Type keyword(s) to search

All Episodes Talk: All Rise

Message added by Meredith Quill

Community Manager Note

Official notice that the topic of Sean DeMarco is off limits. If you have 1-on-1 thoughts to complete please take it to PM with each other.

If you have questions, contact the forum moderator @PrincessPurrsALot.  Do not discuss this limit to this discussion in here. Doing so will result in a warning. 

• Start Topic

Ha! Emoji.

I thought this was another example of someone being a hustler and JJ missing it because she's not right all the time like she thinks she is. First of all, the brother who owned the house bought it as a foreclosure and moved tenants into it almost as soon as he could. He didn't have homeowner's insurance, and he took out a renter's insurance policy for them and just asked him to "pay him back on it". Riiight. I think he probably would've had to have done some work to it prior to getting a homeowner's policy, and he didn't want to pay for it, so instead he went through State Farm and signed them up for a renter's insurance policy, so that anything that happened he could claim it as damage done by the renters. I bet that's probably a big reason why he even took them to court.

The woman's hair looked like she had braids, unbraided them, and then never combed it out.

She seemed to be short a few teeth as well, which hinders not at all her mouthiness. Ismael's ssmooth and somewhat slimy demeanour made me think that perhaps squatting is nothing new to them. If you can't pay rent on even a crummy dump like that, maybe having three kids wasn't the best idea.

Linda Landon...appeared to be drunk during her appearance here. 

Can I just say that these are all some brilliant and insightful observations? Love it.

• Love 3

I haven't seen today's new episodes yet but did catch the rerun featuring "Crystal Glass" another psycho bride.

Crystal Glass. A psycho. Imagine that.

The woman's hair looked like she had braids, unbraided them, and then never combed it out.

I actually did this for an event (maybe a concert) when I was in high school, except I braided my stick-straight hair WET.  It was such a cool look!

• Love 3

Linda Landon, who was confused by Park/Drive and Gas/Brake seemed so indignant at the suggestion that she was drunk at 9:30 a.m. but really, she appeared to be drunk during her appearance here. She might want to pursue a career in pantomime, judging by her exaggerated expressions and gestures.

Oh, I was totally willing to believe she was drunk when the accident happened, proof or no proof. (And during the taping as well.)

Those must have been some pretty damning pictures Squatter Babymama had since JJ didn't even make them pay rent after seeing them, which surprised me.

• Love 5

You weren't dreaming.  There was black mold in the bathroom -- I think in the shower stall -- and more black mold on the bathroom vanity cabinet.  Gotta wonder why those people stayed as long as they did.  Mold takes awhile to form, doesn't it?  They must have been desperate.

• Love 1

The thing I really like about The People's Court as opposed to JJ is that MM knows what she doesn't know and will put the court in recess to research or call someone who does know.  I can't imagine JJ ever doing that.

Edited by DebbieW
  • Love 7

You weren't dreaming.  There was black mold in the bathroom

Thank you! I've seen so many pics of moldy houses I get confused.

The drunk at 930 in the morning lady managed to have her pants, flowy blouse, long macrame vest, earrings, rings, necklace, hair, eyes, makeup, skin, lips be the exact same yellow gold color as her teeth. I didn't even think she had teeth they blended so much into the yellow gold color that was her. I think she is the stand in for Gold Rumplestilskin on Once Upon A Time. She even had the twitchy mannerisms that he does.

Aaaand - THIS is the perfect example of why I will never stop visiting this forum until they take my keyboard from my cold, dead hands.

• Love 4

In the attitude defendant case, the one where she kept staring at the plaintiff: I had the sound turned up and the plaintiff had the oddest voice that didn't match her lips moving and it was like she was throwing her voice and bouncing and trebling and wobbling it all over the place. It wasn't an accent and it wasn't any voice I have ever heard before. It unnerved me listening to it. I couldn't understand a word she said.

I'm glad you mentioned this, and that's a good description of her speaking style.  Hearing her -- it was like I was hearing double -- like a recording of what she was saying playing at the same time she was speaking, but just a half second off.  Or something.  Made me glad she's not someone I'd have to listen to ever again. 

• Love 3

Yeah....gal who ran into the house was toasted.

