Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E09: Girl Meets Ski Lodge: Part 2

Ditch em both and find some hottie thats stable and won't be pressuring you into make a choice. MIght actually teach these two loopies a lesson about trying to control someone.

I know a lots been said about the "triangle" but Lucas also holds the choice to simply walk away and find someone else.

(edited)

Why is it played for "aww!" and cute on a Disney show that an eighteen year old college freshman just half-promised someday and said he reciprocated the feelings of his niece's best friend that is three / four years younger than him?

FEENY next week!

Edited by LexieLily
  • Love 4

Well that was kind of..uneventful,IMO..

"My mother says hello."-guess we'll never see her in person

i wonder if the"I Do" episode will be yet another two-parter

If Topanga can still hold a grudge over the whole Lauren thing after all these years, then maybe Corey should be entitled to hold a grudge about Topanga breaking up their engagement and treating him like crap because her parents got divorced.

Just sayin'....

• Love 14
1 hour ago, LexieLily said:

Why is it played for "aww!" and cute on a Disney show that an eighteen year old college freshman just half-promised someday and said he reciprocated the feelings of his niece's best friend that is three / four years younger than him?

FEENY next week!

Oh hell yes! Feeny!

• Love 2

So about Evan...note that he didn't actually say that Lauren was his mom.  Maybe that was is they wanted to use the character somewhere else, they had more flexibility? :)

Seriously, I could just imagine Evan's phone conversation with his mom:

Evan: Mom, someone says that he's the falcon in that relationship game with the book.

Lauren: Really?  Is his name Cory Matthews?  Curly-haired guy?

Evan: Yeah...

Lauren: *looks at tan lines where her wedding ring once was* Tell him I said "hi"!

LOL!!

P.S. I did like that instead of Evan trying to take Riley from Lucas, he was actually trying to help them get together.

• Love 2

I've had time to cool down since I've known what happens for like a week now so I'm only mildly annoyed compared to how upset I was when I first found out. 

Like, I'll admit I'm a fan of Lucaya, but I've always known Rucas was endgame. Even if he had chosen Maya now (which is what I thought the twist would be) I know he'd find his way back to Riley in the end. However, I was not expecting the reasoning to be so stupid and lazy. 

So Maya, *unconsciously* morphed into Riley in order to see if Lucas was a good guy? So she couldn't just sit back and be his friend to see it, she had to experience it?? That just did not make sense to me. It'd be different if she admitted that's what she was doing (though that would then raise questions about whether or not Riley/the gang should ever trust Maya again) but, to say her mind is basically set on 'protect Riley' mode even when she doesn't know it, is ridiculous.

I also dont like that there was so much interference in the first place. Josh and Evan dont know half of what's been going on. And since they aren't close friends there's no way they know any of the Triangle well enough to be aware of their deepest feelings or motivations behind their actions. This should have been a final heart to heart with the 3 involved. Possibly with a little advice beforehand from Farkle and/or Zay. Not some random throwaway character and Josh, who hasn't been seen in like a year (though I do know that's not totally on the writers because of Uriah's accident).

And yeah, I'm super against Joshaya so there's that I now must low-key suffer through. 

• Love 3
3 hours ago, Spartan Girl said:

If Topanga can still hold a grudge over the whole Lauren thing after all these years, then maybe Corey should be entitled to hold a grudge about Topanga breaking up their engagement and treating him like crap because her parents got divorced.

Just sayin'....

Oh heck yes we NEED more Feeny and Alan.. Somoene to put some kick in this series :)

In brief:

Just as side note when I fanficed BMW.. C/T didn't see each other for 7 years after Topanga broke the engagement. Quite frankly Cory has really had enough of Topanga's antics. It wasn't the no sex or can't touch anything below her neckline that bothered him it was just her rotten attitude towards relationships in general. Topanga had moved out and broke the engagement effectively ending the relationship. 

Sean was offered a lucritive job with a modeling agency as an assistant and he jumped at it. By sheer coincidence the agency need two assistants so he took Cory with him. They only told Feeny they were going, deffered their college studies and spent several years travelling the globe on the modelling agencies dime surrounded by beautiful women.

Have to leave it there

26 minutes ago, FrumiusManxome said:

I've had time to cool down since I've known what happens for like a week now so I'm only mildly annoyed compared to how upset I was when I first found out. 

