Type keyword(s) to search

All Episodes Talk: All Rise

Message added by Meredith Quill

Community Manager Note

Official notice that the topic of Sean DeMarco is off limits. If you have 1-on-1 thoughts to complete please take it to PM with each other.

If you have questions, contact the forum moderator @PrincessPurrsALot.  Do not discuss this limit to this discussion in here. Doing so will result in a warning. 

• Start Topic

20 hours ago, Brattinella said:

Yeah, I never understood that one, either.  Going up against motor vehicles with a red cape is a losing proposition.  The car will always win.

Well, obviously just stepping out and expecting cars to screech to a stop is crazy (although the law says you have to and there have been sting operations where LEOs do exactly that, the law of physics contraindicates it), but it means that when I make eye contact with you when you have plenty of time to stop, you damn well will stop and let me go across the road, no matter how long it takes for me - and my elderly disabled mom - to do so. 

• Love 3

GAH -  watching the crazy people trying to take that girl's cat. Wanted to slap the parents all over again. 

Oh, no kidding!  Wow.  A criminal record for a cat? "She's confused. It's a different cat."  Just wow. I can relate to the frustration, but not saddling a child, even a horrible, no good, terrible, very bad child, with a criminal record.

• Love 4

If they did followups, I'd like to see what the cat girl is up to - it's really tough to come out of a family like that with any common sense, but she did it.

I got a guy with a restraining order which he'd violated at least once already, and a six month jail sentence that he only avoided thanks to having a lawyer, suing his ex-GF for $300 utility bills. Or rather, using that as an excuse to get near her one last time despite the restraining order, which is how a very irate JJ read it. 

Not so long ago, I had a kid who was no Opie Taylor shooting out a car window with a BB gun and being damn lucky that the driver wasn't severely injured. But his dad thinks it's just country boys will be boys, and it's just fine for a kid who's flunking out of school to get a BB gun for that (trust me, asshole, if this *had* been an Andy Griffith episode your ass would be in jail, and your kid would be groveling to that lady for forgiveness). JJ went off on that one, too - not her shouty TV anger, but a cold hard "straighten up right now young man or we'll be seeing you in adult court!" You just knew this is what she was like in family court.

I'd like more family court flashbacks and less dogs or bad roommates.

Edited by Jamoche
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, Toaster Strudel said:

Guy who hit a guy with his car and was too stubborn to file with his insurance was a douche.

What the heck was he trying to prove with his video? And why wouldn't you let someone have your insurance info when they claim there was an accident. If you think someone is trying to scam you, well that's why insurance companies have investigators.

Edited by SRTouch
Spelling
  • Love 2
On 9/25/2016 at 0:37 PM, QuinnM said:

Here's your problem right here.  This is not a crosswalk.  It is a trail which has the right of way through a parkway.  See?  The car is not king in this scenario.  As a result these parkways with no stoplights have not become shortcuts.  They are not shortcuts due to the non-car traffic.  And they will just stop you dead for any of the millions of races along these trails and parkways.  You just sit there in your car and text your pain on twitter cuz we have a race and you aren't a priority.  You probably don't live in a city with 100 miles nonshared trails and 100 miles bike lanes shared on street and 100 lakes all within the city limit.  We get bike awards from all around the world and I have some of the best views on my daily walks.  The river the sky the eagles the bunnies and I live downtown.  

And because all kinds of numbnuts drive cars there are signs that tell said numbnuts that they need to stop and that a walker or a biker has the right of way.  Now it seems that walkers/bikers are smarter since they realize the level of intelligence that often get behind the wheel of a car.  They do all slow and look etc.  But this is not a crosswalk.  I bet in his written complaint the biker explained the trail since JJ seemed to get that the defendant's documentation didn't apply.

And even if the biker was in the wrong (which obviously he was not) why, why, why would a car driver decide to keep going because the biker shouldn't be there?  So you will hit him, possibly killing him???  He at least finally did admit that he didn't see the cyclist, but his stubborn determination to be in the right, when he was so clearly in the wrong was mind numbing to me.

