Type keyword(s) to search

S18.E24: Double Eviction 7, 8

• Start Topic

13 hours ago, Wandering Snark said:

Also Paul, know when the "joke" has gotten old. Wearing the floatie allll evening means it's gotten old.

Thank you!!!!  good grief....why not just wear signs saying "notice me" instead of weird hair cuts and float devices.

• Love 6

What in the world is Nicole's end game? Does she think she's not disposable to the alliance of men who are clearly working together? She's just sorta coasting behind Corey's shadow, yet still managing to piss off some of the girls it seems. 

It's sort of like when Brittany was happy to let the guys run the house because she figured she had a final 2 deal with Lane. Likewise, Nicole seems to think she and Corey are so solid she doesn't have to worry about the guys running the house. Basically, she's an idiot. I mean, this happens almost every season and the women always let it happen because they figure they're going to be that one woman who isn't evicted by the men's alliance. 

Julie alluded to some sort of big blowup right before the show went live and Paulie did indeed look like he had tears in his eyes. Finding out what went down will be the only reason to watch on Sunday.

IA that DE episodes are always a let-down - just a fast forward to the inevitable. 

Edited by iMonrey
  • Love 2
3 minutes ago, iMonrey said:

Julie alluded to some sort of big blowup right before the show went live and Paulie did indeed look like he had tears in his eyes. Finding out what went down will be the only reason to watch on Sunda

I agree, I was looking forward to that more than finding out who gets nominated/evicted. 

Michelle also said something in her speech about something Paulie did/said to Natalie, so I hope that's part of what's covered. 

• Love 1
21 minutes ago, watch2much said:

Thank you!!!!  good grief....why not just wear signs saying "notice me" instead of weird hair cuts and float devices.

Because they aren't allowed markers and paper to make signs. Otherwise, Paul would be all over it. 

1 hour ago, AndreaK1041 said:

including Bridgette telling Paulie he's a piece of shit, in so many words.

That was a kind of a whirlwind situation so much hapening. But is this in reference to her saying something like "that was not cool" but I couldn't pick out what she was referring too or who she was addressing at the time. Anyone catch it?

Ugh, wonder how hard production tried to find two games that dim bulb puppet boy Corey could win?

Hah, there is NO WAY anyone thought COREY was going to win that HOH comp. I groaned when that happened. He was literally the least interesting option to be HOH in this episode.

At least it seems like Sunday might be interesting. I pray that, as it seemed, Paul might be over Paulie. I don't really like Paul, but I like him more than I like Paulie, and it is going to be hard to get Paulie out if Paul isn't part of that plan. 

• Love 2
42 minutes ago, Wandering Snark said:

That was a kind of a whirlwind situation so much hapening. But is this in reference to her saying something like "that was not cool" but I couldn't pick out what she was referring too or who she was addressing at the time. Anyone catch it?

Yeah she was saying to Paulie that the things he said to Natalie were not cool and he was gross for saying them. Then she told Natalie to stay strong. I liked her exit.

Hopefully we get to see what he did that Bridgette was referring to on Sunday's show. 

• Love 2
15 hours ago, zibnchy said:

Let's look at the bright side. Paulie looks truly terrible. Bloated and old. Bad haircut. And short. He's a pipsqueek isn't he. A bloated, short angry little man child.

Awww, that reminded me just now of David Bowie's hilarious fat little man song on Extras.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, iMonrey said:

Julie alluded to some sort of big blowup right before the show went live and Paulie did indeed look like he had tears in his eyes. Finding out what went down will be the only reason to watch on Sunday.

He's really poor at being embarrassed or looking like he's at a disadvantage.  I remember when he and Tiffany got into it on the couches.  He smirks and talks big, but he blushes.

1 hour ago, ghoulina said:

I agree, I was looking forward to that more than finding out who gets nominated/evicted. 

Michelle also said something in her speech about something Paulie did/said to Natalie, so I hope that's part of what's covered. 

