Type keyword(s) to search

All Episodes Talk: All Rise

Message added by Meredith Quill

Community Manager Note

Official notice that the topic of Sean DeMarco is off limits. If you have 1-on-1 thoughts to complete please take it to PM with each other.

If you have questions, contact the forum moderator @PrincessPurrsALot.  Do not discuss this limit to this discussion in here. Doing so will result in a warning. 

• Start Topic

Having just had my brows microbladed, I was trying to figure out what in the hell those litigants were talking about, but I gave up.   And, no, you can't erase them, they're a tattoo. (They're awesome, by the way)

• Love 1
4 hours ago, Giant Misfit said:

I understood her point (I think?) that the school only taught her how to microblade but not how to select the right color to do it to match a variety of skin tones. That said, that's all I understood and am not inclined to believe her particularly when she was claiming someone at the school "erased" her microbladed eyebrows when that's kinda highly unlikely. 

Maybe they taught color matching on the first day while she was at work?

• Love 3
4 hours ago, Giant Misfit said:

ETA: Yesterday I saw a number of web sites with stories about the "Baby Boy" episode of JJ. That case is nearly three years old. Did the Internet just catch up on that?

I just saw that on Google News and thought that was a new case!  I was actually looking forward to seeing that pop up in New episodes.  Good to know that I'd be waiting forever.

• Love 1
17 hours ago, WaitForMe said:

Direct TV also.  What's wrong with poop?  I've heard worse!

We can listen to a sordid tale of two hospital workers performing yucky sexual acts in public (really disgusting too) but cannot hear a word? Poop? Remember they bleeped out JJ? Three times! Once for "crap"  once for "piss" and the other time for "shtup." I was really surprised when they let, "I don't give a rat's ass" get by.

On AMC's The Walking Dead you can hear prick, screw, pussy, piss, shit and dick/motherdick, but not fuck - ever. Thank goodness. I"m sure we'd all clutch our pearls and pass out in horror if we heard that word while watching mass murder, guts being torn out and eaten, heads smashed to paste with a baseball bat, throats being slashed and a little girl lying bloodied and dead.  

• Love 6
48 minutes ago, Hockeymom said:

I'm watching the "House of Stolen Cards" episode. Is that Amy Schumer in the front row?

Yes, Hockeymom. I came here to see if anyone else noticed. Her reactions were cracking me up.

• Love 6

I am astounded that she dismissed the case of the stolen cards.  Antwone CERTAINLY stole those cards and tried to sell them!  He was snickering and mocking!  How did she believe the thief???  Good grief, JJ, retire already!

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Brattinella said:

I am astounded that she dismissed the case of the stolen cards.  Antwone CERTAINLY stole those cards and tried to sell them!  He was snickering and mocking!  How did she believe the thief???  Good grief, JJ, retire already!

If she understood the concept of baseball cards, she ought to be able to understand that some of them are rare and more valuable; you can't just buy another package of Topps and replace what you lost.

The second case is redeeming the episode, though - the classic Look she gives the def when he gives her a receipt with May scribbled out and replaced with January, "because the hotel couldn't give me the receipt for those dates". Because those were the only dates they could find that he stayed there. Gosh, I wonder why.

Edited by Jamoche
  • Love 8

In the past JJ has demonstrated that there are some things she knows nothing about, and has no interest in learning, and is the last person you'd want to see sitting in judgement. Collectible cars, sporting equipment, firearms of any kind... forget taking it on her show, she has no idea what they're worth and isn't interested in finding out. Can't you just see some dude going on suing because his 67 mustang was dented, she'd scoff and ask Bird if his book goes back that far. Uh, a few years ago a 67 mustang sold at auction for a cool million (the Eleanor Shelby from the movie, Gone). As far as guns, to her a rifle is a rifle, whether a BB gun, a highly accurate target rifle with top of the line optics, or a rare big dollar hunting rifle, they're all the same, and she doesn't care, and sometimes won't even listen to expert witnesses. Trying to remember, there was a case where I seem to remember an animal control officer making the trip to testify, and JJ couldn't be bothered - probably a special lunch that day.

