Type keyword(s) to search

All Episodes Talk: All Rise

Message added by Meredith Quill

Community Manager Note

Official notice that the topic of Sean DeMarco is off limits. If you have 1-on-1 thoughts to complete please take it to PM with each other.

If you have questions, contact the forum moderator @PrincessPurrsALot.  Do not discuss this limit to this discussion in here. Doing so will result in a warning. 

• Start Topic

(edited)
1 hour ago, Brattinella said:

$8000 per week!  Wowie Andre you could afford a chauffeur!  What a dim bulb.  It's too far to walk.  Why do normal-seeming women hook up with married, with children and expecting more, no money, men like Andre?  How does he extrapolate from "She kicked me out of her house" to "It is okay for me to take her car".  I don't get it.

I was hoping JJ would ask Andre where they were paying day labor 8k a week. I was ready to load up and head that way. 

The way they talked after the case sounded like they're probably shacked up again. Both should be ashamed to show their faces. Andre admits his years behind in child support, but claims he's making 8k a week. She knows he's married, has at least one daughter with more on the way, but it sure sounded to me like she was ready for him to move back in once she gets a new car.

Edited by SRTouch
Correction
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, Trini said:

I'm not saying it isn't possible to make $8000 a week in construction, I am saying that Andre probably isn't good at math.

Most def'.  If he's making $8K a week, he's working for Tony Soprano.  Also, he said his height was 6'5" and the ex was 5'2"?  Really?  I don't think so.

Juanita was short-sighted to have just liability coverage on a vehicle worth $13K.  I believed her when she said she never let Andre drive, but then she lost me when she giggled in the hallway, "maybe once or twice". 

• Love 7

I was hoping there was more to Jaunita and Andre.  How many times did JJ ask for the LETTER from the ins. company and Juanita danced all around that, waving insurance cards and other stuff. Since she got the money, I'm guessing she actually had a letter of some sort.  She was blathering about cancelling the insurance (Attention! Attention!) but that got glossed over, too. And yea, JJ totally called it correctly on him driving. Texting someone driving, who has seizures, yeah, that screams "Safety!" to me, too.

Andre's baby momma(s) better hang onto this tape.  That will be some hefty child support payments on the way! Hoo-wee.   (Not!)

• Love 5

If I were wedding pastor/puppet Tanya wearing what may possibly be the most ridiculous fake eyelashes ever, I would have quickly and voluntarily given LaQuanza her money back. Hey preacher lady, her fiancé is in prison for ATTEMPTED MURDER! Do you really want to piss them off? 

• Love 9
22 minutes ago, Spunkygal said:

If I were wedding pastor/puppet Tanya wearing what may possibly be the most ridiculous fake eyelashes ever, I would have quickly and voluntarily given LaQuanza her money back. Hey preacher lady, her fiancé is in prison for ATTEMPTED MURDER! Do you really want to piss them off? 

Check out more on Tonya http://www.presstelegram.com/lifestyle/20160213/long-beach-woman-performs-prison-weddings-for-jailbirds-turned-lovebirds I confess I wasn't interested enough to actually read the whole article. Two things I gather is that she has married lots of people, and married an inmate herself.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, SandyToes said:

She was blathering about cancelling the insurance (Attention! Attention!) but that got glossed over, too.

I thought she cancelled it after the car was totaled.  Which would make sense, if the insurance payments were done via automatic deduction.

• Love 3

I must say I was disappointed when I saw that someone with the lofty handle of "Philip Enhome III" and wearing a silver-threaded shirt, was a meth cooker/dealer, jailbird and all-around loser who lives in a flea-bag motel. His crying act in the hall was mildly entertaining. The daughter,fighting for a 20 year old POS truck, was the zenith of the recent spate of hyena children.

Juanita was ridiculous. She blows a chunk of her inheritance paying 13K for a car, but is too cheap to get collision insurance. Was Andre - who makes 8K/week (personally, I don't think he knows what eight thousand dollars is) doing day labor - auditioning for something? I couldn't understand much of what he said, but he must have something special since the ladies seem to find him irresistable.

LaQuanza? If my man were on trial for attempted murder, the last thing I'd be thinking about are our upcoming nuptials, but each to his own. I had to shut this down. I couldn't take anymore.

• Love 9
(edited)

If I were wedding pastor/puppet Tanya wearing what may possibly be the most ridiculous fake eyelashes ever

They appeared to be made out of cement given the way she kept blinking every 0.000001 seconds. They sure didn't do much to accentuate her Jose Feliciano eyes.