Like, I'll admit I'm a fan of Lucaya, but I've always known Rucas was endgame. Even if he had chosen Maya now (which is what I thought the twist would be) I know he'd find his way back to Riley in the end. However, I was not expecting the reasoning to be so stupid and lazy. 

So Maya, *unconsciously* morphed into Riley in order to see if Lucas was a good guy? So she couldn't just sit back and be his friend to see it, she had to experience it?? That just did not make sense to me. It'd be different if she admitted that's what she was doing (though that would then raise questions about whether or not Riley/the gang should ever trust Maya again) but, to say her mind is basically set on 'protect Riley' mode even when she doesn't know it, is ridiculous.

I also dont like that there was so much interference in the first place. Josh and Evan dont know half of what's been going on. And since they aren't close friends there's no way they know any of the Triangle well enough to be aware of their deepest feelings or motivations behind their actions. This should have been a final heart to heart with the 3 involved. Possibly with a little advice beforehand from Farkle and/or Zay. Not some random throwaway character and Josh, who hasn't been seen in like a year (though I do know that's not totally on the writers because of Uriah's accident).

And yeah, I'm super against Joshaya so there's that I now must low-key suffer through. 

Yeah it's what happens when they try to over write a episode (or series) The more complex you make it the more plot holes appear ..lol. And the message your trying to send the audience gets lost by all the complexities.

BMW was simplier they went to make out parties at 13, dated frequently, and the 1 ep where there was a triangle (S2 where Sean like 2 girls and asked Cory to date one because he was safe) was dealt with very quickly.

(edited)

Okay I hate to admit it but I seriously just made a forum account for this because I am so into this show. I am twenty years old with no one to chat about this show with so here I go. 

I was a little pleased yet disappointed with the ending of this season. Now I wasn't really Lucaya or Rucas but after all this I am starting to kind of dislike Maya... and Riley. Maya is acting super annoying and obnoxious through it all now that she's "found" herself and why on earth would you go as far as going after your best friends crush just to see whether or not he would be good enough for her? Also the writers were pushing her "bad girl" thing way too hard. WE GET IT, SHE "BREAKS THE RULES". As for Riley she is acting like such a baby and as if she is in mourning. She seems so depressed it makes me feel sad inside. 

It is kind of sad but I don't think that Rucas is going to last long because I felt that despite Riley being happy in the end she was just over the whole triangle thing and maybe Lucas,I think that is why she was pushing so hard on ending it. Also why on earth would "Evan" a stranger to the whole thing have such a huge impact on her if she has such strong and sure feelings for Lucas that have been going 2 years strong? I think she is just an easily persuaded hopeless romantic and that's why Rucas will not last.. at least for now. She even says it at some point in episodes 8 & 9 to Maya about "seasons changing and relationships too." and as long as their friendship " lasts forever", so I guess we can look forward to new people next season?! 

ALSO JOSHAYA... REALLY DUDE?? WHY PLAY WITH HER FEELINGS LIKE THIS YOU BOING!!!??? I am so angry about his responses yet slightly pleased. He isn't really that much older than her but I still feel really sad for Maya. She is basically still a child! You don't mess with a child's feelings like that! Especially since she doesn't even know her own feelings half the time! I understand that the writers had to some how even things out for both girls in the end but it still makes me really frustrated! He admitted to liking her back but at the same time I feel like he was just doing it out of impulse! I am so conflicted about this..

Also I hated how EVERYONE was literally in the mix and all up in their business.. I would hate for my friends to all be watching my drama like it's a damn TV show (HAHA PUN). 

I literally can not wait for season 4! Does anyone know when they will be airing it? Or have they filmed already? I am dying guys. 

Edited by LexiMeetsWorld
  • Love 1

^^^ Thats just it,its up in the air as to whether or not there will be a S4..the episode w/ Shawn and Katy getting married is heavily implying that theyre going to end the show then and there..

• Love 1

This show needs moved to a different network... or new writers. That long, drawn-out triangle just dropped everything right back to where it was at the start, with Lucas and Riley together, so what was the point?! Josh, who seems like a cute, well-spoken guy, should have a million prospects at college being in his freshman year, but he's going to make "someday" promises with a high school freshman? Nope. Maya, and none of the kids for that matter, need to be handed everything they want, and the writers are being lazy and infuriating. I'm having trouble buying the hard sell of Maya's "tough life" when it seems whatever she desires is handed to her on a platter. The kind of behavior she's exhibited in relation to Josh shouldn't be rewarded, and maybe it would have just been better for her to have actually liked Lucas as well and let one of the girls ended up hurt. It would have been a far more interesting dynamic to explore than this lame fantasy-land where the kids deal with no serious issues. This is not what BMW was about.