From reading comments of those who watch the feeds: 

Spoiler

Bridgette may be referring to Natalie telling Paulie she thought he was a good person, and him responding that he didn't think Natalie was a good person, and she was as fake as her boobs.

57 minutes ago, Porterest said:

Because they aren't allowed markers and paper to make signs. Otherwise, Paul would be all over it. 

He could carve words into his hair.

40 minutes ago, Jessica said:

Hah, there is NO WAY anyone thought COREY was going to win that HOH comp. I groaned when that happened. He was literally the least interesting option to be HOH in this episode.

I wonder if he was trying to throw it.  Everyone else thought a certain answer was right, but Corey was the only one who knew the answer?  The one with the self-proclaimed ADHD, not currently treated with meds.  He also seemed totally shocked at winning, and seemed completely unprepared for noms.  He suggested nobody, and solicited the advice of all the worthy (male) players.

1 hour ago, LoneHaranguer said:

I noticed Michelle's comment about seeing Zingbot. Isn't it supposed to be a surprise when it shows up?

Yeah I noticed that too. I can't see a reason why the show would tell them Zingbot is coming in "x" amount of days... takes away the fun. I think the show has become so routine in a lot of ways that the players come to expect things around certain time frames. They were all expecting a double eviction either last week or this week, and there was zero surprise when they were told it would be a double eviction last night. Same with a returning house guest - they were all suspecting it would happen. So I'm guessing the super fan players know that Zingbot usually comes on when there are a certain amount of players left. 

I wish the show had more genuine surprises. All these twists are just flops. This year alone, the team twist sucked and all it did was remove some players as options to be nominated, which sucked to watch. Same with the RK twist - the winner always blabbed anyway and it changed nothing. Now we had James' power to block two votes, but he just used it as safely as possible. Yawn.

• Love 2
4 hours ago, JudyObscure said:

I think she's trying to look like Brigitte Bardot.  Only not.

Nah, it's just a nurse thing.  Nicole likes having long hair, and she has a LOT of it.  If you're a nurse, though, long hair can be problematic (dragging through body fluids and various other emissions, giving problem patients something to grab onto, etc.), so you either have to cut it off short (like Bridgette) or secure it up high and out of the way.  And Nicole's mane is so monstrous its sheer volume has it constantly working loose, so she's constantly re-putting it back up again, and each successive re-do is more ragged than the last... you get the idea.

On the plus side: I'm pretty sure Nicole has a lock on Hamsterwatch's #DeathRace bad hair competition, so at least she'll win something this season.  :>

3 hours ago, kathybgd said:

I have-not read full comments on this thread so forgive me if this has been mentioned, but did ANYONE out there in TV land hear  that little p.o.s.,James after all his pandering to his "fans" (UGH!) say to Cory before commercial break while all the "bros" were gathered around that wonky eyed idiot Cory that he would go along with anybody Cory would put on the block even if it was....... Then I went to commercial. Could that spineless asshole really have said Natalie's name? I'm so over him and Nicole and Paulie that they are keeping me from watching my summer quilt.  

Much of basic BB strategy is textbook Reverse Psychology 100.  Case in point:

• Corey's HoH win immediately put The Executives in power - an alliance James is a member of (albeit on the bottom), but Natalie is not.
  • The Executives alliance is not only directly opposed to Natalie and the other female HGs in general, it is also exceptionally paranoid of its members' romance/showmance relationships for fear members might be swayed by conflicting allegiances.  This is expressed with exceptional clarity in The Executives' frequently-referenced corporate vision statement, "Bros Before Hos".
  •  If James had pleaded with Corey not to put Natalie OTB, that would have signified to The Execs such a conflicting allegiance - which would have shot Natalie's ass straight onto the Block so fast it would've left skid marks in the parking lot.
  • Enter Reverse Psychology 100: downplaying any personal significance of the prospect of Natalie going ON the Block was James' only ploy to keep Natalie OFF the Block.  

