Type keyword(s) to search

Season 18 Live Feed Discussion: Their Lives are Almost as Boring as Ours!

• Start Topic

1 minute ago, Umbelina said:

I think Natalie is pretty justified in feeling victimized.  After all, everyone who watches this show, and most of the people she's had to live with over the summer heard her mocked endlessly with FT! (thanks Paul) and called a liar and a sneak and a user (Thanks Paulie!) repeatedly.  I think it all hit her at once and she was reeling, because it's not as if she can walk away from these people, or that only a few heard her character and person insulted repeatedly.

I hope she can pull it together, win this VETO, and banish Nicole from our screens for all time, but face it, this season?  Unlikely.  I'd love to see her play again without that albatross James around her neck though.

Where do you honestly think Natalie would be without James? I am just asking because people keep saying she would have been better off without him.

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, Umbelina said:

I hope she can pull it together, win this VETO, and banish Nicole from our screens for all time ...

I remain so torn on this. I really do want her to win veto but I also really just want her to be evicted. She has no chance of winning and if she were to make F2 it'd just be an endless stream of, 'this dumb whore used James to get here and did nothing and she's evil and fake,' from the jury and the audience and I am not down for that shit. It was bad enough with Liz I'd rather not watch it again.

• Love 2
1 minute ago, peachmangosteen said:

I remain so torn on this. I really do want her to win veto but I also really just want her to be evicted. She has no chance of winning and if she were to make F2 it'd just be an endless stream of, 'this dumb whore used James to get here and did nothing and she's evil and fake,' from the jury and the audience and I am not down for that shit. It was bad enough with Liz I'd rather not watch it again.

That would be absolutely horrible if people think that of her. But knowing today's world it wouldn't surprise me. I just won't be one of them no matter what happens.

• Love 4
Just now, Artsda said:

Without James Natalie would have been evicted early on, like her girls. Her relationship with James is what kept her safe since he had alliances all over. The guys plus Nicole and Corey. 

Thanks. That's what I have been trying figure out what people keep saying she would have been better off without him. It just doesn't make any sense to me at all.

• Love 3
1 minute ago, bbaddict said:

That would be absolutely horrible if people think that of her.

They already do think of her that way. 

It's hard to predict where Natalie would be if she hadn't latched on to James because if she hadn't so many things would be different so it's just impossible to know how things would have worked out. But I feel like she wouldn't have been so stymied strategically if James wasn't her closest ally. He is just not a strategy guy in any way and he really steered her wrong multiple times. Also imo he just never had much faith in her game ability and since she's not confident in herself anyway that just made it worse so she never believed in her own ideas enough to push James on anything.

• Love 5
5 minutes ago, bbaddict said:

Where do you honestly think Natalie would be without James? I am just asking because people keep saying she would have been better off without him.

James was OK for her in the beginning, since he was lying to her about all of his pre show final two deals and keeping her around for amusement.  They let her stay for James.  He was also good at telling her about some of the comps coming up.

For the last 3 weeks though, she's far surpassed his minimal game instincts and his always wrong "gut" and lead her into a morass of James SUCK. 

Hell, he didn't even want her to save Michelle, or help evict Paulie, but she wisely ignored him and did it anyway.  James' idea of "game" is to lay low, throw comps, get AFP money and prizes, go to jury and chill out, oh, and find a girlfriend.

Nat has better game instincts than James by far, now that she knows what the game is.  So I agree, he saved her in the beginning, but since then he's hampered her and his sheer laziness and ego have led to her being in this position.  She trusted him when he told her AND Michelle that he had Nicole handled and if they even spoke to her they would screw up Paul's eviction. 

That's the problem with Vets and Virgins, they defer for too long, and learn bad habits.  All the Vets this year, and Paulie, have simply sucked, but with a cast of Virgins, they all followed down the path of suck.

• Love 7
1 minute ago, Umbelina said:

James was OK for her in the beginning, since he was lying to her about all of his pre show final two deals and keeping her around for amusement.  They let her stay for James.  He was also good at telling her about some of the comps coming up.

For the last 3 weeks though, she's far surpassed his minimal game instincts and his always wrong "gut" and lead her into a morass of James SUCK. 

Hell, he didn't even want her to save Michelle, or help evict Paulie, but she wisely ignored him and did it anyway.  James' idea of "game" is to lay low, throw comps, get AFP money and prizes, go to jury and chill out, oh, and find a girlfriend.

Nat has better game instincts than James by far, now that she knows what the game is.  So I agree, he saved her in the beginning, but since then he's hampered her and his sheer laziness and ego have led to her being in this position.  She trusted him when he told her AND Michelle that he had Nicole handled and if they even spoke to her they would screw up Paul's eviction. 

