Type keyword(s) to search

S18.E01: Season Premiere (1): Move-in

• Start Topic

(edited)

In addition to the phallic rockets, we were also treated to an extended shot of baseball player guy lifting the top layer of the castle and trying to steady the tiptop of the castle piece with the front of his face.

Day... On what planet do you play Big Brother by yourself? Even if you didn't stick around long enough to learn it in person, it's been on the air for 10 yrs. 

Beard guy talked about how he grabbed the whole castle in a bear hug and rotated it... Then they showed the clip of the other guy doing precisely that while beard guy reached out and barely touched it. Editors already don't like him.

So far I'm with the nurse. Didn't remember Frank, but he looks like the love child of Michael O'Keefe and Will Farrell.

Edited by kassa
  • Love 3

Frank was America's Favorite?  For real?

Bronte is a big no for me.  Bridgette too because she squeals at random moments.

I don't like mayonnaise, but I want to eat a jar of it just to spite Michelle.  She must be SUPER fun at parties.  She is also going to be a real joy on slop.

I can't help it, I find Victor to be so damned hot.

• Love 1
13 minutes ago, kassa said:

In addition to the phallic rockets, we were also treated to an extended shot of baseball player guy lifting the top layer of the castle and trying to steady the tiptop of the castle piece with the front of his face.

Day... On what planet do you play Big Brother by yourself? Even if you didn't stick around long enough to learn it in person, it's been on the air for 10 yrs. 

Beard guy talked about how he grabbed the whole castle in a bear hug and rotated it... Then they showed the clip of the other guy doing precisely that while beard guy reached out and barely toured it. Editors already don't like him.

So far I'm with the nurse. Didn't remember Frank, but he looks like the love child of Michael O'Keefe and Will Farrell.

You have frank pegged.

I like Day.....but she has to learn to get over stuff and adapt a little quicker.  This is where she gets in her own way.  Yes, it sucks to play on a team, but accept it, adjust to it, and move on.  I realize its abhorrent, but she has to learn to kiss a little ass.  When she doesn't like someone, she wants to "keep it real" and I totally get it.  But "keeping it real" needs to be the last and nuclear option.

Which stinks because I think she can have a great social game.  I think people tend to like her, and she is perceptive.  I think a big mistake she made last year was that she stuck to a small group, and it gave the impression that she was closed off, or that she felt like you should come to her.  And its easy to be closed off in that situation, but she needs to branch out, talk to everyone, make friends with everyone, work that social game.  Yeah, I can understand not wanting to put yourself out there with the Abercrombie cover models they put on this show year after year, but its a necessary evil.

• Love 1

So far I know I can't stand Glitter Beard and Jozea (Frankie Grande Jr).  Jozea reminds me of FG because they are both ALWAYS ON and mugging for the camera.  People who are 'always on' are exhausting to be around after a very short while. 

• Love 2

Do these people get more annoying and less diverse each season?  I mean they all kinda come from different walks of life but generally fit a pretty narrow mold, IMO.

• Love 2
21 hours ago, BK1978 said:

I agree with you about Bridgette.  Right now if I had to pick a new player to support I would be team Bridgette all of the way. 

Bridgette is adorable.  She's cute, she's spunky, she's got tons of enthusiasm and appears to be a real fan vs. a recruit.

13 hours ago, njbarmaid said:

So when Bronte introduces herself and uses brontosaurus as the example, I thought was weird.  Is Charlotte Bronte too archaic a reference these days?  My 23 year old loves her books, so I thought it was still relevant.

I'm pretty sure this group isn't all that well read, and if Bronte mentioned any of the Bronte sisters there would be a room full of blank stares.

13 hours ago, Boilergal said:

James picked Natalie because she looks "athletic" bwahahahahahaha

James and the Giant Rack.    Is Nathalie another case of "I'm going on Big Brother, I need to get the worst oversized boob job possible ASAP" ?