Stupid?  Childish?  Oversimplistic?  Yes to all the above.  But hey - it worked, didn't it?  ;)

1 hour ago, iMonrey said:

It's sort of like when Brittany was happy to let the guys run the house because she figured she had a final 2 deal with Lane. Likewise, Nicole seems to think she and Corey are so solid she doesn't have to worry about the guys running the house. Basically, she's an idiot. I mean, this happens almost every season and the women always let it happen because they figure they're going to be that one woman who isn't evicted by the men's alliance. 

Which better, less-idiotic course of strategy do you think Nicole should be following?  

• The All-Girl-Alliance strategy?  Not only has AGA never won a single season of BB, it has a historically-proven track record of rarely surviving as long as two weeks - heck, two days is usually a stretch.*  Nicole originally came as a superfan and returned as a vet, and she knows this - making her unlikely to trust in any longevity of support in an AGA.  Plus - Nicole herself has stated more than once she "gets along better with guys than with other girls".  Now I'm not a psychologist or any kind of expert, but I did help successfully navigate two daughters through the travails of teendom and high school.  During this version of Hell Lite I saw/heard enough to recognize that's usually code for "I have no aptitude for/patience with the Mean Girl cliquishness BS, so I'll hang out with guys as friends where that pressure doesn't exist."  Downside to this being Mean Girls can rarely comprehend the concept of the existence of platonic guy/girl relationships, much less acknowledge them, so the defectee becomes the target of unwarranted and jealousy-driven "Slut!" whispers behind her back - creating an alienation/reinforcement cycle which further minimizes the defectee's chances of ever learning how to have/build constructive relationships with other women.  This is 
  • The Vets-Stick-Together strategy?  IMHO that one had serious legs, especially when the vetsibs and some of the newbies showed serious inclination to work with the vets.  That is, until Da's paranoia blew it the hell up.

To make a long story short (I know, too late), I don't think Nicole is necessarily an idiot - but Game and personal circumstances have combined such that she's playing the only cards she sees as having been dealt her.

* This season's Spy Girls was a welcome anomaly, but it definitely had its rocky points as well.  Natalie/James was the most vocalized point of contention, but I'd say with confidence Frank/Bridgette constituted a much meaner blow to SG's stability.

• Love 1

I pray that, as it seemed, Paul might be over Paulie. I don't really like Paul, but I like him more than I like Paulie, and it is going to be hard to get Paulie out if Paul isn't part of that plan. 

As soon as Corey won HoH all the menfolk once again congregated. So long as one of them is in charge, the alliance will stand because none of them want to get nominated. But I'm betting Paulie could get dumb-as-shit Victor or Corey to put up whoever he wanted. So Paul could be in trouble if he showed his hand too soon.

Which better, less-idiotic course of strategy do you think Nicole should be following?  

Admittedly, she has few choices, because the show deliberately casts the type of girls who are either flakes or idiots, or both. But I've heard very little from her in terms of actual strategy beyond keeping herself and Corey safe, so she's hitching her wagon to one star that isn't going to take her to the final 2, and I don't think she even realizes that. She should see quite clearly that the guys are dominating and making all the decisions so she's playing the "anyone but me" game.

Edited by iMonrey
  • Love 1
14 minutes ago, iMonrey said:

As soon as Corey won HoH all the menfolk once again congregated. So long as one of them is in charge, the alliance will stand because none of them want to get nominated. But I'm betting Paulie could get dumb-as-shit Victor or Corey to put up whoever he wanted. So Paul could be in trouble if he showed his hand too soon.

Agreed. As much as I relish the idea of Paul and James abandoning ship, timing is everything. We just need one of them, or Nat or Meech, to get HOH and things might really and truly change. 

• Love 1
27 minutes ago, ghoulina said:

Agreed. As much as I relish the idea of Paul and James abandoning ship, timing is everything. We just need one of them, or Nat or Meech, to get HOH and things might really and truly change. 

