Type keyword(s) to search

Tyler Gets Weird About Catelynn's Weight Once Again In This Teen Mom Clip

Primetimer
  • Start Topic

He is such a smug asshole.  He really thinks he is the most.  And the way she is constantly laughing off his  insults makes my teeth itch. Its not funny for your man to call you a heifer.  And sweetie, he was calling you a heifer.

Some things come with age and for me it was becoming intolerant to bullshit.  I just got so I couldn't hear it anymore and I would lash out immediately and now people really think 3x before they come at me sideways.  I hope that happens for Catelynn sooner than later cause this bitch ass is really comfortable throwing all types of shade her way.

Edited by Brooklynista
  • Love 8

In a way I feel bad for Tyler with regard to the issue of Catelynn's weight (although it's horrible to bring the term "heifer" into it, Christ). She has completely stopped trying even to appear remotely healthy. It seems like no matter what approach he takes to "gently" bring it up, nothing works. And I know it's controversial but I do feel that spouses owe it to each other to put it some effort with regard to this stuff.

It's also pretty disturbing to hear her ask whether or not they're going to have a big family, because if they are then screw it, she's going to be really obese until they're done having kids?That's a horribly unhealthy way of looking at it. 

• Love 6

The next time Tyler gets in on Catelynn about her weight gain, I really want her to snap back about how he still looks and sounds like he's thirteen-years-old. Why is he still dressing like some wannabe gangster? When I think of tough guys, Tyler Baltierra does not spring to mind. Ponyboy Curtis has more street cred than this assclown does. 

In a way, Cate really does need to get serious about losing weight. She constantly brings it up and then does nothing about it. So, yeah, that can be annoying. But Tyler had no right calling her a heifer because, yes, that's what he was calling her even though he said he wasn't. I thought Cate's snide "Well, maybe I'll put off losing weight until we're done having kids" comment was really directed at him for that awful, awful response. She knows it really bugs Tyler that she's overweight and isn't shedding the pounds. She'll never call him out for saying shit like that to her, but she can be just as passive-aggressive when she wants to be. These two are so dysfunctional together. They're more like platonic roommates than a loving husband and wife. I see more chemistry between freaking Kail and Jo than I do between Cate and Ty. Not a good sign. 

• Love 8
3 hours ago, Caracoa1 said:

Nova is a little doll but it does appear she has a inherited more of Catelynn's genes...mainly her more bigger boned frame....will Tyler start in on her as she grows up?

Tyler will absolutely give Nova shit if she becomes overweight like Catelynn (and, given that neither of this kid's parents seem to be modeling healthy eating habits for her, it's very likely). I mean, Ty's already made fun of Carly for being so tall, and she's the golden child. I can just imagine the crap he'll dole out to Nova if she even gets a little too heavy for his liking. 

Edited by geekamonggeeks
  • Love 8

I kind of had a physical reaction to that. Like my face just morphed into a face I couldn't control. I won't discuss Cate's weight because honestly..I hate talking about other peoples weight. But I can talk about Tyler.. WTF. That was gross. The fact that Cate laughs is sad and explains the reason they are together to me, Tyler is all she's known since she was a teen. I still remember when he flipped over her ex boyfriend from Florida and he demanded phone records and then he Pretty Little Lied them into the river, and Cate acted like that was some grand romantic thing. It wasn't. 

• Love 5
20 hours ago, Caracoa1 said:

Nova is a little doll but it does appear she has a inherited more of Catelynn's genes...mainly her more bigger boned frame....will Tyler start in on her as she grows up?

in Cate's 16 & pregnant episode, her face was sort of small & delicate.  Most of us women have trouble losing the baby weight, and then age & more babies kind of exacerbates it.

not that it matters, Cate's a lovely girl who deserves to be treated like a queen, especially because he'd probably sponging off some poor lady who earns her living making  minimum wage if she hadn't kept him around

• Love 5

I don't know what the big deal is. He said he didn't want NO heifer, therefore, stuff your face, Catelynn, while PylerShit writes his great American novel. No proof reader needed to finish that book, eh? Bloody hell.

Edited by Katt
  • Love 5

There is no way that quesadilla is 7 points.  Isn't a point equal to 50 calories?  It was huge and I know she said she looked it up and it said restaurant style but I would guess a restaurant quesadilla is closer to 700 calories or more.  Why are they eating takeout at all?? It's not hard to make a quesadilla at home which would be smaller and healthier and it looked like Tyler was eating chicken fingers which you could also do at home yourself and bake them and they would be a million times healthier.  It's not hard!

edited to add I just looked up a chicken quesadilla at Don Pablo's to see if I was close and their's is 1490 calories!!!!!

