Type keyword(s) to search

All Episodes Talk: All Rise

Message added by Meredith Quill

Community Manager Note

Official notice that the topic of Sean DeMarco is off limits. If you have 1-on-1 thoughts to complete please take it to PM with each other.

If you have questions, contact the forum moderator @PrincessPurrsALot.  Do not discuss this limit to this discussion in here. Doing so will result in a warning. 

• Start Topic

(edited)

Was this the guy who was winning, until they showed the video that shows the bicycling guy running a red light?

ETA:  Nope, not that case. Just saw today's.  Different altogether. Both were kinda icky.

Edited by SandyToes
  • Love 2
14 hours ago, Brattinella said:

Oh man, today's rerun is the smug, bicycling guy who lied from the beginning and was "hit" by a car.  I just LOATHE wienie-heads!  They are SO much better than YOU, you who drive a smog-machine!  Wienie-heads flout the law all the time, and they STILL get a pass! GRR!

So glad I'm. It alone in my loathing of douchy bicyclists. 

I got a rerun with some smug slumlord and her ponytailed husband from Apple Valley, CA suing a former 7-year tenant for a new microwave because she didn't clean the old one. OMG lady! Buy a new one...they're $90 at Kmart!!! 

22 hours ago, Brattinella said:

Oh man, today's rerun is the smug, bicycling guy who lied from the beginning and was "hit" by a car.  I just LOATHE wienie-heads!  They are SO much better than YOU, you who drive a smog-machine!  Wienie-heads flout the law all the time, and they STILL get a pass! GRR!

Plenty of drivers also flout the laws, and they are much more likely to kill someone than a cyclist.  You just notice it more because you see more cars.

If we saw the same case, I don't think the cyclist was lying at all.  We have bike crosswalks in my area like in the picture and you are absolutely allowed to ride your bike across them.  His pictures showed it as marked for bikes/pedestrians, not just pedestrians, which is what he claimed.

• Love 3

I just watched the house/pet sitting ep. For some reason I couldn't stand the plaintiff. It seems everyone and his brother has keys to her house, but she wants to blame def. for everything that went wrong, including her cats peeing on the carpet. I bet her husband took that job in Saudi Arabia just to get away from her. Maybe def's g/f did take her fake diamond earrings, or maybe her grandchild or the neighbour did. Who knows?

The widow who took her friend on all kinds of trips and blew the last dime left to her on a house it seems she can't afford - I don't who was right or wrong ( which is why I'm not a judge), but personally I wouldn't count on someone who has 3 kids and only one person working in the household to pay me back. I don't think she expected to be paid back until she found herself in financial straits. To too many people, 150K seems like riches, but these days it certainly is not.

• Love 1

Also couldn't stand the house-sitting plaintiff.  I noticed that her daughter smiled fondly when JJ mentioned her children but wasn't smiling a minute later when JJ said that they could've been the ones who stole their grandma's stuff.  Defendant seemed desperately happy to have her out of his life.  He may be jumping the gun.  I can see that woman still hounding him post-verdict.

The youngish widow not only took her friend on all those trips and bought a house, she also said she took a year and a half off of work after her husband died.   I don't know how far she thought $150K was going to stretch.  I also couldn't tell whether she was grieving the death or celebrating it--that's a lot of vacations to take--immediately after the death (and while he was still dying!)-- when you're in mourning.  Maybe it's just me.

• Love 3
19 minutes ago, Mondrianyone said:

that's a lot of vacations to take--immediately after the death (and while he was still dying!)-- when you're in mourning.  Maybe it's just me.

It's not just you.

21 minutes ago, Mondrianyone said:

I don't know how far she thought $150K was going to stretch.

We know that at present times, that might last 3 or so years if you're careful. But to some people, getting that lump sum is like winning a lottery and they think it will last forever. Maybe trips to Disneyworld - and never mind quitting work for 1 1/2 years to... do what? -(I happen to think that a job is what saves many grieving people but that's just me)  is what some people need to overcome their grief. I don't judge, but I've seen too many people blowing an inheritance or insurance money. Whatever def owned plaintiff is not going to make much of a difference in her life.