If anyone's interested in parting with their hard-earned money, LaQuanza has some sort of crowdsourcing plea for funds to "help a father of six get home to his kids" by asking for money for a lawyer to get him out of jail.  (Yes, he was convicted. Nice life choices, LaQuanza.)

ETA: I really had a laugh when JJ asked Mr Enholm what he was arrested for and he starts saying it was for picking up trash and then JJ yells at him, "What were your charged with?" And he goes, "Meth manufacturing." Then later on I think he was trying to say that the trash he was picking up was meth manufacturing debris? Sad. Drugs are a bitch.

Edited by Guest

I've been mulling over the children behind the scenes of this week's cases....well, really, children involved in cases every week. And it makes my heart hurt because I jump to conclusions about how ignorantly they are being raised and wondering about their safety. This week in my town, an idiot took cops on a car chase (thank God firearms were not used) because when they finally caught the moron, the cops were surprised to see the moron's six week old baby was crying in its unbuckled car seat in the back. And then on JJ we had the baby with congenital syphillis. Then Andre the liar who makes $8000/week, has a daughter and twins on the way. Then the chick who has three kids, two belong to the murderer in prison she wants to marry.

All this to say that I remember in the old days game shows would have parting gifts like rice-a-roni or furniture wax.  I propose that JJ give each litigant a case of condoms and directions to planned parenthood for the pill, maybe low cost neutering. Sorry, I think the syphillis baby pushed me over the frustrated, emotional edge this week. 

• Love 13
13 minutes ago, Spunkygal said:

I've been mulling over the children behind the scenes of this week's cases....well, really, children involved in cases every week. And it makes my heart hurt because I jump to conclusions about how ignorantly they are being raised and wondering about their safety. This week in my town, an idiot took cops on a car chase (thank God firearms were not used) because when they finally caught the moron, the cops were surprised to see the moron's six week old baby was crying in its unbuckled car seat in the back. And then on JJ we had the baby with congenital syphillis. Then Andre the liar who makes $8000/week, has a daughter and twins on the way. Then the chick who has three kids, two belong to the murderer in prison she wants to marry.

All this to say that I remember in the old days game shows would have parting gifts like rice-a-roni or furniture wax.  I propose that JJ give each litigant a case of condoms and directions to planned parenthood for the pill, maybe low cost neutering. Sorry, I think the syphillis baby pushed me over the frustrated, emotional edge this week. 

No apologies needed. I've said many times I'd be all for mandatory spay/neuter of losers who keep popping out babies and dumping them, farming them out or making them live with druggies, drunk or violent abusers. Condoms and birth control pills aren't the answer, since the type of people we see here drop babies with less care than feral cats. They need to have it implanted under the skin, same as the cats.

Who is going to pay for all of LaQuanza's offspring, sired by a violent felon? Why, I do believe YOU (collective you) and Byrd will, but it's her right to have 10 kids if she wants - a mindless breeding machine.

• Love 6

I think I blocked out syphillis baby.

my prenatal testing both times involved an entire std panel, if they knew then does anyone know if they could have done something to help the baby? If Mom had it already was it automatically passed on?

I hope all the women in his area see him and his Syphillis and stay far away.  He obviously isn't going to tell them about it.

• Love 1

Ok a quick Google says if she had been treated during pregnancy the baby would likely have been fine.  

What about the "confidential" marriage of the deseaced mom and her ex-con husband.

• Love 3
(edited)
4 hours ago, CoolWhipLite said:

Maybe they went that route because they were scamming Social Security, wanting to avoid bloodwork (thinking that something would test positive and affect their parole status), or both. I vote for both. 

Perhaps darling daughter had a point, and the deceased mother was still married to her father, even though they had been separated for decades.

Edited by SRTouch
Clarification
  • Love 3

Someone upthread said he was convicted.

Oh well, if California allows conjugal visits, these two miserable people can keep popping out babies for all of us to support.

• Love 3
4 hours ago, califred said:

my prenatal testing both times involved an entire std panel, if they knew then does anyone know if they could have done something to help the baby? If Mom had it already was it automatically passed on?

I hope all the women in his area see him and his Syphillis and stay far away.  He obviously isn't going to tell them about it.

They can usually treat the mother with antibiotics so it won;t get transmitted to the baby.  If it is done early enough, prognosis is good

1 hour ago, SRTouch said:

Perhaps darling daughter had a point, and the deceased mother was still married to her father, even though they had been separated for decades.

