Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E02: Loose Lips

Michelle decides she has got off on the wrong foot with the ladies at Julia's birthday lunch and invites them all to dinner at her fabulous Coatesville mansion. Angela consults her life coach and decides Anne is in need of her styling advice. Best friends Michelle and Gilda meet up with their dogs to discuss the other ladies but Michelle's dog has got other things on his mind. At the dinner party, Julia reveals that she has heard some terrible gossip about Gilda.

I am LOVING this show so far!!  Two episodes in, and Angela keeps making an ass of herself.  Watching her try to passive-aggressively go after Gilda all evening during Michelle's dinner party was soooooooo cringeworthy!  The other ladies just aren't having it.

And what was up with carting a rack full of clothes to Anne's?  Is Angela socially r*******?  Something just ain't right with her...

Loving Gilda and Michelle's fabulosity and no-nonsense attitude.  In fact, I find Louise and Anne pretty fab, too.  I love rich, older ladies who just don't give a shit.

Julia has the least presence and seems the most forgettable so far.  Two episodes in, and I feel like she hasn't added anything except window dressing.

• Love 7

Gilda wins everything!

"I'd rather dig gold than shit."

(To Angela) "Do you know what I've heard about you?  Not a fucking thing."

BUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUURRRRRRRRRRRNNN!

Angela needs to learn not to come for someone unless they send for her.  Gilda handled that beautifully, IMO.  Just shut her down until she scurried away with her tail between her legs.  Brava, Gilda (& Bravo)!  

• Love 14

Agreed!  Angela just ran away.  I have a feeling she's going to be a one-and-done, as she seems to have systematically alienated herself from these women, one by one.  I think Window Dressing is the only she has left, and even then, Julia's chasing after Angela's retreat was halfhearted, at best.

• Love 2

I felt sorry for Angela after the first episode because she seems spectacularly unselfaware. I thought her babbling at the birthday party might have been nerves. But no. She made this episode all about her, her shabby styling business and she revealed her small and nasty side. Unless she's gone in like Bethenny with a view to owning the franchise, but it ain't going to fly. Gilda was golden. She's going to be celebrated for her fabulousness, she just sat back with that look of cool disdain and let Angela commit social hari kiri with a butter knife. Angela just managed to alienate the entire dinner table. When Michelle's husband forgot to give her a glass of champagne, it was a reality tv sign. Like not getting a white rose. I don't even know why she has such a hard on for Gilda when Michelle was the person who was genuinely rude to her. What a foolish woman. Surely she would have rethought handing out her shabby self promoting style guide after episode 1, but no, she doubles down this episode with not only the book but hauling a whole rack of crap, unsolicited, to Anne's afternoon tea. I certainly felt lethargic watching her schlep it over the doorway and onto the marble. Who does that? 

Michelle's dinner party looked pretty uninspired. At least pop for in house catering instead of a bunch of platters you've just torn the glad wrap off. And serve champagne in flutes! 

Was Angela in a taxi at the end, too? This is Howives Lite. 

• Love 3
On Monday, September 05, 2016 at 0:35 AM, CrinkleCutCat said:

So what are the nasty rumors about Gilda?! 

I am assuming what they bleeped out was that she used to be a call girl/prostitute. 

I missed the premiere but quite enjoyed this episode.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Schnickelfritz said:

Angela is Auckland's Lydiot! She just said purging your wardrobe is "lethargic". And bringing a rack of clothes that no one asked for. Priceless.

She kept saying lethargic and I kept wondering if her dumbass meant cathartic.

On 9/4/2016 at 6:52 AM, queenjen said:

I felt sorry for Angela after the first episode because she seems spectacularly unselfaware. I thought her babbling at the birthday party might have been nerves. But no. She made this episode all about her, her shabby styling business and she revealed her small and nasty side. Unless she's gone in like Bethenny with a view to owning the franchise, but it ain't going to fly. Gilda was golden. She's going to be celebrated for her fabulousness, she just sat back with that look of cool disdain and let Angela commit social hari kiri with a butter knife. Angela just managed to alienate the entire dinner table. When Michelle's husband forgot to give her a glass of champagne, it was a reality tv sign. Like not getting a white rose. I don't even know why she has such a hard on for Gilda when Michelle was the person who was genuinely rude to her. What a foolish woman. Surely she would have rethought handing out her shabby self promoting style guide after episode 1, but no, she doubles down this episode with not only the book but hauling a whole rack of crap, unsolicited, to Anne's afternoon tea. I certainly felt lethargic watching her schlep it over the doorway and onto the marble. Who does that? 

Angela overplayed her hand. Michelle was really rude to her at the birthday party. The smarter strategy would be to sit back and let Michelle and Gilda dig their own graves.

Angela is also thirsty that she can't stop pimping her brand whether it makes sense to or not. Bethenny shows up at a party with Skinnygirl wine or liquor because it's acceptable to bring wine or liquor when you are someone's guest. She doesn't show up with Skinnygirl shape wear, stevia, and a blender because that's fucking weird. No one does that. No one except Angela who brings her book and a rack of clothing when invited for tea. Heather Thomson wasn't weirdly gifting the women Yummie Tummie gear. She gave stuff out when it made sense like at her fashion show, when they went on vacation, and for Kristen's denim and diamonds event. Angela's styling book and tips should only come up when they are out shopping or if she was helping Louise pick outfits for her new head shots.

