ago, PsychoKlown said:

It's dawning on me what a keeper I have. 

Well, duh. If he's never settled disagreements you have by throwing a lamp at your head, knocking out your front teeth or trashing your car, you indeed have a Prince Charming, by JJ standards. Rejoice!

2 hours ago, SandyToes said:

Yes, double post.  Blame the booze.

I get it. I just saw a bunch of boo-boos in a post I made, and basically I  also blame the booze.  I wonder if I can start getting disability payments for my JJ-induced drinking problem?

• Love 4
2 hours ago, PsychoKlown said:

Not really.  No burning desire.  But I do have a hankering for a weekend away.

Yes.  And not once has he ever asked me to cash a fake 'cashiers check' for $931.52

It's dawning on me what a keeper I have.  I should probably get a tattoo of his name across my chest or better yet, his picture on my chest and his name tattooed around my neck. 

Ain't love grand!!

I'm somewhat appalled that you haven't already tatted his identifying information all over yourself. Do you not know the meaning of gratitude?

• Love 7

I thought Theresa Barksdale took the prize for unsightly above-the-neck tattoos. Nope. We have a new champion: Matthew Rowe. Complete with studs in his cheeks and a memorial to an Erica and Facebook (yes, there’s a Facebook logo there too) on his skull. My heart swoons and my loins are on fire over this clearly high quality specimen.

And what a surprise, he’s a frequent flier at Club Fed! And wait for it, his ex is a well-put together, decent looking lady who loaned him money to buy a Mercedes-Benz, an iPhone and dental work. She fell for him over Facebook Messenger, took him out to dinner (for his birthday) and then they hooked up, a story JJ clearly wanted to hear all the scintillating details of. Their bond was so strong, he jumped through windows just to see her and sneak away from her parents!

On a positive (or a scary note if you are super judgmental like me), not one place but two of them, gave him a job - a strip club and a food distributor. Both of which he got fired from.

To her credit, he claimed that she wanted him to remove his tattoos and clean his life up in the halterview. He responded by head butting her which resulted in her taking out a restraining order on him.

Oh, this is some America.

Edited by popcornchicken
Hart’s don’t swoon. Do’h!
  • Love 12

"It's the troof. We wasn't boo'd up." Oh, god. I can't. What language is that? What planet am I on? You'd think I'd be used to the notion that having a lot of sweaty sex doesn't mean you're involved with someone in any way, but I guess I'm just an old-fashioned curmudgeon.

As for Jessica: Yeah, there's a pawn ticket with her name and her fingerprint on it, but that doesn't mean she pawned the stuff, does it?  Or maybe it does, since all her friends ask her to pawn THEIR stuff for them because none of them have any sort of ID of their own.  She's the thief, and the liar and the idiot, but she manages to make it the fault of her mother and stepfather that her children (single mom of course) were subjected to all kinds of shit and that she went to jail for her crimes. And BTW, she admits her mother and stepdad have helped her a lot and given her money when she needed it. Didn't stop her from stealing from them though. Funny, I remember having very tough times when I was young and on my own. For some reason, the idea of going to my mother's place and stealing shit from her and MY stepfather just never occured to me. I mean, they had diddly-squat, but even if they had something worth stealing I still wouldn't have.

3 hours ago, popcornchicken said:

My hart swoons and my loins are on fire over this clearly high quality specimen.

I know what you mean. I often feel that way when looking at and listening to the prime specimens of masculinity we see here. It tears me apart to know I can never have them, since they always have a long line of women who can't wait to snatch them up, bed them and breed with them. Oh, the pain!

• Love 9

Anyone else get today's episode with the guy who had his entire head/face tatted? I think he forgot to have his lips tatted but dang! Eyebrows, head, chin,.What an unusual specimen of a human. What do these women find attractive about these guys? I like tattoos but there is such a thing as over-tatted and tasteless. 

• Love 8
2 minutes ago, chenoa333 said:

Anyone else get today's episode with the guy who had his entire head/face tatted? I think he forgot to have his lips tatted but dang! Eyebrows, head, chin,.What an unusual specimen of a human. What do these women find attractive about these guys? I like tattoos but there is such a thing as over-tatted and tasteless. 

. . . not to mention pretty much unemployable.

• Love 9
10 minutes ago, Spunkygal said:

He doesn't need a job! There are a plethora of women who delight in dating/boinking/supporting bad boys. 

She has 2-year-old twins . . . almost verbal enough to say, "The man with pictures on his face sleeps with Mommy."  LOL.

