Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E17: And Away We Finally Go

• Start Topic

38 minutes ago, izabella said:

Don't worry.  Ramona will contact Page 6 and sell them all her camera phone pics, and then will blame Luann for tipping off the reporters

I guess that paves the way for the Batchelorette Party hijinks could be a Bravo Special?

• Love 3
On 7/29/2016 at 1:11 PM, ElDosEquis said:

So........What is the information that beffany has, the scarlet letter that will derail the impending nuptials of Lu and Tom?

Could it be Tom slept with Beffy, too?

Or maybe Tom slept with Cookie? Or Marley?

Tom drinks SK mixers?

Tom dressed up like a woman on Halloween?

Tom has speeding tickets?

Tom is an extraterrestrial?

Tom is a Republican?

Tom ate carbs? 

On 7/29/2016 at 3:18 PM, Bebecat said:

Ramma seems to have the body type that no diet or exercise will eliminate that trouble spot of her midsection. 

Word on the street is it's a woine belly. 

On 7/30/2016 at 5:55 PM, zoeysmom said:

I took it as Bethenny once again trying to diminish this man to the viewers.  He is a RH dater, he is a cheater, he dates and is hoping to snag a rich woman.  maybe Bethenny feels insecure because she feels like men like her first for her money and second for her.

ugh what's to like about Bethenny in the first place, or the 2nd? She'll never be in a healthy romantic relationship without years of 3x a week real therapy.  I am being completely serious, no shade. Then maybe it's possible. 

Tom: wants sex, a wife, a cultured wife-former Countess to raise himself up a social notch, no kids to raise. 

Luann: wants sex, a husband, a house in Palm Beach (uh its' W. Palm tho) based on her saying palmbeachpalmbeachpalmbeach repeatedly this ep, and I think INCOME and stability. Luann has some money but she would have to count it (no pun intended) after income taxes, property taxes, clothing, maintenance, staff, etc. To a certain extent she does need some stable additional income IMHO. 

• Love 8
On ‎7‎/‎31‎/‎2016 at 11:48 AM, ryebread said:

Her circle of friends probably view him as someone who THINKS he's a player and that IF the wedding happens, it won't last.  Moaner can't be the only one giving this guy the side eye. Knowing what little I know about the guy, I don't think he's that much of a catch.  Well, maybe for someone who doesn't have many choices.  But I believe if Lu would have looked around - outside that incestuous UES circle - she could have eventually met someone more...reputable. 

On ‎7‎/‎31‎/‎2016 at 5:27 PM, anonymiss said:

I don't know about that because both ladies--Ramona and Sonja--found him desirable enough to date.

But Sonja is delusional and messy.  Ramona is....well, Ramona. Both seem kind of desperate to me.

Lu is, or used to be, this put together, cool, most beautiful/best body/etc. etc. of all the HWs. Didn't seem desperate to me at all, until now.  

I always thought she'd do better than Tom.  Does anyone here really think he's that much of a catch?  He just feels a little shady to me. 

Pickin's must be slim in NYC.

• Love 5
On 7/31/2016 at 4:12 PM, ButterQueen said:

I never thought I would miss episodes like Aviva expecting a parade/banner upon her arrival, or Sonja and Ramona googling "white trash", Aviva's description of them.  Those were the days!

There was nothing like Ramojna on vacation. Remember Ramona busting out a thesaurus for "white trash" and Sonja's response. "Hillbillies can be welcoming. Welcome to my trailer!"

• Love 9

Sonja and Ramona...desperate much?  They are both so jealous of LuAnn that it's becoming embarrassing.   With each passing moment their "relationships" with Tom become more and more "meaningful".   Just go away.

• Love 5
15 hours ago, ryebread said:

But Sonja is delusional and messy.  Ramona is....well, Ramona. Both seem kind of desperate to me.

Lu is, or used to be, this put together, cool, most beautiful/best body/etc. etc. of all the HWs. Didn't seem desperate to me at all, until now.  

I always thought she'd do better than Tom.  Does anyone here really think he's that much of a catch?  He just feels a little shady to me. 

Pickin's must be slim in NYC.

She's over 50 how much more looking is she supposed to do? I think their pairing has A LOT to do with being TIRED of looking around. I think the fact that they are in the same place mentally regarding their singles status plays a big part. When you understand one another it makes a big different in the commitment part. I think Tom's single's past is actually very relevant to Lu's decision to marry him because I get the feeling that she GETS what he wants and finds it easier to believe a guy like Tom when he says he wants to settle down with one person and leave the uncertainties of dating behind him.