Anyway, today when hearing the woodworking case, it was obvious she had no idea WTH the tools in question were. A tablesaw, the plaintiff came to court over a SAW? Actually, what he provided, just pictures printed off the web, was priced pretty reasonable. Everything he showed was in the 2-300 dollar range - professional grade stuff would add a zero bringing the value into the thousands of dollars for top quality stuff. Course, it could go the other way, too... quicky google search and I found a cheap little saw under $45 - sure it's little and only has a 4"blade, but it says right on the ad it's a tablesaw - and it comes with an extra blade! Guess it didn't matter, as she ordered the return of his tools, not a dollar amount. (Anybody have any idea what defendant meant in the hallterview when she claims he just wanted to get back at someone who was helping others? Seemed like he WAS the only one helping others - namely her. Who was she helping?)

Same thing with the card case. She had no idea what those guys were talking about. Hey, I don't either on that one. I agree, defendant may well have stole them. Problem is plaintiff and his witness couldn't have done a better job sabotaging their case if they tried. I think plaintiff had totally forgot telling the police he saw defendant looking in his bag. He left that out that when testifying, but then when called out said it was because he was half asleep... but when talking to the cops he was awake enough to tell the cops what time defendant was going through the bag. I agree with Judy here, if he really saw defendant going through his bags he would have included that in the testimony. So, really hurt his credibility, and credibility was everything in this case where both litigants and the witness came across as smart ass punks with nothing better to do than fight over some game - remember, I already said I have no idea WTH they were fighting over.... reminded me of the boys on the Big Bang taking a road trip because some guy stole some computer game something or other from Sheldon. Boys failed in their recovery mission, then Penny goes and makes the computer thief give Sheldon whatever the hell it was.

Edited by SRTouch
  • Love 7

Regarding woodworking case: Usually, she won't accept pics or prices off the internet. Show me receipts for the equipment, you hustlah! Also, I wish she had asked plaintiff what basement work was being done and who was doing it. If plaintiff was doing it, since it took so long I assumed he was doing it, didn't he need the equipment he loaned to defendant to do the job. Or, after pausing and reading defendant's text to plaintiff, maybe I misinterpreted what "woodworking" meant and maybe it had nothing to do with actual lumber harvested from trees. Yeah, you know what I mean. A different type of wood.

• Love 2
46 minutes ago, Spunkygal said:

Regarding woodworking case: Usually, she won't accept pics or prices off the internet. Show me receipts for the equipment, you hustlah!

But there was something else at work with this one, that was not shared with the audience.  She came down hard all over the def, about the "perks of coming on the show" being withheld - I don't recall her EVER talking about specifics like that.  Yeah, she gripes about the free airfare and nice dinner, but she seemed to be really laying it on thick with this gal.  Again, wish we had one of those "pop up video"-type things with hidden tidbits.

Yugioh cards. Heh. My son speaks fluent Yugioh.

• Love 5
8 minutes ago, SandyToes said:

But there was something else at work with this one, that was not shared with the audience.  She came down hard all over the def, about the "perks of coming on the show" being withheld - I don't recall her EVER talking about specifics like that.  Yeah, she gripes about the free airfare and nice dinner, but she seemed to be really laying it on thick with this gal.  Again, wish we had one of those "pop up video"-type things with hidden tidbits.

Yugioh cards. Heh. My son speaks fluent Yugioh.

I know!  She was very specific!  I suspect the def. was saying things like: "Yeah, I'm not doing that." and refusing to abide by her contract with the Judge Judy Show.  I LOVED that!

I DO remember once she asked the litigant if they didn't want the show paying his airfare back home.  He minded his ps and qs after that :)

Edited by Brattinella
  • Love 4

Regarding woodworking case: Usually, she won't accept pics or prices off the internet. Show me receipts for the equipment, you hustlah!

But she had already made up her mind she wasn't giving him the money, she just wanted to see what the stuff was and whether it took up a lot of room, so he would have to move it out as he said he did.  I want to know what was in the text messages!

