Type keyword(s) to search

Season 18 Live Feed Discussion: Their Lives are Almost as Boring as Ours!

• Start Topic

4 minutes ago, TheRealT said:

I thought they broke up because he cheated on her?

Maybe, I am only repeating what I read on twitter recently.   Previously she said he changed and cutting his hair marked the time when that happened.  Maybe he did cheat when he found her unwilling to commit to living together in Chicago.  ???

17 minutes ago, Skycatcher said:

None of these folks ring the bell on any kind of maturity scale, so I'm not surprised at all.  I don't know how many live with or close to their parents and are dependent on them. I'm not talking about an extended family sort of closeness, which is wonderful.  I mean the dependence of needing parental help to get through day to day life, paying bills, etc. 

How else could they take 3 months off at a time to be reality "stars"?  Not to mention all the time they spend travelling for the meet and greets for months after the show.   Someone has to take care of their responsibilities, and you know it can't be these "famous" little snowflakes.

ETA:  EFF YOU NICOLE!!!

Edited by Boilergal
  • Love 4

Now that I think about it, I am not sure Paul is a slam dunk for the win.  It will be close and either one could take it.   I know we have been over this too many times but as I sit here and wait for the Percocet to click in for my ruptured disc, I am distracting myself.  

Nicole:

Corey, Paulie, Day, Bridget, Z.   

James said he does not know who he will vote for, "maybe I will ask what the house wants."  Oh good god.  

• Love 1

If Paul can be specific about what he did in the game to get where he is he can win.  But he can't blabber too long and he can't insult other people. 

He had a great strategic game but it can quickly be shadowed by his attitude towards people.

Edited by gunderda
  • Love 2

Is this correct?  At some point soon after the jury met with Dr Will, they were taken to individual sequester in a hotel near the studio (with handler).  This prevents them from talking further to discourage group pressure and influence.  

Actually I don't think it is definite that Nicole is taking Paul. It appears she is still practicing a speech to James.

what is clear is the following from the feeds:

james believes neither one is taking him. He is upset at getting third place but isn't really mad at them. He believes that he fu***d up and he is solely responsible for his fate. No bashing of Paul or Nicole. Actually a pretty mature attitude considering he just lost 50k I am really proud he is not sinking to their level.

nicole thinks James is a completely worthless person, a ding dong. She bashes him continually with Paul and in private. If she takes James, she intends to blindside him. She intends to bash him in her speech to the jury and make it clear she is disgusted that he will get 50k. She really acts like she hates him. There is some serious anger there.

Though it makes no sense, I think she turned on him when he voted out Corey. I guess she wanted James to vote her out?

Personally, I think it is too close to call with Paul and she should beat James.

however, I do think if she decides to make her jury speech and jury questions a James bash fest she could lose. I think it could re ignite the jury hate and they would never ever respect her for bashing James in that way.

this is the time to tell the jury what you did in the game to deserve the money, not bash your opponent.

strangely, fir all she and Paul say about James doing nothing in the game, he can point to 2 things.

he won the HOH that sent Frank home.

he used his 2 vote advantage to send Z home and start Paulies downfall. And he had the courage to do it in the open and let Paulie scream at him for hours before the vote while Paul pretended to be Paulie's friend.

what did nic do in her HOH? Evicted Meech. 

Edited by Irishsecra
  • Love 5

Please tell me that between Wednesday evening and the time the OTT folks move in they are going to gut the house and wash everything with bleach. Those bedrooms look like they smell really bad. Everything else just looks sticky.

Also, is it over yet? This season was mostly a real drag.

Hope to see you all in the OTT forums.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, wings707 said:

Is this correct?  At some point soon after the jury met with Dr Will, they were taken to individual sequester in a hotel near the studio (with handler).  This prevents them from talking further to discourage group pressure and influence.  

Yes that seems to be correct.  James and Nicole both spoke about what happens with the jury multiple times and that a week before the finale they are taken to a hotel and  put in sequester.  Corey didn't even get to stay at the jury house.  He arrived at the jury house, did the round table and then went to a hotel. 

