Type keyword(s) to search

Small Talk: 1, 2, 3 Non-Cheerleader Conversation

• Start Topic

9 minutes ago, California Girl said:

Thanks they are playing very well.

As for the performances, did you not enjoy the one with the 'racy' swaying as much.  It did maybe push the edge a bit, and being a pole to mind.  :)

I don't like the first one, I think that was the one that someone said was to a little mix song. I liked the second one, there wasn't as much different lines doing different choreography so it flowed better.

I feel like I missed something on the training camp thread. All of a sudden there was a warning from a mod and the thread is locked until further notice! I'm not asking anyone to say something that would violate whatever rules, but I'm just curious for a general idea of what was going wrong and I really want to know if/when they'll open back up for the new episodes and once the team is announced. ?

• Love 1
15 minutes ago, frenchtoast said:

It will reopen tomorrow. If a topic has been locked by a site administrator needless to say stuff went downhill fast. We don't discuss that in public though.

Thanks for the update @frenchtoast, I am very new to this forum thing and when I see a warning from a mod I never know what post it was referring to. If someone posts a site violation will you message a warning to them personally? I was concerned about that thread being locked because I want to know about this week in TC, The squad announcement and then be able to talk about the episodes. Will there be a new thread dedicated to season 12 episodes? 

• Love 2
1 minute ago, DCCroutineFAN said:

Thanks for the update @frenchtoast, I am very new to this forum thing and when I see a warning from a mod I never know what post it was referring to. If someone posts a site violation will you message a warning to them personally? I was concerned about that thread being locked because I want to know about this week in TC, The squad announcement and then be able to talk about the episodes. Will there be a new thread dedicated to season 12 episodes? 

Any punitive measures are private yes. Public notices like mod notes are addressed to everyone to explain (vaguely at times) a situation. In short, we don't throw people in the stocks for public ridicule, but sometimes we need to make brief announcements to let folks know something happened and it's being handled. 

I know, clear as mud. But it's the best we have.

TL;DR It will reopen before the season starts.

On 7/25/2017 at 11:11 AM, heatherrrrz said:

Fun, I hope his team does well! 

I enjoyed one of the performances, I think they were choreographed by the lady from LSU, I know one of them was.

I absolutely love the lady from LSU!  As far as guest choreographers go I never could stand their style of dance but Denise is amazing!

• Love 1
1 minute ago, missmansfield said:

I absolutely love the lady from LSU!  As far as guest choreographers go I never could stand their style of dance but Denise is amazing!

I think this year I liked the one by Michelle Keys instead of Denise, but I'll have to see better video of it.

8 hours ago, M1977G said:

I feel like I missed something on the training camp thread. All of a sudden there was a warning from a mod and the thread is locked until further notice! I'm not asking anyone to say something that would violate whatever rules, but I'm just curious for a general idea of what was going wrong and I really want to know if/when they'll open back up for the new episodes and once the team is announced. ?

Okay it isn't just me.  I came on for my daily dose and hadn't no idea what was going on.

• Love 4
9 hours ago, DCCroutineFAN said:

Thanks for inquiring, I was wondering the same thing.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Annmarie1111 said:

Thanks for inquiring, I was wondering the same thing.

Me too, I a just checking in tonight for the first time (very busy day) and was surprised to find the thread locked down.  Everyone get a good night's rest, and we'll see each other again tomorrow -- happy and rested.  Good night y'all.

On 7/25/2017 at 0:05 PM, ellekotonyok said:

I was supposed to go but sadly I didn't, Oxnard is a 2 hour drive and my mum being so sick wouldn't have been able to handle it :( 

@ellekotonyok I hope your mom recovers from whatever is ailing her, and will put her in my prayers.  It is so nice of you to volunteer at the hospital when your own mom is sick.  

• Love 1

I really hope that topic gets opened back up ASAP. My gout and bunions have really been playing up this week and the DCC gossip is the only thing that keeps my spirits up ??????.  

• Love 11

I feel you RhiRhi! I feel like I've seen more doctors this year than in my entire life (nothing serious fortunately). I need my DCC fix ASAP. Can't wait for the show to start next week.

I just asked shelly on her Q and A thread if she knew what was going on.  Doubt if I will get any info but it looks like a lot of members were involved because it is like a ghost town on this whole group of topics.  The show starts in a week they have to have the team announcement SOON!

• Love 1
(edited)
26 minutes ago, DCCroutineFAN said:

I just asked shelly on her Q and A thread if she knew what was going on.  Doubt if I will get any info but it looks like a lot of members were involved because it is like a ghost town on this whole group of topics.  The show starts in a week they have to have the team announcement SOON!

Shelly wouldn't know, the mods have already addressed it. Not sure what was said, but they did remind everyone that snapping and rude behavior against other posters wasn't allowed so I'm just assuming it was that. It'll be back up soon, not really worried. I think everyone just got a little heated with no real details in awhile. 