• Love 11
5 hours ago, TDT said:

^^^ Thats just it,its up in the air as to whether or not there will be a S4..the episode w/ Shawn and Katy getting married is heavily implying that theyre going to end the show then and there..

I'd imagine GMW will go to season 5 then finish up. Generally and at a guess most series nowdays go to season 5 (some longer).

(edited)

The one thing that surprises me is that they really did not leave it ambiguous, like I thought they would.  I thought for sure that we'd get some kind of "but was Riley really who Lucas picked, or did he find out that she was his only option first?" kind of thing.  But, from the moment he came down the stairs and was clearly upset about Riley talking to Evan, it was pretty clear.  And when he panicked when Maya pretended that she was really into him and "knew" he picked her.  That they made it so clean cut was surprising.  

As for Josh/Maya, I don't really have a problem with the age difference.  As a teen, I dated guys who were about that age difference (hell, in college, I dated a guy 10 years older than me).  I know it's cliche to say that girls mature faster than boys, but, well, as the parent of a 13 year old boy, I can assure you, it's true.  There's absolutely a maturity difference when you look at my son and the boys in his grade and then you look at the girls in his grade.   Now, the difference in places they're each at in life is more of an issue.  A college relationship is, often, more "mature" than a high school relationship.  The experience level is generally very different.  Not to mention that a high school girl who's committed to a guy who isn't even there on a day to day basis is going to miss out on a lot of the kind of life a girl in high school should be experiencing.  (On a related note, I knew more than a couple guys, freshman year of college, who were dating sophomores in high school from back home.  Those relationships generally didn't last beyond the mid point of freshman year, because both parties end up feeling like they're missing out on the full high school/college experience).  So, while I have no problem with the three year age difference, the experience level is enough to give an adult pause, because we have the experience to realize the pitfalls.  I'm glad they're at least taking the step of not creating an actual Josh/Maya relationship.  The opposite, in fact.  Josh talked about how they would both be out there living their lives.  

While I acknowledge that the reasoning for Maya's interest and loss of interest in Lucas was stupid*, I actually thought a lot of this episode was rather sweet, at exactly the level it should be for the Disney Channel watching crowd.  And Riley seemed a lot less, well, stupid, in this episode.  (Except for the fact that she was stuck in that boot the whole damn time.)  And I feel like Lucas showed more personality than he has in most episodes. I'll give Peyton credit, whenever the script has called for him to be clearly interested in Riley, he does a good job of selling it.  The boy knows how to make his face light up.  

And, I'll admit, I cracked up at Riley's panicked "Maya!!!" when Lucas pulled out the ring box, followed by "stay where you are!" when he revealed it to be a jelly bean.  Those kind of moments are where she really clicks as Cory's kid for me.  

The best part, by far, though, was the reinforcing the Riley/Maya friendship, complete with the two of them getting the closing scene to show that it's still the most important relationship.  (Honorable mention to the look on Topanga's face at " Mr. Matthews? My Mom says hello.")  

*An explanation that would have made far more sense, while still incorporating the "Maya was becoming Riley" narrative (which is kind of dumb, but it's what they've given us to work with for weeks), would have been some realization that Maya has always wanted to have a family like Riley's, and she was still harboring some inner turmoil over the idea that she wasn't "good enough" for a family.  I know they had the episode where she meets her father and he tells her that it was never her fault, and she forgives herself, but some of that could still, easily, be in there.  Teens don't just get over deep emotional pain that quickly, even when they're absolved of the pain like that.  Now that she's getting that family, in Shawn proposing to her mom, that could have been the thing that made her realize that she doesn't have to be like Riley to be loved and cared for.  I honestly thought that was going to be some of the reasoning, since it seemed intentional that Shawn's proposal came at the end of the same episode where Maya was trying to stop being Riley.  Part of the problem with any explanation is that they shouldn't need one.  The writers let themselves be lured into this triangle as fan service to the people who had started shipping Lucas/Maya, a relationship they hadn't planned on doing.  Trying to be all things to all fan bases left them with a story they needed an exit for, so we ended up with this mess they needed to clean up.  