I completely agree. If Paulie or Victor win, then for sure the guys are going to stick together, and yet another girl (Michelle or Natalie) will be gone. But if Paul or James wins, I could see them going for a big move against Paulie - most likely a back door strategy to ensure he won't get off the block through a POV win if nominated and gun after them full tilt. I hope Paul and James would have the guts to do this. Not only is Paulie a huge threat for anyone in this game and they know it, but whoever gets him out would get some serious jury points. Sure, they'd likely lose Paulie's vote, but win the respect of pretty much every other juror. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for a Nat or Michelle HOH. If Paulie, Victor, or Nicole win, then they might as well write Paulie's check now. He'll just steamroll the rest of the way through comp wins and his dude-bros. 

Ugh I hate when Julie says 'I need an answer' and the person still goes back and forth with their answer three or four more times. Just disqualify that person.  Immediately.

I know it's been said, but, Nicole, that mop on your head that you're trying to perfect?  It's not cute.  I hope she gets voted out next week.  I do not like her, and it has nothing to do with her stupid messy ugly top bun.

Edited by woodscommaelle
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, JZone said:

So I'm guessing the super fan players know that Zingbot usually comes on when there are a certain amount of players left. 

But, Michelle has no reason to be so certain that either Zingbot will come at it's usual time or that she'll still be around a week later if it's "late". For all she would know, it could have a replacement this season. It may be that Zingbot is already in the house somewhere and the production crew was careless enough for the HG's to know.

33 minutes ago, woodscommaelle said:

I know it's been said, but, Nicole, that mop on your head that you're trying to perfect?  It's not cute.

Is she going for cute? Disheveled hair is used by TV producers to mean "just had sex". At least Zingbot's writers will have an easy job when they get to her.

2 hours ago, JZone said:

I hope Paul and James would have the guts to do this.

James who?

I like Nicole's mussy do.  Nicole's voice drives me to the edge of gibbering insanity, but I like her whole floppy topknot, big black nerdy glasses "look."  I think she seems much more interesting when she styles herself that way than when she does the basic sleek & shiny blonde.

• Love 3

Also Paul, know when the "joke" has gotten old. Wearing the floatie allll evening means it's gotten old.

Oh, good grief.  That wasn't some kind of game penalty?  For various reasons I haven't been able to watch much this summer and when I saw that I first went WTF, and then sagely nodded my head and said to myself, "self, that's a game penalty.  Cause no one wears a ducky float on purpose."  

I have disliked Michelle from day 1 when she discussed her disgust of people who eat mayonnaise and those that love them.  What a fat-shaming drama queen. 

• Love 3
12 minutes ago, candall said:

I like Nicole's mussy do.  Nicole's voice drives me to the edge of gibbering insanity, but I like her whole floppy topknot, big black nerdy glasses "look."  I think she seems much more interesting when she styles herself that way than when she does the basic sleek & shiny blonde.

I'd agree that the do she's trying for works much better for her than something easier to manage while stuck inside the house without proper hair-styling products or professional help. Especially when she's wearing her glasses. I suppose there's little point to obsessing when you've got cameras ready 24/7 to capture your bad hair days. And if you do fix things up nicely, it could get completely ruined in the next comp.

I'm a nurse.  I've had hair as long as Nicole's. The only thing worse than your nurse caring for you with her long stringy hair hanging on you, is when it's hanging in a slipping and sliding gigantic ball, where she constantly contaminates her hands while shoving it back on her head.   

Nicole's hair doesn't precariously hang there because she has so much of it.  I've watched her arrange it.  She purposely makes it that way.  And why wouldn't she have her styling products in the house?  And why would she need a professional stylist to assist her?  And what do her glasses have to do with anything?  She always wears glasses.  If she's incapable of grooming her hair with glasses, she needs to cut her hair or get contacts. 