Edited by HowdeeDo
  • Love 1
25 minutes ago, DCCroutineFAN said:

The moderators always ask us to please direct any questions we may have to them.  But they certainly will not divulge the details of who was involved or what exactly was said.  I was not on the boards for most of yesterday so I have no idea what happened.  Perhaps someone who knows can privately message with you.

11 minutes ago, California Girl said:

The moderators always ask us to please direct any questions we may have to them.  But they certainly will not divulge the details of who was involved or what exactly was said.  

Exactly. We are not about to describe what happened. Posts were removed. The topic will be unlocked shortly. Please drop this line of inquiry of what happened and move forward. It's been answered as well as it ever will be.

Also, a note. PTV is not the entity holding back info from training camp. PTV is not affiliated with Dallas Cowboy Cheerleaders. It seems like there's a conflation of it being quiet and no spoilers and somehow that's on PTV. I'm not sure how that's happened, but sometimes forums get quiet when shows are on hiatus etc. It happens and it is the nature of television. Some forums are still super busy and some aren't. But that's not because PTV is holding back information. 

• Love 2
16 hours ago, California Girl said:

Me too, I a just checking in tonight for the first time (very busy day) and was surprised to find the thread locked down.  Everyone get a good night's rest, and we'll see each other again tomorrow -- happy and rested.  Good night y'all.

@ellekotonyok I hope your mom recovers from whatever is ailing her, and will put her in my prayers.  It is so nice of you to volunteer at the hospital when your own mom is sick.  

Thank you so much! She has a few chronic issues, and her drs say that she might have a few of them for the rest of her life. But we're all hoping for the best :) 

So I'm making my Halloween costume and I'm going as a DCC. I wanted it to be as close as possible to the real uniform so I read an artice where Kelli talks about the fabric they use. She says peach skin, which I ordered online and it feels really thin. It doesn't look like the fabric on the shorts either. The fabric on the shorts looks thicker and fluffy(that's the best adjective I can think of to describe it) do any of you know if there's a fabric that looks like it? anyways, if any of you sew or have any tips or ideas for my costume, let me know! 

dccshortsbelt.jpg

• Love 1
On 7/27/2017 at 3:32 PM, ellekotonyok said:

So I'm making my Halloween costume and I'm going as a DCC. I wanted it to be as close as possible to the real uniform so I read an artice where Kelli talks about the fabric they use. She says peach skin, which I ordered online and it feels really thin. It doesn't look like the fabric on the shorts either. The fabric on the shorts looks thicker and fluffy(that's the best adjective I can think of to describe it) do any of you know if there's a fabric that looks like it? anyways, if any of you sew or have any tips or ideas for my costume, let me know! 

dccshortsbelt.jpg

It's polyester knit.... the blouse is peachskin

• Love 3

Can I just say @ellekotonyok that you're my hero. I'd love to dress up as a DCC, but I've had multiple surgeries and have scars on my tummy, back, and hip bones. I'm not DCC skinny, but I could pull it off without my 8-10 scars.  Well, maybe in my dreams. I look okay for my age. I just started dancing again after my 2nd stroke. I got 2 combos. 25 minutes of cardio. 2 months ago I couldn't walk. 

• Love 1
6 hours ago, Hummingbird24 said:

Can I just say @ellekotonyok that you're my hero. I'd love to dress up as a DCC, but I've had multiple surgeries and have scars on my tummy, back, and hip bones. I'm not DCC skinny, but I could pull it off without my 8-10 scars.  Well, maybe in my dreams. I look okay for my age. I just started dancing again after my 2nd stroke. I got 2 combos. 25 minutes of cardio. 2 months ago I couldn't walk. 

YES YOU WOULD LOOK AMAZING, SCARS OR NOT! I'm so happy to hear you're dancing after your stroke! <3 

On 7/29/2017 at 2:46 PM, ShellyB said:

It's polyester knit.... the blouse is peachskin

Thank you so much Shelly!!! 

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, DCCFanInKy said:

I can't recall...has CMT ever put episodes online BEFORE they actually air?

Not to my knowledge. Even though that is the latest fad for some shows I don't think a show like this benefits from doing it either. I'd be very surprised if they took that step.

• Love 1

So I started working on making the blouse today, it took a lot of deconstructing of button down shirts. But I got it down! The peachskin fabric I bought is gonna have to be dyed blue. I bought it in white. Hopefully the dye stays on the fabric. Having a tough time figuring out which poly knit fabric would be used for the shorts, though. I'll add pictures soon!! 

• Love 1

Cowboys are a hot mess tonight. Feel bad for the girls, hopefully they get it together.

1 hour ago, ellekotonyok said:

So I started working on making the blouse today, it took a lot of deconstructing of button down shirts. But I got it down! The peachskin fabric I bought is gonna have to be dyed blue. I bought it in white. Hopefully the dye stays on the fabric. Having a tough time figuring out which poly knit fabric would be used for the shorts, though. I'll add pictures soon!! 

Can't wait to see! 

