Type keyword(s) to search

Tori & Company In The Media

Does anyone else get the feeling that Tori is reading message boards and the comments section on gossip sites? A gossip site was discussing how they think Tori was gaining weight on purpose to get a weight-loss endorsement deal and then Boom. A picture of her appears on her Instagram where she's lying in bed and weirdly showing off her flat stomach. Then someone on here mentions that Tori seems to be overwhelmed by the most basic parenting tasks like the school run and Boom. Tori puts a picture of herself on Instagram where she's taking on the school run with gusto. 

Maybe it's just a big coincidence but her entire Instagram feed seems to currently be a reaction against the criticisms people have had lately of her parenting. 

• Love 7
On 3/20/2018 at 12:18 PM, ARW said:

Does anyone else get the feeling that Tori is reading message boards and the comments section on gossip sites? A gossip site was discussing how they think Tori was gaining weight on purpose to get a weight-loss endorsement deal and then Boom. A picture of her appears on her Instagram where she's lying in bed and weirdly showing off her flat stomach. Then someone on here mentions that Tori seems to be overwhelmed by the most basic parenting tasks like the school run and Boom. Tori puts a picture of herself on Instagram where she's taking on the school run with gusto. 

Maybe it's just a big coincidence but her entire Instagram feed seems to currently be a reaction against the criticisms people have had lately of her parenting. 

Sometimes it really feels that way. I honestly wouldn't doubt it. You never know who is reading forums. There was many a spouse or relative who commented on twop back in the day. 

• Love 3
(edited)

That's pretty funny.

Monroe is just so precious.  She looks so different each time I see her. 

I do hope Tory is doing ok.  She doesn't seem to be though. I wish she could get the treatment she needs. It can be very stressful for the kids to live in a home where the parent is always have anxiety issues. 

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Love 7
50 minutes ago, jcbrown said:

Granted, I don't visit very often, but I just tried to look at Tori's blog and it appears the site at http://www.torispelling.com/ no longer exists. I wonder how long it has been gone? She used it to monetize all sorts of things so I am surprised.

Huh, that's interesting. I never looked at it, but I know she made money off of it. You wouldn't think that would be something she can afford to lose.

• Love 2
7 hours ago, jcbrown said:

Granted, I don't visit very often, but I just tried to look at Tori's blog and it appears the site at http://www.torispelling.com/ no longer exists. I wonder how long it has been gone? She used it to monetize all sorts of things so I am surprised.

I had noticed she quit putting new content a long time ago. I suspected she hadn’t paid up or something and couldn’t add to the site.  Interesting it is gone now. 

• Love 4
7 hours ago, GaT said:

Huh, that's interesting. I never looked at it, but I know she made money off of it. You wouldn't think that would be something she can afford to lose.

Perhaps she wants lack of income to be considered as a factor in her non-payment court case(s).

• Love 4

Both Tori and Dean's sites have been down for a while. Which is a shame because all snark aside they had some good content. Tori had some good crafts that I had bookmarked. Dean had a few good recipes most notably the zucchini lasagna. Just the ad space alone on their sites could've covered hosting and domain costs. At first I thought she took her site down to get everyone to go to JoinTori but then found Dean's gone too. 

• Love 4
(edited)

The thought of a Tori/Jennie-led 90210 reboot is absolutely cringeworthy. That does NOT need to happen. 90210 is not a sacred cow to me by any stretch, I just can’t imagine how they could pull that off without it being utterly embarrassing.

Edited by MilkMachine
  • Love 7
11 minutes ago, MilkMachine said:

The thought of a Tori/Jennie-led 90210 reboot is absolutely cringeworthy. That does NOT need to happen. 90210 is not a sacred cow to me by any stretch, I just can’t imagine how they could pull that off without it being utterly embarrassing.

Add to that their previous show failed--they had something together a few years ago and it didn't last.  Also, Jennie was on the 90210 reboot and she had a minimal part--it wasn't like she was an important part of that show.  I think Tori thinks 90210 will be relevant to everyone, and unfortunately even though it had its fans, I don't think it would be successful either.  It just doesn't help that Tori hasn't been relevant, other than being in the news for issues in her marriage and finances, so she doesn't have any star power to pull it off.

• Love 5

Does the Deaner do these $50 birthday message things too? 

I may know some people who need a Deaner birthday message (if I had extra money, LOL) because I feel like I have some friends who would appreciate me trolling them with a personalized birthday wish from Dean.