I actually have no problem with how she wears her hair in the house.   But the rat's nest has nothing to do with her occupation, or the limitations of the house. Those girls have nothing to do but spend hours on hair and makeup.  Sometimes they go through the whole routine twice a day.  Nicole's hair is pretty but thin and fine. She could easily create a more secure and neat bun.  She doesn't want to. 

Edited by RedheadZombie
Removed potential spoiler.
  • Love 3
On 8/12/2016 at 3:06 PM, Nashville said:
  • Nicole herself has stated more than once she "gets along better with guys than with other girls".  Now I'm not a psychologist or any kind of expert, but I did help successfully navigate two daughters through the travails of teendom and high school.  During this version of Hell Lite I saw/heard enough to recognize that's usually code for "I have no aptitude for/patience with the Mean Girl cliquishness BS, so I'll hang out with guys as friends where that pressure doesn't exist."  Downside to this being Mean Girls can rarely comprehend the concept of the existence of platonic guy/girl relationships, much less acknowledge them, so the defectee becomes the target of unwarranted and jealousy-driven "Slut!" whispers behind her back - creating an alienation/reinforcement cycle which further minimizes the defectee's chances of ever learning how to have/build constructive relationships with other women. 

While I don't have kids, I have gone through high school etc. as a female firsthand, and would like to add one more possibility: the girl who says she "gets along better with guys than with girls" simply because SHE is the bitchy girl herself who drives away other women. This species is a close relative of the "other girls really hate me because I'm so ___" girl. Nicole's constant deep sea diving for compliments from the opposite sex makes me think she might be of one of these insecure-while-simultaneously-superior types rather than her just being such a chill, cool-ass bitch who women would otherwise love. Occam's Razor and all. I know her perpetual whining and hair-fussing and false humility would make me want to hang around men instead, if not even stick needles in my ears. 

5 hours ago, RedheadZombie said:

I'm a nurse.  I've had hair as long as Nicole's. The only thing worse than your nurse caring for you with her long stringy hair hanging on you, is when it's hanging in a slipping and sliding gigantic ball, where she constantly contaminates her hands while shoving it back on her head.   

Nicole's hair doesn't precariously hang there because she has so much of it.  I've watched her arrange it.  She purposely makes it that way.  And why wouldn't she have her styling products in the house?  And why would she need a professional stylist to assist her?  And what do her glasses have to do with anything?  She always wears glasses.  If she's incapable of grooming her hair with glasses, she needs to cut her hair or get contacts. 

I actually have no problem with how she wears her hair in the house.   But the rat's nest has nothing to do with her occupation, or the limitations of the house. Those girls have nothing to do but spend hours on hair and makeup.  Sometimes they go through the whole routine twice a day.  Nicole's hair is pretty but thin and fine. She could easily create a more secure and neat bun.  She doesn't want to. 

Totally. I have long hair, albeit not as long or thick as hers, and she could absolutely make it more of a put-together "messy" bun. I think her look is pretty intentional. But whatever! The thing that drives me up a #&($ing wall is when she repeatedly RIPS a brush through her hair when wet.

More on topic, Zakiyah's behavior made me cringe over and over again. The awkward leg-touch to Paulie when saying she hopes to talk to HGs outside the house... her glazed eyes and soft monotone voice... I think if Julie had asked her to try some of the yummy kool-aid on the table over there, she would have complied. Hope she gets some help after this show.

• Love 6
On 8/13/2016 at 5:21 PM, RedheadZombie said:

And why wouldn't she have her styling products in the house?

There are restrictions on what personal-care items the HG's can bring into the house. Some items are forbidden completely. The show provides items considered a necessity, with no say by the HG's in brand, etc. Can't have anyone undermining product placement or ads.

We're not shown their toiletries, though.  You know all those face masks and zit creams aren't sponsors or generics, they're just kept in the cabinet.  And BB wants the girls looking great or they'd cast less pretty girls.  

I think Nicole wears her hair like that because the bigger it is, the smaller her body looks in comparison, and most of these girls seem to have body image issues.