Find someone who has all the "right" things going for him and has the sales pitch ready and you have to wonder how many others he used the line on only to have been rejected? At least with Tom it seems as if he wasn't running around town trying to put a ring on it constantly all the while still out on the prowl playing both angles. If he doesn't have a history of "long term serious relationships" that eventually he needed to find his way out of then I think that makes this decision that much more genuine and organic not some script that he tries to put into effect over and over again.  IF that is what his history outlines then yeah I'd be a bit skeptical but if all they got on him is that he's a serial dater who never really got into too many serious or long term relationships then to me that sounds like a dude that didn't plan on committing to someone until he was ready to which I find admirable. I mean that's how it all looks to have played out to me.

So far Tom's worse offense is that he was a serial dater and a handful of those he's dated have crossed paths in some form or another. Not that big a deal in the big scheme of things. I don't see how that makes him a bad catch. Add that I can easily believe that Tom just may personally know of one or two of Lu's past "acquaintances" as well and I can understand why this particular topic is a non issue for both of them. 

Edited by Yours Truly
  • Love 9

If Ramona's going to get so butt-hurt over timelines and who dated whom and when (and obsessed over people providing available men for her) she's in for a rough post-divorce time.

LuAnn, I wouldn't think "we were both players!" is a good thing to celebrate, or a sign that you're soulmates. But go ahead, congratulate yourself on the success of a player landing another player.

So, Hawaii was canned because of Bethenny's fibroids and after all that, B isn't even at the party, but chilling on a beach with a friend? WTF?

• Love 5
22 minutes ago, archer1267 said:

If Ramona's going to get so butt-hurt over timelines and who dated whom and when (and obsessed over people providing available men for her) she's in for a rough post-divorce time.

LuAnn, I wouldn't think "we were both players!" is a good thing to celebrate, or a sign that you're soulmates. But go ahead, congratulate yourself on the success of a player landing another player.

So, Hawaii was canned because of Bethenny's fibroids and after all that, B isn't even at the party, but chilling on a beach with a friend? WTF?

Since when is playing the field something so tarnishing that switching it up to a committed relationship seems completely ludicrous? I mean I still don't understand why two people who have been know to date around a lot then decide to enter into a committed relationship seems to be so far fetched to others? Of course, there's always time for more stuff to "come out" about Tom's heinous acts while on the singles scene but at this stage there really isn't anything that suggests the pairing of these two is doomed just because they both were serial daters. I can understand the concern over how fast they are moving but even then at their age I'm not all that pearl clutchy about it. Life's short as is, imagine after 50? Time's a wastin' ya know. Some people don't like wasting time over shit they've learned can't be helped one way or another. Fingers crossed, caution to the wind, YOLO and all that jazz.. LOL.

Edited by Yours Truly
  • Love 4

Since when is playing the field something so tarnishing that switching it up to a committed relationship seems completely ludicrous?

I'm not clutching my pearls here, YoursTruly. Or slut shaming. I just thought it was an odd thing to get excited about. Yes, people who played the field can find happiness and even be monogamous, but LuAnn seems more excited about the fact that she "reeled in" a guy who was running around the UES and that he reeled her in. I personally think it takes more than "we were both players and we love sex" for someone to be one's soulmate, but different strokes and all that.

Edited by archer1267

My guess is there is more to Lu and Tom than just sex and playing, but we'll never hear about it because Bethy and Ramonja just want to bitch about how Lu is a man-stealing plastic fuck doll.  They don't want to know about why Tom and Lu fell in love, so they don't ask anything and only want to talk about how awful it is that Lu is engaged to THEIR MAN and how shitty her ring is and what a whore Lu is.

• Love 9
31 minutes ago, archer1267 said:

I'm not clutching my pearls here, YoursTruly. Or slut shaming. I just thought it was an odd thing to get excited about. Yes, people who played the field can find happiness and even be monogamous, but LuAnn seems more excited about the fact that she "reeled in" a guy who was running around the UES and that he reeled her in. I personally think it takes more than "we were both players and we love sex" for someone to be one's soulmate, but different strokes and all that.

I doubt that's all there is to it and besides the cast is very pearl clutchy about it all.   I think these are the bullet points she keeps referring to in order to dispel all the buzz about them (or him) playing the field=non-committal so instead she keeps pointing out how similar they are in that sense and is highlighting just how happy two people with this sort of past can still be head over heels for each other. I think she's trying to speak in terms that others are speaking in and making a big deal about hence the whole "Um yeah, he was a player, so was I and in the process we snagged each other.. reel, reel, reel.. Big Catch" angle. It's like can't beat 'em join their narrative but she's putting her own happily ever after spin on the narrative therefore taking back some control over the story that's being told. 