• Love 12
21 minutes ago, badhaggis said:

Did any one else catch the hallterview comment from the she bashed my Windows in naked? I swear she said  "my guy will take care of her"

9 minutes ago, Silver Raven said:

I was wondering if she said guy or God.

I had it recorded because we're moving and I can't plan to be at home - and I HATE to miss JJ!  According to the closed captioning, she said, "My God will take care of her."

• Love 1

OK, she's Nicole. Right in the middle of his forehead is "Erica", where you can't help but see it if any bonking is going on. Which would totally put me off said bonking.

Omg, and he's got a chinbeard tat.

• Love 8
24 minutes ago, AZChristian said:

I had it recorded because we're moving and I can't plan to be at home - and I HATE to miss JJ!  According to the closed captioning, she said, "My God will take care of her."

Whew good thank you!

• Love 3

I missed the Illustrated Man today, but that GoGimme page?

Trying to rebuild my life get back on my feet dropped my single with Alan starting school aug 14 trying to get a job have no way around staying with my bestie trying to get my own place a vehicle and start over

Maybe in school he can enter the frickin' wonderful world of punctuation. Or maybe he actually is trying to get his own place a vee-hickle. Who knows?

Edited by AngelaHunter
  • Love 3
2 minutes ago, Spunkygal said:

Move over, ladies. I got this one. I've been looking for a "project."

Well, it doesn't look like you'll have much competition.  $0 donated in two months.  LOL.  

Maybe TLC should start a new "reality" series of people whose lives are changed by gofundme.  

• Love 7
17 minutes ago, AZChristian said:

Well, it doesn't look like you'll have much competition.  $0 donated in two months.  LOL.  

That restores a small piece of my shattered and tattered faith in humanity.  I'm really surprised that some JJ litigant-type "female" hasn't tried to boo him up seeing as he's one of those "high quality specimens" preferred by desperate ladies everywhere.

Matthew may have to look elsewhere for his Mercedes:

• Love 8
13 hours ago, Jamoche said:

OK, she's Nicole. Right in the middle of his forehead is "Erica", where you can't help but see it if any bonking is going on. Which would totally put me off said bonking.

Omg, and he's got a chinbeard tat.

If all those face tattoos themselves don’t put you off the bonking. Eww.

13 hours ago, AZChristian said:

God as a cosmic hit man. Yikes! 

• Love 6

So in this morning's rerun, a son who is renting a house from his father is suing his father for killing his fish and damaging his property when the father dumped out the fish tank when it sprung a leak.  The son was complaining that the father had dumped the water out the window and damaged the wall.  And JJ's response was "So what?  It's his property."  So, is she saying that if I'm renting from somebody they have the right to come to the house I'm renting and destroy it while I'm living there because they own it?

• Love 3
1 hour ago, bad things are bad said:

Ditto. Wonder how many times this guy will be "starting over" in his life...my guess is, a LOT. 

I might be misunderstanding you, but what restores my faith is that no one gave this bum any money! :p

24 minutes ago, Silver Raven said:

And JJ's response was "So what?  It's his property."  So, is she saying that if I'm renting from somebody they have the right to come to the house I'm renting and destroy it while I'm living there because they own it?

I think, and it's JMO, that she means it's like when some idiot (usually a woman) signs for a car for some guy, he dumps her, she vandalizes the car and he sues for the damage. It's her car so if she's dumb enough to damage it, she can. So yeah, if that horrible dad (and I remember him - disgusting pig, dumping live fish -  not that sonny-boy was much better, being too damned stupid and lazy to siphon out a quart of water) wants to cause water damage to his own walls, he can. I'm pretty sure he can't "destroy it" though since no landlord can do something to make a rental unlivable.

• Love 3
17 hours ago, badhaggis said:

Did any one else catch the hallterview comment from the she bashed my Windows in naked? I swear she said  "my guy will take care of her"

Yes!! I heard it and so did millions of other JJ viewers! If anything nefarious happens with "bashed my windows in naked" litigant...I'm pretty sure law enforcement will know where to go to find the perp!