• Love 3

I haven't gone back to read this entire thread from the beginning, so if this has been covered to death already, please forgive me!

This has been bugging me for a while now. Why is Officer Byrd so miserable? All the time!! He walks over to retrieve evidence from a litigant like it's some huge imposition. I've seen turtles move faster. He is downright rude to people. I'm sure it's exhausting to repeatedly tell litigants to stay behind the microphone and not to approach the judge. If that's the problem, couldn't they just make them sign something before taping acknowledging this protocol?

It looks like he has a pretty sweet deal to me. If she's making millions, he has to be doing well. He just always looks so cranky!

• Love 9
33 minutes ago, Hockeymom said:

This has been bugging me for a while now. Why is Officer Byrd so miserable? All the time!!

That's what we love about him! He's been listening to and dealing with low-lifes, liars, druggies, child abusers and every other form of scuzzball imaginable for probably 25 years. That's bound to make anyone get a little jaded. Personally, I love it when he strolls over and snatches papers from litigants' hands. I love it even more when he takes it upon himself to go over and open a can of verbal whoop-ass on some wannabe-wiseguy, tells someone to "Shut up" or breaks up fights after the cases. I love that he's not an actor, but a real bailiff.

• Love 13

I chuckle because it looks like he's annoyed that he has to stop working his crossword puzzles to go pick up papers, etc.  I'm pretty sure that if JJ had a problem with his attitude, she wouldn't have recommended him for the job.  They worked together in the real court system.

• Love 9

Byrd loves his job and his boss.  Even if they made the litigants swear, the foolish, want-my-fifteen-minutes-of-fame, ignorant,  lying poseurs would STILL behave like a horse's behind.  I think Byrd is quite lovable!

• Love 8
Just now, AZChristian said:

I chuckle because it looks like he's annoyed that he has to stop working his crossword puzzles to go pick up papers, etc.  I'm pretty sure that if JJ had a problem with his attitude, she wouldn't have recommended him for the job.  They worked together in the real court system.

Yep, he and JJ both get grumpy when litigants act up. I like him for a couple reasons. First, unlike some of the "pretend" bailiffs, he actually had a career doing this. There have been times when he steps in to stop a problem before it gets out of hand, as I imagine he would have in an actual courtroom. The other thing I like, even though he gets grumpy, he isn't obnoxious about it - unlike JJ who sometimes goes off and leaves me wondering what set her off. Far as I know, only he and Sonja, from Hot Bench, actually did the job in real life. I'm not sure how long Sonja worked as a courtroom bailiff, but she had a law enforcement career and worked in administration in the the LA County court system according to her bio.

• Love 6
12 minutes ago, AZChristian said:

They worked together in the real court system.

I know. And I, too, love that he's a real bailiff, not an actor. I'm thinking that his salary now is way above the previous pay grade. If I was making what he is, I wouldn't be "strolling"  or  "snatching". I'd be skipping!! I tried to find his salary, and in the process discovered that we have the same birthday!

• Love 8

Well, I've noticed that even Douglas on the People's Court may step lively but is starting to get a little snarky, joining JM in sneering at litigants and I believe he IS an actor. After 25 years of litigants he'll probably just stroll too.

But yeah, as for Byrd's snarkiness - if you have JJ telling you to "be nice" you may need an attitude adjusment. haha.

• Love 4

Quick google search on bailiffs:

Hot Bench - real law enforcement background

People's Court - actor (Judge Milian was quoted once as saying that Douglas is "mighty fine")

Judge Judy - real law enforcement background

Judge Alex - real law enforcement background

Judge Faith - real law enforcement background

• Love 3
22 hours ago, Mondrianyone said:

The youngish widow not only took her friend on all those trips and bought a house, she also said she took a year and a half off of work after her husband died.   I don't know how far she thought $150K was going to stretch.  I also couldn't tell whether she was grieving the death or celebrating it--that's a lot of vacations to take--immediately after the death (and while he was still dying!)-- when you're in mourning.  Maybe it's just me.