3 hours ago, sharkfan said:

One thing I shall NEVER tire of on Big Brother is Julie carefully explaining the rules of a competition to the hamsters, closely followed by one of the hamsters carefully explaining the rules of the competition. Thanks, Big Brother!

Even worse -- Nicolle explaining the rules (can't stand her voice).  I don't understand why they do that -- Is that in case the viewers are so braindead that can't remember what was said on the show 30 seconds ago.

• Love 2
10 hours ago, wings707 said:

Who are you calling Jon Snow?

There are too many contestants, I haven't learned their names yet.  Nicknames, at least at this point in the show, are confusing.

2 hours ago, MrsMommy said:

Watching tiffiany is giving me flash backs.. she is exactly like vanessa so far

Yes.  IF she's just sitting there, I see a slight resemblance.  But as soon as she starts TALKING - her facial expressions - eyebrow/forehead region - are exactly like Vanessa.

• Love 2
12 hours ago, mojoween said:

Frank was America's Favorite?  For real?

Yea he did win america's favorite for his season and it was such BS.  A lot of people thought it was rigged. 

• Love 1

My daughters and I watch together and we don't like commercials, so we're usually a day behind.  None of us can stand Bronte's squeak.  And Michelle with each phobia possible.  My oldest dubbed Paul Austin 2.0 and says he's gross.  And yeah, Tiffany will not fool anyone who watched last season.  She's a dead ringer for Vanessa.  We all thought Paulie may have lasted a bit more under the radar, but people are that up on everyone's last name, his tattoo would give it away.

None of us were happy with Nicole's team losing it all, we like all of them.

• Love 1

So glad to be back with you all again for another summer of torture! ;)

First impressions: I hate Michelle just solely based on her judgy comments in her intro. Hope she goes soon. I thought Paul might be cool at first but quickly realized how wrong I was. I liked Vanessa pretty well last year so I'm cautiously a fan of Tiffany. I also like Nicole and James (his pranks are always at least entertaining). I could've done without Frank and Day ever again.

It'll be interesting to see what happens once the live feeds really get going. I'm ambivalent about the teams. We'll see (or more likely they'll just disappear in a week or two).

• Love 2

Franks dad is Sid Eudy...he used to be a very popular wrestler in the WWE back in the day and went by the name Sid Vicious. I don't  mind Frank...but Bronte and that voice! ugh

Frank is actually...tolerable. What the fuck? Did he actually experience personal growth from the last time we saw him four years ago? Color me shocked!

I think Paulie's attractive. He's got more of a "real" cuteness to him, as opposed to Cody's John Travolta teen idol face, but I dig it.

• Love 1
On June 23, 2016 at 4:54 PM, Callaphera said:

It was too obvious. The train sound when Basic Becky was mentioned was more subtle. That'll never not be funny.

That was my absolute favorite moment of the two hours. I had to rewind to make sure it was actually part of the show and not just automatically in my head. Second favorite moment was the Calvary/cavalry mixup. I was disappointed that BB didn't do more with sound effects there, but maybe they were afraid that someone would take it as mocking the crucifixion. 

On June 23, 2016 at 7:09 PM, RedheadZombie said:

I'm surprised most people didn't figure out Vanessa's sister.  You would have to be blind and deaf not to immediately pick up on it.  Having seen her sister, Vanessa would be wise to put down the bleach and stop trowelling on the makeup.  Her sister is gorgeous.

Their facial features are very alike, and they sound almost the same, but some of the facial expressions are identical! 

On June 23, 2016 at 8:01 PM, kassa said:

I'm going with the love child of Joe Piscopo and Joe Piscopo. 

On June 24, 2016 at 8:37 AM, gunderda said:

Yea he did win america's favorite for his season and it was such BS.  A lot of people thought it was rigged. 

I don't know about that, but I sure as hell didn't vote for him. Others have mentioned that during his season he was targeted week after week after week, yet somehow the unexpected twists often worked in his favor. Then there was the magical night of Dan's Funeral, and Frank was eventually staked in the heart and stayed down. 

• Love 1