Edited by KerleyQ
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, KerleyQ said:

An explanation that would have made far more sense, while still incorporating the "Maya was becoming Riley" narrative (which is kind of dumb, but it's what they've given us to work with for weeks), would have been some realization that Maya has always wanted to have a family like Riley's

I would totally have accepted a Maya becomes more like Riley and likes Lucas in "that way" because she wants the life she thinks Riley has, the perfect life that she, herself never had. That is what I thought they were going for originally, that Maya wants to be Riley because Riley has two perfect parents and a little brother and a cute uncle and the only family Maya had was an absentee mother with her head in the clouds.

I still can't wrap my head around this all being about Maya protecting Riley (how, exactly, is liking the guy your BFF likes protecting them? Seems more like hurting them to me).  It just does NOT make sense. At all. It has to be some half assed, last minute "fix" the writers came up with when they realized the triangle just was not working. I can't imagine the vast majority of the viewing audience having enjoyed this storyline. They should have ended it about 2 episodes before it started. It basically ruined three characters for me. The two girls for treating Lucas like a toy they were fighting over and rarely considering his feelings in all this and Lucas for letting them.

• Love 8
(edited)
2 hours ago, Mabinogia said:

I still can't wrap my head around this all being about Maya protecting Riley (how, exactly, is liking the guy your BFF likes protecting them? Seems more like hurting them to me).  It just does NOT make sense. At all. It has to be some half assed, last minute "fix" the writers came up with when they realized the triangle just was not working. I can't imagine the vast majority of the viewing audience having enjoyed this storyline. They should have ended it about 2 episodes before it started. It basically ruined three characters for me. The two girls for treating Lucas like a toy they were fighting over and rarely considering his feelings in all this and Lucas for letting them.

Same here. I don't like any of them all that much any more. The triangle ruined all of them. Even as a Lucaya shipper, this whole thing has tainted these 3 so much I'd rather they all date other people. Riley and Maya both were super inconsiderate of Lucas' feelings. And I really hated the undercurrent of smug Riley that started cropping up. As if she was just so sure Maya wasn't going to be chosen (a commenter mentioned this before, but I can't remember when). I'm less hard on Lucas because while they all were backed into a corner by the writing Maya and Riley at least felt like they were making actual decisions. By contrast,  Lucas might as well have been a cardboard cutout.

46 minutes ago, SmithW6079 said:

I haven't watched the past two episodes, but I'm getting the sense from here that the show is becoming unwatchable with the stupidity. Is that right? 

I think this is like a turning point. This whole triangle has totally torn what little the show had going for it down. So logically, since it's over the show should improve.

But, you have to consider the fact that (at least imo) GMW wasn't that great in the first place so it's limited in how good it could get and whether or not how stupid this explanation was is too much for you. 

Personally, I just really want to see how bad this could possibly get. I have no doubt it's going to get worse, but there are small things that I still am holding out for. 

Edited by FrumiusManxome
  • Love 1
8 hours ago, KerleyQ said:

The best part, by far, though, was the reinforcing the Riley/Maya friendship, complete with the two of them getting the closing scene to show that it's still the most important relationship. 

I get the feeling that shippers took that whole ending conversation out of context..

I know it was just them in the background but I loved Smackle, Farkle and Zay sitting down quickly in front of the fireplace to watch the drama unfold while the others where on the couches doing the quiz/questions. 

• Love 2

I'll just bring this over from the spoiler thread

The most important thing here is the true endgame of the show, Riley and Maya, are good. This triangle was ruining their relationship and this was absolutely the best way to solve it and to get back on point. Their friendship in my eyes was tainted by this crappy triangle but now we can more forward and it can get back to me believing these two would never hurt each other because they love each other so much. It's much cuter to see Maya rooting for her best friend's relationship than it is seeing her trying to get in between it.

What was the point of part one though? Part two was so much better and we ended up just the way we started so again I'm convinced it was just fan service. But kudos to the writers for sticking to their original script and not letting a bunch of entitled fans change their story any more than they already did. Everything I had a problem with Maya has been erased as well as everything entitled fans swore by. No she never liked Lucas, so no she never put her feelings on hold for Riley, no she never liked Lucas from the beginning, no Lucas never liked her just didn't want to hurt her (though he could've been confused at one point). No Maya didn't push Lucas to pick Riley because he secretly wanted Maya lol. Lucas was always going to choose Riley because that's why Topanga invited Josh. I was never one of those who wanted Riley to give up Lucas because I didn't get it, it was clear that they liked each other and the only person standing in their way was Maya.Riley shouldn't have to give up what she wants just for Maya. Although Lucas please bye, he strung along Riley and Maya this long and get mad because Riley wants to talk to someone else. 