• Love 7

Today's noon time repeat...a Maltese who had a collar and a leash on (although leash was loose) and was playing with two other small dogs on the beach and ran up behind plaintiff, bit her through her pants leg and broke the skin. There was signage on the beach that no dogs were allowed on the beach at that exact time and the defendant took two weeks to get proof that the dog had the proper shots after the dog was quarantined for two weeks. Why I post this is because I was pissed at JJ for awarding plaintiff $1,500 instead of the $5,000 requested. Plaintiff had to twist in the wind for two weeks wondering if she needed rabies shots and the defendant was uncooperative and was a general idiot. Plaintiff should have gotten at least $2,500 if not the entire $5,000. I so hate irresponsible idiot dog owners. 

• Love 5

Plaintiff had to twist in the wind for two weeks wondering if she needed rabies shots

Mom and goof ball, trout-faced daughter were idiots. I don't know the whole story, but I cannot imagine anyone who thinks there's the slightest chance they've contracted rabies waiting two weeks. I certainly wouldn't take that chance. Plaintiff must have been pretty sure the dog wasn't infected. I think if plaintiff had had the shots, she'd have gotten 5K.

Edited by AngelaHunter
  • Love 3
3 minutes ago, califred said:

If I thought there was the slightest chance I'd contracted rabies my butt would be at the doctor/hospital getting shots.

ITA Rabies is a disease which kills if not treated promptly, within a week but preferably as soon as possible. It is also a disease which responds well to treatment, again, preferably within 6-7 days. So, if I think there's a chance I've been exposed to a deadly disease, and I can avoid the disease if I start a series of shots within a week, you can bet I'll be getting those shots instead of waiting for some idiot to find their dog's shot records. Oh, and some good to know info, the series of shots has changed from the old days of 21 painful shots. Much less chance of side effects and/or pain. If I remember right, the old vaccine had sides effects in 70% of people, but the new stuff much less. Still not painfree, especially with the first shot of immune globulin, which is the immediate protection and put right in and around the bite.

• Love 4

Yesterday's episode featuring the woman that claimed she was not acting as a General Contractor was some awesome JJ. I'm not clear on what she was suing the defendant over (I missed the opening). The defendant claimed he forked out $25,000 to her to act as the GC on his renovation project. There was a lot of back and forth about restraining orders and the defendant told JJ that plaintiff had been on disability since 1992. JJ's eyes lit up at the mention of disability and she went in for the kill. Plaintiff tried her best to tap dance around why she wasn't working while on disability (she claimed they guy didn't pay her a dime and that she was just helping) and said it had nothing to do with her case and that she was no longer receiving it. JJ asked her when she stopped getting disability payments and plaintiff told her it didn't have anything to do with why she was suing the defendant, so it didn't matter. JJ pressed hard and shady defendant admitted her disability was cut off in 2015, all the while trying to school JJ on why it didn't have anything to do with her case. JJ let her know that it surely did, that collecting disability while making bank working as a GC wasn't right. I'm pretty sure the defendant let the disability folks know that this woman was making good money working as a GC while collecting her monthly check and that's why she was cut off. We'll never know because JJ dismissed the whole shebang. Plaintiff was shady as hell and looked like she'd chew you up and spit you out if you pissed her off. Watching JJ chew her up instead was great!

I was involved in a car accident yesterday that really had me sweating for a while. I was waiting to turn out of a parking lot and a kid in his early 20's driving a beater turned left into the parking lot right in front of another car. Other car t-boned him, which pushed him into the front of my truck. All the years of JJ flashed through my head and I was sure the dumbass didn't have insurance. It was so refreshing to find out I was wrong! No one was hurt and my truck is drivable until it gets a new bumper, new lenses for the headlight and turn signal and maybe a new quarter panel. But, shit like this is why I have full coverage on a 2003 Toyota Tacoma (Yes, JJ. People do carry full coverage on old rigs). I'm glad my rates won't go up but also nice to know I could have it repaired if the idiot was driving around without insurance.