That's the problem with Vets and Virgins, they defer for too long, and learn bad habits.  All the Vets this year, and Paulie, have simply sucked, but with a cast of Virgins, they all followed down the path of suck.

I think Nat has better instincts than James for a long time. I just don't she would even be there now if it wasn't for him. I think they made very good moves that backfired on them by forces out of their control. Last week was completely both of their faults. They should have hung out with Nicole and Corey but remember, they had a final 4 with them and they screwed them/ It's just the game.

• Love 2

They didn't hang out with Nicole because she yelled at James twice and the fucking coward was too lazy to fix things.

As far as Michelle and Natalie, both of whom have had Nicole's number forever?  They believed James because he was SO SURE, and he knew her SO WELL.

Honestly it wouldn't have mattered anyway.  Nicole's sole goal this season has been to be the last woman standing and possibly collect final two money while a deserving "guy" won.  Nat and Michelle never had a chance with her as HOH.  AT ALL.

They could have braided her hair, carefully washed her dedicates, complimented her from dawn to dusk and served her breakfast, lunch and dinner in bed and she would still have wanted them gone because they weren't born with penises.

No wonder she loved Paulie.  Peas in a pod.

• Love 9

Natalie definitely has better gamer instincts then James. Fuck, a pet rock is better at the game then James. But, Natalie's mistake was relying too much on James and having him "control" her game. Yes, she got to final 6, but that doesn't mean anything unless she at least makes it to the finals. At the end of the day, whether you are the first or last juror, your still getting paid the same, unless you come 1st or second.

But, she still has a better shot at winning then James, so she has that...man I wish we had juror feeds.

• Love 3

I just saw pictures of Natalie when she was a Jets cheerleader. She's looks so HAWT!!! I would love for her to win or make the Final 2. Just to annoy Nicole. LOL!!! She has a long way to get there but things change in the BB House, right? Of course, the next POV (which I think is going on now) and the next HOH (basically, it will be four against one) are critical for her to continue but I'm hoping & praying. LOL!!! 

9 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

That person has way too much time on their hands. I'm not even that obsessed with this show and I sometimes watch the feeds for like 10 hours a day!

But was that because of his 'good heart' (which seems to be easily corrupted quite often) or because it's better strategy. Oh never mind, it's Victor, it has nothing to do with strategy!

In typing that I realized that Victor is actually very weak-minded. He has always let some man dictate his behavior. I usually hate weak-minded players, but because the rest of them (minus Natalie) are so heinous and/or painfully annoying I'm forced to root for Victor as the lesser of evils. Which is normally what it comes down to with this show anyway.

X1000 to the bolded! I agree that Victor is very weak minded in the game. I wasn't paying much attention early in the season when he first got evicted, but I think when he came back in he was kind of floundering and gratefully latched on to the helping hand that Paul/Paulie were offering him (while laughing at him behind his back and plotting to get rid of him soon). Things evolved so that Paul ended up dumping Paulie and realizing that playing up the bromance with Vic (whom he would use as a weapon/shield) was a good strategy. Vic is one of the (many) people who really struggle with the emotional/social isolation of BB, being separated from all the people you trust and rely on when you are emotionally stressed by the game and by doing without the basic comforts of normal life (privacy, the ability to do what you want when you want, access to soothers [be it watching TV, mood-altering substances, sex, loved ones, etc.] that you rely on IRL, etc., etc., etc.). I think most HGs crack because of those factors and end up unreasonably trusting someone they met only weeks ago who's trying to beat them in a contest for $500K and/or making other bad decisions. Many former HGs have said that when you're in the house the evictions seem like deaths on an emotional level and I'm sure that it's emotionally difficult/weird for evictees even though they realize that it's a game. It would be emotionally trying for anyone to be voted out of their community (twice!) by people they want to believe like and respect them. Under normal circumstances, evictees get to go home or to JH where they can decompress and be with people (whether family/friends or other evictees) who can help them put everything in perspective and build them back up emotionally. Vic didn't get that opportunity and twice was put on the emotional roller coaster of "Everyone voted you out!," "Wait, you're going back in!," "Everyone voted you out again!," "Wait, you're going back in!" His rock throughout all of that has been Paul being "his boy," the only one who never voted him out. So I get it on that level. As far as not wanting to shun James and Nat, I think Vic is generally a nice guy (who probably mostly keeps his assholish comments to limited audiences/contexts IRL) and it's against his nature to be a raging asshole on TV (which Paul thinks is cute). I think he doesn't really hate Nat and James or anything (though he's truly butt hurt at them turning on him in the game and currently believes that Nicorey are "better people" even though that's stupid), so he doesn't want to treat them badly or make things uncomfortable in the house.