• Love 6
7 hours ago, MyPeopleAreNordic said:

Does the Deaner do these $50 birthday message things too? 

I may know some people who need a Deaner birthday message (if I had extra money, LOL) because I feel like I have some friends who would appreciate me trolling them with a personalized birthday wish from Dean.

LOL! A co worker got one from RHOC's Vicki. It's an easy $50 for the celebrities involved. 

• Love 3

Did anyone see her Insta-stories from yesterday? She said she was thinking of taking her kids on a stay-cation. 

I've noticed in the past that she counts any vacation that happens in the state of California as a stay-cation (which is totally not the definition of a stay-cation, but whatever.)

Another vacation? They just got back from vacation. I'm going to have to agree with the previous poster who said "I want to be as broke as she is." 

• Love 13
7 hours ago, ARW said:

Did anyone see her Insta-stories from yesterday? She said she was thinking of taking her kids on a stay-cation. 

I've noticed in the past that she counts any vacation that happens in the state of California as a stay-cation (which is totally not the definition of a stay-cation, but whatever.)

Another vacation? They just got back from vacation. I'm going to have to agree with the previous poster who said "I want to be as broke as she is." 

I really meant it when I said that! I live a very nice life by most standards but she's always on vacation, staycation, hospital vacations, spa/nail trips, shopping! I don't know how she does it! 

• Love 7

This is totally just out of my imagination and based on nothing I've seen in the media, but I started wondering about the project Tori is supposed to be working on with Jennie Garth.  It is supposed to be a reboot of 90210, which just seems strange, since they've already done that.  So now I'm thinking it isn't a reboot so much as a reality show focusing on the two of them as their marriages end/face trouble.  Anybody see that happening?

• Love 4
1 hour ago, henrysmom said:

This is totally just out of my imagination and based on nothing I've seen in the media, but I started wondering about the project Tori is supposed to be working on with Jennie Garth.  It is supposed to be a reboot of 90210, which just seems strange, since they've already done that.  So now I'm thinking it isn't a reboot so much as a reality show focusing on the two of them as their marriages end/face trouble.  Anybody see that happening?

I think that would be much more interesting. How many times can you resurrect 90210 from the dead? The original ran ten years. When I think about it now it baffles me. How did that show last so long? Both of them haven't seemed to find much of a real path for themselves the way some other cast members have post 90210. Tori is the worst of all because despite all my snark on her as I've said in other posts on here she has a bit of talent but she's wasted all the opportunities and open doors. 

But I do like Jenny. I liked her realty show. Maybe when paired together she could buffer the harshness that is Tori.

• Love 4
On 4/18/2018 at 2:12 AM, suomi said:

Her most recent (April 7) tweet promotes personalized videos she is selling for $50. That's the booking fee anyway, I don't know if the finished product ends up costing more. The vids available for viewing are ... well, I'll let you decide.

https://www.bookcameo.com/torispelling

So very cringeworthy! I feel like I say that a lot in this thread.

“Just remember, Donna Martin Graduates!” Wut? Like, I know what she’s referring to, but it reminds me an 80s-era talking doll. Pull the string and she’ll say something about the Peach Pitt!

• Love 3

Everything is fine with Tori...just read this article, she says so!  But seriously, she is definitely on my bad list now with her comments about having just one child in the article.  I get what she is trying to say, but I have all sorts of issues with it.  1), she hasn't handled her life well while still having multiple children 2) it is never just one child.  I always say that I have one, and he is never a "just one" for me 3) not everyone can have children so to make it sound so easy just makes her even worse.

I really don't like her--I get so tired of her acting like she has it all together but she never actually addresses her real issues.  She is definitely not "True Tori" in any sense of the word,

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2018/05/11/tori-spelling-denies-rampant-rumors-family-drama-with-husband-dean-mcdermott.html

• Love 9

Stella's face in the article pic...she's so over it. 

I totally agree, @alexa, completely insensitive to couples who struggle to get pregnant & stay pregnant. Not everyone has her fortune in being able to finger-snap & wind up impregnated with a Dean-spawn. She's not my favorite person, but I'm kinda surprised at how completely insensitive she sounded there. 

• Love 3
3 hours ago, nkotb said:

Stella's face in the article pic...she's so over it. 

