Type keyword(s) to search

People Of Earth - General Discussion

• Start Topic

12 hours ago, Lawgiver said:

I laughed out loud at the line about landlines and not being a millenial. (I'm a GenXer, just a few years younger than Ana Gasteyer.) I had noticed the phone before Alex brought it up, so I'm glad they talked about it! Question: is Richard's boss a Reptilian? I don't remember.

I wonder why Yvonne and Don were missing this week. 

That landline line was pretty damn funny.

Good episode last night though I agree it seemed more like a placeholder episode in parts.

This show is becoming less and less interesting:

- Don't care about Agent Foster's adopted parents and her issues with finding out about her past.

- Don't care about Richard being fired and fighting for his job.

- Don't care about Jeff's conflicted love for Kurt, especially since Walsh saw the issue clearly: Tell Kurt, no blackmail.

Not sure where this show is going. There is nothing at its center with Ozzie dead and no more to learn (apparently) about the aliens and what they are doing.

• Love 2

There is nothing at its center with Ozzie dead

Exactly! There really seemed to be a huge Ozzie shaped hole in this episode. I second the where was Don and Yvonne this episode and I really enjoyed H. Jon Benjamin as Officer Glimmer so I wanted to see more of him too and we haven't.

New theory. The Aliens kill everyone in the Group and Agent Foster's twin sister comes on board next season to search for "The Truth."

Anyway, I did not enjoy this episode extremely much.

I agree that this was mostly a placeholder episode, but I still enjoyed it. It hadn't occurred to me at all that Agent Foster's last name would have been made up and was from her time in the foster system; that was a sad revelation, but I though Nasim Pedrad played it nicely. I also was totally shocked that the game night had anything at all to do with Eric's master plan! Jerry hasn't had a ton to do since he returned from his 'experience', so I'm hoping there's some payoff to his sidelining next week.

I also thought Richard's story was handled very nicely. Richard is, I think, a tough character, because he's exactly the kind of kook you'd expect when you imagine someone who claims he's been abducted by aliens, which makes him kind of annoying particularly in a workplace setting. However, the show does a good job of demonstrating that he is a good friend, and it was nice that he recognized that he deserves better than to be the constant butt of his office's humor, even if he is wildly overestimating how far he'll get with a one-time $75K settlement.

I didn't even notice Don wasn't in this episode until the end. I really love Don, and I thought the episode was weaker for his absence, but at the same time I don't know how his good-natured bumbling would have fit into the alien's story.

Finally, is it weird that I think Jonathon Walsh is my favorite character? I love matter-of-fact he was with Jeff about his feelings for Kurt, and his enthusiasm with Nancy in an earlier episode about being addicted to junk food was great. Michael Cassidy has done a good job, I think, of pivoting from being basically a jerk at the beginning of the series, and I've really enjoyed how his character has progressed. In fact, as upset as I was that Ozzie died, I was more relieved that it wasn't Jonathon.

• Love 8

I'm liking this season overall but Chelsea is annoying and I hate everything Chelsea/Doug. This plot is completely uninteresting, forced and has nothing to do with overarching storyline. Father Doug seems like a great character on his own but Chelsea is bringing him down. I'd rather they shown more Jeff and Jeff/Kurt than boring Chelsea/Doug "love". Speaking of which, Jeff's feelings for Kurt is so last year, they should have moved it forward, developed Kurt better, since Kurt is randomly alive now.

It seems like they genuinely want us to like Alex and see her as new protagonist. I wonder what happened during the filming that they had to rid of Ozzie for a while? Hmm...

Really liked this finale.

Alex's twin crushing on Walsh was funny. Don was a badass (I love Don). When he got shot in the head with the dart and became the Cube...I was like, Nooooo! Don't ruin my sweet Don!  Wondering how they are going to bring Ozzie back? Love how Yvonne stayed so cool under pressure...of course she kept a least one weapon hidden, just in case.

Jeff on earth. That will be interesting. Maybe it's wrong, but I laughed out loud when Kurt got hit by that (bakery?) truck!

Hoping Star Crossed can bring Ozzy back with....L O V E.

Anyway...good finale. Looking forward to next season.

• Love 3

Good finale. This show always goes where you never expect and I love that about it. Alex/Krystal's twin with the Alien Abduction Birth scrapbook. Don possessed by evil Eric. If Kurt comes back will he be yelling "truck!"? Yvonne and her never-ending arsenal!

Poor Don! Poor Kurt! Poor Jeff...I shouldn't laugh, but that dog chase was hysterical. Guess I'll have to go into suspended animation for a year until our show comes back, cause I can't wait. Scoot over Ozzie.

• Love 5

Definitely a fun finale.  Alex's twin, Don kicking ass, the mutiny...a lot going on.  I love Don saying this would be the last time they would see each other and Jeff going whatever.  Jeff's confusion over saving Starcrossed and Kurt calling Earth "car infested" was also great.

Still hoping it's been revealed that Ennis is also on the ship and had just been erased from everyone's memory.

