Type keyword(s) to search

Small Talk: 1, 2, 3 Non-Cheerleader Conversation

• Start Topic

I can't watch the second episode on the CMT website and I'm not sure why.  We have CMT as part of our ISP/Cable package, so logging in should allow me to view the episode, but it says I must have a cable package with CMT in it.  I'm so annoyed I might not watch this season at all.

Hello everyone! Can I introduce myself here? I kinda feel like I'm starting school halfway through the year, and I don't know where to sit in the cafeteria.  I can say though that I had "And I'm DOONSSSE" as my text alert for some time until it starting annoying people.  Actually I didn't change it until *well* after I was told it annoyed people. 

Anyway, I'm not a dancer. I'm not from Dallas. I'm not a Cowboys fan. And I've been obsessed with this show since the 2005 2-hour special. My obsession has lasted through 2 marriages. At least this husband is a Cowboys fan so he obliges and sends me pics of the Cheerleaders when he goes to games. Which, considering we don't live in Texas, it's a pretty amazing feat. I used to post on TWOP under a different screen name, but I had to take a break after a bit (not from watching the show, just from posting). So, just wanted to say hello! 

• Love 5

Why hello! Fairly new here too. Well, I lurked for over a year, lol. Just got brave enough to actually sign in and post! Then several of the posters about caused me severe abdominal injury from laughing so hard so I thought, why not?

• Love 1

That Nelly Oleson was the worst, and who even wears ringlet curls anyway? She thought she was so cool. Pssssh.

2 hours ago, QuiteContraryMoni said:

We'll just say you don't have any bones. So you jiggle extra ( can we use that for me too?). We're not fat, we're just easy to see.

Yeah, I mean if we say it's a medical condition they can't make fun of us, right? Maybe they would even let us on the team so we could be ambassadors to all the other people in the world with our disease. They would just have to make us special uniforms with long pants and sweaters.

Have I taken this too far? I gotta go.

• Love 2
7 hours ago, QuiteContraryMoni said:

WELCOME!! Glad you're here. Feel free to opine and theorize. We all do! Did you catch the newest episode?

Thank you!! I was finally able to catch up this weekend. In fact I've watched almost all the seasons online in the past month or so. Be looking for my completely unsolicited opinions and snarky comments in the future!! I hope I'm doing this quote box thing correctly.  

In case you were wondering, my profile photo is not *actually* a photo of me.  Since I'm not auditioning for anything, I do not feel the need to post a headshot. :) Besides everyone would much rather see the Hoff in his heyday than a 38.85 year old woman with melasma. Which reminds me, I call dibs on melasma being my completely non-life threatening but embarrassing condition that I get to weep about with sad music playing in the background during tryouts on MTT.  (In all honesty, I have shed a lot of tears and shelled out a lot of money to the dermatologist to get it under control, but still it isn't going to kill me).  

• Love 5

^^^ Regarding photos ( @KnyghtRyder yours is quite superb!) and Shelly saying we are hiding behind them, well I'm not a huge fan of my looks but the main reason for my avatar is my photos of myself must have been so stunningly hi def I could not find one with small enough resolution that would upload and being close to useless on all things ipad I didn't know how to lower resolution. I just picked the first one that would upload really.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, QuiteContraryMoni said:

Neither you nor KnyghtRyder need to explain your choice to anyone! I refuse to be shamed or chastised for my decisions about my s/n and avi.

People have many reasons to use aliases. Current and potential employers, stalkers, exes, kids, family perhaps don't share the same opinions and it keeps life easier to be able to speak freely without judgment and persecution. Perhaps people just want to step out of themselves for a bit.

For those who aren't thirsty for the public's approval, and who don't have some mega corporation with attorneys and social media strategists backing their internet presence, they prefer to not share their identities on this particular board, and if that's not ok with some, too damn bad.

I wish I could heart this more than once. 

• Love 3

I don't know if you want me to add my playlist songs but here's my list (i skimmed yours so if there's doubles sorry :) )

Desiigner - Panda

Rihanna - needed me

Loud - Big & Rich

One Dance - Drake 

Can't Stop The Feeling - Justin Timberlake

Work from Home - Fifth Harmony

2 Phones - Kevin Gates

On 9/4/2016 at 4:55 PM, KnyghtRyder said:

Thank you!! I was finally able to catch up this weekend. In fact I've watched almost all the seasons online in the past month or so. Be looking for my completely unsolicited opinions and snarky comments in the future!! I hope I'm doing this quote box thing correctly.  

In case you were wondering, my profile photo is not *actually* a photo of me.  Since I'm not auditioning for anything, I do not feel the need to post a headshot. :) Besides everyone would much rather see the Hoff in his heyday than a 38.85 year old woman with melasma. Which reminds me, I call dibs on melasma being my completely non-life threatening but embarrassing condition that I get to weep about with sad music playing in the background during tryouts on MTT.  (In all honesty, I have shed a lot of tears and shelled out a lot of money to the dermatologist to get it under control, but still it isn't going to kill me).  