• Love 1

I was curious what KBB would say for a '67 Mustang, but they only go back to 92. Which is enough to check my '95 Miata, and their own site gives evidence that they're useless for classics: the calculator comes in at $4K, but their "find one for sale" results start at $6K and go up.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, Spunkygal said:

Regarding woodworking case: Usually, she won't accept pics or prices off the internet. Show me receipts for the equipment, you hustlah! Also, I wish she had asked plaintiff what basement work was being done and who was doing it. If plaintiff was doing it, since it took so long I assumed he was doing it, didn't he need the equipment he loaned to defendant to do the job. Or, after pausing and reading defendant's text to plaintiff, maybe I misinterpreted what "woodworking" meant and maybe it had nothing to do with actual lumber harvested from trees. Yeah, you know what I mean. A different type of wood.

Nah, my focus in my earlier post was his tablesaw because that was what JJ focused on. IIRC the other two big items were a jointer and planer. Pretty much useless tools if he was finishing out his basement workshop by putting up drywall or painting (or maybe putting soundproof insulation in the ceiling - those suckers are loud), but a jointer and planer are considered sort of foundation/must have tools for fine woodworking when you're taking dimensional lumber and making fine furniture or cabinetry instead of using  plywood

http://www.thewoodwhisperer.com/articles/which-comes-first-planer-or-jointer/

Edited by SRTouch
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, Brattinella said:

They were Yu-gi-o cards, and therefore beneath her.  So she didn't care.

• Love 6
5 hours ago, Brattinella said:

I wasn't sure who to believe.  Plaintiff said that defendant took the 5 a.m. bus the morning after, which he thought was suspicious -- it's an odd time to be getting up and going home.  Then he said that he saw defendant going through his bag at around 6 a.m. 

In that phony renters insurance case, what I found hard to believe was that the plaintiff had a $5K tax refund -- two years in a row -- from an entry-level job -- and that she cashed those refund checks and gave them to the church for rent.  Nuh uh. 

• Love 3
16 minutes ago, AuntiePam said:

I wasn't sure who to believe.  Plaintiff said that defendant took the 5 a.m. bus the morning after, which he thought was suspicious -- it's an odd time to be getting up and going home.  Then he said that he saw defendant going through his bag at around 6 a.m. 

Sure 'nuf, I missed that, but you're right. Like I said, defendant may well have been the thief, but plaintiff (and his witness) blew the case. I thought the witness was hilarious, claiming defendant admitted he stole the cards, but when pressed about where the admission took place he had no answer, just  "in the neighborhood" "Where in the neighborhood?" JJ asks, "well, you know, just in the neighborhood".  Nope, I was with JJ here, too, didn't believe a word coming from him.

Edited by SRTouch
  • Love 1
2 minutes ago, Trini said:

Are all these new episodes this week the start of the new season? The scheduling can be weird for this show.

Yep, scheduling can be strange, but I think there's a method to the madness. They show new episodes for awhile to build back the audience before sweeps, then after a while start in with reruns after sweeps with the occasional new one to keep us hoping, then more new stuff again building up to sweeps. Seems to work well, as enough new stuff is show to keep me watching pretty much year round, while the hour long TPC and Judge Mathis lose me with the longer stretch between new cases.

Oops, probably should not be in this forum about the daily fare, but what the hey...

• Love 2

Oh, Byrd. You're such a card!

I haven't seen the episode yet, but I assume JJ didn't acknowledge her presence in the court? The only other time I remember a "celeb" bring present in the gallery was some football coach (?) and JJ gave him a shout out from the bench...I think.

Screen Shot 2017-08-18 at 7.25.34 AM.png

11 hours ago, Spunkygal said:

Or, after pausing and reading defendant's text to plaintiff, maybe I misinterpreted what "woodworking" meant and maybe it had nothing to do with actual lumber harvested from trees. Yeah, you know what I mean. A different type of wood.

I haven't even seen this case and I am in stitches over this.