I do believe that she's excited about a lot of the superficial aspects of their coupling but that doesn't mean she and they aren't also experiencing the heartwarming and sentimental emotions over it as well. 

I also believe she's amping up her giddiness in the presence of the others on purpose because they are so intent on insulting what I truly believe is something Lu feels is a very special event in her life and not just a temporary performance.

Edited by Yours Truly
  • Love 6

If I go on the premise that the other cast members believe Luanne is as much of a player as Tom is and that the other ladies believe that Luanne had an open marriage with the Count, then Bethenny’s text/video on Tom will not prevent Luanne from marrying him. It wouldn't matter if it was a sex tape taken 2 hours before he arrived on deck.

The only way I could see Luanne not marrying Tom is if it is revealed that yes he comes from money, but he already went through his inheritance, everything is about to be repo’d, his company is going bust, he’s about to be fired and he is in debt up to his ear. Then I could see Luanne dropping him like a hot potato in terms of marriage but she’ll keep him around for a side dick and a story line.

If I were Lu I’d drop Sonja as a friend because she will continually throw herself at Tom as she needs the world to know that she’s desirable.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Yours Truly said:

Of course, there's always time for more stuff to "come out" about Tom's heinous acts while on the singles scene but at this stage there really isn't anything that suggests the pairing of these two is doomed just because they both were serial daters.

But at this stage - recently/during their engagement - he did something that he "deeply regrets".  Yeah, everyone makes mistakes but I'm kind of surprised Luann is settling for this guy that has done deeply regrettable thing(s) before they've even said 'I do.'

It sure feels like settling to me.  And if that's not enough, when there are red flags, I've always found it's best to heed them. 

I still say she could do better.  But perhaps she doesn't think so.  And that's all that matters, I suppose.

• Love 2
38 minutes ago, ryebread said:

But at this stage - recently/during their engagement - he did something that he "deeply regrets".  Yeah, everyone makes mistakes but I'm kind of surprised Luann is settling for this guy that has done deeply regrettable thing(s) before they've even said 'I do.'

It sure feels like settling to me.  And if that's not enough, when there are red flags, I've always found it's best to heed them. 

I still say she could do better.  But perhaps she doesn't think so.  And that's all that matters, I suppose.

Has anyone ever considered he's got everything she wants? That he's her 80/20? It doesn't seem like she's settling to me. To me it looks like she thinks he's "this close" to the complete package and that's close enough for her.  I really think all the rest of it is more about the show and the other women really trying to stick it to Lu.

• Love 1
On July 29, 2016 at 7:49 AM, njbchlover said:

Sorry, quoting isn't working for me...

Per zoeysmom's link above, I think Dorinda nailed it with LuAnn and Tom being "both sporty" among other things.  It's so much fun to have a "teammate" who enjoys the same activities.  They're kind of their own team of two soulmates.  They seem to share a love of travel and outdoor activities, along with intimate compatibility.  Really rare to find at any age, so why not go for it when it comes your way.  I'm rooting for them.

• Love 7
On ‎8‎/‎1‎/‎2016 at 1:29 PM, zulualpha said:

Also according to the ROL story linked above, they have sent out a save the date cared for the wedding, on New Year's I believe.  I think that's a pretty good indication the wedding's a go if only because choosing to have the wedding on the biggest party night of the year and getting everybody to start making reservations is asking a lot of people and it would be super embarrassing to cancel. 

Actually, it wasn't a card.  It was an e-vite.  Nothing screams fancy Palm Beach wedding like an emailed Save the Date. 

I'm being mean - I was married long before the internet.  Maybe sending e-vites to posh events is a thing now?

Saving money by not sending actual Save the Date cards makes me think:   If Lu sold her house in Bridgehampton for 8 mil and bought the smaller one for 3, maybe SHE'S the one with the cash in this relationship.  Or is this a case of, The Rich Stay Rich by Holding Tight To Their Cash?

Edited by ryebread
  • Love 2

I am confused by Sonja-she wanted to keep the relationship with Tom on the down low because she wanted him as a friend.  http://www.inquisitr.com/3375115/sonja-morgan-hints-her-rhony-relationships-are-complicated-due-to-thomas-dagostino/  So Sonja was keeping the "relationship" a secret but Tom is the one who didn't explain it correctly to Luann and imagine Luann believed Tom over Sonja?  Could it be Tom was never really into Sonja friend or otherwise?  How many more men does Sonja have on the down low?  For someone who is oh so concerned about Luann's happiness she has a funny way of showing it.  Maybe upon telling Sonja, Luann expecting Sonja to admit or at least ask if Tom had told her about their past. 

