Type keyword(s) to search

Little People in the Media

• Start Topic

I don’t really have an opinion as to whether Matt and Caryn are already actually married or not, but what would be the point of keeping it a secret? Plus, playing it up as if they aren’t, if they are, seems inauthentic and I’d think they would try to avoid that. And, wouldn’t someone have spilled the beans by now? Based on my experience, most people can not keep a secret.  I can count on one finger the friends I’ve had who can really do it. Loll 

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Like 3
14 hours ago, Dustbunny said:

LPBW’s Matt Roloff’s Family Farm Business Dissolved After He Fails to Submit Report

Here are copy/paste excerpts from the following article link:

https://www.tvseasonspoilers.com/news/lpbw-matt-roloffs-farm-business-legally-shut-down-after-he-failed-to-file-annual-report/

As far as the legal repercussions of his inactive business are concerned, the Oregon Secretary of State’s official website gave away that the ones associated with dissolved businesses will no longer have the privileges to stand in court. Hence, Matt won’t be able to “pursue” or “defend” legal actions concerning Roloff Farms Inc. At the same time, people with unregistered businesses also don’t get to obtain more business licenses, get into “contracts,” or open bank accounts.

Last month, in March 2023, Matt Roloff filed paperwork to save another one of his businesses, Matt Roloff Media, LLC. He did so in 2022 to keep it active. This business concerns all of the star’s “speaking engagements,” “TV production events,” and other “publications.”

1) Sounds like not filing the annual report will block any recourse from  family members; re: the farm.....

2) The Media LLC is most likely the venture that turns a profit..

3) Also, (my opinion only) it doesn't appear that the farm was profitable the  last few years...the COVID years took their toll....

16 minutes ago, artisto said:

Matt won’t be able to “pursue” or “defend” legal actions concerning Roloff Farms Inc

That sounds like anyone can sue him for anything on the farm and he won't be able to defend it in court. (I am not a lawyer)

• Useful 2
7 hours ago, artisto said:

Last month, in March 2023, Matt Roloff filed paperwork to save another one of his businesses, Matt Roloff Media, LLC. He did so in 2022 to keep it active. This business concerns all of the star’s “speaking engagements,” “TV production events,” and other “publications.”

To save another one of his businesses?? 
What could that mean? Is he struggling with all of his businesses? I suddenly have to think about his attempts to sell the farm. Does he need the money?

It could be, of course that he felt less committed to the entire LPBW brand due to all the issues with Zach, his own health and him getting older. So, maybe he just let things be for a while and couldn’t be bothered to put in the extra energy, which let to a backlog or other issues. Just speculating obviously.

• Useful 1

I I don't know anything about this but my bet would be that this is not the end of the world for Roloff farms. If Matt did indeed miss a filing deadline he most likely will have to pay a fine or worst case scenario he will have to start over incorporating an LLC.  I'm just guessing. But I am sure that Zach and Tori are crowing over this. Maybe Matt is letting go of the LLC that he had and is incorporating one in his name and Caryn's name. Boy wouldn't that cause Amy and Tori to lose it. That would be fun to watch. 

• Like 3

Maybe Matt is finally admitting to himself that he's never really been a true farmer.  That he trucks in all those pumpkins to sell in the fall, and only pretends he has an actual working farm of some kind for the teevee.

I guess he figures he is now in the air b&b business anyway, so why bother keeping up the pretense any longer? 

• Like 3
34 minutes ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

Maybe Matt is finally admitting to himself that he's never really been a true farmer.  That he trucks in all those pumpkins to sell in the fall, and only pretends he has an actual working farm of some kind for the teevee.

I guess he figures he is now in the air b&b business anyway, so why bother keeping up the pretense any longer? 

is that really what he does?  😮

All these years I assumed that he grew the pumpkins on his property, he has acres and acres but he buys the pumpkins from someone else?? 

• Like 2
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 1
2 minutes ago, Dustbunny said:

All these years I assumed that he grew the pumpkins on his property, he has acres and acres but he buys the pumpkins from someone else?? 

They have also grown them on the farm. 

• Like 1
  • Useful 3
15 hours ago, Dustbunny said:

Do you ever remember seeing the miles of pumpkin vines it would require to produce all those pumpkins?  If they existed, we'd have seen them. 