• Love 1

To non-dancers, I offer some lingo to help translate critiques! :)

"Awkward" means insecure dancing/lack of technique showing/--could be nerves, but could be the lack of experience dancing powerful in that style --required in Pom, hiphop styles, etc. Jazz and ballet dancers understand technique but a different style of dance can lead to awkward or "too flowy, graceful" instead of pop and power. 

"Clunky" means errors in placement, feet touching the ground flat and not through proper toe, ball, arch, heel and vice versa. (ballet work) not lifting/pulling up, not powerful placement of arms, poses. Pulling up Example: While sitting, make a note of your current posture. Now pretend a thread goes from the top of your head, down through your neck, spine, to your hip bones, and pretend that God Himself has pulled that string up up up-- feel your spine elongate by 2+ inches. That's basically what dancers do but apply it through their legs up their body to make each move look effortless (tis not effortless lmao).  It's hard and exhausting, but it gets those turns to infinity and those kicks to yo face! :) 

"Be crispy like bacon, you're dull, bland," etc --girl, those moves need to have pop, finish, a wow factor. Hairography. A little bit of sexy. A dancer needs to own her real estate (space) and make. Each. Move. Count. 

I hope this helps and doesn't yield all of the eyerolls and if someone had anything to add or correct, go for it! :) 

8 minute countdown! 

Edited by Cappuccinagina
  • Love 3
11 hours ago, Cappuccinagina said:

To non-dancers, I offer some lingo to help translate critiques! :)

"Awkward" means insecure dancing/lack of technique showing/--could be nerves, but could be the lack of experience dancing powerful in that style --required in Pom, hiphop styles, etc. Jazz and ballet dancers understand technique but a different style of dance can lead to awkward or "too flowy, graceful" instead of pop and power. 

"Clunky" means errors in placement, feet touching the ground flat and not through proper toe, ball, arch, heel and vice versa. (ballet work) not lifting/pulling up, not powerful placement of arms, poses. Pulling up Example: While sitting, make a note of your current posture. Now pretend a thread goes from the top of your head, down through your neck, spine, to your hip bones, and pretend that God Himself has pulled that string up up up-- feel your spine elongate by 2+ inches. That's basically what dancers do but apply it through their legs up their body to make each move look effortless (tis not effortless lmao).  It's hard and exhausting, but it gets those turns to infinity and those kicks to yo face! :) 

"Be crispy like bacon, you're dull, bland," etc --girl, those moves need to have pop, finish, a wow factor. Hairography. A little bit of sexy. A dancer needs to own her real estate (space) and make. Each. Move. Count. 

I hope this helps and doesn't yield all of the eyerolls and if someone had anything to add or correct, go for it! :) 

8 minute countdown! 

how about "puppy dog hands" and "pastel"

• Love 3
4 hours ago, twinkietwin94 said:

how about "puppy dog hands" and "pastel"

Puppy dog hands - cupping, limp fingers, not a traditional ballet hand (this varies from dancer, style, etc; basically the middle finger should be slightly and gracefully lower than the other other fingers, the thumb also moving away slightly  Google any ballet dancer's "port de bras" and look their hands-the hand should look pretty and light. Not like they are dog paddling! :)

Pastel falls under boring, too soft, too flowy when the moves should have extra pop and flair. Compare Madeleine's hip hop style to last year Lindsay's flows jazz style. Both very nice but one is more vibrant in power. Flowy in hip hop looks messy not BAM. Pastel works at noncompetitive middle/high school dance. Not at the pro level :) 

Edited by Cappuccinagina
  • Love 1
19 hours ago, Rosiemac said:

Vinegar helps set the dye in yarn so I think it should work on your fabric 

Well we just had a crazy storm roll through Baltimore and the power is out? BGE better have it on by 10:00...?

the fabric is polyester, do you think it will work?

(edited)
43 minutes ago, woodscommaelle said:

There's no video. ?

Nice story though. Phil's the man. Loved by all. (I think)

VERY odd....it's working here. Try a different browser?

Edited by DCCFanInKy
trying to fix link

Really off topic--does anyone know how to ignore posters via iPhone? Is there a link to do this? Lmao I know it's petty as all get out but yeah.....Sorry if it has been brought up. Lately, some comments make me go YIKES and I saw the mods mention you can ignore people. How do I this on ma phone? Thank youuuuuu

• Love 1
16 minutes ago, Cappuccinagina said:

Really off topic--does anyone know how to ignore posters via iPhone? Is there a link to do this? Lmao I know it's petty as all get out but yeah.....Sorry if it has been brought up. Lately, some comments make me go YIKES and I saw the mods mention you can ignore people. How do I this on ma phone? Thank youuuuuu

Click on the person's profile and there should be an option. On desktop you just have to roll over their picture. 

1 hour ago, Cappuccinagina said:

Unfortunately, you'll still see their comments if other people quote it. I've ignored a few posters on here and still see their comments from time to time.

Edited by bk10
  • Love 2

All of who are safe, warm, dry, and otherwise living our lives as usual this week, please donate to the American Red Cross, the Salvation Army, Catholic Charities, or any other organization providing help to the flood-devastated people of Houston.

Edited by California Girl
  • Love 2