Dorinda is another who is quite confusing, I agree the others should not be debasing a pretty already base Sonja by saying she was screwing Tom, not sure what you would call a down low relationship?  I think lovemaking would be incorrect as well but she is rather hypocritical regarding being involved with someone who is friends with a romantic interest.  "My theory once you have seen someone's vagina or other parts, no more friends anymore-you've crossed over a line. . . ."  Dorinda said her husband Richard and John were friends.  Why is it she can become lovers with her husband's friend?  Luann crossed a line when she became lovers with one of Sonja's flings?  Do the exes have to die for dating to be permissible?  Not to be mean, but I doubt there are very few women in Dorinda's circle that would want to date John. 

• Love 1
7 minutes ago, ryebread said:

Actually, it wasn't a card.  It was an e-vite.  Nothing screams fancy Palm Beach wedding like an emailed Save the Date. 

I'm being mean - I was married long before the internet.  Maybe sending invites to posh events is a thing now?

Saving money by not sending actual Save the Date cards makes me think:   If Lu sold her house in Bridgehampton for 8 mil and bought the smaller one for 3, maybe SHE'S the one with the cash in this relationship.  Or is this a case of, The Rich Stay Rich by Holding Tight To Their Cash?

If you have been married a long time, I am assuming that was before the Save-the-Date card became a thing.  It seems Luann has announced the date and place of her wedding in February for her December 31st nuptials.  My guess is the Save-the Date e-mail, let's people know they made the list, since the date isn't a secret.  If they are offended by an e-mail they can boycott the wedding. I was raised that you do not invite people to an engagement party and not the wedding.  So this is not terribly traditional.  I am guessing there are some pretty angry co-stars right about now if Bravo intends in filming all or part of the three ring circus, wedding, birthday party for Tom and New Years' Eve bash.  The good news is it is being held at a time when the RH are usually dark filming wise. 

I don't think it is a money saving venture.   Tom owns a printing company.

• Love 3
On 7/28/2016 at 10:14 AM, StevieRocks said:

You all (as usual) have done a brilliant job of summing up so many of my feelings about this episode, so I'll just add this--the tackiness of LuAnn's white dresses notwithstanding, I thought Carole looked incredibly petty when she snarked to those two crusty old horndogs Moaner and Sonja that LuAnn was wearing white. Smh. To think that Carole initially tried to portray herself as the 'cool' one, and now she's coming off as one of the Plastics on "Mean Girls: AARP Edition." 

On 7/28/2016 at 10:25 AM, StevieRocks said:

Same here. That's why I thought Carole sounded like a hateful old hagmonster.

Carole was not snarking on LuAnn and her choice to wear white to her engagement party, Carole had seen LuAnn was wearing white and asked "is it bad....LuAnn is wearing a white dress" because Carole was also wearing head to toe white.  

Carole was trying to be considerate and didn't want to step on Lu's toes.  From the previews, it looks like several of the guests were wearing white dresses/ensembles, so it looks like Carole wasn't the only one.  

• Love 8
3 hours ago, zoeysmom said:

"My theory once you have seen someone's vagina or other parts, no more friends anymore-you've crossed over a line. . . ." 

Now this rule is open to interpretation......Do dick pics and naked selfies count?

• Love 1

Re Evites, didn't LuAnn run afoul of Jill for sending an evite out for her couture fundraiser in S3? Jill wrinkled her nose and said they weren't formal/fancy enough. At least Lu's being consistent in her use of medium :)

• Love 1

For the last 3 years I have received an evite/e-invitation to a $500/head fundraiser in NYC and no paper copy at all. Other fundraisers send both.  And my kids have started to received e-invitations to bar/bat mitzvahs - not many but some. (Usually the invitation is a big big deal). So maybe it is becoming more and more the norm.  There are so many people that are green these days.  (Not that Luann is one of them). I would think vegan chef Adam would probably appreciate the greenness of Luann's choice. ;)

Edited by jinjer
  • Love 3
4 hours ago, jinjer said:

I would think vegan chef Adam would probably appreciate the greenness of Luann's choice. ;)

But he will be one of many who will board commercial or private, gas guzzling, air polluting jets to attend the nuptials that just had to be held in Florida.

Assuming there will BE any nuptials.....

• Love 2
31 minutes ago, ryebread said:

But he will be one of many who will board commercial or private, gas guzzling, air polluting jets to attend the nuptials that just had to be held in Florida.

Assuming there will BE any nuptials.....

Darling, rules are for the little people.

• Love 4