Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E07: Norman Saves the World

• Start Topic

Searching for a way to get Mickey out of prison, Ray turns to an old opponent to secure a bartering chip in the form of a less-than-wholesome family comedy star. A long-buried scandal leads Ray to an unexpected confrontation with a slick Hollywood agent and a former fixer of Ezra's. Meanwhile, without the protection of the Russians, Ray must help Mickey secure his own safety and gain admittance to the secure K6G prison wing.

Promo:

Clips:

Please let Hank stay on this show--he's awesome and this was the twistiest episode ever because of his character.

Mickey thinks fast on his feet.  Poor old cell-mate.

• Love 1

Best episode this season!  Mickey is a resourceful old fuck.

I wish Conner would "accidentally" shoot Marisol.  In the forehead.  At close range.

She is a self-centered, destructive waste.

Edited by Puddy
  • Love 2

Why is Cahnah not under arrest? His neighbour recognized him, ballistics would confirm Abby's gun....

ETA: Answered in next episode thread

Edited by paigow
On Air Previews not available in Canada
  • Love 2
17 minutes ago, HollyG said:

Does anyone know who the woman in the wheelchair was? I understand she was paying the guy to take out Mickey, but I don't remember her from any earlier episodes. 

I was going to "research" that tomorrow!!??

• Love 2

So Connor only made an appearance to fuck things up.  Lucky for Mickey he was able to counter the Connor-effect.  

I thought Mick's roomie saw the guy drug the gruel, so I didn't understand why he ate it, but I guess he didn't see it.

I'm worried about Darryl getting sucked into the boxer incest drama.  He's as dumb as all the Donovan's (save Ray), but I like him.  Actually I like all the brothers.  It's just Ray's kids and wife that annoy me.  Maybe there's still hope of a Russian hit at Ray's house and next season can be him drinking and whoring away his man pain.

• Love 1

Oh of course it's dumbass Connor who effs up Mickey's claim to be gay. I don't know why they'd call an underaged grandchild though. The family could've decided not to tell the kids.

I can't believe I was actually worried about Mickey. That guy has the luck of the Irish, heh heh. But Ray's gonna need to send Mickey farther away than Vegas. A lot farther.

• Love 2

Mickey's poor room mate is literally in his death throes and Big M still finds a way to use it to his advantage. SMDH.

Die, Conor, just die already. Oh and take Marisol with you. For a button pusher, she sure is wrong about people. ALOT. I don't think she would have lived as long as this in real life.

• Love 3

Liked Stacy Keach, in the role of giving Ray a vision of Ray's bleak future. Doing the dirty laundy of the wealthy for decades, so you can end up broken down and cutting the grass, in front of your beat-up house in Canoga Park. 

• Love 1

So much stupidity in this episode. Connor continues his streak of getting dumber and more dickish with each episode. While I understand that no one told him about the plan to put Mickey in protective custody, he's still an arrogant prick to talk to anyone on the phone like that (especially someone who identified himself as calling from the jail) But I also fault the jail guy who called but didn't specifically ask for Ray. Let's just pretend for a second that Mickey's story about being gay was real. He told the sheriff guy that his children knew but that doesn't mean he told his grandchildren or whoever happened to pick up the phone. What if it was Ray's housekeeper or some other person who doesn't know about Mickey's sexuality?

I know it's all hypothetical, but I hated the entire process. You can be gay and not know what a size queen is. You can be gay and not go to gay bars. I know that if you're younger, those things seem commonplace but for a guy Mickey's age who grew up closeted because it was illegal to be gay, it wouldn't be at all surprising for someone to be unable to answer those questions.

While I applaud Hector for trying to stay away from Marisol, he's still being a prick. First he treats Daryll like his personal assistant and tells him to go pick her up from rehab. Then he yells at Daryll for "letting" her get high.  You treat him like an unpaid Uber driver and then get mad because Daryll, who has never met Marisol and doesn't know where she lives, drove to the address that she gave him.

I know that Ray let the Texan live because he knows that could be him one day, but that was a mistake. Also a mistake: Hector just telling Marisol to go away. He knows that she is a loose cannon and that she already tried to expose him on tv once, so why did he think it was a good idea to piss her off and then let her run around unsupervised?

Loved this week's guest stars - it was like a flashback to the 90s with Carl from Family Matters and Jesse from the very first episode of Buffy! Also fun to see Tommy Wheeler again.

I really hope Cochran wasn't hurt too badly. Despite his constant double crossing, he is just so amusing. I mean, he blackmails Holt and then asks to use his bathroom because he had Mexican food for lunch. He is so delightfully gleeful. I laughed when Avi referred to Cochran as "this fucking guy." But that's Avi's pet name for Mickey!

Does anyone know who the woman in the wheelchair was? I understand she was paying the guy to take out Mickey, but I don't remember her from any earlier episodes.

According to IMDB, the character's name is Nazani Minassian and she was played by Terry Moore.

• Love 2

Why does Ray all of a sudden care so much about Mickey's welfare?  As Cochran so aptly pointed out, same guy he paid Sully to kill.

I guess they teach waterboarding at the FBI.  And Tommy had no problem with it.

I just don't care about Hector or Marisol. 

Is that how they decide if someone is gay?  Call their kids?  Play 20 Questions?  And who the hell would answer questions like that in the first place from a stranger on the phone?  Conor is an idiot but I don't blame him for his response.  And JOC how old is that actor?  He looks like he went from 12 to 35 in about a year.

Best part was no Bridget and almost no Abby.

Remember, Avi is always right. 

• Love 2
On 8/7/2016 at 11:41 PM, yourmomiseasy said:

So Connor only made an appearance to fuck things up.  Lucky for Mickey he was able to counter the Connor-effect.  

I did find it pretty hilarious that Conor only has to show up on screen for one minute to make a mess out of things.

Edited by Dobian
  • Love 1