7 hours ago, AuntiePam said:

Plaintiff said that defendant took the 5 a.m. bus the morning after, which he thought was suspicious -- it's an odd time to be getting up and going home.  Then he said that he saw defendant going through his bag at around 6 a.m. 

IIRC, in totally circumstantial cases where a case may be decided on credibiilty alone, a plaintiff who lies immediately loses all credibility = usually loses case.

12 hours ago, Jamoche said:

he gives her a receipt with May scribbled out and replaced with January, "because the hotel couldn't give me the receipt for those dates".

That was actually noteworthy on the "chutzpah" scale. Usually scamming liars at least try to white something out, or copy and paste new dates and then print them out... not here! Take a big ol' black pen and just scribble out the original dates and print new ones under it. Yes, I'm surprised that was not acceptable.

• Love 5
42 minutes ago, SandyToes said:

Perhaps the world's most boring new cases Friday?  Yawn.

Yeah, in two cases on two episodes there were litigants of older cranky men. I couldn't believe the one case where the two old goats just couldn't.let.it.go. The D has a lifetime protection order against P yet continues to taunt and throw crap as close to P's property as he can. I bet D's wife is beyond fed up with all the grudge hate.

• Love 10
On 8/16/2017 at 6:36 PM, SandyToes said:

Cracked up today every time the announcer introduced "Flim Flam Flanagan."  I SWEAR that was what he was saying! 

Watched Flim Flam Flanagan today (thank you SandyToes. I cracked up all day after reading that and throughout the episode) followed by the weird case of the two guys with the 7 year feud going on. What was interesting during that case was there was some odd seating changes with Blonde Angelina throughout the episode. In one shot, she was over the left shoulder of the defendant and in others she was over his right shoulder. He did not move from his position. Not sure if they take breaks during the cases but it was odd that this switching was happening pretty frequently.

I have no idea who Amy Schumer is. What is her claim to fame? I read online that she is a stand up comedian but didn't see anything earth shattering. I ask because I seem to see her name everywhere these days. As you can see, I don't follow comedy or watch movies or anything. My TV watching is limited to a few shows only and sports.

Edited by configdotsys
gave a shoutout
  • Love 3
42 minutes ago, configdotsys said:

Watched Flim Flam Flanagan today (thank you SandyToes. I cracked up all day after reading that and throughout the episode) followed by the weird case of the two guys with the 7 year feud going on. What was interesting during that case was there was some odd seating changes with Blonde Angelina throughout the episode. In one shot, she was over the left shoulder of the defendant and in others she was over his right shoulder. He did not move from his position. Not sure if they take breaks during the cases but it was odd that this switching was happening pretty frequently.

I have no idea who Amy Schumer is. What is her claim to fame? I read online that she is a stand up comedian but didn't see anything earth shattering. I ask because I seem to see her name everywhere these days. As you can see, I don't follow comedy or watch movies or anything. My TV watching is limited to a few shows only and sports.

She is Chuckie's daughter.

Whoops!  She is his cousin.

Edited by Brattinella
  • Love 1

So the case of the *old man fight* pissed me off. First of all, both of them can walk and talk and see and hear, yet the only thing that seems to be important to them is feuding with the neighbour. Second, I just bet anything that Orville is not nearly so meek, mild and soft-spoken when doing battle with the def. out on the street, since he has a lifetime(!) restraining order against him. The def. is sneaky little passive-aggressive liar who expects anyone with connected brain cells to believe he thows food for the birds out into the middle of the street. Insufferable assholes, both of them. Both of them need to be forced to spend a few days hanging around a palliative care unit and maybe that would knock some sense into their solid bone heads, but I doubt it.

• Love 9

The dueling seniors case pissed me off. I can't even imagine the energy it takes to feud with someone for 20 years. 20 years. I can't even be mad at people for that long because I just want to live a peaceful life and not have the added stress of going to war with someone on a daily basis. Who can live like that?! (Answer: assholes.) 

That was most certainly a case where JJ's "a-MOVE!" should have been applied. 