• Love 8

Hey, we had a fender bender yesterday as well.  My husband was picking me up from a doctor's appointment and was standing outside the hospital while waiting for me to get out the door.  A guy picking up his relative simply backed up into our car. He did this while my husband was honking and a security guy from the hospital ran over to bang on the guy's window, he still backed into us!  Luckily he has insurance!  However, I was totally prepared to file a small claims case and hope to get picked for JJ!  We took photos, and got the witness' name and number.

• Love 5

I was involved in a car accident yesterday that really had me sweating for a while. I was waiting to turn out of a parking lot and a kid in his early 20's driving a beater turned left into the parking lot right in front of another car. Other car t-boned him, which pushed him into the front of my truck. All the years of JJ flashed through my head and I was sure the dumbass didn't have insurance. It was so refreshing to find out I was wrong! No one was hurt and my truck is drivable until it gets a new bumper, new lenses for the headlight and turn signal and maybe a new quarter panel. But, shit like this is why I have full coverage on a 2003 Toyota Tacoma (Yes, JJ. People do carry full coverage on old rigs). I'm glad my rates won't go up but also nice to know I could have it repaired if the idiot was driving around without insurance.

I also carry full coverage on my 2006 Forrester.  I know JJ has scoffed that no one with a 10 year old car carries full coverage. There are 3 colleges in this small town, and the odds are high that some of these kids don't have insurance.

• Love 6

I carry full coverage on my 11-year-old car, if for no other reason than I'm too lazy to change it from whatever it was when I first started the policy. Every six months I get the email that the payment is due and the new card is ready, I think "ok, cool", click the buttons, and forget about it for the next half year.

• Love 8

We should write JJ a letter. Of course, we'd tell her how much we love to watch her every day and that we live to come here to snark about it. After buttering her up, we'll tell her that it's not uncommon to have full coverage on older cars. That we learned from watching her that it's a good idea to protect yourself from all the uninsured idiots on the road.

• Love 9

Back in college I learned the hard way that Geico doesn't do full coverage on 10 year old cars. Didn't even occur to me that there was a form of insurance that didn't fix your own car! Went back to USAA and never again thought of switching.

• Love 3

Oh yeah.....my '03 and hubby's '09 Hun-days fully covered.  Hubby got 'hit by a deer' about a year ago...(that's how he phrased it but true....we're in the country and you don't see 'em until it's too late).  Taken care of.  That's why we pay for insurance.  I'll pay the deductible.

Just starting back eps....got a lot to catch up on.

• Love 1
1 minute ago, OhioSongbird said:

Oh yeah.....my '03 and hubby's '09 Hun-days fully covered.  Hubby got 'hit by a deer' about a year ago...(that's how he phrased it but true....we're in the country and you don't see 'em until it's too late).  Taken care of.  That's why we pay for insurance.  I'll pay the deductible.

Just starting back eps....got a lot to catch up on.

Ok, off topic and has nothing to do with anything, but a true story. I never realised just how tall a moose is until I came around a corner while driving a dirt road in Alaska. I was driving a 3/4 ton 4x4 pickup, and I could have stuck my hood under that cow's belly. She just stood crosswise on the road looking at me, standing guard as her calf crossed the road. Big critter, much bigger than expected from seeing them on TV. Easy to see how hitting a moose can prove deadly, as the body is so high it can impact the windshield without touching the hood.

• Love 3

Ok...follow up story.  About 20 yrs ago my BIL in TX was driving his ratty old Chevy Suburban  (which is a substantial ve-hickle) and had a huge 8pt buck run in front of him late one night.  TOTALED his truck.  Clint being Clint called his son and said :  "Bring the pick-up and come get me". Loaded the deer into the pick-up, took it to the local butcher and filled his freezer. Antlers are  hanging his living room  Came out ahead on that one....;-)

My apologies to all vegetarians out there.....it was tasty.

• Love 6

The episode with the co-parents arguing after the Memorial Day family picnic, and dad did some minor damage to mom's car -- I think this was another case where JJ just wanted it over with.  Plaintiff said defendant had grabbed and held on to the gas cap cover as she drove away, and that she couldn't open or close it.  JJ must not have been listening, because all she did was give plaintiff $50, and told defendant to get some white spray paint and fix the scratches.  I hope plaintiff doesn't let him near her car with a spray can.