Ya think? She got out of the car without putting it in park - then "according to her own testimony" thought she was stomping on the brake (which is on the left side) when instead she crrrrrrrraaaaannned her foot over to the gas pedal (bypassing the closer brake pedal) and stomped on it, sending the car careening through the front of the house. And the house didn't have a front door anymore so the house got robbed? So what did they do, hang an old sheet over the whole thing? A couple of black garbage bags?

The drunk at 930 in the morning lady managed to have her pants, flowy blouse, long macrame vest, earrings, rings, necklace, hair, eyes, makeup, skin, lips be the exact same yellow gold color as her teeth. I didn't even think she had teeth they blended so much into the yellow gold color that was her. I think she is the stand in for Gold Rumplestilskin on Once Upon A Time. She even had the twitchy mannerisms that he does.

When the movie version of Les Miserable came out there were actually makeup people (I called them "tooth wranglers") that made sure the cast had the nastiest looking teeth because of course it was 1862 and people didn't really worry as much about their teeth because they were trying to survive. I think The Lovely Linda Rumplestilskin was a model for the makeup staff. 

• Love 5

In the attitude defendant case, the one where she kept staring at the plaintiff: I had the sound turned up and the plaintiff had the oddest voice that didn't match her lips moving and it was like she was throwing her voice and bouncing and trebling and wobbling it all over the place. It wasn't an accent and it wasn't any voice I have ever heard before. It unnerved me listening to it. I couldn't understand a word she said.  

I REALLY tuned out what the plaintiff was kinda sorta saying:  She sounded to me like a flat-out liar, double-talking and spinning it and FAST-talking, too!  I couldn't understand her either, but I DID know she was lying.

• Love 1

Well, I will not be watching JJ today.  First episode contains starving horses left to fend for themselves in a tornado, and a terrier mauled by a bear.  The second episode involves animal abuse and stolen bulldogs, so I will be reading my Kindle or something.

• Love 4

Hey, y'all!!  This morning's case - was this a new one or a repeat?  About the fireworks?  What a great plaintiff!  Three vehicles were damaged, but he's only suing for costs to repair one. Why? One got sold and one was going to be renovated before the damage, so why sue for that?  What a guy! Someone not trying to milk the system.  And a great technology boost!  Google Earth photos rather than the typical construction paper neighborhood diagrams. Oooh, aaah!  My descriptions showed the afternoon cases, of course, so I have no idea where the morning cases come from.

I understand your concern about the bulldog case, Brattinella!!

The bulldog case is okay to watch. No abuse, no injured animals, just a bunch of people who all sound alike (can't just listen to this one!) and a very bizarro situation. Happy ending.  Well, for this show, anyway.  Witness who looks like her name should be Maggie Moon Unit, or something.

Edited by SandyToes
  • Love 2

Hey, y'all!!  This morning's case - was this a new one or a repeat?  About the fireworks?  What a great plaintiff!  Three vehicles were damaged, but he's only suing for costs to repair one. Why? One got sold and one was going to be renovated before the damage, so why sue for that?  What a guy! Someone not trying to milk the system.  And a great technology boost!  Google Earth photos rather than the typical construction paper neighborhood diagrams. Oooh, aaah!  My descriptions showed the afternoon cases, of course, so I have no idea where the morning cases come from.

I understand your concern about the bulldog case, Brattinella!!

The bulldog case is okay to watch. No abuse, no injured animals, just a bunch of people who all sound alike (can't just listen to this one!) and a very bizarro situation. Happy ending.  Well, for this show, anyway.  Witness who looks like her name should be Maggie Moon Unit, or something.

Thank you, Sandy Toes!  I did catch the last few minutes of the bulldog case, and they got their dogs back!  Didn't want the money!  I love that!

• Love 3

She got out of the car without putting it in park - then "according to her own testimony" thought she was stomping on the brake (which is on the left side) when instead she crrrrrrrraaaaannned her foot over to the gas pedal (bypassing the closer brake pedal) and stomped on it, sending the car careening through the front of the house.

Not only that, but if she was stomping the accelerator from outside the car she likely would have sustained injuries when the car took off -- fast enough to wipe out the front of the house -- with only her leg inside. I don't recall any mention of injuries.

Edited by designing1
  • Love 1

Happy Thanksgiving everyone! I heard my first Christmas song of the season tonight when I made the third run back up to the grocery store, this time for coconut milk. I am eating some cold leftover Chinese carryout buffet and then hopefully a whirlwind of cleaning the dining table off [probably a years worth of mail that I am making a point about to my worser half] then some more cooking tonight so I can not be stressed tomorrow. Hope y'all are careful tomorrow when you get out shopping. No future JJ cases please!