• Love 2

And James, a fan, thinks he will vote with the house if he cannot make up his mind.  He is a sad little guy.  I am sure he thinks he will see Natalie before he sits on those tall stools on stage before the vote, too.   I hope they bought him a shirt that fits for the finale.  

Edited by wings707
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, Irishsecra said:

Actually I don't think it is definite that Nicole is taking Paul. It appears she is still practicing a speech to James.

james believes neither one is taking him. He is upset at getting third place but isn't really mad at them. He believes that he fu***d up and he is solely responsible for his fate. No bashing of Paul or Nicole. Actually a pretty mature attitude considering he just lost 50k I am really proud he is not sinking to their level.

nicole thinks James is a completely worthless person, a ding dong. She bashes him continually with Paul and in private. If she takes James, she intends to blindside him. She intends to bash him in her speech to the jury and make it clear she is disgusted that he will get 50k. She really acts like she hates him. There is some serious anger there.

Though it makes no sense, I think she turned on him when he voted out Corey. I guess she wanted James to vote her out?

Personally, I think it is too close to call with Paul and she should beat James.

however, I do think if she decides to make her jury speech and jury questions a James bash fest she could lose. I think it could re ignite the jury hate and they would never ever respect her for bashing James in that way.

this is the time to tell the jury what you did in the game to deserve the money, not bash your opponent.

strangely, fir all she and Paul say about James doing nothing in the game, he can point to 2 things.

he used his 2 vote advantage to send Z home and start Paulies downfall. And he had the courage to do it in the open and let Paulie scream at him for hours before the vote while Paul pretended to be Paulie's friend.

I was thinking of an argument James could use, He could ask Day why his vote against her would hurt her the most. He could ask Paulie why he was hurt the most because James flipped the house. He can tell the jury he broke Nicole's heart when he went against Paulie. Why? Because they all trusted him and believed in him. That is social game folks. It is not just about winning comps. I could go on and on but that was just an example. Victor respects him. Ok. I will stop now but you get the picture.

• Love 1

Honestly I don't think he gives a crap who wins now. Neither has been very nice to him these last few days.

I can guarantee you that if Nicole hadn't been treating him like pond scum lately he would have voted fir her. But she has just been downright nasty. Too arrogant to think he could vote for Paul.

Edited by Irishsecra
  • Love 1

I am watching the day after the eight party when Natalie got really sick and James took care of her all night. The next morning she started her period and was absolutely down to the point she wanted to go home. James is giving her a great pep talk to bring her spirits up. This is the stuff I love.

2 minutes ago, Irishsecra said:

Honestly I don't think he gives a crap who wins now. Neither has been very nice to him these last few days.

I can guarantee you that if Nicole hadn't been treating him like pond scum lately he would have voted fir her. But she has just been downright nasty. Too arrogant to think he could vote for Paul.

I think he would vote for Nicole only because of their past. If it was strictly game I think he would vote for Paul. As I am typing this I remember he would hav voted for Vanessa even though she evicted him so I will say he votes for Paul.

The thing about Nicole is she is going out of her way to be nasty and short with James.

fir the most part, Paul is the same with him as always. Polite, not terribly friendly but not outright rude and nasty.

if I were James, I would not vote for her.

James is irritating both of them.  He is not an innocent victim in the tension in that house.  98 days.  The atmosphere is nothing we can imagine.  Nicole and Paul have had some interesting conversations, James offers nothing.  He stays in the UK room a lot, as usual.  A crime worthy of nastiness?  No, of course not, but it has reached the bitch eating crackers stage and there is no coming back from that, now.  He irritates me. too, so I get it.  

• Love 3

Question 

is Paul planning to still put in his jury speech how touched he was by Nicole crying when he was put on the block?

It won't look good since most know James lied about it to get Nicole in with Paul. To protect his friend and alliance mate.

yet another pivotal thing do nothing James actually did in the game!

• Love 1

Question 

is Paul planning to still put in his jury speech how touched he was by Nicole crying when he was put on the block?