If she were correct, then (1) her father should have sued for the truck, because it was his property (2)  the meth dude thought the  marriage was real and he could still claim it was his (3) it's a 20 year old truck, why bother?

• Love 3

it's a 20 year old truck, why bother?

Oh, but there's nothing so old, so decrepit or so without value that our litigants won't fight over it. Twenty year old truck, worthless man, an old 100$ TV, contents of a "junk drawer" - doesn't matter.

• Love 4

Ep 2, Case 2 - LaQuanza Miller was suing wedding pastor Tanya Perez for a wedding fee. LaQ's bd is incarcerated for attempted murder, and they planned to marry on Valentine's (or Valentime's) Day. I think Rev. Tanya is actually a puppet -- she had puppet eyes and eyelashes, a puppet mouth, and a puppet voice. Tanya said that LaQ was late getting to the prison on the wedding day and that LaQ hadn't even added her to the visitation list. LaQ said that the website wouldn't accept Pastor Puppet's info. Yet, LaQ believed that was all PP Tanya's fault. JJ told her, "That may have been a blessing in disguise. I guess you'll know after the trial." LaQ's stupid ass didn't understand a word of that. JJ was tired of trying to get through LaQ's thick head, and she dismissed the case.

Again, y'all have to stop being funny. Everyone is asleep!

CoolWhipLite did an especially great job yesterday!  Thanks to those who provide such riveting commentary.  27bored does a good job, too!

I've said for many years I will gladly hand over my tax dollars if I can assign implant birth control to those "in need."  Lots and lots of people need assistance, and I'm happy to provide it (well, mostly happy), but it's too easy to scam, abuse, or just rely-on-too-long the system. 

We've seen a lot of wackos and losers on this show, but I think LaQuanza and her murderous fiancé/bd may be the couple that was just too much. We've had others that made ME crazier, but this one takes the cake.  And her plea for funds - I was going to check to see if she'd earned any money, but then was afraid I'd find that she had - as if having a lawyer will get the guy out.  Never mind he might actually be guilty - just get a lawyer and bingo! Freedom! I know the argument can be made that expensive lawyers may be more likely to get defendants off, but still.

Hoping to see our in-house contestant soon! 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, SandyToes said:

CoolWhipLite did an especially great job yesterday!  Thanks to those who provide such riveting commentary.  27bored does a good job, too!

I've said for many years I will gladly hand over my tax dollars if I can assign implant birth control to those "in need."  Lots and lots of people need assistance, and I'm happy to provide it (well, mostly happy), but it's too easy to scam, abuse, or just rely-on-too-long the system. 

We've seen a lot of wackos and losers on this show, but I think LaQuanza and her murderous fiancé/bd may be the couple that was just too much. We've had others that made ME crazier, but this one takes the cake.  And her plea for funds - I was going to check to see if she'd earned any money, but then was afraid I'd find that she had - as if having a lawyer will get the guy out.  Never mind he might actually be guilty - just get a lawyer and bingo! Freedom! I know the argument can be made that expensive lawyers may be more likely to get defendants off, but still.

Hoping to see our in-house contestant soon! 

Agree with all this. Anyone who donates money to get LaQuanza's stud-man/baby daddy/murderer out of prison has rocks in their heads. I've never understood why "attempted murder" gets a lesser sentence than actual murder. Why should someone get a pass just because they were too incompetent to actually kill the person they fully intended to kill, e.g. if a bullet hits the shoulder instead of the heart?

LaQuanza's head was strangely melon-shaped. I was thinking whoever does her hair is pulling those braids too tight. Could be affecting her brain too, such as it is.

• Love 6

I've never understood why "attempted murder" gets a lesser sentence than actual murder. Why should someone get a pass just because they were too incompetent to actually kill the person they fully intended to kill, e.g. if a bullet hits the shoulder instead of the heart?

My first year Criminal Law prof asked "why do we punish attempted crimes?"  A classmate answered "So we don't reward incompetent criminals."

• Love 14

I'm so confused about the confidential marriage couple.  He started to say that he was arrested for picking up trash on the road -- the used meth-making supplies.  That's when JJ stopped him and asked him what he was charged with.  But was he arrested on the spot?  Or much later, well into his meth-making career?  How did he find those supplies?  Did he randomly inspect trash along the highway?  So much about the underclass in this country that I don't know about.