Edited by poopchute
  • Love 2
43 minutes ago, poopchute said:

There is no way that quesadilla is 7 points.  Isn't a point equal to 50 calories?  It was huge and I know she said she looked it up and it said restaurant style but I would guess a restaurant quesadilla is closer to 700 calories or more.  Why are they eating takeout at all?? It's not hard to make a quesadilla at home which would be smaller and healthier and it looked like Tyler was eating chicken fingers which you could also do at home yourself and bake them and they would be a million times healthier.  It's not hard!

edited to add I just looked up a chicken quesadilla at Don Pablo's to see if I was close and their's is 1490 calories!!!!!

I always assumed they order for themselves and the crew during filming, but that doesn't mean they can't order a salad. the Kardashians have mastered the art of ordering lettuce so it can be done.

• Love 3

Maybe they do order out, but they film for a week straight right? Or am I making this up? I think someone reported it's one week a month.  No way would I order takeout for a week or even just several days in a row. I try to eat clean all week and then have a cheat meal on the weekend. Eating takeout for a whole week would destroy most people's diets. But I guess none of these fools care about what they eat. I am sure if any of these idiots wanted to cook, the crew could still order and eat their own takeout while the teen moms cooked whatever they wanted to eat.  I know everyone on this show is always shown eating takeout or eating in restaurants so you're right I'm sure it is for filming but I can't imagine they HAVE TO order out and there are still one million healthy takeout options.

Have we ever seen anyone on teen mom one or two eating anything healthy? I'm trying to think of an example and I cannot.

Edited by poopchute
  • Love 2

I know we only see a very small glimpse of these people's lives, but I don't doubt for a second that Catelynn and Tyler eat take-out all the time. Catelynn gained a lot of weight after having Carly and tried to blame it on her pregnancy. I know she put on about 70 pounds or so the first time around, but there's no way she got that heavy if she hadn't been making so many poor eating choices. There's no way that was all from being pregnant. Their poor diet is also catching up to Tyler. I know he looks skinnier than Cate because he's taller and probably has faster metabolism, but you can see it in his face that it's catching up to him. He's starting to look a little chunky himself, yet he has the audacity to call Cate a heifer because her weight gain is more obvious. What an ass. 

I know from first-hand experience that eating nothing but garbage and then not doing any activities or exercise will make you feel like crap. That's probably one of the reasons why they look so miserable; they're eating fast food all the the time and then sitting around, checking their social media likes or trying to type the Great American Novel. Tyler's a bullshitter through and through, but they both could do with going out for walks with their daughter every evening or so. It would make them feel so much better and get the ball rolling when it comes to exercising and getting healthy. But they just choose not to. They're, what, only twenty-four at this point? They're both already looking so rough and worn-out. It's almost a shame. 

• Love 2
19 minutes ago, poopchute said:

They don't know how to place a chicken breast on a pan and put it in the oven?

They know how to do that, but then they'll just dump a ton of salt all over their food and completely undo any of the health benefits they could be getting. 

I only shame  Tyler for the way he talks to someone he loves. 

As for their eating habits, I doubt too very much that April was cooking for Cate anything, just passing her a takeout menu and the phone. As for Tyler it's strange I always feel for Cate more in this situation because there were moments where she had no parent at all, Tyler had his mom though and I can think she probably home cooked a few meals. I could be wrong but she always came off as nurturing.

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, WhosThatGirl said:

I only shame  Tyler for the way he talks to someone he loves. 

As for their eating habits, I doubt too very much that April was cooking for Cate anything, just passing her a takeout menu and the phone. As for Tyler it's strange I always feel for Cate more in this situation because there were moments where she had no parent at all, Tyler had his mom though and I can think she probably home cooked a few meals. I could be wrong but she always came off as nurturing.

I agree. Tyler seemed like he had a semi-normal home growing up. I know Butch being in and out of his life had to be rough, but Kim's been on the straight and narrow for years. Cate, on the other hand, would've been better off being raised by wolves. I guess it just annoys me that they talk about losing weight, going on diets, and then do absolutely nothing. Then the cycle starts up again at some point---complain, half-ass some attempt at exercise/diet, repeat. It's the same as their spending years talking about going to college and getting good careers, yet nothing came out of it. 

• Love 2

But they are grown adults with a child of their own.  They really need to observe someone else bake a chicken breast before they can figure it out?  It's pretty terrifying to think that they are so, so stupid that they can't do anything that they didn't see while growing up.  How do they function at all?  They are on the Internet all day. They can't google it?  How old is Nova? What does she eat?