Our news tonight interviewed a worker at a local supermarket and they said that the one item people rush into the store to buy because they forgot it was turkey.  How can you forget a turkey?

• Love 2

Episode 1, Case 1

Double ponytail alert.  They're not bald guys, though. One is graying and the other is braided. Both look ridiculous.

Dueling ponytails! I love the camera person who panned back to the rear to display the side-by-side tails in all their glory.

Linda Yellow Teefies looked like an extra who wandered off the set of Hot Tub Time Machine!

Obviously the terrier that growled at Byrd when he came too close was going to be removed from the courtroom. If something happens to Byrd, who is going to pay for everybody's bail, child support, Section 8 housing, student loans, and rims?

Not to mention the bitchin tattoo I got with my financial aid money.

• Love 6

Not only that, but if she was stomping the accelerator from outside the car she likely would have sustained injuries when the car took off -- fast enough to wipe out the front of the house -- with only her leg inside. I don't recall any mention of injuries.

I will have to rewatch but I swear to add to the confusion of the whole "story" I am sure she said the truck backed into the house?

Yup, rewatched thestart. JJ describes the case as her backing into the house and almost knocking out the whole wall...and she was intoxicated? Then defendant replies no no, it was 9:30 in the morning and she was on her way to work. Not drunk!

Edited by Decoda
  • Love 2

! I heard my first Christmas song of the season tonight

How did you avoid it this long? Around here, Halloween and Xmas are overlapping I think. Merchants can't be too greedy or obnoxious, you know!

Those muttonheads from Minnesota fighting over the bulldogs couldn't tell a coherent or linear stories to save their lives. They gave me a massive headache.

• Love 2

Our news tonight interviewed a worker at a local supermarket and they said that the one item people rush into the store to buy because they forgot it was turkey.  How can you forget a turkey?

Maybe they didn't forget.  Don't you remember the Thanksgiving episode of Mad About You?

• Love 3

Happy Thanksgiving everyone! I heard my first Christmas song of the season tonight when I made the third run back up to the grocery store, this time for coconut milk. I am eating some cold leftover Chinese carryout buffet and then hopefully a whirlwind of cleaning the dining table off [probably a years worth of mail that I am making a point about to my worser half] then some more cooking tonight so I can not be stressed tomorrow. Hope y'all are careful tomorrow when you get out shopping. No future JJ cases please!

Happy Thanskgiving to you, as well as all you other posters.

I forgot I wasn't 21 anymore and tore a ligament in my knee in the midst of some... physical activity. I told my partner we should go on a court show. It's not her fault, but if I've learned anything from court shows, it's that everything is someone's fault, and I should be compensated. It'd be more interesting than the glut of dog bite cases we endure.

Anyway, a few friends are going to bring (brang, broughten?) me some vittles today, so my injury saved me having to travel and having to cook. So that's a silver lining. I will also miss the annual Black Friday stampede, which I skip anyway. It will be a long weekend of clearing my dvr and being pampered. Not too shabby!

• Love 5

if I've learned anything from court shows, it's that everything is someone's fault

Everything is someone else's fault and even if our misdeeds are caught on camera, we still won't take the blame.;)

It will be a long weekend of clearing my dvr and being pampered. Not too shabby!

That, along with the broughten vittles (I hope they're home made and not boughten?) sounds perfect to me.

Happy Thanksgiving to you all.

Edited because I shouldn't try to post before I've had coffee.

Edited by AngelaHunter
  • Love 4

I hope your knee is on the mend, Teebax

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone!  Thanks for giving me laughs every day. If you're spending this day with family, may no one call you out your name, disrespect you, stomp on your laptop, or ask you to borrow them some money. 

• Love 6

The guy from Arizona bought himself a new truck, then had it customized especially to accommodate a flagpole to proudly fly the flag of his choice.

JJ gave me the impression that she admired?/respected?/tolerated? plaintiff because he said he's employed, and bought and financed the truck himself. Meanwhile, JJ had open contempt for the defendants primarily (IMO) because they didn't seem as "together" in their maturity levels and financial independence as plaintiff seemed to be.