3 hours ago, Giant Misfit said:

I just want to live a peaceful life and not have the added stress of going to war with someone on a daily basis. Who can live like that?!

Not just "can", but "want to.' I can't imagine brawling in the street with my neighbours, but I fully believe these two and others like them enjoy it. Some people thrive on chaos. I just wish we had a video of plaintiff assaulting def and his family.

• Love 1

Was someone handing out stupid pills to all the litigants today? (At least, I think they were all today's cases, but maybe not) I swear I lost brain cells listening to them. Christina Bequette, with her falling-down old dump, wanting the dim-witted def to pay her 5K for whatever he did to said dump, when nothing short of a bulldozer could make it look any worse than it did? OMG, that woman was so irritating I wanted to throw something at her.

Then we had goofy looking plaintiff and her Howdy Doody boyfriend. SHE was suing racoon-eyed def, who works as waitress and was living in a hotel for 1300$/mth, for all kinds of shit - broken bed, purloined sheets and towels, etc -  after she let def move in with her. Def was squirting crocodile tears in the hall, whining that she thought def just wanted to help her and in def's mind that meant supporting her.

Oddball, gabby plaintiff suing creepy def with her perma-grin for his woodworking tools: I couldn't understand most of what she said, but it was kind of amusing that her text said he only wanted the tools back because she wouldn't fuck him. Hahaha!

Then we had a woman who is too lazy to put on eyeliner so decided to find someone online who would tattoo her eyelids(!!). Yeah, I'd walk into someone's home and let them start working on my eyelids with needles. Whatever. Def. was the dumbest of all today. She could not shut up and everything she said sounded beyond stupid. I was a little surprised to hear that she's a grandma, but I guess non-intelligence runs in the family and they start breeding ASAP because they don't know how to not do that. Plaintiff is very lucky that the worst that happened was a case of pinkeye.

I don't care how much JJ makes. Just listening to this gang of misfits today and trying to figure out what the hell they were raving about is deserving of any amount of money.

• Love 6

@AngelaHunter, honey! The most shocking thing in your post is that you are surprised that eyelid tattoo hustlah is a granny! Yeah, she looks maybe 32, but she had her pup at 16. (Just guessing based on my many years of JJ.) and who wouldn't go to someone's home for tatting? I'm all about saving a few bucks, hygiene be damned! I'll even bring the alcohol wipes.

• Love 5
4 hours ago, Brattinella said:

Does anyone know who the older blonde lady is,  behind the def. Villegas?  She looks SO familiar!

She did look familiar, but they all do after a while. I'm always calling my husband in to ask if we know these people!

• Love 4

Not only did plaintiff go to defendant's house for an EYE tattoo. According to the defendant, she told the plaintiff that she had never actually done it before and plaintiff still went through with it. It being getting a tattoo. On her EYE.

• Love 7
11 minutes ago, NYCFree said:

Not only did plaintiff go to defendant's house for an EYE tattoo. According to the defendant, she told the plaintiff that she had never actually done it before and plaintiff still went through with it. It being getting a tattoo. On her EYE.

In somebody's HOUSE.  With a pink-eye kid running around.  Doy!

• Love 7
11 hours ago, Spunkygal said:

and who wouldn't go to someone's home for tatting?

On your eye! One slip of the needle (or a bump from running-around pink-eye kid) and you could be blinded - but, hey - you'll have saved a few bucks on the procedure so it's not a total loss.

• Love 8

I half expected Judy to rule the other way, taking the "It was in  her HOUSE, AND she made you sign a form acknowledging this was her first time, AND you did it anyway!" road.  Sometimes she plays the, "you should have known better" card.   I'm guessing its another one where the def's response included some sort of nonsense that ticked her off, so she ruled for Plaintiff.  Based on what the Def was spouting, I say that's likely. Plus, it was pink-eye.

Blech. 

Idiot motorcycle case defendant - she looked about 12, and acted like it, too. Hustlah!

Edited by SandyToes
  • Love 2