• Love 5
36 minutes ago, geekamonggeeks said:

I agree. Tyler seemed like he had a semi-normal home growing up. I know Butch being in and out of his life had to be rough, but Kim's been on the straight and narrow for years. Cate, on the other hand, would've been better off being raised by wolves. I guess it just annoys me that they talk about losing weight, going on diets, and then do absolutely nothing. Then the cycle starts up again at some point---complain, half-ass some attempt at exercise/diet, repeat. It's the same as their spending years talking about going to college and getting good careers, yet nothing came out of it. 

I remember reading somewhere that Tyler's mom wasn't home much because she was working, I assume. They were left alone unsupervised even as middle schoolers.

11 minutes ago, DangerousMinds said:

I remember reading somewhere that Tyler's mom wasn't home much because she was working, I assume. They were left alone unsupervised even as middle schoolers.

That makes sense. With Butch in and out of prison, she'd have to be working her ass off to support two kids. Kim seems stable enough, but I dislike her. I don't like the fact that she simultaneously expects Tyler to grow up and mollycoddles him. She also validates all of his asshole behavior and constantly encourages him to throw Catelynn under the bus. Remember when she referred to Cate as 'the girl who came to our house and never left" at their wedding reception? Something tells me Kim wasn't joking around. 

• Love 5

Kim was overweight for a long time and only recently (like when OG returned) had she lost the extra weight she was carrying. She obviously now works at staying thin. I'm really hoping that there's some of Kim's genes that kick in on Tyler as he ages and he won't be able to keep eating trash without gaining weight. Right now he's just young and lucky. I'm hoping in his 30s he starts to gain weight from all the crap he's eating so he can have an epiphany about how hard it is for everyone else to keep weight off while eating pizza and fried chicken. And I hope by then Catelynn has lost weight, is thin and healthy and is all judgmental about what a heifer Tyler is. 

Edited by MyPeopleAreNordic
  • Love 4
23 hours ago, poopchute said:

But they are grown adults with a child of their own.  They really need to observe someone else bake a chicken breast before they can figure it out?  It's pretty terrifying to think that they are so, so stupid that they can't do anything that they didn't see while growing up.  How do they function at all?  They are on the Internet all day. They can't google it?  How old is Nova? What does she eat?

In a perfect world, children who grow up with shitty parents will learn and figure out how to do better. Does it happen?  Absolutely!  Does it happen for every person? No.  I hope Caitlin can figure out how to get out from in front of herself.  Get healthy and lose that huge ass,  that is Tyler. 

Someone mentioned Caitlin being big boned,  I don't see her as big boned.  She has some weight to lose.  Once she does,  I'm sure she'll look pretty small.  Tyler's mom is what I might consider big boned,  taller broader shoulders. 

Edited by imjagain
  • Love 5
54 minutes ago, evilmindatwork said:

Did Tyler just criticize the size of Cate's quesadilla while munching on chicken fingers and chips?

Everytime he opens his mouth it's either to criticize someone or something or shovel  some takeout into it. 

• Love 3

It sucks that the two main people in Cate's life eat crap and stay thin...April and Tyler.  It probably makes them feel superior to her, when they are leading a lifestyle that is just as unhealthy.

• Love 6
6 minutes ago, qtpye said:

It sucks that the two main people in Cate's life eat crap and stay thin...April and Tyler.  It probably makes them feel superior to her, when they are leading a lifestyle that is just as unhealthy.

April is probably very thin due to prolonged drug abuse. Tyler, on the other hand, just has a very fast metabolism. His face was looking pretty chunky in the "Being Butch" special, so I reckon that his unhealthy diet and sedentary lifestyle are slowly but surely catching up to him. There are also rumors that he and Cate party and drink a lot more than they let on; excessive drinking can also cause weight gain  and bloating. 

Catelynn's only five-foot-two, right? That could explain why she looks so heavy; she's shorter than Tyler and his mother, so her weight gain is more obvious than theirs. I do really want them both to get healthy for Nova's sake. They're the ones who are modeling this kind of behavior for her. I know it's been said that healthy food choices were not modeled for them growing up, but it's 2016 now. We're living in the age of Google, where most of the time you can find any kind of info on any kind of subject of your choosing. If they can go online all the time to monitor their social media accounts and sell their bullshit stories to tabloids, then they could be doing a whole lot more research on what foods to eat, what diets may work for them, etc. They really don't have any excuses whatsoever when it comes to knowing this stuff. 

Edited by geekamonggeeks
  • Love 5
11 hours ago, geekamonggeeks said:

April is probably very thin due to prolonged drug abuse. Tyler, on the other hand, just has a very fast metabolism. His face was looking pretty chunky in the "Being Butch" special, so I reckon that his unhealthy diet and sedentary lifestyle are slowly but surely catching up to him. There are also rumors that he and Cate party and drink a lot more than they let on; excessive drinking can also cause weight gain  and bloating. 