Well, in MY world (™ Judith Schiendlin) an 18-year-old American white boy proudly flying the confederate flag as he flaunts his new flatbed is as "together" as a snowball tossed on the hot grill.

Luckily, I am neither law scholar nor jurist, so I don't have to pretend that the paramount and honorable ideal of free speech prevailed in this case, so all's right with the world. While I am a proponent of "I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it," JJ's specific HANDLING of this case annoyed me and disappointed me, too.

Judge Judy could have ruled on the law, even made her statement clear on why she ruled on the law without trying SO VERY hard to humiliate the defendants. The defendants were no heroes in their criminal vandalism, but what JJ did, in her behaviors during this particular case, was to lionize the disgusting choice of plaintiff by treating the defendants with such contempt. The plaintiff was GOOD; the defendants BAD. Not necessary, and, to me, JJ sent absolutely the wrong message by constructing that scenario.

I actually was impressed that she didn't let it turn into a racist issue.

The plaintiff was the victim here. I personally agree with the sentiment that people who wave the confederate flag are just letting the rest of us know where the stupids are, but its not illegal to be stupid or racist. He's employed, he bought the truck himself, he's a young man doing well for himself. And his truck was vandalized by a bunch of stupid kids who aren't financially independent and spent the entire case snickering at how goddamn cool they were to a) commit vandalism while truck and b) act like snickering dumbasses on a tv show.

Did they have a deep motivation to protest the racial indignities the flag represented? Or were they a bunch of drunk kids who STILL didn't get that it was a crime to decide to go piss on someone else's property for fun? All I got from their little titters and snotty comments was that they thought they were pretty damn cute to be in court and clearly had bets on who would say snotty things to the judge.

That's why JJ lit into them and made the point that the plaintiff in contrast - despite his questionable choice to display a confederate flag - was acting like a responsible man while they were acting like immature stupid boobs. He's out earning a living and they're pissing on his truck and giggling in front of a judge over it. They were complete idiots, even posting pictures of themselves commiting a crime.. was she supposed to applaud their maturity?

• Love 10

Not sure what day this aired but did anyone see the episode of the woman suing about her horses being neglected?  I'm not sure what her case was based on because JJ came at her with both barrels from the get go .... I'm well aware that there are aspects of the case the she is privy to that we as viewer are not but her hostility towards the plaintiff was pretty obvious.  The defendant won without having to hardly say a word.  I thought it was interesting that JJ barely allowed the plaintiff to complete a sentence before she would cut her off and move on to another question.  Really weird.

• Love 2

Not sure what day this aired but did anyone see the episode of the woman suing about her horses being neglected?  I'm not sure what her case was based on because JJ came at her with both barrels from the get go .... I'm well aware that there are aspects of the case the she is privy to that we as viewer are not but her hostility towards the plaintiff was pretty obvious.  The defendant won without having to hardly say a word.  I thought it was interesting that JJ barely allowed the plaintiff to complete a sentence before she would cut her off and move on to another question.  Really weird.

Yeah, I got the impression that JJ was not liking the Plaintiff from the get-go. Kept pressing her about the farm that Nick bought, and how many ranch hands lived there, etc. Apparently her line of questioning was based on some facts she'd read ahead of time that the viewing audience wasn't privy to. But as far as "neglect" goes, it sounded like the Plaintiff's main complaint was mainly about the amount of time the Defendant let the horses out of their stalls. Wasn't about her starving them or physically abusing them. And I think the Plaintiff lost a lot of credibility with JJ when the sheriff's report indicated that she had been hysterical and "out of control" in the sheriff's presence.

• Love 3

Was that the one where at the end the plaintiff claimed her horse almost died - in a tornado?! Yeah, that's the defendant's fault.  I think the big issue with the judge was that the lady left her horse at the stable for several months, and then decided the care wasn't adequate and refused to pay. Kind of like the prom dress ep. She left her horse there, and if conditions were so deplorable, she could have moved her horse. She chose not to. Another "If you send the bad steak back, you don't pay. But if you eat the steak, you pay for it, even if you didn't like it."

• Love 3

WOW some pips on the show today!  The mom of the two sisters, the one she STILL speaks to is a deceiving, stupid, entitled brat. 

The guy who wanted help paying for his dad's life insurance premiums AFTER his dad died!!  "You're a HUSTLA!"