I totally agree, @alexa, completely insensitive to couples who struggle to get pregnant & stay pregnant. Not everyone has her fortune in being able to finger-snap & wind up impregnated with a Dean-spawn. She's not my favorite person, but I'm kinda surprised at how completely insensitive she sounded there. 

She even used the word complacent for having one child!  I was thinking that is just not good to think much less say. Also she went on an anniversary trip with a Dean to Hawaii because somehow when you are broke you can do that. Lastly she wrote tributes to all of her kids on Instagram and I always find it interesting how much less she likes Hattie. She talks about her in a less loving way than she does with the others. 

• Love 5

Awwww, I love Hattie! Poor Hattie, she's the Saint West of the McDermotts. 

We actually had a fertility struggle, if you didn't put that together, & my husband & I both always wanted 2, but after we got our 1, we felt so blessed, we were fine with just her. However, we wound up spontaneously getting pregnant with #2, but if we hadn't, it wasn't because we were complacent or selfish in not giving her a sibling, it was because we fought infertility for 3 1/2 years, & it sucked every single month. When you get a miracle, you accept it with gratitude & count your blessings. When you get that miracle 5 times, you don't judge others who aren't as fortunate as you, just count your blessings. Grrrr, it infuriates me when people think fertility is something everyone is blessed with. 1 in 5 couples with infertility. 20% of couples struggle to get & stay pregnant. Shut up, Tori.

We are far from wealthy, but I wish we were as "broke" as Tori & Dean. We both work, & there's no way we could afford an anniversary trip to Hawaii, just the 2 of us, plus, childcare for while we were gone. If I was as stupid about money as they are, I'd never let the world know that I also vacationed, & threw extravagant parties, & had designer clothes. 

• Love 8
On 5/14/2018 at 8:11 PM, alexa said:

Lastly she wrote tributes to all of her kids on Instagram and I always find it interesting how much less she likes Hattie. She talks about her in a less loving way than she does with the others. 

Maybe it's because Hattie looks like Candy (am I the only one who notices this?) 

Or maybe it's because Hattie isn't validating Tori enough. I watched a special Tori & Dean did on the Food Network (I think it was a Thanksgiving special) and Hattie was giving Tori serious attitude. I loved it! 

I think Tori has such a sick need for validation and adoration that she even wants it from her kids. Hence her need to always having a baby around. 

I can't wait until Hattie writes a tell-all book trashing Tori. 

• Love 8

Does Candy mind being sorta shamed by association like that? Will she pony up if they're on an actual public list?

I hope Candy is leaving all of her money to charities that provide education to girls around the world.

• Love 2
(edited)
On 5/14/2018 at 11:01 AM, alexa said:

Everything is fine with Tori...just read this article, she says so!  But seriously, she is definitely on my bad list now with her comments about having just one child in the article.  I get what she is trying to say, but I have all sorts of issues with it.  1), she hasn't handled her life well while still having multiple children 2) it is never just one child.  I always say that I have one, and he is never a "just one" for me 3) not everyone can have children so to make it sound so easy just makes her even worse.

I really don't like her--I get so tired of her acting like she has it all together but she never actually addresses her real issues.  She is definitely not "True Tori" in any sense of the word,

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2018/05/11/tori-spelling-denies-rampant-rumors-family-drama-with-husband-dean-mcdermott.html

It's ridiculous that she frames her overbreeding as a result of her being an overachiever, essentially, and wanting to accomplish as much as possible. In reality, her favorite hobby is staying in the hospital, which she does as much as possible between lavish vacations. The most "work" she's done in the past several years is being filmed acting like a lunatic for a series of reality shows. And it's pretty clear that Dean and the nannies do 95% of the childcare (being generous).

On 5/14/2018 at 8:11 PM, alexa said:

She even used the word complacent for having one child!  I was thinking that is just not good to think much less say. Also she went on an anniversary trip with a Dean to Hawaii because somehow when you are broke you can do that. Lastly she wrote tributes to all of her kids on Instagram and I always find it interesting how much less she likes Hattie. She talks about her in a less loving way than she does with the others. 

Hasn't she said that she was less attached to Hattie (and super attached to Finn) because she had such a rough pregnancy with Finn and was on bedrest for months while Hattie was still an infant and Dean did everything taking care of her? (Another totally inappropriate thing to share.) The McDermott kids are going to be so fucked up.

Edited by TheRealT
  • Love 12

We can all get trips to Hawaii, pay for our children's college tuition and even pass on our business to them if we sign up at jointori.com ?