Although I did roll my eyes at the explanation of Maya's feeling. I mean maybe she liked him at one point but got over it. Or realized after "dating" him he isn't as interesting as she thought. Or maybe she got tired of Lucas being jealous of every guy Riley talked to or she got tired of asking him for the same amount of attention Lucas easily gave Riley. I wish they would make Josh younger he is more on Maya's level and I find them more interesting. And kudos to the love intrest this episode, Peyton sounded emotional was he was picking Riley and Josh and Maya scenes were great. I hope to see more of Josh and I like they they aren't jumping into anything. They acknowledged they like each other but can't be together, cool. I think the long game is the best way to go

Also can Riley have scenes with her uncle too?

• Love 1
(edited)
On 7/30/2016 at 5:45 PM, SmithW6079 said:

I haven't watched the past two episodes, but I'm getting the sense from here that the show is becoming unwatchable with the stupidity. Is that right? 

It's been like that well before these two episodes, unfortunately.

The writing on this show is horrendous. Complete fantasyland writing where you roll your eyes at how unrealistic everything is. Say what you want about BMW, but a lot of episodes were relatable. They went off the deep end a bit towards the end of their run with the goofiness, but for the most part, Cory was a normal kid going through normal issues that kids his age went through. I don't get that sense here, and while I'm not a kid so therefore not their target audience, I can still see the difference between a good kid's show and a bad one. 

Part II was all over the place, but I cannot get over how bad "Maya became Riley to protect her" is as the explanation to a 2-season long story. They stretched it out so long and that was the explanation they came up with? What teenaged kid would ever do that in real life? Is it even possible to do it in real life??

I want to see how they go from here. Maybe the quality will improve now that this storyline is over, but considering that the show wasn't exactly well written prior to this, I'm not very hopeful.

Edited by BigDave
  • Love 7

Glad the triangle is over. I think it was dragged out too long but the 2nd part was definitely better than the 1st. Peyton did really step it up to show his feelings for Riley and the jealousy. There was finally some emotion there. Cory and Topanga's face at "My mother says hello." was hilarious. I did like Cory's nod and smile at Evan after Topanga was out the door. And ending with Riley and Maya felt right. Even if their conversations border on too old for them I like they were the end. For the many, MANY unrealistic things that happen on this show Riley/Maya's friendship has always seemed to be the most important thing to each other. 

• Love 3

Yep prolly the only part of this series I actually like is the intro song and Sheppard Geronimo that did a live performance on GMW.

The story lines are too convoluted. BMW infinitely better

• Love 1

My favorite part of this episode? Riley's sunshine sweater. I could never pull it off, but I still want one.

My second favorite part?

On 7/30/2016 at 0:41 PM, KerleyQ said:

And, I'll admit, I cracked up at Riley's panicked "Maya!!!" when Lucas pulled out the ring box, followed by "stay where you are!" when he revealed it to be a jelly bean.  Those kind of moments are where she really clicks as Cory's kid for me. 

And  then third was probably a tie between Maya asking Lucas if it was okay for her to join him in front of the fireplace, and Zay hurrying off to go "save a tree".

That probably says something sad about this show (or my continued viewing of it), but I am taking the tiniest glimmers of fun where I can find them.

• Love 1
9 hours ago, RandomMe said:

My favorite part of this episode? Riley's sunshine sweater. I could never pull it off, but I still want one.

I feel the exact same way. If it weren't almost 400$ CAD, I would have bought it immediately.

Please let this arc be over. I'm so glad I'm not the only one whose creeped out by the idea of Maya and Josh. he's reasonably good looking and shes a minor he can find someone his own age. 

The rest of it didn't make sense because I don't get why Maya had to change into Riley to see if Lucas was a good person (but tbf I'm pretty sure I've never actually had a crush on anyone so maybe it's a level I'm not supposed to get)

Whatever. Let's hope the quality increases, but my hopes aren't high. 

• Love 2

I'm super late commenting on these episodes, but I've wondered for quite a while if the Triangle dragged on for as long as it did due to Uriah's accident. Josh was supposed to appear in a few episodes at the end of that season, which would have been a fairly natural time  to conclude the love triangle plot, but couldn't. Watching these episodes makes me think that they always had planned on a resolution that was sort of like this with Josh showing up.

It feels like they had a way they wanted to end it, so the spun their wheels for half a season until they could get the actor they needed for it.