I'm sure Matt does plant some, but the vast majority are brought in from other real farms. 

Amy also used canned pumpkin to make her pumpkin salsa, by the way.  I don't think she ever claimed to use Roloff Farms pumpkins but I think many people just assumed she did.  But cooking pumpkins are a special variety not really used for decoration like the ones Matt mostly sells.  And processing pumpkin is a lot of work, so I don't even fault her for using canned.  I just think it's funny.  

I'm including a picture of Matt's "pumpkin patch" that is really just a mowed lawn for your enjoyment.  Enjoy!

amy-roloff-pumpkin-season.jpg

Edited by Celia Rubenstein
  • Like 3
  • LOL 4
51 minutes ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

Do you ever remember seeing the miles of pumpkin vines it would require to produce all those pumpkins?  If they existed, we'd have seen them. 

I'm sure Matt does plant some, but the vast majority are brought in from other real farms. 

Amy also used canned pumpkin to make her pumpkin salsa, by the way.  I don't think she ever claimed to use Roloff Farms pumpkins but I think many people just assumed she did.  But cooking pumpkins are a special variety not really used for decoration like the ones Matt mostly sells.  And processing pumpkin is a lot of work, so I don't even fault her for using canned.  I just think it's funny.  

I'm including a picture of Matt's "pumpkin patch" that is really just a mowed lawn for your enjoyment.  Enjoy!

Do you have a link a link to prove your accusations? That picture doesn't mean anything. They most likely wouldn't have the pumpkins for display in the actual fields where they are grown. They would be picked and placed in the location where their Pumpkin festival is held which is what that location looks like. I have no idea whether they grow their own pumpkins or not but this article says they do. It seems unlikely they would go out and purchase as many pumpkins that are there each year.

https://screenrant.com/little-people-big-world-roloff-farm-details/

During weekends in October, the farm visitors can take tours of the patch and take home pumpkins grown by the reality star farmers. The Roloffs have also made salsa from their popular pumpkins, available in stores and on Amazon.

Edited by b4pjoe
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I always assumed they were trucking in pumpkins.  In our area it's common for pumpkin "farms" to truck them in.  I'd say Roloff farms is more agritainment.  Several farms around our urban area do this.  A little growing, farm animals to pet, tractor rides, lots of stuff to buy.  The city kids get to see open space and animals.   With the price of land, taxes and other expenses it's very hard to make money actually farming.  

• Like 8

Unless there is a patch of sugar pumpkins they've never shown us, Amy is not and was not making salsa from Roloff farm pumpkins.  The only ones I've ever seen Matt grow are carving pumpkins.  They have never shown an extensive enough area to grow the number of pumpkins they have on display.  I don't think on the show they've ever admitted to trucking in pumpkins, but people in the neighborhood have commented in forums about seeing them arrive.  

• Like 5
  • Useful 1

All of the pumpkin patches that I know of in my area have the pumpkins brought in. Like someone said they may grow a few for decorations but they are not growing thousands of pumpkins. 

I do remember when Matt was recovering from surgery awhile back Zach and Jeremy were tasked with watering the new pumpkins plants. So I think they do grow some. I doubt that those who visit for pumpkin season  care if they are grown on the farm on brought in.

• Like 6
2 hours ago, b4pjoe said:

Do you have a link a link to prove your accusations?

Matt actually admitted it on the show.   

He said has to buy the bulk of the pumpkins he sells from neighboring farms because he can't begin to grow enough.  Because he is not a real farmer and Roloff Farms is not a real farm. Even his website describes Roloff Farms as "agritainment."  And pretty shitty agritainment, if you ask me! 

Here is a pic of what he tried to market as a "corn maze" a few years ago.  He can't grow corn either, apparently.  

image.thumb.png.e7df94035cb53e11989e4b64b822f331.png

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Useful 3
  • LOL 1
3 hours ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

Even the pumpkins can't avoid Amy and another "self mug shot". 

• LOL 7
1 hour ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

Matt actually admitted it on the show.   

He said has to buy the bulk of the pumpkins he sells from neighboring farms because he can't begin to grow enough.  Because he is not a real farmer and Roloff Farms is not a real farm. Even his website describes Roloff Farms as "agritainment."  And pretty shitty agritainment, if you ask me! 