Plaintiff maintained a sullen look on her face all the way through and into the hallterview.  That top she had on -- the blue print?  Kinda granny-looking for a young woman.  I couldn't figure out where you'd even buy something like that.

• Love 2
17 minutes ago, AuntiePam said:

Plaintiff maintained a sullen look on her face all the way through and into the hallterview.  That top she had on -- the blue print?  Kinda granny-looking for a young woman.  I couldn't figure out where you'd even buy something like that.

I just assumed she had no tats and/or giant boobs to show off.  So sad.  :(

• Love 3

Clint being Clint called his son and said :  "Bring the pick-up and come get me". Loaded the deer into the pick-up, took it to the local butcher

Hey, if there's an accident and an animal unfortunately dies,  I fully agree with at least not letting its death be in vain.

Antlers are  hanging his living room 

I guess I don't really understand the trophy part, but that's just me. Feel free to ignore.

• Love 4

Rerun, eBay scammer - the guy sold a 1949 car (which for once Judy realizes is a car that someone will love) for $4500, then he and the buyers agree to an extra $850 of repairs, but then the seller has a family emergency; his daughter and another female relative got stabbed. But we get a shot of his written response and he's claiming that he couldn't deal with getting the car to them because of his pain and suffering. WTF!

I really have no clue about the timeline because JJ never questioned him; once he started talking he did not stop and she just let him unreel enough rope to hang himself. The only apparent facts are they didn't get the car, the seller did sell it to someone else, eBay's scammer protection paid them back, but they're still out the $850. Seller admits this, then rambles on with a contradictory story about how they changed their minds the very next day (so when did they discuss the $850?) so it wasn't a scam, and he's still disputing the chargeback with eBay, which either took all the $4500 back immediately, didn't take anything but he's paid them $3200 back, or took $10K.

Judgement for the plaintiff while he's still talking.

• Love 1

An immently skippable episode.

What's with the handyman dude. I could't decide if it was early dementia or whether or not he might be hungover and maybe drunk for court. Then we get a picture of the stone faced wife sitting there with her half bald ponytail look, and I can't help but worry about any little boy living in the house. Poor guy can't remember squat, but still interrupts and argues whenever JJ tries to summarize part of the case. Even the simplest things, like when he talked with the police chief. Must be another one of those cases where JJ had a bunch of info before hand that we never heard, as I have no idea how she came up with the judgement amount. Oh well, JJ may have realised she was about to loose the audience, cut her loses and brought out the next case.

Ah, but what a next case. Plaintiff has trouble remembering where she lays her head at night and I couldn't figure out how she claims to support herself. Part of her claim was for missing/stolen items after her illegal eviction, but she never bothered to inventory what she has in storage. Lucky for her the defendant irritates JJ, trying to argue real estate law, and what's with his copies of stuff he submitted as evidence. JJ certainly isn't impressed, she wads up his supposed receipt and scoffs at his eviction notice plaintiff denies ever receiving. Don't know if we ever heard what defendant does... he thinks he knows enough real estate law to argue with the judge, yet is renting out rooms in his home. I agree with returning a month's rent, but the penalty for the illegal eviction seemed arbitrary and as much for annoying JJ as the eviction.

• Love 2
10 minutes ago, SRTouch said:

Ah, but what a next case. Plaintiff has trouble remembering where she lays her head at night and I couldn't figure out how she claims to support herself. Part of her claim was for missing/stolen items after her illegal eviction, but she never bothered to inventory what she has in storage. Lucky for her the defendant irritates JJ, trying to argue real estate law, and what's with his copies of stuff he submitted as evidence. JJ certainly isn't impressed, she wads up his supposed receipt and scoffs at his eviction notice plaintiff denies ever receiving. Don't know if we ever heard what defendant does... he thinks he knows enough real estate law to argue with the judge, yet is renting out rooms in his home. I agree with returning a month's rent, but the penalty for the illegal eviction seemed arbitrary and as much for annoying JJ as the eviction.