Edited by benteen
  • Love 5

Love ass-kicking Don. Who knew? I also hope he doesn’t stay possessed too long. Maybe Kelly will get through to him.

Alex and her sister were cute. It looks like the Twinsies and Walsh will team up to search for the star crossed members. 

And now that Father Doug is an ‘experiencer’ he can be an official member of star crossed.

Kurt was awesome. I wonder if they are going to have him be whacked by moving vehicles every few episodes.

Poor Jeff!! I wonder if he will find Kurt. Might take more that a kiss to revive him, that was a pretty big truck.

Fun season. Can’t wait for season 3.

• Love 6

The bee-- I was waiting for the bee to sting someone. Just getting squished seemed sad and anti-climactic.

Someone needs to heimlich Don to discharge Eric. And then when Eric goes flying out, have him smash against the wall and fall apart. Or  just wipe Eric's memory somehow-- can they have that memory wiping thing aimed at Don's stomach instead of his head?

I wish we didn't have to wait til 2018 for the next episodes. This show does a good job with pacing episode to episode, but the story feels like it's not moving, because of the long hiatus.

• Love 3

Kurt, Jonathan and Jeff [awestruck]:  "Whoa--Don's got Skills. . ."  Cracked me up.  Don's still pretty naive, though, even though he's got Ninja fighting skills.  And now he's possessed by Eric the flying cube.  There ain't no justice.

4 hours ago, CinAZ said:

Love ass-kicking Don. Who knew? I also hope he doesn’t stay possessed too long. Maybe Kelly will get through to him.

So, is a kiss on the mouth from a loved one the cure-all for every ill in the People of Earth universe?  Maybe Kelly can kiss Don on the mouth and that will cure him of the Eric possession.

4 hours ago, CinAZ said:

Kurt was awesome. I wonder if they are going to have him be whacked by moving vehicles every few episodes.

That's what I was wondering, too!

I really like Agent Foster's sister.  She's so serene and accepting of the circumstances of her life.  And no psychological issues at all even though their Mom has basically been hiding from the Aliens ever since the twins were born.  (Hoping she doesn't turn out to be some kind of psycho. . .)

Still hoping that Ozzie will be resurrected.  They still have his body on the ship, so it's always possible.  Who'd be the one to kiss him, though?

Why must we wait until 2018 to get a new season?!!  Actually, I'd love it if they did a Christmas special.

• Love 4

Super fun ep, for the reasons everyone has mentioned. Foster's sister (and creepy mother!) are going to turn out to be very weird, right? I don't see this reunion ending happily for Agent Foster child.

KURT, dude!!

caution.JPG

• Love 2

The good part was that the ep had a plot. Also, Don's skilz.

The bad parts, oy. The twin sister was lame as a plot device and lame as a character. Where did Jeff and Curt get beamed... just some neighborhood? Why? 

Assume that because Agent Foster was born in the spaceship, she has galactic citizenship that will stymie Eric?

Edited by Ottis
On 9/13/2017 at 11:15 PM, Ottis said:

Or would have been, if there was anything remotely imaginable as racist in the drawing. It was just two grays standing there. That was a miss for me 

I think that was the joke -- that today people say, "That’s racist" to anything they don't like.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, Ottis said:

The bad parts, oy. The twin sister was lame as a plot device and lame as a character. Where did Jeff and Curt get beamed... just some neighborhood? Why? 

Assume that because Agent Foster was born in the spaceship, she has galactic citizenship that will stymie Eric?

The twin wasn't a plot device.  Her mom was about to give to a second child on the ship so Foster's sibling had to be a twin.

• Love 3
8 hours ago, Sunnydayman said:

The twin wasn't a plot device.  Her mom was about to give to a second child on the ship so Foster's sibling had to be a twin.

All of which was part of a plot device. That is, the writers chose for Foster's mom to have two kids, and chose to make them twins, and therefore we got the twin sister. I actually groaned when she first appeared on screen. It was like an SNL skit. Of all the possibilities ... an alien sibling, a brother who was a Homeland Security agent, someone who looked inexplicably and completely different, someone who looked like Ozzie who was played by Wyatt Synac, a twin was the worst choice, IMO.

Bring back Ozzie!

Edited by Ottis
13 hours ago, Ottis said:

I suspect having Jeff and Kurt (what's left of him) on Earth is because the Starcrossed crew are now on the ship.  That's how things will change in Season 3.  Jeff and what's left of Kurt on Earth while the group is in space.  Jeff being on Earth should be fun.