It won't look good since most know James lied about it to get Nicole in with Paul. To protect his friend and alliance mate.

yet another pivotal thing do nothing James actually did in the game!

James isn't getting any credit from A LOT of people. He deserves much more than he is getting. I hope he gets to final 2 and the jury remembers. My argument I posted earlier will be very effective against Nicole. I am not sure against Paul.

• Love 1
21 minutes ago, bbaddict said:

James isn't getting any credit from A LOT of people. He deserves much more than he is getting. 

The same can definitely be said about Nicole as well, even though it actually physically pains me to say that.

Honestly to me the F3 are all pretty even gameplay wise. None of them played an obviously better or worse game than the other 2. Because of this, if I was personally voting, I'd probably vote James since I hate him the least. And if Nicole does take James and tries to use her jury speech to remind everyone she's a sweet innocent little girl then the jury might decide to vote for James since they hate him less.

I'm not that put off by Nicole wanting to 'bash' James in her jury speech. I mean I haven't actually seen any of her practice speeches, but from what I'm reading here it doesn't sound that bad. It's not like she's saying he's a bad father so that's why he doesn't deserve to win. Reminding the jury that he didn't do much in the game doesn't seem evil to me. Although coming from her, who didn't really do that much more than him and who will probably play up her innocent act some more, it might not go over well.

I have no idea how Paul's going to fare if he's F2. I just don't feel like we have any real idea how most of the jury feels about him as compared to the other 2. I think the majority of the jury actually sees Nicole as having played the best game, but they also mostly hate her. They probably see Paul as the next best player, but I can't really tell whether any of them really like him that much. Particularly whether they like him more than James or whether they like him more enough than Nicole to get them to vote him even if they think Nicole played a better game.

I can't wait until tomorrow so we can finally be rid of this boring season. I hope BBOTT is at least marginally better than this one.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 1
13 hours ago, Umbelina said:

Final_3_message_to_Fall_Season.jpg

Well, I may question his game play and lack of motivation in said game but James has lovely penmanship, especially compared to Paul's fifteen year old girl writing and Nicole's... whatever that is. Also lol at PLAY in bright pink and underlined twice.

If the next season keeps repeating "Friendship!" because of this message from Paul...

• Love 1
1 minute ago, peachmangosteen said:

The same can definitely be said about Nicole as well, even though it actually physically pains me to say that.

Honestly to me the F3 are all pretty even gameplay wise. None of them played an obviously better or worse game than the other 2. Because of this, if I was personally voting, I'd probably vote James since I hate him the least. And if Nicole does take James and tries to use her jury speech to remind everyone she's a sweet innocent little girl then the jury might decide to vote for James since they hate him less.

I'm not that put off by Nicole wanting to 'bash' James in her jury speech. I mean I haven't actually seen any of her practice speeches, but from what I'm reading here it doesn't sound that bad. It's not like she's saying he's a bad father so that's why he doesn't deserve to win. Reminding the jury that he didn't do much in the game doesn't seem evil to me. Although coming from her, who didn't really do that much more than him and who will probably play up her innocent act some more, it might not go over well.

I have no idea how Paul's going to fare if he's F2. I just don't feel like we have any real idea how most of the jury feels about him as compared to the other 2. I think the majority of the jury actually sees Nicole as having played the best game, but they also mostly hate her. They probably see Paul as the next best player, but I can't really tell whether any of them really like him or not. Particularly whether they like him more than James or whether they like him more enough than Nicole to get them to vote him even if they think Nicole played a better game.

I can't wait until tomorrow so we can finally be rid of this boring season. I hope BBOTT is at least marginally better than this one.

What burns my butt is her saying he is worthless and doesn't deserve the 50,000.  Seems to me like bashing just to bash. But that is all she has done fir days.

as i said she has some serious James hate fir voting out Corey.

• Love 1
1 minute ago, Irishsecra said:

I've read that Nicole told James he never should have voted out Corey or something, but I don't understand what she wanted him to do instead. Vote her out? Has she elaborated on why she can't forgive James for keeping her in the game?