Catelynn's only five-foot-two, right? That could explain why she looks so heavy; she's shorter than Tyler and his mother, so her weight gain is more obvious than theirs. I do really want them both to get healthy for Nova's sake. They're the ones who are modeling this kind of behavior for her. I know it's been said that healthy food choices were not modeled for them growing up, but it's 2016 now. We're living in the age of Google, where most of the time you can find any kind of info on any kind of subject of your choosing. If they can go online all the time to monitor their social media accounts and sell their bullshit stories to tabloids, then they could be doing a whole lot more research on what foods to eat, what diets may work for them, etc. They really don't have any excuses whatsoever when it comes to knowing this stuff. 

Tyler's not an expert on healthy foods and a proper diet and exercise? I find that hard to believe, I mean he's an expert on everything. 

• Love 6
1 hour ago, iwasish said:

Tyler's not an expert on healthy foods and a proper diet and exercise? I find that hard to believe, I mean he's an expert on everything. 

Oh, damn, my mistake. How could I doubt somebody who's writing TWO books and gave his kid up for adoption? 

• Love 4
On ‎8‎/‎20‎/‎2016 at 0:48 AM, Pdxblonde said:

April may be thin, but she doesn't look healthy. She also looks a decade or more older than her actual age, both most likely due to prolonged drug use. She's not an attractive woman, IMO.

I think she looks sort of cute sometimes, like at the wedding.  I don't know why, I feel a little bit sorry for her...she kind of seems to be reaching, too, like she's never had solid support in her life either.

Edited by teapot
  • Love 3

Speaking of April, I read an interview with Catelynn's maternal grandmother years ago. She said that April actually wanted to give Cate up for adoption, and Grandma pressured her to parent because "Our family doesn't believe in giving up our own flesh and blood." Grandma also more or less disowned Catelynn for adopting Carly out. After reading this, I've always wondered whether April's anger towards Cate during the adoption mess was really resentment or envy that Cate got to give up her baby and keep her teenage years---something April was prevented from doing when she was stuck in the same situation. Food for thought, at least. 

• Love 7
1 hour ago, geekamonggeeks said:

Speaking of April, I read an interview with Catelynn's maternal grandmother years ago. She said that April actually wanted to give Cate up for adoption, and Grandma pressured her to parent because "Our family doesn't believe in giving up our own flesh and blood." Grandma also more or less disowned Catelynn for adopting Carly out. After reading this, I've always wondered whether April's anger towards Cate during the adoption mess was really resentment or envy that Cate got to give up her baby and keep her teenage years---something April was prevented from doing when she was stuck in the same situation. Food for thought, at least. 

This is interesting, thanks for posting this.  

I was just watching some old episodes.  The episode of catelynn  looking for a prom dress, left me speechless and sad. April was just down right mean. And it came out of no where. 

Edited by imjagain
  • Love 1

For all Tyler's self pity about being brought up by a loving working mother and not having his dead-beat dad around to deal with, I'd say Catelynn had a far worse childhood.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Katt said:

For all Tyler's self pity about being brought up by a loving working mother and not having his dead-beat dad around to deal with, I'd say Catelynn had a far worse childhood.

That's how I feel. Catelynn really did have no one at times it seems like. I'm sure she escaped to Tyler's because of him and his mom but it just proves the point. Her house wasn't safe.

• Love 2

I'm not saying I would love my teenaged son's girlfriend living in my house, but Kim has made it abundantly clear that she does not care for Catelynn and did Tyler's dirty work in getting her to move out with nowhere to go. April had bagged Cate's stuff up and told her to get on with it, but you don't hear her harping on about it like Tyler about his dad. He can just STFU. Wants it both ways, "You were never there!" (Physically) AND "You were abusive!" 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, WhosThatGirl said:

That's how I feel. Catelynn really did have no one at times it seems like. I'm sure she escaped to Tyler's because of him and his mom but it just proves the point. Her house wasn't safe.

My heart goes out to Catelynn because I always think of what it was like, right after she gave Carly up, and the time came for her to go back home. I hope Kim let her stay with them for a little bit shortly after the adoption was finalized, but at some point Cate returned to April because she moved out temporarily in season 1. I mean, Jesus Christ. Cate just gave her baby up, feels so alone and torn up about it, and her mother and stepfather are carrying on about how she abandoned her daughter and she's a piece of shit mother for daring to place Carly with a more suitable family. That poor girl. At least Tyler had Kim; Cate had absolutely no one in her corner since day one. No wonder she's so broken down these days. You can't go on forever without addressing those types of issues. 

• Love 5