Can I call dibs on Hashimoto's Thyroiditis? It's what made me gain weight =[

@QuiteContraryMoni girlll there's one certain weirdo that comments on the girls that I always delete his comments because they're either rude or gross. If it's a group shot of the girls he'll say "Only stephanie is hot" or something along the lines of that. 

1 minute ago, QuiteContraryMoni said:

What the HELL man?! And WE'RE accused of being horrible on here?! YUCK. Thank you for doing that. Wouldn't you be so creeped out knowing some rando is out there stalking you? I would.

Oh I definitely would. Their twitter is another place in itself, they stalk the texans cheerleaders too and have the galls to say the texans girls are hotter. I'm like wtf, I think you have some sort of mental disorder.

3 minutes ago, QuiteContraryMoni said:

HAHA right?! We can get critical on here but it's because we're about as invested in them as KK&J lol!! They're just being whackos. And for what? Because they don't have a snowball's chance in hell with them.

I really do think he has a mental disorder because someone will post "lovely meeting everyone today" and he'll be like "was nice seeing you" and he lives in like the UK

Is that the tattoo guy that writes how hot and amazing they all are? Used to be obsessed with Kelsey Bond and has now moved on to Holly? 

If so. HE HAS A WIFE!!

its crazy. I get so protective over these girls that I don't know and just wanna scream at them leave her alone you seedy CREEP! Makes my skin crawl! 

• Love 1
29 minutes ago, JC123 said:

Is that the tattoo guy that writes how hot and amazing they all are? Used to be obsessed with Kelsey Bond and has now moved on to Holly? 

If so. HE HAS A WIFE!!

its crazy. I get so protective over these girls that I don't know and just wanna scream at them leave her alone you seedy CREEP! Makes my skin crawl! 

No, it's another one but tattoo guy is gross too. EW HE HAS A WIFE? WHO THE HELL WOULD LET THEIR HUSBAND TATTOO ANOTHER GIRL ON THEM?

YESS EXACTLY MY THOUGHTS.

There's also another guy that I think has a fetish/obsession with their uniform. He either asks for pictures of them in the uniform or says how he thinks they'll look in the uniform. Lately, it's always "hi can I ask you an urgent question" SO GROSS

5 minutes ago, dccfan37 said:

There's also another guy that I think has a fetish/obsession with their uniform. He either asks for pictures of them in the uniform or says how he thinks they'll look in the uniform. Lately, it's always "hi can I ask you an urgent question" SO GROSS

THAT'S THE ONE I'M TALKING ABOUT lmao

He'll be like "I want the uniform" and what are you going to do with that uniform sir?

Edited by heatherrrrz
8 minutes ago, cherryblossom said:

Do they have to participate in the DCC twitter?  Can't they just do a private one that the creeps can't access?  Obviously I don't use twitter

I think they have to use the DCC twitter. Instagram is probably a choice, some of the newbies still have their instas on private. 

Lets not discuss other people who post on the girls' social media pages, or debate if the person has a mental illness or could be a danger to the girls. If the discussion continues, the mods will go in and hide posts at our discretion. Thank you.

5 minutes ago, PBSLover said:

Everything but the watch.....

Are you watching the keynote? Half of these new features are only on the iphone 7, that's so unfair if you don't want to upgrade or can't afford to

4 minutes ago, QuiteContraryMoni said:

No I'm all Android. School starts next week though and much of our curriculum is on an ipad. I'm hoping my brain doesn't melt down toggling from Android to Apple!

I had an android phone as my first smart phone and wanted to toss it against the nearest wall LOL

2 minutes ago, Gabrielle Tracy said:

I will share something here that no one else in the world knows about*.  Sometimes when I'm alone in the house, I will attempt to imitate (but never duplicate) some DCC moves.  The one I'm pretty good at is the one where they are in plié and they pop their booties (did I use the word plié correctly?).  The one I can't ever get is the one they call "sexy hips".  I dunno, I can't get which leg to raise when whichever arm is being lowered.

*Except my dogs.  And they're not telling anyone else because, frankly, they're embarrassed for me.

haha i love this! i can't say i'm not guilty myself LOL  I'm embarrassingly bad at hairography. 

• Love 1

lol...just the other day I was doing the same as I was cooking dinner.   I was transporting some teens in the car, turned on the radio station they liked and I was asked how I liked the music.  I said it reminded me of cheerleaders and my son ratted me out that I watched the DCC show.  The girls said they use to watch the show and on their own commented how mean K&J were!  

Hey, I dance all of the time--at my very part time job Walgreens--(I'm retired, but work a couple of days a week--we have good music)), in the water in the swimming pool lazy river area  (they play great music), and you can do a whole lot more with the water's help. IKEA is a fun place to dance.(although my daughter gets embarrassed), but my granddaughter dances, too.  And Lowe's is a great place to practice field entrances (the floor squares look about 5 ft long) I've only done a bit of Shawn T's Cize workout, but completed T25,  so I add a bit of that.   I'm not a dancer actually, but in spirit, definitely. It's a lot of fun!!!!!!  And I don't care what I look like, either.  :D  

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Gabrielle Tracy said:

I will share something here that no one else in the world knows about*.  Sometimes when I'm alone in the house, I will attempt to imitate (but never duplicate) some DCC moves.  The one I'm pretty good at is the one where they are in plié and they pop their booties (did I use the word plié correctly?).  The one I can't ever get is the one they call "sexy hips".  I dunno, I can't get which leg to raise when whichever arm is being lowered.