I actually kinda felt sorry for the defendant...Miss Who-Needs-A-Comb? seemed sketchier than he was.  Grown woman has never lived in her own apartment...lives in a rented room in strangers' homes, or lives with family.  Or random motels.  I guess all those marketing and PR "gigs" are not paying off.  But his fudging about weekly or monthly rent did him in.  Plus dude...bring real proof!   I wanted to hear more about why he evicted her...how loud can a white noise machine really be?

• Love 5

What's with the handyman dude. I could't decide if it was early dementia or whether or not he might be hungover and maybe drunk for court.

I thought it was the latter. To me, he has the look of a long-time drunk and I too feel sorry if there's a child living with him and his surly looking wife. I just cannot understand why plaintiff thought that giving him 3600$ was a risk-free proposition.

Grown woman has never lived in her own apartment...lives in a rented room in strangers' homes, or lives with family.  Or random motels.

She's some sort of promoter, or something like that,  and not one who seems to have even minimal success as she seems to be mostly homeless. Nerdy def. is a real estate agent, again, not a very successful one if he has to rent out rooms in his home. Her "white noise" machine was bothering him? I've looked into such machines and haven't come across any that simulate mid-day downtown NYC traffic, but I guess it's possible.  I would imagine that grown/middleaged total strangers that you invite into your home just may have ways of doing things or habits that you may not love. Get ear plugs and suck it up, or get a house you can actually afford without turning it into a boarding house for transients.

• Love 4
22 minutes ago, AngelaHunter said:

She's some sort of promoter, or something like that,  and not one who seems to have even minimal success as she seems to be mostly homeless.

Well, I didn't figure it was worth rewinding and trying to figure it out. I sort of remember she did something to do with entertainment probably and she kept saying she had gigs. I came to the conclusion she's one of those people going around passing out flyers, or since they're California folks maybe sticks them on windshields at the mall. Also got a druggy vibe and wouldn't be surprised to learn she disappears for days at a time.

OTOH, I did kind of enjoy her mentioning various town around San Diego that I lived in as a kid. Carlsbad, Encinitas, Solana Beach yep lived in all those along with Del Mar and up on Mt Laguna. Ah another lifetime, back in the 60's going to gradeschool.

• Love 4

She reminded me of my landlord in Carlsbad (the city between Vista which is semi affordable where she started and Encinitas a very expensive  suburb).  My landlord was crazy and lived in her very old camper while we lived in her old house.  

How does a white noise machine keep a house up?

That other man does seem to be s drunk or have dimensia/neurological issues.

• Love 1
37 minutes ago, califred said:

How does a white noise machine keep a house up?

Remember the trio of elderly weirdos who got a fourth roommate and then threw him out because he was breathing too loud or coughing? Maybe they should all move to a monastery where silence rules.

That reminds me:

This guy wants to be a monk and moves into a monastery where everyone has taken a vow of silence, and can only say two words every five years.

After the alloted time, the head monk calls him in and says, "You may speak your two words now."

Guy says, "Hard bed." and leaves. He returns in another five years and says, "Bad food." Five more years pass and this time he says, "I quit."

The head monk says, "I'm not surprised. You've done nothing but complain since you've been here."

For the above, I truly apologize.

• Love 15
On 9/27/2016 at 5:21 PM, lovesnark said:

Yesterday's episode featuring the woman that claimed she was not acting as a General Contractor was some awesome JJ. I'm not clear on what she was suing the defendant over (I missed the opening). The defendant claimed he forked out $25,000 to her to act as the GC on his renovation project. There was a lot of back and forth about restraining orders and the defendant told JJ that plaintiff had been on disability since 1992. JJ's eyes lit up at the mention of disability and she went in for the kill. Plaintiff tried her best to tap dance around why she wasn't working while on disability (she claimed they guy didn't pay her a dime and that she was just helping) and said it had nothing to do with her case and that she was no longer receiving it. JJ asked her when she stopped getting disability payments and plaintiff told her it didn't have anything to do with why she was suing the defendant, so it didn't matter. JJ pressed hard and shady defendant admitted her disability was cut off in 2015, all the while trying to school JJ on why it didn't have anything to do with her case. JJ let her know that it surely did, that collecting disability while making bank working as a GC wasn't right. I'm pretty sure the defendant let the disability folks know that this woman was making good money working as a GC while collecting her monthly check and that's why she was cut off. We'll never know because JJ dismissed the whole shebang. Plaintiff was shady as hell and looked like she'd chew you up and spit you out if you pissed her off. Watching JJ chew her up instead was great!