Paul is one of the minority of HGs who don't get caught up in the emotional neediness. He has feelings and gets discouraged/frustrated/etc., but he's much better able to keep his head in the game than most. I believe that he genuinely likes many of the HGs (including Vic), but he's not going to throw away his game for any of them and he's not torn up about that. He gets heated when he thinks his game is in danger, but it's never about feeling like his friend(s) betrayed him, which is the perspective a lot of the others come from. He plays the "friendship" card for strategy (and because he sells t-shirts with that motto), but I don't think he would be remotely upset with anyone for screwing him in the game once the game's over and I don't think his feelings have ever been genuinely hurt.

2 minutes ago, Umbelina said:

I think Natalie is pretty justified in feeling victimized.  After all, everyone who watches this show, and most of the people she's had to live with over the summer heard her mocked endlessly with FT! (thanks Paul) and called a liar and a sneak and a user (Thanks Paulie!) repeatedly.  I think it all hit her at once and she was reeling, because it's not as if she can walk away from these people, or that only a few heard her character and person insulted repeatedly.

I hope she can pull it together, win this VETO, and banish Nicole from our screens for all time, but face it, this season?  Unlikely.  I'd love to see her play again without that albatross James around her neck though.

I think Natalie is afraid that the FT thing is a much bigger deal than it is, that it's been featured on the show and is something that "America" knows her for and has similar concerns about all of the negative stereotypes that have been/might be put on her (e.g., that she's a slut, a golddigger, dumb, phony, etc.). I think those are common labels that are applied to women in her social circles (which overlap with Paulie's) and something she's dealt with IRL. To me, most of the HGs are inordinately concerned with people "shitting on" them by saying stupid stuff that amounts to petty, immature bullshit (to me). She has been shit on a lot in the house, though, and in the emotional hothouse of the BB house (or really anywhere) I can see how it would be very upsetting to realize that people you thought you were cool with were calling you FT behind your back on national television.

• Love 10

If P/V really want James gone, Nat has to come off the block.  N or C would vote James out, Nat votes to keep him and Paul has the deciding vote.  

Do they realize N/C want Nat out more or do they not care which one goes?

• Love 1

It's one thing to deal with stuff in real life, it's quite another to have millions of people hearing that shit, and blogging about it, and you tube and flashback for anyone and everyone that wants to see or hear it.

I just remembered Paul told Natalie how very much he detests the idiot Corey and all of his "stupid" beliefs, not believing in Darwin, believing in creationism, staunch republican with racist tendencies who wants the borders closed, and homeless people exiled or forced into labor camps.  Maybe Paul is busy doing extra trashing of Natalie because he's worried she might tell Nicorey how Paul really feels about the two of them?

• Love 6
24 minutes ago, CheetaraThunder said:

Natalie definitely has better gamer instincts then James. Fuck, a pet rock is better at the game then James. But, Natalie's mistake was relying too much on James and having him "control" her game. Yes, she got to final 6, but that doesn't mean anything unless she at least makes it to the finals. At the end of the day, whether you are the first or last juror, your still getting paid the same, unless you come 1st or second.

But, she still has a better shot at winning then James, so she has that...man I wish we had juror feeds.

I would love Juror feeds and DR feeds.

• Love 2
6 hours ago, bbaddict said:

That seems a little harsh on 2 fronts. 1: He pays child support even though it was a one night stand and legally he probably doesn't have to. That is honorable. 2: He loves Natalie and it is clear as day. James is a realist here. He KNOWS he cannot go as far as Natalie may be able to go. She has played better than him at comps and he admitted this to her. I completely understand why he is doing this, Just MY Opinion.

I'm pretty sure how many nights he boinked her has nothing to do with his legal obligation, and that he legally has to pay.  He was arrested for not doing so, I think. 

Though if he moved out of state to get away from the mother, at least he's not using his fatherly love for his daughter as some pity point this season.  I think he did last time he played.  It might've been part of his AFP win.  Now he just comes across as kind of a skirt chaser.  He's male Nicole.  

Though maybe that's what they cast for now... the showmancers.  They do seem to love their Brenchel and Jeff/Jordan pairs.  

I managed to distract myself for almost five hours since the veto comp started but now that I'm back on Twitter to look at updates, I'm starting to feel anxious. 

I just know things won't work out for me (they never do by this point of the season) so Natalie's going home, if things don't work out. Then Victor will leave next week. And F3 will be Nicole, Corey, and James, with Corey winning. 