• Love 4

I saw an episode (probably old but I hadn't seen it before) with one of those 100-square-grid football pools where participants choose a square on a grid and pay for it,. Then numbers are drawn and placed on the grid.  Typically the wording on the  grids reads that the rewards go to those holding the squares representing the corresponding  ending digits at the conclusion of the first quarter, second quarter, third quarter, and end of the game. This particular grid with designated prize money was apparently written by someone who hadn't very clearly considered the possible eventualities, and instead read "first quarter," "second quarter," third quarter," with "fourth quarter" instead of "final score."  The fourth quarter of  the 2017 Super Bowl, as many of you may remember,, ended in a 28-28 tie.  The game went to overtime, with the Patriots ultimately winning 34-28.  The operator of the pool was then faced with the decision of to whom to award the money. It was a relatively high-stakes pool - $100 entry fee per square - with each of the first three quarters' winners receiving $2,000, and the 4th-quarter winner or final score winner (take your pick) receiving $4,000.  The woman in charge of the pool awarded the money to the participant holding the square representing the final score. A slight twist was that she was a long-time neighbor and close friend of the person to whom she awarded the money and was barely acquainted with the couple who held the "4th quarter" square. 

My husband actually called me from work because  the show was playing in the waiting from of his office and caught his attention. He actually left a patient waiting while he hid behind a partition to watch the conclusion of the case.  This is a big deal to me because he has always complained about my viewing of court shows and is sure our children will grow up saying "conversate," "I seen him," "tooken," and the rest of the litigant lingo.

I didn't see what state from which these folks came, but I assume such pools must be legal there or none of these people would have exposed themselves either by filing litigation or by opposing it in court. (In California, where I am a member of the bar,  AB 58  (2009) made sports betting pools  in which the person running it doesn't take a cut and the stakes are smaller than $2,500 to be an infraction with a maximum fine of $250. Previously, it was a misdemeanor; the fines weren't always  even $250, but  there was a potential of jail time.  In Utah, where I am also licensed,  a penalty could  be as high as  $1,000 with a six-month jail sentence as well, though it's highly unlikely that the typical small-stakes pool would attract the attention of law enforcement, and prosecution isn't especially zealous.  A pool with a combined pot of ten grand might have caught their attention, though.  One of the plaintiffs tried to interject something about had the $4,000 prize been for "final score" and not for "4th quarter," the pool would have been illegal.  That may or may not have been the case, but JJ didn't want to hear it.  JJ isn't particularly interested in local law, but in this case, if that was actually local law, it was a stupid law and JJ was right to ignore it IMO.

My husband's take is that everybody involved would have known what was actually meant was "final score" and not  "4th quarter score"  even if the poster and any rules or receipts said "4th quarter score" instead, and that the plaintiffs were trying to prevail on a technicality.  (If anything might cause one to attempt to prevail on a technicality, it would probably be the high-stakes prize money awarded in this pool.)  I'm more legalistic by nature than is my husband; to me, if it said "4th quarter," and if the fourth quarter score and the final score were not one and the same, the prize money should have been awarded to the couple holding the corresponding 4th quarter score.  That being said, I personally would have been embarrassed to make much an issue over a ruling in a Super Bowl football pool, but then, the pools at the Super Bowl parties my husband and I attend are for a maximum take of forty dollars as opposed to four thousand dollars.  Obviously, what is a sum of money worth losing one's dignity in arguing over varies from one setting to another. Some of the litigants in JJ's courtroom would have pulled out their knives or pieces of firewood for the purpose of going to battle over the winnings from a pool for which each square cost twenty-five cents.  In other settings, the four-thousand-dollar grand prize would have been considered pocket change.  

I was surprised that JJ missed the opportunity to lecture the parties on the importance of the written rules or policies of any betting pool for which the prize money is such that a legal dispute might conceivably end in litigation being drafted by a person who, at the very least, understands the workings of football and who possesses the ability to use unambiguous language. Hell, at the Super Bowl parties I typically attend, the  few rules are usually scrawled  on the 21-by-28-inch poster board containing the grid, and usually put there by someone who is already over California's legal limit of 0.08.  Regardless, the poster always clearly  states "1st Quarter, 2nd Quarter, 3rd Quarter, and Final Score."   I've never in my life seen a  grid poster with "4th Quarter Score"  written where "Final Score" should be, and I've been attending Super Bowl parties since I was  two months old.

JJ's compromise of awarding half of the prize money to each side was probably a  sane way of resolving a dispute that should never have happened in the first place. Everyone who follows football knows that the fourth quarter can end in a tie.

Regardless of any outcome, this was a landmark case to me because it forced my husband to admit that he paid attention to Judge Judy.

Edited by jilliannatalia
  • Love 8
19 hours ago, stewedsquash said:

Those three girls who staged an intervention? Annoying as hell to me. As was the defendant. 

I got whiffs of an invented case so they could get a trip to California and get enough money to pay for sightseeing.  Just my opinion.

• Love 6