• Love 2

Re: the baby with syphilis - I think she said she had health insurance (her out-of-pocket expenses weren't high at all for a multi-day hospital stay, since that's all she got in the judgment), so my best guess is that the babydaddy gave it to her after the pregnancy was confirmed. I think she said they split up soon after she found out she was pregnant due to alleged infidelity on his part, and I have no problems believing he absolutely is the type of guy to sleep around while one of his girlfriends is pregnant. I'm trying to remember how often I got bloodwork done when I was pregnant, but I was considered high risk, so it's hard to compare. I can see how the syphilis might not have been caught for a while, unfortunately.

• Love 1

A question:  would a Baby Mama get more Byrd dollars if she were married to a convicted almost-murderer?

Oh and LaNausea is what you get when you find out you are LaPregnant with babies of married men/syphyllis dispensers/schlubs.

• Love 8
(edited)

Today's landlord was a smug asshole.  I have a feeling if the tenant had sued for her deposit back she may have gotten it.

** edited to add the words I missed

Edited by califred
  • Love 2
16 minutes ago, califred said:

Today's landlord was a smug asshole.  I have a feeling of tenant had sued for her deposit back she may have gotten it.

Yeah, he is real proud of renting to drunken irresponsible college students, but he wants his property to appreciate in value!

• Love 4
3 hours ago, Sarcastico said:

I'm so confused about the confidential marriage couple.  He started to say that he was arrested for picking up trash on the road -- the used meth-making supplies.  That's when JJ stopped him and asked him what he was charged with.  But was he arrested on the spot?  Or much later, well into his meth-making career?  How did he find those supplies?  Did he randomly inspect trash along the highway?  So much about the underclass in this country that I don't know about.

I think his excuse about roadside trash was akin to "those aren't my drugs, I'm just holding them for someone else." I think I even heard him try to mutter something about the cops finding residue on his hands from the "trash" he picked up. I think roadside trash is actually a good way to describe the litigant himself. 

I missed the episode with syphilis baby, but I'm going to venture a guess and say that there are many JJ litigants who don't go for pre-natal care when they're pregnant (or had mothers who received pre-natal care before birthing their dumb asses). 

I tried to hang in there with today's show, but I just kept getting upset the more Ms. Foster described what her horses and little pony went through. So, I had to change the channel. But before I switched to another show, I wondered about the cases that get recalled because of an active court case. I wondered if the producers actually knew there was an active case when the horse litigants were initially there (but what would be the point?) or if the litigants waited to reveal that info after they got trip to CA #1. 

• Love 3

Today's landlord was a smug asshole.

Smug and arrogant. His dump probably hasn't been touched since the year of the great flood. He kept the def's $950 and that wasn't enough to clean that antique stove and fix a hole in the rotting door? Total creep. And yeah, a bunch of college students - we've seen how painstakingly careful they are with the property of others.

Anthony Lovely was an interesting mix of the old and the new - a steroided, 1950s greaser. Plaintiff was creepy, IMO, hanging out and living with such young 'uns.

I just kept getting upset the more Ms. Foster described what her horses and little pony went through.

I didn't watch it the first time and I"m glad I skipped it this time too.

However, I did watch the repeat of the Fowlers, the quinessential trailer trash and wastes of good resources, like oxygen, food and water. Why is it that middleaged women with long, bleached Alice in Wonderland hair/ringlets are always trashy?

• Love 3

I did watch the pony episode unfortunately.  Ms Foster REALLY wanted to show JJ how much the stallion hurt her little pony.  EEK!  I tuned out after some of it was made clear, I didn't want to hear about animals being hurt.

• Love 3

Second rerun: I have no clue. Seriously, no clue. Plaintiffs are a bearded mountain man type and a stringy blonde, both in their 40s. Defendant is an elderly man, dating the mother of the blonde. There's a van, and a loan, and a restraining order on the plaintiffs - chronology is confusing here, because it seems like the restraining order came after their refusal to pay, but they're claiming it's the reason they didn't. Plus a previous court date that the plaintiffs just didn't go to because they didn't feel like it, but now they're all upset that it didn't go their way. Mountain man doesn't grok that it's the person filing the restraining order who determines whether or not their behavior is threatening.

Second case: another landlord case, holes in walls, the usual. Got distracted while it was on and never went back.

• Love 4

Landlord case was a little different than most; he rented to mostly college kids or couples, but mostly college boys.  That way, he didn't have to do any repair or maintenance on the house!  He was really a slug landlord. 