What burns my butt is her saying he is worthless and doesn't deserve the 50,000.  Seems to me like bashing just to bash. But that is all she has done fir days.

Which is a completely dumb argument because than she wouldn't be there. What I think is funny is that if James voted out Nicole and kept Corey not only would she not have a shot to win but I really believe Corey would have taken James.

15 minutes ago, TheRealT said:

I've read that Nicole told James he never should have voted out Corey or something, but I don't understand what she wanted him to do instead. Vote her out? Has she elaborated on why she can't forgive James for keeping her in the game?

No, she just can't forgive him for betraying Corey. No other explanation needed I guess.

Plus in her practice speeches she blasts James fir it. Says bad move cause Corey would have taken him to final 2. That it proves he is an emotional player and let nat dictate his moves.

Hello, James did make it to final 2 and is sitting next to you. Where is the bad move?

Edited by Irishsecra
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, Irishsecra said:

Good post... I totally agree.  I am proud of James for not stooping to Paul and Nicole's level and trash-talking them for playing the game.  I wish they were that mature.

If Nicole takes James to Final 2 and then gives that speech trash-talking him, she is going to lose to him.  It's real rich for her to act like James has done nothing for the entire game.  She spent the first 75% of the game dancing the horizontal mambo with Corey, for crying out loud!  Also, James did manage to send Frank out.  He decided to put Bridgette up alongside Frank even though Natalie begged him not to do so.  That was some good strategy, and he did it on his own.  Then, he voted to keep Vic over Corey in Natalie's HoH week.  That was another critical and crucial decision that kept him in the game.  Finally, he not only helped in flipping the house to get out Z, he also used his America's Care Package perfectly to make it happen.  How can Nicole sit there and claim James doesn't even deserve second place money?!  

WHY must she make it so hard for some of us to root for her?  I do think she played well, especially towards the end of the game.  She's throwing all that away if she devotes her speech to the jury to disparaging James.  

• Love 1

I think Nicole is just doing what so many people do in this situation - it's not enough for her to say, "well, I'm just going to boot James at final three".  They have to justify their decision, partly by demonizing the person they're about to screw over. 

And, I'm sure there's totally a "bitch eating crackers" type situation going on.  Lord knows James bugs the hell out of me.

I can't quite bring myself to being bothered by it. 

• Love 6
5 minutes ago, me5671 said:

Good post... I totally agree.  I am proud of James for not stooping to Paul and Nicole's level and trash-talking them for playing the game.  I wish they were that mature.

If Nicole takes James to Final 2 and then gives that speech trash-talking him, she is going to lose to him.  It's real rich for her to act like James has done nothing for the entire game.  She spent the first 75% of the game dancing the horizontal mambo with Corey, for crying out loud!  Also, James did manage to send Frank out.  He decided to put Bridgette up alongside Frank even though Natalie begged him not to do so.  That was some good strategy, and he did it on his own.  Then, he voted to keep Vic over Corey in Natalie's HoH week.  That was another critical and crucial decision that kept him in the game.  Finally, he not only helped in flipping the house to get out Z, he also used his America's Care Package perfectly to make it happen.  How can Nicole sit there and claim James doesn't even deserve second place money?!  

WHY must she make it so hard for some of us to root for her?  I do think she played well, especially towards the end of the game.  She's throwing all that away if she devotes her speech to the jury to disparaging James.  

She is just really consumed right now with hating James. If you see her on the feeds since the first part if the HOH, she seriously looks at James like she wants to smack him or knock him down a well. 

All I can say is I wouldn't want to be her enemy.

Edited by Irishsecra
  • Love 1

No, she just can't forgive him for betraying Corey. No other explanation needed I guess.

Plus in her practice speeches she blasts James fir it. Says bad move cause Corey would have taken him to final 2. That it proves he is an emotional player and let nat dictate his moves.

Hello, James did make it to final 2 and is sitting next to you. Where is the bad move?

So it was a bad move for James because Corey would have taken him to F2 but a good move for Nicole, because Corey wouldn't have taken her to F2? That, uh, makes a lot of sense, Knee-Cole.