Is that how Jack's education is being paid for? 

• Love 2

I had a bizarre random thought. If T&D weren't so clearly unsuitable as adoptive parents in every way, I wonder whether Tori would have been one of those people who adopted a bunch of kids in addition to her bio brood? Highly publicized adoptions (especially of kids of different races) garner just as much, or more, attention as birthing a bunch of bio kids and I feel like getting attention/power/money are among Tori's primary motives for procreating. Actually, if they were more financially and generally stable, they could probably adopt despite how obviously fucked up they are, so I guess it's a blessing that they're not able to fake it to that extent. 

• Love 5
19 hours ago, TheRealT said:

I had a bizarre random thought. If T&D weren't so clearly unsuitable as adoptive parents in every way, I wonder whether Tori would have been one of those people who adopted a bunch of kids in addition to her bio brood? Highly publicized adoptions (especially of kids of different races) garner just as much, or more, attention as birthing a bunch of bio kids and I feel like getting attention/power/money are among Tori's primary motives for procreating. Actually, if they were more financially and generally stable, they could probably adopt despite how obviously fucked up they are, so I guess it's a blessing that they're not able to fake it to that extent. 

I think Tori likes the attention she gets when she's pregnant too much to adopt. Her mysterious illnesses seem to always mysteriously disappear when she's pregnant, probably because she's getting so much attention from being pregnant. 

But, having said that, it wouldn't surprise me if Tori and Dean tried the surrogacy route once she becomes too old to get pregnant. I'm not sure they qualify to adopt, but I wouldn't put it past them to somehow find the money to try surrogacy. 

• Love 9
1 hour ago, ARW said:

I think Tori likes the attention she gets when she's pregnant too much to adopt. Her mysterious illnesses seem to always mysteriously disappear when she's pregnant, probably because she's getting so much attention from being pregnant. 

But, having said that, it wouldn't surprise me if Tori and Dean tried the surrogacy route once she becomes too old to get pregnant. I'm not sure they qualify to adopt, but I wouldn't put it past them to somehow find the money to try surrogacy. 

She seems to thrive on being ill or having medical issues. There's such a sad need for constant attention, praise there. I could see her trying to be a Mia Farrow/Angelina Jolie though

• Love 3
17 minutes ago, LemonSoda said:

She seems to thrive on being ill or having medical issues. There's such a sad need for constant attention, praise there. I could see her trying to be a Mia Farrow/Angelina Jolie though

Sometimes people are like that because when they were kids their parent(s) gave them sufficient attention only when they were sick. OK, sad. But, there comes a time to deal with that and grow the fuck up. 

• Love 7
2 hours ago, suomi said:

Sometimes people are like that because when they were kids their parent(s) gave them sufficient attention only when they were sick. OK, sad. But, there comes a time to deal with that and grow the fuck up. 

Exactly! With every resource available to her over the years and even now she should be working on all of her issues, not feeding them. 

• Love 6

The badly photoshopped picture of Tori just put up on her Instgram page is so bizarre. Does she think we don't have eyes and can't see how fake it is. It's the worst photoshopping I've ever seen. 

• Love 3
6 hours ago, ARW said:

The badly photoshopped picture of Tori just put up on her Instgram page is so bizarre. Does she think we don't have eyes and can't see how fake it is. It's the worst photoshopping I've ever seen. 

You are correct, ARW. It's like she stuck someone else's similar head onto someone else's body. Super fake.

• Love 3

I don't do Instagram but wandered onto Tori's site (page?--sorry, I'm old and don't know the correct terminology).  I only looked at a few posts but she sure got a lot of nasty comments from people.   Granted most of the stuff on there seemed to be her trying to sell something so I don't really blame people.  But I do have to wonder how many of her followers are true fans.

• Love 2

Tori has deleted the picture. And now she's on vacation. AGAIN. I think they go on vacation at least once  month. It amazes me that she dares to try to portray herself as an everyday wife and Mom who is living on a budget when she's living the kind of luxury lifestyle that most people can only dream about. 

• Love 10
1 hour ago, ARW said:

Tori has deleted the picture. And now she's on vacation. AGAIN. I think they go on vacation at least once  month. It amazes me that she dares to try to portray herself as an everyday wife and Mom who is living on a budget when she's living the kind of luxury lifestyle that most people can only dream about. 

While also owing close to $500K in taxes!!

• Love 10