• Love 1

I finally found Patricia Bean!!  On Youtube.  It was everything you all said and more. What a nasty old lady.

I watched the horse case.  I hate the word rape and the plaintiff and her witnesses were insisting on using it as often as possible.  I don't want to sound stupid but can animals rape?  I guess sex can be forced but can animals form the intention to harm?  

• Love 2
3 hours ago, Brattinella said:

Landlord case was a little different than most; he rented to mostly college kids or couples, but mostly college boys.  That way, he didn't have to do any repair or maintenance on the house!  He was really a slug landlord. 

Yeah, ew. I remember college and the places rented by boys who tended not to care about the state of the places they rented (or whether their bathroom had TP!), but I guarantee that maintenance would need to be done.

• Love 3

Honestly that tenant should have sued for her deposit back, she'd probably have won.  She also should have taken before pictures because I highly doubt the place was pristine when she moved in.

The horse plaintiffs were annoying.  And if your horses got pregnant they were in heat, perhaps a nice biology lesson is needed.

• Love 4
3 hours ago, califred said:

Honestly that tenant should have sued for her deposit back, she'd probably have won.  She also should have taken before pictures because I highly doubt the place was pristine when she moved in.

Couple of things about the case bug me. First off, I don't like JJ's bias against young adults, teenagers, and in this case college kids. Sure, in many cases they're irresponsible tenants, but, speaking as someone who once did apartment cleanup/maintenance, there are many who make good tenants. It bugs me when JJ automatically assumes everyone under 25 is irresponsible, can't tell the truth, and is going to be partying all the time. To top it off, JJ almost automatically rules against landlords who rent to college kids, as if it's a given that the kids will tear up the rental property so the landlord should just accept that as part of doing business. Nope, to me the kids should pay for any damage they do above normal wear and tear. As an old fogey, I would have no problem with a higher security for rentals where the target tenants are college kids - but only as long as a fair accounting of damages is provided upon move out.

OTOH, I hate landlords who automatically keep the deposit because a rental isn't move in ready when a tenant moves out. I think a rental will require painting and probably carpets (unless carpet was replaced just before tenant moved in) after even the best tenant of 5 years. Heck, carpeting, painting, good cleaning, I expect normal wear and tear would cost more than the deposit. To me that's to be expected after 5 years, and I don't see making a long time tenant pay for those things. Out of the stack of pictures landlord passed up, the only ones JJ showed us were of a filthy old oven and what looked like an interior hollow core door being used outside on the patio with a hole punched through. In my eyes, that picture of the door hurt the landlord more than anything the defendant said. If he's using that for evidence of damage, I'd be tempted to throw out all his damage claim. I suppose, had the tenant been countersuing for the deposit we might have seen more of the pictures, but from what we saw I'd be inclined to return of the deposit. 

• Love 7

In my eyes, that picture of the door hurt the landlord more than anything the defendant said.

I agree, the condition of the bottom of the door (not the recently punched hole in the middle) showed that not only was the whole door rotted, but maintenance was not part of this landlord's activities.

• Love 3

I could not stop laughing - in my mind the two meth-addled folks are just tooling along in their hoopty and what do their wondering eyes appears? Meth residue! Perhaps an electric fry pan with the remnants of a failed meth cook - a gas mask or a few scattered empty boxes of Sudafed or a big bottle of liquid fertilizer! There's METH GOLD in them hills!  

LaQuanza Miller was suing wedding pastor Tanya Perez for a wedding fee. LaQ's bd is incarcerated for attempted murder, and they planned to marry on Valentine's (or Valentime's) Day.

I'm usually a cynical Sally but daaaammnn I felt sorry for LaQuanza - she's saying "WE" are going through this.  She is too young to sign onto a life of criminal support. Reminds me of a sadder version of when men say "We're pregnant" instead of "she's pregnant". Unless you're pushing the watermelon headed baby out of your nether regions or getting your belly cut open buddy, it's SHE'S pregnant. 

• Love 8
25 minutes ago, ItsHelloPattiagain said:

Reminds me of a sadder version of when men say "We're pregnant" instead of "she's pregnant". Unless you're pushing the watermelon headed baby out of your nether regions or getting your belly cut open buddy, it's SHE'S pregnant. 

Amen to this, sister!  This is one affectation that needs to go away!