I became a widow very suddenly 14 months ago at 50. It was out of the blue, and I cannot even fathom taking a vacation. Hell, I'm not even accepting invites to go out with friends yet. Or, sometimes I will and just before I'm ready to leave, I well up and fall apart and cancel. Thank goodness for understanding friends. A slice of chocolate mousse cake that used to be heaven to me is not even enjoyable. The hell that I am in is something I would not wish on anyone. How this lady would take vacations and go on a spending spree is beyond me. I know we handle things differently but wow.

• Love 13
(edited)
1 hour ago, configdotsys said:

I became a widow very suddenly 14 months ago at 50. It was out of the blue, and I cannot even fathom taking a vacation. Hell, I'm not even accepting invites to go out with friends yet. Or, sometimes I will and just before I'm ready to leave, I well up and fall apart and cancel. Thank goodness for understanding friends. A slice of chocolate mousse cake that used to be heaven to me is not even enjoyable. The hell that I am in is something I would not wish on anyone. How this lady would take vacations and go on a spending spree is beyond me. I know we handle things differently but wow.

@configdotsys, sincere best wishes to you as you deal with your grief and as you try to find whatever a new normal is for you. If you haven't done so, I highly recommend grief counseling. It sure helped us when my dad died suddenly when he was 60 (that was many years ago). Yes, everyone handles it differently and it takes time to work through things. I hope things get better for you soon. 

I want to add that I dumped my then BF because he felt three months of grief was enough! "Snap out of it!" was his so very helpful advice. Don't let anyone else set a timeline for you.

Edited by Spunkygal
  • Love 14
(edited)
1 hour ago, configdotsys said:

Handling grief is one of the hardest things you can face.  Take your time.  Your friends will be there when you're ready. 

Edited by momtoall
  • Love 9
9 hours ago, configdotsys said:

I'm so sorry for your struggle and sadness, configdotsys.  I don't want to be presumptuous, because I've never been where you are now, and I hope not to be for a very long time.  But if you can, try to let your friends back into your life.  Even the most loyal people can grow tired of being pushed away, and eventually they stop asking.  I would hate for you to make your grief a permanent condition.  If I knew you were nearby, I'd take you out to lunch myself.  Counseling is an excellent idea.  So is a bit of faking it till you make it.  I have been there.

I wish you peace and the possibility of joy again in the future.

• Love 7
17 hours ago, configdotsys said:

I became a widow very suddenly 14 months ago at 50.

I am so sorry. Fourteen months is really not that long, especially since it was sudden.  With a prolonged illness, you have time to wrap your mind around it. You can say what you need to say, hold them tight, and then start to let go. Even then, grief hits out of the blue.

This is hit you all at once. Take all the time you need. Everyone who loves you will understand.

The best advice I ever got was simple. A good friend told me to just embrace the grief. Don't try to socialize. Don't slap on a smile. Don't reassure everyone you're fine. Don't distract yourself. And especially, don't expect to heal on a schedule. Just sit with the grief until you are so sick of feeling bad, that you start to feel better.

I wish you all the best. Again, I am so sorry for your loss.

• Love 14
2 hours ago, Hockeymom said:

With a prolonged illness, you have time to wrap your mind around it.

It may seem that way, but it's not. There's no way to admit and face the fact you are going to lose the most important person in your life. If you did, you couldn't go on.  As my mother always said, "Where there's life, there's hope." So true.  You can't say goodbye to someone living. Hopes of miracles are always in the back of your mind.

It's all so very complicated.

• Love 4
On ‎3‎/‎4‎/‎2017 at 5:25 PM, AngelaHunter said:

I just watched the house/pet sitting ep. For some reason I couldn't stand the plaintiff. It seems everyone and his brother has keys to her house, but she wants to blame def. for everything that went wrong, including her cats peeing on the carpet. I bet her husband took that job in Saudi Arabia just to get away from her. Maybe def's g/f did take her fake diamond earrings, or maybe her grandchild or the neighbour did. Who knows?