Here is a pic of what he tried to market as a "corn maze" a few years ago.  He can't grow corn either, apparently.  

image.thumb.png.e7df94035cb53e11989e4b64b822f331.png

People pay money for shit like this.That just sad,Matt should be in jail for taking advantage of stupid people

• Like 2
  • LOL 1

There seem to be a fair number of complaints in online reviews of the Pumpkin Season experience at Roloff Farms... mainly that it is quite overpriced given what you get compared to similar kinds of attractions.  I suspect they get away with charging so much because some people are willing to pay the high price for being in proximity to a Roloff.  But there are complaints that the actual experience isn't that great.   It looks like you can just pop in without buying the wristband if you just want to grab some pumpkins, though. 

From what I saw, last year the "full" admission cost a whopping $27 a person (although the "free" age has been raised to kids under 5 when it used to only be free for kids under 2).  It includes a tour and access to the pile of hay bales and tractor tires pyramid and some other crap.  The life-threatening trebuchet is of course gone lol but you can climb into a big pipe and roll yourself around and hop around on an inflated ball thing.  Then you have to buy the actual pumpkins for about 80 cents a pound (in fairness, pumpkins are expensive - not Matt's fault ... although he is surely charging more than he pays for them in order to make a profit - not entirely unfair, though, of course).  But that adds up fast! 

Of course, if you go all-in you might manage to get a picture of yourself with Amy in her cheerleader costume.   Sign me up!  

• Like 4
  • Useful 1

When you compare Matt's pricing with other entertainment charges he's pretty in line with a day at that beautiful, on tv, farm!

Nothing is cheap anymore.  Supplies, insurance and labor quickly eat up profits!

• Like 3
  • Useful 1

My youngest got a little bag with some pumpkin seeds some years back . We planted them and it was quite shocking to see how large those vines became. And that for 2 pumpkins per vine! So, you’d need an awful lot of space to grow the number of pumpkins the Roloffs normally have for sale. I don’t blame them for buying some, if not all, somewhere else.

As for those people who go to Pumpkin Season: if you watch the show, you know you’re being ripped off for $27 pp. The organisation is poor, the attractions pretty worthless. So, imported pumpkins sold as Roloff Pumpkins fit the bill perfectly if you ask me!

• Like 8
  • LOL 1

I think a lot of their appeal is people wanting to meet Roloff family members… get a selfie with Amy or Matt … see what the farm looks like in real life.

“IF” I was so inclined and I’m not!… I’d probably pay more to go to Roloff farms than paying a few bucks less at another pumpkin patch that didn’t have a tv show and famous family.  🤷‍♀️

• Like 9
6 hours ago, Joan of Argh said:

“IF” I was so inclined and I’m not!… I’d probably pay more to go to Roloff farms than paying a few bucks less at another pumpkin patch that didn’t have a tv show and famous family.  🤷‍♀️

Agree Joan. Plus for us, there's a lot of tradition in our pumpkin patch visits. There may be newer ones with more stuff, but we have great memories of visits to Annabelle's (our favorite), so that's where we trek yearly. 

• Like 7

I agree that their prices are comparable to similar attractions (the cost of everything has skyrocketed), and I don't care how many pumpkins they actually grow.  Certainly when they started out, they did, and they still do to some degree.  It's "agritainment," and getting to meet real-life TV stars is a big part of the attraction here.  Matt has really done amazing things.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1
  • LOL 1

I don't think Matt has done amazing things.

His main accomplishment is being a dwarf who married another dwarf and had a dwarf child.   That is how he landed the TV show that has kept them afloat all these years. Without that TLC money, I believe he would still be living in the dumpy little house that was on the property when they bought it.  All his stupid, rickety "attractions" would never have been possible and he would have just been another guy running the same rat race everyone else has to run to keep the light bill paid.

• Like 10
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 1
18 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

This is about the backlash Matt got recently for lending verbal support for Natalia Grace. If you are familiar with that documentary, you’ll know that her age is under debate.   There’s a thread around here about it.  

I watched the NG documentary.  I wondered what the Roloffs would think about her. She walked like Matt without crutches, and it's interesting they have the same kind of dwarfism. I wonder if she'll have more trouble walking as she gets older. 