• Love 3
5 hours ago, wings707 said:

One interesting thing I found is, Nicole broke up with Hayden because she didn't want to move to Chicago.  She could not leave her family.  Stuns me.  

IIRC a long long time ago (i.e., back around the first month or so of this season), Nicole had turned loose of some info regarding the Haycole breakup - specifically, Nicole had caught Hayden sexting and/or texting some fangirls on the side.

Not meaning to imply Ubly might be something other than heaven on earth - but additional causalities might be in play....  ;>

The thing about Nicole is she is going out of her way to be nasty and short with James.

fir the most part, Paul is the same with him as always. Polite, not terribly friendly but not outright rude and nasty.

if I were James, I would not vote for her.

If I were James - and sitting in an F2 chair next to Nicole - then voting for/against Nicole wouldn't be an issue.  Paul, on the other hand, might need some care in handling because Paul is not going to take kindly to that seat on Jury.  At.  All.  :)

I don't think Nicole is specifically going out of her way to be an asshole player.  What I do think Nicole is trying to do is project an image of herself as a strong forceful player, capable of making big moves.  Two problems with that, though:

1. Nicole hasn't really made any big moves - not unless you consider Michelle to be some kind of underappreciated BB mastermind (and if you do please keep it to yourself, as I don't really want to have to shoot you in the face multiple times with a bazooka).  
  2. By and large, Nicole's role models this season for forceful gameplay are pretty much unanimously assholes - Frank, Paulie, Paul, even Da and Victor on occasion - and monkey see, monkey do.

Nicole's biggest move of the season was the functional equivalent of sailing a paper boat all the way down a stream without capsizing - and far be it from me to criticize her strategy, because it got her all the way to F3 ( and probably F2).  Same could be said for James.  Neither's game was particularly bombastic - and it doesn't have to be - but Nicole is trying to make her game sound like it was.  And the end product doesn't serve her well.

• Love 6
9 minutes ago, Nashville said:

Nicole hasn't really made any big moves - not unless you consider Michelle to be some kind of underappreciated BB mastermind (and if you do please keep it to yourself, as I don't really want to have to shoot you in the face multiple times with a bazooka).

I always appreciate the way you turn a phrase.  :^)

• Love 2

Part of me thinks that Nicole believes that if she trashes James she will come off as bad ass to the jury.

when in fact I think the jury will think she is just a great big a-hole.

Huge difference in my opinion.

she really must think only nat and Meech like James, that the rest hate him. Otherwise this tactic makes no sense. James isn't Frank who was disliked at the end.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Katesus7 said:

I think Nicole is just doing what so many people do in this situation - it's not enough for her to say, "well, I'm just going to boot James at final three".  They have to justify their decision, partly by demonizing the person they're about to screw over. 

And, I'm sure there's totally a "bitch eating crackers" type situation going on.  Lord knows James bugs the hell out of me.

I can't quite bring myself to being bothered by it. 

I feel like I SHOULD be bothered by it, but I'm not. Nicole is being overly harsh, but I don't think her perception of James's game is totally wrong either.

• Love 3
1 minute ago, Sara2009 said:

Wasn't it some guy other than Hayden who cheated on Nicole? I remember some discussion about that.

I remember that, as well.  She has said nothing but sweet things about Hayden and cares for him deeply.  

• Love 1

I do wonder if James will be a bitter voter and vote for the person who doesn't take/evict him? It would be interesting if he was the deciding vote and decides who the winner will be. Nah! James wouldn't be that lucky. LOL!!!

2 hours ago, Nashville said:

IIRC a long long time ago (i.e., back around the first month or so of this season), Nicole had turned loose of some info regarding the Haycole breakup - specifically, Nicole had caught Hayden sexting and/or texting some fangirls on the side.