The widow who took her friend on all kinds of trips and blew the last dime left to her on a house it seems she can't afford - I don't who was right or wrong ( which is why I'm not a judge), but personally I wouldn't count on someone who has 3 kids and only one person working in the household to pay me back. I don't think she expected to be paid back until she found herself in financial straits. To too many people, 150K seems like riches, but these days it certainly is not.

I was torn on the house sitting ep.  On one hand, she was stupid to not lock things up that had value - sentimental or not.  On the other hand, I would be upset if someone I had used before in the past and trusted brought people in to the house without asking me first.  Plaintiff was a moron though - agreed on that front.

Mr. Funky and I were discussing the widow ep.  We thought about a few things:  1)  That $150,000 could have been left over after burial expenses, etc.  2)  She said she was a 911 dispatcher - that's a high-burnout job and would also be a government job, so perhaps there was some sort of paid leave she was able to tap into for at least part of that long time she was off.  3)  One of the trips - the one where the person actually agreed to pay for it - was taken before her husband passed.  4)  We agreed that buying a house was silly, but perhaps they already owned one, and she sold it because she wanted a change of scenery, and put the proceeds of that sale toward a new house.  5)  Someone could have done a "Go Fund Me" for her.  I wish we had been given more information.  But still, the defendant was a bit of a butt-head for continuing to go, and take her whole family along, knowing her situation.

On ‎3‎/‎4‎/‎2017 at 3:38 PM, quarkuud said:

Plenty of drivers also flout the laws, and they are much more likely to kill someone than a cyclist.  You just notice it more because you see more cars.

If we saw the same case, I don't think the cyclist was lying at all.  We have bike crosswalks in my area like in the picture and you are absolutely allowed to ride your bike across them.  His pictures showed it as marked for bikes/pedestrians, not just pedestrians, which is what he claimed.

Many cyclists are decent, but I view them the same way I view motorcyclists, and it's that there are quite a number of bad apples giving them all a bad name.  Agreed that some car drivers do stupid stuff, but I am forever seeing bicyclists completely ignoring the rules of the road (blowing stop signs, riding on the wrong side of the road, weaving between stopped cars, driving on sidewalks, etc), and it makes me a nervous wreck.  Motorcyclists aren't much better - a number are decent, but a fair amount (many who drive "crotch rockets") go too fast, treat residential streets like they're a race track, weave between stopped cars, drive up the berm, etc.  And we won't get started on joggers being on the wrong side of the road, running with headphones on, not stopping at stop signs, etc.

• Love 5
(edited)

3 HOURS AGO, HOCKEYMOM SAID:

With a prolonged illness, you have time to wrap your mind around it.

ANGELAHUNTER SAID:

It may seem that way, but it's not. There's no way to admit and face the fact you are going to lose the most important person in your life. If you did, you couldn't go on.  As my mother always said, "Where there's life, there's hope." So true.  You can't say goodbye to someone living. Hopes of miracles are always in the back of your mind.

It's all so very complicated.

It depends on the people involved as well as the extent of the illness. There are plenty of pragmatic people who recognize that no miracle is coming and are accepting of death, especially if the illness is particularly bad and/or the person dying is accepting what is coming.  I have experienced both and seen people react both ways to spouses and parents' impending deaths.

None of them went off on multiple vacations, however.  

My family tends to spend money we inherit on something big. It started way back when my mom got an inheritance from an uncle and bought an expensive dining room set that we otherwise couldn't afford. I spent inheritance from my mom's brother on a bigger wedding some years ago and my sister bought a boat.  More recently, an inheritance from my dad paid for my brother's  trip to Disney with his family and my family's trip to Hawaii.  However, we didn't do this right away.  It was some time after and we all kept our jobs and lived life as before.  And it is a nice way to remember him.  We called it our Memorial vacation in honor of him. 

I haven't seen the show, but it could be possible that the wife did not want to be alone, especially in the house she shared with the husband and that is why she was off vacationing so much.  But I gather from everyone that she presents herself as more of a black widow partying it up?  I'll have to watch later and decide for myself.