As nice as it would be for James to win veto (I have little doubt that he would use it on Natalie; it's too good of an AFP move to pass up), it's probably going to be Corey or Paul. Corey won't use it, and Paul has no idea that Natalie's the target for Nicorey. So either way, in a little bit, it's going to determine how this week will go, AND maybe how the next few weeks will go. 

As much as I don't want to hear Nicole whining even more, the solidification that Natalie's in the house for another week and Nicole being on the block is too good to pass up. 

So please, BB, if you like drama, please let it happen. 

• Love 3

Natalie apparently came in second.

Goddamnit. 

Just now, TimWil said:

When did Natalie become the target? Isn't it James?

Nicole and Corey want Natalie out, not James. Nicole, I guess, still wants to work with James/thinks he'll join their side/wants to be Last Woman Standing. Take your pick on the answer. 

• Love 2

If James now campaigns to Nicorey to vote him out over Nat, and they still evict her, I suppose there's a possibility he'd join up with V/P to get them (Nicorey) out. I could live with a V/P/J Final 3, as unlikely as that sounds.

Edited by LordBowen
1 hour ago, TheRealT said:

Paul is one of the minority of HGs who don't get caught up in the emotional neediness. He has feelings and gets discouraged/frustrated/etc., but he's much better able to keep his head in the game than most.

I could not disagree more.

There is nothing that would make Corey use the Veto.  He knows Vic would not put up Paul and so that would leave only Nicole as a replacement nomination, and that ain't gonna happen.  So the noms are set.  

Victor seems adamant on James leaving, so if he sticks to his original target and Nicole/Corey turn, that'll be the end of the F4, I think. Not that they'd stick with it next week regardless, but it would give Victor/Paul the reason to turn on Nicole/Corey, and James knows that Natalie wants him teaming back up with Victor/Paul. 

So, ultimately it could still mean some good drama but that depends on who wins HOH. If it's Nicole/Corey and Paul/Victor/James do not win veto, one of them will leave. But imagine if Nicole won HOH and Corey ended up leaving. 

Ugh.  I just can't - I'm out.  Will check back here to see if the final two are anyone but Nicorey.  Hate this season, but love this thread.  

Go Vic - you don't deserve it, but I still hope you win it, as the only decent personality left. 

• Love 7
7 hours ago, bbaddict said:

That seems a little harsh on 2 fronts. 1: He pays child support even though it was a one night stand and legally he probably doesn't have to. That is honorable. 2: He loves Natalie and it is clear as day. James is a realist here. He KNOWS he cannot go as far as Natalie may be able to go. She has played better than him at comps and he admitted this to her. I completely understand why he is doing this, Just MY Opinion.

A really honorable man wouldn't be involved in a one-night stand, and if for some reason, he decided he wasn't THAT honorable, he would use some type of protection. 

But a truly HONORABLE man would pay the child support necessary to raise someone he conceived.

• Love 4
1 minute ago, TimWil said:

Nicole: I'll do what you guys want, I don't care.

I have a feeling her Inner Nicole was screaming "I WANT THAT BITCH OUT AND BE THE LAST FRIGGING GIRL HERE! HOOOOO-AHHHHH!"

Well, seeing as she has been claiming that Natalie's a secret genius who's been throwing comps and who was smiling at James' loss of the veto, she's not really screaming inwardly. 

• Love 1
6 minutes ago, Umbelina said:

I disagree too, Paul enjoys making people feel awful for shits and giggles, not for game, and that's almost always women.

Yeah, but I don't think Paul does that out of a need to bond with other HGs; I think he thinks it's cute/badass/fun/whatever.

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, J.D. said:

I don't understand why Nicole so desperately wants to be the last woman standing.  It's not like there's a prize for that.  Sheesh!!!

She's a bitter bitch who hates women and thinks the only deserving winner is a guy.

AND

She comes from a town with less that 900 people, this is her only chance to be surrounded by all boys, 2 of them fairly cute.

Edited by Umbelina
  • Love 7

Corey also won a trip to Atlanta. Nicole said that she couldn't find the key and someone had to tell her where it was. Guaranteed Corey is not taking scared little Nicole to Hotlanta hahahaha.

I want to know if Nicole has any girlfriends, and if she does, do they tolerate this behavior or is she like a complete 180 back home?

• Love 3
3 minutes ago, CheetaraThunder said:

I want to know if Nicole has any girlfriends, and if she does, do they tolerate this behavior or is she like a complete 180 back home?

I read (on this thread) that Nicole said her mom is her only female friend. Makes sense.

• Love 7