• Love 5

Anne noted that Angela probably meant cathertic instead of lethargic. It was so weird and random for her to drag a rack of clothing to the afternoon tea. I did love Anne shutting down every clothing choice Angela showed her. 

At the dinner party it was very rude of Angela to leave without saying goodbye to the hostest Michelle.

Julia was the one who first used the term 'goldigger' to describe Gilda. Anne just repeated the word back to her, so I don't see why she was credited/blamed for bringing it up. I thought Anne would've been more defensive and annoyed about that.

• Love 3

Loving this show so far.

I agree that Angela seems to be this show's lydiot . She was really trying to shit stir at the dinner. I felt a tiny bit bad for her when Michelle was such a bitch to her, but she is horrible and seems hell bent to go after Gilda . And who brings a bunch of clothes to tea . 

Michelle's room with only a swing bed was ridiculous. As is Michelle so I guess it makes sense. 

Julia seems meh to me. 

• Love 4

What's the name of Angela's book? I want to go to Amazon and read some reviews. 

That clothes rack. Who does that? 

At least Gilda knows the gossip is out there regarding her mysterious past. It'll be interesting to see how that plays out.

• Love 1

Well, those reviews didn't inspire much confidence in Ms. Stone's abilities, especially the second one.

I think this show is kind of weird and the women are downright creepy. They seems like a low-rent version of the "Real Housewives of Beverly Hills." The one, "Champagne Lady," seems like the Lisa Vanderpump role only she's obsessed with cats. Her hair looks absolutely terrible and she needs to go have her eyebrows microbladed or something.  How old is she anyway? At least old enough to have gone through menopause.

Louise seems OK. At least she is relatable.

Julia was a model? Sorry. But I found her to be very unattractive, as well as the other "model," Michelle. I think pot met kettle with the gold digger remark about Gilda.

Michelle's house was hideous, especially that gaudy gold marble bar and the fake peacock tail thing in the background.

Angela was frightening.  She really had to manufacturer a reason to go after Gilda. If I recall, when Angela was introduced to Gilda, she came to Gilda's back/side. It would have been awkward for Gilda to rise from the table to shake Angela's hand.

Maybe it's a cultural thing but these women don't have that layer of deviousness, passive-aggressiveness, drunken frivolity, etc., that I am used to with the U.S. franchises. They go straight for the jugular with not build-up, which is no fun.

I might watch it one more time to see if it grows on me. I think the show is definitely missing the "heavy-handed Cohen touch!" LOL!

• Love 1
7 hours ago, poeticlicensed said:

Michelle's room with only a swing bed was ridiculous. As is Michelle so I guess it makes sense. 

That wasn't a room it was outside on her backyard patio.

I missed the premiere and I only watched this episode on the recommendation of Ronnie and Ben from Watch What Crappens, but I am HERE for it.  Some of these women are low rent, but they bring the drama from Jump Street.  Anne is Lisa Vanderpump cloned, and I love it.  Why on earth would they bleep "prostitute"?

• Love 2
On 8/23/2016 at 7:21 PM, strongoxman said:

Agreed!  Angela just ran away.  I have a feeling she's going to be a one-and-done, as she seems to have systematically alienated herself from these women, one by one.  I think Window Dressing is the only she has left, and even then, Julia's chasing after Angela's retreat was halfhearted, at best.

I think this entire franchise is a one and done based on the midseason issue that cost them a bunch of advertisers.

On 7/30/2017 at 10:20 PM, schmickschmack said:

Why on earth would they bleep "prostitute"?

I think they bleeped it because Gilda made a stink about it like when the Maloof insisted that her surrogacy be removed from Beverly Hills.

• Love 1

Just found this show and really enjoyed it, but gosh these women are terrible! They make the other housewives look restrained. Usually there is a build up to the drama, but these women started right out of the gate. 

I thought Anne and Julia gossiping about Gilda when she was there in another room was horrible. Julia looked gleeful when she goaded Anne into calling Gilda a gold digger. Some of these women have just met and they're already slinging dirt at each other. Sheesh! I didn't understand the bleeping either. 

I also felt sorry for Angela when Michelle called her plus size in the first show, but I don't now. Angela was really nasty at the dinner party. And her line that Gilda should know what people are saying about her was just utter BS. She just wanted to be mean. I guess Angela doesn't believe in the adage, "if you don't have something nice to say..."

I don't really like Gilda--find her cold and offputting--but she handled herself very well. I like Louise the best. I don't think Julia is very attractive--maybe at a distance--and am not sure why she thinks so highly of her looks. Perhaps the tall, blonde thing gets her a lot of attention? 

Michelle also strikes me as someone who could go for the jugular. The only other one I like is Anne. Absolutely love the scenery! 

Edited by Sweet-tea
  • Love 3

Angela's crotch in the red pants she wore to the champagne ladies tea was insane. I would not be keen to take fashion tips from her. Also, the healer or psychic or whatever she went to....  it was hilarious and kind of tragic. I can't believe people actually make money doing this kind of poppycock. Makes me think I might've gone to the wrong field. I could've stood over people grunting and made a pretty penny.