Edited by ElleMo
  • Love 1
30 minutes ago, funky-rat said:

We thought about a few things:  1)  That $150,000 could have been left over after burial expenses, etc.  2)  She said she was a 911 dispatcher - that's a high-burnout job and would also be a government job, so perhaps there was some sort of paid leave she was able to tap into for at least part of that long time she was off.  3)  One of the trips - the one where the person actually agreed to pay for it - was taken before her husband passed.  4)  We agreed that buying a house was silly, but perhaps they already owned one, and she sold it because she wanted a change of scenery, and put the proceeds of that sale toward a new house.  5)  Someone could have done a "Go Fund Me" for her.  I wish we had been given more information. 

Agree with everything you say, except the  "GoFundMe" part. Someone who can take trips and buy a house shouldn't be getting donations. I think buying a house is a wonderful idea/investment - it gives security and builds equity - but too many people buy houses they can't afford.

• Love 4
19 minutes ago, AngelaHunter said:

Agree with everything you say, except the  "GoFundMe" part. Someone who can take trips and buy a house shouldn't be getting donations. I think buying a house is a wonderful idea/investment - it gives security and builds equity - but too many people buy houses they can't afford.

Not arguing with you there - "GoFundMe" was once a good thing, but it's just a cash grab now.  But it was just another thought as to how she may have had extra money - definitely not an endorsement. 

Perhaps I should have said "Using the last of your money to buy a house".  Because like you said, too many people buy houses they can't afford.  But again, we weren't given much info, so we're left to speculate.

• Love 2
(edited)

I used to be One More Time on here, but Social Piranha is so much more appropriate.  I recognize many names..

I had to take a break from watching this show.  It is not entertaining anymore.  The parade of losers, scammers and entitlement made me very sad. {and cynical}  But I had forgotten how very entertaining this thread is.  So I'll be reading but not watching. Please keep me laughing!

Edited by Social Piranha
  • Love 5
6 hours ago, funky-rat said:

, and it's that there are quite a number of bad apples giving them all a bad name.  Agreed that some car drivers do stupid stuff, but I am forever seeing bicyclists completely ignoring the rules of the road (blowing stop signs, riding on the wrong side of the road, weaving between stopped cars, driving on sidewalks, etc), and it makes me a nervous wreck.  Motorcyclists aren't much better - a number are decent, but a fair amount (many who drive "crotch rockets") go too fast, treat residential streets like they're a race track, weave between stopped cars, drive up the berm, etc.  And we won't get started on joggers being on the wrong side of the road, running with headphones on, not stopping at stop signs, etc.

I mean, cyclists and motorists disobey the law at similar rates (see, for example https://www.pri.org/stories/2015-07-18/survey-finds-bicyclists-and-motorists-ignore-traffic-laws-similar-rates or http://urbanmilwaukee.com/2013/04/26/bike-czar-the-worst-law-breakers-on-the-road/).  I had a ton of sympathy for the bike case plaintiff based on my experience as a pedestrian, cyclist, and driver in a city.

Crazy rerun (new to me) today, involving two Children of the Corn cast members (who I thought were brother and sister but turned out to be bf/gf--maybe both!) suing a former roommate.  Another instance of JJ just not getting it.  The def was kind of a mouth breather, so although he was essentially in the right, she decided he was too inarticulate to possibly have a point.  Skipping over all the details, I'll say he got screwed, and she was wrong about almost everything.  It was brave of him to even consider going to sleep in the same apartment with those two, though.  He's lucky he didn't end up dead in the cornfield.

I may be coming to the end of my JJ career.  My husband says I watch because I want the illusion that there's still some justice in the world, but I feel like I'm getting that less and less from this corner of it.  I mostly watch now to see the video shots of my old hometown.  Probably not worth it.

• Love 6
10 minutes ago, Mondrianyone said:

. . . two Children of the Corn cast members (who I thought were brother and sister but turned out to be bf/gf--maybe both!)