What I also liked about this episode was the idiot lawyer wannabe defendant kept using $5 words when $1 ones would do.  For example he "resided" at his house. 

• Love 1

A few days behind...

The parents suing their daughter over the car and cat: There is something seriously wrong with everybody in that family. The parents are clingy, overbearing, delusional and downright crazy, but their kids aren't much better. The older daughter sitting there with that 'I'm better than you' face really irritated me. The defendant daughter - just something not right going on there. Best of all was the son, Malachai from Children of e Corn. Everybody in that family creeped me out.

• Love 2
8 minutes ago, califred said:

I'm pretty sure that cat family was crazy religious like the Duggars.  Hence why everyone looked to odd.  

I have no doubt that the parents were ultra controlling, religious lunatics. You could feel the simmering  rage oozing out of both of them when JJ told them they were insane for believing having their child charged with felonies was the right thing to do. When the defendant's brother told JJ he was 'forced out' of the family home at the age of 17, my interpretation was he had the balls to have thoughts of his own and express them.  During the hallterview I was full expecting the parents to start shouting 'Repent! Repent! and we'll welcome you back to the fold!' 

• Love 7
1 hour ago, lovesnark said:

I have no doubt that the parents were ultra controlling, religious lunatics. You could feel the simmering  rage oozing out of both of them when JJ told them they were insane for believing having their child charged with felonies was the right thing to do. When the defendant's brother told JJ he was 'forced out' of the family home at the age of 17, my interpretation was he had the balls to have thoughts of his own and express them.  During the hallterview I was full expecting the parents to start shouting 'Repent! Repent! and we'll welcome you back to the fold!' 

I looked them up; they are Sephardic Jews from Portland Oregon.

• Love 1
48 minutes ago, Brattinella said:

I looked them up; they are Sephardic Jews from Portland Oregon.

Really?  That was the least Sephardic-looking crew I've ever seen, and I've seen lots, including in my own extended family.  My guess is that they're members of some kind of weird conversion cult.  Like the reverse of Jews for Jesus or something.

• Love 3
4 minutes ago, Mondrianyone said:

Really?  That was the least Sephardic-looking crew I've ever seen, and I've seen lots, including in my own extended family.  My guess is that they're members of some kind of weird conversion cult.  Like the reverse of Jews for Jesus or something.

Someone posted their facebook page, I don't have it.  You can try to look it up if you are familiar with facebook.

Oh, no, I don't doubt that's the info you found.  I meant it's just very odd for a bunch of fair, blond, Nordic-looking people to be calling themselves Sephardic Jews, who mostly come from Spain and Portugal and are usually not fair or blond.  It isn't impossible, but it's unlikely they were born into that category.  They also had a very non-Sephardic attitude--more like some ultra-fringe Fundamentalist vibe than anything.  Sephardic Jews I've known tend not to be so uptight and punitive. These people were strange, though, whatever they're calling themselves.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Mondrianyone said:

Oh, no, I don't doubt that's the info you found.  I meant it's just very odd for a bunch of fair, blond, Nordic-looking people to be calling themselves Sephardic Jews, who mostly come from Spain and Portugal and are usually not fair or blond.  It isn't impossible, but it's unlikely they were born into that category.  They also had a very non-Sephardic attitude--more like some ultra-fringe Fundamentalist vibe than anything.  Sephardic Jews I've known tend not to be so uptight and punitive. These people were strange, though, whatever they're calling themselves.

Those parents were absolutely horrible.  If they were MY parents, I wouldn't claim them.

• Love 6
18 minutes ago, Brattinella said:

Those parents were absolutely horrible.  If they were MY parents, I wouldn't claim them.

I wouldn't either! I was glad the siblings had all made a break from them and are close. I would imagine it took a lot of courage to stand with their little sister and face those assholes in court - even if it was TV court.