• Love 1

I watched the season finale twice now and I have mixed feelings. I liked that they at least showed Ozzie's body and now I wonder what was done with it. Still hate the lack of actual living Ozzie. Loved Don's mad skillz and laughed out loud after he made the 1st attack and then made this goose motion with his hand. The actor who plays Don is so funny. I'm glad people of here are thinking Don is just possessed. I got worried that Eric killed Don and has taken over his body. Loved Kelly's "Don?" at the end. I think the kid we saw, who seemed sick maybe? His skin seemed sallow and there were serious dark circles under his eyes, will play a part in next season (2018!!! Remember how Perry Mason had 39 episodes a season for 9 freakin' seasons?! Now you kids get off of my lawn!) even though it is, once again, giving me American Dad vibes, specifically the episode A.T. The Abusive Terrestrial. Still hate the Chelsea/Doug storyline and I guess the Eric doesn't care about Ennis because no one else seems to (except for people here). I enjoyed the twin sister and her scrapbook and her crushing on Walsh and can't wait to see who they cast as the mom (assuming we get to see see the mom). Liked the brief bit of Nancy that we got. I really enjoy the actress in that role. I chuckled at Kurt getting creamed by the truck even though that particular gag has been done pretty much to death (Glory on Buffy, Barry on Archer and probably a dozen more if I put some thought into it.) I'll keep watching if I'm still alive that far into the future but this season was really a mixed bag, as far as I'm concerned. It did give me an added layer of enjoyment to watching Masterchef because there was a contestant who went quite far whose name was Jeff who shared many traits both personality wise, and somewhat physically, to Jeff the Alien so whenever Gordon Ramsey requested Jeff bring down a dish I would picture Jeff the Alien in his place.

Accidental Quote Box.

• Love 4

The scene where Eric shoots Don with the dart and Don goes from saying "Why did you do that?" to passing out within seconds reminded me of the scene where he went from being a crybaby about the brain freeze to saying "It's gone" within a few seconds.

But my real question was when Don said "Don't get weird" at the end. That's Walsh's line and no one's ever said that on the show except Walsh until now. So does that mean that Eric possessing Don is somehow really Walsh? Eric=Walsh? Just a theory. And of course Ozzie is no more dead than Kurt was, right?

I am so sad this show is over! I'm re-watching since I only got into it a few weeks ago. I'm picking up so much that I missed by re-watching from the beginning. 

• Love 2
7 hours ago, TVwithTea said:

I am so sad this show is over! I'm re-watching since I only got into it a few weeks ago. I'm picking up so much that I missed by re-watching from the beginning. 

I only started watching because I decided to give every new show a chance last year. It's not something I normally would have paid attention to but it's turned out to be a quiet delight. I have no idea where it'll go (or who will go) next season, but I've become terribly fond of abductors and abductees alike, and will definitely be along for the ride.*

* If I'm still alive that far in the future.

• Love 1
On 9/26/2017 at 5:47 PM, 2727 said:

Super fun ep, for the reasons everyone has mentioned. Foster's sister (and creepy mother!) are going to turn out to be very weird, right? I don't see this reunion ending happily for Agent Foster child.

Am I the only one who thinks their mom is actually dead, and the twin sister is just delusional? 

I figure it has more to do with Wyatt leaving than anything. When we kept not getting a start date, I figured it didn't bode well. I am not a happy camper. My friend and I really loved this show!

• Love 3

I was so bummed to hear that they rescinded the renewal.

WTF TBS?

I read that season 3 has already been written, is it too much to hope for that maybe another network will pick it up?

*sigh*

• Love 3
On 6/10/2018 at 8:07 AM, Ms Lark said:

I figure it has more to do with Wyatt leaving than anything.

What? Wouldn't that be career and financial suicide? Don't they have show leads on contract? I hadn't heard anything about him quitting-- do you  have a link?

• Love 1
6 hours ago, possibilities said:

What? Wouldn't that be career and financial suicide? Don't they have show leads on contract? I hadn't heard anything about him quitting-- do you  have a link?

Ozzie was killed off part way through season 2 already. The EPs pointed out that they had already set a precedent for bringing characters back from the dead, but I assumed that Wyatt was gone and they were resigned to that. 

He has another show, Problem Areas, now, so I think he's doing all right. 

• Love 2
2 hours ago, possibilities said:

Ah, I remembered they killed him, but I had assumed it was temporary, since we've seen that before on this show.

I wouldn't have been surprised if he had recovered, but I read a lot into this:

How did Wyatt Cenac respond when you told him you were going to kill Ozzie?
HISCOCK: I think he was okay with it.
JENKINS: He’s a busy guy. He’s got a lot of irons in the fire, so I think he was all right with it.

• Love 1

I finally managed to catch season 2 of this on DVD and am even sadder now that we won't get a season 3. Having said that, I do think killing off Ozzie was a big loss for the show. He was a great counterbalance to the other characters and all the nutty goings-on. And the reveal of his relationship with Walsh was surprisingly sweet.

• Love 2

I was so excited to see this show up on Hulu. It's funny how Alice Wetterlund (Kelly) and Michael Cassidy (Jonathan) have both turned up on Resident Alien. I gave that series pilot a shot, but it really just made me miss People of Earth.

• Love 2

He also references "The Grays". The most recent episode had a bunch of alien references and the more they do it, the more it seems like someone is deliberately implying that the show takes place in the same world as People of Earth.

• Love 2