That is the BEST description anyone will ever have regarding those two.  And JJ definitely messed up.  

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Social Piranha said:

So I'll be reading but not watching. Please keep me laughing!

Sometimes when in dire need of a laugh, I go to the beginning of this forum and read stuff. I did this last night and I literally had tears running down my face. I highly recommend it.

12 minutes ago, Mondrianyone said:

Crazy rerun (new to me) today, involving two Children of the Corn cast members (who I thought were brother and sister but turned out to be bf/gf--maybe both!)

Probably both is right. I knew I'd seen them before but said, "Oh, hell no!" and clicked off. I don't understand whoever is choosing the cases. Do they think the JJ audience is a bunch of low IQ dimwits? Don't they know that crowd is watching Steve Wilkos, and the rest of us would like to see litigants who at least act and talk like human beings? I'm not saying we all want to watch a tea dance, but more Patricia Bean-ish cases would be nice.

• Love 4

If you want to get a dose of people who are potential JJ-litigants, watch LivePD on A&E on Friday and Saturday nights.  They're shooting where I live right now, and yes, it is live.  Lots of traffic stops, and every one they pull over has expired insurance, marijuana or more in the car, and has been in a fight.  "How long has your license been suspended?"  "Duh, I....I don't know. I think since 2012."  "Why was it suspended?"   "Duh, I...I think I had too many points."  Dialogue straight out of JJ.

• Love 2
16 minutes ago, Hockeymom said:

Does anyone notice the same litigants on different shows? I thought some of them looked familiar, but then I definitely caught "Pretty", the eyebrow threader on two different shows.

Yes, some folks have figured out how to "double-dip."  The eyebrow threader was one.  Another was the family where the 20-ish daughter was raising her three teen-aged brothers, and she was suing the deadbeat dad for taking money from her.  Investigation seemed to show that she was scamming, too.  I don't recall all the details, but one of the judges found out that the kids DID get the Air Jordans that sister said she couldn't get them for Christmas because deadbeat dad stole the money.  

• Love 3
1 hour ago, AZChristian said:

Yes, some folks have figured out how to "double-dip."  The eyebrow threader was one.  Another was the family where the 20-ish daughter was raising her three teen-aged brothers, and she was suing the deadbeat dad for taking money from her.  Investigation seemed to show that she was scamming, too.  I don't recall all the details, but one of the judges found out that the kids DID get the Air Jordans that sister said she couldn't get them for Christmas because deadbeat dad stole the money.  

I think, however, that the eyebrow threader had a different case on each show.  Which either means she is really good at scamming the shows or really bad at her job.  The girl had essentially the same suit on both shows. 

With the girl, MM was very sympathetic but JJ was incredibly hostile.  I didn't understand why she was so hostile until I saw the PC episode and realized JJ must have realized it was a scam. 

• Love 1

We think JJ really "blew it" on a case today.  Young couple (never married); she had one child by a previous relationship, and subsequently one with the defendant.

Defendant used a car owned by the plaintiff as a $5,000 down payment on a new vehicle.  He only kept it about a month; he and baby mama broke up (she was still pregnant), and he still owed $6,600 on the note due to the instant depreciation on any new vehicle as soon as it's driven off the lot.  Baby mama was suing for the $5,000 value of her car, as she now had no car.  JJ said, "That wouldn't be fair.  He still owes $6,600 on a car he doesn't have."  Well, it seems to me that if he hadn't used baby mama's car as a down payment, he'd still owe $11,600 on the car he doesn't have.

So she has nothing.  No car, no live-in baby daddy.  How is that fair?

• Love 6

Yeah, I didn't get that case either. So she gave the guy her car for a downpayment on a new truck (or "VEE-hick-L" as the father kept saying) then shortly after he breaks up with her and takes the new truck? That hardly seems right. Also - how does one "return" a new car to the dealer? Was the $6,600 a penalty or something? Also, why doesn't JJ lecture any of these people about using birth control?!  I wasn't particularly moved by the Plaintiff's tears about her not having child care or a car for her two kids. Maybe she should have thought about that after having the first one and before having the second. 