• Love 6

I'm confused about this car case. The guy who bought the car got arrested for.....something, they haven't said what, only that he was incarcerated for fifteen months. His mother is with him in court, and she's doing most of the talking while he's standing there like a cigar store Indian. The seller's son is with his dad, and he says that the buyer's mom called them up and said she lost the title, which she denies, but that his dad went down to the DMV and got a duplicate title, I guess because of reasons since they'd sold the damn thing. I must be more tired than I thought, because I can't follow half of what they're saying.

• Love 6
38 minutes ago, Cobalt Stargazer said:

I'm confused about this car case. The guy who bought the car got arrested for.....something, they haven't said what, only that he was incarcerated for fifteen months. His mother is with him in court, and she's doing most of the talking while he's standing there like a cigar store Indian. The seller's son is with his dad, and he says that the buyer's mom called them up and said she lost the title, which she denies, but that his dad went down to the DMV and got a duplicate title, I guess because of reasons since they'd sold the damn thing. I must be more tired than I thought, because I can't follow half of what they're saying.

All I got from this case was that Mom of the plaintiff was a lying scheming witch. (Wow! That is always a giveaway).

• Love 6

Second car case - "Everybody had drove this truck." No.

"ChevrolET." Wrong again, but thanks for playing.

"Yes, Miss."   Yeah, that went over well with Her Honor.  About a zillion times.  And the case was a puzzlement, too.  Glad they were all huggy in the hallterview. Free trip to LA, anyone?

The first car case confused me, too.  They had the car, they had the title, why were they suing the seller??  I'm not much on criminal law, but I'm guessing if they lock you  up for 15 months it wasn't for running a stop light.

• Love 3

I'm confused about this car case. The guy who bought the car got arrested for.....something, they haven't said what, only that he was incarcerated for fifteen months.

It's not just you. I couldn't follow this nonsense. The only thing that stood out is hearing, "I got incarcerated," said in the same tone as we hear when dumb bimbos say, "I found out I was pregnant," as though no no one has any clue what got them incarcerated or knocked up.  Like Bratinella, the only other impression I had was that Spider Mom was one nasty critter.

I also gave up, or was too tired, to listen to the case where the plaintiff with the gold chain and giant tee shirt kept calling JJ "Miss". Normally (unlike Judge Milian) she would let it go, but I guess she just couldn't take the rank stupidity anymore: "It's Your Honor!"

Oops, hit "send" too soon. Anyway, that was the only time my ears perked up, because I was waiting for Byrd to saunter off and put the smack-down on, as he usually does to disrespectful idiots,  but it seems he just thought, "Eh, fuck it."

Edited by AngelaHunter
  • Love 3
4 minutes ago, AngelaHunter said:

It's not just you. I couldn't follow this nonsense. The only thing that stood out is hearing, "I got incarcerated," said in the same tone as we hear when dumb bimbos say, "I found out I was pregnant," as though no no one has any clue what got them incarcerated or knocked up.  Like Bratinella, the only other impression I had was that Spider Mom was one nasty critter.

I gave up on this bunch and just started reading. Never did figure out why they were suing. I think they just forgot which impound lot had the car. Not sure, but was the person Momma selling the car to also locked up? About all I can say about this bunch, they sure are a good example of why you need to conclude a car sale at the DMV. If you believe the defendant and his son, which I do, these fools were running around getting the Mustang impounded multiple times, doing who knows what with it, and all the while seller's name was on the registration. Yep, soon as you get the money, right there in the Line at the DMV,  make sure your name is off that thing, then give them the keys.

4 minutes ago, AngelaHunter said:

I also gave up, or was too tired, to listen to the case where the plaintiff with the gold chain and giant tee shirt kept calling JJ "Miss". Normally (unlike Judge Milian) she would let it go, but I guess she just couldn't take the rank stupidity anymore: "It's Your Honor!"

And the brainiac reverted to called her "Miss" even after being corrected. And I agree with SandyToes , these folks were just out to have JJ pay their tickets and get a free trip to California.

• Love 4