*Except my dogs.  And they're not telling anyone else because, frankly, they're embarrassed for me.

I taught myself the audition routine based on Cersten's video. I stand in place during the double pirouette and can only kick my leg to horizontal level, but I'm well on my way to being a DCC! ?

• Love 4

Ladies, if you haven't tried any of the Fitness Marshall's videos on youtube you MUST!!! He makes up choreography to top 40 songs...it's pretty basic but I feel like such a badass when I get a routine down enough that I can copy some of his head whips and extra hip movements etc LOL  His commentary is also absolutely hilarious. My favorite was "Work From Home" but the record label blocked it :-P My favorite right now of his is "Into You"- seriously SO fun. 

• Love 2
7 minutes ago, QuiteContraryMoni said:

Uhm, I want to move in with The Fitness Marshall. He's hysterical!! I adore him! And I love that he uses all different shapes and sizes of people! THANK you for this gem!

I was writing down my favorite lines of his for awhile..."ok now you're driving over to bae's house...you know what that means!" "if you keep your mouth open while you're doing this dance it looks sexy...and you can take in more air."  lolololol

• Love 2
11 hours ago, LaurenBrook said:

Ladies, if you haven't tried any of the Fitness Marshall's videos on youtube you MUST!!! He makes up choreography to top 40 songs...it's pretty basic but I feel like such a badass when I get a routine down enough that I can copy some of his head whips and extra hip movements etc LOL  His commentary is also absolutely hilarious. My favorite was "Work From Home" but the record label blocked it :-P My favorite right now of his is "Into You"- seriously SO fun. 

Michelle's into you routine is really good but really hard =/

Been a member here since 3/2014 and was also on the old TWOP forums.  Just noticed in this last few months a lot of people joined who know inside info or know current/former DCCs.  Just think it's a little odd that we didn't see them earlier. I know there's a current member here and from TWOP who knows a former DCC  and there were 1 or 2 troublemakers on TWOP who got kicked off.  Don't get me wrong,  I'm not  complaining because  love the inside scoop they bring. Did this board get popular by word of mouth?

Just an observation.

• Love 3
Just now, QuiteContraryMoni said:

I think that Michelle's stuff is great for a younger audience. I'd need to keep some ice and biofreeze on hand if I attempted LOL.

Have you girls ever heard of Cheerobics? You stream their workouts online (instant gratification), they're pretty cheap. They have real songs (albeit older-Firework by Katy Perry and others) and routines that they teach you choreo for each song. They also have a cardio routine and then another series called "intensity". It's training targeted for cheerleaders, but it's a training boot camp to get your muscles in tip top shape. I was thinking of doing Intensity but I know I'll just slack if I do it by myself lol. I ordered my poms off of amazon. Blue of course! They have some good basic choreo and it's to actual music. I like it!

I'd have to make sure my parents weren't home before I attempted to do that. #millenialproblems

HAHA!! OMG that's too funny. Well, I would have had to make sure mine weren't home either. #GenXprobs

It's a sad life when you're 25 and you can't afford to move out because home prices are high and you can't save money.

Just now, QuiteContraryMoni said:

A home?! Hell, an apartment even. When I was 25 I most def had a roommate. I had roommates constantly. If it makes you feel any better, at least for city kids such as myself, college and a house were not something accessible to people our age.

Yeah, I definitely can't afford even an apartment unless I had a roommate and currently I have no friends lol

LOL I certainly "roomed" with my mother occasionally throughout my teens and 20s and even once after a catastrophic breakup in my early 30s. Rent is EXPENSIVE. My friend called her "the older roommate". HA! Before I was married I found some great roomies on Craigslist. But hey, if you can shack up with the 'rents until things change, I'd do it too.

I don't know how to leave my dog so that's my biggest concern at the moment lol once I do my Disney trip next year I'll get serious about saving for a place

5 minutes ago, QuiteContraryMoni said:

Awww the puppers are DEFINITELY a factor. We have three and are stuck where we are until we are down to two. Our older fella has a few years left, then it's 2 BR condo time. Easy, no lawn mowing, no snow shoveling, pay the association dues and call it a day. DISNEY!? Woo hoo!!! That will be amazing!

lol I love my dog, but I want a cat. I have to make due with my sister's at the moment but she doesn't like to be held by anyone other than my sister or her bf which sucks cause holding kitties is so fun. Disney yess I haven't been back since my two trips in 2013 so I'm slacking.

I love Disney! I'm coming back in 2018 ?????? 

re house issues I FEEL YOUR PAIN. I love those fantasy games where you can live out your dreams!! Like sims where I can actually find a decent job and purchase a house ?? 

• Love 1

@MrsEVH oh we've known ?

I decided to come on here back in January? Or around the holidays? And then left for months and came back before auditions.

i can't speak for TXStar, but I remember her appearing after finals. We've messaged each other but respect one another's anonymity. as for shelly... I don't even know what to say there.

• Love 6