Not meaning to imply Ubly might be something other than heaven on earth - but additional causalities might be in play....  ;>

If I were James - and sitting in an F2 chair next to Nicole - then voting for/against Nicole wouldn't be an issue.  Paul, on the other hand, might need some care in handling because Paul is not going to take kindly to that seat on Jury.  At.  All.  :)

I don't think Nicole is specifically going out of her way to be an asshole player.  What I do think Nicole is trying to do is project an image of herself as a strong forceful player, capable of making big moves.  Two problems with that, though:

1. Nicole hasn't really made any big moves - not unless you consider Michelle to be some kind of underappreciated BB mastermind (and if you do please keep it to yourself, as I don't really want to have to shoot you in the face multiple times with a bazooka).  
  2. By and large, Nicole's role models this season for forceful gameplay are pretty much unanimously assholes - Frank, Paulie, Paul, even Da and Victor on occasion - and monkey see, monkey do.

Nicole's biggest move of the season was the functional equivalent of sailing a paper boat all the way down a stream without capsizing - and far be it from me to criticize her strategy, because it got her all the way to F3 ( and probably F2).  Same could be said for James.  Neither's game was particularly bombastic - and it doesn't have to be - but Nicole is trying to make her game sound like it was.  And the end product doesn't serve her well.

I will give Nicole one thing and one thing only. She planted the lie that turned Natalie and by association James against Paul and by associating Victor. That did change the dynamic of the house for a second time.

• Love 1

Has Nicole said she's 'ssssssccccaaaaarrrrrrreeeeeedddddddd' of James yet?

ETA: Here is a larger version of their tips for BBOTT's cast. I still can't make out James' but almost all of Nicole's are visible. And they are painfully annoying. Fuck you, Nicole!

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 2

I can kind of read James' if I squint:

Don't be that guy/girl
If a fight doesn't involve you: walk away!
Take in more information than you give out.
Find the coolest/closest guy or girl and get into a showmance but....*incoherent writing* comps
This game is a marathon, not a sprint. Slow your roll! Don't show your cards....
*six is mostly illegible for me* Be special but don't be annoying (I think is what the bottom half says)
Wash your hands after using the bathroom! Big Brother calls you out!
*I'm not quite sure about this one* Something about don't trust a quiet or loud guy/girl, maybe something about best friends? 
Good luck! Make this summer your best!
Don't *something something* that get you excited! And then something in brackets.

That's all that I got. Maybe they'll do a better zoom in on it at some point. 

• Love 1

Actually I would say half of James tips are quite good.

i like the one about the game being a marathon, not a sprint. SO TRUE!

I think the last one is throw comps (75%} but not the one that gets you out. 

Edited by Irishsecra

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/big-brother-18-finale-producers-931061?utm_source=twitter

Why do you think people do fault her though?

Grodner: I'm actually not sure. Rich, do you have an opinion on that? And maybe you know Brian. I've seen it. I've certainly seen the negativity about her online and I'm not sure why. It's hard to say. I'm not saying this is the case, but sometimes I look at how men and women are treated differently. There's a double standard in terms of them being an aggressive game player if you're a man and being applauded for it. And being a sneaky, 'backstabby' game player as a woman and suddenly maybe you're a bitch. (Laughs.)

• Love 1

I turn on the feeds for a few minutes, for some inane reason, and hear Paul talking about other people being bullies and how everyone else had too much of an ego, and how Nic is so skeeeerrrrred.....and I'm out again. They really need to shorten the time between the last HOH and the finale. It's way too long.

• Love 6

Per jokers

Nic talking to herself on the feeds. Says her heart says take Paul, her head says take James. Says even she would vote for Paul. Says Corey wants her to take James.

Then she says she wants James as unprepared as possible.

i still think James off the cuff will be better than James trying to remember a speech. He would not be able to do it and would stumble over the words. Stress himself out.  Because of his life long memory issues he probably is used to flying by the seat of his pants.

she also said something stupid to Paul. That in a jury pre vote Cody would have beat Victoria 7 to 2. This should give Paul something to think about.

also by herself she says Paul has to know she can't take him unless he is dumb. Knows he is lying to her and is really taking James. Of course we all know Paul is taking Nicole.

Edited by Irishsecra
  • Love 1