• Love 6
2 hours ago, DoctorK said:

I agree, the condition of the bottom of the door (not the recently punched hole in the middle) showed that not only was the whole door rotted, but maintenance was not part of this landlord's activities.

I don't even know that that WAS a fist hole punched through the door. You get a hollow core door wet, it warps and swells up so you have to really push/pull to get to open and shut, I can just as easily believe someone put a hole in it accidentally - or, just as likely got royally pissed at the rotten thing and punched it LOL

• Love 5

So I am watching the newest episode with the case called, Baseball Bat Rage. One cousin suing another.  For the first time in an eternity, Judy was judicious, calm, fair, kind and open to both sides.  I loved it!  Lately, she makes me so angry when she's dismissive of litigants based on her own prejudices...or hunger for lunch.  

• Love 7

Ep 1, Case 1- Sassy red-haired Harriet Murphy was suing Horatio Farran for damage that their tree has done to her driveway. Harriet's pictures showed the crack in her driveway that the roots of the tree had caused. Horatio said that he knew the tree had to be removed - it was growing into their septic system - and he removed it months later. They argued about which neighborhood tree was really the culprit and who is responsible - the owner of the tree/property or the owner of the driveway/property. Horatio produced photos of the driveways, sidewalks, and walkways of other homes on their street. Poor Harriet -- she thought they were all photos of her property. (This would be a time to say one of my late grandmother's lines - 'Lord, don't let me get old.') Sorry, Harriet, you didn't prove your case to JJ. I think the Ferrans were trying to be patient, but I'm sure they bitch about her when they're sitting at the dinner table.

Ep 1, Case 2 - Suzette McConnell decided to move out of a shared apartment to move in with her boyfriend. After many years living in desperation for a man's attention, Suz's energy levels had bottomed out, so she only took what she could carry when she left the apartment. I guess her man had other things to do than help his new live-in, so her shit remained in the apartment with her former roommate Rhoda. Rhoda was was suing for some rent and a bill, and Suzette was countersuing for property she left behind. Rhoda was awarded the one month's rent money - and if Suz wanted her stuff back, she'd have to pony up three month's worth of rent (for the amount of time she left her crap in the house). Suz decided her belongings weren't worth that much money, so she wouldn't pay to go pick them up. Suzette tried hard to damage Rhoda's rep in the hallterview, because I guess she thinks her life is all peaches and cream now that she has a man.

Ep 2, Case 1 - Jeffrey Mobley was suing his cousin Prince Harrison. They were former roommates. Prince didn't pay November's rent because Jeff "disrespected" him with "unappropriate language"...and Jeff stole his girl! Prince grabbed a bat and started "poundering" a sofa and threw some shit. JJ said to Jeffrey, "Someone needed to move out." "Exactamundo, check-out time," Jeff replied. Prince moved back in with his parents. JJ pointed out that Prince's actions made it necessary for him to move out, so Jeff is owed his money. At that point, Jeff added, "He shoulda been on Cheaters!" Jeff explained that during his cousin's "amnesia fit", Prince wrecked two TVs and a dining room set. Prince's tap-dancing after JJ asked about his clean-up process was hilarious, and I can't quite put it into words. JJ commended Prince for looking young for his age (watch Jeff's face at that part - he clearly disagrees), and she told him to stop drinking so much. Jeff was awarded $4,000, but Prince muttered, "I don't owe you nuthin!" In the hallterview, we heard about Prince's bi-weekly girlfriends and his main lady.

Ep 2, Case 2 - Tera Hudson rented a room to Ryan Kohler, who was separated from his wife. Good for them, he and his wife decided to reconcile. Ryan found someone to sublet the apartment for the final three months of the lease. He gave the rent money to Tera for one of those months, and he figured the rest was covered by his first/last that was paid upfront. Nope, JJ awarded those payments to Tera.

Ep 2, Case 3 - Shandrea Grant, with the Eyes That Paralyze, flaked on paying the rent and damaged the apartment. After their school's winter break, her roommate returned to find the apartment looking like President and Michelle Obama dancing while Usher was singing. Oh wait -- JJ swiped her cell phone's pictures in the wrong direction. After JJ had a giggle with Byrd about the photos, the plaintiff won the case.

• Love 1

I loved JJ telling Prince:  "You look good for your age!"  Like, How you doin'?

I expected her to yell at him when his excuse for not paying was "He disrespected me."  Nope. 

Yeah, she was quite calm.  Might have been the last case before a long break or something.

• Love 5