Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week of 09/05/2016

Jaded
  • Start Topic

17 hours ago, TheGreenKnight said:

I wouldn’t put much stock in their official names. 

From a viewing perspective, that's very true.  A warm body is a warm body.

Their titles are likely tied to the compensation plan that each receives.   Titles and "billing" are among the most coveted things for on-air talent and their agents focus heavily on it.  ABC News probably has guidelines about how each title is paid.  That's one reason why actors/anchors want the "Executive Producer" or even just any Producer title.  It entitles them to additional dollars.  Or clout, in lieu of money.

Speaking of "billing", CCB must have it in her contract to have second-billing, after Ms Goldberg, in the Opening Credits.  Either that, or the union rules require her to be placed ahead of Joy since she signed her current contract before Joy agreed to return FT. 

Edited by SanDiegoInExile
  • Love 1
10 hours ago, Cosmocrush said:

Hey, I thought Whoopi wasn't going to be on Fridays?  

She's appeared on past Fridays. usually on pre-tapes or holiday-shortened weeks.  I think Friday must have been a pre-tape (despite the lack of a chyron notice), in addition to it being a short season-debut week.  The intros this week didn't seem to emphasize "Live" very much in the four new episodes.  I just quickly watched the intros on Comcast-on-Demand.  "Live" was prominently mentioned on Tue+Thur, but not at all on Wednesday. On Friday, it was Chelsea Clinton Live in studio (vs remote? or dead?).  Shocking shocking that a TV network would be purposely vague.

Hopefully we will be back to Joy Fridays for Week Two.

• Love 2
9 hours ago, Athena said:

Reminder: In depth political and news talk is off-topic on these forums. Focus on the hosts and the show, not on the actual Hot Topics and what you think of them. Thanks.

I knew I'd get in trouble. ?  Won't do it again. 

I wanted to drop by to check out what y'all were thinking of The View nowadays.  You've confirmed for me that my choice to quit watching last year is still a good one.  No need for me to get pissed off every single day because of those women and their idiocy.  That "As a Christian" crap from CCB and the arrogance it implies deserves the response it gets.

• Love 3

Speaking of "billing", CCB must have it in her contract to have second-billing, after Ms Goldberg, in the Opening Credits.  Either that, or the union rules require her to be placed ahead of Joy since she signed her current contract before Joy agreed to return FT. 

Nope, CCB doesn't have anything in her contract about the opening order.

A previous poster has correctly said, they are in alphabetical order by their first names after Whoopi in the opening.

Edited by Vinyasa
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, CattyTiger said:

I wanted to drop by to check out what y'all were thinking of The View nowadays.  You've confirmed for me that my choice to quit watching last year is still a good one.  No need for me to get pissed off every single day because of those women and their idiocy.  That "As a Christian" crap from CCB and the arrogance it implies deserves the response it gets.

That was my thought when reading about the boos. People are sick of hearing about it. And it's an excuse for narrow-mindedness. 

• Love 3
On September 8, 2016 at 7:29 PM, Bmarsh said:

that Hillary didn't know C stood for classified. Yet they are both still running? Ugh that just made me so heated. and Raven and Jedediah were right about the younger generation being intelligent, well informed and worried about economy, environment etc. They arent idiots. While Candace shouldnt have been booed she was obviously just emotional today idk or maybe she just really wanted to leave but wow. Crazy episode.

Actually C stands for Confidential NOT Classified so Hillary was right. Shocking that a candidate actually knows some things that lay people don't AND has experience, but let's all listen to Raven and Jedidiah and try to change the two party system overnight by allowing Johnson in when it's clear he knows even less than Trump, if that's at all possible. Voting for a third party is like sending your thoughts and prayers after a shooting. It does nothing.

And seriously, Candace couldn't possibly think Trump is anywhere interested in being a Christian. The man has admitted the only time he went to church was to meet up with a woman he was trying to bang. But hy all means, Candace continue with the charade that he has the values you claim to hold so dear. Just don't be shocked when people think you're full of it. Also, stop starting sentences with "As a Christian..." like you're some damn expert.

• Love 12
35 minutes ago, Meatball said:

"As a Christian..." like you're some damn expert.

...and she probably should qualify her statement.  "As a specific type of Christian--not belonging to a mainstream sect and with a limited but much better set of beliefs...."  So many of today's Evangelical Christians believe and preach that America's other religions are NOT Christian:  Catholic, Lutheran, Mormon, Presbyterian, Episcopalian, etc.  Hillary Clinton is a lifelong Methodist, but apparently that's not Christian enough for Mrs. Bure.

• Love 12
On 9/10/2016 at 9:21 PM, GHScorpiosRule said:

I figured Whoopi was on because it was the first week and it's the 20th Anniversary, etc.

But it isn't technically the 20th anniversary, it's the start of the 20th season, it's the 19th Anniversary.  The View's premiere date was August 11, 1997.

Edited by sugarbaker design
  • Love 1

As a Jew, I'd just like to say...(that sounds absurd. I have never started a sentence with those three words, unless you count all the times that I've told people that butter does NOT belong on a bagel) that I don't understand why Candace has to qualify every opinion she expresses by referencing her religion.  It doesn't give her opinion any more weight or gravitas than saying "as a Jew, I don't believe in putting butter on a bagel, and I won't vote for anyone who does."

• Love 13
23 hours ago, CousinAmy said:

...I don't understand why Candace has to qualify every opinion she expresses by referencing her religion.  

I wonder if there are ladies' groups in various churches that teach the women how to "debate" an issue.  "Always start with 'As a Christian.'"  The same groups teach how to look up at one's husband adoringly, no matter what he is saying--no matter what he has done.  And smile...always smile, even when you're delivering hellfire and damnation.

• Love 4
3 minutes ago, Former Nun said:

I wonder if there are ladies' groups in various churches that teach the women how to "debate" an issue.  "Always start with 'As a Christian.'"  The same groups teach how to look up at one's husband adoringly, no matter what he is saying--no matter what he has done.  And smile...always smile, even when you're delivering hellfire and damnation.

Did you want to post in the current thread or last week's???

4 hours ago, Former Nun said:

4 hours ago, Medicine Crow said:

Did you want to post in the current thread or last week's???

4 hours ago, Former Nun said:

Medicine Crow...at this point I have no clue.

2 minutes ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

Yesterday I posted above about about the show I had just watched and couldn't figure out why no one else was posting, lol. Then I realized I was sitting here staring at the wrong thread.  You are not alone, Former Nun! 

Well, actually, @Former Nun posted what she did in the correct week, as Chipmunk said "As a Christian" over and over again, during last week's (this thread) show and after show. I didn't hear her say it this week. Yet.

• Love 1