I got another rerun, this one with Liiza Prok who was suing her former landlord for...something. Anyway, give a Google to Liiza as she is quite the scamtress herself. And yes, she had a GoFundMe (since closed) because, of course she did. 

He had another vehicle he was making payments on, so he may have voluntarily returned the newer vehicle when he broke up with the plaintiff and lost his free room and board. But the buyer really takes a hit in that situation. But he SHOULD have had to pay the plaintiff back the $5,000 value of her car, which he put towards the down payment on his new vehicle.

• Love 3

I'll have to google.  Why anyone with money issues would move from Vista to Encinitas is beyond me.  Our rent in Carlsbad (between next to these two cities) was more than our NC mortgage payment and the house in NC was new and twice as big.  

I wonder if he finally googled her and that's why he kicked her out and not the white noise machine.

• Love 2
10 hours ago, Giant Misfit said:

Also, why doesn't JJ lecture any of these people about using birth control?!

She has done that in the past, in at least two cases I recall. In reply she got either a stupid "What a silly thing to say" smirk/giggle or a "Duh? Why would I?" blank stare. It's hopeless, especially when you have a young girl in this day and age saying, "He wouldn't let me work." Of course, getting knocked up is an excuse not to work.  I just want to shake some of these idiots until their teeny tiny brains rattle.

8 hours ago, califred said:

the white noise machine.

I just got one of those and love it!

• Love 3
8 hours ago, califred said:

I'll have to google.  Why anyone with money issues would move from Vista to Encinitas is beyond me.  Our rent in Carlsbad (between next to these two cities) was more than our NC mortgage payment and the house in NC was new and twice as big.  

I wonder if he finally googled her and that's why he kicked her out and not the white noise machine.

What was her name again?  I am mildly curious as to what he turned up and am off work today.

• Love 1
13 hours ago, Giant Misfit said:

I got another rerun, this one with Liiza Prok who was suing her former landlord for...something. Anyway, give a Google to Liiza as she is quite the scamtress herself. And yes, she had a GoFundMe (since closed) because, of course she did. 

Yep, looks like dude should really start doing a background check for prospective tenants. Heck, just a simple google search would have convinced me not to rent to her. Not sure when the actual rental took place, but when I google her name the third item on the list came up with a 2014 article accusing her and her brother of running scams on landlord's and hotels in San Diego County.

OTOH JJ was right about landlord dude trying to rewrite the agreement when he decided to kick her out. Geez, did anyone buy that he was renting her a room for 2 hundred a week, but needed 600 for security? And the little exchange about what constitutes a month in real estate law? Note to self: if I ever get on JJ, DO NOT argue points of law with the short little old lady in the black dress with the lace collar! 

• Love 2
On 3/1/2017 at 9:48 AM, Giant Misfit said:

Yes, it's pretty clear the mother is Googling eBay of Pigs' name. For why? I do not know. But prior to her death, there was nothing on the Internet that spoke of her in any positive way -- she's notorious for being one of the worst, if not the worst, litigant ever to appear on JJ. It's really best for the mother to shut down her computer and call it a day on that mission. 

No, the worse litigant was the woman who sued a young teen's mother for damages after young teen drove the plaintant's car, ( with plaintiff's son)  wrecked it and was killed.  The poor defendent was sobbing throughout the hearing.   JJ came down hard on the plaintiff.  

• Love 6

No, the worse litigant was the woman who sued a young teen's mother for damages after young teen drove the plaintant's car,

Never mind litigant - she was one of the worst sub-humans anywhere. It still boggles my mind.

• Love 5

Yep, I think she wins.  Wow.  You know, she may have a SLIGHT point, that the girl was driving the car.  But sheer humanity would prevent 99.9% of people from copping her attitude and "right" to sue.  I think it is her attitude that is most revolting.  How awful. Poor kid. You know his life was made miserable after this appearance.  My heart aches for the defendant mom.  So tragic, and then to have to endure this nonsense. But the whole world now knows.

• Love 4