• Love 1

In this case both litigants agreed the plaintiff had paid for the last month her horse was there.   The plaintiff said she moved her horse in the first week of the month (August I think), but JJ said she wasn't getting any portion of the payment back (because JJ hated her ass).  lol

OT - We see many special snowflakes on this show; well my son has the pleasure of supervising one.  He had to do a performance review for the young man (early 20's), and it was a good review with the overall rating for the snowflake being "meets job requirements".  The young man was disappointed because he wanted the "exceeds job requirements" rating.  My son ask him what did he feel he had done to rate an overall rating of "exceeds", his reply "I come to work regularly and I am on time".   So there!!

Edited by momtoall
  • Love 9

"I come to work regularly and I am on time".

JFC. I know I certainly never got special consideration for coming to work regularly and on time. Those things were expected, as they should be when someone is paying you to do just that. Yeah, I know I'm a dreary old grump who goes around saying, "Why, in MY day..."

• Love 5

I am Vincent Taylor that was on JJ for the dental work. I don't meth. I have a gum disease. That chicken and I were friends. Yes we slept together a couple of time but she turned crazy stalker on me. Exactly why she took me on the show. To get me in the same area as her. She lived in Vancouver. I live in Oregon. Do meth heads drive nice trucks and have a house? Meth heads have pits in their face. I have a job, a fiance, and possibly a baby on the way. I didn't use that chicks mom for her money. I didn't want the dental work. My tooth broke. It happens. They offered to help me out, I declined but she kept insisting. I don't do drugs. I have a family. I am a family man. And my fiance? Sexy as fuck!

Edited by CuriousParker
  • Love 1

but exactly how does a horse indicate consent for sex?

When a mare is in season and is receptive to the stallion, she'll stand still, lift her tail and pee and yes, the scent lets the stallion know she's in heat. If she's not, some nasty kicking and biting may come his way. Mares are often more discerning in their choice of a mate than a lot of our litigants.

• Love 9

Do meth heads drive nice trucks and have a house?

If watching burl-collector Coley's episode of Intervention taught me anything, the answer is "yes" to both. But glad to hear you're not on the meth! And glad you're employed because Byrd can't afford to pay for another maybe-baby. He's tapped out.

I didn't want the dental work. My tooth broke. It happens. They offered to help me out, I declined but she kept insisting. 

This "defense" always cracks me the hell up.  My mother-in-law kept insisting that I have another piece of pie at Thanksgiving, but I still managed not to.  Unless they held a gun to your head, you could have managed to resist.  Man the  fuck up.

• Love 10

FC. I know I certainly never got special consideration for coming to work regularly and on time. Those things were expected, as they should be when someone is paying you to do just that. Yeah, I know I'm a dreary old grump who goes around saying, "Why, in MY day..."

When my niece started a new job a couple of years ago the owner said that if she clocked in a few minutes before work started that she would get $1 more per hour that whole day.  I guess he had big problems with the kids who worked for him showing up on time. My niece who is responsible and worked since she was 16 thought it was the craziest thing.

• Love 3

This "defense" always cracks me the hell up.

"I didn't WANT the money to fix my tooth/pay my child support(rent, DUI fines)buy a big screen TV or gamble in Vegas. She FORCED me to take it, honestly, and then when she demanded repayment I called her a crazy stalker who harassed me, therefore I didn't need to pay her back."

I broke a tooth just a few months ago, and for some crazy reason I paid to have it fixed myself! Fool am I.

• Love 4

Why does Vincent's post say "edited by Curious Parker"?  I thought the one who wrote the post is the only one who can edit it.  ??

Anyway, while Vincent is here, maybe he can tell us what it was like to be on the show. 

Why does Vincent's post say "edited by Curious Parker"?  I thought the one who wrote the post is the only one who can edit it.  ??

Anyway, while Vincent is here, maybe he can tell us what it was like to be on the show. 

Curious Parker is a moderator, so probably has the authority to change/delete posts.

• Love 4

Could someone briefly refresh my memories about this case? So many endless cases of grown men taking money from women they all run together in my head.

I dunno, after his post appeared last night, I starting paging back, but I couldn't find it.  This forum has 134 pages!  Is his name mentioned in the post?  I truly don't remember this case either.

I did a search on his name and came up with a comment on dec 2, 2014.  Hey Vincent, was your tooth really small and hard to extract?

Edited by Brattinella
  • Love 1