• Like 1
On 6/26/2023 at 10:38 PM, SunnyBeBe said:

This is about the backlash Matt got recently for lending verbal support for Natalia Grace. If you are familiar with that documentary, you’ll know that her age is under debate.   There’s a thread around here about it.  

Poor Matt just can't put a foot right with some people!

Yes, I imagine she WILL have more orthopedic problems as she ages, just as Matt does, regardless of her current age (I admit I'm confused myself, but lean toward the older one).

• Like 2

Not defending anyone, but the drug addiction problem in America is out of control. Crystal meth, Fentanyl, heroin and now Ozempic "the new weight loss drug." 

Unfortunately, people who are less than rich don't get the same superior care as the rich (who can afford Passages at Malibu for example)

I wish Connor the best. 

• Like 5
5 hours ago, Jst2Wld said:

Not defending anyone, but the drug addiction problem in America is out of control. Crystal meth, Fentanyl, heroin and now Ozempic "the new weight loss drug." 

Unfortunately, people who are less than rich don't get the same superior care as the rich (who can afford Passages at Malibu for example)

I wish Connor the best. 

It’s unfortunate that he said his parents breaking up caused a lot of his problems and now he and his baby mama have broken up as well.  The cycle goes on.

• Like 3
  • Sad 2
17 hours ago, babyhouseman said:

Show will be back on February 20.

Season plot lines:

Just as the Roloffs settle into a rhythm, family surprises, and continued tension give rise to new struggles and questions. After an unexpected proposal, Matt and Caryn excitedly look to the future while building their dream home on the farm, but the constant strain on the family makes them wonder what that future will look like. While Amy continues to enjoy married life with Chris, she remains unsettled by the family strife. To help bring the family together and support a cause near and dear to her, she decides to throw a fundraiser and enlists Chris, Matt, and Caryn’s help. But it doesn’t take long before the stress rises to the surface. Meanwhile, Zach and Tori are enjoying their busy lives with three kids. However, everything is turned upside down when Zach is rushed to the hospital for emergency surgery.

• Useful 3
2 hours ago, MrBuhBye said:

However, everything is turned upside down when Zach is rushed to the hospital for emergency surgery.

Here we go with the emergency surgery, if it really was, because Zach can't keep up with regular attention to his medical issues.  I can see Tori screaming emergency brain surgery!!!  AAckk.  All because Zach needs regular maintenance of the shunt.  

• Like 2
  • Applause 3
2 hours ago, MrBuhBye said:

Season plot lines:

Just as the Roloffs settle into a rhythm, family surprises, and continued tension give rise to new struggles and questions. After an unexpected proposal, Matt and Caryn excitedly look to the future while building their dream home on the farm, but the constant strain on the family makes them wonder what that future will look like. While Amy continues to enjoy married life with Chris, she remains unsettled by the family strife. To help bring the family together and support a cause near and dear to her, she decides to throw a fundraiser and enlists Chris, Matt, and Caryn’s help. But it doesn’t take long before the stress rises to the surface. Meanwhile, Zach and Tori are enjoying their busy lives with three kids. However, everything is turned upside down when Zach is rushed to the hospital for emergency surgery.

Thanks for posting that Mr.BuhBye. I will keep this post and read it nightly so I can save money on Benadryl.

Zach rushed to the hospital for emergency surgery?  Wouldn't that be nearly impossible to keep out of the media news? 

Edited by Jst2Wld
  • Like 2
3 minutes ago, Jst2Wld said:

Thanks for posting that Mr.BuhBye. I will keep this post and read it nightly so I can save money on Benadryl.

Zach rushed to the hospital for emergency surgery?  Wouldn't that be nearly impossible to keep out of the media news? 

Tori and Amy posted about it. There were also articles about it. It was in February, by the time it airs it would have been a year. Typical TLC.

• Like 3
  • Useful 1
2 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Tori and Amy posted about it. There were also articles about it. It was in February, by the time it airs it would have been a year. Typical TLC.

Correct me if I'm wrong but it wasn't exactly an emergency and he wasn't "rushed" to the hospital.

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
1 hour ago, Dibs said:

It's not even "brain surgery," is it, since the brain isn't accessed?  It's routine maintenance on a shunt.  But this is so-called reality TV!

Maybe the surgeons SHOULD access Zach's brain. It could be interesting or it could be a flatliner.

• Like 2